PDA

View Full Version : Cam & Howard's Vow Renewal PJ -1/12/09 - WP&WH--p.98: TRIP REPORT BEGINS

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

keenercam
12-12-2007, 04:58 PM
First of all, I really want to thank everyone who has taken the time to post planning journals and wedding trip reports and planning session reports. Everything is so helpful to see and to hear about. And I have enjoyed reading everyone's PJ's so much, that it inspired me to start mine now, rather than a month from now, when a lot of details will be ironed out.

Wow! Where to start? I have read so many wonderful and entertaining planning sessions that I am completely intimidated and worried about boring all of you! :rolleyes: And this will probably be so much more information than anyone wants, and I am sorry for all the background and the NOVEL, but it is all very relevant to understanding what we're doing, why we're doing it, and how it is all going to play out. :)

A little about me and my dream for happily ever after: From the time I was a little girl, I had no self-esteem. I was just the most pathetic thing. Looking back now, I feel sorry for the child I was, nearly blind, very overweight, long braids to my knees, and just not cute. But for as far back as I can remember, I dreamed of having someone fall in love with me. It's funny how I didn't wish to fall in love. I wished for someone to love me. For as far back as I can remember, every single star I wished on and every single candle I blew out, the wish was the same -- "Please God, let me find someone who will love me for me."

Howard is truly the answer to every wish I ever wished and is my every dream come true. I am still in awe that this truly good person, this amazing, generous, gorgeous, loving man is crazy about me. I used to joke that I thought he'd get tired of me at some point, but I thank God for him every day and he continues to love me. Not a day goes by that he doesn't tell me that he loves me or that I am his world. I've grown into his love. I'm a better and more confident person because he loves me. I would marry him all over again, with every heartbeat, every day.

How we met: Howard and I met while at different Pennsylvania colleges in October 1982. We were both involved with Circle K International, a co-ed college service organization affiliated with Kiwanis (both our clubs worked with Special Olympics and the organization is still very important in our lives). He was at college in the Pittsburgh area and I was college at the eastern-most part of the state and, as officers at our respective clubs, we both attended a leadership training conference at a retreat center mid-state. When we walked into the lodge to register Friday night, the conversation with my friend Liza went something like this:
Me: Oh, my God. Who is that guy? (across the room)
Liza: “Kevin ___?”
Me: “No, I know Kevin. The other guy. The really cute guy with the baseball cap.”
Liza: “Howie? You think Howie is cute?”
Me: “Yeah, he has the greatest smile!” (He had just laughed at something Kevin said).
Liza: “He has braces and glasses!”
Me: “I don’t care. He has the greatest smile. You know what, Liza? I’m going to marry him.”
Liza: “What about C___?” (my unofficial no-ring-yet “fiancé”)
Me: “C who?”

Liza introduced us and apparently Howard asked to have me assigned to the group he was leading that weekend. We ended up dancing the last slow dance at the Saturday night party and I literally knew what it was to tremble in someone's arms. Someone happened to take a picture of us at some point that weekend, when we were doing a team-building exercise where you rub the person’s shoulders in front of you and ask three questions. I can’t remember the questions, but I remember having goosebumps being near him.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cc29b3127cceb1f4f4e9b69f00000025100Ibt3DRs2cMT

At the end of the weekend, we exchanged addresses and started a penpal relationship that lasted until we got married. In the meantime, I went home the next weekend on fall break and C and I looked at rings, though always intending that he’d finish college and med school and I’d finish college and law school and THEN we’d marry.

It took me until February to break up with him (we'd been best friends since I was in 7th grade and he was in 8th grade and we'd sort of evolved into being the couple everyone assumed we'd end up being). By that point, I was completely convinced that my penpal was “the one” and if I could wait more than 8 years to marry C, then he definitely was NOT “the one.” In the interim, Howard wrote to me constantly and was way over the top about me. So much so that I even broke up with him fro a while that spring because I thought he was "too over the top" about me. We only saw each other at three conventions and state organization meetings that spring and summer, but the time we spent together was wonderful. Unfortunately, I started to doubt us and I wasn’t sure I wanted someone who was so seemingly infatuated with me. I had no self-esteem and didn’t trust that his feelings were real or warranted.

I broke up with him in early fall. But I got to missing him so much by November that I called to say “hi.” His step-Dad told me he was in Texas interviewing for a job, had just accepted it and was coming home to get his stuff and then moving to Texas. I left a message for him to call me and I thank God that it was Dave (his step-Dad) that took the message and passed it along. I am not confident anyone else in his family would have. When he called me when he got home from the interview, I congratulated him on the job, but persuaded him to visit me at my campus for a weekend - -“after all, we’ll probably never see each other again.” Kissing him that weekend convinced me we belonged together. Apparently, he had been convinced all along. This is us that weekend:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii221/keenercam/fall1983.jpg

He moved to Texas but didn’t stay long. By the end of Thanksgiving weekend, he was back in Western PA and we talked a lot about how we’d support ourselves for the next several years if we decided to marry rather than wait. We saw each other a couple times during the spring semester and he came to visit me when I went home late May. At that point, we’d been together a grand total of 18 days between conventions, state officer meetings and other visits when we could afford a bus ticket for him. We’d exchanged easily more than a hundred letters, and I was convinced we knew each other better than if we’d been best friends since childhood. So, my parents finally met him that May and they were seriously prejudiced against him (too ugly to get into here) because of his family background. My father begrudgingly “gave permission” for us to marry but did the Old-World Italian not-so-veiled-threat thing. Thank God Howard didn’t take him seriously. Howard proposed at Six Flags Great Adventure on the sky ride on 5/26/84 and I settled in to enjoy a long engagement. This is our engagement picture:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cc29b3127cceb1f4f454371200000025100Ibt3DRs2cMT

I met his family in October 1984 and I’m not so sure they liked me. As far as they were concerned it seemed, I was a spoiled girl who had persuaded their Howard to give up a great opportunity in Texas and then Pittsburgh for the possibility of us getting married. In the interim we were 325 miles apart, burning up the phone lines and killing a lot of trees writing letters and spending pennies neither of us had buying stamps. By December 7, I decided all I wanted for Christmas was to begin my life with Howard.

Whewwwwww. .... that is SUCH a long introduction. Coming up next – "How I survived my mother’s dream wedding."

Kristen14
12-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Great start! Dont worry about boring anyone... its your journal so write all you want! :thumbsup2

keenercam
12-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Thank you, Kristen! Oh my goodness! You must be getting so excited!!! :banana:

caryndisneydiva
12-12-2007, 08:41 PM
you guys are so cute! i can't wait to read more! i miss six flags Great Adventure, we closed our six flags here in tx...can't wait to read more!

padisneyfour
12-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Welcome. we are planning our VR for our 20th anniversary. look forward to reading all your plans...

mla1977
12-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Congrats on making a long distance thing work!

keenercam
12-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Oh, thank you so much, everyone!

Well, I should get on with the story.

Howard and I planned to get married at the equivalent of city hall. We told my parents on 12/7 that we were getting married 12/22 and they could be there if they wanted, but if not, that was fine. I knew they were SOOO against this marriage and I just didn't want to put any of us through the unhappiness of them having to be there if they didn't want to be. It wouldn't stop us. They were scandalized that we weren't getting married in the Catholic Church. Very Old-World Italian.

Howard had that year converted to Catholicism and I was very active with Newman Association (essentially the Catholic youth group on campus), planning liturgy for Mass each week, helping to plan the music, playing guitar during Mass, etc. and Father Tom really wanted us to be married in the Catholic Church, notwithstanding the mandatory waiting period. He got permission from the Archdioscese to marry us in the Catholic Church on campus. I told my parents that the location and officiant had changed.

2 days later, my mother called and told me she'd spent the last two days of her life looking for a wedding dress large enough for someone my size and had finally found the only one made that large. Yep. Demanded I come home that weekend so that her friend Nikki could figure out how much lace she'd need to insert in the sides so that the dress could be zipped. I was studying for finals and applying to law schools, but to keep the peace, went home and got fitted for the dress. It was not at all anything I would have chosen if I had tried it on and seen that I looked pregnant-- the dress was spanish style with layers of lace and an empire waist.

Howard and I decided I'd do anything my parents wanted for the wedding, to keep the peace. And we were going to be staying at my parents house the first few weeks of our marriage because we had no place else to live. Ultimately, when I went back for my last semester, Howard had to stay with them because colllege rules did not permit him to live with me on campus. As soon as we could, we got our own apartment near where I'd attend law school.

Back to wedding plans -- I found out that weekend at home that my mother had already also ordered my flowers and they were going to be a surprise -- they turned out to be a white plastic fan covered in lace with silk roses in white and ivory and pink. I insisted on picking out my MoH's flowers and DM pitched a fit -- how dare I try to take over when she'd done all the work to make this the perfect wedding? I didnt' have time to shop for undergarments in NJ that weekend, but figured I'd deal with it later. She called the next day to say she'd bought undergarments and stockings. She'd bring it all with her on the big day. Oh, and they'd ordered my cake. What kind? It was a surprise.

Things were so bad with my parents because of their prejudices against Howard related to his family, his nationality, his socioeconomic situation, his education, etc. etc. Ultimately, Howard's Stepfather decided not to come to the wedding so that my parents wouldn't cause a scene or boycott it - to the day he died, I loved Dave and thanked him for raising my husband to be the man he is.

Even with all that melodrama that can only happen in a first-generation (American) Italian household, my DM was furious that she wasn't my MoH after all the work she'd done. And because I didnt' invite her to come up the night before to spend that last night together. Yes, you are getting a very clear picture. I could go on and on, but I probably sound like a total jerk, so I'll leave all the rest of the background out. Needless to say, my MoH (dear friend, Marie) had her hands full dealing with the melodrama leading up to and through the wedding - how unique is that? MoH dealing with melodrama, instead of dealing OUT melodrama!

Our wedding was set for noon. My parents arrived on campus with all my clothes, DH's tux, and the wedding cake and champagne at 11:30. I was dressed in a towel because I was completely packed to move home for the winter break. The wedding didn't start until 12:30. Nothing bothered me. I didnt' care what I was wearing or anything.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cc29b3127cceb1f4f41fb66900000025100Ibt3DRs2cMT

All that mattered to me was that by the end of the day, I'd be married to Howard. He was the light in my life, literally the reason I awoke happy each day at a time of my life that was otherwise filled with stress and strife and sadness.

Howard and I, with Father Tom, planned the entire ceremony and enlisted the help of our dearest friends to make it special. My MoH was my former roommate and dear friend (now Godparent to both our kids) and Howard's Best Man was his best friend from HS. The ceremony was incredibly gorgeous and personal. My roommates played the piano for all the music except for Pachabel's Canon in D, which we had on a tape. My youngest brother sang "The Wedding Song." My dear friend, Mark did the readings. There wasn't a dry eye in house.

