PDA

View Full Version : Sandy and James PJ 6/18/08-DREAMS DO COME TRUE! few pictures up!

Pages : [1] 2 3

lov2b@disney
01-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi everyone! I have been lurking and randomly posting for a couple of months now, so I decided with the holidays over it was time to start our planning journal!

Our Wedding:
Wednesday June 18, 2008
Ceremony -Italy Courtyard
Reception -Narcoossee at Grand Floridian
Dessert Party -Italy Plaza

THE BEGINNING

We met in 2000-we worked together - years and many life changes later we had our first kiss:love:

We spent hours just sitting and talking-mostly after work- I have 2 DS:earsboy: so I wanted to be careful who I introduced them to.
After many months, I got them all together for miniture golf and dinner. All seemed well, my older DS loves golf so he "taught" DF the finer points. Then at dinner DS decided his stomach hurt and he was going to throw up:sad2: After a lot of drama we called it a night and I was sure that was it!!:sad1:

Obviously I had some learning to do- he was in it - small pukey boys and all:dance3:

Finally it was time for our 1st trip together!! Disney came up- Disney it was:cool1: I guess this is when I found out DF is a fan too!!:goodvibes
2004 was our first trip to WDW!And we have gone at least yearly since

We had always "joked" that maybe someday we sould come back and get married-usually when the monrail passed the WP- but I honestly wasn't sure I "needed" to get married again ---

In 2005 I found out I was pregnant!!!:eek: I about passed out when the test was positive- I didn't even wait until I got home I called DF from work! OK that sounds weird but I work in an Emergency Room so I took the test there.
So for our 2nd trip there were no thrill rides for me!

February 2006 we added a beautiful DS to our family:goodvibes

our boys are now DS:earsboy: 11 DS:earsboy: 7 and DS:earsboy:almost 2.
the boys:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/boysatpoly-1.jpg

DF and the boys:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/evan1sttrip.jpg

DF and me:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/sandyandjames.jpg

THE PROPOSAL

TOTALLY UNEXPECTED!!!

WE were on our yearly DIS trip, January 2007. The 16th! We stayed at the Poly(loved it:thumbsup2 ) That morning we decided to walk to GF along the lagoon. DF says "maybe we'll come back and get married"---yeah-yeah-yeah:rolleyes:

Well, later that evening after a day a MK behind the castle outside CRT DF tells our oldest to take his brothers across the courtyard by the fountain. I was still clueless, I was lost in the fact that Dream along with Mickey was going on in the castle forestage-we hadn't seen it yet- So I was barely paying attention to DF when he says "In this year of a million dreams,will you make my dreams come true and be my wife!":lovestruc

I was so dumb struck, I said "thank you":rotfl:

He then puts a ring with a tag on it on my finger on the wrong hand! Just then the fireworks go off at the end of the show! It was like it was timed for us!
our special place!(a few days later)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/engagementspot.jpg

THe CM started moving people around after the show ended- we had only that minute and had to get the boys- now playing in the fountain- so we wouldn't lose them!

When we told the boys they responded "OH"!! What do little boys know anyway! I was excited!:yay:

THE RING

Like I said the ring had a tag on it- it was now on the left hand without a tag! DF bought it in the poly gift shop. It is a cute pink Mickey head ring! It now happily lives on my right hand-where it began!

I had said from the beginning I did not want a ring!:eek: -WHAT!!! What was I thinking! I was wrong!! A woman, especially one planning a wedding can change her mind!!
In one of the first bridal magazines I bought I saw a picture of a ring

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/engagementring.jpg

And it was official -I had to have it! I ordered the "catalog" and left it in the bathroom daily so DF would have something to look at and so began my "I dont need a ring quest"

To make things complicated they did not sell this designer anywhere near where we live! I ordered it online from a store in Pennsylvania without seeing/touching/ or trying it on!:rolleyes1

It was delivered by UPS- the driver handed to my 6 year old!!!! Luckily I knew it was coming and was anxiously awaiting its arrival! We did go out together DF and I and pick out a beautiful princess cut stone ! So in May -4 months after our engagement I had a beautiful symbol for the world to see!1:yay:

Thanks for reading! more to come!

myprincessgirlisa
01-02-2008, 02:09 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!

welcome & we are all looking forward to reading more!!!!

your babies are beautiful!!!!

& your ring is stunning!!!

lov2b@disney
01-02-2008, 04:32 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!

welcome & we are all looking forward to reading more!!!!

your babies are beautiful!!!!

& your ring is stunning!!!

Thank you so much!

caryndisneydiva
01-02-2008, 05:58 PM
congratulations! your children are beautiful! i love your ring, i think my sister wants something very similar to that, i'm going to steal your pic to send to her, if you don't mind of course! i can't wait to read more!

lov2b@disney
01-02-2008, 06:37 PM
steal away!

lov2b@disney
01-02-2008, 06:37 PM
oops!

chiefdragon
01-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Congratulations....what an amazing story....I can not wait to read more. Your boys are just so cute.

lov2b@disney
01-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Congratulations....what an amazing story....I can not wait to read more. Your boys are just so cute.

Thank you!!

mcarthur205
01-03-2008, 12:52 PM
What a romantic proposal story! Can't wait to hear more about your plans....

lov2b@disney
01-03-2008, 12:52 PM
OUR VENUES:

Our 1st thought was a small ceremony at WL! Since the number allowed there is so small that was out of the question!

We did not want the traditional WP so we narrowed our choices down to SBP and Italy.

Our site visit was June, Heidi took us to see Italy. We thought about Isola first facing the water and SSE. But with the chair arrangement we decided on the courtyard.

Now we need to decide where we want the seats! Should the guests face the back of the courtyard or the front?.

This is a view down what would be the aisle if the guests face the back

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/courtyardin.jpg

or we could put the seats so the guests face space ship earth and the lagoon

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/italycourtyard.jpg

HELP!

Moving on the reception was a very hard decision- We spent days on our own and with Heidi looking at places.

ARiels-DF couldnt live with the fish chandeliers
AA Parlour- liked it!?
GF WHitehall RM/patio-liked it esp that it had outdoor space and the monorail running next to it, but when we visited the service road behind the patio was very busy, even a truck idling. No good, for our time of day.
LSS- liked it!?
We ate at the CAlifornia Grill- good excuse to eat there! Yum, excellent view!

OK enough!

We went with Narcoossee at GF- like the indoor/outdoor, we knew we wanted a non-traditional reception so it fit!

Some pix-
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/narcoossee.jpg
The lobby
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/lobbynarc.jpg
bar area- pre-reception will be here
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/narcbararea.jpg
Inside(we made an excuse to eat here too!
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/insidenarc.jpg

The Dessert Party-
Would've loved Isola- not enough people:rolleyes:
so we went with The Plaza next to Isola-not very private- but it fitted since the ceremony is also in Italy

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/italywest.jpg

Our Officiant will be Jack Day

We have booked Randy to do our pictures-thanks to all who have posted pictures it made that decision easy!:goodvibes:

I have booked Ana from Beaute Speciale to do my hair! Again thanks to all of you!:goodvibes:

So I think that takes care of all the formalities-

lov2b@disney
01-03-2008, 12:54 PM
What a romantic proposal story! Can't wait to hear more about your plans....

Thank you for reading! It was fun to be a surprise:yay:

lov2b@disney
01-03-2008, 01:17 PM
THE DRESS

So I went through every bridal magazine on the market the minute DF asked me - I was sure I should get a casual gown, nothing to formal.

My sister was visiting and I had seen a dress by casablanca that I wanted to try on so I made an appointment to go try it on-

This was the one
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/gown.jpg

I told the girl in the store I did not want to try on anything strapless- I didnt think i'd be comfortable in it and everyone seemed to have a stapless dress

Well---after trying on many white dresses she asked if I would just put on one- it was strapless-- because she thought the color would be better on me-champagne- reluctantly I agreed!

EUREKA!! :goodvibes: Not only did the color look good, I instantly felt like a princess!(I really didnt think that was what I was going for- but I was WRONG!) Just enough BLing!

So here it is- Chanpagne color, crystal and rhinestone detail-strapless!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/dress.jpg

It is in- I have not seen it yet! It took 5 months!!!Glad I bought on my 1st day out!

I made my first fitting appointment today, early February! Now I must find shoes- I have not went to look yet, but I have went back to these several times

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/Janedavidsbridal.jpg

Simply, open, not to high!
They are at Davids I just need to make time to go try them on! I think there is a matching purse too!

I have bought my headband-simple rhinestone row.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/headband.jpg

I am definately wearing my hair up-hot humid June- there is no mercy on hair that is down!!!
And not to mention I have been growing it out since last June---

So that is my attire!

DF and the boys- UGH! :eek:

hope1826
01-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Congratulations!!

Your dress is so beautiful. And your children are sooooo adorable!

sunsh1ne
01-03-2008, 01:52 PM
your pland seem to be coming along nicely. it will be beautiful and i Love your dress choice. so elegant.
just a side note i went into dress shopping saying no Strapless and wala i felt like a princess in that also.
but truly it is stunning and fits tou to the T

BaBeeCee14
01-03-2008, 01:53 PM
I love the dress! Looks great on you!:thumbsup2

lurkyloo
01-03-2008, 02:10 PM
This was the one
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/gown.jpg

I told the girl in the store I did not want to try on anything strapless- I didnt think i'd be comfortable in it and everyone seemed to have a stapless dress

Well---after trying on many white dresses she asked if I would just put on one- it was strapless-- because she thought the color would be better on me-champagne- reluctantly I agreed!

EUREKA!! :goodvibes:

This is exactly what happened to me - right down to that Casablanca dress! I went in just to try it on, thought it was the One, etc. But it made me look short and dumpy (I'm 5'11"!), and I ended up with the strapless ballgown I never wanted! :cutie:

Thanks for all the pix!

lpizzuro123
01-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I am going through the same thing with where I want us set up in Italy also. I originally wanted the Isola area. We met with Heidi this past November and she also mentioned the Court Yard area. Now we are confused. I love your pictures and never even though of the guests being able to face another direction in the Court Yard. Our wedding is this November - we will be down there for a Planning Session in July so hopefully we will be able to make up our minds soon.

I also wanted to tell you that the first dress you were interested in is on my top list of dresses. I have not tried it on yet but am hoping to this weekend. I did try a few on at Davids Bridal a few weeks ago so the dress delema has begun.

I felt the same way you did about strapless but the last dress I tried on at DB was a strapless and I was amazed at how comfortable it was and it did not feel like it would fall down at all. I have only tried on white so far and I think that is the way I am going to go but I will also try on a champagne. Love the new dress that you chose.

Happy planning and looking forward to reading more.

Linda

lurkyloo
01-03-2008, 02:11 PM
another double $%#@! post!

lov2b@disney
01-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Congratulations!!

Your dress is so beautiful. And your children are sooooo adorable!
Thank You! I think they are pretty cute too!:rolleyes1

your pland seem to be coming along nicely. it will be beautiful and i Love your dress choice. so elegant.
just a side note i went into dress shopping saying no Strapless and wala i felt like a princess in that also.
but truly it is stunning and fits tou to the T

It's amazing what happens when you start to put on a dress! It's a transformation!:laughing:

I love the dress! Looks great on you!:thumbsup2

Thank you!

This is exactly what happened to me - right down to that Casablanca dress! I went in just to try it on, thought it was the One, etc. But it made me look short and dumpy (I'm 5'11"!), and I ended up with the strapless ballgown I never wanted! :cutie:

Thanks for all the pix!

Yikes:eek: I'm only 5'4" So strapless ballgowns for all:cool1: I guess we all really do want to be a princess for a day!

I am going through the same thing with where I want us set up in Italy also. I originally wanted the Isola area. We met with Heidi this past November and she also mentioned the Court Yard area. Now we are confused. I love your pictures and never even though of the guests being able to face another direction in the Court Yard. Our wedding is this November - we will be down there for a Planning Session in July so hopefully we will be able to make up our minds soon.

I also wanted to tell you that the first dress you were interested in is on my top list of dresses. I have not tried it on yet but am hoping to this weekend. I did try a few on at Davids Bridal a few weeks ago so the dress delema has begun.

I felt the same way you did about strapless but the last dress I tried on at DB was a strapless and I was amazed at how comfortable it was and it did not feel like it would fall down at all. I have only tried on white so far and I think that is the way I am going to go but I will also try on a champagne. Love the new dress that you chose.

Happy planning and looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Thanks Linda!

I'll let you know what we figure out! We go down in 3 weeks for our planning session, we are going to go to Epcot and hang out in Italy-until they throw us out :lmao: making some kind of decision- I'll take more pictures and post them!

The dress is beautiful, I hope it is the one for you! If not I know when you do put the right one on you'll know it!!

Thanks everyone for reading! I really am enjoying it---:flower3:

DisBride2007
01-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Your dress is beautiful!

As to the direction the chairs should face, you know my vote is toward the water. :) But you'll be able to tell what your preference is once you see it in person. Spend as much time as you want there and take lots of pictures and even video if possible!

lov2b@disney
01-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Your dress is beautiful!

As to the direction the chairs should face, you know my vote is toward the water. :) But you'll be able to tell what your preference is once you see it in person. Spend as much time as you want there and take lots of pictures and even video if possible!

