PDA

View Full Version : Lisa & Pete's DCL PJ & Trip Report - WEDDING VIDEO POSTED!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

pjstevens
05-04-2008, 04:52 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2366/2461369295_47e37febc2.jpg

Fish Extender!

I got this in the mail today. It is a Fish Extender. While on our cruise we are going to take part in an exchange type swap thing. I am trying to think of some small gifts for the other people playing along now! I have one thing in mind....This is going ot be fun! You hang these from youe Fish in the hallway and then through out the cruise you find it full of goodies from other people playing along!

Lisa,

That is adorable. We are going on our first Disney cruise and I am hoping to make one of those at the CK convention in July!!! (of course it won't be as personalized as yours). I LOVE IT! Did you order it from somewhere? Or did someone make it for you?

Goldeelox9
05-04-2008, 08:56 AM
I got it on Ebay. The lady who made it was so nice and easy to deal with. PM me if you want her email address.

PixyDusted
05-04-2008, 09:38 AM
So cute Lisa! If I were on the cruise I'd be putting LOTS of fun stuff in there for you!

29apr00
05-04-2008, 03:21 PM
That is so cute Lisa!! What exactly is it for??

Goldeelox9
05-04-2008, 09:57 PM
There is a thread on the Dis Boards for almost every cruise. Alot of the cruisers join the thread that is for the dates they will be cruising. Then alot of the people talk about thier upcoming trips etc. Usually you plan a little DIs members meet too. The fish extenders are hooked over the fish that is next to each door. The Fish is there to collect your mail from Disney (your daily flyer telling you what is going on and when). So then all of the people who are playing along leave you little trinkets or gifts in your fish extender. I plan on a little Baltimore gift and a disney themed one!

You can check out this thread to learn more about it.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

figmentfan814
05-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Just catching up on things since I got back. I love your DF's ring. I like it when guys are willing to do something beyond a simple yellow gold band. MVMCP is a lot of fun! I have only been once and it started raining halfway through, but it was still so neat to see the snow on Main Street and to get pictures with the characters in their holiday attire. I also loved reading about the stuff for the cruise. I haven't been on a Disney cruise since 2004 which was long before I knew about the Dis. I guess whenever I get my DH to go on one I'll have to check that out!

Goldeelox9
05-05-2008, 12:19 PM
I am calm now I swear!

I was so upset this morning. It is 180 days from our rehearsal dinner and I called Disney to book Ohana and I was told we could not have it at the time I wanted (7:30pm). They said it had to be at 5:00pm! Well Pete’s parents flight doesn’t get to Orlando until 4:15pm. There is no way they could be at the Poly for the rehearsal dinner 45 minutes after they land! I mean seriously their flight leaves AZ at 6:30am……By 4:15pm they will be beat! So I called Group Dining, Magical Gatherings, Group Dining again, regular reservations, my wedding planner and a general number. I begged and pleaded and almost cried to them. I did cry, but not on the phone! I was so upset. I emailed my wedding planner to start in on plan B which would have been a Desert Party in Epcot. But it isn’t what I wanted. I was so upset. I got Ohana's direct phone number, well actually the direct number for the manager of Ohana. I called and left a message. I waited and stressed and waited! Finally I couldn’t wait any more! I called back and spoke with the manager! She was beyond wonderful and arranged it all for 8:45pm. Now we can go to the beach watch the fireworks and then head to dinner. ALL OF US! ALL 22 of us! I am excited! I also called the Bakery and found out about a Grooms cake. I think I am going to go with the Vanilla or Marble Cake filled with Strawberries and Cream and Chocolate Icing. It will be a big Mickey Mouse head! The cost is only $45.00. Way cheaper then booking the cake through the Planner. There is also no delivery Fee ($75.00) since it is being made at the Poly and delivered to the Poly. I am so excited! I feel so relived! I was so upset! Now I need to work on my “Newsletter”! I need to let everyone know the plan!

WDBRDWLK
05-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi Lisa-
We have been to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party a few times and you will not be disappointed. It is so much fun! The park closes early to regular guests and there will be locations around the park for you to get your wrist strap, usually starting around 4pm. Then they have the parades that are special to the Christmas Party. Make sure you get a space upclose for pictures and some characters will come up to you. Also throughout the park will be all the hot chocolate and cookies you want. The fireworks show is amazing too. You'll be surprised at how many rides you will be able to do during the special hours...very short lines if any and you can keep riding the same rides over and over.

Don't forget to wear your Christmas Mickey stocking hat!

29apr00
05-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Glad everything worked out with Dinner! I can't believe it would have sold out so quickly. Or was it just because of your large party size?

the4princesses
05-05-2008, 01:40 PM
I am calm now I swear!

I was so upset this morning. It is 180 days from our rehearsal dinner and I called Disney to book Ohana and I was told we could not have it at the time I wanted (7:30pm). They said it had to be at 5:00pm! Well Pete’s parents flight doesn’t get to Orlando until 4:15pm. There is no way they could be at the Poly for the rehearsal dinner 45 minutes after they land! I mean seriously their flight leaves AZ at 6:30am……By 4:15pm they will be beat! So I called Group Dining, Magical Gatherings, Group Dining again, regular reservations, my wedding planner and a general number. I begged and pleaded and almost cried to them. I did cry, but not on the phone! I was so upset. I emailed my wedding planner to start in on plan B which would have been a Desert Party in Epcot. But it isn’t what I wanted. I was so upset. I got Ohana's direct phone number, well actually the direct number for the manager of Ohana. I called and left a message. I waited and stressed and waited! Finally I couldn’t wait any more! I called back and spoke with the manager! She was beyond wonderful and arranged it all for 8:45pm. Now we can go to the beach watch the fireworks and then head to dinner. ALL OF US! ALL 22 of us! I am excited! I also called the Bakery and found out about a Grooms cake. I think I am going to go with the Vanilla or Marble Cake filled with Strawberries and Cream and Chocolate Icing. It will be a big Mickey Mouse head! The cost is only $45.00. Way cheaper then booking the cake through the Planner. There is also no delivery Fee ($75.00) since it is being made at the Poly and delivered to the Poly. I am so excited! I feel so relived! I was so upset! Now I need to work on my “Newsletter”! I need to let everyone know the plan!

I'm so excited that it all worked out for you!!!
I know you are going to have the most wonderful time of your life!:dance3:

Have a wonderful day!!
Kathy:flower3:

Goldeelox9
05-05-2008, 01:44 PM
It was just because of the large size! We need two huge tables...LOL But it is all worked out and I am Happy as can be!

cruisin'Mike
05-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Hey Lisa!

Linda and I were filling out our paperwork for our vow renewal and I thought of you! Glad to hear that Ohana worked out for you. We had a dinner for 30 people there once. It's a great choice for a group your size.

We got a fish extender from the same lady on ebay. She's also a DIS'er.

Enjoy the Christmas Party. It's a lot of fun. Some people like to go on a lot of rides during the party, but I say check out the shows and things that are only being offered during the party. If they do the Cinderella Castle lights again this year, and I can't imagine them not doing it, make sure you watch the show when they light it up!

Goldeelox9
05-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Awe thanks Mike....I am so excited. I want to see the castle lit up so very bad! I am so thankful Ohana worked out for me. I was a panicing bride this morning!

Alarose
05-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Lisa, I just finished catching up in our PJ! EVERYTHING is so beautiful! I LOVE your dress, your ring is just perfect, amazing bridesmaid dresses.... I bet you are just floating right now!

I also have an October Wedding...the 25th. We are having the wedding/reception in Iowa, but we are going to Disneyworld for our honeymoon :)

Maybe you said this already, but where are you staying after the wedding? Is it just going to be the two of you, or are you joining up with some family/friends for a few days?

Can't wait to read more!

Goldeelox9
05-05-2008, 03:13 PM
We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge after the wedding for 6 nights. My BFF and her husband and daughter will be there the first two days and we plan on spending some time with them, but then it will just be the two of us!

MUDisneyCouple
05-06-2008, 09:56 AM
So, glad that things worked out for you...that would have been really sad! We loved Ohana and are so bummed that we can't go on this upcoming trip...I can't imagine how sad I would have been to not be able to go for a part of my wedding. So happy for you!!!

Your groom's cake sounds awesome!

Goldeelox9
05-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Thank you! I will take lots of pics of the groom's cake so you all can get an idea of an affordable one from the poly bakery!

pjstevens
05-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Lisa,

So glad your plans are working out. Can't wait to hear more.

shezfrombermuda
05-06-2008, 06:53 PM
I am glad to hear that your Ohana dinner worked out. The big Mickey head cakes are really cute. I want to get one for my birthday. Can I order my own birthday cake? :rotfl2:

Did you get your fish extender from Ebay?

Goldeelox9
05-06-2008, 07:40 PM
What do the big Mickey Heads look like? Do they have the face or is the whole thing Chocolate?

I did get it from Ebay....PM me if you want her email address....I am sure she can make you one with out going through ebay! I love it!

padisneyfour
05-06-2008, 07:45 PM
I am so glad your plans worked out- that is great! congrats. everything is falling into place!!! yeah!!:goodvibes

lov2b@disney
05-07-2008, 06:05 AM
Glad your Ohana dinner worked out! Sounds like me when I booked mine- I just had trouble getting ahold of someone to book it :headache: Finally after days it worked out and is all set!

Goldeelox9
05-07-2008, 08:03 AM
It was crazy! I called so many people. I was getting all frusterated! LOL ALL is well now though! Thank goodness it all worked out!

Goldeelox9
05-10-2008, 06:19 AM
I got all of my ADR's this morning for my Honeymoon, including Breakfast in the Castle. The only one I was not able to book was Yak & Yeti. You can not book that one until 180 days exactally. I was up at 6am cause I was so excited. I started calling at 7:00am exactally!

29apr00
05-10-2008, 08:37 AM
WOW!! WTG on breakfast at the Castle!! Congrats on getting everything you wanted!

padisneyfour
05-10-2008, 08:52 AM
we loved the castle breakfast..... our family pic w/cinderella is one of our favorites. The food was awesome and there was lots of it! congrats have a great time:goodvibes

Goldeelox9
05-20-2008, 11:32 AM
We narrowed down our 1st dance wedding song. We still have 4 songs in the running. How about we take a little vote:

*So Close by Jon McLaughlin (the Enchanted Soundtrack) PLAY (http://www.imeem.com/rinkito/music/dGvzHF6A/jon_mclaughlin_so_close)

*Making Memories of Us by Keith Urban PLAY (http://www.imeem.com/people/5GfJOui/music/8WkVv5Mf/keith_urban_making_memories_of_us)

*At Last by Etta James PLAY (http://www.imeem.com/rayvin313/music/MxVk55wD/etta_james_at_last)

*Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo`ole PLAY (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pe5p1BXNCQM)

Listen to our top four and let me know what you think!

