PDA

View Full Version : JaxTeach's Wedding & Honeymoon TR: 6/11 Day 1 Honeymoon Added!

JaxTeach
12-29-2007, 08:42 AM
We're back from Paris! We had the best time I could imagine. I am very happy that I believe DH has caught my travel bug, which is fantastic. We're already planning out our next adventure.

I'm going to post a couple of days of my TR that I typed up on the flight home. Northwest Airlines kindly seperated DH and I for our 9+ hour flight home so I had nothing better to do! The first day or so of my TR will be light on pictures, but we have over 1200 pictures from our honeymoon and 1000 from the wedding just from family cameras so there will be photos-- I just have to edit them!

Our Disney professional photos have been posted. I snagged a few to share... I'm not happy with some of them because they appear to be crooked. Here are just a few. We had MK and Epcot Bridal portraits and then the Epcot honeymoon session.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DisneyProfessionalCollage.jpg

Kristen14
12-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Congratulations Jaclyn! Your pics look AMAZING! I cant wait to see more!!

JaxTeach
12-29-2007, 09:32 AM
This was my first day off of work. Since I am a teacher, I had to take 3 days off for the wedding. Our county’s schools got out on our wedding day for Winter Break. Dan decided to work Wednesday and half of Thursday because he used up all of his vacation days earlier this year when he was planning on changing jobs…oops! His employer has been very kind, though, and allowed him to “borrow” his 5 or so days needed for our honeymoon from next year’s leave.

My day began with a trip to the doctor. I caught a bit of a bug after being an extreme Bridezilla Friday night. My immune system had to be very susceptible at that point and a little bit of karma got me for being so mean to DH. I was able to see my old doctor who had gone on sabbatical a while back and now practices at my current clinic. He was very nice and understood the situation—getting married in 2 days, leaving the country for 1 week. He gave me a prescription for an antibiotic that I could fill later if I wasn’t feeling better before we left for Paris. He also gave me something to address my nose issues. I actually saw the doctor and was in my car before my appointment time which I loved!

After the doctor, it was off to the tanning salon. Since tanning salons want to sell a package to everyone, I convinced my salon to give me 2 spray tans and 1 trip to their Hydration Station. Today I was set to do the Hydration Station and then spray tan. I have to say that I just might go back for the Hydration Station. It’s a big pod looking thing that you lay down in. It gets super hot and there’s a lot of steam. It was so relaxing and lasted about 20 minutes. When I got out my skin was so smooth! I headed over to spray tan and tried to be super careful about where I put the enhancer and the blocker. The last time I tanned my feet looked disgusting for a few days and I didn’t want that at the wedding! I grilled the girl working on ways to minimize areas of over tanning because I knew some spot would have too much. She called the manager and told me some concoction to mix up… or just use Clorox wipes in the shower. I made a mental note to pick those up before I left for Orlando and was on my way.

I missed my nail appointment so I had to reschedule for later that afternoon. I went home to my mom and tried to finish packing our suitcases. We were packing for almost a week at Disney followed by a week in Paris. Two very different styles of dress and temperatures so it was not exactly fun. I had to pull out all of my packing skills gained from years of moving around as a military brat. Upon arrival in Paris, it was discovered that DH actually packed way more clothes that I did… I ran out of clothes on the 4th day, he was going strong until the end!

At 2:00pm I went to JCPenney’s to have my nails done. I normally have nice nails and they grow fast. With all of our wedding crafts and mandatory pre-trip housecleaning that went on the previous couple of weeks, I had broken several nails and decided to have tips put on for a uniform look. I explained to the lady that I had never had “fake” nails and wasn’t excited about having them, but I had to. I did not like having my real nails filed down! She was going to do a French manicure, but I requested an “American” manicure because I thought it looked more natural than the stark white of the French. The American manicure is the same as the French, but instead of the pink coat on top, they put a beige color (I think??). I really liked the outcome as I felt it looked fairly natural. I still have the acrylics on and I dread getting them taken off! I paid and was headed home to load up my car, load up the cat, and drive to MCO.

Dan was home once I got there as was my mom, dad, niece, and nephew. I had my mom entertain the munchkins while Dan, my dad, and I loaded up the car. We ended up loading Dan’s car as well to see what was going to fit where. We are not people who travel light, which is very strange considering all of the traveling we’ve all done. I had to transport my Buster cat and leave room for my cousin and her caravan of luggage once I got her from MCO. Everything fit, but I would later discover that I left a very important item at home.
My cousin called in the middle of all this to say she had arrived at ATL and would be headed to MCO soon. She’s 19, but she hasn’t flown a lot by herself so I requested she phone me when she could. Her phone call meant I had to GO! I was on the verge of tears because as I start the car I realize I’ve only been to MCO one time in my life and that was with a friend to drop her boyfriend off. I had no clue where I was going! I rudely yelled at Dan to run inside to get the GPS so I could find the airport. After my mini breakdown, I was on my way.

My GPS took me down OBT which I was not happy about. And of course I had no cash on me which had me contemplating the penalties for running toll booths. I managed to scrounge up the 75 cents required to get to the airport and prayed Becki (my cousin) had some money on her. I was pleased to see that MCO has a cell phone waiting lot so I parked there and waited for Becki to call. We had to rearrange some things in the car, including the cat, but we managed to load all of her “can’t live without them” accessories. We headed to my brother’s house hoping there were limited tolls along the way. I made the man at one toll booth crack up when I anxiously asked him if there were any other tolls before the Disney area.

I took the wrong exit so my cousin got a little tour of Walt Disney World before we went to my brother’s apartment. Since he works nights at DAK it works out well when I need to crash on his couch for the night. Once we arrived I informed my cousin that my brother lives on the top floor and there is no elevator so she might want to bring only essential items with her. We still ended up with a bunch of crap, the Buster cat, and all of his accessories.

We finally settled into his apartment. I blew up the Aerobed for my cousin and made my bed on my brother’s couch. I headed to bed and my cousin did all of her young adult things—checked her MySpace, Facebook, started texting people and finally ended up talking on the phone ‘til God knows when in the morning. It’s hard to remember being able to stay up all hours of the night. I always think I’m pretty “with it” but this whole texting thing blows my mind! Becki was threatened if I heard her cell phone during my wedding ceremony!

Up next... Welcome Dinner

disneydani
12-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Welcome home! Your pics are beautiful...I am thrilled everything went so well for you! I look forward to reading all about it...Congratulations.

danielle

padisneyfour
12-29-2007, 09:59 AM
looking forward to your reports.... congrats on what looked like a dream wedding

caryndisneydiva
12-29-2007, 10:01 AM
this is great jaclyn, i always learn something from you...CLOROX WIPES! i hate when i look splotchy after fake tans, that's why i never get them!!! your pics look great! are your sig pics from dlp? it looks beautiful (and cold)...can't wait to read more! i'm so excited for you!!!!!

BayouPrincess
12-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Jaclyn,
What a great start to what I know is going to be a wonderful story. I love the pictures (sneak peeks are always great). Congratulations on your wedding. I'm looking forward to the rest of the fairy tale.popcorn::

Maggimus
12-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Congratulations!! You both look so happy!!:hug:

tlhbdm
12-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Congrats! I can't wait to here about Disneyland Paris.

JandJ
12-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Congratulations and welcome back! I can't wait to read your TR. I was in DL Paris back in 1992 so I'm anxious to read about how things have changed. You look beautiful in your wedding and honeymoon photos!! That pink top really suits you and I love how you got pix with the lavender carousel horse to match your bouquet :)

Pomlover2586
12-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Sounds great so far! I can't wait to read more!:goodvibes

helloirishkitty
12-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Congratulations and Welcome Back! Your pictures are so beautiful and most importantly, you both look SO happy. I can't wait to see more wedding pictures and read more about DLP- I've always wanted to go there! :goodvibes

Goldeelox9
12-29-2007, 07:58 PM
I can not wait to read all about it!!!

Ticky Toria 78
12-30-2007, 05:00 AM
Congratulations to you both. Love the pictures, can't wait to hear more!:surfweb:

JaxTeach
12-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Welcome home! Your pics are beautiful...I am thrilled everything went so well for you! I look forward to reading all about it...Congratulations.

danielle

Thank you! I was actually really surprised at how smooth everything went. Only 1 thing was not done properly by Disney... and that's fine with me (as long as I get a refund now).

looking forward to your reports.... congrats on what looked like a dream wedding
Thank you! I will slowly but surely get everything posted!

this is great jaclyn, i always learn something from you...CLOROX WIPES! i hate when i look splotchy after fake tans, that's why i never get them!!! your pics look great! are your sig pics from dlp? it looks beautiful (and cold)...can't wait to read more! i'm so excited for you!!!!!
The Clorox wipes did work well on the areas that were SUPER overtanned. My sig pics are from DLP. It WAS super cold for my Florida self. All of our photos look the same because we have our coats on in every picture. I also had on 2 scarves, ear muffs, tights under my jeans, thick socks... We've never actually lived in a cold climate, can ya tell??

Jaclyn,
What a great start to what I know is going to be a wonderful story. I love the pictures (sneak peeks are always great). Congratulations on your wedding. I'm looking forward to the rest of the fairy tale.popcorn::
Thank you! I'm awful about keeping people in suspense, I get too excited and want to share everything!