Thanks!! I didnt think about video! :goodvibes

lov2b@disney
01-08-2008, 07:53 AM
So, after all the distress I've been reading from too many disbrides, I decided to do a newsletter to send to our guests. In it we reminded them to make reservations- a novel idea- I know they are not Disney junkies like me but come on it is disney-in June -rooms book up, restaurants book up- I have already been harping on them for months! I think my dad is the only one who has made one. I know we have time but- hopefully if I get on them now- less stress later :)

We are also doing a breakfast at Chef Mickeys the day after the wedding so I asked for a rough count for this by the time we leave for our planning session- the 18th - 10 days! Because our guest list is small-only 35- it is mostly family and a couple close friends-we are pretty sure who is coming, but there are a few ????- and this is a Family drama story I will not bore you with! THis hopefully ending the RSVP drama later!!

Here is our newsletter:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/newsletter2.jpg

And ready to be mailed: I have to say this was very exciting, I cant wait to be able to mail the invitations!!!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/newsletter.jpg

Kristen14
01-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Everything looks great Sandy! The newsletter is a great idea. I didnt do one because I made a really detailed website that nobody has visited. :( My guests keep asking the same questions posted on that darn website. A newsletter would've been lots easier, and would've been read by a lot more people!

lpizzuro123
01-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I agree with the newsletter idea. Websites are great but unless they print out the info from the website - or have technical devices - they will want something printed to bring along with them. It would make it much easier to check something on a piece of paper they can put in their pocket or purse.

Linda

orangetiggs
01-08-2008, 12:12 PM
We did both a great website(www.ourdisneywedding.co.uk) and news letters yet I still get the same questions!!

lov2b@disney
01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Everything looks great Sandy! The newsletter is a great idea. I didnt do one because I made a really detailed website that nobody has visited. :( My guests keep asking the same questions posted on that darn website. A newsletter would've been lots easier, and would've been read by a lot more people!

I hope they read it!!! I'm not sure why this is hard for some!!:confused:

I agree with the newsletter idea. Websites are great but unless they print out the info from the website - or have technical devices - they will want something printed to bring along with them. It would make it much easier to check something on a piece of paper they can put in their pocket or purse.

I am sure no one has visited the website Disney has set up!! DF asked why in the newsletter I didnt put all info, prices etc. I said because I reminded them about where to get the specifics- the WEBSITE!:eek:

[QUOTE=orangetiggs;22471492]We did both a great website(www.ourdisneywedding.co.uk) and news letters yet I still get the same questions!!

:mad: :headache:

oneyodafan
01-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Congratulations! Everything looks so wonderful so far! Your dress is amazing on you!! Looking forward to hearing about your planning session.

lov2b@disney
01-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Congratulations! Everything looks so wonderful so far! Your dress is amazing on you!! Looking forward to hearing about your planning session.

Thank you! I'm so looking forward to our planning session:goodvibes It is 2 weeks from today! I finally faxed our food tasting sheets back- yum, but what a hard decision it will be!

I feel like I'm not ready yet- so many decisions still to make:confused:

A BIG bonus for us is we will be going to Disney ALONE:cool1: for 2 days, we booked a room at WL and a nice, quiet :woohoo: dinner at Artist Point for the night before our planning session!! Our boys will be with their grandpa- he will bring them to us later that evening and we have surprised them with a couple days for them to play as well!:yay:

lov2b@disney
01-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Ok I need help! What to wear to our DP!

We are having a early ceremony with the reception following and finishing by 3pm- we thought about relaxing at the BC after- or wondering Epcot for the afternoon-

The problem- we had decided we would change out of our wedding clothes and go to the DP in those clothes. But will the picture (randy is coming for the DP) going to be as nice if we are not in our Wedding attire?

DF definately do not want to change back into wedding clothes- I'm torn!

If anyone has picture at a DP no in wedding clothes I would love to see them!

lpizzuro123
01-10-2008, 08:56 AM
We are planning a DP in November of this year. We will be having an early morning ceremony and our reception should be over by 3:00 (like yours). I really want to wear my dress and I know my DF does not want to wear his tux. I am going to try to talk him in to it. I think the pictures will look wonderful. How many times can you wear your wedding dress in Epcot with IllumiNations going off behind you. Once in a lifetime.

If we don't go with the dress and tux option we will go with a nice sundress (maybe in white) and nice pants and shirt for him. I don't want us to to wearing shorts and a tshirt with flipflops or sneakers. I don't care what our guests wear but if we are not in wedding atire we will be slightly dressed up.

Linda

lov2b@disney
01-10-2008, 09:17 AM
We are planning a DP in November of this year. We will be having an early morning ceremony and our reception should be over by 3:00 (like yours). I really want to wear my dress and I know my DF does not want to wear his tux. I am going to try to talk him in to it. I think the pictures will look wonderful. How many times can you wear your wedding dress in Epcot with IllumiNations going off behind you. Once in a lifetime.

If we don't go with the dress and tux option we will go with a nice sundress (maybe in white) and nice pants and shirt for him. I don't want us to to wearing shorts and a tshirt with flipflops or sneakers. I don't care what our guests wear but if we are not in wedding atire we will be slightly dressed up.

Linda

I agree! Yesterday DF asked me if I really wanted to walk around Epcot in my dress!!:rolleyes1 Well, actually YES I DO!!!:woohoo:

lpizzuro123
01-10-2008, 09:31 AM
I so agree - I just don't think they get it. You can wear your dress and get him a nice pair of black pants and a short sleeve shirt - something with a collar and buttons down the front but more casual then a tux and vest. This way you will both look great.

Linda

caryndisneydiva
01-10-2008, 10:06 AM
i am going to pi the night of my wedding...there was no way i was going to wear the big poofy dress there, so i bought another one. i got it from target of all places for $16. it's one of the isac mizrahi bridesmaid dresses and it's white and i LOVE it...

lov2b@disney
01-10-2008, 11:31 AM
i am going to pi the night of my wedding...there was no way i was going to wear the big poofy dress there, so i bought another one. i got it from target of all places for $16. it's one of the isac mizrahi bridesmaid dresses and it's white and i LOVE it...

Do they sell them in the stores ? :confused3 I dont think I have ever seen them! I had thought of looking at bridesmaids dresses though-seems like it might be a good option.

lurkyloo
01-10-2008, 02:28 PM
I have so much trouble explaining to people why I'm changing back into my dress for the Dessert Party. Hello? Pictures?!

My friend's like "You don't want to haul around that dress - you need to change into a chic going-away suit," and I'm like "THIS IS MY ONLY OPPORTUNITY TO WEAR A WEDDING DRESS IN A PARK EVER!!":eek: :rotfl:

At least DF isn't balking at the idea of wearing his tux.... although he may not even know he's wearing his tux... :rolleyes:

lov2b@disney
01-10-2008, 04:05 PM
I have so much trouble explaining to people why I'm changing back into my dress for the Dessert Party. Hello? Pictures?!

My friend's like "You don't want to haul around that dress - you need to change into a chic going-away suit," and I'm like "THIS IS MY ONLY OPPORTUNITY TO WEAR A WEDDING DRESS IN A PARK EVER!!":eek: :rotfl:

At least DF isn't balking at the idea of wearing his tux.... although he may not even know he's wearing his tux... :rolleyes:

I agree :rolleyes1 It's not everyday you get to stroll the park in a giant dress!!:laughing: I just dont know if DF will agree!- Trust me he wasnt wearing a tux when the planning began!:rolleyes:

I do think it will make prettier pictures!

lov2b@disney
01-11-2008, 01:15 PM
So, I think I have finally figured out our invitations!!! :woohoo:

A little background: After our site visit in June I fell in love with an invitation I saw at Franck's- it had a firework at the top that formed a Mickey mouse head (what else! LOL) It was matted and had ribbon. Heidi told me Impressions did it, so when I got home I called, got samples and played around with it until I got it just right! UNTIL---the best part :rolleyes:---- I needed 15 invitations- figuring we created the invitation it would be a bit more expensive than just ordering-- the grand total came to just under $1000!!!!!:eek:

Okay after I picked myself off the floor- DF says just do it!!-apparently he had lost his mind!!- No really it was very sweet of him- I worked hard to get it the way I wanted. But NO! I cant pay $1000 for 15 invitations!!!

Luckily- I had found the Disers and the Boards and realized I too could make my own- so I've been playing with it and this is what I have come up with! I'm pretty excited about it! I decided on cards and pockets--

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/invite.jpg

And gotta have some SHIMMER, so thank you Caryn for the stardream paper recommendation-

I matted the invitation in silver stardream and the shooting star over the castle I outline with crystal glitter!!( not sure if you can see it in the picture but it is pretty)
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/invite2.jpg

The inserts:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/inviteinserts.jpg

And the whole thing:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/invite1.jpg

Yeah! :cool1:

I figure mid March so that gives me some time!

Oh- to mail them out DF saw a show on lifetime that mail invitations in little mailer boxes- I found some on the paper-source website so we are going to use them- postage is a little higher-but they are cool.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/Picture165.jpg

That's about all for invitations!

lov2b@disney
01-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Today I spoke with Linda- Randy's wife and I'm so excited we are going to meet him when we are down for our planning session !!

:cool1:

padisneyfour
01-11-2008, 01:28 PM
your invites look GREAT! what is the little mickey in the corner of the pocket? the color is pretty too.

Mermaid_Ariel
01-11-2008, 01:31 PM
$1,000 for 15 invitations??? :scared1: Were they written in gold ink?! :rotfl:

I *LOVE* your invitations they're so elegant!!!

caryndisneydiva
01-11-2008, 01:37 PM
i am so glad you posted the price of invitations through impressions...i just showed mark, and he was SHOCKED. i've been having a hard time justifying to him why i've taken on all these projects myself. once he heard that outrageous cost...nuff said!

your invitations look amazing! i love that you did the crystal glitter! those mailing boxes are cool too!

oh, you can only get the issac mizrahi stuff from target.com...

lov2b@disney
01-11-2008, 01:51 PM
your invites look GREAT! what is the little mickey in the corner of the pocket? the color is pretty too.

ACtually I was playing with an extra punch and I guess I left it in there for the picture!! I thought about a hidden mickey;)

lpizzuro123
01-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Wow, they came out beautiful. We are also going with the Cards and Pockets. I ordered a sample of the Stardream Opal and thought it was too beige in color - I didn't even know about the Stardream Silver. Maybe I should get a sample of that one also. I love the shimmer and our pockets are not the shimmer so I would love the inserts to be.

Would you mind sending a template of how you did your sizing for the invites and inserts. I have been trying (especially the inserts on the side) and can just not get it right. Also, how did you get the blue border around the inserts. Did you cut the inserts down to size and put them through your printer or did you put them on larger paper and cut them after they were printed. My email address is lpizzuro123@comcast. net and would really appreciate it if you would not mind.

caryndisneydiva
01-11-2008, 02:03 PM
linda, there's another color stardream (called quartz) that mirrors the opal...the opal goes well with gold tones, the quartz goes with silver tones! hth!

Kristen14
01-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Wow, your invitations look great!! I love the little mickey heads!

lpizzuro123
01-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the info on the paper. I will have to check out the website and give them a call. My cards and pockets will be red with a black border so that one might work better.

Linda

lov2b@disney
01-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Wow, they came out beautiful. We are also going with the Cards and Pockets. I ordered a sample of the Stardream Opal and thought it was too beige in color - I didn't even know about the Stardream Silver. Maybe I should get a sample of that one also. I love the shimmer and our pockets are not the shimmer so I would love the inserts to be.

Would you mind sending a template of how you did your sizing for the invites and inserts. I have been trying (especially the inserts on the side) and can just not get it right. Also, how did you get the blue border around the inserts. Did you cut the inserts down to size and put them through your printer or did you put them on larger paper and cut them after they were printed. My email address is lpizzuro123@comcast. net and would really appreciate it if you would not mind.

I ordered a sample of all the stardream papers to help make the decision-
I dont really have a template I printed them all on a piece of 8 1/2 x11 paper and cut them, then matted each. What I will do is measure them and send them to you- it did take a little playing with to get it right and to make sure the rsvp will fit in the envelope! I will do it today and send it to you!

linda, there's another color stardream (called quartz) that mirrors the opal...the opal goes well with gold tones, the quartz goes with silver tones! hth!

The papers are so pretty! I've been driving DF crazy because I had to have the shimmer!!:rotfl:

Wow, your invitations look great!! I love the little mickey heads!

Thank you! The mickey head on the inside landed there by mistake!!:laughing: I was playing with it and left it there- but I think I like its hidden mickey quality!:rolleyes1

figmentfan814
01-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I love the invitations, especially the shimmery paper and the little boxes. The boxes are really cool :cool1: Are you thinking about ordering any special stamps or anything? There are some cool things on Zazzle that would be neat on the boxes. They are a little pricey though :upsidedow

BaBeeCee14
01-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Wow, I love your invites. They came out great. The funny thing is that they look very simliar to what I did with my invites. We came up with the same idea :thumbsup2. I haven't posted any pictures of it yet, but its the same pocket folder (except in purple) and I have ribbon wrapped around the outside, with the same Mickey punch where you have yours. I ordered samples from cards & pockets and was playing around with it and thats what I came up with. I like it a lot.