We were so young and so much in love and we only had eyes for each other. I swear, I could have walked down that aisle in the rattiest of jeans and a sweatshirt and I am sure I would have seen the exact same look of joy and wonderment and awe on Howard's face when our eyes met that I saw as I came down the aisle in someone else's dream dress and juliet cap. ;) We said vows we wrote for each other and were surrounded by 84 people who took time out of their crazy pre-Christmas schedules to share our joy -- our sweet friend, Marti, even delayed her flight home to Singapore for Christmas break to share our day. :cloud9: 82 of those people really wanted to be there. 2 were there because "otherwise, what would people think?" I'd bet no more than 5 of them thought we'd last even six months, much less through the stress of law school and essentially, poverty. I'm sure many thought we were making the biggest mistake of our lives. I learned later that many of them thought I was pregnant (and I'm sure the dress and the huge fan carried in front of me didn't help! :lmao: ) But almost all of them were there with love and joy and best wishes to support us. Howard and I could not have been happier. We shut ourselves off from all the negativity and just felt joy and optimism.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cc29b3127cceb437a227071000000005100Ibt3DRs2cMT

The reception was at Newman house. Champagne & a 4 tier italian rum cake decorated in white with neon pink and aqua blue flowers. My mother always wanted a colorful wedding cake and never had a cake at all. I'm glad she got her wish. The cake was delicious and unique and I swear, if we were smiling any bigger in the pictures, you'd see our wisdom teeth!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cc32b3127cceb1bbeb1c725400000025100Ibt3DRs2cMT

At the end of the day, we were married. It's been nearly 23 years. :cloud9: :love: :flower3:

I am still so outrageously, desperately in love with this man that I chose when only my heart was mature enough to make such an amazing life-altering choice. I'm glad common sense didn't win out. I'm glad that when God answered my every prayer and granted my every wish wished on every star and every birthday cake candle, that I didn't hesitate too long, that I took the chance, trusted God and Howard, and began what has truly been a "happily ever after."

Hopefully, in January 2009, we will have our dream wedding. Howard wants me to try on every dress I've ever dreamed of wearing. He wants my choice to be "bridesy". He wants me to have every thing a girl would ever dream of were she to plan her own wedding and choose her own clothes. :rotfl2: He wants me to enjoy the planning and he wants to share in that joy and he wants me to be surrounded by people who love me and who "get" my dream of not only renewing our vows to each other, but doing it at our favorite place in the world with our children and friends and family sharing our day.

I'm pretty sure the theme of our wedding/vow renewal will be "And all of their wishes have come true."

To those of you still with me, thanks for hanging in. I figured it is only if you know the background that you can begin to understand what I am about to do. :scared1: The next 12+ months will be full of fun planning. I can't wait! :goodvibes

BayouPrincess
12-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Great start Cam!

I love the old pictures of you two. I just posted an old picture of my DH and I on my PJ. I can't wait to hear more!popcorn::

padisneyfour
12-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Great start and wonderful beginning to your fairy tale.... looking forward to hearing more.

Kristen14
12-13-2007, 10:20 AM
What a great story Cam! I got a little teary-eyed reading that! I cant wait to see how you'll do things differently this time around.

mcarthur205
12-13-2007, 10:30 AM
What a beautiful story so far! DH and I are planning a VR for April 2009. Our 25th Anniversary is in January 2009 but because of school holidays and work commitments, we're going to wait a couple of months and have it in April.

I didn't get the wedding I wanted the first time either! We had very little money and what we had went on the deposit for our first home, etc. So we're going to have what we (I) want this time! :)

I'm going to wait until I get my date with Disney before starting a PJ but I'm enjoying reading yours in the meantime! Can't wait for more........

keenercam
12-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Thank you so much, everyone, for your support and enthusiasm! :grouphug: I really worried that people would think this is a waste of time and money and energy, but it seems that so many couples did their first wedding the way their families wanted.

Our DFTW Wedding Consultant is Joe DeMattei and he has been so incredibly wonderful -- enthusiastic, upbeat, supportive! He has given us so many great ideas already, so that we can start to shape our plans and decide what decisions we want to make, and which items we are already set on. He has been just absolutely amazing. Did I already say that? ;) He didn't even hesitate when I told him this will be a VR that will look exactly like a wedding, less the license and the Priest. :) He said so many DFTW VR couples weren't in a position to have all of the elements they wanted, either because they were not financially able or because of other considerations, and that his objective is to make sure that we have exactly what we want. I am getting all teary just thinking about how he made me feel so great and validated my dream. Does that make sense?

We already have so many "pieces" of this in the works. I'll be back soon to tell you all about that. Isn't this exciting? :banana: Thank you for letting me share with you!

Geekerbell
12-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Oh, Cam! By the time I finished reading your back story I was in tears! Isn't it wonderful that even through all the stress our family causes us, the love between us and our DH is really the only thing that matters.

I am so looking forward to reading about your planning!

keenercam
12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Thank you, Laura!
I should probably add a bit more context as to how this ball got rolling.

In February 1995, I was diagnosed with a rare, life threatening heart condition. I had four heart surgeries over the course of 9 years and 11 months, and it was only that last one in January 2005 that was finally successful. I literally had a new chance at life and went to work on getting healthy and fit. I sgned up for the 2006 WDW 1/2 marathon which was one year and one day from the date of my cure, and I set out to lose weight and get back on my feet.

Now, more than 70 pounds lighter and with a few endurance event medals and tens of 5k tee-shirts sitting on my shelf for events I've walked & jogged, I'm a totally different person (in so many ways). I became a part of the WISH Race team here on the DIS Boards and found some of the best friends and have come to know some of the best people I have ever met in my life. The WISH team is a HUGE part of who I am and directly responsible for helping me stay on track to constantly strive to be healthier and more fit. Being a marathon participant is a big part of who I am. I completed my first full marathon this past January and will do the 15th anniversary WDW Full Marathon this January. It seems only fitting that our VR would have something to do with that passion.

Here we are with a few of our WISH friends from an October race at WDW:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce10b3127ccebea610f55b1a00000046100Ibt3DRs2cMT

I recently had a serious health scare and on the day I had a small surgical procedure related to it, I decided I needed a distraction, and called DFTW. The next day Joe called me back, and here we are rolling merrily along!

Some things are pretty definite already, depending on WDW's ability to accommodate us. Most importantly, we are hoping to do the vow renewal marathon weekend of 2009, so that so many of our teammates who are now among our dearest friends can attend without having to carve time out of their lives to make an additional trip to WDW. And these are friends who definitely "GET" our passion & love for all things Disney. It will make for a large, boisterous FUN group. (The only issue may be whether any of us will be in any shape to boogie at the reception! :cool1: :banana: :laughing: )

MistressOfAllEvil
12-13-2007, 02:58 PM
What a great story Cam! I got a little teary-eyed reading that! I cant wait to see how you'll do things differently this time around.

Oh, Cam! By the time I finished reading your back story I was in tears! Isn't it wonderful that even through all the stress our family causes us, the love between us and our DH is really the only thing that matters.

I am so looking forward to reading about your planning!

Me tooo! Tears, I tell ya.

Cam,

Your story is so touching and I (and everyone else, I think) wants to read more. Have no fear of boring anyone. You have such a rich history and sharing it with us is such a gift. I'm so glad that you're are healthy and happy. Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

DisneyLaura
12-13-2007, 03:05 PM
cam - what a wonderful story. Now that's fate. I have been married for 11 years this past Oct and I recently have joined the DIS boards and I started to follow some of the weddings here. But I will have to say eevn though I love weddings and I love the fact that the weddings are at Disney but I love that someone is doing a vow renewal PJ. I plan on having a vow renewal when DH and I hit the 25th anniver so I guess I can "stea;" some ideas from you. Can't wait to hear more, and see more. Those old pictures are great too.popcorn::

keenercam
12-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Wendy -- your words really touched my heart. Here I was worried that you all would be bored and I'd be so lonely here. ;) Thank you so much for sharing my joy!

Laura -- Thank you! I am so glad you are planning a VR, too. I hope that I can share everything I learn as I go through this process. I think the unique thing about a VR is that I'm a bit older and have an appreciation for certain elements that might not have meant as much to me the first time around. I really am excited about providing for our guests a gorgeous reception venue and wonderful food! And the more people we can accommodate at our dessert party the happier I will be!

Oh, I am having so much fun being here with all of you! I pore over the planning journals and trip reports and cut and paste and save and share and really, truly enjoy watching everyone's dream day come to fruition! :grouphug:

Kristen14
12-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Cam, are you 208 in that pic? I think it's great that you're running the marathons. :dance3: I have a heart condition also (nothing super serious) but I cant ever imagine running a marathon... even if my heart was ok i dont think my knees could handle it!

BayouPrincess
12-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Good Gravy! How am I supposed to get any work done when all I want to do is read more of your PJ. :rolleyes1

I love it Cam...keep up the good work. I love your story.

keenercam
12-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Cam, are you 208 in that pic? I think it's great that you're running the marathons. :dance3: I have a heart condition also (nothing super serious) but I cant ever imagine running a marathon... even if my heart was ok i dont think my knees could handle it!

Kristen - yes, I am bib number 208 in that race. And I can't run a marathon either. I only recently jogged the entirety of a 5k. But if you train for it, you CAN finish a marathon!! The Mickey medal is soooooo worth it!
This is me with my main mouse a few days after this year's marathon:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce10b3127ccebebd48273b3600000036100Ibt3DRs2cMT

Oh, and here I was 70+ pounds ago, with two of the loves of my life!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce10b3127ccebebd371a7bac00000035100Ibt3DRs2cMT

Oh, thank you, BayouPrincess! BTW, What a pretty user name!

Kristen14
12-13-2007, 06:20 PM
I love the mickey medal, its sooo cute!! Do you get one just for finishing? Congrats on losing 70lbs... thats better than the medal!

keenercam
12-13-2007, 08:31 PM
I love the mickey medal, its sooo cute!! Do you get one just for finishing? Congrats on losing 70lbs... thats better than the medal!

Thanks, Kristen! Yes, if you can finish 26.2 miles in the required time limit, you get a medal! The very same medal as the fourth place finisher! :rotfl2:

Lisacope
12-13-2007, 08:42 PM
I had Joe too! Isn't he awesome! I am really having fun planning my DFTW -VR - I am glad we can share our VR ideas together!

keenercam
12-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Lisa -- I LOVE your PJ. I have read all of it and, as I posted there, I love your dress! It is so perfect on you! I wish I had your figure and gorgeous arms to pull off something like that! :sunny:

caryndisneydiva
12-14-2007, 09:31 AM
cam,

what a great story! i admire you for perservering and changing your life for the better! my goal is to run a marathon, it was actually my goal in 2006, but i too ended up having surgery twice that year...i have to tell you, the picture of the medal with your "main mouse" is strikingly inspiring for me...

also, i am so happy that you're going to have your "dream wedding" at disney and i think it's so sweet that you'll do it during marathon weekend so EVERYONE can be around! that's great! i can't wait to see pics of the dresses that you'll try on!!! are your kids going to be involved in your ceremony?

can't wait to read more!!!

keenercam
12-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks, Caryn!
Yes, DD will be 20 by then and will be my MoH and DS will be 15 and will be Howard's BM. My best friend in the world is Jason, with whom I've been friends since I was born ( ;) Our parents were best friends and even though they lost touch somewhere along the line, Jason & I were old enough at that point to nurture and appreciate a friendship.) I've already asked Jason to walk me down the aisle and he was very sentimental about it and said he won't miss it for the world. :goodvibes

DisneyLaura
12-14-2007, 06:05 PM
I've already asked Jason to walk me down the aisle and he was very sentimental about it and said he won't miss it for the world. :goodvibes

That's great.

KeenHo
12-15-2007, 05:46 PM
I am the the DH and perhaps the most blessed man in the world. Thank you for posting and listening to our story. Have fun and good luck to all of you! :goodvibes

Howard

caryndisneydiva
12-15-2007, 08:26 PM
oh yay! i love when the grooms get on!!!

DisneyLaura
12-15-2007, 08:36 PM
I am the the DH and perhaps the most blessed man in the world. Thank you for posting and listening to our story. Have fun and good luck to all of you! :goodvibes

Howard

Howard it's a great story and so glad I found the PJ. You're a real wonderful hubby.

Laura :flower3:

keenercam
12-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Hi, everyone! Isn't he wonderful?

Well, we are planning a Christmas trip to Disney's Hilton Head resort and I think once we get back, I will really start focusing on a list of questions for when we meet with Joe on January 15.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share what our "vision" is for things right now.