Congratulations!! You both look so happy!!:hug:
Thank you! DH was certainly tired of smiling by our dessert party on our wedding day-- Randy was so great about teasing him about smiling.

Congrats! I can't wait to here about Disneyland Paris.
Thanks! I will do my best to report on DLP! It wasn't my favorite Disney park, but it is visually the most beautiful (IMO).

Congratulations and welcome back! I can't wait to read your TR. I was in DL Paris back in 1992 so I'm anxious to read about how things have changed. You look beautiful in your wedding and honeymoon photos!! That pink top really suits you and I love how you got pix with the lavender carousel horse to match your bouquet :)
Thanks! So you were at DLP when it first opened? I'm sure we had two very different experiences considering how well received it was back then! :scared1: We had a great time though. I didn't even notice that I was matched up with a lavender horse-- but it looks nice!

Sounds great so far! I can't wait to read more!:goodvibes
Thanks for reading... I'm trying to finish Day 2 today.

Congratulations and Welcome Back! Your pictures are so beautiful and most importantly, you both look SO happy. I can't wait to see more wedding pictures and read more about DLP- I've always wanted to go there! :goodvibes
Thanks! It was such a surreal experience. We've been together for 5 years and lived together almost the entire time so it was just a celebration for us really, considering it has always felt as though we were married. It went by so quickly... I keep thinking how I want to do that again, but that's out... at least for another 20 years or so (we've banned ourselves from any vow renewal prior to that time!).

I can not wait to read all about it!!!
Thanks for reading!

Congratulations to you both. Love the pictures, can't wait to hear more!:surfweb:
Thank you! Hopefully I will get things posted in a timely manner... choosing pics to go with the story is the hardest part!

So I do hope to have our Welcome Dinner information posted later today. DH and I have been taking back wedding gifts and purchasing things we (ahem, I) really wanted from our registries. I was so excited to find the bedding I wanted for our bedroom on clearance at BBB yesterday. And since we haven't gone through our mail since God knows when, we had tons of 20% off coupons. :banana: We're off to purchase a few more items and hopefully I will work on Day 2 this evening.

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes for us and for reading! :hug:

sajilunni
12-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Congratulations! I have been eagerly anticipating your TR since reading your PJ. Your photos look great, and it sounds like you had a wonderful wedding. That sucks about being stuck without your hubby for 9 hours on the airplane. On our honeymoon to Rome, we spent the 9 hours together, but directly in front of the 2 smoking chairs which were continuously occupied. Aaaukk! That was a horrible flight.

Can't wait for the full story with pictures!

Jil

JaxTeach
01-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Thank you all so much for reading! We talked to everyone we could at the airport in Paris to try to sit together. We asked other passengers and nothing worked. I've written a complaint to NWA, but I know nothing will come of it. The frustrating thing is that I don't know if anyone who actually works for NWA works at Charles de Gaulle Airport in France... we asked and kept getting Air France employees. Argh!

I have an email out to Disney Photographic Services regarding our crooked castle. I'll let you know what they say and/or do.

On to Day 2........

Thursday, December 13 ~Welcome Dinner~

I had warned Becki that we had to get up early Thursday morning because we had a list of errands to run. The first of which was to have my dress steamed. I had called the David’s Bridal in Altamonte Springs Wednesday afternoon to see if they could steam it for me. No problem, but Altamonte is quite a drive when you’ve got limited time. I thought this was the only DB location in Orlando, but thanks to my GPS I found one near the Mall at Millennia. I called and they said they could have it ready by that night. Woohoo! Free steaming! I was so happy to save that money. They weren’t quite open yet when we arrived, but opened soon after. We left my dress with the alterations lady with an attitude (“Why did you wait until today?” Um… because I don’t live here??).

Anyway, with that we were off to find clothes for my cousin. Luckily, she liked a couple of things at Marshalls. She’s tiny and cute so anything looks fabulous on her. We had to run out to grab breakfast/lunch. We stopped at the choice restaurant of broke college students across the U.S.—Taco Bell. We ate quickly and then I told my cousin about the surprise I had planned for us. I called Wednesday and scheduled us for a Peppermint Pedicure at the Saratoga Springs Spa. They didn’t have time at Penney’s to do my pedicure since I missed my appointment, so I had to go somewhere. I thought that’d be a fun girly thing for us to do.

We arrived at SSR and headed for the spa. Neither of us had ever had a pedicure before and we were both impressed! The Peppermint Pedicure was a special thing they were doing for Christmas—basically there was just peppermint oil added to the water. I chose a berry red color for my toes, knowing my mother would question why I had to use red. The lady did a wonderful job on my pedicure! In fact, 3 weeks later it is still going strong. I’ve done quite a bit of walking since then and the polish still looks perfect. When we went to check out, it was $65 instead of the $55 I’d been quoted over the phone. However, the CM applied my AP discount even though DH had my pass in his wallet. Overall the SSR pedicure was an excellent experience!

After our pedicures it was time to find my parents’ rental house. Everyone (my parents and DH) had called to say they were on the road driving down from Jacksonville (about 2.5 hours away). My brother had issues finding the rental house that morning, but I found it quickly because one of the road names was different than it said on Google Maps. Becki and I got to the house and my parents and DH showed up shortly after.

The Rental House
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/RentalHouse.jpg

Dan and I had to rush off after we dropped off our enormous “Paris suitcase” because we still had to take all of our floral stuff to Chris’ (the Whimsical Wey owner) house. Thank goodness for our GPS! Even though it took us down toll roads (which I hate) we were zooming around town. We had to drive to Windemere and back to WDW. It was after 3pm by this time and our Welcome Dinner was at 5:00pm. We hit only a little traffic on the way to Windemere and even less on the road to WDW. Yay! We spoke to Reverend Jack Day at this point to confirm he would be officiating our ceremony.

We had yet to check in to BWI. When we got to the guard shack our parking pass was not there so we had to go up to the Valet area. We pull up and tell them we need our parking pass. I was driving and the young valet CM asked if we were going to valet park. I told him that we wanted to but we had no cash on us for a tip. This statement was followed by me telling him we were big losers but were trying to make it to our wedding Welcome Dinner at the Poly. He was laughing at me and told me not to worry about it. He and DH started unloading the car and I went to check in.

The CM at check in was awesome! I can’t recall her name off hand, but she was so excited for us. She asked if I was the bride and disappeared for a bit. She came back with 2 large cellophane bags and an envelope. Someone had left these fantastic gifts for us and I was overwhelmed! We also got our Magical Moments certificate from the Disney Honeymoon folks. The CM asked if I wanted my room key to have my new last name as a souvenir, which I did. I explained how we were trying to get to the Poly by 5:00pm and she finished checking us in quickly.

Our Gifts
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/KristinasGifts.jpg

DH and I rushed upstairs to our room to begin changing. I had grabbed by dress and shoes out of our suitcase before the bellman took it away, just in case they were slow in getting our bags upstairs. I took the quickest shower ever and changed. While I was showering, I had DH call Randy, Stan, Anna, and Karen (our WP). He left messages for everyone, which made me nervous. As I was finishing up the bellman brought our things. In the rush of everything I couldn’t find my deodorant so had to use DH’s and smelled like Old Spice all night!

We rushed out and on to the Poly where we met everyone in our party except DH’s parents. I felt so bad that we were almost the last people to show, but everyone was really kind. I went to check in and stressed to the older CM that we did not want ANY attention from the singing lady. He laughed and I told him I was 100% serious – that we just wanted to have a relaxing evening with our family. He said he would tell our server. We had no issues with the lady all night so I was very pleased.

Entire Table @ 'Ohana
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WelcomeDinner--Everyone.jpg

Summer & Becki @ 'Ohana
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/BeckiSummerWelcomeDinner.jpg

We had a fantastic meal at ‘Ohana. Most of our family had never eaten there and they really enjoyed their food. My niece and nephew did some of the kid games. They ended up with a butt load of leis and were giving them out to everyone. My nephew became a ladies’ man (he’s 3) as he did not want to stay seated. Every time I looked up he was talking to one of our female friends. He’s quite a ham.

My Mom, Niece (Summer) and Nephew (Tommy) in the Coconut Race
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WelcomeDinner-MomTommySummer.jpg

Towards the end of our meal (and I believe after Wishes) the chef came out to ask if I wanted the cake. I got so excited as I’d not seen the cake yet. So they wheel out our cake and I am blown away! It was so wonderful! It had the various Disney logos along with a white chocolate Mickey and milk chocolate Eiffel Tower. Perfection! I knew the cake would taste just as perfect—it was marble cake with strawberry mousse with fresh strawberries. Even though we didn’t want attention, we got a bunch of it with our cake! People were coming over and congratulating us and ogling at our cake. As the cake was being served, we started hearing our guests wonder if they would get the bananas foster bread pudding as well. I wasn’t sure so I asked one of our servers to please bring some out since most of our guests had not tried it and it is delicious.

Groom's Cake
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/GroomsCake.jpg

Dad & I with Groom's Cake
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WelcomeDinner--JaclynDadcake.jpg

Dan & I with Groom's Cake
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WelcomeDinner-JaclynDancake-1.jpg

After we attempted to put our nearest and dearest into sugar comas, it was time to go. We passed out our Welcome Folders (yeah, I never made it to the hotels to do that) and briefly discussed with everyone the plan for Friday.