If you don't mind, can you PM me your measurements as well? I can't seem to get it just right either and its driving me crazy. I love how you matted the inserts too. I never thought to do that. Gives it a nice touch.

lpizzuro123
01-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks for your reply. I never would have thought to mount the inserts. at the moment I have 6 inserts (need to cut that number down) and it is alittle tight to get them in. I will probably also print it out on a larger piece of paper and then trim down.

I didn't realize there were other stardream paper. I'll have to check it out.

Linda

lov2b@disney
01-11-2008, 03:25 PM
I love the invitations, especially the shimmery paper and the little boxes. The boxes are really cool :cool1: Are you thinking about ordering any special stamps or anything? There are some cool things on Zazzle that would be neat on the boxes. They are a little pricey though :upsidedow

THanks!!!The box is kind of neat, different in a good way:yay: I have been looking into zazzle stamps just haven't come up with the right one yet!

Wow, I love your invites. They came out great. The funny thing is that they look very simliar to what I did with my invites. We came up with the same idea :thumbsup2. I haven't posted any pictures of it yet, but its the same pocket folder (except in purple) and I have ribbon wrapped around the outside, with the same Mickey punch where you have yours. I ordered samples from cards & pockets and was playing around with it and thats what I came up with. I like it a lot.

If you don't mind, can you PM me your measurements as well? I can't seem to get it just right either and its driving me crazy. I love how you matted the inserts too. I never thought to do that. Gives it a nice touch.

I will send them to you!
Thanks for your reply. I never would have thought to mount the inserts. at the moment I have 6 inserts (need to cut that number down) and it is alittle tight to get them in. I will probably also print it out on a larger piece of paper and then trim down.

I didn't realize there were other stardream paper. I'll have to check it out.

Linda

I think I ordered a sample pack it had all the stardream colors from a web site I found called www.papermojo.com (pretty sure that was it) It was $3.50 for all the colors!
I will send the sizes tonight!

cseca
01-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Your invites are absolutely awesome!
I'm actually playing around with making my own invites.
Is it possible for me to beg you for your measurements also? :)
Please?
Thank you!!!

lov2b@disney
01-11-2008, 07:34 PM

Your invites are absolutely awesome!
I'm actually playing around with making my own invites.
Is it possible for me to beg you for your measurements also? :)
Please?
Thank you!!!

Hey- I played around with the measurements for my inserts:

Here is what I came up with (and it worked!:laughing: )

I did 4 inserts: You can adjust for more- the most important one is the back one- the tallest of the 4.

For the mats(blue on mine):
All are 3 1/2" wide-

The tallest is 7 inches high.
2nd tallest 6 1/8" high
3rd tallest 5 3/8"
4th tallest 4 5/8"

The size of the white paper(with wording) is 1/4" less than the mat all the way around so there will be 1/8" border of blue.

I printed each centered on an 8 1/2 X 11 paper and measured from the center- these are all 3 1/4" wide.

Fyi- the lettering for the titles I used 36 size. If there are more inserts the title will probably need to be smaller to be able to see them all when they are lined up!

And dont forget the rsvp needs to fit in a standard small envelope (the one I'm using is 3 5/8 X 5 1/8)

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can help some more, I'm happy to share!:goodvibes

cseca
01-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks Sandy!!!
You are awesome...
So what size is your pocket folio? 4 x 7?
Did you make it yourself or did you buy it?

lov2b@disney
01-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks Sandy!!!
You are awesome...
So what size is your pocket folio? 4 x 7?
Did you make it yourself or did you buy it?

I bought them from www.cardsandpockets.com, they are 5x7 (and only $1 each:woohoo: )

Let me know if you need anything else!!!:)

Ms.Grumpy
01-11-2008, 08:49 PM
So, I think I have finally figured out our invitations!!! :woohoo:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/invite.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/invite2.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/invite1.jpg

Your invitations are beautiful!! You have great creativity.
Could you please tell me where you got your samples from?
TIA.
:cheer2:

lpizzuro123
01-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks for posting the measurements. I can't wait to play with it.

Linda

alauniira
01-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I was wondering where you got the castle pic from and if possible you could send it to me? Or just send your invite if you want. My email is csko@icirclegames.com. Thanks!!!

lov2b@disney
01-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Your invitations are beautiful!! You have great creativity.
Could you please tell me where you got your samples from?
TIA.
:cheer2:

I got the outer pocket from www.cardsandpockets.com the rest I made on my computer!

lov2b@disney
01-12-2008, 08:34 PM
I was wondering where you got the castle pic from and if possible you could send it to me? Or just send your invite if you want. My email is csko@icirclegames.com. Thanks!!!

Heres what I got from other disbrides:goodvibes

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/castlegray.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/BlueCastle3.jpg

Hope this helps!

disneymeg
01-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Sandy . im not a disney bride but my sister CarynDisneyDiva is and your ring is the EXACT ring that i want!!! I have the picture up on my bulletin board of the ring hoping that my bf will notice it and be like "whats that there for". Its gorgeous congrats!!!!

NloveW/Disney
01-13-2008, 06:03 PM
I love your invitations. How did you do the main page with the castle? Any tips would be much appreciated! Right now, I'm just looking at a bunch of different places to get ideas but I really love your main page with the castle. My email is myschi28@gmail.com. I'd love to hear back from you.
Thanks!

camara381
01-13-2008, 07:57 PM
I just found your PJ!!! First let me say Congrats!!! and then WOW everything looks beautiful. I love your invitations...I may just steal your "accidental" hidden mickey and the invitation box.

lov2b@disney
01-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Sandy . im not a disney bride but my sister CarynDisneyDiva is and your ring is the EXACT ring that i want!!! I have the picture up on my bulletin board of the ring hoping that my bf will notice it and be like "whats that there for". Its gorgeous congrats!!!!

I didnt even want a ring:scared1: until I saw the advertisement for the one I got! I love it! Hope one is in your future too!!:cool1:

Looking forward to hearing about Caryn's wedding- we are hoping to be bystanders on the boardwalk since we will be down for our planning session!!

I love your invitations. How did you do the main page with the castle? Any tips would be much appreciated! Right now, I'm just looking at a bunch of different places to get ideas but I really love your main page with the castle. My email is myschi28@gmail.com. I'd love to hear back from you.
Thanks!

All I did was open a new document and copy and paste the picture centered on the paper. I inserted the wording around it! It really was pretty easy once I figured out how to get the picture there! (I not very computer literate so if you have any skills you'll be fine!) Let me know if you have trouble- happy to help:goodvibes

I just found your PJ!!! First let me say Congrats!!! and then WOW everything looks beautiful. I love your invitations...I may just steal your "accidental" hidden mickey and the invitation box.

Thank you! I am enjoying all the planning and creating! I'm pleased with the invitation, the box is unique we really like it! Cant have to many hidden Mickey's!!!:yay:

lov2b@disney
01-16-2008, 07:02 AM
Good Morning! So I recently sent out a newsletter- reminding guests to make their reservations- I also want to have a late breakfast the day after the wedding. I asked for an RSVP by email by yesterday- so I can get a rough estimate to make an ADR. Well in order to join the RSVP drama club- NO ONE RESPONDED!!! not one!!!:headache::mad:

OK- I know this is not the wedding RSVP but still! Not very complicated :rolleyes:

So apparently I will be in for it with the wedding as well! I'm bracing myself now!

Starr W.
01-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Good Morning! So I recently sent out a newsletter- reminding guests to make their reservations- I also want to have a late breakfast the day after the wedding. I asked for an RSVP by email by yesterday- so I can get a rough estimate to make an ADR. Well in order to join the RSVP drama club- NO ONE RESPONDED!!! not one!!!:headache::mad:

OK- I know this is not the wedding RSVP but still! Not very complicated :rolleyes:

So apparently I will be in for it with the wedding as well! I'm bracing myself now!

I really think that for non-Disney fans, the booking of ADR's asap is a foreign concept. I learned my lesson Thanksgiving 2006, trust me I was on the phone at 180 days for the 2007 Turkey trip.

The whole RSVP thing bugs me too, but you know it extends beyond weddings. When my eldest was in daycare, I would call in if he was sick. Guess what most people didn't and the daycare would have to call them to find out where the kid was.:sad2: I guess it would be lack of consideration for the other party.

FIREFLY01
01-16-2008, 09:32 AM

OH JUST WAIT!!
NOT TO FREAK YOU OUT BUT YES IT GETS WORSE :headache:
I THINK THIS WHOLE RSVP THING HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST HEADACHE.. I LITERALLY HAD TO CALL PEOPLE THE DAY MY RSVP WAS DUE AND THEN I STILL COULND'T GET STRAIGHT ANSWERS I SENT OUT MY INVITES FIRST WEEK OF NOVEMBER W/ A DEC 15 RSVP DATE, THE BEST WAS PEOPLE WHO SAID THEY DIDN'T KNOW THEY HAD TO MAIL BACK THE CARD.... TAKE A DEEP BREATH NOW AND TRY TO GET SANE CAUSE YOU WILL WANT TO KILL PEOPLE BY THE END. MY FAMILY WAS THE WORST WAITING TILL LAST MINUTE TO MAKE RESERVATIONS AND GIVE ME ANSWERS.....

caryndisneydiva
01-16-2008, 10:09 AM
hey sandy,

i'm 8 days out and am still waiting for 2 rsvps.

Lisacope
01-16-2008, 10:16 AM
The RSVP thing is already making me crazy too!

I sent out a newsletter before Thxgiving and said that I would have to make an ADR for breakfast at CRT right after Xmas - well guess who was calling all of the families with little kids! And they all said they wanted to come!

And I am answering tons of questions that were answered in the newsletter! Why do you think I went to the trouble of sending it out!

MistressOfAllEvil
01-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi Sandy!

I just caught up on your PJ. Your engagement and ring stories are great! I loved the way your invitations turned out too! For these small weddings it's just not worth it to order them. No one could seem to understand why I was making my invitations, but I think they turned out really well for a lot less. :thumbsup2

And, welcome to the no one RSVPs club. As a member, I would like to forewarn you that it only gets worse. And it sucks. And people are dumb. (including my sister.) The only thing I have to say is...

RSVP FREAKS!!

Okay, I know that didn't really help. B/C I'm sure anyone who actually needs to read that never will. But it makes you feel better sometimes to post things in really big fonts. Give it a try. :rotfl: (btw, i've completely cracked up, so my advice may be shoddy.)

pink_tink8i8
01-16-2008, 11:50 AM

ARGH! I when people do that. It's so annoying. I don't think they realize that we ask for an RSVP in the first place so we can plan!

Bostonbride6292008
01-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Sorry you are having so much trouble with your RSVP's I hope everything works out for you!

camara381
01-16-2008, 12:49 PM
The inserts:

Can you Please tell me where that light blue paper is from and if it is shiny? I have looked everywhere and cannot find the shade i am looking for.

lov2b@disney
01-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Can you Please tell me where that light blue paper is from and if it is shiny? I have looked everywhere and cannot find the shade i am looking for.

It is not shiny- I got it from www.paper-source.com it is called Hydrangea.
I'm double matting the invitation with the blue and metallic silver!:)

lov2b@disney
01-16-2008, 01:03 PM
I really think that for non-Disney fans, the booking of ADR's asap is a foreign concept. I learned my lesson Thanksgiving 2006, trust me I was on the phone at 180 days for the 2007 Turkey trip.

The whole RSVP thing bugs me too, but you know it extends beyond weddings. When my eldest was in daycare, I would call in if he was sick. Guess what most people didn't and the daycare would have to call them to find out where the kid was.:sad2: I guess it would be lack of consideration for the other party.

What has made me most crazy is I wanted the breakfast to be at chef mickeys and due to my lovely family they already do not have a reservation available!!!:headache: :mad:

hey sandy,

i'm 8 days out and am still waiting for 2 rsvps.

Caryn ! :eek: What are they waiting for!! I guess it's a surprise!:rolleyes1

The RSVP thing is already making me crazy too!

I sent out a newsletter before Thxgiving and said that I would have to make an ADR for breakfast at CRT right after Xmas - well guess who was calling all of the families with little kids! And they all said they wanted to come!

And I am answering tons of questions that were answered in the newsletter! Why do you think I went to the trouble of sending it out!

We stress, we work hard to make it easy on them and they make it hard on ALL OF US!:scared:
Hi Sandy!

I just caught up on your PJ. Your engagement and ring stories are great! I loved the way your invitations turned out too! For these small weddings it's just not worth it to order them. No one could seem to understand why I was making my invitations, but I think they turned out really well for a lot less. :thumbsup2

And, welcome to the no one RSVPs club. As a member, I would like to forewarn you that it only gets worse. And it sucks. And people are dumb. (including my sister.) The only thing I have to say is...

RSVP FREAKS!!

Okay, I know that didn't really help. B/C I'm sure anyone who actually needs to read that never will. But it makes you feel better sometimes to post things in really big fonts. Give it a try. :rotfl: (btw, i've completely cracked up, so my advice may be shoddy.)

:rotfl: Thank you for the BIG FONT- it made me LOL!:laughing: I really didnt expect much rsvp drama- we are only inviting family and a few close friends!:cool2: You'd think they could try and be considerate:headache:

ARGH! I when people do that. It's so annoying. I don't think they realize that we ask for an RSVP in the first place so we can plan!