Date: January 12, 2009 (the Monday after marathon weekend)
MK portrait session in the early a.m.
VR at WP at 10:00 am w/organ for music
Reception at GF? Undecided but possibly a buffet; DJ

WISHes dessert party Sunday night at a GF location. I think there might be a location at the Contemporary, too, but I have to look into that.

Attendants--
DD Jenn (will be 20) as Maid of Honor
DS Andrew (will be 15) as Best Man

Colors: to be decided
Photographer: Randy Chapman

Unsure about anything else yet. Someone on here posted the most exquisite invitation and I have to go back and find it. It had a photograph of the castle (muted) with a vellum overlay with the invitation wording on it. Since I want to do a cardsandpockets or mountaincow type folder invitation, I'd love to figure out a way to do the castle picture/vellum overlay in such a way that it could be pulled out and the castle picture saved. I have to give that some thought.

Lisacope
12-16-2007, 11:52 AM
We are doing it at the GF Marina Patio - they will be piping the music in. I didn't know they had a location at the Contemporary - where is it?

keenercam
12-16-2007, 12:02 PM
We are doing it at the GF Marina Patio - they will be piping the music in. I didn't know they had a location at the Contemporary - where is it?

Lisa -- someone told me there is a restaurant in the Contemporary where there is a lounge next to it where you can watch WISHES. I had never heard this before.

DisneyLaura
12-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Lisa -- someone told me there is a restaurant in the Contemporary where there is a lounge next to it where you can watch WISHES. I had never heard this before.

I believe, correct me if I am wrong, it's the California Grill at the Comteporary Resort where you can watch Wishes.

Cam - everything sounds great so far. When you get a picture of the invites please post them. I would love to see them. Also I searched for disney invites online, let me see if I can remember the name. I guess you can search disney wedding invitations and get ones that way.

keenercam
12-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks, Laura. I really have to remember whose planning journal I saw those invitations in. They were exquisite and I smile every time I think of them.

disneydani
12-16-2007, 05:33 PM
I believe, correct me if I am wrong, it's the California Grill at the Comteporary Resort where you can watch Wishes.

There are two private dining room next to the Cali Grill. Sonoma Room overlooks Bay Lake. The Napa Room has a MK view of the castle. You can see Wishes from there or step out onto the catwalk that is shared with the restaurant. We are hosting my son's Bar Mitzvah dinner in the Napa Room in March.

danielle

keenercam
12-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Oh,Danielle, that sounds wonderful! Thanks for the information. I will definitely ask Joe about those locations, but I'm thinking the location at GF beach is probably quieter and maybe more private. We will definitely check out the location when we are down there in 4 weeks !!!! :woohoo:

BaBeeCee14
12-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi Cam!

The Napa Room was one of the locations I was thinking about having my reception in. One of the reasons why I loved the Napa Room so much is because of the beautiful view of MK. We ended up going with LSS because we got engaged in Epcot, but the Napa Room would've definitely been my next choice. Anyway, I'm sure whatever you choose will be beautiful.

HolyCowImADisneyBrde
12-17-2007, 01:12 AM
We also almost chose the Napa Room for our reception! I have a few pictures of it..
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/shalsey76/1.jpg
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/shalsey76/2.jpg
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/shalsey76/3.jpg
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/shalsey76/wedloccgn1.jpg
As previously stated, it's a private room so only your party would be in there, obviously, so it'd be really private. (I know, great word choice - it's late! :lmao: ) Also, one of the reasons we decided not to use this location is because you have to utilize the California Grill's menu, you can't make your own like at the other reception locations. It is beautiful though! Hope that helps!

BaBeeCee14
12-17-2007, 08:40 AM
We also almost chose the Napa Room for our reception! I have a few pictures of it..
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/shalsey76/1.jpg
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/shalsey76/2.jpg
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/shalsey76/3.jpg
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/shalsey76/wedloccgn1.jpg
As previously stated, it's a private room so only your party would be in there, obviously, so it'd be really private. (I know, great word choice - it's late! :lmao: ) Also, one of the reasons we decided not to use this location is because you have to utilize the California Grill's menu, you can't make your own like at the other reception locations. It is beautiful though! Hope that helps!

Aww Shanna! Those are great pictures of the Napa Room. I wish I could have 2 receptions because I really love that location also. It was a really hard decision to make :guilty:.

HolyCowImADisneyBrde
12-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Aww Shanna! Those are great pictures of the Napa Room. I wish I could have 2 receptions because I really love that location also. It was a really hard decision to make :guilty:.

I know!!! Seriously. :sad2: When I was uploading the pics into Photobucket, I pouted and felt like I died a little bit inside :rotfl: Hopefully we made the right choice for us though! It's definitely the hardest choice I've had to make thus far!

keenercam
12-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Wow! That venue is gorgeous!! Since we are just doing a dessert party, I am thinking that location might not be a viable option for us. I really don't want to spend a lot of money for a site fee; I'd rather up the ante on desserts! :lmao:

Geez, I love those pictures! What a view!

BaBeeCee14
12-17-2007, 08:56 AM
I know!!! Seriously. :sad2: When I was uploading the pics into Photobucket, I pouted and felt like I died a little bit inside :rotfl: Hopefully we made the right choice for us though! It's definitely the hardest choice I've had to make thus far!

I totally agree with you about the dying inside a little part :rotfl: . I'm sure we made the right decision, everything will be great! Maybe if Cam picks this location we can live vicariously through her VR ;). It'll be like having a second reception :lmao:. No pressure Cam :goodvibes!

keenercam
12-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Okay, Catherine! That just had me :lmao:
Very funny!

HAPPY NEWS!!! I just extended our January stay an extra day so that we can really spend some time scouting locations for pix, etc., seeing the proposed dessert party venue at night, etc. I am really excited. I am just hoping DD19 doesnt' mind staying an extra day at WDW! ;)

BaBeeCee14
12-17-2007, 12:54 PM
:woohoo: An extra day in Disney is never a bad thing.

keenercam
12-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Yay! My ticker works!

Kristen14
12-17-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm a little late here... for the invitations you can do a few things. Print pics of the castle and either GLUE it on the invite, or punch two little holes in the top and tie with ribbon like you would with the vellum. I've made a few invites like this for various showers and they're pretty easy.

How many guests are you planning to have? You could always do your wishes desert party on one of the boats... maybe the Grand 1!

sajilunni
12-19-2007, 01:52 PM
I loved your love story! There is absolutely nothing in the world like being in a very LONG happy marriage. Even with one decade down, I can't wait for the decades to come, because I feel as long as I'm with him, nothing can really be all that bad.

We're doing a vow renewal too, even though we had what many would consider a huge and lavish wedding, it was never really "us". What I consider "us" is intimate, fun, and family-oriented, so that's what our Disney V.R. will be like.

Congratulations on all the milestones that you have conquered. I look forward to your P.J.!

Jil

keenercam
12-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Thank you so much!
Oooohh, the Grand One sounds wonderful! However, we want to be able to invite MANY, MANY people to the dessert party and that might limit our capacity. So, I am still thinking the beach at GF might be the best option, though I'll know better when we do venue visits in January.

Well, the big news is that our lenox Cinderella castle has arrived and it is absolutely exquisite! I will have to talk to our coordinator to make sure that they can figure out a way to make it the cake topper. It is a bit heavier than a cake topper normally would be, so they need to plan for that with some type of infrastructure to the cake. :lmao: I think this topper will set the tone and colors for the entire event -- it is absolutely gorgeous!!

Kewz1
12-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Cam,

I just stumbled upon this thread, read your first post, and am hooked. You made me cry! Your story is similar to mine and Kev's in that we had a long distance romance too. I can't wait to read the rest! I'm so excited that you are taking us on this journey with you. Thank you!

See you soon! :hug:

Kristen

keenercam
12-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh, Kristen! Hi, sweetie! I am so glad you are here with me! Yours and Kevin's relationship is one that Howard and I admire and respect so much! I think we have been able to build really strong foundations by getting to know each other when we were apart. I trully believe that is true, and I am so glad you and Kevin experienced that growth as well! We cannot wait to see you in January and will hopefully have all sorts of joyous news to share about this journey. We are hoping your family will be a big part of our celebration in January 2009. I know it might seem crazy to be planning so far in advance, but just imagining it makes my heart smile!

We are heading for Hilton Head for a very quiet, serene, much-needed family vacation for Christmas. So, I might not be around much (depending on my computer access). I will miss constantly reading updates to everyone's PJs but coming back and catching up will be like opening lots of presents Christmas morning!

Merry, Blessed Christmas and Happy 2008 to all! :grouphug:

MariaLovesJon<3
12-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Cam, I just read through your first post and, OMG, you made me cry! You sound like such a beautiful person and it's such a shame that you went through self-esteem issues when you were younger. I'm so happy that you found your Prince Charming and now you are celebrating [almost =)]23 wonderful years of marriage!

You're a beautiful person, inside and out and you should be proud of all that you have done! Congrats on the VR!

helloirishkitty
12-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Aww! I am absolutely in love with your PJ and your story is so touching. You really are a beautiful person- inside and out, and I'm SO happy for you that you're celebrating 23 years with your prince charming!

Have a great Christmas in Hilton Head. I used to go there every easter break when I was growing up and it's so relaxing! :goodvibes

Honeibee
12-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh Cam, even though I already knew the story, my goodess...reading this really made me cry. :hug: And knowing both of you so well (Hi Howard! :wave:) and knowing how sweet and loving you two are.....Oh I think I'm going to cry again! :cloud9:

This is all so exciting...I can't wait! :yay: I'm so honored to be a part of it all. I WISH it was THIS January! 2009 seems to far away! :bride:

keenercam
12-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Thank you so much, everyone! I LOVE sharing all of this excitement with all of you, because I know you "GET" it! And Judy (honeibee), reading the account of your Wilderness Lodge wedding really inspired me! Just seeing everyone's pictures and the huge smiles of the brides and grooms lights up my heart! I even read parts of PJs to DH and show him all the wonderful pictures. He LOVES the whole process!

Howard scoured the Hilton Head Island restaurant information and chose a place for us to celebrate our 23rd anniversary with a quiet dinner Saturday night. And then my plan is to light the fireplace in our Grand Villa and for us to watch "Cousins" or some similarly romantic movie. Usually by that time in the evening, DMIL will be reading in bed and I am sure DD19 and "adopted" DD19 and DS14 will all be out socializing. Maybe we'll send them to the movies. LOL! I hope everyone else enjoys this last weekend before Christmas! "See" you all soon!

Oh, one last thing! I have been dying to show you guys the "cake topper". Here it is!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cc01b3127cceb20cf9bb138000000020100Ibt3DRs2cMT

DisneyLaura
12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Yay! My ticker works!

:cool1:

Well, the big news is that our lenox Cinderella castle has arrived and it is absolutely exquisite! I will have to talk to our coordinator to make sure that they can figure out a way to make it the cake topper. It is a bit heavier than a cake topper normally would be, so they need to plan for that with some type of infrastructure to the cake. :lmao: I think this topper will set the tone and colors for the entire event -- it is absolutely gorgeous!!

I was going to ask you to post a picture of the topper but I already see you did. Can you enlarge the picture by any chance? Maybe I'll just go on Lenox's website and look for it.

We are heading for Hilton Head for a very quiet, serene, much-needed family vacation for Christmas. So, I might not be around much (depending on my computer access). I will miss constantly reading updates to everyone's PJs but coming back and catching up will be like opening lots of presents Christmas morning!

Merry, Blessed Christmas and Happy 2008 to all! :grouphug:

You too. :santa: :hug:

BayouPrincess
12-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Cam,

Enjoy your Christmas vacation. Just know we'll all be here waiting to hear more when you get back.

BTW---:welcome: Howard... You and Cam have come a long way from the very beginning. It's nice to have the two of you here!

Have a most wonderful Christmas!:santa:

Kristen14
12-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Merry Christmas Cam! I hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL vacation!