DH got mad at me at this point. I told him that he would not be staying with me that night because our parents didn’t want us to. I already asked my cousin to spend the night with me since she’d have to get ready with me in the morning. DH very unhappy, but I stood my ground because I didn’t want to hear about it from the mothers.

My cousin and I left the Poly and headed to David’s Bridal to pick up my dress. I was so happy that it was done on time. We then went shoe shopping for her. While at Off 5th Avenue, Randy Chapman called to check in. He told me that Dan was absolutely clueless and I agreed. I had emailed Randy earlier and he knew exactly what I was planning so it worked out great. I also spoke with Anna from Makeover Magic in there somewhere. Dan spoke with Stan from STVS and Karen (our WP). I felt relieved and ready to get married having confirmed everything with our vendors.

I took my cousin by our rental house to pick up her things and we returned to BWI. Becki, DH and I all watched Illuminations from our balcony at BWI. We had a cool view because the Eiffel Tower was near us, which I loved. DH and I played around with our bride & groom ears while watching the fireworks. Afterwords, we opened up our 2 cellophaned gifts. They were both from my friend Kristina. We got some awesome stuff, including a $150 Disney gift certificate. We also got a plush bride/groom M&M, a beautiful Mickey throw, wedding ornament, personalized DVD case, bride & groom ears, and some other things.

DH and I watching Illuminations (Sorry for my Beyonce-esque pose... Perez Hilton readers understand!)
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JDIllumintations.jpg

DH and I with our gift
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JDwithGifts.jpg

After Illuminations and our gifts it was time for DH to go. He was still not happy, but he went to stay with his parents at BWV. Then I sort of set up everything for the following morning and decided I was exhausted. I had planned on washing my hair that night, but the bed was calling my name. We had sort of planned on going to Jellyrolls (DH, me, and 4 friends from NY) but it was closed… and I would have felt bad since my cousin isn’t 21. My last night as a single gal was quite uneventful.

Up next... When it's your wedding day, all the problems melt away.....

caryndisneydiva
01-02-2008, 07:01 PM
great tr so far jaclyn! we get an ap discount at the spas? is this true? i love reading your entries, i swear, i ALWAYS learn something from you!

lov2b@disney
01-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Everything sounds great! Love the grooms cake! Looking forward to more!

JaxTeach
01-02-2008, 08:18 PM
great tr so far jaclyn! we get an ap discount at the spas? is this true? i love reading your entries, i swear, i ALWAYS learn something from you!

Thanks Caryn! Yes, there is an AP discount (at least at the Saratoga Springs spa)... It was 10 or 15%, not much, but anything is good at Disney!

MayButterfly
01-02-2008, 09:13 PM
From one Jaclyn to another.. Congrats!! i've been searching for different trip reports and i love hearing about weddings at WDW so I decided to look at this board!!! i'm so jealous that you went to Paris!!!
Enjoying reading your report!

Keira1387
01-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Love everything so far! Can't wait to hear more!

JaxTeach
02-01-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm finally getting around to more of my TR. I've been out of commission for a bit as my back issues have flared up the last couple of weeks. Since I'm resting when I'm not working I decided to finish up my TR... and we finally got our Randy pics! :woohoo: I hope I don't bore everyone to tears!

Friday, December 14 ~Wedding Day & My 30th Birthday!!~
I took a Melatonin the night before because I knew I had to sleep the night before our wedding! It did the trick and I slept like a baby. I woke up around 8:00am, sat on our balcony for a while and played around online. I then took my shower (which I would later question why I didn’t do this the night before for the sake of my hair!). My cousin was with me and slept forever. I kept waking her up and finally told her I was going to get breakfast. She finally got up and we walked down to the Boardwalk Bakery and joined the long line. Before we left I called to make sure my mom and niece were on their way from the rental house.

While waiting in the very long Bakery line, my mother called as she was “lost.” She wasn’t, she just wanted me to be her personal turn-by-turn navigation system! As a side note, even with all of our Disney trips, I get lost on property as DH always drives. I managed to yell directions into my phone, which I’m sure the other guests loved. The woman makes it impossible to know where she is! I would say “Is there a gas station on your left?” “No… it’s just a road, wait, yes there’s a gas station down a little.” Argh!!

My mom informs me that they have not eaten breakfast (and why do we get a rental house???) so I needed to order for them. So I order a bunch of muffins, a pain au chocolat for me and more drinks than I can carry. My cousin and I meet my mom in the lobby and we go upstairs to feast on our carbs. Yum!

As we’re finishing our “breakfast,” Anna calls to say she is parking her car and will be right up. Right… so I have SUPER thick hair which is still not dry! I start freaking out and blow-drying my hair. It was still a bit damp when Anna came in and looked like a freakin’ lion’s mane! I was so scared she was going to get on to me for having wet-ish hair, so I apologized profusely. She was very nice about it. I showed her the inspiration photos for my hair and we were off.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JaclynGettinghairdone.jpg

Vendor review: Anna from Makeover Magic did a nice job with my hair and make-up. I can’t say that I loved what she did, but she did what I asked. I really had no clue what I really wanted for my hair, so I can’t exactly complain. My hair is a curse to me due to the texture and thickness, so I’m happy with anyone who makes it look not awful! Anna was very personable and joked around with all of us. She even helped us bug my cousin who took the longest shower known to man that morning.

After my hair & make-up, Anna did my mom’s. My mom was free from a Mother’s Day promotion Anna had on her website. My mom kept saying she didn’t want anyone touching her hair or make-up, but she was really loving having it done.

My cousin started doing my niece’s hair during this time. Since my cousin is not a professional she was taking forever, which of course is torture for a little girl. I asked Summer (my niece) if she wanted Anna to do her hair too, but she didn’t. That is one thing I wish I would have forced because Summer’s hair was never finished.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SummerGettingReady.jpg

So I paid Anna and scheduled to have her come back Sunday morning for our MK pictures. My mom and I left to find hairspray for Becki to use on Summer’s hair. We found a small bottle of Tresemme at the little shop near the BW lobby (in case you need some too! :) ). While walking around, I saw Randy outside the lobby snapping away pictures of Holly81 (she got married at 12:00). I didn’t want to spoil her time so I walked really quickly.

By the time we returned to the room, Randy had made his way up. We actually met him as we were getting off the elevator. When we got to the room, Summer was in tears. She wasn’t allowing Becki to touch her hair anymore. I told her it was fine and we threw her flowergirl headband on. Randy was so funny and it’s nice the way he just jumps into the family.

My Wedding Hoodie
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WeddingHoodie.jpg
Summer & I attempting to get ready....
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SummerJaclyngettingready.jpg
Hanging my dress up for Randy pics
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/Beforeweddingdress.jpg

It was after 1:30 by this time. None of the girls were dressed. My brother, dad and nephew arrived barging into our room saying “The wedding crashers are here!!” This part of the day is so blurry to me! I know that I had my undergarments on so I told my mom and Becki to finish dressing. We threw Summer’s flower girl dress on. My dad and brother had to dress me. They got the dress over my head. Then my brother put my shoes on for me. They both tied my sash. They also put my veil in. I still think it’s funny that men dressed me on my wedding day!

After Summer and I were dressed, we along with the boys went out on the balcony to take a few pics.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DadTommybeforewedding.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SummerJaclynbeforewedding.jpg http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SummerTommybeforewedding.jpg

Around 2:15pm Karen, our WP, calls to say they are ready for me. I tell her we’re not completely ready, but we’ll be down in about 5 minutes. So now I’m yelling that everyone needs to get dressed and downstairs. I send the boys down with the boutinnieres so Karen can pin them. Everyone is finally dressed and we head downstairs.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WalkingtoBWILobby.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/BWILobbybeforeWedding.jpg

The event board displaying our wedding
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/Holt-BoozSigninsideBWI.jpg

I meet our planner (Karen) for the first time and Randy was also there. Randy started snapping everyone’s picture. Karen briefly goes over what we’re going to do and we start our long walk to SBP.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JaclynBWIBalcony.jpg

My Bouquet provided by Whimsical Wey
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WhimsicalWeyBouquet.jpg

You can see my blue crinoline!
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WalkingDownStairsBWI.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WalkingtoSBP.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SummerJaclynwalkingtoSBP.jpg

You can see that my nephew is already having a bad day in this pic... it would get worse in mere minutes!
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/TommyUpsetbeforewedding.jpg

To be continued...

disneydani
02-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I am sorry your back is acting up...but glad you will be adding to your TR! You made a beautiful bride!

danielle

caryndisneydiva
02-01-2008, 10:09 PM
oh yay! i love crinnie pics! it looked great!

i can't wait to read about dlp!

Holly81
02-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Hi Jacyln,

I'm really enjoying your TR so far! That's so cool that you saw me with Randy. It was really sweet of you not to want to intrude, but actually I would have loved to have met you! I actually think that it's only Disney that freaks out about two brides seeing each other. We all know how many weddings Disney hosts and harbor no illusions of being the only bride that day...:rotfl:

I am glad to see that you were pleased with Anna overall. I think she did a nice job on your hair and make-up, even if it wasn't 100% what you hoped for. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for myself... I actually wound up washing off the make-up she did and re-doing it myself I was so displeased. My hair was pretty bad too, and my hair is easy to work with! The photos on her web site were great and her reviews on the boards were always good so I'm not quite sure what happened there...