From here on in I will not miss an RSVP:goodvibes It is stressing me a little!
Sorry you are having so much trouble with your RSVP's I hope everything works out for you!

Thank you! I'm sure it will, but I feel better venting about it!!:rolleyes1

lov2b@disney
01-17-2008, 10:21 AM
THANK GOD IT DOESNT SNOW IN JUNE!!!!!!

Ok! Tomorrow we leave for florida and our PS!!:yay: !

Today was my day to get all the things done that I have been proscrastinating about!!!:upsidedow

IT SNOWED LAST NIGHT! only a little but charlotte closes down with a little snow! Doesnt sound to bad right! WELL- NO SCHOOL! :eek!:

My oldest two boys were up and out before the sun comes up! They were already driving me nuts- so out they went!! :rolleyes: By then the snow had changed to rain- of course this does not matter! 2 hours later- two popsicles show up at the door-satisfied but FROZEN! Now being originally from NY we are prepared (why, I dont know!) snow pants, boots, hats, gloves- all of it! They were soaked through it all! No big deal! They stripped-showered (their idea ;)) hot choclate- they were good to go!
I now have 2 more loads of laundry to do!!!! :headache:
They immediately start to fight :eek: Now trapped with 2 fighting boys I do the unthinkable! I put my 2 year old "baby" in the wash! As I type, he stands next to me, snot slugs and all screaming over and over "mommy, my baby"- hopefully he'll give up but it may be hours until "baby" is dry!!!

GOTTA LOVE A SNOW DAY!!!!!

Anyway- here lies my sanity!! I am trying to prepare for our PS!

Any last minute things I should try not to forget??? Last minute advise?

lov2b@disney
01-17-2008, 10:22 AM
So - Thank God It Doesnt Snow In June!!!

BaBeeCee14
01-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Have fun on your PS Sandy! Take lots of pictures for us :goodvibes

lov2b@disney
01-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Have fun on your PS Sandy! Take lots of pictures for us :goodvibes

Thank you! Camera is charged, memory card empty, ready to go:cool1:

Bostonbride6292008
01-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Have a great time! Im from Boston I know all about the snow! My PS was Dec 11 and we got hom on the 12th the next morning we had to go out and get a new snow blower because we were going to get a huge storm that night!

lov2b@disney
01-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Have a great time! Im from Boston I know all about the snow! My PS was Dec 11 and we got hom on the 12th the next morning we had to go out and get a new snow blower because we were going to get a huge storm that night!

Thank you! The funny thing is- by the afternoon the snow is gone! :rotfl:
It causes so much craziness!!:upsidedow

NloveW/Disney
01-21-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but I was wondering what the alternate location was for the Italy Courtyard if the weather is bad. I wasn't sure if they had a set place or not. Hopefully none of us have to worry about bad weather, but it's always nice to know there are alternatives!

I hope your planning session went well! We can't wait to hear more when you get back!

lov2b@disney
01-25-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but I was wondering what the alternate location was for the Italy Courtyard if the weather is bad. I wasn't sure if they had a set place or not. Hopefully none of us have to worry about bad weather, but it's always nice to know there are alternatives!

I hope your planning session went well! We can't wait to hear more when you get back!

Sorry about the late reply-- we just got home last night from our ps ! :cutie: (more to come later)

Our rain backup location is American Adventure Rotunda- very nice, sill hoping for NO RAIN:rolleyes1

BaBeeCee14
01-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Welcome back Sandy!!! :banana: Can't wait to hear how your PS went!

helloirishkitty
01-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Welcome back- I can't wait to hear all about your PS! :yay: :yay:

Keira1387
01-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Can't wait to hear how your PS went!!!

lov2b@disney
01-25-2008, 01:29 PM
We go home yesterday from our planning session with a little trip squeezed in :crowded:

We first drove to my dad's in Florida because we are going to Disney alone for 2 days :yay:

Monday am (after the kids acted as bad as possible the night before- what in the hopes we wouldn't leave them :confused3 WE DID!

We arrived at Wilderness Lodge- treated ourselves since it was just the two of us-
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/wl.jpg

Here we are after check in-- :lovestruc

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/sandj.jpg

I booked a standard room and at check in without even asking :goodvibes we were upgraded to a courtyard view! Our room was not ready so we headed over to MK for the day!

It was such a treat to stroll (minus the stroller :rotfl:), ride the rides and be able to sit together, and hang out stress free before the parade!! Not that I don' love my boys but it was very nice :)

After the 3:00 parade we hung out a while longer, then got our braclets for the pirate and princess party that evening!

We then headed back to the WL to put our stuff in the room, refreshen up and head to dinner at Artist Point- we had a great dinner- over stuffed ourselves because we couldn't say no to the dessert! Highly recommend it- relaxing atmosphere and delicious food! Used to DDE card and saved $21!

After dinner- we waddled back to MK for the party! When I got the tickets I wasnt sure since it was just the 2 of us, but we had a ball! I guess everyone is a child at MK! We got our little treasure bags and made our way around the park filling our bags( the treasure was beaded necklaces and colorful jewels) it was fun! There were DJ's around the park- the kids were dancing away- there were pirate dressed characters/princesses all over!

The parade was fun- my favorite part was tinkerbell on the pirate treasure (I :lovestruc tink!) :tink: I have never seen tink in the park other than flying before wishes!

Then was the special fireworks- true to disney- they were Magical--and tink saves the day-- and flys off!

Heres me at the party- most of my pix came out too dark---

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/meandcastle.jpg

We finally headed back to WL around 11:00. Had to get some sleep for our day of planning......

lov2b@disney
01-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Welcome back Sandy!!! :banana: Can't wait to hear how your PS went!

Welcome back- I can't wait to hear all about your PS! :yay: :yay:

Can't wait to hear how your PS went!!!

Thanks everyone!:woohoo:

lov2b@disney
01-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Our Planning Session-------we had a 9am appointment with Marion, we got up, filled up our refillable mug(love 'em) and headed to Francks

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/francks.jpg

We walked in and Marion was waiting for us- she had a newbie, Kevin working with her! The beginning was just the details- where, who, times... etc.

We did the cake tasting with her:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/cake-1.jpg
so many choices!
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/mecake.jpg
YUM! We went with -
bottom:marble with bavarian cream
middle: chocolate with tropical mousse
top: yellow with white choclate mousse

We went with the cake (I cant find a picture right now- will look again)
Golden scrolls- we changed the gold to silver and added hidden mickeys-
It is round with the castle on top.

After cake we met with Laura- from Floral she was very nice- I had tons of flower pictures and she lead us to what we wanted :laughing:

The hardest part was the ceremony- it is in Italy, so we wanted to define where the vows would be- its a large area.

Chairs we are still undecided on- awaiting BEO to decide-
We are pricing putting 4 urns with flowers :faint: 2 for the bottom of the stairs and 2 at the top of the stairs to mark the way. Rose petals at the top and a table for our sand ceremony- MArion suggested this instead of unity candle- we were going to do a family unity candle- but due to wind and little boys opted for sand.

The flower colors will be creams and light pinks- hidden mickey's in the bouquet-

I enjoyed the floral meeting--until the BEO, I'm sure :eek:

After our meeting we had a break before our menu tasting-------------

twiu
01-25-2008, 02:37 PM
More details! more more more!!!

OceanGdss
01-25-2008, 03:09 PM
I can't wait to read about the rest of your PS! :)

lov2b@disney
01-25-2008, 03:11 PM
During the break we headed over to the GF to revisit Narcoossee- I had a table map from Marion and decided to go over and "map out" what tables I would use and move together for the reception! We went in, only a manager was there and he was more than happy to help us- or as it was leave me be---

It was so much easier to stand in the room and decide where I wanted things and how many people to put at tables--- I wrote everything down and delivered it back to Marion-

While in the lobby at the GF we saw a bride and groom taking pictures- how fun! :goodvibes: We watched a minute-- then something caught my eye, on the "events calender" scrolling near the front desk-- I told DF, I think I just saw our names on the board-- Well,

I did,
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/sign.jpg

How COOL! :cool1:

Menu tasting, up next.....

lov2b@disney
01-25-2008, 03:12 PM
More details! more more more!!!

I can't wait to read about the rest of your PS! :)

Thanks for reading!!:dance3:

helloirishkitty
01-25-2008, 04:41 PM
More more more!! :yay:

lov2b@disney
01-25-2008, 05:59 PM
More more more!! :yay:

Thanks for reading!:)

lov2b@disney
01-25-2008, 06:21 PM
ON TO THE MENU TASTING :yay: :yay:

We had our tasting in the kitchen of the Grand Floridian Convention Center- it was neat, two chairs sitting right in front of the stove- the food being prepared right in front of us!! :cool1:

Also our names on a little message board in the kitchen said- Congratulations and Best Wishes Sandy and James

heres part of it, you get the idea

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/signinkitchen.jpg

US-
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/usattasting.jpg
THE FOOD:

as appetizers we chose-
shrimp cocktail and crab cakes:
the shrimp- yummy, big shrimp good sauce.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/shrimp.jpg

the crab cakes- little "filler" very meaty with mango chutney- we loved it!
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/crab.jpg

Two salads:

Iceberg wedge with a rosewater vinegrette(you can eat the flower)
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/wedge.jpg

Tomato mozzarella with balsamic emulsion-YUM!
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/tommozz.jpg
Sorbet- raspberry champagne-

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/sorbet.jpg
On to the main course_
Duo plate of filet with red wine demi and Rosemary grilled Mahi-Mahi with garlic/sour cream mashed potato, baby carrots and asparagus
the sauce on the filet was awesome!
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/duo.jpg

Chicken parmesan- yummy but not right for our wedding
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/chixparm.jpg

Dessert-(as if there is room for dessert :rolleyes:)
of course- cinderella chocolate slipper- very rich
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/slipper.jpg

Touch choices- very good food and alot of fun! The experience was so worth it! :cool1:

Now we wait on how much!! :eek:

Lisella
01-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Looks like I some how missed your PJ...

I love all that you have planned so far. And count me in as another who loves your invitations - awesome job. For whatever its worth, I am also planning on going with a blue and silver.

Looks like you had a great time on your planning session and looks like you got a lot accomplished. Looking forward to reading more popcorn::

BaBeeCee14
01-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Great report Sandy! Thanks for sharing!

lov2b@disney
01-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Looks like I some how missed your PJ...

I love all that you have planned so far. And count me in as another who loves your invitations - awesome job. For whatever its worth, I am also planning on going with a blue and silver.

Looks like you had a great time on your planning session and looks like you got a lot accomplished. Looking forward to reading more popcorn::

Thank you! We did have a great time!

Great report Sandy! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! More to come!

DaPookie
01-25-2008, 09:47 PM
And gotta have some SHIMMER, so thank you Caryn for the stardream paper recommendation-

Love your pj and the pics!!

Can you tell me if the stardream paper is card stock weight, or what it compares to? I'm trying to find something sturdy (and purty!! :cutie: ) to make my programs out of, and I have no idea about paper weight... I'm doing the Mickey head/fan thingie if that helps!

TIA!!

:cool2:

lov2b@disney
01-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Love your pj and the pics!!

Can you tell me if the stardream paper is card stock weight, or what it compares to? I'm trying to find something sturdy (and purty!! :cutie: ) to make my programs out of, and I have no idea about paper weight... I'm doing the Mickey head/fan thingie if that helps!

TIA!!

:cool2:

Thank you:goodvibes

The stardream paper I used I got from www.paper-source.com there is 2 weights- text wt- is thin-like a regular printer paper, the other one- I think is called cardstock wt.- is thicker and sturdier. They are pretty and shimmery:yay:

DaPookie
01-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Thank you:goodvibes

The stardream paper I used I got from www.paper-source.com there is 2 weights- text wt- is thin-like a regular printer paper, the other one- I think is called cardstock wt.- is thicker and sturdier. They are pretty and shimmery:yay:

Woohoo! Thanks! :goodvibes I've been searching for shimmery stuff for forever, it seems!!

lov2b@disney
01-29-2008, 07:04 AM
After our wonderful and tasty planning session we met my dad and our boys! We took them to get a bite to eat- how repulsive the thought to us !! We went down to DTD ate and shopped like mad people! We got some stuff for our welcome bags- most for the kids.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/welcomebagstuff.jpg

More on welcome bags later! Still working on them! (and everything else) :upsidedow

lov2b@disney
01-29-2008, 07:17 AM
WEDNESDAY-- a free day we spent it at EPCOT--

We wanted to check out the italy pavilion and watch illuminations from italy plaza!

We spent the morning riding rides and playing around. At 11am we had a meeting with RAndy over at the beach club- so we walked over to meet him. We didnt do any pictures, just checked out the different album styles to see if we wanted to upgrade to the flushmount album! Randy was very nice the albums beautiful- we still have not decided which to go with!

The rest of the day was fun in the park--if you have kids to entertain and will be at Epcot - the kidcot funstops and passports are great to keep them busy in the world showcase!

