PDA

View Full Version : Marriott Cypress Harbor

hegsag
12-31-2007, 12:59 PM
I will be staying at the Marriott Cypress Harbor when I travel for my Disney vacation. Is this a nice hotel? Clean? Spacious? What are the pools like? My 5 year old can swim with swim bubbles - do they have those available for kids or do I bring my own?

Where should I do my grocery shopping? Is there a BJ's nearby? I thought I saw one online but cannot remember. Is there a local Walmart nearby?

TIA

Detailor
12-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Cyrpress Harbour is a beautiful timeshare resort. The two bedroom units are spacious and comfortable. There are several pools on this property with a main pool area near the check-in area. There's a large general pool and a small childrens' pool area that's adjacent to it. The resort store, pizza/ice cream place and a bar are also located in that area. Across the lake there's another pool area that has a sauna, one or two hot tubs, a lap pool and a large general pool. I think that there's a little sandy beach area on the lake there too. These two pool areas are connected by a footbridge that goes across the lake. There's also a small pool that serves a few buildings at the end of the lake that's near the activities center (peddle watercraft rentals, bike rentals, surrey rentals, minigolf, a few video arcade games, ping pong, basketball, shuffleboard and probably some other things that I can't remember). I'm not sure if there are pools located near some of the more remote buildings. There is no on-site restaurant, but there are many dining choices in the area if you decide not to eat in your villa every day.
While they may have swim aids available for sale in the store, you may want to bring your own. There are two WalMart stores that are fairly close - a new one on Turkey Lake Road and a slightly older one on SR 535 (ask at the reservations desk or the concierge for directions, the Turkey Lake store is pretty convenient to this resort). There's also a Target a little further away in Kissimmee along SR 192. The closest BJ's is probably the one in Kissimmee off the Osceola Parkway (east on SR 417/Central Florida Greeneway to exit 10 - South John Young Parkway, turn right to go south on JYP, store is at the JYP intersection with Osceola Pkwy).
There is a Publix grocery store down International Drive about a mile or so from Westwood Blvd, and another smaller, older Publix on Central Florida Parkway.

Dick Taylor

hegsag
12-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Great info. Thanks so much, Dick. Do you live nearby or have you stayed at the CH? Another silly qestion I have is do you know if they have crockpots in the villas or if they are not allowed? I'm just thinking this would be heaven for me to come back to a cooked meal :) at the end of the day.

Detailor
12-31-2007, 02:43 PM
You're welcome.

No we don't live in Florida (we're in Vermont, the anti-Florida), but have visited Orlando and Disney many, many times over the past 11 years and have stayed at Cypress Harbour in the past. In fact, we'll be back there again in February.
We almost always stay at off-site timeshare resorts but have stayed at a Disney timeshare, too, and we always rent a car so we've seen quite a bit of the area and many of the things that it has to offer.
I don't recall crockpots at either Cypress Harbour or its sister resort, Grande Vista. But I can't imagine why they'd object to you using one, I bet you could get a small crockpot for under $20 at WalMart or Target if you decided to buy one once you get there. If you'd like to be sure that they'd let you use one I'd suggest that you call the resort and ask - call 1-407-238-1300 and ask to be connected with the concierge.

Dick Taylor