Randy was great, though, wasn't he? He is so funny and personable! I am glad we were both able to book him that day.

I look forward to reading more! :goodvibes

M&M126
02-01-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm just catching up on your TR. I love the pictures so far. The one with your blue crinnie is fantastic!

JaxTeach
02-02-2008, 10:12 AM
I am sorry your back is acting up...but glad you will be adding to your TR! You made a beautiful bride!

danielle

Thank you for reading! I'm going to attempt to finish it up this weekend... we'll see how it goes!

oh yay! i love crinnie pics! it looked great!

i can't wait to read about dlp!
I can't wait to get to the DLP part of our TR! I loved my crinoline... so glad I did it!

Hi Jacyln,

I'm really enjoying your TR so far! That's so cool that you saw me with Randy. It was really sweet of you not to want to intrude, but actually I would have loved to have met you! I actually think that it's only Disney that freaks out about two brides seeing each other. We all know how many weddings Disney hosts and harbor no illusions of being the only bride that day...:rotfl:

I am glad to see that you were pleased with Anna overall. I think she did a nice job on your hair and make-up, even if it wasn't 100% what you hoped for. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for myself... I actually wound up washing off the make-up she did and re-doing it myself I was so displeased. My hair was pretty bad too, and my hair is easy to work with! The photos on her web site were great and her reviews on the boards were always good so I'm not quite sure what happened there...

Randy was great, though, wasn't he? He is so funny and personable! I am glad we were both able to book him that day.

I look forward to reading more! :goodvibes
That's awful that your hair & make-up didn't turn out so well. I don't have any complaints, but I wasn't sure what I wanted either. I do think that my eyes were too dark... my eyes are small to begin with and I had a lot of dark liner and mascara on which doesn't help.

DH went to Epcot the morning of our wedding and called to say there was a wedding going on... I was telling him that it was one of the DIS girls!

Randy was great to work with. I guess we worked him all day. He was with us until 10pm that night! I love how he jumps right into the family. He certainly eases any tension that might be going on.

I'm just catching up on your TR. I love the pictures so far. The one with your blue crinnie is fantastic!
Thank you for reading! I've been bad about finishing my TR... I had such high hopes of finishing it the week we returned from France.

Wedding Ceremony continued...

I don’t remember much of our walk. I know lots of people were looking at us which made me somewhat uncomfortable so I kept talking to Summer about silly things. I was so glad to have my niece, nephew, brother, and dad with me. I can honestly say that I did not get nervous at all before the ceremony. I do not enjoy being the center of attention so I really think we had a perfect wedding for our personalities!

My cousin snapped a shot of us walking to SBP along the Boardwalk
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WalkingtoSBPfromSBP.jpg

Dan awaiting his impending doom...
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DanAwaitinghisimpendingdoom.jpg

We finally arrived at SBP and I met Rev. Day. He had fun talking to Summer and Tommy. At this point Summer and Tommy were both holding my hand. Karen was telling us how we would take the walk.

Doing the Disney 2-finger point
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/AskingKarenhowtowalk.jpg

Giving my nephew a thumbs-up, thinking he was ok with his job
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/GivingTommythethumbsup.jpg

My brother would go first, followed by Summer and Tommy and then me & Dad. My brother begins walking, then we tell the kids to go… but Tommy doesn’t want to walk alone—he wants me to walk with him. Under normal circumstances this would happen, but I tried telling him I couldn’t that I had to go with Papa (my dad). Tommy got so upset so I told him to walk with his dad. So at this point Tommy takes off running up the aisle. The pictures of this are my absolute favorites from our wedding day because they are SO Tommy!

Tommy running to catch up with his dad
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/Tommyuptheaisle2.jpg

My nephew... we could hear him crying my entire walk up the aisle!
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/Tommycrying.jpg

Our flower girl... she didn't drop many petals, but she did a good job walking by herself
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/Summeruptheaisle.jpg

I didn’t quite understand how to walk so Karen had Kathleen (who was also present at our ceremony) motion for us when it was time to make the turn to come up the center aisle. My dad and I started our walk and I remember laughing because my nephew was so upset with me not walking with him.

Walking with my Dad
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/UptheAislewDad.jpg

Almost to the "alter"
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SeeingDan.jpg

We made it to Dan and our ceremony began. We had asked Rev. Day to thank our parents as both sets have remained married for 30+ years. We also had him say something in remembrance of Dan’s grandparents and my Grandma. I wrote our ceremony based upon the one’s Rev. Day sent and other things I found online. We had a Hands Ceremony, exchange of vows, exchange of rings, and a Rose Ceremony. Rev. Day did an excellent job sticking to the “script.” I was a little apprehensive about that. The only thing he changed was at the end of our Rose Ceremony he asked that we give the roses to our mothers, which I thought was a nice touch.

Hands Ceremony
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/Ceremonypic.jpg

Rose Ceremony
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/RoseCeremony.jpg

Ring Ceremony
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/RingCeremony.jpg

Various photo at SBP
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SBP.jpg

What I remember most about the ceremony is that it was pretty stinkin’ hot for December! I had sweat running down my legs (sorry TMI, but it’s true!). I kept moving my legs to try to cool them off. There were also a lot of Friendship boats and other boats in Crescent Lake that afternoon! After the ceremony we all laughed about the number of boats that went by. I also remember signaling to Dan which finger to place my ring on… and I shoved his ring on to make sure it wouldn’t come off!

We were now husband and wife. We made our way back down the aisle and waited for further instructions from our planner. I was so glad the ceremony was over, although I wasn’t nearly as uncomfortable standing in front of our families as I anticipated. I knew we were both looking forward to the rest of our day!

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/Walkingbackdowntheaisle.jpg

Up next… Lots of photos, California Grill reception, Dessert Party, vendor reviews

padisneyfour
02-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Enjoying your trip report so far..... you looked great! Little ones always add a little excitement to a wedding -things to remember. sounds like everything went
pretty well (hair can always be an issue). Looking forward to reading more. Congrats too!

cinderella123
02-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Congratulations! Your wedding pictures look so beautiful!

Fantasia Sam
02-02-2008, 11:46 AM
HI Jaclyn :)

I just got finished reading your TR so far.

Firstly sorry to hear your back is playing up, hope you feel better soon.

I thought Anna did a great job and you looked lovely - LOVE the blue crinolin, fabulous idea!!! Your bouquet was so pretty. OMG I saw in your little montage as well your amazing pink blouse for the Honeymoon Shoot LOVE IT!!

The Grooms cake looked lovely they really did a great job!

Can't wait to hear about your honeymoon too as well as the rest of the recaps.

Best regards

disneydani
02-02-2008, 12:15 PM
More gorgeous photos! Looks like you all did a fabulous job!
Sorry it was a bit warm....I suppose it is better than rain, though!

danielle

caryndisneydiva
02-02-2008, 01:51 PM
jaclyn,

the pic of your nephew is hilarious. he'll look at that in 20 years and roll his eyes! i love kids, they're spontaneity is so funny!

DisneyFairy19
02-02-2008, 02:10 PM
YEY I LOVE THE PHOTOS:goodvibes

keenercam
02-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Oh, Jaclyn! Everything looked so perfect. You looked gorgeous! I love the blue crinoline -- that is so individual and I am so happy everything came together so beautifully! Congratulations! :hug: Can't wait to see more!

Lisacope
02-02-2008, 05:32 PM
You have a wonderful writing style! I can't wait to read more!

Desnik
02-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Great TR and Pics!! Can't wait to hear more. I am especially interested to hear all about Paris!

BaBeeCee14
02-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi Jaclyn!

Loving your TR so far! I'm sorry that you didn't love your hair/makeup that day, but you looked beautiful! And you flower girl is so cute! I love how her dress matched yours. Can't wait to hear more!

shezfrombermuda
02-03-2008, 07:34 AM
I am enjoying your TR and can't wait to read about DLP. I was in Paris last year but I didn't get a chance to go. The pictures are great especially the one of you walking down the stairs with your crinnie showing!

phillyflygrl10
02-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Jaclyn I am a Jaclyn too! You looked so beautiful and I absolutely loved your bouquet and color choices!

M&M126
02-03-2008, 04:41 PM
As I was reading about your nephew I kept thinking of my niece. I can totally see her doing that!! Kids will be kids :)

The pictures are beautiful! I'm loving the TR!

JaxTeach
02-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Enjoying your trip report so far..... you looked great! Little ones always add a little excitement to a wedding -things to remember. sounds like everything went
pretty well (hair can always be an issue). Looking forward to reading more. Congrats too!
Thank you! Yes, my niece and nephew certainly made our day a little less stressful! My nephew was hilarious at our reception.

Congratulations! Your wedding pictures look so beautiful!
Thank you so much! I looked through your PJ a bit... good luck planning your HSM wedding, I love that idea!! DH and I are big HSM fans!

HI Jaclyn :)

I just got finished reading your TR so far.

Firstly sorry to hear your back is playing up, hope you feel better soon.