We ate at the garden grill for a late lunch/early dinner-- it was so fun- my boys love the land ride(surprising for thrill seeking boys) We got so much attention from the characters because it was not very busy.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/mickey.jpg

We spent some time in Italy courtyard- didnt get alot of new pix- there was a show going on!

me and the best men! On the raised part of the courtyard
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/mekids.jpg
as of right now :laughing: I think we have decided to have our guests face inward and utilize the natural aisle-easier for me to hide too!
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/courtyardin.jpg

As for the DP- here is DF in Italy west
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/dploc.jpg

we got to watch illuminations from here! The view is spectacular- like they are going over your head- SSE is right in front Beautiful! We were a little concerned about the privacy issue but I dont think it's going to be a problem- the area juts out off the main walkway pretty far and I'm sure Disney will make sure noone crashes! Unless, any of you Disbrides are around- then crash away I'm sure there will be plenty!

So we have a wonderful day and are so excited to get back for our special day!

lov2b@disney
01-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Last but not least--Thursday -our going home day :sad2:

IT'S CARYNS WEDDING DAY! We almost decided not to go :eek: but DF says you will be mad if you dont! So off to the BW!! We had a nice breakfast from the bakery and lurked around a bit watching! EVerything was beautiful!! I'm glad we did go , after reading and "watching" things unfold on her PJ it was great to see some of it in real life-- you will get little detail on that from me though-- hers to tell! But Congrats to you both a lifetime of happiness and love! I'm glad I got to see it!

We hung around watching RAndy take pictures--so exciting :cool1: here we are in a break from our lurking selves!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/usbwk.jpg

Off to the long haul home :sad: Hope our day is as beautiful as yours!

lpizzuro123
01-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Glad to hear about your planning visit. Our ceremony is in Italy as well and we are still deciding about haviing it in the courtyard or in the front by the water. Love all the pictures and things you are chosing. I have a question about Randy's photo albums. As of now he is available for our wedding (November 10) and I love his pictures but I would really love to find out more about the actual albums. Can you give me some insite as to what they look like?

Thanks,
Linda

lov2b@disney
01-29-2008, 01:22 PM
He brought 2 different styles- One was the one included in the packages it had pages with windows that the pictures go in- he had different size/# on each page- a matted style.

The other one is called a flush mount album- the sample he brought was a 10 x 10 it is an upgrade ($575 I think) The picture is the page. There were one to several pictures on these pages. An example of a layout might be, a picture of italy set up for the wedding-spanning the 2 pages with several pictures of the ceremony on top of the scene-kinda hard to explain- it was very pretty-more custom looking. HTH

lov2b@disney
01-30-2008, 07:56 AM
When we got home from our PS I ordered all the paper stuff for our invites! The box (otherthan folders) came yesterday I wasted no time in starting the fun job of cutting and pasting - for hours- and I have 2 more inserts to do, wait on the order from cards and pockets finish them up and send them!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/paper.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/invitepieces.jpg

It's time to get some projects done! Time is ticking away and i've bearly begun!

lpizzuro123
01-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks so much for answering my questions about Randy's albums. One more questions about the one that comes with the package, what was the cover like, what color was it and could you inscribe anything on it (like our names and wedding dates). I'm not sure what the one from Disney is like but I would also love either Mickey and Minnie or the Castle on the cover.

Thanks,
Linda

lov2b@disney
01-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Linda- The cover is a leather like cover- I know in the past I have seen this type with names and dates on them- I cant remember if Randy's had them on it- Im sure it wouldnt be a problem. hth

DisBride2007
01-30-2008, 09:30 PM
We were a little concerned about the privacy issue but I dont think it's going to be a problem- the area juts out off the main walkway pretty far and I'm sure Disney will make sure noone crashes! Unless, any of you Disbrides are around- then crash away I'm sure there will be plenty!

Hi,

Glad you had a great time at your planning session.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question about the privacy. Are you saying you don't want Epcot guests to see your wedding? The World Showcase doesn't open until 11 a.m. That's why all the Epcot weddings are at 9 a.m. The only people who could possibly see any part of your wedding would be those on the Segway tour, and they speed through pretty quickly.

caryndisneydiva
01-30-2008, 09:31 PM
He brought 2 different styles- One was the one included in the packages it had pages with windows that the pictures go in- he had different size/# on each page- a matted style.

The other one is called a flush mount album- the sample he brought was a 10 x 10 it is an upgrade ($575 I think) The picture is the page. There were one to several pictures on these pages. An example of a layout might be, a picture of italy set up for the wedding-spanning the 2 pages with several pictures of the ceremony on top of the scene-kinda hard to explain- it was very pretty-more custom looking. HTH

his 10x10 flushmount was only 575? i might get that from him...

lov2b@disney
01-31-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi,

Glad you had a great time at your planning session.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question about the privacy. Are you saying you don't want Epcot guests to see your wedding? The World Showcase doesn't open until 11 a.m. That's why all the Epcot weddings are at 9 a.m. The only people who could possibly see any part of your wedding would be those on the Segway tour, and they speed through pretty quickly.

Thanks! I'm not worried about the ceremony. We are having our DP at Italy West-which is the peninsula next to Isola- it is really open to the walkway, I priced out putting a screen (potted bushes I think they said they use) but it was $2500-:eek: But I think it will be fine, while we were at Epcot there were several parties going on for illuminations(no weddings though) and CM's seem to have everything under control--
his 10x10 flushmount was only 575? i might get that from him...

The 10 x 10 was what he brought us to look at-- he said it was a package upgrade- We got #3 and for flushmount the price is $575--hth

lpizzuro123
01-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks all for the info about the albums. I love the flushmounts and would probably upgrade to that.

Linda

lov2b@disney
01-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks all for the info about the albums. I love the flushmounts and would probably upgrade to that.

Linda

No problem! It is beautiful and each page unique!

lov2b@disney
02-07-2008, 07:32 AM
I got shoes! :woohoo:

I posted a pair of shoes earlier in my PJ, so with a lingering 1st dress fitting I decided to go buy them, :eek: much to my dismay they did not work- the minute I put my foot in the strap it hit right on the bone(which now has a very sexy bunion-TMI!!!) OUCH! So the one thing I though would be easy has made me crazy! So days of shoe shopping-with a 2 year old happily feasting on unending lollipops to ensure peace- has landed me with this pair:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/myshoe.gif

On to my dress fitting- of course the shoes had to be ordered- and were not in by my fitting and of course I could not find one single pair that had a 2 inch heel height :headache: so I call my FSIL- shoe addict- she finds what I believe to be the ugliest pair of 1970's shoes in a 7 1/2(I wear a 9) so I squeeze in for the fitting(love the black socks)
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/uglyshoes.jpg

Here are some of my dress: (nice cheese!)
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/dress1.jpg

the detail in the beading (mostly crystal and rhinestone)
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/dressdetail.jpg

the detail on the train
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/backofdress.jpg

here is one with the earrings I think I'm going to wear- will get a better picture next fitting
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/dresswithearring.jpg

Next fitting 3 weeks, hopefully the shoes will be in so she can do the hem :)

I have also decided to make my veil (hidden mickeys included of course) the lady at the dress shop wants me to bring it to the next fitting :scared: I hadn't planned on that yet, but I guess I drop everything else and work on it!
Will post more on that!

Disney Ron
02-07-2008, 08:10 AM
You look beautiful...I love your dress, it is perfect for you!

Mrs. Disney Ron

lpizzuro123
02-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Really nice shoes and BEAUTIFUL dress. It looks amazing on you. I also love your earings. Do you have a matching necklace to go with it?

I am planning on doing the "Hidden Mickeys" on my veil also. You'll have to let me know how you did it and how it comes out. I have not purchased my veil yet and I was thinking of getting an inexpensive one - or maybe just some of the veil material - to try it out on.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

lov2b@disney
02-07-2008, 12:24 PM
You look beautiful...I love your dress, it is perfect for you!

Mrs. Disney Ron

Thank you! It was fun trying it on again!:goodvibes

Really nice shoes and BEAUTIFUL dress. It looks amazing on you. I also love your earings. Do you have a matching necklace to go with it?

I am planning on doing the "Hidden Mickeys" on my veil also. You'll have to let me know how you did it and how it comes out. I have not purchased my veil yet and I was thinking of getting an inexpensive one - or maybe just some of the veil material - to try it out on.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Thanks Linda- The earrings I got did not have a necklace. I think because of all the bead work at the top I'm going to go with no necklace and the big dangly earrings.

I started my veil this morning-no time like the present- I think it's going to take some practice getting the beads on:rolleyes: I am sewing them on- a slow task I'm afraid- I'll post pictures when I get somewhere with it!

caryndisneydiva
02-07-2008, 12:25 PM
sandy, everything looks great! i love the earrings (and the black socks :rotfl: !)

cinderella123
02-07-2008, 12:34 PM
I got shoes! :woohoo:

I posted a pair of shoes earlier in my PJ, so with a lingering 1st dress fitting I decided to go buy them, :eek: much to my dismay they did not work- the minute I put my foot in the strap it hit right on the bone(which now has a very sexy bunion-TMI!!!) OUCH! So the one thing I though would be easy has made me crazy! So days of shoe shopping-with a 2 year old happily feasting on unending lollipops to ensure peace- has landed me with this pair:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/myshoe.gif

On to my dress fitting- of course the shoes had to be ordered- and were not in by my fitting and of course I could not find one single pair that had a 2 inch heel height :headache: so I call my FSIL- shoe addict- she finds what I believe to be the ugliest pair of 1970's shoes in a 7 1/2(I wear a 9) so I squeeze in for the fitting(love the black socks)
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/uglyshoes.jpg

Here are some of my dress: (nice cheese!)
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/dress1.jpg

the detail in the beading (mostly crystal and rhinestone)
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/dressdetail.jpg

the detail on the train
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/backofdress.jpg

here is one with the earrings I think I'm going to wear- will get a better picture next fitting
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/dresswithearring.jpg

Next fitting 3 weeks, hopefully the shoes will be in so she can do the hem :)

I have also decided to make my veil (hidden mickeys included of course) the lady at the dress shop wants me to bring it to the next fitting :scared: I hadn't planned on that yet, but I guess I drop everything else and work on it!
Will post more on that!

I love your dress. It is absolutely gorgeous!! You look so beautiful in it.

Keira1387
02-07-2008, 12:49 PM
I love the detailing on your dress! Very pretty!

BaBeeCee14
02-07-2008, 12:53 PM
I love your dress Sandy! It looks beautiful on you!

camara381
02-07-2008, 01:24 PM
One word Gorgeous!!!!

keenercam
02-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Sandy -- That dress is GORGEOUS on you! Love the detailing!

Lisella
02-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Your dress is gorgeous and looks beautiful on you! I'm also lovin the black socks :rotfl:

Good luck with the veil. I can't wait to see how it comes out.

Gillian
02-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Beautiful dress! Can't wait to see it all put together.

I love your rings - did you say where you got them?

lov2b@disney
02-07-2008, 04:37 PM
sandy, everything looks great! i love the earrings (and the black socks :rotfl: !)

Thanks Caryn! The black socks rock!:laughing:
I love your dress. It is absolutely gorgeous!! You look so beautiful in it.

Thank you-it was definately "the one" when I put it on!
I love the detailing on your dress! Very pretty!

Thank you! I had forgotten, until I put it on again what it looked like:thumbsup2
I love your dress Sandy! It looks beautiful on you!

Thank you, I love it! I feel pretty in it!:rolleyes1
One word Gorgeous!!!!

So sweet, thank you!
Sandy -- That dress is GORGEOUS on you! Love the detailing!
Thank you :cutie:

Your dress is gorgeous and looks beautiful on you! I'm also lovin the black socks :rotfl:

Good luck with the veil. I can't wait to see how it comes out.

Thank you! Everyone is gonna want a pair of cool black socks!!:eek:
I will post veil pictures when I get it going!

Beautiful dress! Can't wait to see it all put together.

I love your rings - did you say where you got them?

Me too! I will hopefully have the veil done for my next fitting and all the accessories !:goodvibes

My ring is by Kirk Kara- I got it from a store in Philly- a random find since I live in North Carolina! But I love it:love:

Gillian
02-07-2008, 07:15 PM
My ring is by Kirk Kara- I got it from a store in Philly- a random find since I live in North Carolina! But I love it:love:
Thanks! I might have to drag DH to Philly to look at anniversary bands. :)

lov2b@disney
02-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks! I might have to drag DH to Philly to look at anniversary bands. :)

If you go I got it at Harry Merrill and Sons- they were very nice and offered a 10% discount (not sure why-but cant argue that!) They were the best price I found after researching:goodvibes

M&M126
02-07-2008, 07:32 PM
What a gorgeous dress!

DisneyFairy19
02-07-2008, 08:11 PM
WOW what a GORGEOUS DRESS

lov2b@disney
02-08-2008, 08:15 AM
What a gorgeous dress!

WOW what a GORGEOUS DRESS

Thank you so much, I appreciate all the sweet comments:lovestruc

Gillian
02-08-2008, 05:30 PM
If you go I got it at Harry Merrill and Sons- they were very nice and offered a 10% discount (not sure why-but cant argue that!) They were the best price I found after researching:goodvibesThanks! I love your ring and the other designs. My ring is diamond & sapphire too, but it's too small (after 2 kids) and it's in the safe deposit box. I want to have it reset and maybe get a matching band. We were going to do that for our 10 year, but other things got in the way.

lov2b@disney
02-12-2008, 07:28 AM
OK, our planning session was 3 weeks ago today! NO BEO YET! Ugh :eek: I just want it to come-we need to face the thing!