Chelley00
05-20-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm a huge Etta James fan, so I'm going to automatically cast my vote for At Last :)

Congrats on scoring Cinderella's breakfast. We ate there when we went in 06 and it was one of our favorites.

hope1826
05-20-2008, 11:42 AM
We narrowed down our 1st dance wedding song. We still have 4 songs in the running. How about we take a little vote:

*So Close by Jon McLaughlin (the Enchanted Soundtrack) PLAY (http://www.imeem.com/rinkito/music/dGvzHF6A/jon_mclaughlin_so_close)

*Making Memories of Us by Keith Urban PLAY (http://www.imeem.com/people/5GfJOui/music/8WkVv5Mf/keith_urban_making_memories_of_us)

*At Last by Etta James PLAY (http://www.imeem.com/rayvin313/music/MxVk55wD/etta_james_at_last)

*Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo`ole PLAY (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pe5p1BXNCQM)

I LOVE that version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow" but I vote for "At Last". That was our first dance song. It's our favorite because that song speaks to us. So many times, where ever we go, that song starts playing, it's even happened in Walmart :confused3 . But you should pick one that speaks to you two.

xoxheather420oxo
05-20-2008, 11:49 AM

I think I would pick either Making Memories of us or At Last they are both great songs.....
Our first dance is going to be Just Might Make Me Believe by Sugarland

disneediva
05-20-2008, 11:53 AM
My vote is for At Last also, its just a great song

SparKeLLy
05-20-2008, 12:49 PM
They are all great songs but I like So Close by Jon McLaughlin and Somewhere Over the Rainbow for something different.

I don't think I've posted before but I'm enjoying reading along :)

PrincessBride010103
05-20-2008, 01:10 PM
I :lovestruc Keith Urban!
Making Memories of Us!!

DecemberBride
05-20-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm a country music fan... ok that's really all I listen too and I definitely vote for Keith Urban! That version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" will be my cake cutting song or recessional song... both are great though!

shezfrombermuda
05-20-2008, 07:48 PM
What do the big Mickey Heads look like? Do they have the face or is the whole thing Chocolate?

I did get it from Ebay....PM me if you want her email address....I am sure she can make you one with out going through ebay! I love it!

This is what the mickey head cake looks like:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj92/sherieo/bdaycake.jpg

I had a mini one from the boardwalk bakery and it was $3.99. The chocolate was quite rich and fudgy and the face was a removable flat piece. I am not sure how big the larger size cake is but I think it was around $30.

I will PM you for her email address. Thanks!

shezfrombermuda
05-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Oh....I am a country music fan so I definitely vote for Keith Urban! :goodvibes

IndyBride
05-20-2008, 11:40 PM
As much as I love the ukelele (grew up in HI and that's what we did in Music class) of those four the Etta James was the best for me. Which one brings tears to your eyes??? For some reason Can you Feel the Love tongiht by Elton John does it for me. The Keith Urban song...Perhaps I've heard it on the radio too much.

PixyDusted
05-21-2008, 08:16 AM
I love "At Last"!

MUDisneyCouple
05-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Throwing in my vote for "At Last"!!!

Goldeelox9
05-22-2008, 01:56 PM
I want to thank eveyone for posting about my song.....We are still no closer to picking one though. :rotfl: Maybe I will put together a mesh of all 4 songs....LOL :laughing:

29apr00
05-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Lisa, you're doing the MK honeymoon shoot, right?? Are you arranging it with your WC?? I'd like to do that too, but we're going to be at the park BEFORE the cruise. What else can your WC help you plan, can you do a DP?

Goldeelox9
05-22-2008, 02:10 PM
I aranged it with the Photograph Department. The number is.... Dara Blonde - 407-827-1577 give her a call. Also yes you can do a desert party....email me and I will send you the info they sent me on it (menus, cost, etc.)

Goldeelox9
05-23-2008, 01:58 PM
I just got off the phone with my man I rented DVC points from. I told him about the Coral Reef and the Diver and Signs. He had no Idea. He was excited cause he is going in July and going to surprise his wife for thier anniversary! I really love spreading the Disney magic! I know you girls do too....That is why I love the DIS boards~:lovestruc

29apr00
05-23-2008, 02:20 PM
I love the Diver and sign idea for Coral Reef. It's on "the list" of things to do on our next trip. Yeah, i'm working on dining and stuff already, only 18 months out! :rotfl:

Goldeelox9
05-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Never TOO early Jennifer....NEVER!

DecemberBride
05-23-2008, 03:08 PM
I just got off the phone with mt man I rented DVC points to. I told him about the Coral Reef and the Diver and Signs. He had no Idea. He was excited cause he is going in July and going to surprise his wife for thier anniversary! I really love spreading the Disney magic! I know you girls do too....That is why I love the DIS boards~:lovestruc

I wouldl ove to do this at the Coral Reef... could you PM prices and stuff about it if yo have it! Thanks!

MUDisneyCouple
05-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Count me in on the PM about the diver and sign prices, please! I would LOVE to do this for our (crossing fingers VERY tightly) Christmas trip as a surprise for my DH and DMom. I love DIS magic :lovestruc

29apr00
06-03-2008, 09:28 AM
You haven't posted about shoes yet!! What are you planning on wearing in the sand?

Goldeelox9
06-03-2008, 09:59 AM
I have a white pair of Croc Mary Janes i wil wear arounf the ship for pictures and all, but for the beach I am bare footing it! LOL I got Pete a pair of nice brown sandles for around the ship and all, but for the beach I think he is bare footing it too!

29apr00
06-03-2008, 10:02 AM
:rotfl: I think thats what i'm going to end up doing too. Certainly can't wear 4" heels in the sand!

Goldeelox9
06-03-2008, 10:04 AM
We are planning on having an after party back here in Baltimore, the Sunday after we return from WDW. This is the Menu so Far:

Hors doeuvres
Domestic Fruit
Cheese and Vegetable Display
With Assorted Crackers and Ranch Dipping Sauce
Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Carving Station
Beef, Ham & Turkey
Condoments and Rolls

Buffet
Country Style Potatoes
Green Beans
Grilled Itailan Sausage, Peppers & Onions
Baked Ziti w/meat
House Garden Salad
Rolls and Butter

Desert
Assorted Cheese Cakes and Gourmet Dessert Display

Beverages
Soda Tea Coffee
Beer & WIne

We are not planning another Wedding Cake. I will have my real one on the ship. Plus I don't like cake and I can not see putting out another $500-$800 on a cake just for show!

I still have to convince my Dad to front me the money for the party. We will pay him back once we get our Tax Returns. :rotfl:

29apr00
06-03-2008, 10:18 AM
what about a cupcake display or something like that?

Goldeelox9
06-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Well included in the package from the hall is Assorted Cheese cakes and other fancy deserts. My sister had her wedding here and the deserts were great, way better then her wedding cake!

Chelley00
06-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Yummy! I'm thinking I need to crash your after party!!! ::yes::

We got married near a lake, but took pictures on the beach afterwards, and I love the barefoot pictures of us. They are so relaxed and no-stuffy ;)

poohbear111
06-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Sounds good. I would keep it simple with the deserts they provide. BTW thanks for all of your help again. Greatly appreciate it.
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

the4princesses
06-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Your menu sounds great!! But a cake, it seems like a must!!!:bride:
Maybe you can have a sheet cake with your and your dh's picture on it!!
Congrat's!!
Hope your have the most wonderful time of all!!
Kathy:dance3:

DisneyLaura
06-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I found your link from Lynne's TR and had to come visit yours. I love Disney weddings. I am already married (for almost 12 years) but love reading about the disney weddings. I tend to do a VR at WDW but then again I can't wait to see a cruise. Oh and I vote for So close for your dance. I remember crying at that part of the movie and love that song. I also love Keith Urban too. Everything I have seen so far is awesome.

Laura

Goldeelox9
06-04-2008, 08:04 AM
I found your link from Lynne's TR and had to come visit yours. I love Disney weddings. I am already married (for almost 12 years) but love reading about the disney weddings. I tend to do a VR at WDW but then again I can't wait to see a cruise. Oh and I vote for So close for your dance. I remember crying at that part of the movie and love that song. I also love Keith Urban too. Everything I have seen so far is awesome.

Laura

Hey! Welcome to my PJ. I think we are 99% sure the song will be the Keith Urban one. It was the one that touched us both the most!

Keira1387
06-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Your after party menu sounds SO yummy!!!

Goldeelox9
06-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Thanks....I wanted fun good food, not fo fo fancy stuff! LOL :rotfl:

xoxheather420oxo
06-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Your after menu party does sound perfect. My FMIL is planning like an actual reception when we get back of like 150 - 200 I thought it would be nice and small and simple but its turning into the whole reason we chose the cruise wedding lol....

Goldeelox9
06-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Your after menu party does sound perfect. My FMIL is planning like an actual reception when we get back of like 150 - 200 I thought it would be nice and small and simple but its turning into the whole reason we chose the cruise wedding lol....

Heather - We have about 125 on the list...Hoepfully they all can't make it. I am hoping to keep it small and fun! I can NOT wait to hear all about your wedding!

xoxheather420oxo
06-04-2008, 03:22 PM
I will be sure to updated you in about 2 months and 3 weeks!!! I'm just not a fan of being center of attention and now we are being told that we have to get dressed up and that i need to wear a white dress if it was just a party where we could all get together and celebrate and have fun that'd be one thing but this is definetly turning into the wedding we didn't want (the party) then again we aren't paying so who are we to complain lol.

BurghFan111
06-04-2008, 08:43 PM
The after party sounds great. I am sure all your guest will enjoy it. I also wanted to echo PoohBear111 in thanking you for all your help as well.:worship:

Goldeelox9
06-04-2008, 09:23 PM
No Problem...I love to help! You guys are more then welcomed to come to the after party! It will be fun!!

shezfrombermuda
06-05-2008, 05:53 AM
Your party menu sounds really good. If you are having a bunch of desserts, I don't think you need a cake at all, especially if you are already having one on the ship. Now what is this about not liking cake? :eek:

I was on the cake thread because it will be my father in laws birthday before the wedding and I found another type of Mickey cake:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj92/sherieo/GF-Cathyqusbirthdaycake312-4-02-1.jpg

I am not sure where you wanted to have a mickey cake but this one is piped and it is from the GF bakery. The cakes from the BW bakery are nice but the ones from the GF bakery seem a bit fancier.

Goldeelox9
06-05-2008, 07:42 AM
I love that cake! But actually since the rehersal dinner is at the Poly the cake is going to come right from there and only cost $40! Also there will be no delivery fee. I was told that there would be a delivery fee if I got it elsewhere! Hmmmm....I do like the piped cake though! LOL

MUDisneyCouple
06-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Your "back home" party menu sounds delicious! I love cheese cake and would eat that over cake any day! Mmmm...creamy goodness!