I thought Anna did a great job and you looked lovely - LOVE the blue crinolin, fabulous idea!!! Your bouquet was so pretty. OMG I saw in your little montage as well your amazing pink blouse for the Honeymoon Shoot LOVE IT!!

The Grooms cake looked lovely they really did a great job!

Can't wait to hear about your honeymoon too as well as the rest of the recaps.

Best regards
Thank you! I, as well as the rest of my family, were extremely pleased with everything Disney did for us on our wedding day.

More gorgeous photos! Looks like you all did a fabulous job!
Sorry it was a bit warm....I suppose it is better than rain, though!

danielle
I'm definitely glad it was slightly warm instead of the regular Florida heat and humidity.

jaclyn,

the pic of your nephew is hilarious. he'll look at that in 20 years and roll his eyes! i love kids, they're spontaneity is so funny!
Absolutely! My nephew is my little buddy... I felt awful that he wasn't able to walk with me! He's used to being right next to me at Disney so I guess it just wasn't making sense to him.

YEY I LOVE THE PHOTOS:goodvibes
Thanks!

Oh, Jaclyn! Everything looked so perfect. You looked gorgeous! I love the blue crinoline -- that is so individual and I am so happy everything came together so beautifully! Congratulations! :hug: Can't wait to see more!
Thank you! We couldn't be happier with how everything on our wedding day turned out!
You have a wonderful writing style! I can't wait to read more!
Thanks! I'm attempting to put some more together while [DH is] watching the Super Bowl.

Great TR and Pics!! Can't wait to hear more. I am especially interested to hear all about Paris!
I can't wait to get to Paris! I'm working on it...thanks for reading so far!
Hi Jaclyn!

Loving your TR so far! I'm sorry that you didn't love your hair/makeup that day, but you looked beautiful! And you flower girl is so cute! I love how her dress matched yours. Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you! Her dress was initially purchased to match my 1st dress, but she loved it b/c it looks like Belle's dress (to her at least) so I let her keep it.

I am enjoying your TR and can't wait to read about DLP. I was in Paris last year but I didn't get a chance to go. The pictures are great especially the one of you walking down the stairs with your crinnie showing!
Thank you! DLP was how I lured DH to Paris for our honeymoon. :rotfl: He is definitely the bigger Disney fanatic in the relationship. We're already working on a trip to Tokyo, but it will be a while before that happens.

Jaclyn I am a Jaclyn too! You looked so beautiful and I absolutely loved your bouquet and color choices!
I've met a couple of Jaclyn's here on the DIS-- not a common name! Thank you for reading. I LOVED my bouquet. I, unfortunately, did not have it preserved. It's in bad shape right now, but I can't stand throwing it out just yet. Whimsical Wey did a fantastic job, I think.
As I was reading about your nephew I kept thinking of my niece. I can totally see her doing that!! Kids will be kids :)

The pictures are beautiful! I'm loving the TR!
I told DH that the pics of my nephew crying and running up the aisle are my absolute favorite. He was just being himself, wedding or no wedding. :laughing: Unfortunately being comforted by my mom destroyed his Mickey bout I had made for him... oh well, at least he felt better!

I'm working on some more while the Super Bowl is on my TV. Hopefully it will be posted tonight!

tlhbdm
02-03-2008, 07:18 PM
We saw a wedding at SBP the day you got married but I went back and looked at my pics and it wasn't you :sad: Congrats on your wedding though.

JaxTeach
02-04-2008, 08:25 PM
We saw a wedding at SBP the day you got married but I went back and looked at my pics and it wasn't you :sad: Congrats on your wedding though.

Thank you! I know there was at least 1 wedding before our's at SBP that day.

Okay so I didn't get anything done last night, but without further adieu my TR continues...

December 14, 2007 con’t: Post Ceremony Pics
Immediately following the ceremony we started taking photos with Randy. We took several at SBP with our family and friends. From there, Dan and I took our limo to Wilderness Lodge. We chose WL because it is so beautiful at Christmas time! From the WL we went to the Grand Floridian. We took several photos inside and then out on the beach. We had several litle girls staring at us and a few asking if I was a princess. It was funny and I just smiled and said “hi” to them. From there we headed to the Contemporary to our reception at the California Grill Sonoma Room.

Below are a few of our favorite pics from SBP, WL, and the GF.

SBP & Boardwalk Pics
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SummerJacSBP.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JacSBP.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SBP1.jpg

Us with My Parents
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SBPJacDanKathieHiram.jpg

Us with DH's Parents
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SBPJacDanBobPriscilla.jpg

Our "Wedding Party"
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SBPWeddingParty.jpg

Us with our friends from NYC
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SBPFriends.jpg

Me & My Brother
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SBPJacTom.jpg

Me & Summer
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SBPJacSummerKiss.jpg

Me & Tommy
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SBPJacTommy.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/BWIDanJac1.jpg http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WeddingSign.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SBPJacDan3.jpg http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/OurMaggieShot.jpg

Wilderness Lodge Pics
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WLJacDan2.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WLDanJacChristmasTree.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WLJacDan1.jpg

Randy discovered my blue crinoline here...
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WLCrinoline.jpg

JaxTeach
02-04-2008, 08:26 PM
More Pics...

Grand Floridian Pics
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/GFJacDan-1.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/GFJacDanChristmasTree.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/GFJacDanGingerbreadHouse.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/GFJacDan2.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/GFDanJac2.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/GFJac1.jpg

I didn't have my shoes on here so DH actually looks taller than me... lol
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/GFJacDan.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/GFJacDan4.jpg

What was happening while we were taking pictures:
My brother gave Tommy & Summer War Heads immediately following the ceremony. Summer's dress was destroyed by the end of the night with various stains, including blue War Head stains.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/TommywWarHead.jpg http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SummerWarHead.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/TommySummerBuzzBarbie.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/TommyFace.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SummerBWIChristmasTree.jpg

For anyone who may be curious in the future, this is the "mini-bus". We were given this option since we had a small group. It was about $100 less and we got it for 5 hours instead of 4.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WalkingtoMini-Bus.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/InsideofMini-Bus.jpg

Coming up... CG reception, DP, more photo shoots, and DLP!!

caryndisneydiva
02-04-2008, 08:34 PM
your niece and nephew are ADORABLE :cutie: . i love that samantha's tongue is matching her blue ribbons in one pic! didn't she have a blue crinnie too? randy does such a good job! your pictures look amazing! keep writing! keep writing!

ps-how's your back feeling?

M&M126
02-04-2008, 08:35 PM
I love all the pictures by the Christmas trees!! I kind of wish I was getting married around Christmas now :)

JaxTeach
02-04-2008, 08:46 PM
your niece and nephew are ADORABLE :cutie: . i love that samantha's tongue is matching her blue ribbons in one pic! didn't she have a blue crinnie too? randy does such a good job! your pictures look amazing! keep writing! keep writing!

ps-how's your back feeling?

Yes! She did have a blue crinnie, I saw a pic of it as I was going through them earlier... I'll have to post it later. As I look at our pics again, Randy really does do a great job.

I wish I had better news to report about my back. I feel better, but I'm still in pain. I end up looking like Quasimodo by lunch time at school! I have 2 bulging/herniated/slipped/just plain messed up disks in my lower back... it just takes A LOT of time to feel better. I feel awful for DH, but he's been so sweet to me since this happened. :love:

I love all the pictures by the Christmas trees!! I kind of wish I was getting married around Christmas now :)

That was my number 1 motivation for having our wedding in December. WDW is just that more magical with all the Christmas decorations up!

disneydani
02-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Sorry your back is still acting up.

Love all the photos, the ones at the GF Beach are gorgeous.

I am so glad we have Randy booked for our son's party...and it starts with a shoot at the GF!

Looking forward to morew.

danielle

JaxTeach
02-04-2008, 10:22 PM
December 14, 2007 Con’t: Reception
Our reception was set to begin at 5:00pm. All of our guests (I assume) arrived at that time. I asked by BFF Kristina and her boyfriend to go with the florists to decorate the room for us. We had an Escape wedding so it was all on us. Dan and I were with Randy until right around 5:30pm taking photos. This actually worked out well because we did sort of have an “entrance” since our guests were all there.

One of my favorite photos... too bad the top of my brother's Mickey ears is cut off!
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/TomTommyMickeyEars.jpg

My cousin, Becki
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/ReceptionBecki.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/TommyBuzzshirt.jpg

So the limo driver drove Dan and I from the GF to the Contemporary when we finished with our photos. Randy followed. We arrived at the CR and went to the 2nd floor to “check in” at the CG desk. When we got there (in full wedding gear, mind you) the CM’s were like “Oh we need to make sure the room is available.” I kept saying “I think it’s ready, our guests arrived at 5:00pm.” After it was confirmed that we were indeed having our reception there… we were escorted up to the 15th floor. Randy wasn’t with us at this point. DH and I made our way to the Sonoma Room. My brother saw us coming and announced we were coming in, so everyone stood up clapping for us. It was really nice.

Our Entrance
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DanandJacenteringCG.jpg

The first thing I notice is how lovely it smelled! Our table set up was this: black linens, floating candle cylinder surrounded by a ivory/lavender rose floral ring, 3 votives surrounding the floral ring, navy/lavender/silver Mickey punches, and lavender rose petals scattered on the table. Ok, I’m a Yankee Candle fiend. It’s a sickness!! So I bought Yankee Candle votives for our guest tables and that room smelled so WONDERFUL! I am so glad I bought the slightly more expensive votives because it really made the atmosphere just that much better.