Any ideas!? How long does it take?????:confused:

I figured if I posted this it may come today!:rolleyes:

cseca
02-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Ours came in 2 weeks on the dot (gotta love my planner :) )... the floral however is still not here... another week hopefully.
Did your planner tell you approx how long?
Ours said 2 weeks for the BEO without floral and another week for the floral.

lov2b@disney
02-12-2008, 07:56 AM
She said 2-3 weeks! I am a little anxious to get it! She didnt say anything about it not coming at the same time-maybe that is what is holding it up! I need to know how many extra days I need to work :rotfl: to pay for it!!!

lov2b@disney
02-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Still no BEO today.....:faint:

I know once it comes I'll want it to go away-but I'm anxious to see it!

PrincessBrideKatie
02-12-2008, 02:58 PM
With mine, they were waiting for a quote from landscaping so it took a month. But dont worry. You will get it, and then have your jaw drop and the price like all disney brides... jk. They wanted 10 grand for my trees!!! that made my jaw drop.

hope1826
02-12-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm sorry, today it has been a month since my phone session with Rose (floral) and she said it would be another week. My planner sent me the BEO without floral two weeks after our phone session. Maybe Disney floral is backlogged. There must be doing tons of BEOs for all of the May/June/July weddings and VR's coming up.

lov2b@disney
02-12-2008, 04:04 PM
With mine, they were waiting for a quote from landscaping so it took a month. But dont worry. You will get it, and then have your jaw drop and the price like all disney brides... jk. They wanted 10 grand for my trees!!! that made my jaw drop.

:scared1: 10 grand!!!! Hope it came with a warning-like the rides- do not open if you have a heart condition are in poor health.....

You must have good taste-will be waiting for a TR with the pics!!

I'm sorry, today it has been a month since my phone session with Rose (floral) and she said it would be another week. My planner sent me the BEO without floral two weeks after our phone session. Maybe Disney floral is backlogged. There must be doing tons of BEOs for all of the May/June/July weddings and VR's coming up.

Very true- a popular time of year! I am being very impatient:rolleyes1 ! I'm sure there are going to be changes I just want to be able to figure out what!
Oh well for now I wait.....:upsidedow

lov2b@disney
02-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Well, part of the BEO came-strange Floral before everything else!!!

:faint: :eek: That sums it up!

We aren't having a bridal party-just us and our boys, no extra bouquets, a restaurant reception- UGH! Not sure how it made it to $3000. Now we play with it! We already had wanted to upgrade the chairs at the ceremony and add small lighted things to the tables at the dessert party!(which arent included in the quote we got!)

cseca
02-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Well, part of the BEO came-strange Floral before everything else!!!

:faint: :eek: That sums it up!

We aren't having a bridal party-just us and our boys, no extra bouquets, a restaurant reception- UGH! Not sure how it made it to $3000. Now we play with it! We already had wanted to upgrade the chairs at the ceremony and add small lighted things to the tables at the dessert party!(which arent included in the quote we got!)

YIKES!!!!
I'm still waiting for my floral too... uhoh... you're making me anxious and nervous now... :eek: :scared1: :eek: :scared1:

Good luck working on the numbers...

Keira1387
02-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Now I am really :scared1: :scared1: to get mine! Are the flowers dipped in gold or something?:lmao:

lov2b@disney
02-20-2008, 11:13 AM
YIKES!!!!
I'm still waiting for my floral too... uhoh... you're making me anxious and nervous now... :eek: :scared1: :eek: :scared1:

Good luck working on the numbers...

Thank you! I have started to look at it but dont know what to cut :confused3 I want it all (and more):laughing:

Now I am really :scared1: :scared1: to get mine! Are the flowers dipped in gold or something?:lmao:

I didnt think we wanted that much, but apparently I was wrong!!:headache:

lpizzuro123
02-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Not sure if you listed it earlier but what is in your floral budget. I am having my first phone planning session on floral this Friday and I want to make sure I don't ask for too much. We will be heading down to WDW in May to do an in person meeting also.

Linda

figmentfan814
02-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Don't worry too much about the original estimates. I cut mine down by $1,200 from the original price and that includes adding another $500 in items, so really I would have cut $1,700. Disney Floral was pretty good to work with on finding ways to cut costs. :goodvibes

lov2b@disney
02-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Not sure if you listed it earlier but what is in your floral budget. I am having my first phone planning session on floral this Friday and I want to make sure I don't ask for too much. We will be heading down to WDW in May to do an in person meeting also.

Linda

Linda-

Here is my floral budget(today:laughing:) our colors will be light pinks and creams

my bouquet-$275 (roses,peonies and a few others)
crystals for bouquet $24
replacement/refreshing of bouquet for MK photo shoot $100-I think this will go!!

boutennieres
groom $18 ($15 + $3 crystal, for hidden mickey)-rose
2 best men -double stephanotis($15 ea/ $6 crystals)
1 ring bearer-single stephanotis (10.50/$3 crystal)
my dad -triple stephanotis w/ mickey's -$29

i didnt realized stephanotis would be more expensive than the rose-I didnt want roses for the boys-they dont hold up good enough!!!Laura suggested the stephanotis

The ceremony-

sand ceremony-$35 + $25 for rental of bed vases(5) our sand ceremony is more because we are doing our boys and us - 5 all together

4 urns- 2 for bottom of stairs and 2 for bottom- leading up to the ceremony spot(to be moved to reception) $200 each- total of $800
urn rental fee $60

chairs-these are not included in our budget-we were thinking about upgrading
wooden white chairs $5 each /$180 set up fee.

rose petals in chiffon bags 3.50 each - $133

I also want rose petals where we will do our vows- this was not included

Reception

Vases grouping on each table(she worked with tables of 8)

vase rental -square vases - $100

5 large arrangements-$65 each- $325(pink roses)
5 medium -$45 each- $225(pink peonie)
5 small -$25 each -$125(champagne rose)
petals down the center of each table $10 each - 5 tables $50

pink napkins $2 each- $80

cake table- colored sash $35
rose petals $10

kids table- lollipop centerpiece with craft paper on table $75

move fee $75
delivery fee $25
tax $170.85
total $2899.35

hth, I know its nice to have as much info on different things as possible so you can make better choices.

lov2b@disney
02-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Don't worry too much about the original estimates. I cut mine down by $1,200 from the original price and that includes adding another $500 in items, so really I would have cut $1,700. Disney Floral was pretty good to work with on finding ways to cut costs. :goodvibes

Thanks for the encouragement!:cutie:

I'm sure eventually I'll figure it out! I just dont know where to start!

lpizzuro123
02-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the breakdown. I am going to go over yours and see how it compairs to what we want.

Linda

B2B-2008
02-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks for posting your breakdown. Floral is something that I am quite worried about cost wise. It helps to see what they charge.

lov2b@disney
02-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the breakdown. I am going to go over yours and see how it compairs to what we want.

Linda
Linda- I would love to know what your ideas are, it was hard to figure out what I wanted because they dont really have many pictures of the area set up for weddings----

Thanks for posting your breakdown. Floral is something that I am quite worried about cost wise. It helps to see what they charge.
Your welcome-- I agree the more info the easier the choices!!;)

lpizzuro123
02-20-2008, 08:34 PM
As far as set up in Italy for the ceremony, I don't think we are going to do much. I'll know more after we speak with our floral person on Friday. I don't think we are going to do much decorating there. When we spoke with our wedding planner on Monday she said they would set a table or something up for our candle ceremony - not sure about decorating it. I know on the Wishbook there are some kind of pillars that are $25 for the pair and I am not sure if we are going to use a runner. We are also deciding between bubbles or flower petals. If I find some pictures of weddings in Italy I'll send them along.

Linda

lov2b@disney
02-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Thanks Linda- I asked about the pillars(probably would have been cheaper), Laura suggested the urns filled with flowers- sounded so pretty so yup added it in and I guess $200 each isnt awful but 4 of them may be too much- Its such a big space I was trying to pull it in and define the area better!
Good luck with your session!

lov2b@disney
02-21-2008, 04:05 PM
So today on a whim I decided to make a ringbearer pillow- I woke up thinking about it- UGH ! :eek: already wedding dreams!

So here it is- I took part of the monogram from my fan program and used it to make the pillow

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/ringbearer.jpg
close up of the monogram
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/pillowmonogram.jpg

lov2b@disney
02-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Some other random projects I have been working on-

gift bags for our welcome dinner- I am putting hershey kisses/chocolate and strawberry cream

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/ohanabag.jpg

borrowed the saying from a fellow disbride :goodvibes:

Thank you :flower3:

And, treat bags for the kids at the reception,

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/kidsbags.jpg

some of the stuff that is in them- I made each different depending on the age/sex of the child-but here is a basic idea

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/kidsstuff.jpg

Well that is it for now- up next veil with hidden mickey's of course- my alteration person wanted me to have it done by my next fitting, which is next week so I'm hard at work getting it done!

padisneyfour
02-21-2008, 04:53 PM
I LOVE the pillow monogram- it looks great! I like the name tags on the bags too! You will have to post a pic of the hidden mickey veil- good luck!

OceanGdss
02-21-2008, 05:54 PM
And, treat bags for the kids at the reception,

Please Please Please let me steal this idea!! I love it! Where did you get the name tags? ( I love the mickey on them!) :goodvibes

lov2b@disney
02-21-2008, 06:11 PM
I LOVE the pillow monogram- it looks great! I like the name tags on the bags too! You will have to post a pic of the hidden mickey veil- good luck!

Thank you! I will have it done by next week and post a picture then!

Please Please Please let me steal this idea!! I love it! Where did you get the name tags? ( I love the mickey on them!) :goodvibes

Please, steal away!:woohoo: I dont know what I wouldve done without everyones ideas on here!

The nametags are a mickey punch on the top and I glued a matching piece of metallic (of course) paper the same width as the mickey. the lettering is a font called "Mickey":rolleyes1 Very easy and the whole thing was soooo cheap----

OceanGdss
02-21-2008, 06:18 PM
I love it! Thank you!!! :goodvibes

pink_tink8i8
02-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Your projects look soooo fantastic! I wish I was crafty enough with a sewing machine to make a ringbearer pillow. That's so cool. I absolutely love the mikcey name tags on the kid's bags. I may just need to copy that idea.

Keira1387
02-21-2008, 07:37 PM
LOVE the welcome bags for the dinner at Ohana's! I might steal this idea!!!

lov2b@disney
02-22-2008, 07:45 AM
I love it! Thank you!!! :goodvibes

:goodvibes

Your projects look soooo fantastic! I wish I was crafty enough with a sewing machine to make a ringbearer pillow. That's so cool. I absolutely love the mikcey name tags on the kid's bags. I may just need to copy that idea.

Thank you:thumbsup2 copy away!

LOVE the welcome bags for the dinner at Ohana's! I might steal this idea!!!

Thank you! Got the bag idea from Martha Stewart!;)

I have about 60 extra bags if you want them-I bought 100-that's how they came- I have nothing to do with them!

lov2b@disney
02-22-2008, 01:31 PM
So I still wait for my BEO---:headache::mad: Not that I really WANT it , but I do want it! It has been over 4 weeks! I asked Marions assistant Linda about it last week- she said by the end of this week- well here it is and still NOTHING! :eek: I was told 2-3 weeks! i dont want to decide on floral stuff until I have everything else! :headache:

OK, I feel better now!

BayouPrincess
02-22-2008, 02:27 PM

Sandy,
You have a Ryne in the family? My DS17 name is Ryne and everyone inevitably calls him Ryan! It used to make him mad, but now he just corrects them,and they in turn "correct" him back to Ryan...he just rolls his eyes:rolleyes1 and lets it go.

We call him Ryno!

BTW...I'm loving all your creative stuff. You've been busy! Looks great...popcorn::

lov2b@disney
02-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Sandy,
You have a Ryne in the family? My DS17 name is Ryne and everyone inevitably calls him Ryan! It used to make him mad, but now he just corrects them,and they in turn "correct" him back to Ryan...he just rolls his eyes:rolleyes1 and lets it go.

We call him Ryno!

BTW...I'm loving all your creative stuff. You've been busy! Looks great...popcorn::

My DS(11) is Ryne!! :cool1: He gets the same and strangly enough I call him Ryno!!!! Weird huh!

BayouPrincess
02-22-2008, 04:07 PM
My DS(11) is Ryne!! :cool1: He gets the same and strangly enough I call him Ryno!!!! Weird huh!

Any chance you guys are Cubbies fans? :rotfl:

lov2b@disney
02-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Any chance you guys are Cubbies fans? :rotfl:

Ryne Sandburg??? Mets actually, but the inspiration came from the cubs- the week he was born his dad went out and got an autographed picture to hand in his room:rolleyes1

BayouPrincess
02-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Ryne Sandburg??? Mets actually, but the inspiration came from the cubs- the week he was born his dad went out and got an autographed picture to hand in his room:rolleyes1

Well I won't hold the Mets thing against you, :rotfl: especially since you have a Ryno too...

Your planning is coming along so well. You've just really gotten a lot done. I wish I could accomplish as much as you have. I've been collecting, but not creating too much yet.

Keep up the good work!

lov2b@disney
02-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Well I won't hold the Mets thing against you, :rotfl: especially since you have a Ryno too...

