PDA

View Full Version : Questions re: South I-drive/Floridays area

heidia
01-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Hi all!

My family and I are headed to the world in April and have made the decision to stay offsite at Floridays. I've read dozens of awesome reviews of the resort on Trip Advisor but I have lots of questions about the area.

Is it a "good/safe" neighbourhood?

Any good restaurants close by? Shopping?

How's the traffic? Any shortcuts or preferred routes to Disney?

Thanks! =)

sympatico
01-02-2008, 12:21 PM
I haven't stayed in that area but have driven by and yes it's a safe area but take normal precautions as you would anywhere. It's on International Dr. South. There's a huge outlet mall, Premium Outlets, within a couple of minutes and lots of eating areas a little north and south of you. SeaWorld is only a few minutes north. There's another outlet mall, Lake Buena Vista Outlets, just to the south on 535.
Probably the easiest way to Disney is to head south on International Dr and turn right onto 536 and it will take you right into the Disney area.
Go to http://maps.google.com/ and put in International Drive South Orlando Florida or the address for Floridays for a map of the area.
There's lots of restaurants on International Dr and in the Lake Buena Vista area.

major
01-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi,
I,m really sorry to butt into this post but,does anyone know if it is possible to stay here without a car...Do they have shuttles to the parks ?

heidia
01-03-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm pretty sure they have shuttles, but they only run a couple of times a day.

Miss Stitch
01-03-2008, 08:51 PM
I havent stayed at the Floridays but have recently stayed in this area. The I-Ride Trolley runs through, the lynx bus service is great and can get you just about anywhere. If you dont want to use the hotel shuttle, you can get the I-ride to Seaworld, only about a five min ride away, and then a bus to Disney. The same in the other direction to Universal, I-ride to Wet n Wild, then lynx bus. The lynx also goes to the Florida Mall. We dont drive but got about Orlando easily.

The area is very quiet on an evening which is nice, but you must take normal holiday precautions. There are a few resturants within walking distance, but just hop on the I-Drive and you have a choice of everything there.

heidia
01-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the info! We'll have a car but its nice to know there are other options in case we want to split up!