Some pictures of the room setup
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/ReceptionRoomSetup2.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/ReceptionJacDanSweetheartTable.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SweetheartTable.jpg

Excuse DH's face here!
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SweetheartCakeTables.jpg

Cake Table
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/CakeTable.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/ReceptionTable.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/ReceptionCGMenu.jpg

So we arrive and I want food! I swore I was going to eat and enjoy my wedding food. Luckily the fantastic server CMs at the CG had saved Dan and I some of the appetizers. We only had 1 since we had SO much food… it was a potato cake. I can’t even describe how delictable these were! We each had 3, but I asked if there were anymore… there wasn’t, our guests were big fans too!

Randy arrived a little after we did and began snapping candid photos of the fam. Soon after Randy’s arrival, it was time to get ready for Wishes! Randy had suggested that Dan and I go to the front catwalk and then down 1 level. So we instructed our guests to go to the back catwalk (which had no one on it) and we headed to the front. Once we got there, we discovered the front was not the place to be as there was an obstructed view. Luckily Dan and I had visited the CG in September and knew the landing below the back catwalk had a great view so we told Randy and headed over there. Let me tell you, going up & down stairs with heals and 2 poofy crinolines is a challenge! I’m surprised I’m not laying in traction with a full body cast right now!

Wishes! Photos
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JacDanWishes.jpg http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JacandDanWishes2.jpg

So we did our Wishes! Photos and I was thrilled! I don’t look like it in the photos, but I was. It was my 30th birthday and I was watching my favorite fireworks show with my new husband on our wedding day—it doesn’t get better than that.

We came back inside after Wishes! and Randy took a few more pics. I had him take some fake cake cutting pics. After that Randy left so we could eat. I didn’t have Randy stay for that because that’s all we were doing—eating . No dancing or anything like that.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JacandDancakecutting.jpg

I have to say that the staff at the CG is wonderful. They were so pleasant to every single person in that room. Every person’s glass remained full. They were timely with getting each course out. They were personable but not overly chatty—I just can’t say enough about them. My father, who is a bit of a… well he served in the Navy for 20+ years… he’s particular about how things get done, he still talks about how wonderful the CG was to us. He paid for the reception, so I’m glad he thinks he got his money’s worth!

For our meal, we had a salad (which I honestly don’t remember), soup (I believe it was a winter squash soup—I can’t remember for sure), sorbet (passion fruit—I wasn’t thrilled with that, but it was ok), grouper, chicken, and beef with a variety of veggies. Our guests had “hand passed” platters, which was fine since it was mostly family. The CG made DH and I individual plates with some of everything. Everything was unbelievably good! Unfortunately at this time I began to have some pains… I hate being trashy, but Iknew I had to take something off or I would be uncomfortable for the rest of the night. I whispered to my cousin to come with me to the bathroom to assist. We took off my 2 crinolines and discovered my hoop skirt was the cause of my pain. Luckily I was able to keep the regular crinoline off. I returned to dinner and was able to finish my meal, yay!

Once we finished the meal, it was time for our specialty dessert. I saw another bride had a Figment dessert made and I HAD to have it. The CMs asked if we were ready and I said bring it on! I was so excited to see our desserts and for our guests to have some fun! DH says that his parents still talk about the dessert—it was one of their favorite things from the wedding.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/ReceptionFigmentDessert.jpg

After our Figment dessert, it was time for cake. I was so sad for my beautiful Mickeys and snowflakes to be thrown out. Our bottom layer was chocolate cake/peanut butter cup and the top was almond cake/ amaretto mousse. I asked the CMs to give DH and I a slice of each to share. I thought the choco/pb cup was to die for!

Our pretty cake
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/SnowflakeWeddingCake.jpg

Our poor cake!
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/ReceptionCake.jpg

Tommy & his Rice Krispy Sushi (sorry we didn't get a good pic of the food!)
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/RiceKrispySushi.jpg

After cake time I started to get anxious because our planner said we would have to pack up all of our stuff before heading out for the DP. I started telling my dad we needed to wrap things up and get to packing. The super wonderful CG CMs overheard me talking and said “No, no, we will do it for you. We will leave all of your things on the table and you can get them tomorrow.” Huh??!? How awesome was that? I was all ready to get to cleaning in my wedding gown, but they stepped up and said they would take care of everything for us. They did NOT have to do that, so that made me even happier with the CG staff! We took a few important things and left the rest behind.

A few other things to note from our reception… as I said it was my 30th birthday. Shortly after Randy arrived at the beginning, my mother does God knows what to get everyone’s attention (I can’t remember). She tells everyone that 30 years ago today she gave birth to me and asks everyone to sing “Happy Birthday” to me. I was so embarassed, but in a good way. It was nice of my mom to remember my birthday amidst everything else.

Me, embarassed, while everyone sings "Happy Birthday"
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/ReceptionRoomSetup.jpg

I’ve said my nephew, Tommy, was a hit at the reception. He was the entertainment for our “friends” table. Our 4 friends who flew down from NYC had a blast with him. I made the kids t-shirts to wear during dinner so they woulnd’t get food on their clothes. Tommy’s had Buzz Lightyear (his hero) on it. I guess he was telling our friends all about Buzz and doing “To infinity.. and beyond!” for them and running circles around the table. He also was doing this strange thing he does where he is a “kitty.” He likes to crawl around, meowing, pretending to be a kitty. So he became known as Buzz Kitty to our friends. It was hilarious.

"Buzz Kitty" & Summer Bug in their T-shirts
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/TommyandSummer.jpg

We really enjoyed our reception because it didn’t feel rushed. We had time to eat and still socialize with each of our 3 tables. Again, I cannot say enough about the CG staff. Just wonderful. I would definitely recommend the CG to anyone wanting a smallish reception (especially Escape brides). Yes, it is sort of pricey, but you definitely get one of the best meals available on Disney property for the price and impeccable service!

After finishing up it was time to head out to our mini-bus and on to our Dessert Party. The strangest thing happened in the Contemporary Lobby. I was almost out the door and this grown woman comes running up to me. She was not American, but I’m not sure where she was from. She had sort of a Scandanavian accent. Anyways, she asks if I was married at WDW and if she could get a photo with me. How odd! I said absolutely and am now part of someone’s vacation memories! LOL!

In the lobby before becoming part of the Scandanavian's vacation memories...
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JaclynTommyCRLobby.jpg

With that, we left for Epcot.

Up next…. DP, Disney photo sessions, family day at Disney, DLP!

caryndisneydiva
02-04-2008, 10:53 PM
great updates jaclyn. now i have to ask about your dress pain...i had the same things under my dress (from the same ebay seller as you did i think) is THIS the reason that you are still in pain? i was DYING on my wedding day from that dress/undergarments...

anyway, your niece/nephew never fail to disappoint, they are just so cute. it's so nice that they'll be able to remember your very special day!

we had the choco/pb mousse for our top layer and it was so good. i'm actually craving some now...

what is the figment desert made out of?

JaxTeach
02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
No, the crinoline pain is not the reason for my current condition. I've irritated an old injury from "boogie boarding" in the Outer Banks of NC a few years ago (what a strange injury, I know!). However, that hoop skirt was something else! I was fine until our reception and then I felt like I couldn't breath! It was quite painful, but the pain ended as soon as the hoop skirt was removed!

I'm not 100% about the Figment dessert. It's based on a Beauty & the Beast dessert. The rose was white chocolate and the filling was white chocolate mousse. I'm not sure of the flavors of the syrups, but they were all fruity. The paintbrush was chocolate. Everyone had fun using their paint brush and the syrups to paint Figment! I wish we had pictures of how everyone painted their Figment.

padisneyfour
02-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Everything so far sounds wonderful and looks fantastic. I really like the shots of the CG and wishes is my favorite too. The figment desserts look so fun! Looking forward to reading more.... How many people total attended your reception? The room looked pretty full. again congrats on a beautiful wedding day- looking forward to hearing about the DP

Lisacope
02-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Everything looks great!

Kristen14
02-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm only on page 2 but i gotta comment before i forget! ;)

I actually think that it's only Disney that freaks out about two brides seeing each other. We all know how many weddings Disney hosts and harbor no illusions of being the only bride that day...:rotfl:

I totally agree!!! I saw another bride in the lobby of the BW and was really excited to see another beautiful bride sharing our wedding day! :bride:

Also, I LOVE the blue crinnie Jaclyn!! I didnt realize you'd made it so dark, it matched your sash perfectly!

Kristen14
02-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Randy discovered my blue crinoline here...
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WLCrinoline.jpg

I wonder what Randy thought with your crinnie, Caryn's and mine, in just over a month? Lol. He didnt seem at all surprised by mine.

Kristen14
02-05-2008, 11:02 AM
We took off my 2 crinolines and discovered my hoop skirt was the cause of my pain. Luckily I was able to keep the regular crinoline off.

My hoop skirt kept getting twisted in my crinnie. Then the crinnie would fall down. DF's aunt had to pull it up for me 3 or 4 times.