Your planning is coming along so well. You've just really gotten a lot done. I wish I could accomplish as much as you have. I've been collecting, but not creating too much yet.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you for that! I collected for a while then- inspiration struck and things are starting to move along! Still plenty to do- but I want to get it done so I can just sit and stress closer!!!:rolleyes: :scared: Probably not- then I'll stress over packing for all of us and a wedding too!

lov2b@disney
02-26-2008, 07:27 AM
okay-- so I've have been stressing about recieving my beo- well now i'm :faint:. It finally came- I expected we would be able to stay close to the required amount for a wishes wedding- we are not close enough for me! Ugh! I dont know where to start trying to scale down- especially when I didnt think we went to overboard! i just stare at it and think-nope cant cut that out!

B2B-2008
02-26-2008, 07:37 AM
I haven't had mine yet, my planning secession is today :confused3. We have back up plans in place as what we will cut down if need be and I'm sure these will have to be used. For us I think the chair covers will be one of the first things to go. I know form my rough workings out we will be over and I really don't want to be very far over as we are running out of saving up time!

cseca
02-26-2008, 07:58 AM
I keep forgetting to post... I LOVE your pillow... :)
Wish I am that talented...
Can't believe how much $ people are charging for a pillow... $15~$30 for something we'll use once...

Mermaid_Ariel
02-26-2008, 10:14 AM
OMG! I love those 'Ohana bags!!! Where did you buy the bags from?? I gotta steal that! :rotfl: And the ribbon?

I love the Mickey tags, also! I think I might just steal your whole idea. :lmao:

lov2b@disney
02-26-2008, 01:10 PM
I haven't had mine yet, my planning secession is today :confused3. We have back up plans in place as what we will cut down if need be and I'm sure these will have to be used. For us I think the chair covers will be one of the first things to go. I know form my rough workings out we will be over and I really don't want to be very far over as we are running out of saving up time!

I hear you on the running out of time to save! i have been pawning over it all day today!:confused3 I'm sure it'll eventually come together!

I keep forgetting to post... I LOVE your pillow... :)
Wish I am that talented...
Can't believe how much $ people are charging for a pillow... $15~$30 for something we'll use once...
Thank you! It probably cost less than $5 and a couple hours(if that) work!
Gotta save somewhere!
OMG! I love those 'Ohana bags!!! Where did you buy the bags from?? I gotta steal that! :rotfl: And the ribbon?

I love the Mickey tags, also! I think I might just steal your whole idea. :lmao:
Thank you-I got the bags at www.papermart.com, party supply stores have some too! (I have about 65 extra if you want them let me know)
Ribbon from Michaels.

lov2b@disney
02-27-2008, 03:54 PM
So today has been a little stressful :headache: DF and I had off today, so we dive into the beo- what to cut/what to keep. I'm practically in tears, cause I want it all--:eek: We managed to decide on a few things, are going to send the changes in and see what we come up with. :sad2:
Definatley is the "should have just gone off with the boys and got married ",kind of day!

Oh well- I am off to my next dress fitting, feeling kind of blue, but hopefully things will look up! Got my shoes and my veil with crystals and hidden mickeys is done- will post pictures tomorrow!

lov2b@disney
02-28-2008, 09:25 AM
So I had another dress fitting! After this I go to try it on to make sure all fits well and DONE!

Here is a full length of the dress-\
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/dressfulllength.jpg

The seamstress wanted my veil to be done, so I did it!:)

Veil is complete i added crystals and of course some hidden mickeys-

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/veil1.jpg

the veil on-
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/dresswithveil.jpg

the length-

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/veillength.jpg

and finally- the hidden mickey

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/hiddenmickeyveil.jpg

BaBeeCee14
02-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Sandy-
The veil looks great! The mickeys are so cute! Did you just glue them right onto the veil? Where did you get your crystals from?

Kristen14
02-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Sandy your veil turned out great!! It makes me wish I was able to finish mine!

lpizzuro123
02-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Love the Mickey's - yes, where did you get them and how did you do it?

Linda

Mermaid_Ariel
02-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Lovely! Please share how you did the Mickeys! :goodvibes

keenercam
02-28-2008, 09:50 AM
I am curious too! It looks wonderful!! :sunny: And your gown is just gorgeous on you! :bride:

Keira1387
02-28-2008, 09:52 AM
I love the veil! I wish I was crafty!

Lizby
02-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Your veil is so pretty! :bride: I am thinking about doing something like this to add extra sparkle to my veil and would also love to know how you did it. What size crystals did you buy?

stitchlet
02-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Oh your veil looks so great!!!

Please share how you put the hidden Mickeys on your veil ...

I'd love to do something like that, but I'm not very crafty & a little bit scared of ruining my veil :scared:

And if you don't mind, could I ask where did you get your veil, and how long is it? I'm struggling with the whole "elbow or fingertip" issue :confused3

Thanks!

lov2b@disney
02-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Sandy-
The veil looks great! The mickeys are so cute! Did you just glue them right onto the veil? Where did you get your crystals from?

Sandy your veil turned out great!! It makes me wish I was able to finish mine!

Kristen- you were my original inspiration, I'm sorry you never got it done:mad: i got most of my info to make it from your PJ!
Love the Mickey's - yes, where did you get them and how did you do it?

Linda

Lovely! Please share how you did the Mickeys! :goodvibes

I am curious too! It looks wonderful!! :sunny: And your gown is just gorgeous on you! :bride:

I love the veil! I wish I was crafty!

Oh your veil looks so great!!!

Please share how you put the hidden Mickeys on your veil ...

I'd love to do something like that, but I'm not very crafty & a little bit scared of ruining my veil :scared:

And if you don't mind, could I ask where did you get your veil, and how long is it? I'm struggling with the whole "elbow or fingertip" issue :confused3

Thanks!

Thank you everyone! It really was a pretty easy(tedeaous) and inexpensive project- you really dont need to be too crafty;

I got bridal illusion tulle(104" wide), I cut it to length- I decided randomly by playing with it- I knew it would be waist(ish) length. And I just curved the ends a little, I didnt want it to rouned. i also did it one layer.

sewed on the crystals next- got swarovski crystals at www.artbeads.com
5mm faceted round crystal for mickey head and 3mm round for ears. use 3mm round or bicone for scattered single crysals.

definately sew them on before gathering---yes, I did sew mine on. I used transparent nylon thread and a beading needle- this is the trying part! Do it on a dark background so its easier to see and plan on doing it for a short time-it made my eyes crazy staring at the tulle!

I did it randomly until I was satisfied- personal taste-

next run a thread at the top of the tulle- I used regular white heavy thread(much easier to work with). once you get done you just scrunch it to gather and apply to a comb.

this website helped with pictures/instructions www.wegotgame.net/jen/veils.html

hth-- it really wasnt bad to make and it came out great and probably cost maybe $10-$20.

Would be happy to clarify anything---

roozlilone
02-28-2008, 02:08 PM
I love the "hidden" mickey veil! That's awesome! :goodvibes

lov2b@disney
02-28-2008, 03:09 PM
I love the "hidden" mickey veil! That's awesome! :goodvibes

Thank you:thumbsup2

hope1826
02-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Your dress looks great! I love all of the sparkles!!

And your veil is beautiful and so much fun. WOW! I'm crafty, but not that crafty!! I took one look at my veil and put it bag in it's bag, I had trouble just trying to get it back in the bag!

lov2b@disney
02-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Your dress looks great! I love all of the sparkles!!

And your veil is beautiful and so much fun. WOW! I'm crafty, but not that crafty!! I took one look at my veil and put it bag in it's bag, I had trouble just trying to get it back in the bag!

Thanks Nikki!:goodvibes Had to get the "hidden mickey" thing in there somewhere!:flower3:

pink_tink8i8
02-28-2008, 06:34 PM
OMG!!! love love love the veil :lovestruc somebody else said that they had one but I couldn't see the mickeys in their pics. thanks so much for posting. I think is an option I'm going to look into :goodvibes

lov2b@disney
02-28-2008, 07:42 PM
OMG!!! love love love the veil :lovestruc somebody else said that they had one but I couldn't see the mickeys in their pics. thanks so much for posting. I think is an option I'm going to look into :goodvibes

:cutie: thank you! You should do it, it really wasnt as bad as I thought-in fact other than eye strain it was easy:laughing:

Lynn5700
02-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Sandy I love your dress!! You look great. I am a fan of hidden mickey's so I love the veil,it look's great!!!!!

lpizzuro123
02-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks for posting the website - I have a question about what beads you used. I know you said you sewed them on but did you use the Sew on beads (I know that sounds like a stupid question) or did you use the flatback ones. I was thinking of using the flatback ones and glueing them on or trying the hot ones - although the heat might melt the veil. I will definately start now (I have 8 months to go) so hopefully I will have it finished by the time I go for my fitting for the dress.

Linda

lov2b@disney
02-29-2008, 06:52 AM
Sandy I love your dress!! You look great. I am a fan of hidden mickey's so I love the veil,it look's great!!!!!
:goodvibes Thank you! If I gain even a pound I wont be able to breath!! :laughing: I know I love hidden mickey's too!

Thanks for posting the website - I have a question about what beads you used. I know you said you sewed them on but did you use the Sew on beads (I know that sounds like a stupid question) or did you use the flatback ones. I was thinking of using the flatback ones and glueing them on or trying the hot ones - although the heat might melt the veil. I will definately start now (I have 8 months to go) so hopefully I will have it finished by the time I go for my fitting for the dress.

Linda

I used the sew on ones-they have a hole in the middle to put the thread through! I sewed them on because I was afraid to use glue(mess, melt). I did not overdue the crystal, lightly scattered them. It took a couple of days of working on it on and off(with the help of a 2 year old:scared1: )the whole project took only a few days! i say go for it!

cryssi
02-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Yay! The veil turned out GREAT! Aren't sewing the crystals a huge pain in the BUTT! LOL Hidden Mickey's rock! :banana:

lov2b@disney
03-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Yay! The veil turned out GREAT! Aren't sewing the crystals a huge pain in the BUTT! LOL Hidden Mickey's rock! :banana:

Thet sure were!:rotfl: Yes, gotta love the hidden mickey's!!!

Lisella
03-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Your veil looks amazing. Also a hidden Michek fan here :earsboy:

Thank you for posting how you did it. So, sew on crystals, huh? Did you use special thread?

And your dress is gorgeous and looks awesome on you. Good luck with that BEO, I'm sure it will all work out somehow...

lov2b@disney
03-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Your veil looks amazing. Also a hidden Michek fan here :earsboy:

Thank you for posting how you did it. So, sew on crystals, huh? Did you use special thread?

And your dress is gorgeous and looks awesome on you. Good luck with that BEO, I'm sure it will all work out somehow...

thank you:goodvibes i did sew them on, I used transparent nylon thread-thats what made it so challenging! It is stiff, hard to see and really fun to get through the tiny eye on the beading needle! Oh well, it was worth it:cutie:

thanks for the dress comment-- The BEO is coming along!:rolleyes1

FIREFLY01
03-02-2008, 04:32 PM
THE DRESS AND VEIL:bride: ARE GORGEOUS!, THE VEIL CAME OUT SOOOOO GOOD!! I GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR HAND SEWING THOSE CRYSTALS , I GLUED MINE AND I THOUGHT THAT WAS A PAIN!
HOWS THE beo COMING?? ONE THING I DID TO SAVE MONEY WAS CUT OUT CHAMPAGNE TOAST, INSTEAD WE HAD EVERYONE TOAST WI TH WHATVER THEY WERE DRINKING. IT SAVED SOME MONEY AND NO ONE CARED OTHERWISE

lov2b@disney
03-02-2008, 08:36 PM
THE DRESS AND VEIL:bride: ARE GORGEOUS!, THE VEIL CAME OUT SOOOOO GOOD!! I GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR HAND SEWING THOSE CRYSTALS , I GLUED MINE AND I THOUGHT THAT WAS A PAIN!
HOWS THE beo COMING?? ONE THING I DID TO SAVE MONEY WAS CUT OUT CHAMPAGNE TOAST, INSTEAD WE HAD EVERYONE TOAST WI TH WHATVER THEY WERE DRINKING. IT SAVED SOME MONEY AND NO ONE CARED OTHERWISE

Thank you! the veil was a little bit of a pain:rotfl: but worth it! The BEO is coming along, thank you for asking!
Glad to hear you are feeling better!!:yay:

lov2b@disney
03-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Down to about 3 months....got a lot a projects going.

I have been working on welcome bags...:)

i got canvas bags from oriental trading- when I got them I was a little disappointed because they were a lot smaller than I imagined :headache:
After living with them for a while and DF convincing me they were better(would take less to fill and seem like there is alot in them!) They have grown on me!

i decided to do an iron on transfer on each-the inspiration came from a design I saw on Patsdesigns.com of the characters around a fire roasting marshmellows with the Ft. Wilderness logo on it- My dad stays there in his Rv about every trip we take. So each is different depending on who's it is---

Here is the bag with the inspiration design--

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/Picture103.jpg

these are the little "Welcome" tags i put on each-
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/welcomebagtag.jpg

Each will have the usual park maps, i included "The guide to everything Disney" i found at the Disney store-

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/wb1.jpg

Information about events, transportation, fun facts, things we love at Disney, Hidden Mickey hunt..etc...
i made a little pocket folder to put them in, since they had to be smaller d/t the bag size

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/wb5.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/wb6.jpg

In each bag is a wallet necklace- geeky I know- but I bought one years ago from LLBean that I love, with kids we always have a bag with us but I hate digging for $/tickets so it is great, everything is right there.