KeenHo
12-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi everyone! Thank you for the wonderful and sweet notes you have been leaving for Cam. She is wonderful and I am very lucky.

We had a nice and relaxing family vacation in Hilton Head, SC. We went out to a romantic dinner at a local restaurant with beautiful views overlooking Broad Creek. Unfortunately the weather that day wasn't perfect, but the company (Cam) and food were perfect.

I am looking forward to checking in from time to time. I am very happy you all are sharing the excitement with us and sharing your personal tips, views and stories.

Hi Judy & Kristen! :hug:

I hope you all have a very Happy and Safe New Year full of wishes and dreams fulfilled!

:grouphug:

Howard

DisneyLaura
12-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Glad your trip at Hilton was good too. Tell cam to post pictures of that too.

Laura:flower3:

MistressOfAllEvil
12-27-2007, 12:49 PM
We get both Cam and Howard now?!? That's awsome!! How exciting. :goodvibes Anyhow, I'm still here, reading and enjoying. Thanks for posting and sharing.

Lisella
12-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Hello there - just wanted to say that I love your story. It is so touching. Thank you so much for sharing your PJ with us. I look forward to your ideas & updates.

Congratulations! :yay:

DisneyLaura
12-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Cam

I was wondering if you PM me and tell me how you started training for the WDW marathon. I don't want to tie up your PJ for your VR. I am currently losing weight and I think this is something I will be interested in a couple of years. I need at least a year to lose my weight plus maybe a year or two to train, I currently only walk on a treadmill. Thanks for your help.

keenercam
12-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Cam

I was wondering if you PM me and tell me how you started training for the WDW marathon. I don't want to tie up your PJ for your VR. I am currently losing weight and I think this is something I will be interested in a couple of years. I need at least a year to lose my weight plus maybe a year or two to train, I currently only walk on a treadmill. Thanks for your help.

PM sent! :hug: :goodvibes

Ms.Grumpy
12-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Hello!
Just wanted to stop in and say that I read your entire PJ today and love your story. Can't wait to read more.
:cheer2:

Kewz1
01-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi everyone! Thank you for the wonderful and sweet notes you have been leaving for Cam. She is wonderful and I am very lucky.

We had a nice and relaxing family vacation in Hilton Head, SC. We went out to a romantic dinner at a local restaurant with beautiful views overlooking Broad Creek. Unfortunately the weather that day wasn't perfect, but the company (Cam) and food were perfect.

I am looking forward to checking in from time to time. I am very happy you all are sharing the excitement with us and sharing your personal tips, views and stories.

Hi Judy & Kristen! :hug:

I hope you all have a very Happy and Safe New Year full of wishes and dreams fulfilled!

Howard

Hi Howard!

Glad to hear your time at HHI went well. We had a wonderful Christmas and are counting down the days until Christmas #2 and WDW!

Have a great 2008 -- see you real soon!

Kristen

P.S. Who's that cutie over your right shoulder in your sig pic? :love: ;)

keenercam
01-01-2008, 07:51 PM
P.S. Who's that cutie over your right shoulder in your sig pic? :love: ;)

Kristen -- We are both married to some serious "eye candy", aren't we? ;)
Cannot wait to see all of you at marathon weekend!

Thank you to everyone who is visiting and posting in my PJ. :grouphug: You are all so sweet and generous! :love: I really appreciate being a part of this forum where no one thinks I am crazy, and where my compulsive planning and love for Disney and love for my sweet husband are all coming together on what will be one of the most wonderful days of our lives!

So, today, I decided that my excitement for the vow renewal will help to fuel my efforts to lose more weight this year. I am hoping friends of ours will come spend a weekend in March for my girlfriend and I to go dress browsing/shopping. I don't know how the marketing seasons work and am afraid that the dresses that I have seen and liked may not be available to be tried on if I wait too long, because they have long sleeves. I am determined to lose 11.9 pounds by the end of February to really enjoy the shopping expedition.

As Howard and I were out doing our marathon training today, I came across a couple more songs for our dessert party playlist -- "Every Time I Think of You" and "The Way You Look Tonight". We are hoping to hook up my ipod and mini ipod stereo speakers for music before WISHes starts during the dessert party. Figured that would be a fun way to play a collection of music that is very meaningful to us but not necessarily suited to the reception.

SO many things to start thinking about. I think I'll want to do save the date cards in March with some preliminary information on it because so many of our friends will be booking for marathon weekend and the VR and I want them to know about our room block in case it will make marathon weekend accommodations easier for them to deal with.

I am starting to gather a list of questions for when we meet with Joe in January, and since we've extended our trip an extra day, I'll feel less frazzled and can actually digest the information afterwards and organize my notes, etc. before having to run off to the airport to return home. It's so hard to believe that 2 weeks from today we will know if we got our requested venues and dates. How exciting!

So, I am trying to figure out how to get bride and groom ears home from marathon weekend undamaged. I just don't know that we'd have the chance to track them down and the ability to get them home from my May trip or our June-July family trip. So, I figure it is better to get them now and pack them away than to have to fit in getting them later.

I really, really want those castle/vellum invitations I was talking about earlier, but I think that only happens if I do them myself, and I am just not the least bit craft-y and I am so worried that the quality won't be great if I do them myself. I think I am going to try to gather some of the materials and try to put together a prototype and then decide whether I will make them or have invitations made. I am thinking of including our original wedding picture on the invitation somehow. Will have to give that some thought.

This year is going to bring so many wonderful opportunities to share happy times with friends and it will all culminate in this huge celebration in WDW in January 2009! We have so much to look forward to!

Happy 2008 everyone! :grouphug:

DisneyLaura
01-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Cam you are more than welcome for me coming and posting to you PJ. I;m glad I have somewhere to go where no one thinks I am nuts about my disney obsession. I'm going to PM you again about the marathon, more questions.

KeenHo
01-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Our Countdown Date is: 01-12-2009

Our Countdown Time is 1 years, 0 months and 9 days.

Our Countdown is also exactly 375 days.

Our Countdown is also approximately 9,000 hours.

Our Countdown is also approximately 540,000 minutes.

Our Countdown is also approximately 32,400,000 seconds.

Tick Tock! :love: :cloud9: :flower3: :hug:

keenercam
01-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Our Countdown Date is: 01-12-2009

Our Countdown Time is 1 years, 0 months and 9 days.

Our Countdown is also exactly 375 days.

Our Countdown is also approximately 9,000 hours.

Our Countdown is also approximately 540,000 minutes.

Our Countdown is also approximately 32,400,000 seconds.

Tick Tock! :love: :cloud9: :flower3: :hug:

:eek: I have so much to do!! Oh, WAIT!! I can't do anything until we have a date and location! WHEW! I was getting worried for a minute there. ;)

caryndisneydiva
01-03-2008, 08:34 PM
the second count is stressing me, it seems so close!

keenercam
01-03-2008, 09:21 PM
the second count is stressing me, it seems so close!

I agree completely, Caryn! For some reason, it's that particular number that is freaking me out! :rotfl2:

keenercam
01-06-2008, 10:40 AM
So, my biggest worry of the moment is how much the castle weighs. No, not the real castle! ;) Our topper weighs 3 POUNDS!!! eek!!!! I am absolutely confident DFTW can make it work. Since that is something beyond my control, I'm not going to worry about it. If they can't make it work, we'll figure something out later. I figure I'll give them the weights, the measurements, and a tracing of the "footprint" and leave it to them to tell me if they can make it work.

Jenn and Andrew have been SOOO excited about being in the ceremony and they've been bragging to their friends about how beautiful and fun it will be. That is certainly one advantage of waiting this long to renew our vows. They can be involved in a really meaningful way. AND, :woohoo: Jenn texted me last night that she and her best friend (who is like another daughter to us) are going to train for and do the 2009 Disney 1/2 marathon to be even more a part of our weekend experience. How cool is that!

Another definite decision I've made (and I know Howard will love) is that I want to have the DJ play "My WISH" at the reception for Howard to dance with Jenn and me to dance with Andrew. First of all, I LOVE the words, which I'll post here and it's a song that captures my feelings for Jenn when she graduated high school. Second, it fits the theme of "All Our Wishes Have Come True" and emphasizes how much of the wish fulfillment is having 2 amazing kids that we are so outrageously proud of.

So,here are the words:

MY WISH (performed by Rascal Flatts)
I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,

But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more than you take.

But more than anything, yeah, and more than anything,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small, You
never need to carry more than you can hold,

But more than anything, yeah, and more than anything,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,

This is my wish
i hope you know somebody who loves you
may all you dreams stay big

The bolded lyrics remind me so much of Jenn. Our whole family is active with Special Olympics, but Jenn has taken it so much further, working with kids with learning disabilities and volunteering at a social facility for mentally retarded adults. She has the sweetest and gentlest heart and this HUGE smile that just warms your heart. This is the most recent picture I have at work to upload to photobucket. Her marching band was in a halloween parade in costume (I cut out the other people in the picture -- LOL!)
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii221/keenercam/jenn1.jpg

I wish I could figure out how to make the picture smaller. :confused:

I am really excited that there is a local bridal show today and Howard and I are going to go take a quick look. Maybe I should take off the band I wear with my gorgeous diamond ring (that Howard gave me for our 18th anniversary). I wonder whether vendors will talk to people who are doing a VR, rather than a wedding. :confused3

zalansky
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I just found your VR PJ and you can add me to the list of teary eyed women reading it. I love your story and love the fact your husband has joined in. I will be following along closely, as I want to plan a VR for 2010. I can't wait to see how it unfolds! You are going to make an even more beautiful bride this time around I think. Especially with your children by your side!

On a sidenote, I spied one of my good Disney Lovin Mom buddies, Stephanie in your WISH pic! Love her!

keenercam
01-07-2008, 05:17 PM
I just found your VR PJ and you can add me to the list of teary eyed women reading it. I love your story and love the fact your husband has joined in. I will be following along closely, as I want to plan a VR for 2010. I can't wait to see how it unfolds! You are going to make an even more beautiful bride this time around I think. Especially with your children by your side!

On a sidenote, I spied one of my good Disney Lovin Mom buddies, Stephanie in your WISH pic! Love her!

Thank you so much, and yes! Stephanie is one of the absolute SWEETEST people I have ever met! I am so happy I've gotten to know her through the WISH team!

Okay, I think I've found a perfect song for our first dance:

It’s Your Love (Performed by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill)

Dancin' in the dark middle of the night
Takin' your heart and holdin' it tight
Emotional touch touchin' my skin
And asking you to do what you've been doin' all over again

Oh it's a beautiful thing don't think I can keep it all in
I just gotta let you know what it is that won't let me go

It's your love
It just does something to me
It sends a shock right through me
I can't get enough
And if you wonder
About the spell I'm under
Oh it's your love

Better than I was, more than I am
And all of this happened by taking your hand
And who I am now is who I wanted to be
And now that we're together,
I'm stronger than ever
I'm happy and free

Oh it's a beautiful thing,
Don't think I can keep it all in
If you asked me why I've changed,
All I gotta do is say your sweet name

It's your love
I can't get enough
And if you wonder
About the spell I'm under
Oh, it's your love

Baby, Oh oh, oh,

Oh it's a beautiful thing,
Don't think I can keep it all in
I just gotta let you konw what it is that won't let me go

It's your love
I can't get enough
And if you wonder
About the spell I'm under,
Oh it's your love
It's your love, it's your love, it's your love

I think the bolded text really speaks to who we are together. It may end up as a quote on our program.

Do you like it? If you've never heard the song performed, let me just tell you it is romantic and HOT all at once. ;)

caryndisneydiva
01-07-2008, 05:21 PM
i love everything cam!!! i think your cake topper will be fine. what cake are you planning on? the baker will probably just make a mini platform for it and put stakes in the cake so that the castle doesn't come crashing down!!!