Goldeelox9
06-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I wish it were creme brulee.....But I am sure I will eat enough of that in WDW!

MUDisneyCouple
06-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Heck yeah! WDW has a great selection of creme brulee! I always end up getting at least 2 during our trips ;) YUMMY!

Goldeelox9
06-08-2008, 08:29 AM
I have actually made dinner ADR's based on the selection of Creme Brulee! :rotfl2:

MUDisneyCouple
06-08-2008, 03:57 PM
I know what you mean...I would never admit it to my DH, but I base our ADRs on what is served for dessert! :lmao: They have the best desserts!

Goldeelox9
06-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Pete knows that we are eating at Jiko for the Creme Brulee....I told him. I just love it. They have it on the cruise too! :cool1:

Goldeelox9
06-08-2008, 05:51 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3118/2561376473_9647dab2c8.jpg

This Morning Pete said to me "Get Dressed, we are going to buy you your new camera today!" EKK!!!!! We went to Ritz Camera and got such a great deal! I also conned the guy into the new Vibration Reduction lens. We got the Nikon D60, 2 lens; 17-55mm & 55-200mm, we got 2 three pack 1g memory cards, a digital photo frame for my Dad for his Father's day, 2 learn how DVDs made just for my camera, camera bag, 16 digital photo classes, free prints and free photo book, a new all in one printer, a bumper to bumper warrenty and a card that gives us 6% cash back at Ritz Camera to spend on future purchases.

Ok well my battery is all charged and I am off to start taking some pictures! EKKKK!!!!!!

dislovr
06-08-2008, 06:58 PM
WOW..what a camara!

29apr00
06-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Holy crap!! I could never figure that stuff out!! Dh wants to get me a new camera but i'm quite happy with my little 4MP Sony Cybershot.:lmao: Now if they made something was so easy to take pics at night, i might be interested!:lmao:

Goldeelox9
06-08-2008, 07:33 PM
This new camera takes great night pictures. The shutter is sooo fast! We bought it now so I can be a pro by November! LOL

miabellarose
06-08-2008, 08:52 PM
HI
I followed your link from Momof2disprincesses's TR and I just started your planning journal. I noticed the picture of your ring and it's cute how you incorporated Mickey into it. I am also a graduate of Palmer, and it was interesting to read that your DF also went there. Ok, onto reading more of your journal, can't wait to read about the details....how exciting, getting married on a Disney cruise!

miabellarose
06-09-2008, 02:22 PM
So, I am completely caught up in your planning journal. I love all of your plans, especially the rhinestone shirts, the personalized bags, the dresses, all of it. I'm glad you're thinking of going with Keith Urban's song but I like country music so I admit, I am biased. That variation of Somewhere Over the Rainbow was played over and over at school, and it's a happy but sad song, you know?

MickeyAnne
06-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Thats an awesome camera!!!!! Have fun with it! Can't wait to see the pics that you come up with!

Just caught up with your PJ - everything looks great! I love DCL. Cruising is on the top of my list of favorite things, thats for sure! Your wedding will be amazing!

Goldeelox9
06-09-2008, 02:51 PM
So, I am completely caught up in your planning journal. I love all of your plans, especially the rhinestone shirts, the personalized bags, the dresses, all of it. I'm glad you're thinking of going with Keith Urban's song but I like country music so I admit, I am biased. That variation of Somewhere Over the Rainbow was played over and over at school, and it's a happy but sad song, you know?

I am 99% sure we are giong with Keith Urban. It is a great song and it is just so sweet! Thank you! I am making the shirts this week, I will take pictures with my New Camera...LOL...and post some here!

Thats an awesome camera!!!!! Have fun with it! Can't wait to see the pics that you come up with!

Just caught up with your PJ - everything looks great! I love DCL. Cruising is on the top of my list of favorite things, thats for sure! Your wedding will be amazing!

Thank you, I can not wait to use it! I love DCL so much...I can not wait, we are under 5 months now! :banana:

MUDisneyCouple
06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Nice camera! :thumbsup2

Goldeelox9
06-10-2008, 09:55 AM
We got this big box yesterday in the mail. It was sitting on the steps when we got home from work. I was all excited since I love mail. Pete opened it and in side was this Beautiful Wedding Candle from Pete's Parents. We are doing a Sand Ceremony on the beach instead of a Unity Candle, but now I want to do the Unity Candle Ceremony at our Baltimore reception. Isn't this pretty! They are so thoughtful and thing about us all the time!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3070/2565991611_3a658bb89b.jpg

29apr00
06-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Beautiful candle!!

DisneyLaura
06-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Nice camera - Love the candle

keenercam
06-10-2008, 10:29 AM
How sweet of Pete's parents!
So, are you loving your camera? :banana:

Goldeelox9
06-10-2008, 10:38 AM
I am soooo loving it. I can not wait to ake pictures at WDW :yay:

keenercam
06-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Cool! We got a new one about a year ago and we love it, except for the fact that the files are so large that they are hard to email. Small price to pay for awesome resolution, though.

Goldeelox9
06-10-2008, 10:48 AM
I upload to flickr and send the links, then people can look and download if they want. My FMIL & FFIL live in AZ so I am emailing them pictures all the time!

Flurbee
06-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Lisa,

Hello, just found your PJ and started reading!! I love everything so far, although I am only on page 2..:rotfl2: Just a question...what kind of camara do you have?? Your shots of your engagement ring turned out really great!!! I have been trying to get some pics of mine so I can start my PJ, and they just come out all fuzzy!! :confused: Your engagement was so romantic!!:lovestruc I really, really love your ring!! Well, hopefully I will catch up soon...:surfweb:

Goldeelox9
06-12-2008, 07:45 AM
My Engagement Ring Pictures were taken with my Olympus camera. Just a point and shoot. The key to good close ups is to use the macro mode. It's the setting with the litte flower. I now have a Nikon SLR....and I am loving it! Thanks for reading!

PixyDusted
06-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Lisa, Lisa, Lisa....I am JEAAALLLLOUUUSS!! I want a DSLR camera VERY badly! I've wanted one for a lonnnnng time but everytime Jason says to buy it I say, "No - we need to pay off our bills first." Maturity sucks! LOL.

Use it well! I'm sure you will. Maybe I'll get one before our wedding next year!

Goldeelox9
06-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Ha! See I am not that mature....We have tons of bills...But I have wanted one soo long. So when the Government offered us each $600....I cashed the checks and ran to the camera store! LOL :rotfl:

Goldeelox9
06-18-2008, 11:47 AM
These are SOME of the supplies for making my Reception Invitations. They will be 4 X5 inches with the Daisy on the left then the lime green ribbon will go down about 1/3 of the way acrossed the invitation. The wording will them be on the right side. I bought lime green swaroski crystals for the center of the flower and will be putting them in lime green envelopes.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3161/2588412149_897ec5534f.jpg

I have also emailed one of my favorite fellow DIS Brides (she is lucky and lives in Florida) and I have asked her to get me some Mickey Post Cards. I am going to use them as response cards.

I am getting so excited!

DecemberBride
06-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Love the pink on the invites! It's going to look great!

29apr00
06-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Cute Invites!! Are you using Gerbera Daisy's in your theme/decor somehow? They are beautiful flowers. I made a gerbera daisy wedding cake for my sisters wedding last summer!

Goldeelox9
06-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Love the pink on the invites! It's going to look great!

Thank you! I love it too!

Cute Invites!! Are you using Gerbera Daisy's in your theme/decor somehow? They are beautiful flowers. I made a gerbera daisy wedding cake for my sisters wedding last summer!

My Bridesmaids are going to carry Gerbera Daisy Bouquets.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3022/2555321198_b3eeb2e47d.jpg

I found these online for only $2.50 a piece. From a distance they don't look bad!

29apr00
06-18-2008, 03:21 PM
WOW Great deal!!

Goldeelox9
06-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah....Disney wanted like $100 a piece for my bridesmaids and I couldn't spend that. I usually don't like fake flowers, bet Gerbers are the exception. It was like $15 for 5 bouquets and shipping! It was a steal!

PhilHarMaestro
06-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah!!! I'm loving your PJ! I just read through the whole thing. I love your bouquet. I copied it to my pics, I hope you don't mind. I'm planning to e-mail it to rosie because it's exactly what I want. Is that okay with you?

Goldeelox9
06-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah!!! I'm loving your PJ! I just read through the whole thing. I love your bouquet. I copied it to my pics, I hope you don't mind. I'm planning to e-mail it to rosie because it's exactly what I want. Is that okay with you?

YAY! I am glad you like it...Use any pictures I have (most were swipped off the Dis Boards anyway....:rotfl: ). If I can help you in anyway let me know...I love helping and this is my favorite topic as of now....:rotfl2:

PhilHarMaestro
06-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Great! Thanks so much!!!:goodvibes

PixyDusted
06-18-2008, 08:10 PM
These are SOME of the supplies for making my Reception Invitations. They will be 4 X5 inches with the Daisy on the left then the lime green ribbon will go down about 1/3 of the way acrossed the invitation. The wording will them be on the right side. I bought lime green swaroski crystals for the center of the flower and will be putting them in lime green envelopes.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3161/2588412149_897ec5534f.jpg

I have also emailed one of my favorite fellow DIS Brides (she is lucky and lives in Florida) and I have asked her to get me some Mickey Post Cards. I am going to use them as response cards.

I am getting so excited!

So pretty! I love the pink and green together. The crystals will look gorgeous on it! And thanks for the shout out - you're a favorite of mine too (of course). :wizard:

MUDisneyCouple
06-19-2008, 08:10 AM
The Mickey post cards for response cards are such a good idea! Just think of all the WDW post cards you'll be getting ;)

29apr00
06-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Hey Lisa, are you able to ship anything down before hand?? Like your towels, programs, stuff like that??

Goldeelox9
06-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Hey Lisa, are you able to ship anything down before hand?? Like your towels, programs, stuff like that??

I don't think so, and I don't know if I would trust it. I have two friends driving from SC and I may ship stuff to them, but most likely not. I am too paraniod!

We bought our plane tickets when you were allowed two bags per person. So that is 4 suitcases between Pete and I, plus I plan to use my Dad and Step mom's 2nd bag for a total of 6. We should be good with that I think. I hope!

PixyDusted
06-20-2008, 01:02 PM
OMG girl - send them to me if you want! You know you can!

I don't think so, and I don't know if I would trust it. I have two friends driving from SC and I may ship stuff to them, but most likely not. I am too paraniod!

