PDA

View Full Version : Need Rental House Advice...me, too!!

StaciMc
01-03-2008, 09:20 AM
This seems to be a popular topic on this board this week, but I'll add my question. I know I want to go with a house, now I'm trying to narrow it down to which one.... I have found 3 I like for various reasons and was wondering if any of you had ever stayed in these subdivisions and could give me an opinion.

1) Sunset Ridge - this one is 5 BR, but has no Internet access - is least expensive.
2) Thousand Oaks - most expensive - has 4 br, game room, more secluded pool & Internet.
3) Southern Dunes - 3br with Internet - middle in price. It seems sort of far away is my concern here.

We really only NEED 3br, but it seems there isn't much cost difference anyway...

If any of you have ever stayed in any of thes subdivisions, I would love to hear a short review or any advice you might have. Thanks so much!

Staci

MikeKV
01-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Have you looked at a Windsor Hills 3br Townhouse? My DW, DD and I will be visiting WH this spring for the first time and have read only great things about WH. It's super close to all Disney activities.

Sorry, I know it's not one of the 3 that you listed but I thought I mention it for you.

StaciMc
01-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi & thanks for responding! We've never stayed at WH & it sounds very nice, too, but....

We are actually planning to only do two days of WDW (left over tickets from last trip) and want to visit Sea World and drive over to Busch Gardens one or more days. (They have a combo ticket that is a great deal!) So, I'm looking for houses close to I-4 more so than close to Disney. We are staying for two weeks and will spread out the trips, so the "amenities" of the house and area are important, too! It's such a tough decision! I feel like so much depends upon this one decision..... and I need to make it soon so that the houses won't get away!

Well, please enjoy your upcoming trip and thanks again for trying to help!

Staci

sympatico
01-03-2008, 10:35 PM
First of all, here's a map if you don't have access to one.
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa-map.php
I haven't stayed in any of the ones you mentioned but did stay in Grand Reserve which is not too far from Thousand Oaks. We didn't mind it there cause we weren't going to Disney but it's not too close to restaurants etc. We had to drive up to 192 or over to 27. We usually like staying where you don't have to drive too far for eating and shopping.
We like staying in the Formosa Gardens / Windsor Hills area. You're only 5 min from I - 4 and along 192 there's plenty of eating places and shopping. If you're only going to need access to I - 4 a few times but will want to be nearer restaurants and shopping I would stay in the FG/WH area or even some of the subdivisions in the Champions Gate area (exit 58). JMHO :)

StaciMc
01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
The map is a great help! I'd found a different map, but it was more of a drawing not a scale map and this one is much better. Now, I'm not super happy with any of the three I'd originally chosen... So, I'm gonna keep looking - I would prefer to be a bit closer to dining & shopping, I think.

Thanks to both of you - have a great weekend!

Staci

orchid
01-07-2008, 12:01 PM
I stay on Sunset Ridge all the time and its good access wether your looking at going to parks or west coast beaches from the I-4. Southern Dunes is about 10 mis drive further up the US27 so not realy that bad as it has Walmart and a new Publix on your doorstep and a Mannys Chop House close by for great food.

donnab2005
01-07-2008, 02:09 PM
I am also looking for a rental condo or villa close to Sea World and Universal. It is a bid decision especially if you are like me and not familar with the area that well.

orchid
01-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Hi Donnab2005... nearest villas will be near the 192 as Orange County doesnt like rental villas, so you wont get one near Universal or I-drive..