PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever stayed at the Motel 6 (Kissimmee) Main Gate West before?

mboroky
01-02-2008, 12:48 AM
We are planning on staying at the Motel 6 (Kissimmee) Main Gate West this weekend 01/03/08 - 01/07/08. Has anyone stayed here before? Is it a good motel? I'm worried that the rooms are going to be super small after reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor.com.

Can anyone recommend another good budget motel?

Thanks. :goodvibes

dougsmom98
01-02-2008, 07:25 AM
I have not stayed at the Motel 6 before, but if you are looking for a decent budget hotel, the Ramada Inn Main Gate West might work. Here is a thread about it from the reviews board.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556255

spiceycat
01-02-2008, 07:26 AM
I haven't stayed there in years - before I brought DVC. I think the rooms were about the same size as a value at WDW. not quite as wide but I think as long. the TV is closer to the beds.

my problem was the management. Make sure you bring with you documentation of what they told you, you would be paying. Plus be prepared to call the main office.

the management told me my price was not good and I would have to pay more. this is not the only thing I had a problem with - make sure and mean make sure you lock your door in the evening. whenever you are in the room lock that door.

this manager also liked to come into rooms when people were sleeping in the evening or day (napping).

spicey make be aware everytime he tried it. I NEVER left Spicey in that room alone.

the manager was a jerk to put it plainly. If he was nicer or just obeyed the law - might never have brought DVC.

kydisneyfans
01-02-2008, 03:18 PM
There are many other options to get a nicer hotel for a similar price. Priceline would be the first stop, orbitz and travelocity both are giving multiple night discounts.