We bought our plane tickets when you were allowed two bags per person. So that is 4 suitcases between Pete and I, plus I plan to use my Dad and Step mom's 2nd bag for a total of 6. We should be good with that I think. I hope!

the4princesses
06-20-2008, 10:34 PM
ALL YOU CHOICES ARE GREAT!! YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE THE PRETTIEST WEDDING!!

I' WISH WE COULD GO ON THE CRUISE, BUT WE HAVE 6 OF US AND IT WOULD BE OUT OF OUR PRICE RANGE!!
MAYBE ONE DAY!!!

I LOVE TO LOOK AT ALL THE PICTURES THAT ARE POSTED FROM THE CRUISES!!

WHEN WE STAYED AT POP LAST YEAR THE BUS PULLED UP TO PICK UP THE PEOPLE WHO WERE GOING ON THE CRUISE!!:cool1:
THEY LOOKED SO HAPPY!! I WAS HAPPY FOR THEM!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY AND BLESSED WEDDING!!:cutie:

IndyBride
06-21-2008, 12:04 AM
The invites are going to spectacular! I love those colors together.

shezfrombermuda
06-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Love the colours of your invitations and the gerber daisies!

Flurbee
06-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Lisa,

Just finished reading your PJ......I am finally all caught up!!! :cool1: Everything looks great!!!:thumbsup2 Thanks for the tip about taking close ups....I am going to try that tomorrow....Well, excited to hear more as it gets closer!!! :goodvibes

Goldeelox9
06-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Hey there. I have finished the invites for my at home reception. What do you guys think?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3161/2604882735_5a0030df09.jpg

The paper is a shimmery white, but came out kinda green in the pic above.

Our beach towel wedding favors came yesterday. I LOVE THEM.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3012/2605709482_365de07255_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3179/2605711348_dac467318d_m.jpg

and last but not least....my new shirt.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3155/2604880943_0218b8a7f1.jpg

I got this when I was at the beach with my girlfriends. Inside the tiara was a dog and the letters B D....I got it at the Big Dog store, but I am not promoting a brand with the word BIG in it....LOL So I filled in the hearts with Glitter. So now my shirt has some Bling. :rotfl:

padisneyfour
06-24-2008, 06:34 PM
very creative and it looks GREAT!!!:goodvibes

ooohh! I just noticed the towels they look great TOO! I really like the logo!!!!

MUDisneyCouple
06-24-2008, 06:41 PM
LOVE the beach towels...what a super cute idea!!! The design is cute too.

Goldeelox9
06-24-2008, 07:03 PM
LOVE the beach towels...what a super cute idea!!! The design is cute too.

very creative and it looks GREAT!!!:goodvibes

ooohh! I just noticed the towels they look great TOO! I really like the logo!!!!

Thank You!

I got the Beach Towels at Towels for Less.... http://www.towels4less.com/ They were not overpriced...I ended up paying $10 a piece but that included shipping and design fee.

29apr00
06-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Love the invitations!! Great job!!

How many towels did you have to order? The full case??

Goldeelox9
06-24-2008, 07:31 PM
I ordered 33 of them. I don't think there was a min. They were really great to work with.

Flurbee
06-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Hello....I LOVE the towels!! That is such a great idea, especially for the cruise!! Did you design them yourself or did they come up with a design for you?? Your invitations look great too!! What kind of shimmery white paper did you use?? Just curioius......:thumbsup2

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 07:39 AM
I used paper just like Stardream paper, but it came from Michaels and was $5 for 10 sheets. I got 4 invites out of each sheet...Not too bad. It just has a "Cool Metalic Sheen" to it. It was in the scrap section!

Oh and Thank you about the towels...My DF and I love them!

29apr00
06-25-2008, 07:53 AM
I ordered 33 of them. I don't think there was a min. They were really great to work with.

:thumbsup2 Cool! I was looking at the site and kept seeing prices for Cases of towells, like 60! YIKES i don't need that many!

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah I saw that too....But when I actually emailed a girl she told me that it wasn't a big deal. I got 31 normal sized towels and then 2 bigger jumbo ones for me and DF. LOL The girl I emailed was Sharon. Sharon@cottonfruit.com She was wonderful to work with....I gave her the general Idea and the Swirly Mickey and she came up with the rest!

PixyDusted
06-25-2008, 08:44 AM
The invitations look AWESOME girl! I mailed the response cards and everything else Monday so hopefully you'll get it today or tomorrow. It's a small bubble mailer.

Have I mentioned I LOVE the color green so I just love the towels! And the shirt is perfect for a Disney bride. I love that you filled in the tiara with the glitter.

Everything looks awesome! I can't wait for your wedding and I'm not even going! LOL. Maybe it's because I just can't wait to meet you and Pete in person when you're at WDW!!!

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 08:48 AM
The invitations look AWESOME girl! I mailed the response cards and everything else Monday so hopefully you'll get it today or tomorrow. It's a small bubble mailer.

Have I mentioned I LOVE the color green so I just love the towels! And the shirt is perfect for a Disney bride. I love that you filled in the tiara with the glitter.

Everything looks awesome! I can't wait for your wedding and I'm not even going! LOL. Maybe it's because I just can't wait to meet you and Pete in person when you're at WDW!!!

Awe Mikkel....I can't wait to meet you either. I didn't want to have a "Big Dog" shirt, but it was so perfect so I turned it into a DIY project. Thank you sooo much, you are such a lifesaver! I can not even begin to let you know how thankful I am for your help!

xoxheather420oxo
06-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Your invites to look great and I love the towels as well which i would have found the towels before I did all my stuff lol...

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Your invites to look great and I love the towels as well which i would have found the towels before I did all my stuff lol...

Heather...are you going to do a trip report...atleast give us all the details of your wedding? I can not wait to hear all about it!

xoxheather420oxo
06-25-2008, 09:25 AM
I will definetly let you all know in 2 months exactly how everything goes...I will probably do a trip report but I make no promises but I will definetly post and let you all know how it went....I can't believe after everything its 8 weeks away...

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Heather - don't be surprised if me and a few other DCL Brides hound you to death with 100 questions. LOL:lmao:

xoxheather420oxo
06-25-2008, 09:36 AM
hahaha you could ask me any questions you would like. We sent in our paperwork yesterday the people for the marriage license already got back to me. i also emailed Cathy a bunch of questions but she has yet to get back to me which is starting to annoy me....She tends to not answer unless I hound her which me being the psycho bride to be that I am will hound her but maybe you can help me here are my questions if anyone could answer any of them that would be great:

1 - The Wedding as we discussed is going to be on Deck 7 what happens if it rains will it be moved inside?
2 - What is the drinking age while at sea?
3 - What is the next step now?
4 - Can the Champagne & Chocolate Strawberries be delivered to the room on Monday night (the night of the ceremony)?
5 - When should we receive paperwork from Disney regarding the details of the wedding?
6 - We are taking the bus from the Hotel to the Boat do we have to be there by any particular time to sign the legal paperwork?
7 - Will there be an onboard coordinator at the port to take the welcome bags from us?
8 - Will we get to go through a walk through to see where everything will take place?
9 - Will we get to meet the officiant before the ceremony?

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 09:56 AM
hahaha you could ask me any questions you would like. We sent in our paperwork yesterday the people for the marriage license already got back to me. i also emailed Cathy a bunch of questions but she has yet to get back to me which is starting to annoy me....She tends to not answer unless I hound her which me being the psycho bride to be that I am will hound her (I am a hounder too) but maybe you can help me here are my questions if anyone could answer any of them that would be great:

1 - The Wedding as we discussed is going to be on Deck 7 what happens if it rains will it be moved inside? It will be moved inside to the Lounge..Catalic (however it's spelled)

2 - What is the drinking age while at sea? 21 on the ship anywhere on the ship, at port or at sea. It is 18 in the Bahamas though.

3 - What is the next step now? Just Waiting I think.

4 - Can the Champagne & Chocolate Strawberries be delivered to the room on Monday night (the night of the ceremony)? Yeah just ask the Wedding Coordinater when you get on the ship. From what I hear they are WONDERFUL!

5 - When should we receive paperwork from Disney regarding the details of the wedding? I am not sure...But when Cathy lets you know please share it. From what I have read you don't find anyting out until you get on the ship..This is going to KILL ME!

6 - We are taking the bus from the Hotel to the Boat do we have to be there by any particular time to sign the legal paperwork? You will be there around 1 or so at the latest, There will be something in your room telling you when to meet with the on ship Wedding Planner.

7 - Will there be an onboard coordinator at the port to take the welcome bags from us? You can take them to the onboard coordinater when you meet with them and they will have them delivered for you.

8 - Will we get to go through a walk through to see where everything will take place? I am not sure.
9 - Will we get to meet the officiant before the ceremony? Again I am not sure???

All of my above answers have been found out by talking to other cruise brides or Cathy. I am in no way an expert....But I hope these answers helped!

xoxheather420oxo
06-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Thanks yeah the thing that bothers me is that we paid Disney all this money for the wedding and yet haven't gotten a single piece of paper guaranteeing me that this wedding will happen so thats stressing me out. I believe she told me like a month before you should receive something in the mail about the wedding but i'm not sure....At least I know Cathy talks to someone lol....
Thanks for all the answers I will let you all know Cathy's answers when she sends them to me...lol. The worst part is having no control over what happens lol

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 10:05 AM
I feel the same way. I want a contract! I am sending in our planning paperwork on the 1st of July so hopefully I will hear something after that! Thanks for your help. I am off to re-email Cathy now about my flowers. LOL

xoxheather420oxo
06-25-2008, 10:11 AM
She's out of the office till tomorrow lol...I found that out this morning. I will let you know if I receive any paperwork from Disney it self I sure hope I do...

pjstevens
06-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks yeah the thing that bothers me is that we paid Disney all this money for the wedding and yet haven't gotten a single piece of paper guaranteeing me that this wedding will happen so thats stressing me out. I believe she told me like a month before you should receive something in the mail about the wedding but i'm not sure....At least I know Cathy talks to someone lol....
Thanks for all the answers I will let you all know Cathy's answers when she sends them to me...lol. The worst part is having no control over what happens lol

There is another DCL bride (doing a vow renewal) next month and she got her papers just about one month out!

pjstevens
06-25-2008, 10:33 AM
I feel the same way. I want a contract! I am sending in our planning paperwork on the 1st of July so hopefully I will hear something after that! Thanks for your help. I am off to re-email Cathy now about my flowers. LOL

I sent our paperwork in MONTHS ago and didn't hear anything. Unfortunately it took a few emails before I got a response. I just wanted to make sure someone got it.

xoxheather420oxo
06-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah I know I asked her to let me know she got the paperwork if I didn't get an email from a wedding for you the marriage licensing service they use I wouldn't know that they got anything so at least I know the got my paperwork..I figure if she doesn't email me back by Friday I will call and nag....i'm good at that...