Valentine
01-07-2008, 11:58 PM
I am getting all mushy with these plans!!! i am so excited for both of you.. and knowing you ... and seeing how much you two truly are "In Love" just makes your story all that more special. It gives hope to us single gals! LOL!! How are you possibly managing to handle the marathon excitement and the planning excitement at the same time!!??!?!?!?!?! You two are truly amazing humans!! I can't wait to see you both in just a few days... and.. I will have the Whips... (Ask Howard.. he'll explain!!) LOL!!! :lmao:

I can't wait to read along with your plans for the next year!!

Kathy

keenercam
01-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Caryn -- We haven't given a whole lot of thought yet to the cake, but I am thinking I may want two large tiers, each a different flavor combination, and then have the entire cake cut, with one piece of each flavor on every plate. We don't need an anniversary tier, and I'd love for everyone to get a piece of both flavors. Also that makes the cake not too high and the tiers will be large enough to compliment the larger "footprint" of the topper. :)

Kathy -- It's so fun to see you here! I keep trying to tell myself that I can't focus on the VR until AFTER the marathon and AFTER we meet with Joe on the 15th. Look at this long NOVEL I've written already! :lmao: Can you imagine if I were actually in full planning mode? LOL!

Okay, here is the tally of plans so far as my WISH list goes:

THEME FOR THE WEEKEND: "All of Our Wishes Have Come True"
Color scheme: probably pink & gold

EVENT SCHEDULE:
1/8/09 -- arrive MCO; party at Pleasure Island with friends
1/9/09 -- hook up with WISH team for pre-marathon weekend events
1/10/09 -- half-marathon with DD20, ADD20, best friend Jason, Aunt, Uncle & WISH team friends
1/11/09 -- cheer for WISH team marathoners; move to GF
1/11/09 afternoon -- rehearsal, dinner with family & a couple friends
1/11/09 evening -- WISHES! dessert party at GF

1/12/09 early a.m. -- hair, makeup, staged "first look"; Magic Kingdom portrait session (Disney photography)
10:00 VR ceremony at Wedding Pavillion (photography by Randy Chapman)
11:00 cocktail reception (location TBD)
12:00 - 3:00 reception (location TBD)

Details for ceremony:
Attendants - Jenn (20) and Andrew (15)
Best Friend, Jason, will walk me down the aisle
Music -- Wedding Pavillion Organ

Details for reception:
Music: DJ
First Dance -- "It's Your Love"
Cam's Dance with Andrew/Howard with Jenn -- "My Wish"
Cam's Dance with Jason -- "Find Out Who Your Friends Are" :)
Cake: TBD, with Lenox Cinderella Castle "topper"
Cake cutting: "I Love You Always, Forever"

I think that might be everything that I feel pretty strongly about right now. Some of this may be news to Howard (sorry, honey!) :lmao: but I think he'll like the ideas so far! :love:

KeenHo
01-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Everything looks great! I think there may be a few suggestions, requests, and/or requirements from the groom also, those decisions are still pending. ;)

DisneyLaura
01-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Cam - things look great.

Kristen14
01-10-2008, 04:35 PM
My cake topper weighs 2.5lbs... so I'll let you know how it turns out!

keenercam
01-17-2008, 03:16 PM
My cake topper weighs 2.5lbs... so I'll let you know how it turns out!

Kristen - I can't wait to hear how Disney Bakers make that work out! :goodvibes

-----------------------------------------
As everyone knows, we planned our first meeting with DFTW for this past Tuesday, while we were in WDW for marathon weekend (BTW, Howard did the half marathon on Saturday and the Full marathon on Sunday and is officially “GOOFY” for the second year in a row! :thumbsup2 I am SO PROUD of him! And I earned my second Mickey medal for the full marathon. :goodvibes: )

There is so much to tell about how things went, but let me start by saying that Joe DeMattei is just the kindest, most attentive person you could ever meet. He remembered so many details about who we are, what we are doing, and our preferences. That is why I know it was really hard for him to break what was devastating news to me. But, let me start at the beginning. . . .

Our friend Kathy very kindly invited Jenn to spend Tuesday morning with her at AK, and Howard and I looked forward to our time alone with Joe. So, when we were leaving the villa that morning, I left Jenn some cash and a water bottle and her room key and good wishes. We drove to GF for our meeting, arriving about 20 minutes early. It was freezing cold out, but we still took a few minutes to walk around the grounds a bit and take some pictures. Soon, we headed into Franck’s where we ran into a DISer who we’d met the night before (Lisa) and her DH, who were doing a tasting session for their April VR. Small world! :) I immediately thanked Joe for his wonderful and prompt email communications with me and he said he hoped he wouldn’t disappoint me if he was ever delayed in responding. I told him he could never disappoint me. Later, he remembered he’d said that and apologized because he knew we were disappointed about how the session went. Okay, I’ll get back to that. ;)

We’d no sooner sat down with Joe than my phone rang and Jenn told me we’d forgotten to leave her park ticket. Howard drove back to BCV to pick it up and took it to her at AK. While he was gone, Joe had to break the news to me. . .

GF event space was all booked for the weekend before and week of our VR and it wasn’t looking good for us being able to do anything there other than the VR at the WP at 10 am and photos around GF.

I cannot express how crushed I was. While I guess I’d considered the possibility that we might not like the Whitehall Room and Patio, it never occurred to me that (1) we wouldn’t even have that option; (2) that we wouldn’t be able to do our WISHes dessert party Sunday night at GF; or (3) that there was absolutely NO alternative space at GF for cocktail hour and the reception. Joe and I spent the rest of the time before Howard got back looking at slides of alternative venues, including space at Boardwalk and Yacht Club. I told Joe I really didn’t want to seem unreasonable but that Howard and I had a vision for this event and if we were going to “settle” on the venues, we just really had to re-think whether it was meant to be for 2009. Howard was literally heart-set on the GF and was only willing to consider other venues for my sake and to remain open-minded. I told Joe I thought Howard would be as disappointed as I was.

Howard arrived back by 9:35 and I told Joe he had to break the news to Howard. Howard said later he looked at my face and knew something was really wrong. When Joe told him there was no space at GF, Howard grabbed my hand under the table and squeezed it, either in sympathy or reassurance, I’m not sure. We went to look at the Whitehall Room and Patio, which we LOVED in case it became available. We also saw the space at Boardwalk which seemed “okay” and Yacht Club, which we didn’t like at all. While we were driving around, I remembered to ask Joe about a couple of ideas we had which are likely Wedding Planner issues, but at the very next traffic light, he took the time to make notes. He was also in touch with the sales manager the whole time we were together, shooting emails to her and reading them, trying to get a handle on when the huge convention group would decide whether they needed all of the GF event space. It looked like the earliest Joe would hear anything would be Friday, 1/18, but he definitely did not want us to get our hopes up.

In the car on the way back to Franck’s, Howard said “We had one chance to do it right the first time and didn’t get to do it. This time we aren’t going to settle for anything that isn’t really what we want, and if we have to re-think this or postpone it in order to have our dream event, that’s what we will do.” So, while I was disappointed, I was glad that Howard didn’t think I was being unreasonable and that he felt strongly as well about making our dream vision a reality. I just couldn’t bear the thought of NOT doing our WISHES dessert party to tie into our “All of Our Wishes Have Come True” theme. I also couldn’t bear to think about “working with” the colors or decor of a venue that didn’t work with our color scheme or our tastes. The idea of postponing the VR was unpalatable, but so was spending money to have a reception in a place that could just as well have been the most elegant ballroom in all of the tri-state area or the Swan or Dolphin. (I hope I haven’t offended anyone by saying that. It’s just that we’ve always dreamed of a wedding and reception at the Grand Floridian with those gorgeous grounds and vistas of the MK.) At some point, Joe looked at me and said "I'm really sorry you are disappointed. I can tell you are really upset, and you told me when you first got here that I couldn't disappoint you, and yet, you are. I'm sorry." I give him a lot of credit -- he NEVER tried to talk us into alternative space. He just wanted us to know we had options while we were there and able to look at the space. I told him I am typically the kind of person who can "get over it" and make the best of the circumstances presented, but that I was going to need some time to get my head around something other than what we'd been dreaming of. He seemed to understand and didn't seem upset or like we were wasting his time.

So, when we got back to Franck’s, we didn’t really take things any further. I just couldn't. We told Joe we’d wait to hear from him once he’d heard about the convention, and we’d think about whether we were going forward with a non-GF location.

Whew. .... that was long. Sorry!

Back soon with more, but remember that Walt Disney World is Where Dreams Come True. And if anyone can make a DFTW dream come true, I’m putting my money on Joe!

lov2b@disney
01-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Wishing you the best! I hope all your dreams do come true! :wizard: :goodvibes

Lisella
01-17-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm crossing my fingers & toes for you, too!

keenercam
01-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Okay, back to the saga (I'm sorry it's so long!)

Howard was golfing that afternoon with our friend Kevin so he dropped me off at T&T and went on his way, assuring me that everything would be okay, that we’d wait to hear from Joe about the convention and then decide what we were going to do.

I went to EPCOT to ride Spaceship Earth but was, for the first time ever, depressed at Disneyworld. More than anything, I was upset with myself for being so selfish and closed-minded. I was trying to talk myself into being upbeat and positive that either the space would open up or that we’d plan a lovely event at the Boardwalk space. I had some lunch and heard from Kathy that she and Jenn were willing to join me at EPCOT for the afternoon. I told her what was going on and I was standing in EPCOT crying. UGH! How silly! I told her I NEEDED some retail therapy and wanted to go to World of Disney for Minnie Bride ears so that I could pretend that everything was going to be fine. She and Jenn came to EPCOT and we rode SE together and then went to DTD. First order of business – find Minnie bride ears. I put some on my head and a CM came over and said “Someone’s getting married!” Jenn said “Yep. My Mom is. She’s marrying my Dad. I mean she’s marrying my Dad again. I mean my Mom and my Dad are doing a vow renewal.” LOL!!! The CM said “well, then you need to be pixie-dusted!” She put a shield over my face and went wild with some kind of glitter stuff all over my head and forehead!!!! Right then, my phone rang and I said “Excuse me, I have to get this.” Here is how that call went, essentially:

Me: Hello?
Joe: Hi, Cam, it’s Joe DeMattei from Disney Fairy Tale Weddings.
Me: Hi, Joe. How are you?
Joe: Good, good. How is your day going? Are you and Howard having a nice day?
Me: Well, Howard is golfing and I’m sure he’s having fun. I am at World of Disney shopping for Minnie bride ears on and you caught me just as I put them on.
Joe: Well, good. See, we have a secret camera at that location so that we can see when our brides are trying on Minnie bride ears and we can call them. (Man, does he have a QUICK sense of humor!)
Me: (laughing!) Well, your timing is perfect. The camera obviously works!
Joe: I have what I hope will be good news for you. It looks like that convention group may be pulling out of the GF completely and going to a different resort.
Me: (weak-kneed) Oh, my God! You have got to be joking. You wouldn’t joke with me about that, would you, Joe?
Joe: No, and I’m not certain that is going to happen. It’s a possibility and as soon as I found that out, I debated whether to call you, in case it didn’t work out. But I really wanted you to know I am working on this. And I wanted to give you . . .
Me: “HOPE?” You wanted to give me hope?
Joe: Yes, I wanted you to have hope that everything will work out the way you and Howard want.
Me: Joe, you aren’t going to believe this. As I was trying on bride ears, a cast member pixiedusted me and then my phone rang and it was you. My friend Kathy is standing here taking pictures of me talking to you on the phone and crying. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Joe went on to say that he’d keep me posted and to enjoy the rest of my day.