These were cheap so if they dont get used it wont hurt my feelings.
On each we pinned a 2008 pin

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/wb2.jpg

Will post more as soon as my computer decides to let me post pictures--been having internet problems! :mad: Do they not know they are interrupting my dis time!!!

BaBeeCee14
03-05-2008, 10:48 AM
I love the little tags Sandy! Very cute!

roozlilone
03-05-2008, 11:16 AM
I Love the Bags! :lovestruc I'm doing something very similar. Where did you get the mickey welcome tags????

lov2b@disney
03-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Okay! Back in business :cool1:

We are including a tin filled with Mickey and friends sweet tarts

the tin
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/tin.jpg
the candy
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/mickeycandy.gif

The Bare necessities: (borrowed from another disbride-Wendy I think)

in it are wet ones/sunscreen/disney bandaids/tylenol trial packs/tissues

Once complete i will close with the sticker
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/wb4.jpg

Keychains/magnets/lollipops
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/wp3.jpg

the rest is stuff for the kids, each bag is different depending on the age of the child- autograph books for the little ones, pin lanyards for the older ones

I think that is it! Enough I hope, but everytime I see someones ideas I add to them!

lov2b@disney
03-05-2008, 11:58 AM
I love the little tags Sandy! Very cute!

thank you!
I Love the Bags! :lovestruc I'm doing something very similar. Where did you get the mickey welcome tags????

Thank you! I'm pleased with how they turned out and it was fun to find a design for each!

I made the tags, black cardstock and the image is from www.mouseforless.com it is supposed to be for a downloadable luggage tag
I printed it and cut out the image!;)

roozlilone
03-05-2008, 01:57 PM
thank you!

Thank you! I'm pleased with how they turned out and it was fun to find a design for each!

I made the tags, black cardstock and the image is from www.mouseforless.com it is supposed to be for a downloadable luggage tag
I printed it and cut out the image!;)

Thanks! :goodvibes I might be stealing some of your WONDERFUL ideas! ;)

lov2b@disney
03-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks! :goodvibes I might be stealing some of your WONDERFUL ideas! ;)

glad to help:goodvibes

Keira1387
03-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I love your bags!! So cute!

BayouPrincess
03-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Sandy,
Your welcome bags are fantastic! I love them. Lots of great goodies inside too!:love:

lov2b@disney
03-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I love your bags!! So cute!
Thank you Kendra!:goodvibes
Sandy,
Your welcome bags are fantastic! I love them. Lots of great goodies inside too!:love:

Thanks Lisa! I'm pleased with them!:cool1:

padisneyfour
03-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Hey those look great! I reallly like the little tags and the sweet tart(?) mickeys-where did you find those.... May have to borrow that idea. Everything is coming together for you! YEAH!:thumbsup2

jnale
03-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Your welcome bags are going to be great! Very crafty!! I love the tags!

lov2b@disney
03-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Hey those look great! I reallly like the little tags and the sweet tart(?) mickeys-where did you find those.... May have to borrow that idea. Everything is coming together for you! YEAH!:thumbsup2

:goodvibes: thanks! I ordered the mickey sweettarts from www.candywarehouse.com It sure if creeping up fast!!!!
Your welcome bags are going to be great! Very crafty!! I love the tags!

Thank you Jennifer!:cool1:

M&M126
03-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Your welcome bags are awesome! I want one! ;)

lov2b@disney
03-07-2008, 07:26 AM
Your welcome bags are awesome! I want one! ;)

Thank you :goodvibes No problem, just let me know where you will be staying:rotfl: you could head back to Disney for your 2month anniversary!

lov2b@disney
03-07-2008, 11:01 AM
So in cutting our budget back i decided our boys did not need boutonniere's. Every little bit helps.
All of them like to collect pins for their lanyards so i decided to get them each a pin to wear. I havent decided yet but I may put a ribbon under it to dress it up a little? INPUT TO THIS????

Any way i found a formal Mickey with a ring- for DS(2) our ringbearer-
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/dpmickeygroomaa.jpg

our oldest chose formal goofy(also a hidden mickey pin)
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/goofytux.jpg

And Kyle our middle chose Formal Donald(also has a hidden mickey-I dont think this picture has one, but his does)
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/LanyardDonaldtuxedo.jpg

i got them all on ebay for less than $20.

Then they all get a wedding keepsake!

keenercam
03-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Sandy -- The pins are an awesome idea! How clever! And what a wonderful keepsake for the boys! Gotta LOVE the characters in their formal wear. :love:

lov2b@disney
03-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Sandy -- The pins are an awesome idea! How clever! And what a wonderful keepsake for the boys! Gotta LOVE the characters in their formal wear. :love:

Thanks Cam! I think they like the idea better! They gave me the look when I asked what they would rather have....might I even ask:rotfl:

Boys ruin flowers so quickly anyway!:flower3:

BaBeeCee14
03-07-2008, 12:34 PM
I love the pin idea for your boys Sandy! Its so cute! Spending $15+ for boutonnieres does add up and at least after the wedding they can look at it and say "I wore this on Mommy's wedding day" :goodvibes

IndyBride
03-07-2008, 01:00 PM
I just found your pj and I LOVE everything!! :) I especially like the idea of using pins! I'm not a huge collector of pins but the rest of my family is. Now I'm going to try to find a way to incorporate it.

I also love your invitations. I'm probably going to make my own and hope they look 1/2 as good as yours do!!

lov2b@disney
03-07-2008, 01:57 PM
I love the pin idea for your boys Sandy! Its so cute! Spending $15+ for boutonnieres does add up and at least after the wedding they can look at it and say "I wore this on Mommy's wedding day" :goodvibes

Thanx!:thumbsup2 i think they like the idea- weddings and young boys, it takes alot to get them excited:rolleyes1
I just found your pj and I LOVE everything!! :) I especially like the idea of using pins! I'm not a huge collector of pins but the rest of my family is. Now I'm going to try to find a way to incorporate it.

I also love your invitations. I'm probably going to make my own and hope they look 1/2 as good as yours do!!

Thank you! My boys like to collect pins- there favorite rides are their favorite!

Thanks for the invitation comment, happy to help if you need some!:woohoo:

DaPookie
03-07-2008, 05:41 PM
The pins and welcome bags are too cute! Where did you get the "welcome mat" image for the note in your bags??

lov2b@disney
03-07-2008, 06:13 PM
The pins and welcome bags are too cute! Where did you get the "welcome mat" image for the note in your bags??

Hi! Thank you! I'm sure I found it on a clipart/google search, but I cant swear where! I can post it here if you like-just let me know:flower3:

M&M126
03-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Thank you :goodvibes No problem, just let me know where you will be staying:rotfl: you could head back to Disney for your 2month anniversary!

Well I work at Disney so I'm there all the time! You can drop my bag off at Team Disney...right across the street from the West Side of Downtown Disney :rotfl:

Lynn5700
03-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Great bags.You did an amazing job!! I love everything you are putting in there.

lov2b@disney
03-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Well I work at Disney so I'm there all the time! You can drop my bag off at Team Disney...right across the street from the West Side of Downtown Disney :rotfl:

:cool1: That is my oldest DS favorite store at DTD!! Cant get better than Disney and Sports!!!:thumbsup2 He'd be happy to visit!

Great bags.You did an amazing job!! I love everything you are putting in there.

Thanks Lynn, i've been having fun with those silly bags!:goodvibes

DaPookie
03-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi! Thank you! I'm sure I found it on a clipart/google search, but I cant swear where! I can post it here if you like-just let me know:flower3:

If you could, that'd be awesome!! :banana:

lov2b@disney
03-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Here you go!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/mickandfriends.gif

:)

DaPookie
03-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks so much! :goodvibes

lov2b@disney
03-09-2008, 08:23 PM
No problem! :goodvibes:

lov2b@disney
03-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Today we hit DOUBLE DIGITS!!! :cool1: 99days! DF's grandma has been in the hospital almost 2 weeks, she is 91(a very spry 91)but every step forward she takes it seems like we take 2 back! It has been a difficult, he spends every evening with her , until she falls asleep. So we decided since I have had the invites done,would send them today ! :) I little lift in spirits! It gave me butterflies! I cant believe its coming sooooo fast! Now we need to get Grandma well so she can get there with us!

We got some stamps from zazzle here they are:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/zazzlestamp.jpg

Finished product:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/inviteready.jpg

newyearsbride
03-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Ooooo.... I love them! Where did you get your invites, they're great!

lov2b@disney
03-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Ooooo.... I love them! Where did you get your invites, they're great!

Thank you very much!!:thumbsup2 I made them!

BaBeeCee14
03-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Love the invites Sandy! You did a great job! :thumbsup2

lov2b@disney
03-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Love the invites Sandy! You did a great job! :thumbsup2

Thank you very much:goodvibes

jnale
03-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Very impressive invites!

keenercam
03-11-2008, 12:06 PM
You did an amazing job on the invites! THey are absolutely gorgeous and so professional looking! Congratulations on getting them done! :banana:

padisneyfour
03-11-2008, 12:09 PM
They look great and it must be an exciting feeling to get them sent! Congrats and it is getting close.

lov2b@disney
03-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Very impressive invites!
Thank you :goodvibes
You did an amazing job on the invites! THey are absolutely gorgeous and so professional looking! Congratulations on getting them done! :banana:
Thanks Cam! I'm glad they are done, thousand more things to go:rotfl:
They look great and it must be an exciting feeling to get them sent! Congrats and it is getting close.

thank you! It was very exciting! I cant believe the time is ticking by!!! VERY FAST!:cool1:

lov2b@disney
03-11-2008, 08:55 PM
I got the first call today to say they got our invitation!! :yay::yay:

So exciting! :banana:

Gillian
03-12-2008, 08:09 AM
That's great! They're really lovely. :)

Does the one in the photo not have a zip code?

lov2b@disney
03-12-2008, 08:26 AM
That's great! They're really lovely. :)

Does the one in the photo not have a zip code?

Thank you very much! and yes thank god I took a picture or I never would have noticed!!!:eek: Luckily I had bought big labels that are the same color as the box so I could punch mickey heads out of them to seal the box--I had extras and fixed the zip code problem!! That could have been bad!:sad2:

figmentfan814
03-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Just trying to catch up on everything since I got back. I love how your veil turned out. We glued on crystals to my veil and it took us hours, so I know how you feel :goodvibes

The bags look really cute, we tried to personalize a lot of ours too. It got a little crazy for us at 2 a.m. trying to remember which bags got which items even with a list! :rotfl:

BelleBride2011
03-12-2008, 07:16 PM
just read ur entire PJ in one sitting and I love it!:lovestruc

ive gotten so many wonderful ideas... just too bad i have sooo long to wait b4 I can actually use them :rotfl:

congratulations and i cnt wait to read more!

lov2b@disney
03-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Just trying to catch up on everything since I got back. I love how your veil turned out. We glued on crystals to my veil and it took us hours, so I know how you feel :goodvibes

The bags look really cute, we tried to personalize a lot of ours too. It got a little crazy for us at 2 a.m. trying to remember which bags got which items even with a list! :rotfl:

Hey Vanessa! Thank you, I cant wait to see more of your wedding!:)
The bags are fun, but WOW can it get a little crazy, everyday I see something else to put in them! Hopefully everyone will enjoy them!

just read ur entire PJ in one sitting and I love it!:lovestruc

ive gotten so many wonderful ideas... just too bad i have sooo long to wait b4 I can actually use them :rotfl:

congratulations and i cnt wait to read more!

I'm glad you are enjoying it, I'm enjoying sharing all my ideas! Time flys:lovestruc I cant believe we got engaged more 14 months ago and the wedding is in just over 3 months:eek: It really will be hear faster than you imagine- Enjoy all the planning!

lov2b@disney
03-13-2008, 07:30 AM
So today I have a phone appointment for followup with Marion! Time to shave away at the BEO!

Most of our shaving is our over indulgence in floral- so I have been working on alternate stuff--

For our ceremony at italy courtyard instead of $800 worth of big floral filled urns, we are going simple with petals down the aisle.

we are upgrading to white wooden chairs, so I was thinking of making paper, floral cones to hang on the chairs going down the aisle.

The first 2 will be in memory of our mothers, both who have passed-inside they will read..in loving memory, those we love are never far, they are always with us in our hearts, we are going to put a b/w picture on the front and fill with rose petals.
The rest will look like this(keep in mind this is a rough mock-up) made of shimmery white cardstock/ribbon and our monogram'
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/cone1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/cone2.jpg

Any thoughts, I dont want it to look cheesy- just trying to dress it up a bit!
Suggestions??

orangetiggs
03-13-2008, 07:40 AM
they look great, one thing thugh make sure the monogram is stuck down better but i think they look very nice and elegant, love the blue

jnale
03-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Very unique! I've seen something similar on theknot.com except they didn't have the monogram - I think the monogram adds a nice touch! I like it!

Mermaid_Ariel
03-13-2008, 09:03 AM
I think those are beautiful! :lovestruc