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Yup I just got the out of the office email too!!!

xoxheather420oxo
06-25-2008, 10:47 AM
She ran away from us...lol :)

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Yup that is right I did read about the other VW bride getting her luggage tags and info. I can not wait to get mine! :bitelip:

figmentfan814
06-25-2008, 12:34 PM
:sail: I love the beach towels; they will be great favors :beach:

The at-home reception invites turned out beautiful. Did you have to make very many?

Keira1387
06-25-2008, 01:42 PM
I LOVE your invitations for your home reception!!!

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 02:33 PM
:sail: I love the beach towels; they will be great favors :beach:

The at-home reception invites turned out beautiful. Did you have to make very many?

I have to make about 60 more....I have done FIVE! LOL

I LOVE your invitations for your home reception!!!

Thank you! I thought I would save money and make them myself.....I spend more then if I would have ordered them....LOL But they are made by me with love (well atleast the first 5 are....the others maybe not so much love...:rotfl2: )

PixyDusted
06-25-2008, 03:29 PM

I AGREE! All I have right now is Cathy's word that she booked us for the April 30th sailing for the CC wedding. Otherwise....no contract, no nothing. She said she'll mail us the planning kit once the 2009 prices come out next month.

xoxheather420oxo
06-25-2008, 03:42 PM
I AGREE! All I have right now is Cathy's word that she booked us for the April 30th sailing for the CC wedding. Otherwise....no contract, no nothing. She said she'll mail us the planning kit once the 2009 prices come out next month.

Yeah the no contract thing bothers me, the planning kit isn't a contract it just tells you prices for photography and stuff like that if you want I can email you a copy of the planning kit for 2008 so you can see those prices so you can get a rough idea. It just gives you instructions prices and of course your wedding license application to fill out. Let me know if you or anyone wants me to send it over.

ohanaMAMA
06-25-2008, 06:34 PM
I just finally had time to get all caught up on your PJ..

1. love the towells and invites. so pretty.
2. That no contract thing would freak me out big time. I made the venue for our reception create a contract just for me.
3.The anti-big dog shirt turned out really cute. You are so creative.

I am getting more excited by the day. time is draaaaaaaaaaaging.. but then every once in a while I get all tigger-ish and have to bounce around and holler about us going on a cruise! :):tigger:

PixyDusted
06-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah the no contract thing bothers me, the planning kit isn't a contract it just tells you prices for photography and stuff like that if you want I can email you a copy of the planning kit for 2008 so you can see those prices so you can get a rough idea. It just gives you instructions prices and of course your wedding license application to fill out. Let me know if you or anyone wants me to send it over.

Lisa sent me the planning kit but thank you for the offer! Cathy told me the 2008 prices during our first conversation b/c it was my first question!

xoxheather420oxo
06-25-2008, 07:40 PM
ok so i'll just keep you all posted with what i am told by Cathy then hopefully she gets back to me tomorrow!!!

Goldeelox9
06-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Cathy has no idea that we are all waiting for the answers to your questions. LOL :rotfl2: They do atleast 2 weddings a sailing I am sure we are fine. I can not wait for my wedding kit.

xoxheather420oxo
06-26-2008, 07:30 AM
I heard they do maximum 3 wedding a sailing....And i'm sure she is coming back to tons of emails so I will give her till tomorrow if I don't hear back by then I will call her....

Dancermomof1
06-26-2008, 09:57 AM
I love your PJ!!! Everything is so beautiful!!! You are going to have an amazing wedding!:)

xoxheather420oxo
06-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Has Cathy gotten back to you yet??

Goldeelox9
06-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Nope...Should we "Re" email her?

xoxheather420oxo
06-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Yeah I think we should lol...

xoxheather420oxo
06-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Woooohooo she finally emailed me back and answered my questions here are the answers incase anyone else needs to know:

1 - The Wedding as we discussed is going to be on Deck 7 what happens if it rains will it be moved inside? Yes, into Cadillac.
2 - What is the drinking age while at sea? 21 years of age.
3 - What is the next step now? I will order everything, based on your choices in the Planning Kit and then we will send a confirmation to your home address.
4 - Can the Champagne & Chocolate Strawberries be delivered to the room on Monday night (the night of the ceremony)? Sure.
5 - When should we receive paperwork from Disney regarding the details of the wedding? See above
6 - We are taking the bus from the Hotel to the Boat do we have to be there by any particular time to sign the legal paperwork? Between 2:00-3:00pm
7 - Will there be an onboard coordinator at the port to take the welcome bags from us? The Wedding Coordinator will take them from you at the pre-con meeting. They will charge $1.00 per room to deliver and if you have the stateroom numbers on them, that would be great. The Housekeeping team will deliver them.
8 - Will we get to go through a walk through to see where everything will take place? Deck 7 is a public location you will be able to look at it at any time.
9 - Will we get to meet the officiant before the ceremony? No, It will either be the Captain or a First Officer

She also booked my photography, hair appointments and everything we are doing the biggest photo package and we wanted an extra hour of photography....Im so glad I feel like the ball is rolling.

Goldeelox9
06-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Awesome.....so I wasn't too off in my answers. So you had to pick your picture package? What if you change your mind (or talk them into just selling me opps you the CD:rotfl2: )?

That is all good to know. So you are having your hair done? My girls and I are going to do mine since it is out beach day. I can't pay $100 to go to Castaway Cay in a few hours. LOL

xoxheather420oxo
06-26-2008, 08:23 PM
well i guess maybe she wanted to know if we wanted the photography so that she could book it for us. You can just get the cd but i want the pictures and albums lol...I'm getting my hair done cause the wedding is being done on board on Deck 7 so i'm not planning on getting off the boat that day i'll see castaway on Wed cause we have 2 stops there.

Goldeelox9
06-26-2008, 08:31 PM
I was told you couldn't just get the CD....But I am going to work on sweet talking shutters....LOL

Lucky Girl! Two Castaway Cay Stops. How wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxheather420oxo
06-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Its in the planning kit that you can and its $449.95 so I don't know why you were told that but someone lied to you lol!!!

Goldeelox9
06-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Ok I am going to vent here! I already have vented to Mikkel, but I feel like everyone needs to know this. I have a few questions for my Planner. I have emaile dher about flowers for like 5 months now and still haven't got an answer. I am going to be doing a MK photo shoot and I wanted to get a quote on flowers for that, along with what the cost would be to change my bouquet for the wedding. I want it Hot Pink and Big like Lynn's. with some Stephonis and crystal Mickey's. I also want to know what the new DCL cake options are. My last question was should I mail or scan/email my planning papers. I don't think this is a hard request, but just this morning I sent the SAME email for the 4th time. I have not recieved an answer except for the "out of office email" I get every time I email my planner. Seriously I got it on Tuesday saying she would be back Thursday, I didn't want to bug her Thursday so I sent an email this morning and got one saying she would be back on Tuesday! SERIOUSLY! I mean sure she does tons of DCL weddings, but this is my ONLY WEDDING and I want it perfect and I want to be informed and I am frusterated. So I called the Office to day and talked to her lovely assistant who is going to try to get answers for me and also make sure my Planner gets back to me on Tuesday. The assistant said she will call me back this afternoon one way or another. I am just so frusterated. I know people have lives, but this is the subject that is comsuming my life now and I need answers and help! :worried:

xoxheather420oxo
06-27-2008, 09:43 AM
That is one of my biggest pet peeves that she is always out of the office it seems. If it helps I emailed my planning kit over to her including copies of our birth certificates so at least that answers that question. i don't have any answers to the other questions unfortunately because i just went with the basic stuff. I guess thats the one downfall of doing a cruise wedding you have to rely on someone else to make sure your day goes perfect....hopefully the assistant gets back to you.

pjstevens
06-28-2008, 05:20 AM
It does say you can 'add on' the cd for $4something, but when I specifically asked if you could just buy that I was told NO. So, I reserved the smallest package. I wanted just the cd as I do so much digitally. I am in contact with Randy Chapman to do a shoot at the Poly and Boardwalk when we get back to the resorts after our cruise. It won't be in our wedding attire, but I know with him, I'll get amazing shots and all the copies on a cd.

MUDisneyCouple
06-28-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that she always seems unavailable...that would be SO frustrating!!! Have you ever spoken with her supervisor? I'm not one to go over people's heads, but this sounds like an on-going problem which needs to be handled possibly by/with her supervisor. As a supervisorm, I would certainly want to know about something like this...good luck!! :goodvibes

xoxheather420oxo
06-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Well i don't know thats why we figured the biggest package though cause the smallest package with the added cd comes to like 50 less then the biggest package so we figured it was worth it lol. Hopefully she gets intouch with you next week.

CSwan1
07-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Hi Lisa! I wanted to 'jump onboard' with your PJ. I hear you are still having problems with our favorite wedding coordinator. From a past DCL bride that had the same type of issues, keep on her. Don't back down. This is YOUR day- she has to realize this. If I can be of any more assistance, let me know. I 'm here to help all my future DCL brides!!:bride:

pjstevens
07-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi Lisa! I wanted to 'jump onboard' with your PJ. I hear you are still having problems with our favorite wedding coordinator. From a past DCL bride that had the same type of issues, keep on her. Don't back down. This is YOUR day- she has to realize this. If I can be of any more assistance, let me know. I 'm here to help all my future DCL brides!!:bride:

Crystal,

That is so nice of you to offer your assistance. I too had the same problems (lack of communication) for our upcoming vow renewal. I think part of it is there is only one person handling all the DCL weddings and vow renewals (until you get on the ship) while DFTW has a lot of different coordinators to handle all their weddings. I have gotten all my questions answered, but I too worry because there is NOTHING in writing until the month before when they send you a confirmation (still one month away for us) of all your choices. I did not book my Palo since she is supposed to do it, but have no idea what time that will be.

I just wish September would get here NOW!!!!

xoxheather420oxo
07-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Yeah I agree the problem is definetly that she is handling all the DCL weddings. It does bother me that there is nothing in writing i was told that by the end of this month (now that its July) I should receive some kind of briefing packet from Disney that should have all the details however i think its a horrible practice to have people pay for something and not get a written receipt or anything until a month before the wedding.

DAKLNiddy
07-01-2008, 09:43 AM
There's a good possibility we'll be on your cruise celebrating our anniversary!! That's the same cruise we took last year for our honeymoon, so we thought, why not do it again! We loved it so much!