The tears were just streaming down my face at that point. How silly of me! In the meantime, Kathy ran to find the CM who’d pixiedusted me to let her know it worked! She and her 2 buddies came back and shared my happiness and we even took a picture together for good measure. Her name was Rose (my middle name).

We bought Minnie ears and the Mickey top hat ears, which I am pleased to say both made it back to DE without being crushed! I didn’t get to tell Howard the news until later that evening, but he was thrilled too!

So, then it was just a matter of waiting for final word, but I was definitely feeling more optimistic.

caryndisneydiva
01-17-2008, 06:10 PM
oh man cam! that stinks. pixie dust for some good news tomorrow! stupid conventions!

congrats to both you and howard for finishing the marathon! he did TWO races in one weekend? bless him, i'd still be sleeping!

lov2b@disney
01-17-2008, 06:43 PM
pixiedust: Fate!! It got to be meant to be!

keenercam
01-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Joe left a message for me on our last day in WDW -- "Hi, Cam, this is Joe from Disney Weddings. I wanted to let you know that I have the Whitehall Room and Patio reserved for you. I have also reserved Sago Cay Pointe for your dessert party. If you prefer the marina let me know." He went on to wish us safe travels home and said the next thing we'll be doing is looking at creating a room block for our non-DVC friends. He also apologized for throwing a curveball at us at the site inspection (as if it were his fault, silly man!) I am so excited!!!!

And I've saved the BEST news for last. I couldn't mention our fondest WISH earlier in this journal because we hadn't yet had the opportunity to talk to the involved parties in person, but we were able to do that this weekend, and now one of the most important aspects of this event is ironed out.

We wanted to ask our very dear friend Kevin to officiate at the vow renewal. However, he is presently in the U.S.Army, stationed in Iraq, so we couldn't ask him in person before now. Fortunately, he was stateside for a mid-tour R&R and with his wonderful wife Kristen and their family, was in WDW for marathon weekend. We asked Kevin and Kristen to meet us for ice cream at Beaches & Cream Friday night for a quiet opportunity to chat. Other friends ended up coming along, so it wasn't looking like we'd get the opportunity to ask Kevin and Kristen privately. Fortunately, Howard, Kevin & I happened to be in line together at the take-out line surrounded only by strangers and we asked Kevin there. He actually got choked up and said HE was honored to be asked. :cloud9: In fact, we are so blessed by the friendship we share with both of them. They have a very strong faith and their relationship is like ours in so many ways, truly a wonderful partnership. Having Kevin do the vow renewal when he understands what impact our faith has on this union is so important to us. :lovestruc Once we were able to encourage everyone else to leave after dessert, we told Kristen that we'd asked Kevin, and since it would impact on their family's vacation, we were really asking both of them. Kristen seems really excited about being a part of our celebration, and now I feel like the most important details are in place. :cloud9:

OMG!! I am going to be a Disney :bride: !!!!!!

Desnik
01-17-2008, 07:37 PM
My heart dropped when I first read about you not being able to get to have your VR at the GF!! I am so glad there is a happy ending! I hope to have our VR at the WP and reception at the White Hall room and patio and I will be so disappointed if that doesn't happen. I had tears in my eyes reading how you got that call while trying on the bride ears!! Pixie Dust really does work.;) Oh, and Congrats on your Mickey medal!!

keenercam
01-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Thank you, Nikki! I really appreciate that everyone here understands and doesnt think I was crazy for being upset.

I am so ready to get on with the planning now! :banana:

caryndisneydiva
01-17-2008, 09:04 PM
cam, i'm so happy that you and howard are going to get the wedding/vr that you really want! i'm so excited for you!

padisneyfour
01-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Here's hoping you get everything you wish for your VR.... your plans sound great

keenercam
01-18-2008, 01:52 PM
THank you, everyone!
We received confirmation today that our venues are reserved (though we can't sign contracts until May!! :eek: ).

Sunday, January 11, 2009
7:30 - 8:30 Sago Cay Pointe (backup in GF Convention Center)
Dessert Party (Estimating Wishes to be at 8:00 p.m.)
If we go over an hour with the food set-up, the menu will be at a higher per person cost. Right now the space is held until 11:00 just in case WISHES starts later than 8.

Monday, January 12, 2009
6:00 a.m. Magic Kingdom Portrait Session
10:00 - 11:00 Wedding Pavilion - Vow Renewal Ceremony
11:00 - 12:00 Whitehall Patio - Pre-Reception
12:00 - 4:00 Whitehall Room - Reception (could end earlier if we prefer; I'll have to see what the cost impact is of going until 4, instead of 3, besides extending the guest transportation an extra hour)

Did I mention that we LOVED the Whitehall Room and Patio? It was gorgeous! The only problem is that with a dance floor, it will really only seat 40. I am hoping that won't be a problem, but we'll see how that all plays out.

Also, we know that the next step is creating a room block, so hopefully we can do that soon.

Now what? I feel like I need to be doing something. Perhaps the next thing I should be thinking about is a save the date letter for all likely guests, to go out about the same time as Disney sends the save the date cards or even earlier. Very fun prospect! :)

padisneyfour
01-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Sounds WONDERFUL. I love wishes ! Congrats on everything.....:cheer2:

pink_tink8i8
01-19-2008, 04:32 PM
aww...it sounds like everything is coming together for you both. That's so exciting! Do you have anything in mind for the save-the-dates?

KeenHo
01-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Time until Monday, January 12, 2009 at 10:00:00 AM
356 days
8,555 hours
513,344 minutes
30,800,694 seconds

:cloud9: :love: :lovestruc :hug:

keenercam
01-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Well, thanks to some very generous brides on the wedding favors thread who posted a link to a fabulous wedding favors vendor, we are now the soon-to-be-proud-owners of clear pens w/a "crystal" star at the top and these really cute pearlized white, cut & embossed in pink placecards/favor tags that say "Wishes Do Come True". Perfect for our (as of now) pink & gold "All of Our Wishes Have Come True"-themed VR. :cloud9: I just couldn't resist and my darling, darling DH said he wants me to "enjoy the "H E double toothpicks" out of the planning process". Isn't he the best? :love: I think we'll be seeing all sorts of packages arriving on our doorstep over the next 11 months! :cutie:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df02b3127cceb46bbfdb49d200000046100Ibt3DRs2cMT

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df02b3127cceb46bbfc749ce00000025100Ibt3DRs2cMT

I think the pens will look so nice with those tags attached by a gold organza ribbon.

Oh, and I also found these and ordered some. I think they are so beautiful:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df02b3127cceb46bede1c8f100000026100Ibt3DRs2cMT

The tags will be personalized with our names and the VR date.

keenercam
01-23-2008, 02:54 PM
double post. sorry! very strange?!?!?! :confused3:

BaBeeCee14
01-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Love the favors Cam! Great choices!

keenercam
01-24-2008, 04:49 PM
I bought something else today! :cutie: I just couldn't help myself. :rolleyes1

I saw the cutest little white paper chairs where the bottom of the chair (from the seat to the "floor") is a box. There is a vellum sheet that gets inserted into the chair back that you can write the guest name & table number on. They were so pretty and I thought it would be so much fun to fill them with white disney mints & to wrap the box with alternating pink & gold bows that would tie on the "seat" of the chair. Wouldn't that be so pretty? We can insert the vellum name cards last so that we can have the placecard holders set out on the table, alternating pink & gold ribbon and THEN insert the namecards in alphabetical order.

So, it looks like the wine bottle stoppers are probably for welcome bags, pens with shooting star/"wishes do come true" tags will be for the Dessert Party guests, and these little chair/mint box placecards will be for the reception. I really dont' want to do any kind of favor that people will have to pack since many may leave for the airport from the reception. I figured this is something they can eat and dispose of, if they'd like. And I saw where someone was able to find those mints in bulk, so it shouldn't cost much to do 40 little boxes of them.

I am particularly excited that I am going to start receiving these items and can start to organize them and get SOMETHING done while I am waiting to do everything else. I tend to be a bit :yay: and a bit edgy if I'm not making progress toward a goal.

Valentine
01-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Cam..

I wish I lived closer so I could help you put together all these crafty ideas you have!!!! Hey... I could always pop over for a weekend to craft!!

I just LOVE this kind of stuff :)

Kathy

Desnik
01-24-2008, 09:11 PM
I am so happy and excited for you!! Looks like everything is working out and I love all the things you bought.

keenercam
01-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Thank you so much, Nikki! :hug:

Kathy -- I would so LOVE it if you wanted to come and visit for a weekend. I'll have to fight Jenn and Howard for time with you! And just wait until Andrew meets the famous Kathy! Let's pick a weekend after your play is done. I am serious! What date works for you? Huh, huh? I'm waiting. .... :love: :lovestruc :cloud9:

nucpharm29
01-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Oh Cam! I love reading your plans! You are such a special friend, and it's awesome to see how everything is coming together. You and Howard deserve to get everything you WISH for! Can't wait to hear and see more. Congratulations to you both!

Kristi1357
01-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Oh Cam! :sad: (<-- those are happy tears!)

I loved reading this! I am so glad you got the Grand Floridian - it was truly meant to be.
The Whitehall room was one of our top choices back in the day as well. :goodvibes

I esp. loved reading the entire story of how you & Howard met.
Even though I know you your wedding wasn't the one of your dreams, I think you both looked gorgeous!

Love you guys! :grouphug:

DisneyLaura
01-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Cam everything sounds great. I love the bottle openers and the little chairs with the guests name and table number on them, so cute. I can't wait to see pictures of those too.

Laura

aladdinsgirl
01-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Oh, Cam! Way to make a pregnant lady cry and at work too!! :) I am just so happy for you and Howard, you are both such wonderful people, Stephen and I love you both so much. Your love for each other is so obvious, I can see it radiating off both of your faces when you look at each other. :love: :love: Good luck as you continue to plan your dream wedding, I have a feeling all of your wishes will come true! I can't wait to see you next January!

love ya, mean it!

Krista

keenercam
01-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh, my Goodness! Now everyone here can see how blessed we are with such wonderful friends.

To all my Disney Brides friends who aren't familiar with the WISH team, let me introduce you to some of our WISH teammates -- the sweetest, most supportive true friends a person could have. I am so glad they are here -- There's Judy (honeibee, former Wilderness Lodge bride and every day inspiration) and Kathy (Valentine, and the Minnie Bride Ears partner in crime and DD's new big sissster and hopefully my crafts partner-in-crime! :love: ) and Kristi (Kristi1357) and Stephanie & Scott (nucpharm29) and Kristen & Kevin (yes, THE Kristen & Kevin! Howard's Goofy race partner and our officiant! Kristen is Kewz1) and Krista & Stephen (aladdinsgirl)! See how lucky we are? :grouphug: Love you guys! Really, really mean it!

ETA: Oh, good! I found a picture from marathon weekend 2008 that includes many of our teammates (I only "introduced" the ones who have posted here so far). Here they are! Can you imagine being surrounded by this much love and support? These are the people who keep me training and motivated all year round. :cool1: True friends. :cloud9:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df00b3127cceb47ce8dd58de00000026100Ibt3DRs2cMT

Oh, and while I am at it, here is a picture of our friends Kristen & Kevin. We met them quite by chance at Thanksgiving 2002 at Disney's Hilton Head DVC resort. They are so precious to us! As I mentioned earlier, Kevin is in the US Army, stationed in Iraq. While I have a captive audience, can I ask you all please to keep him and his family in your prayers? Thank you.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df00b3127cceb47ce28c588a00000026100Ibt3DRs2cMT

Okay, I am getting all choked up. I'd better get back to work before someone comes to "console" me. ;)

keenercam
01-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Okay, here are the chair placeholders/mint boxes. What do you think?

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df04b3127cceb401fb455a5400000030100Ibt3DRs2cMT

They'll be "dressed up" a bit with pink or gold organza ribbon tied from the bottom up to a bow on top of the "seat".