Everything looked amazing!!! I love the shots of wishes from the CG. I've seen them from Ohana (which by the way Rob hates the singing lady too... luckily she didnt bother us either) but never from CG.

lajones81
02-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Fantastic updates! I can't wait to read more soon! :)

cinderella123
02-05-2008, 11:32 AM
My Bouquet provided by Whimsical Wey
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/WhimsicalWeyBouquet.jpg

I love your bouquet. I am thinking about using one very similar to that with red roses, but not as many crystals. I really love the style and plan on taking this picture of yours to the Florist when I have my first appointment (far away) to see if they can make something like that. Is it alright with you if I do?

shezfrombermuda
02-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Love the picture of your brother and nephew wearing the ears! Your reception looks fabulous.....the cake, flowers, candles, everything... I think I will "borrow" the idea of giving the kids t-shirts to put over their clothes.

Lisella
02-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Finally got caught up on your TR - love it! You were such a beautiful bride. Everything looks amazing. The kids were so cute, the colors were perfect, and the crinnie - another big fan here!!!

You said you were an Escape bride, right? If you don't mind me asking, how many people in total were part of your wedding? Did you spend much more than the Escape fees to include extras, your reception and DP? Just curious for my own future planning...

disneydani
02-05-2008, 01:35 PM
I am so happy everything went so well at the CG!

My son caught site of your Figment dessert and is now begging for it at his party. Did you have it one made up for everybody or just you and DH? Can I ask what the add on cost was?

This is some 30th birthday....what are ya gonna do for 40?!!?

danielle

JaxTeach
03-15-2008, 09:34 PM
I have certainly been neglecting my trip report! I've been doing post-wedding things this weekend since yesterday was our 3 month anniversary.

JaxTeach
04-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Thank you all for reading and your kind words! I've FINALLY written more of my TR.... here we go...

Friday, December 14 con't: Dessert Party

We had a rather uneventful trip over to Epcot. My poor brother, who works 3rd shift on Everest at DAK, was passed out asleep on the mini bus. So what do my cousin, niece and I do? Take pictures of him of course. Before we left California Grill we gave all of our guests light up necklaces to wear at the Dessert Party. I was so excited for our DP to begin!

Upon our arrival at backstage U.K. we saw Randy Chapman standing outside and our Epcot escort. It was so cool walking through the crowd that had already assembled for Illuminations. My brother and cousin had decided to be our “entourage” as we entered so they led the way. I was actually walking with my munchkins when Randy suggested that I might walk with my new husband… oh yeah. We were met with shouts of “Congratulations!” was we made our way to the U.K. Upper Terrace.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JD052112-14-07.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JD052712-14-07.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JD053612-14-07.jpg

I made sure to head over to the dessert bar right away. This was the part of our wedding day I was most looking forward to and I was not about to miss out on these dessert s (even though I was stuffed from dinner!). The catering staff at Epcot did a wonderful job decorating our buffet. It had little touches of Christmas which I loved. I had some fruit punch and a chocolate chip cookie. Dan and I mingled just a bit with our guests and were pulled away by Randy to set up for pics.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JD054812-14-07.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JD051212-14-07.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JD051412-14-07.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JD051712-14-07.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JaclynsNikon101.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JaclynsNikon098.jpg

I’ve complained about our DP in other threads so I should justify my issues here. The DP was fantastic, but it was SO SHORT! We asked to have our time extended from 9:00pm to 11:00pm. Somewhere along the way, this did not get passed along to Epcot because after the show ended our escort was asking when we were leaving… huh? I told him we had the space until 11pm, he said we were welcome to stay there but they would not be with us and could not prevent others from sitting there. Hmm… that is not what our WP said, but everyone was tired by that time anyway. I really recommend to future brides to have the DP before the wedding day or after. It is such a cool experience and we did not fully enjoy it. It seemed like right after we got to the U.K. the speaker was announcing Illuminations would begin in 10 minutes, we were whisked away for photos and then everyone was ready to head out.

Since our wedding was in December, we had the Peace on Earth tag, which is my favorite. Our DP also started 30 minutes later than DPs held throughout the rest of the year since Illuminations begins at 9:30 in December.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JD067112-14-07.jpg

Once the fireworks ended, most of our guests were going to make use of our extended mini bus service and return to their cars at the BWI. Dan and I said our goodbyes and hugged our friends and family who were heading out.

The Epcot escort handed out EMH wristbands to everyone who remained. My mom, cousin, niece, and our friends from NY planned on staying for EMH. DH and I walked back to our room with my friends from NY. It was such a nice walk back. Let me tell you how grateful I was to get to our room and rip that wedding dress off! I had been wearing it for 9 hours straight. DH and I changed into our matching clothes (why… why?? I have no clue, it seemed like a good decisions at the time… poor judgment on my part here!). We slipped on our wedding ears and headed down to the front desk to get our wedding pins.

I noticed the girl who had checked us in the night before was working so I waited for her to come available. I walked up to her and said we’d take our Just Married buttons now. She was so excited for us and happy that we came to see her. I wish we’d thought to stop to see her while we were still in our wedding clothes, but oh well!

With our wedding ears and buttons and EMH wristbands we headed back to Epcot for some EMH. We had quite a time meeting up with our friends and my family. We finally all met up at Soarin’. We waited for what seemed like an eternity to ride. I was excited, though, because it was the first ride for my niece and mom. My niece was pretty nervous, but it’s now her favorite ride. We then headed over to JIIWF to see our favorite purple dragon. By that time, Epcot was closing up and it was time to head back to the BWI.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DSC00455.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DSC00456.jpg

What a fantastic day. We’re coming up on our 4 month anniversary (next Monday) and I still get excited thinking back on how much fun we had with all of the important people in our lives. I am so glad we had an intimate wedding with the people we truly love and not a bunch of coworkers and acquaintances.

Up next… MK photo shoot, Disney with the fam, honeymoon in Paris!

JaxTeach
04-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Saturday, December 15-Tuesday, December 18: The rest of our WDW vacation.

We spent the next 4 days at WDW. We checked out of the BWI Monday morning and moved to my parents' vacation house.

We were scheduled for our Magic Kingdom/Epcot photoshoot Sunday morning at 6:00am. When DH and I woke up at 4:00am we knew it was raining-- drizzling more like. The tiny, misty, annoying rain was going on outside. The weather showed that a cold front was pushing through the Orlando area. Anna called to say she was coming up and our photographer called to confirm. So I had my hair and make-up done ($140) and we put our wedding clothes back on. We met our photographer downstairs shortly after 6:00am. He was not optimistic about the weather. He told us that we would go to MK and make our decision. He told us that once he took a photo that was it-- we would not be able to reschedule.

So we pull up to the Hub and walk around a bit. I knew that the misty rain would make our photos look awful. DH and I talked and decided we would reschedule. We were nervous because I did not want to have to come back later to have the photos done. Our photograher said he would call the scheduling person (who of course was not working on Sunday) and we could probably do it on Tuesday morning.

DH and I went back to BWI and took a nap. We were meeting our photographer again at 10:00am at Epcot for our Honeymoon session. We woke up around 9:00am, grabbed a bite at the Boardwalk Bakery, then walked over to the International Gateway to meet the photographer. Wouldn't you know it, it was now a beautiful, clear, but quite chilly day. We took photos at every country around Epcot. Our photographer even took us to get a shot of Spaceship Earth and took one of us with the Epcot Christmas tree.

Monday we hit up Epcot with my family. Our group included DH and I, my mom and dad, my brother, my niece and nephew, and my brother.

Once we finally got to Epcot it was close to noon. We were all hungry so my dad and brother had me call Disney Dining to get a lunch ADR. They both wanted to eat in Germany much to my dismay. I'm not a vegetarian but I'm very picky about meat and German food is NOT a favorite of mine. They had an ADR available in about 20 minutes, so we walked right over to Germany.

As I predicted, there was very little I would eat. It was really a waste of money for me. I enjoyed the desserts but everything else was gross to me. But it was fun to watch my niece & nephew watch the band. They were really into it. They performed the Christmas show which was cool to see.

Tuesday we had our MK/Epcot bridal session with Tom. Anna met me at our rental house. I paid $140 AGAIN for my hair & makeup. We met Tom at the Wedding Pavillion. It was freezing that morning. I had my wedding hoodie on if we weren't snapping a photo. I also wore my pink Minnie Mouse sweats under my dress. Nice, huh? But I was a little warmer than I would have been. I'll post more of our MK/Epcot photos later.

For the rest of the day Tuesday we stayed at the rental house washing clothes and packing for our honeymoon.

Here are some pics from our random trips to the theme parks after the wedding. I'm awful and can't quite remember what we did each day-- I really need to journal!!

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/image097.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/image086.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DSC_0191.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DSC00475.jpg

My niece's first ride on BTMRR!
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DSC00492.jpg

Nana's fashion sunglasses.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DSC_0185.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DSC_0180.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/image002.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/image032.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/image060.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/image064.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/image066.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/image086.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/image105.jpg

Up next... Finally, our honeymoon!!

Lynn5700
04-08-2008, 11:59 PM
YAY!!!! I can't wait to see your pictures from Paris!!!!! Looks like you guys had a great time in Epcot :)

lov2b@disney
04-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Sound like a fun time! Sorry about the chaos with your MK shoot- bummer to get ready, not to mention get up at that hour and not do it!