CSwan1
07-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Maybe I should email DFW and see if they want to hire an out of state experienced DCL bride as a second wedding consultant. I would love to help. DH and I were married onboard the Disney Wonder on May 19th 2006. We planned this very quickly so I don't have all the great planning stories like you guys. This past May, we went back for a 4 night for our 2 yeay anniversary. While we were in the terminal, we met a couple getting married onboard. The bride to be was ver yfustrated as well with the lack of communication and information from DFW. I was happy to help her out with the questions I could answer for her. I will say that our onboard coordinator, Rodrigo, was FANTASTIC!! He couldn't have been more attentive. He was on the Wonder in May (we chatted for a bit at the Castaway Club reception). I hope he is there for you guys! I wish all my fellow DCL and DFW brides the best day ever!!!

Goldeelox9
07-01-2008, 11:44 AM

I re-emailed her again. Ugh this stress is causing my face to break out, and I still have 4 months and 3 days to go! Thanks for reading. Do you have any insider tips I should know?

Crystal,

That is so nice of you to offer your assistance. I too had the same problems (lack of communication) for our upcoming vow renewal. I think part of it is there is only one person handling all the DCL weddings and vow renewals (until you get on the ship) while DFTW has a lot of different coordinators to handle all their weddings. I have gotten all my questions answered, but I too worry because there is NOTHING in writing until the month before when they send you a confirmation (still one month away for us) of all your choices. I did not book my Palo since she is supposed to do it, but have no idea what time that will be.

I just wish September would get here NOW!!!!

It was nice of her to offer help. There are some great girls here on the DIS boards. Let us know when you get your package.

There's a good possibility we'll be on your cruise celebrating our anniversary!! That's the same cruise we took last year for our honeymoon, so we thought, why not do it again! We loved it so much!

Oh..yay! Join us over here. It is a Thread for all the cruisers on our sailing. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1756524

Maybe I should email DFW and see if they want to hire an out of state experienced DCL bride as a second wedding consultant. I would love to help. DH and I were married onboard the Disney Wonder on May 19th 2006. We planned this very quickly so I don't have all the great planning stories like you guys. This past May, we went back for a 4 night for our 2 yeay anniversary. While we were in the terminal, we met a couple getting married onboard. The bride to be was ver yfustrated as well with the lack of communication and information from DFW. I was happy to help her out with the questions I could answer for her. I will say that our onboard coordinator, Rodrigo, was FANTASTIC!! He couldn't have been more attentive. He was on the Wonder in May (we chatted for a bit at the Castaway Club reception). I hope he is there for you guys! I wish all my fellow DCL and DFW brides the best day ever!!!

YES YES Do IT! LOL

29apr00
07-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Did you ever hear from your WP???

Goldeelox9
07-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Hi Lisa~ Just the fact that you received a Planning Kit from me and the cost of the Wedding package was added to your Cruise booking is confirmation that you are booked. We don't have a separate Wedding contract, because it is added directly to your cruise booking. Just to put you at ease...You are well......ahead of the planning process. This week I am working on two Weddings that just booked for July 17th and 20th, yes both less than three weeks prior to sailing and I have to get them all booked and their elements ordered before the Holiday weekend. I don't even need the Planning Kit or Marriage License application until 60 days prior to your sail date, per my email dated last October 11th. Right now I will not really be working on your event until we get to the 60 day prior to sail date time frame, so if you need to make and changes you will have until that time. I don't even turn your file over to Disney Cruise Line until 30 days prior to your sail date. At that time we will be working on a confirmation briefing that we will send to your home address confirming everything and if you need to make any changes to the final order that will be your opportunity to do that. Having a Wedding ceremony on Disney Cruise Line is much different that having a ceremony here at Walt Disney World. The ship handles events much different. The additional floral and additional guest fee will be charged at the 30 day prior to sailing time frame. I hope that this has taken some of the mystery and stress out of how your event will be handled. I am sure you will be very pleased with everything. I have been solely handling all of the Cruise Line Wedding for 7 years. Best Regards~

This is the Email I got from my Planner....I hope it helps everyone!

29apr00
07-02-2008, 08:32 AM
:confused3 does it put you at ease? Seems like she's giving you the brush off!!

pjstevens
07-02-2008, 08:43 AM
IT is a shame that only one person handles all the DCL weddings and vow renewals. What happens when they add the new ships to the fleet? I sent all my info in MONTHS ahead of time, wanting to make sure it was all ok. Now, I guess I have another month to make any changes, lol since we dont' sail until September 7th!!

Goldeelox9
07-02-2008, 09:09 AM
I can not wait until the new ships come onboard. We will be doing a anniversary Cruise then for sure!!!

I do feel better since I got this email!

cruisin'Mike
07-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi Lisa~ Just the fact that you received a Planning Kit from me and the cost of the Wedding package was added to your Cruise booking is confirmation that you are booked. We don't have a separate Wedding contract, because it is added directly to your cruise booking. Just to put you at ease...You are well......ahead of the planning process. This week I am working on two Weddings that just booked for July 17th and 20th, yes both less than three weeks prior to sailing and I have to get them all booked and their elements ordered before the Holiday weekend. I don't even need the Planning Kit or Marriage License application until 60 days prior to your sail date, per my email dated last October 11th. Right now I will not really be working on your event until we get to the 60 day prior to sail date time frame, so if you need to make and changes you will have until that time. I don't even turn your file over to Disney Cruise Line until 30 days prior to your sail date. At that time we will be working on a confirmation briefing that we will send to your home address confirming everything and if you need to make any changes to the final order that will be your opportunity to do that. Having a Wedding ceremony on Disney Cruise Line is much different that having a ceremony here at Walt Disney World. The ship handles events much different. The additional floral and additional guest fee will be charged at the 30 day prior to sailing time frame. I hope that this has taken some of the mystery and stress out of how your event will be handled. I am sure you will be very pleased with everything. I have been solely handling all of the Cruise Line Wedding for 7 years. Best Regards~

This is the Email I got from my Planner....I hope it helps everyone!

Thanks for posting this Lisa. I was wondering when we should hear from them again. We're 46 days out, so we should be receiving something in the near future.

DisneyDmbNut
07-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Hey Lisa - sorry this is causing you trouble.. Cathy told me last August that I would not turn in my paperwork until May and even then, she had to email me to get it..LOL. I am alittle slow on the planning

I didn't get my confirmation packet until when?? 2 weeks ago so 30 days before I sail? She apparently goes on some of the sailings to assist with wedding, so I think that is why she is out alot..I have sent her MANY emails in the last 2 months (again, I am slow on the planning) and she has always gotten back to me when she had the answers (she has to send any questions or requests to the ship for answers) I think she met with the florist about the first of june to discuss my floral

I am not making excuses for her..I am just trying to maybe explain the process that i understand happens

ie: I asked her last week if there was a plug in the Palo Room she got back to me last night because, she had to wait for an answer from the ship..the cake was going to be set up on Deck until she requested on my behalf that it be set up in the Palo Room instead..

Goldeelox9
07-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Isn't thier a CD player in Palo? I did get my answers....But I don't like waiting. I think alot of the problems are that I see the other Disney Brides (gettiing married at the parks) and I am jelous that thier planners are so on top of it. They are in constant contact. It is the unknown I hate. I wish there was a time line you get in the beginning. I honestly just wish I got answers right away (or at all), even if they were just answers saying I have to contact the ship and then a follow up. I think things are going to be ok. I got a semi time line and I think communication will get better!

DisneyDmbNut
07-02-2008, 09:58 PM
it will, I promise!!

I am using a ipod player..I made a playlist of all our favorite songs to play during dinner. She said there is not just 1 but 2 plugs in Palo..this is great..my player runs on a battery too, but if I could plug it in..it would be better

she really has been great...(she got my room changed and the fee for switching waived) and like I said, got Palo to agree to having my cake set up in Palo. She also had me forward sheet music to her so she could send it to the ship for the musican to practice..

and I know someone that had a VR last september..they were allowed to buy the CD only...but they were told no until they actually talked to the photographer

figmentfan814
07-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Sorry to hear about all the problems you have all had getting in touch with the DCL coordinator, that must be so frustrating!

DisneyDmbNut
07-03-2008, 07:20 PM
oh no..we scared Lisa off!!

Goldeelox9
07-03-2008, 08:04 PM
NoNo....I am here. I actually had work to do today at work....LOL

Thank you all for all of your support!

Risnsun
07-05-2008, 11:56 PM
I totally understand your frustration. We are getting married on 9/12 on the ship and I wanted to plan excursions, for when we are on nassau. However she said the time slots are not filled in until a couple of weeks before the cruise. Well, I made my reservations at Palo for 6pm because they had mentioned the wedding would be between 430pm and 530pm. That is not actually true. The captain decides the time of your wedding. So she might have to change the Palo reservations for me.

My frustrations are the same as yours. All I want is to see is an invoice at least that says I paid for a wedding on the ship.

Plus you can't plan half of the excursions because you won't be back in time to get ready if you have a 430pm ceremony. Another tip is, until she actually starts to work on your wedding, you can't schedule a hair appointment either until, you are closer out to the wedding, however Cathy says she will pick the appropriate time and make sure it is booked.

Goldeelox9
07-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I am glad I got the answers to most of my questions. I can not wait to here about your wedding. It is going to be great!

Goldeelox9
07-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Ok Ok not THEE wedding dress, but this is the dress I am going to be wearing to dinner the night of the wedding and the dress I am going to be wearing at dinner the night we get married and also at the Baltimore Party....Sneak peak for anyone who will be at the party!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3081/2635538424_a0f7ee9c37_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/2634714191_7111ac4d8a_m.jpg

When I bought it it didn't fit....Now it does and the top is way too big and it fits every where else. I am going to need to have it taken in.

xoxheather420oxo
07-06-2008, 12:59 PM
The dress is cute!!! I didn't get anything to wear to dinner the night of the wedding though I will probably bring a dress with me...but for my at home reception I'm actually wearing a teal halter dress I didn't want to wear white probably because i'm being spiteful about the party lol..

Goldeelox9
07-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Why are you being spiteful about the Party? Cause you didn't want a big to do? I am excited about our at home party. It is low key and should be fun!

xoxheather420oxo
07-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah we didn't want the party we are kind of being forced into the party we agreed to it but now we are up to like 200+ people and I only know like 40 of them lol...I don't like being center of attention.

Goldeelox9
07-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Oh Heather I am sorry! That does suck. I thankfully will know 99% of my guests!!

xoxheather420oxo
07-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah well the party wound up being more for my future mother inlaw then for us. She is inviting everyone who she has ever known at least thats how it seems then again she is paying for the party so who am I to complain??? hmmmm lol..

DisneyDmbNut
07-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Wow Lisa!! You look great!!!

I think I saw your wedding dress (at least one that you posted with the sparkles on top) yesterday

Goldeelox9
07-06-2008, 03:05 PM
That Sucks Heather.

Thank you....I love my wedding dress sooo much! I cannot wait to wear it!

shezfrombermuda
07-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Your reception dress is very cute! It looks very nice on you.

