PDA

View Full Version : Programme last night on Tourets Syndrome

debatha
02-28-2002, 03:42 AM
Did anyone else watch the programme last night with John and Greg suffering from Touret's Syndrome?

I had seen the first one in 89. I cried for the little boy Greg last night it was so sad.:( Especially the part when he said he did feel like saying bad words but really didn't want to and at the end when he said he was going to be a scientist ad find a cure for Touret's Syndrome.

I thought the way John, the Scot, had coped with it was fantastic he had a great sense of humour. I was laughing and crying in parts.

Deb

WDWfan,uk
02-28-2002, 03:45 AM
Hi Deb - I'm moving your post onto the UK Community Board.

BevS97
02-28-2002, 04:09 AM
Hi Deb, I saw it too, and felt for the little lad - he is going to have such a tough time and it must be so hard to know that this is going to be happening forever and that there is no known cure. I thought the bit where he was going to blast the bit of the gene was very cute, made me smile!

Bev

Mazzy
02-28-2002, 05:41 AM
I taped this, so it's good to hear it is worth watching, I will try to watch it tonight :D

MickeyMcMouse
02-28-2002, 06:01 AM
We are in Galashiels and have known John since before the first programme. He is a regular in my shop, but that still does not stop you getting a fright when he comes in and " roars ". ;)

I don't know if you noticed the difference between the first film and the second - in the first everybody stared. In the second nobody does. He's a very down to earth guy that everyone gets on well with and is as much part of our community as anyone else.

David.

BONZO
02-28-2002, 06:45 AM
I remember the first documentary when it came on.

I thought last nights programme was handled really well and it was heartning to see that John had a great sense of humour.

TracyK
02-28-2002, 10:01 AM
Deb - I was like you, one minute I was crying and the next I was laughing. Greg was just so gorgeous and I wept for his parents. I hope that the symptoms aren't too bad when he reaches adulthood.
David - What a lovely man John is. I thought it was great to see him involved with the community.
Tracy