Cant wait to read more!

Lisella
04-11-2008, 07:50 PM
So glad you came back to work on your TR.

That was quite the adventure with the MK photo shoot. I hope you got some great pictures in the end.

Looking forward to reading more. popcorn::

Ticky Toria 78
04-12-2008, 05:12 AM
Enjoying the updates :surfweb:

I love the Test Track picture!

figmentcookie
06-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Can't believe I haven't seen your TR before! I'm really enjoying it!
DH and I watching Illuminations [/B](Sorry for my Beyonce-esque pose...
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/JDIllumintations.jpg

P.S. You've only got one arm up, you're not into Beyonce land yet... haha.

snow_white725
06-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I have seen you around on the boards but never got to read your trip report. I jsut finsihed the whol thing and really like how you customized your escape wedding. Thanks so much for sharing!! :goodvibes

29apr00
06-03-2008, 02:50 PM
I loved your wedding!! you had all the elements of a wishes wedding without the big price tag!! It was beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

JaxTeach
06-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Can't believe I haven't seen your TR before! I'm really enjoying it!

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying our TR. I just may get around to posting about our honeymoon in Paris and our trip to Disneyland Paris in the next couple of weeks.

I have seen you around on the boards but never got to read your trip report. I jsut finsihed the whol thing and really like how you customized your escape wedding. Thanks so much for sharing!! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading! We had the perfect wedding for us. Since we are close by and visit frequently, Disney was like any other location for us. It wasn't necessarily a "destination" wedding as it is for so many others. Paying for only the elements we had to have was a priority. I was afraid with Wishes we would have added a bunch of stuff we didn't really want. I still cannot think of a single element I wish we could have had if we'd gone the Wishes route.

I loved your wedding!! you had all the elements of a wishes wedding without the big price tag!! It was beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed reading. Disney gets a couple hundred dollars from us every month so I'm glad we were able to have every element we could imagine without breaking the bank or asking people to stay on property who had no desire to do so. It was so important for me to see Wishes! and Illuminations on our wedding day-- and we did!

JaxTeach
06-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Here we go… taking it back 6 months to our honeymoon in Paris.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007: Departure Day and December 20, Arrival Day!
I spent most of Tuesday night packing and re-packing. Our luggage weighed a LOT! Traveling overseas in the winter months is tricky. We wanted to take only 1 suitcase because we were going to be using the Metro to get from CDG to our hotel. This would bite us in the butt when we had to pay $50 for an overweight bag on an international flight.

We woke up, had breakfast, showered, did some last minute rearranging. Dan had to run our urns back to the florist while my cousin got packed.

Everything was finally packed and I gave my parents instructions on what items needed to be returned to our house when they headed back to Maryland. We gave everyone hugs and drove off headed for MCO. In the rush of it all, we forgot to look for an offsite parking garage! I was so mad because I knew we were going to pay a couple hundred dollars to park at the airport. Oh well, we had no choice at this point.

We got to MCO, parked in our expensive parking place and headed inside to 1st check my cousin in and then to check ourselves in. This is when we find that we are over the weight limit with our luggage. The lady asks if we have another bag and I cringe at the thought of lugging mega luggage through DTW and CDG. I always pack a duffel bag in the bottom of our luggage when we are going somewhere that we will be buying souvenirs, so we technically could have put stuff in there. DH says it’s okay and we’ll pay the overweight fee.

After we all checked in, I told my cousin I thought there was a Disney store in the airport. This plush Simba was important to her and I understood that. We found the Disney store and managed to find a baby Simba. Yay, she has her gift for her boyfriend! We hugged goodbye and headed to our gates.

Dan and I found our gate. We were super early so we headed off to find food. I think we had pizza and Freshen’s fro-yo. I decided we needed to bring some cash with us just in case. This was another dumb idea because we ended up changing it at the airport in Paris for a horrible exchange rate, which I was fully aware of but chose to go ahead with the plan.

Before we left MCO
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DSC00791.jpg

The flight to Detroit was uneventful. Once we landed, we decided to get dinner since it was evening by now. We found a Chili’s, which we loved. We had to charge up all of our electronics, especially the laptop and our cell phones. Luckily we were seated at a table with an electric outlet. We ate dinner and called all of our relatives to say goodbye. We would be gone for Christmas so we wished everyone an early Merry Christmas. I also finished our Christmas cards during dinner. I ordered photocards from Shutterfly so I really wanted to get those out.

After dinner we had to prepare for our international flight. I told Dan to take out his contacts and we both slipped into some more comfortable clothes. At this point I was so excited for my husband to be making his first overseas trip!

We finally boarded our flight to CDG. The flight was rather uneventful. DH and I both tried to sleep, but I don’t think either of us did. He was too busy playing with the entertainment system. I was too. I think a lot of people were enjoying watching Ratatouille as we crossed the Atlantic. I had a conversation with a younger woman while waiting for the bathroom and she thought it was so fitting that it was one of our options. I think I put it on in French and slept for a short while after that.

I don’t remember much else about our flight except when the sun began to rise (it is now December 20). I was so excited when we began to see land again! So I again started telling Dan stories about my last trip to France because we were flying over the areas I visited on that trip (Normandy/Brittany). We were served breakfast and shortly thereafter touched down at CDG. I was giddy to be at CDG again because I am a huge U2 fan and the video for “Beautiful Day” was shot on the runway at CDG so I kept telling DH that Bono had been RIGHT HERE before.

On the plane after we arrived at CDG:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DSC00792.jpg

I love the interior of CDG
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/cdg-paris2.jpg

We got our luggage--we had the 1 HUGE suitcase, a smaller carry-on suitcase, backpack and my purse-- and had to dig out our winter gear because it was COLD that morning. We then had to find the RER train station. DH and I speak very little French so we had to decode things. Speaking some Italian and Spanish makes decoding words a bit easier. I’ve never encountered a French person who was hesitant to speak English to me. On the way to the train station, we stopped by the currency exchange place and got totally ripped off—but we had Euros now, yay!

Once at the train station (which is inside the airport) we tried using the automated machines to no avail. We had to wait in line to purchase our tickets into Paris. I’m fairly good with navigating the Metro in Paris so I found the best route for us and we purchased our tickets. Our train had very few people on it so it was a beautiful ride through the countryside and into Paris. We called our parents from the train to let them know we’d arrived safely.

RER Station @ CDG
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/235023355_3368df1db4.jpg

Paris Metro Map- We had fun choosing our routes around the city.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/france_metro_rer_map-1.jpg

The most difficult part of getting to our hotel was walking with our luggage. I made a bad choice about which station to get off at. It was not close to our hotel so we had to lug the HUGE suitcase through the tiny streets of Passy.

We had quite a time finding our hotel. I’d read it was tricky to find. Luckily, I found a lady on TripAdvisor who had just stayed at Les Hauts de Passy. I emailed her and she was kind enough to answer my questions about the hotel and neighborhood. I happened to forget her tips after a sleepless flight! We managed to find our hotel and I was in love!

Les Hauts de Passy, exterior
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/image_hotel_exterior_entrance_1.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/image_hotel_exterior_hotelstreet_1.jpg

Our hotel was located in a neighborhood, not a touristy area, but a genuine Parisian neighborhood (Passy). The street we were on was a pedestrian street that had a market every day! Of course, there was also a McDonald’s on the end that DH wanted to eat at all the time, but the McDonald’s also had free Wi-Fi so it worked well for us. I’m also a Coke addict so it was good for that as well.

Our street
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/looking-out-our-hotel.jpg

Can you see the McDonald's at the very end?
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/street-where-the-hotel.jpg

We checked into our hotel and the gentleman at the front desk was polite. He spoke to us in English and had no problems with doing so. We asked him about Internet access and were told we could purchase a card with minutes on it. We then ventured up the scary elevator to our room. Our room was nothing to sing about. It was a basic European hotel room. We had a bathroom (w/ shower), bed, desk, small closet, and TV. Nothing fancy, but just what we needed. We had intended to do things to keep ourselves awake, but we ended up falling asleep until evening. We woke up, went to McDonald’s for dinner, tried to get the Wi-Fi to work, went back to our room and crashed again. This worked to our advantage because we were able to get up in the morning and not really deal with jet lag too much.

Our hotel room, excuse the mess
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/DSC01082.jpg

*Lifted from Tripadvisor as I forgot to take pics... Our room was identical, maybe even the same room.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/unconfortable-bed.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/place-to-hang-only-3.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/chair-table-and-no-place.jpg

Our tiny bathroom
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/small-small-bathroom.jpg

So that’s the end of day 1… it gets better! We didn’t spend our entire honeymoon asleep or at McDonald’s I promise!!

Up next… Day 2: Notre Dame, “Do you speak English?” gypsies, Subway, Pompidou Centre, crepes, Notre Dame at night

figmentfan814
07-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Wow! I never realized you started your honeymoon portion of the report. If you're still up to it; I would love to read more. We have never been to Europe and are planning to go in 2012 (DH wants to go to the World Cup :rotfl: ) I would love to hear about your experiences at Disneyland Paris. It's so strange how jet lag drags you down so much. When we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon we were in bed by 9:30 or 10 pm every night; that 6 hours nearly killed us!