MUDisneyCouple
07-06-2008, 06:18 PM
I have a dress almost exactly like that and I wore it on DCL!!! I love it...it was way too big in the chest for me too, and I had it taken in. I got mine at Dillard's! Great taste :thumbsup2

29apr00
07-06-2008, 07:08 PM
What a cute dress! I love it!

Flurbee
07-06-2008, 10:14 PM
I like your dress!! Very pretty.....:):banana:

29apr00
07-07-2008, 07:39 AM
What are you going to wear to your at home reception?? Your DCL dress?

DisneyLaura
07-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Lisa, love your dress.

pjstevens
07-08-2008, 05:35 AM
Lisa,

Your dress is so cute! Great job on the weight loss. By November, you'll need to have that dress altered (or be shopping for another, lol, any reason to buy another dress here). Again congrats and keep up the good work!

padisneyfour
07-08-2008, 06:52 AM
that dress for dinner/Baltimore party is very cute.... it looks so light and airy:goodvibes your are getting closer....

Goldeelox9
07-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Your reception dress is very cute! It looks very nice on you.

Thank you so much. I knew if I didn't get a "Summer" Dress now by October I woulsn't be able to find one.

I have a dress almost exactly like that and I wore it on DCL!!! I love it...it was way too big in the chest for me too, and I had it taken in. I got mine at Dillard's! Great taste :thumbsup2

Thank you! Why do they make the chests so big all the time. Some of us girls arn't that blessed!

What a cute dress! I love it!

I like your dress!! Very pretty.....:):banana:

Thanks Girls!

What are you going to wear to your at home reception?? Your DCL dress?

Nope I am wearing this dress. I don't want to be way more fomral then our guests and we are having a casual party!

Lisa, love your dress.

;) Thanks me too! LOL

Lisa,

Your dress is so cute! Great job on the weight loss. By November, you'll need to have that dress altered (or be shopping for another, lol, any reason to buy another dress here). Again congrats and keep up the good work!

I hope I won't need to buy another....I looked so hard for this one. But if I lose enough weight I need another it won't be too horrible!

that dress for dinner/Baltimore party is very cute.... it looks so light and airy:goodvibes your are getting closer....

I am ....Under 4 months. YAY! :banana:

Philadisney
07-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi Lisa, I just read through your PJ and it sounds like your wedding is going to be so much fun! I hope the planning isn't too stressful for you and I look forward to reading all about your awesome trip!

hlrababy
07-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Ok Ok not THEE wedding dress, but this is the dress I am going to be wearing to dinner the night of the wedding and the dress I am going to be wearing at dinner the night we get married and also at the Baltimore Party....Sneak peak for anyone who will be at the party!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3081/2635538424_a0f7ee9c37_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/2634714191_7111ac4d8a_m.jpg

When I bought it it didn't fit....Now it does and the top is way too big and it fits every where else. I am going to need to have it taken in.

I love that dress!!! It is so pretty!! I love summery white dresses! :)

Goldeelox9
07-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Ann, DF's sister brought me my Veil that his Mom made. It is almost perfect! She made it with the thought I would be wearing the top layer over my face, but I don’t like that. It has lots of sparkles and the ones on the top layer (the layer she thought would go over my face) are attached inside out. I have ordered a new supply and I plan on attaching them to the right side, so they will kinda be double sided. I also hate the trim at the bottom, I wanted the bottom like a pencial edge with the silver thread I send her, but she kinda just hemmed it. I hope since the fullness and the length are so prefect it really won’t matter! I wish I knew how to sew I would attache beads all along the bottom to fancy it up! But, I do love it and I wore it all around the house last night. I am so happy she made this for me. It really makes it special! I will take pictures tonight and post them!

padisneyfour
07-11-2008, 12:09 PM
:bride: your veil sounds lovely! I am glad you like it too! looking forward to seeing the pics.

Crown_princess
07-16-2008, 12:16 AM
I am doing my own Makeup for the wedding and most likely my hair too. I have long curley hair and every time I have had it done (prom, other weddings, etc.) it has not looked good. The Disney Cruiseline doesn't have a makeup person, so I plan on buying good make up and doing it myself. So this brings me to Eyelashes. Mine a long, but I want them to POP. I didn't want to get to the cruise and then have to learn how to apply fake ones, so I have been playing around at home with them. I am getting pretty good. What do you think? Do you girls think it will be ok if I just do them myself?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2347/2102382340_e37a6a7033.jpg

What beautiful eyes!

Goldeelox9
07-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks....Just a tip on the fake eyelashes...DO NOT GET GLUE IN YOUR EYE! Don't ask me how I know! LOL

Goldeelox9
07-22-2008, 11:06 AM
I got my Veil from my FMIL. I added some Crystal's on the reverse side and now it is perfect.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/2687935310_214a76a7f2_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3099/2687120341_2e5402b96a_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3293/2687933500_aae73034f5_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3239/2687934818_aab763b599_m.jpg

I also went to David's Bridal....HATE THEM....To get my Crinoline. I wanted the medium full one. The lady tried to tell me all they had was the super full one and I needed to buy that. When I refused she "found" the last med. one in my size. Are you shocked that is was $20 less then the super full one. I also ordered these "Sleves".

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/2689534442_dcfcf7cae7_m.jpg

I saw another DIS bride have them. Since I have lost weight my upper arms are kinda flaby and I am worried about how it will look. I have been trying to tone them up. but I am at almost 100 days so I don't know how they will look.

xoxheather420oxo
07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
very pretty :) my veil also has crystals on it...I think it just adds something!

29apr00
07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
The veil looks beautiful!!

Congrats on the weight loss, AND 100 days!! WOO HOOO!!

figmentfan814
07-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I love the Mickey crystals on the veil; that's great your MIL did it for you.

I hate David's Bridal too, I'm glad you were able to get what you needed without too much trouble.

The sleeves are great, it's better to have something than to worry about it. My MOH was worried about her arms, so we had a jacket for her to wear. She wore it part of the day and then felt comfortable enough to take it off later.

Goldeelox9
07-22-2008, 12:04 PM
When I bought my dress I was ok with my arms...they weren't skinney, but they weren't flabby. Now though (over 30 pounds later) they are getting flaby. I bought a shawl, but don't like it so I thought I would try these sleeves. They were $30 so if I hate them it's no great loss.

Thank you about my veil. I love that my MIL made it. Makes it so much more special.

Flurbee
07-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Love the veil....I like the mickey crystals!! Good job on the weight loss!! :thumbsup2

PixyDusted
07-25-2008, 09:14 AM
The veil looks great! I love those Mickeys on them. :-)

Did you get the sleeves b/c you're worried you're going to be cold?

Goldeelox9
07-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Mikkel :hug: I missed you!

No I got the sleeves cause I am not sure if I will be comfortable with my fat arms on display! LOL :lmao:

ohanaMAMA
07-26-2008, 04:55 PM
ohh girl. You are going to look so beautiful that day. Your arms are just fine :confused3 BUT Im glad that you bought the sleeves, just so you will feel more comfy. WE will think you look great without them though.:bride:

Lynn5700
07-26-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm all caught up!! You are beautiful Lisa..you will make a gorgeous bride..I love the veil!!

PixyDusted
07-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Mikkel :hug: I missed you!

No I got the sleeves cause I am not sure if I will be comfortable with my fat arms on display! LOL :lmao:

Aw...come on! You know you'll look magnificent! Esp. with the weight you lost (as shown in the white dress here!). I've been thinking about Weight Watchers DAILY now...too bad I had sweet potato french fries today. I COULDN'T RESIST! I guess that's part of the problem. :confused3

Anyway....back to you and your PJ ;-)

Goldeelox9
07-28-2008, 10:31 AM
ohh girl. You are going to look so beautiful that day. Your arms are just fine :confused3 BUT Im glad that you bought the sleeves, just so you will feel more comfy. WE will think you look great without them though.:bride:

Thank you so much Michele! I am not sure I will need them, but for $30 I will be glad to have them, PLUS if it is chilly they will be good!

I'm all caught up!! You are beautiful Lisa..you will make a gorgeous bride..I love the veil!!

Thank you so much Lynn. I sent pictures of your Bouquet for Disney Floral to use as a guide for mine!

Aw...come on! You know you'll look magnificent! Esp. with the weight you lost (as shown in the white dress here!). I've been thinking about Weight Watchers DAILY now...too bad I had sweet potato french fries today. I COULDN'T RESIST! I guess that's part of the problem. :confused3

Anyway....back to you and your PJ ;-)

Thank you so much sweetie!

So I am 98 days away from my wedding day and I am getting so very excited! I can not wait. I am still not sure how much spending money we will have (cause I can't stop shopping now...LOL) and I am really sad Pete's Best man and one of his groomsmen have backed out (UGH!). I feel bad for him and mad at these losers for saying they would go and then to back out at the last minute. I am so excited about this wedding though and I know DF is too!

padisneyfour
07-28-2008, 10:45 AM
sorry about your df best man and grooms man backing out,:confused3 but your plans all sound wonderful and you are getting closer! Your veil looks beautiful too!:goodvibes

xoxheather420oxo
07-28-2008, 11:14 AM
I hear ya on the guys backing out..I feel horrible that the only Family my fiance will have there is his mother....I will at least have a few more but then again when we have our at home party he will have way more relatives then I will there lol....I can't believe its 3 months for you it is very exciting...!!! I am sure it will all work out and you will have a beautiful wedding!

Goldeelox9
07-28-2008, 12:08 PM
sorry about your df best man and grooms man backing out,:confused3 but your plans all sound wonderful and you are getting closer! Your veil looks beautiful too!:goodvibes

I don't understand it....If the guys didn't have the money to go then don't say you will go. Don't make us order $10 favors for you and your kids/Guest and don't make DF buy you "thank you" gifts. UGH! Losers. I am so mad at these guys. I know for a fact one of them got $4,000 back from his taxes and instead of sending it to us blew it on DUMB stuff and now doesn't have the cash to go! UGH! ............. Anyway we still have about 26 guests so it will be a good time!

I hear ya on the guys backing out..I feel horrible that the only Family my fiance will have there is his mother....I will at least have a few more but then again when we have our at home party he will have way more relatives then I will there lol....I can't believe its 3 months for you it is very exciting...!!! I am sure it will all work out and you will have a beautiful wedding!

3 Months is nothing compared to you.....You have no time at all! I am so excited for your wedding and glad everything worked out.

sandysplayhouse
07-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Your veil is BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!