DisneyLaura
01-25-2008, 10:29 AM
I love the chairs Cam, I think they will be perfect

keenercam
01-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Thank you, Laura!
Hey, if anyone has suggestions on how to "dress them up" other than what I've mentioned, I'd love to hear!

Honeibee
01-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Cam - I love everything you have picked out! You have such good taste! :thumbsup2 But then again....I knew that....I'll just say...."Minnie Muffin" :laughing:

keenercam
01-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Cam - I love everything you have picked out! You have such good taste! :thumbsup2 But then again....I knew that....I'll just say...."Minnie Muffin" :laughing:

Thanks, Judy! I have to say, I am soooo grateful to all the Disney brides that post here and everyone who visits their journals. I have really enjoyed the ideas everyone has shared and would never have found any of those items without people posting links and pictures. :lovestruc

jeanneg
01-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi Cam....loved reading your story! I am so happy that everything worked out for you. You and Howard are truly an inspiration to married couples everywhere. Wishing you a wonderful VR and many, many, many more years of happiness together.

Your WISH buddy,
Jeanne

keenercam
01-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Thank you so much, Jeanne! You are so sweet! :hug:

padisneyfan
01-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Cam--- What a wonderful story. You and Howard are such wonderful people and you can just see the love for each other in your eyes.

Thanks so much for letting us sharing with us. I just know you will have a wonderful VR in Jan.

Nancy

keenercam
01-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Thank you so much, Nancy! :hug:

Minnie
01-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Cam - I've just spent the best time reading your PJ. I knew a bit of your love story through WISH but this is wonderful :goodvibes

It is stunning to see the true love that shines through your and Howard's posts :lovestruc

Best WISHes that your VR is everything you've dreamed of :wizard:

Sandy321
01-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Cam and Howard - add me to the teared up group!! :goodvibes

I love your VR story - and I love love love reading your love story!! I can relate to many aspects of your day - your love story!! I WISH to get to know you better!!! :goodvibes DH and I met in high school, got married his last year of college - much to the chagrin of both our families, and my mom did some... interesting wedding decorations, plans... but like you I knew it was more about the marriage than that one day... and let it go!! I also am very blessed to be married to my Best Friend (26 years and counting!)

I remember reading Janet2K's trip report on her story and Vowel Renewal, that is when I first wondered if it would ever be possible - I have to say, living through others is WONDERFUL!! I love that you are willing to share it with us!!

and - I am going to be a Mother in law - my first born son is getting married Jan '09 - so I love to see pictures of items you're purchasing - so far my fdil is sharing so much with me - so all the ideas you posted are wonderful!!

I so love the music you have chosen, it truly will be amazing!!

jims2cool
01-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Cam and Howard, I am so glad your GF plans worked out, and everything you've planned so far sounds just perfect. The love you share is so obvious to anyone around you, and it is wonderful that you are going to be able to celebrate in your special place, just the way you dreamed of!

ETA: Oops, this is Pat! I forgot that Jim posts on this computer.

sajilunni
01-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Congrats on getting all the venues you envisioned!

I LOVED the lyrics you wrote out. I am very touched by lyrics. The way I'm going to incorporate it into our vow renewal is to print them out on those Mickey head fans that many brides are using as programs. I thought it would be nice for my guests to read meaningful words while they cool themselves down;) .

My songs so far are going to be "You're Still the One" by Shania Twain (bridal party entrance), "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane (procession), "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce (sand ceremony), "Hot Dog!" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (recessional) and "I Love You Just the Way You Are" by Billy Joel (first dance).

There is absolutely nothing in the world better than being married to your best friend. Congrats on being one of the lucky few.

Jil

Sandy321
01-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Cam and Howard,
I had to share this with Tim - he keeps saying he's going for goofy in '09!! (ha, we have our DS wedding!) but, I am so loving the love here!!

and with the lyrics, I cant believe no one has mentioned my favorite Clint Black tune... When I said I do

These times are troubled and these times are good
And they're always gonna be, they rise and they fall
We take 'em all the way that we should
Together you and me forsaking them all
Deep in the night and by the light of day
It always looks the same, true love always does
And here by your side, or a million miles away
Nothin's ever gonna change the way that I feel,
The way it is, is the way that it was

When I said I do, I meant that I will 'til the end of all time
Be faithful and true, devoted to you
That's what I had in mind when I said I do

Well this old world keeps changin', and the world stays the same
For all who came before, and it goes hand and hand
Only you and I can undo all that we became
That makes us so much more, than a woman and a man
And after everything that comes and goes around
Has only passed us by, here alone in our dreams
I know there's a lonely heart in every lost and found
But forever you and I will be the ones
Who found out what forever means

When I said I do, I meant that I will 'til the end of all time
Be faithful and true, devoted to you
That's what I had in mind when I said I do

Truer than true, you know that I'll always be there for you
That's what I had in mind, that's what I had in mind,
When I said I do

but of course Cam what you chose goes perfect for your vrceremony!! thank you so much for sharing!!

Blueeyes101817
01-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi cam! i am sitting here reading this planning journal and crying--happy tears of course!
I absolutely love the pens with the tags--i may have to come crash your party :)

I cannot wait to continue to read this !!

KeenHo
01-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Thank you for all the nice comments, lyrics, thoughs and good WISHes. Planning our dream VR is a lot of fun. Cam is taking the lead and is doing a great job.

We are touched that so many of you are sharing this journey with us and that you appreciate our story, our love story that is.

Thanks again!

Howard

keenercam
01-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Oh, wow!! Look at all the support and love that landed right here in my PJ!!! :grouphug: It is so much fun to share all these plans with everyone and to hear everyone's suggestions. Sandy, I really like that song, too. The lyrics are perfect for a VR! It's funny, I keep re-reading all the entries in this PJ and my ideas are getting refreshed and re-thought all the time. I am so glad that we have 11+ months to plan.

Today, I started thinking about Sunday night dinner, between the rehearsal and the dessert party. I don't want to call it a rehearsal dinner (mostly because I keep reading how you are supposed to invite all out-of-town guests to your rehearsal dinner :laughing: ). In fact, we really want to keep the DP as our "welcome" event, and Sunday dinner will be our last chance to sort of unwind and not be "on" if that makes any sense.

Since Howard and I will want to be at the DP site by about 7pm (again, assuming WISHES is at 8pm), we have to consider how long dinner can take and any transportation issues that might impact on the timing of dinner and getting to the DP. My suggestion to Howard today was that we do dinner at one of the monorail resorts so that we just have to jump on the monorail to GF for the DP. In fact, assuming our rehearsal is at GF (hopefully the WP) and the DP is there, too, the best choice might be 1900 Park Faire, since it is a buffet where everyone would have a nice selection of food and we wouldn't be on a schedule impacted by the service or the amount of time between courses, etc. The menu there looks really appealing, too. Another alternative is O'Hanas. We've eliminated Chef Mickey's from consideration for this meal. I am hoping we can come to a decision and figure out who will be at that dinner by the time we can make an ADR (or we may need to call group reservations, I guess). I know that Sunday can be crazy busy for meals because of the marathon.

Sandy321
01-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Well, if I get a vote... I will say we've eaten at Ohana's and and 1900 Park Fare, and I will vote 1900 Park Fare!! I love the Prime Rib, shrimp, strawberry soup, etc etc etc - the new character interaction is fun too - and you're right there!! (some of the reviews are that Cinderella warns the men her step sisters are looking for husbands, the step sisters ask males to dance... just fun stuff!!)

Ohana's is in the process of changing the menus again - maybe from sausage to shrimp - but there you have to have your server come to you, and you have to wait to have food come to you - its still an ok place to have a meet - In Sept we had a DisMeet at Ohana and at Kona Kafe - both were fun because of the people there (at that time 1900 was being refurbished, so we couldnt get in!)

Honestly Cam, whatever you plan, because you've put so much of you into it, it will be so enchanting!! Just beautiful!!

Thanks for taking us along on your planning journey!!

keenercam
01-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Thank you for sharing about 1900 Park Faire, Sandy! We've never eaten there, so I was unsure about the atmosphere, but since we want to keep it pretty simple and casual, I am thinking the buffet is not a bad way to go.

Okay, today's thought!
I am trying to decide between two different approaches to the Save the Date mailing. Either way, we'll include some type of newsletter that will provide preliminary information about resorts, tickets, airports, etc.

Here are the two potential approaches (of course, I'll have to see whether Howard has a strong opinion one way or another, too.

1. The date is linked to marathon weekend to make it as easy and inexpensive (incrementally) as possible for a bunch of our friends who are also runners. So, I thought I might play up on the fact that runners tie and re-tie and re-tie and RE-TIE their shoes before a race about a kazillion times. So, something along the lines of . . .

Like all good marathoners, we just can't resist RE-TYING THE KNOT!

Join us as we renew the vows we took on December 22, 1984.
All events will take place at the Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, Florida, Sunday - Monday, January 11-12, 2009.

2. The second approach is a bit sweeter and less humorous, but is more "us" I think --

In a place where WISHES are granted and DREAMS come true, we will renew the marriage vows we took on December 22, 1984.
We hope you'll save the date and join us at the Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, Florida, Sunday - Monday, January 11-12, 2009.

Love, Howard & Cam

Which do you think?

BTW, I just ordered some cardstock samples so I can figure out whether the shade of pink I am looking for is "cotton candy" or "blush" or "cherry!" and also so that I can start to figure out whether I'll be able to make our invitations. :cutie:

nucpharm29
01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Cam--LOVE The "Re-tying the Knot"! But since I'm one of those marathoners, maybe you should be an unbiased opinion!;)

Minnie
01-28-2008, 09:41 PM
In a place where WISHES are granted and DREAMS come true, we will renew the marriage vows we took on December 22, 1984. We hope you'll save the date and join us at the Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, Florida, Sunday - Monday, January 11-12, 2009.

Love, Howard & Cam

Cam - As much as the "retying the knot" is catchy and fun and of course fits the WISH part of your theme, I have to say this is just darling :lovestruc Perfect for the two of you :thumbsup2

Sandy321
01-28-2008, 10:04 PM
When I first read re-tying the knot - my first thought - wasnt that clever!! I like it...

then read your second choice...

and it gave me goosebumps!!!

so you cant go wrong with either choice!!

jeanneg
01-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Cam, I think the first is witty and cute, but the second one is truly beautiful....like you and Howard! :lovestruc

keenercam
02-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Thank you so much, everyone!

Well, I am loving having everyone visit here, but I am worried that when the events roll around there will be no surprises! :lmao:

Still, I just can't resist sharing!

A friend of mine said if you use the re-tying the knot thing, you should figure out a way to incorporate shoestrings. Well, that got me thinking and then another disney bride friend suggested using that theming for my runner friends' invites.

SO, then I had this awesome idea and ran it by Howard Wednesday night when we were finally alone together away from home and work chaos. Here is the idea. Since the DP is for our very limited guestlist for the VR & reception as well as some other race team friends I figured we could keep that event very casual and fun and even do an entirely separate invitation for it. I'd use the re-tying the knot theme and instead of using ribbon or cording, will use a shoelace! I also decided that I should buy bulk white shoelaces and dye them lime green! If I have to buy more than I can use, I can always give them away to race team friends. LOL!! Well, Howard thought this idea was just wonderful. :love: We can still keep our sweet "All of our wishes have come true" theming for the day of the VR and reception, but up until then, it's all about marathon weekend and being with our race team friends. :grouphug:

Howard was so sweet when we were falling asleep later that night. He said that when we were talking about ideas for the VR during dinner, I was all lit up and happy and that all he could think about was how beautiful I am and how much he loves me. I almost cried, thinking about how blessed I am to be married to this totally blind, desperate man! :lmao:

Seriously though, just how in the world is it possible to just keep falling deeper and deeper into love after all these years? I'll tell you one thing I am completely convinced of -- God does answer prayers and he answers them BIG! :lovestruc I am so blessed.

