PDA

View Full Version : 14 more days???! Is it possible?!

NicInNC
12-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Is it possible to plan a WDW vacation in just 14 days? We got an unexpected check in the mail and it would cover the entire cost of a Disney trip for a week. If I can get off and DH can get off, we're going to try and go the week of the 21st.

Here's our plan:

We won't tell the kids. This is a complete surprise. I am going to buy each of them a Disney World tshirt and Minnie Mouse ears off ebay. We will take the kids to school the morning of Friday January 18th as usual. Then I'll rush home and we'll hurry and pack up the van. We'll hopefully be ready to head out within an hour or two and we'll go to the kids school and have them come to the office. We will have on Mickey mouse ears and be holding their t-shirts up. I'm going to write on the van "Disney World Bound!" and hopefully they'll understand. We'll then let them know that we're going straight from the school house! Doesn't that sound fun?! Is it possible? I need any tips, info, discounts, etc. Help! We really, really, really want this to happen.

earthfaries
12-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Is it possible to plan a WDW vacation in just 14 days? We got an unexpected check in the mail and it would cover the entire cost of a Disney trip for a week. If I can get off and DH can get off, we're going to try and go the week of the 21st.

Here's our plan:

We won't tell the kids. This is a complete surprise. I am going to buy each of them a Disney World tshirt and Minnie Mouse ears off ebay. We will take the kids to school the morning of Friday January 18th as usual. Then I'll rush home and we'll hurry and pack up the van. We'll hopefully be ready to head out within an hour or two and we'll go to the kids school and have them come to the office. We will have on Mickey mouse ears and be holding their t-shirts up. I'm going to write on the van "Disney World Bound!" and hopefully they'll understand. We'll then let them know that we're going straight from the school house! Doesn't that sound fun?! Is it possible? I need any tips, info, discounts, etc. Help! We really, really, really want this to happen.

That is so exciting!!! It will be your first trip to the World??? How wonderful:wizard:

Writing on the van is a great idea, here is another fun thing to do ... we always write on the back side window of our van, actually both sides...one side says "WDW Here We Come" and the other says "Honk if you love Disney World!" We live in Asheville NC and as soon as we get on the road all the way to Disney people are honking and waving on the expressway, at stop lights~it's so fun!!!
You can plan in 2 weeks but you need to scour these boards and check our www.allears.net for great info. A couple of basic tips...head to the back of the parks first, lots of people come in and take their time up front. Hit the biggest best rides first. Get a fast pass for the ride, then ride it and then use you FP or get a FP, ride a ride near it then use your FP.
We always get to the parks before they open to beat crowds.

Since this is your first visit and you are short on time you might just want to subscribe to tour guide mike for about $18.00 I think. He will give you touring plans to help with crowds, tips, etc.

Good luck planning and I know you all will have fun!!!

We are leaving for WDW in 13 days:banana:

NicInNC
12-28-2007, 08:04 PM
I love your ideas of the cars honking!

We had to change our dates and so we are now going Jan 20-27! We also decided to tow our pop up camper and so I made our reservations yesterday at Fort Wilderness. I'm so excited that I can't stand it and it's KILLING me having to keep this a secret from the kids. It's like I'm having to be excited all alone.

We're going to leave the night before (after hubby gets off work at 7pm) our arrival date and drive to Georgia. That way we'll be almost halfway there and we can get a good nights sleep and arrive in Florida earlier in the day. Hopefully the campsite will be empty and we can check in early and hit the parks!

I posted in this forum asking for ideas of how to "tell" the kids via a scavenger hunt the day we leave.

earthfaries
12-29-2007, 08:59 AM
I read some great ideas after christmas about scavenger hunts. One lady left clues around the house that finally led to a suitcase and in the suitcase she had a puzzle to put together. It said something like yes, we're going on a trip, but can you figure out where? She bought a little kids 40ish piece puzzle and glued her paper on it I guess and wrote about WDW. It sounded so fun.
My son really wants me to surprise him on year. I am really going to try next time by telling him we're going to Tampa to the museums and the beach. I have already started by telling him next time we are going to the beach, not WDW.
It sounds so fun camping at FW. You have got to eat there at Trails End. It's the best and cheapest place to eat at WDW!!!

NicInNC
12-29-2007, 09:53 AM
The puzzle is a GREAT idea! I've even seen blank puzzles that you can buy and draw your own picture on them. I'll have to see if Michaels or some place like that has them. Thank you!

I see you're from Asheville. We just went on a field trip there with my dd's 4th grade class to the Biltmore Estate. I've lived in NC since 1987 and it was the first time I had been there. It was all decorated for Christmas and so beautiful! Asheville is such a beautiful part of our state.

earthfaries
12-29-2007, 09:56 AM
The puzzle is a GREAT idea! I've even seen blank puzzles that you can buy and draw your own picture on them. I'll have to see if Michaels or some place like that has them. Thank you!

I see you're from Asheville. We just went on a field trip there with my dd's 4th grade class to the Biltmore Estate. I've lived in NC since 1987 and it was the first time I had been there. It was all decorated for Christmas and so beautiful! Asheville is such a beautiful part of our state.

It really is beautiful here and there is so much to do. We get annual passes to Biltmore Estate and go there anytime we want to walk or picnic or just do something fun like explore the house or winery.

Where at in NC do you live?

NicInNC
12-29-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm in Winston-Salem. :)

summersalt
12-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Oh man, Nic.... I'm so excited for you!!!

We'll be there from th 19 - 26 and will be staying at Pop.

The campground is wonderful. You are going to have a blast!