Don't stress about the groomsmen... :hug:
My DSIL also had his best man back out on him and it was not because of money... we offered to fly him out here to California from Virginia, hotel and all expenses... all he had to do was show up and wear his military uniform... he was all thrilled and couldn't wait to come out and was all excited about the plans... then just stopped answering his phone and emails as it got closer to the wedding. We were never able to get a hold of him to book flights or anything. My DSIL was VERY disappointed and couldn't believe his "best buddy" would do this to him... my DD on the other hand was thrilled as this is the ONE friend of my DSIL that she didn't like as he was the "bad" influence friend. She felt bad for her DF, but inside was thrilled he was not coming. LOL, so things worked out for the best. :rolleyes1

MUDisneyCouple
07-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about the groomsmen...that is so sad! I would be really pissed too if someone had done that to my DH. It would make me SO mad to see him hurt like that.

On the other hand...your wedding is getting SO close!! How exciting!!! I don't think I told you, but your veil with the hidden Mickeys is beautiful!!!

DisneyMissy318
07-30-2008, 08:02 AM
Hey Lisa... all caught up again! Congrats on the weight loss! You look fantastic! (I know how HARD all of that is). You are so organized - I love everything you have picked out. I know it will be a wonderful wedding!

dizneylvr7
08-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Lisa

I love your veil!! Where did you get the mickey crystals, and how did you attach them to your veil?

Thanks
Tiffany

Goldeelox9
08-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Tiffany,

They are Swarski (sp?) Crystals. I bought two differant sizes off of Ebay and we attached the, with Bead Glue sold by the same person on Ebay. The ones on the top layer are glues on the front and back, like bead to bead.

Didn't my MIL do a great job!

Goldeelox9
08-07-2008, 08:53 PM
I got two new Wedding things in the Mail today:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3157/2743177290_59e9edac5c.jpg

HISTORY OF THE WEDDING DRESS LABEL:

In the 20’s and 30’s, couture gown designers starting designing personalized labels for their clients, and attaching them inside the gowns. Now brides can use this special touch to make wedding gowns truly their own. When the tradition of labels for wedding gowns started, it was seen as the last time a bride would use her maiden name. So the bride’s full maiden name and wedding date was sewn into the gown. More recently, brides began choosing to put their name and the groom’s name on the label with the wedding date. Today, anything goes—from nicknames, monograms, or symbols—whatever the bride feels has the most meaning for her.

These labels are sewn into your wedding gowns lining at the hem, or inside the top of the gown, where a typical clothing label would go. They can be sewn in any color, but are most commonly done in blue for the traditional “Something Blue.” They can even be sewn as a pocket to hold something special, like a good luck charm, or other precious item that you want to have with you on your wedding day. After the wedding, the label becomes a memento for future generations to have the name and date from the day the dress was worn. This is a special touch for a dress that will be handed down. And if you decide not to keep the dress, the label can be removed, and kept as a memento of the gown-perhaps to be placed in your wedding scrapbook, next to a picture of the dress.

Whatever you choose to have stitched on the label, it is a wonderful way to make “The Dress” truly your own.

I also got my Garter! I love it. It have a button on the front with my New Monogram L R L and it has the Date sewn inside. It also has sparkles sprinkled on it!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3199/2742340971_8020376270.jpg

padisneyfour
08-07-2008, 09:14 PM
lisa, I like the dress label and love the color of you garter!!!:goodvibes

Risnsun
08-08-2008, 06:52 AM
Love The Garter!!!

29apr00
08-08-2008, 07:40 AM
The dress label is so pretty!! And WOW your garter is beautiful!! I love that color!

xoxheather420oxo
08-08-2008, 07:47 AM
I have never heard of a wedding label and if I had, before now (since i only have 2 weeks to go) I probably would have bought one I think thats an awesome idea. My garter will be my something blue. All I still need to find is my something old lol...

Goldeelox9
08-08-2008, 07:58 AM
lisa, I like the dress label and love the color of you garter!!!:goodvibes

Thank you! I wanted my girls in the Hot Pink Color,, but love the dresses we now have.

Love The Garter!!!

Thank you!

I have never heard of a wedding label and if I had, before now (since i only have 2 weeks to go) I probably would have bought one I think thats an awesome idea. My garter will be my something blue. All I still need to find is my something old lol...

The Wedding dress lable is something I fell in love with. I don't know why, maybe because it was new and I had never heard of it.

The dress label is so pretty!! And WOW your garter is beautiful!! I love that color!

Thank you!!!!

shezfrombermuda
08-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Lisa, I just caught up on your journal. Everything looks great, love your veil! It turned out so well! Sorry to hear about the best man and groomsman. One of my groomsmen has backed out and not for financial reasons. He said he would be in the wedding party and then months later changed his mind because he will not wear a tuxedo. Him and his family are still coming to the wedding though and now I have two bridesmaids and one best man. Ugggh!
Congratulations on your weight loss!

MUDisneyCouple
08-09-2008, 08:26 AM
When my grandma used to make me clothes (when I was like 8!!), she used to put her "own" lables in my clothes with her initials and mine with the date. I just always thought she did it so I wouldn't feel left out b/c my clothes didn't have labels...maybe she was doing it as a throw back to her "era"? Thanks for sharing.

Love the garter by the way...those colors pop!

Goldeelox9
08-10-2008, 08:33 PM
GUESS WHAT????? Thursday night I went to sleep and I was up almost every hour. I couldn't sleep at all! Not at all! Why you ask? Well because at 7:00am I needed to call to try to book a Wishes Cruise! Well by 6:15am or so I said forget this and just got up. I had pre called so I knew what numbers to push to get an opperator. I started calling on two separate phones at 6:58am at 6:59am I got the automated system and before 7am I had a live operator. I GOT THE WISHES CRUISE! I am sooo excited. It will be Pete and I, My BFF Nikki, and her husband and Daughter (my flower girl) & My favorite Dis'er Mikkel and her DF. We still have three spots open if anyone is interested in a Wishes Fireworks Cruise on November 6, 2008! The cost will be $29.28 per person for 3 people. Send me a PM if you want to join a great group of people on a fabulous Cruise!

29apr00
08-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Congrats on the wishes cruise!! That's wonderful! And so great you and Mikkel get to meet!

xoxheather420oxo
08-11-2008, 07:53 AM
What is a wishes cruise and how do you book it??

29apr00
08-15-2008, 08:23 AM
LIsa - i quickly scanned thru your pg but couldn't find anything about what you have DF wearing. Is he wearing a tux or suit or what? And is he wearing the same thing for your MK photo shoot? I would so love to do photo shoot, but i almost feel like we can't since DH won't be wearing a tux. :confused3

padisneyfour
08-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Lisa, Yeah!:banana:congrats on booking a wishes cruise! That is AWESOME!!! We loved ours! ENJOY!!!!:goodvibes

Goldeelox9
08-15-2008, 08:45 AM
What is a wishes cruise and how do you book it??
A Wishes Cruise is a Pontoon Boat that will pick us up at the Grand Floridian and cruise us around Bay Lake (During the Honeymoon) and it is during Wishes!

Congrats on the wishes cruise!! That's wonderful! And so great you and Mikkel get to meet!

Thanks...I love Mikkel...I feel like I know her already. It is so fun to have someone planning a DCL wedding to talk to...who knows what I mean when I complain. She is a Fabulous Girl and I can not wait for the Fireworks Cruise!

Lisa, Yeah!:banana:congrats on booking a wishes cruise! That is AWESOME!!! We loved ours! ENJOY!!!!:goodvibes

Thank you...I can not Wait!

Goldeelox9
08-15-2008, 08:52 AM
LIsa - i quickly scanned thru your pg but couldn't find anything about what you have DF wearing. Is he wearing a tux or suit or what? And is he wearing the same thing for your MK photo shoot? I would so love to do photo shoot, but i almost feel like we can't since DH won't be wearing a tux. :confused3

Well finally I can post about this.....It has taken us this long to figure it all out. The Original plan was for DF to get a Linen suit and wear the pants and this shirt on the beach for the wedding:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3075/2765592776_56b71c0974_o.gif

Then he was to wear the suit and a regular shirt and Tie to the Magic Kingdom Photos. Well...The Linen Jacket didn't fit right, we tried a few and they all were horrible. So now he is wearing the Linen Pants and that shirt for the Wedding on the beach and for the Magic Kingdom Photos he got a really nice dark brown suit and is going to wear a white dress shirt and a pink tie (Don't I have the greatest guy!!) to match my flowers.

xoxheather420oxo
08-15-2008, 08:54 AM
The wishes cruise sounds cool but I think my fiance would kill me if i added something else at this point lol...so close yet so far....

Goldeelox9
08-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Mine would too that is why it is a "Surprise for him" LOL!!! :rotfl: He can't get mad at a surprise. LOL

29apr00
08-15-2008, 09:01 AM
A pink tie!! WOW he does love you!! :lmao: My dh wouldn't wear anything pink!

Hmm....never thought about a suit for the MK photos. More to think about!

So where did you find the linen pants?

Goldeelox9
08-15-2008, 09:27 AM
He does...Don't you think a Hot Pink Tie would look good with a Dark Brown Suit and my Hot Pink Flowers and a Hot Pink Rose for him?

Yeah nice suit will look great in the Magic Kingdom Photos....You have to do them...They Scream DISNEY BRIDE!

I got the Linen Pants online at the Casual Male Store (Big & Tall). But if you google linen pants you will be able to find them no problem!

29apr00
08-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Sounds good!

padisneyfour
08-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Mine would too that is why it is a "Surprise for him" LOL!!! :rotfl: He can't get mad at a surprise. LOL

I surprised my DH with ours for our anniversary trip. I even had given others that went with us a cute little invite stating it was a surprise..... as we were going all he keep saying I was I know nothing ( sort of like he was left out of something)and he was surprised! Now the ongoing joke at our house, is when my one dd talks too much( she is normal teen and does love to talk) he'll will say can't you keep a secret and she'll respond yes I can , don't you remember I kept one for weeks about the wishes cruise:rotfl: ..... gotta love kids....:goodvibes Your DF will be surprised and will enjoy it too!:goodvibes

MUDisneyCouple
08-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Kudos on the pink tie! It will look great with your flowers!!! My DH will barely wear brown much less pink!!!

ohanaMAMA
08-19-2008, 04:06 PM
oooo I love pink and brown together. That will look GREAT with the flowers and all.

keenercam
08-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Wow, Lisa, it is all coming together so beautifully! :goodvibes The dress label and the garter are beautiful touches, and DH's wedding shirt is going to look great! :thumbsup2 Congrats on getting the WISHES cruise! :woohoo: What a great surprise. Can't wait for you to post pics when you get back! :banana:

Flurbee
08-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Lisa,

Just caught up on your PJ. Everything looks really great. I love the wedding dress label, I have never heard of that before...Where did you have yours made? Congrats on getting the wishes cruise too!! That is so exciting!:goodvibes I have never heard of that either. Good thing I am on these boards or I would be in the dark about so many things!!:lmao: