PDA

View Full Version : Tipping for room service?

Ali
12-23-2007, 08:09 AM
We will be at AKL and never get room service but I was thinking about doing it and I have seen all the service charges and things that get automatically added on, and I haven't figured out if you are still supposed to cash tip the delivery person?

Let me know - don't want to do it wrong and forever have bad room service juju.

Thanks!

DVC Sadie
12-23-2007, 09:18 AM
We will be at AKL and never get room service but I was thinking about doing it and I have seen all the service charges and things that get automatically added on, and I haven't figured out if you are still supposed to cash tip the delivery person?

Let me know - don't want to do it wrong and forever have bad room service juju.

Thanks!

The tip is already added on to the room service bill and when you sign it will show a 18% tip included. If for some reason it doesn't show the 18% just ask the server and they will tell you.

I hope you have a lovely time at the AKL and enjoy the room service.

disnut8
12-23-2007, 11:02 AM
We hardly ever order room service ourselves (we are CHEAP!). But I turned to the masters of pricy hotel stays - my in-laws (for medical conventions). You do not have to tip for room service unless you feel that the service provided is above and beyond the 18% gratuity automatically included. If you usually tip 20%, then add another 2%. Otherwise, just sign the bill and leave the tip line blank.

Ali
12-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Thank you - this is what I thought happened with that 18% but I just wanted to make sure. DH is cheap and is going to be in for a surprise when I valet park and get room service!

Hey - it's my birthday present to myself!

Merry Merry!

fla4fun
12-23-2007, 01:18 PM
We usually pay cash for room service. The 18% is already included, but we usually pay in round dollars and let them keep the change as well. Sometimes it works out well for them, sometimes not so well, but they don't always carry coins, so it's just easier for both sides.