Speaking of prayers, to all my friends reading here -- can you please just say a quick prayer that God continues to keep our friend Kevin (and all our nation's service men and women) safe and healthy? And that He continues to keep Kevin's family well and peaceful and content knowing Kevin is safe, until he is home again. Thanks!

DisneyLaura
02-01-2008, 10:39 AM
I'd use the re-tying the knot theme and instead of using ribbon or cording, will use a shoelace! I also decided that I should buy bulk white shoelaces and dye them lime green! If I have to buy more than I can use, I can always give them away to race team friends. LOL!! Well, Howard thought this idea was just wonderful. :love: We can still keep our sweet "All of our wishes have come true" theming for the day of the VR and reception, but up until then, it's all about marathon weekend and being with our race team friends. :grouphug:

That is such a cute idea. I love it. Oh and I love hearing all of the details and I'm keeping them in my brain for when I have to plan my VR in 14 years :lmao: Thanks for sharing.

helloirishkitty
02-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Howard was so sweet when we were falling asleep later that night. He said that when we were talking about ideas for the VR during dinner, I was all lit up and happy and that all he could think about was how beautiful I am and how much he loves me. I almost cried, thinking about how blessed I am to be married to this totally blind, desperate man! :lmao:

Seriously though, just how in the world is it possible to just keep falling deeper and deeper into love after all these years? I'll tell you one thing I am completely convinced of -- God does answer prayers and he answers them BIG! :lovestruc I am so blessed.

Ok, that made me start crying. Your husband is soo sweet! I can only hope and pray that Philip and I are are still so much in love when it comes time for our VR :lovestruc

Honeibee
02-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Cam - Lily sent me a care package that had the perfect lime green shoelaces in it. I used one to tie up the cowbells a couple of weeks ago. :thumbsup2

Disclaimer: For anyone who was not at the marathon, I realize the above sounds a little odd....You had to be there. :rotfl:

keenercam
02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Cam - Lily sent me a care package that had the perfect lime green shoelaces in it. I used one to tie up the cowbells a couple of weeks ago. :thumbsup2

Disclaimer: For anyone who was not at the marathon, I realize the above sounds a little odd....You had to be there. :rotfl:

Judy -- I am NOT giving up my lime green shoelaces that Lily gave to all of us over Minnie weekend. I priced some colored laces but I need them to be as short as possible and I think the 24" doesn't come in colors. I may even look for laces for children's shoes. And then, to get them to lime green perfection, I will dye them myself. LOL!

BaBeeCee14
02-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Hi Cam!

Sorry I'm a little late to this, but I looove both options. The re-tying the knot idea is so creative! I think either one would be great!

nucpharm29
02-01-2008, 12:39 PM
I used one to tie up the cowbells a couple of weeks ago. :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Hmmm, glad this wasn't posted on the daily thread--could've kept 'em going for a couple days;)

Cam--that is a wonderful idea! Guess that means Scott and I must be at marathon weekend in January to get one of those cool cards (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

WDWFAN9
02-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Speaking of lime green shoelaces.....there is a great website that I found when I was looking for purple shoelaces - ....anyway, it had every color/every type of shoelace imaginable for sale, very reasonably priced and delivered very quickly. The site is www.chucksconnections.com (or something like that). It would certainly be easier to buy the shoelaces already the right color than have to mess with them!

keenercam
02-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks, Judy, for the email with the link. Pat, I can't find the one you suggested.

I forgot to mention that the wine bottle stoppers arrived yesterday with our personalized tags and they are gorgeous! So much heavier in person, too. And the card holders/treat boxes arrived too. The little paper chairs are so sweet! Oh and one other thing arrived yesterday -- the paper samples from cardsandpockets. Now I know the color we are looking for is blush,and I am thinking that blush and cream may look very nice, and I may use dark blue ink on the cream invitation to start bringing in the blue from the castle turrets. :)

I posted a request on the DISigns board looking for some graphics and hoping someone there can help me find what I am looking for. And I really wish I could remember who posted the link to the disney fonts, including the mouseboats font that has all the different mickey's. Awesome! :love:

Sandy321
02-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Cam - can you PM the link to the wine stoppers? I bought a Mickey one, and I LOVE it - and I think the stars would be a perfect wedding gift!!

I have an idea about the Dis signs, I'll PM you, so as not to mislead anyone...

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: The lime green laces and cow bell!! :rotfl2:

keenercam
02-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Cam - can you PM the link to the wine stoppers? I bought a Mickey one, and I LOVE it - and I think the stars would be a perfect wedding gift!!

I have an idea about the Dis signs, I'll PM you, so as not to mislead anyone...

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: The lime green laces and cow bell!! :rotfl2:

PM sent!

DisneyFairy19
02-02-2008, 12:40 PM
How sweet:goodvibes

keenercam
02-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Thank you, Christina!
BTW, I love everything you've chosen so far. I think I've come to the conclusion this week that we'll be doing blush & creme. We are doing a cake similar to yours but I think 2-3 tiers, all of which will be cut and served. Our topper will be the lenox castle that is earlier in this thread and which is so beautiful in real life!
http://www.register123.com/event/accounts/register123/disney/waltdisneyworld/events/lenox0206/Lenox%20Castle%2030%20Percent5.jpg

Okay, I couldn't resist posting a bigger picture of it. Isn't it incredibly gorgeous? :cloud9:

DisneyLaura
02-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Our topper will be the lenox castle that is earlier in this thread and which is so beautiful in real life!
http://www.register123.com/event/accounts/register123/disney/waltdisneyworld/events/lenox0206/Lenox%20Castle%2030%20Percent5.jpg

Okay, I couldn't resist posting a bigger picture of it. Isn't it incredibly gorgeous? :cloud9:

yes it is gorgeous. Glad you posted a larger picture of it.:)

kzmarathon
02-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Howard and Cam -

I have heard the tremendous story of how you two met and grew together as a couple, but seeing it in words was like hearing it for the first time again! You certainly have a wonderful life story and it's extremely generous for you to share it with us. Thank you!
Kristen and I are thrilled that you would have us be a part of an event that is so important, that is such a confirming definition of the qualities the two of you model both as a couple and as parents to your wonderful children. We really value the sincerity of your friendship and really do consider our participation as an honor.
We are looking forward to next January with great anticipation - family, friends, Disney, Disney food, Wedding Vow renewal and a marathon all in one weekend! party:
I will do my best to keep Howard at a sane pace during the full marathon so he is not too gimpy for the big day!

Z :earsboy:

keenercam
02-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Oh, Kevin! Hi, hon! I'm so glad you're here! :goodvibes
Did you hear the crazy thing my husband did this week? Yes, he registered to go Goofy again in 2009! I will really be counting on you in many ways that weekend to keep him sane! LOL! Oh, and he's doing the 5k with Andrew on Friday. Yeah, so instead of taking it easy, he's doing the Pleasure Island party time Thursday night with whichever of you guys are in town party: , the 5k Friday :banana: , the half marathon Saturday :cool1: , the full marathon Sunday :faint: , and he's sleeping in and getting up around 4:30 Monday for our portrait session at the MK! :eek:
Looking forward to sharing all the craziness and fun with you and Kristen! :hug: Stay well, sweetie!

keenercam
02-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Yesterday, Howard and I went to David's so that I could try on dresses for him. I wanted to get an idea of what style to go with, but I also wanted to know what he'd like. He was insulted when I told the saleswoman that he is opinionated, but I really did want his opinion, and there were styles he liked and styles he didn't. I was totally distressed to find that I needed a larger size than the size of all my regular dresses and my suits. It limited the styles available for me to try on but I won't be in this size for long and I don't have to lose much to get into the size range of the dresses I want to try on.

So, they didn't have any in champagne or ivory that I wanted to try, but I tried on 4 different cuts and am looking for advice on the style that is most flattering:
The ballgown was pretty but I didn't like the ones in my size. This gave me an idea of what one would look like (the top looks too big, but actually didn't zip). I was just awestruck by how gorgeous the dress was. I was shocked at how heavy they all are.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc22b3127cceb49700328c3b00000035110Ibt3DRs2cMT

This one had the drop waist and may be the best style of these 4. It was gorgeous. It fit beautifully and everyone outside the dressing room said it was perfect. I just didn't want a long train. After I had it on, the saleswoman put a tiara and veil on my head. I took off the veil pretty quickly but couldn't resist keeping the tiara on. I'd never had one on before. It makes a girl feel pretty, doesn't it? :)
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc22b3127cceb49700d88cd100000035110Ibt3DRs2cMT

I didn't like this style on me at all. I thought it emphasized my width, but many people thought it was flattering. I do prefer the sweetheart neckline rather than something that is straight across over the bodice:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc22b3127cceb49707f24d5000000035110Ibt3DRs2cMT

This seemed much like the cut of my original wedding dress. The color was pretty and the material was pretty, but I didn't love it. We were fussing with attachable sleeves since they had NO gowns with sleeves for me to try on and that is something I am very insistent about.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc22b3127cceb4971db94d1600000025100Ibt3DRs2cMT

I won't go into it here about how disappointed I was with how large I look. 70 pounds gone seems like nothing compared to how much more I'd have to lose to enjoy how I look in any of these dresses.

A second saleswoman said the first style dress emphasizes how short I am. I am looking forward to trying one on in my size so that I can see if I like it. It is just so princess-y. Oh, and Howard was so insistent that the gown needs beading and sequins and has to be brides-y. He won't have me "settling" for anything that hasn't brought tears to my eyes. :love:

So, what style do you think?

yearbook50
02-03-2008, 07:38 PM
I really like the fourth one.

caryndisneydiva
02-03-2008, 07:46 PM
first of all, you do not look "large." you look amazing. you really do.

what color are you going to be wearing?

i like the first 2, but speaking from experience, if #1 was too heavy trying it on, it'll make you miserable on your day...and the days after your vr to be honest...

i think the 2nd one makes you look taller because it's an a-line and not a ball gown with a drop waist, it also looked like it fit you correctly up top. depending on how #1 ends up fitting, i like that one as well, i like the sweetheart neckline on you a lot!

i also think that if you wear it in an ivory/champagne it'll make you look taller as well. i think white makes us look squat. the only reason i wore it is because i'm an amazon at 5'9" and i wanted to appear shorter than my husband...

BaBeeCee14
02-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Cam,

You look gorgeous! I really like the 4th one. The detailing is so pretty and very elegant. I think it looks beautiful on you!

keenercam
02-03-2008, 08:17 PM
I really like the fourth one.

Thank you! It was pretty but it was LACE!!! Sorry, weird reaction there. My original gown was lace and somehow I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it again, but at least I know the style worked. :)

first of all, you do not look "large." you look amazing. you really do.

what color are you going to be wearing?

i like the first 2, but speaking from experience, if #1 was too heavy trying it on, it'll make you miserable on your day...and the days after your vr to be honest...

i think the 2nd one makes you look taller because it's an a-line and not a ball gown with a drop waist, it also looked like it fit you correctly up top. depending on how #1 ends up fitting, i like that one as well, i like the sweetheart neckline on you a lot!

i also think that if you wear it in an ivory/champagne it'll make you look taller as well. i think white makes us look squat. the only reason i wore it is because i'm an amazon at 5'9" and i wanted to appear shorter than my husband...

Caryn -- I LOVE your new siggie picture!! It is stunning. Howard said you were an absolutely beautiful bride! Thank you for the feedback. I am going to wear either champagne or ivory. Definitely not white. I really do hope that non-white will help wtih my whole vertically-challenged issue. ;) I am only 5'1". If I were tall and elegant like you and many of the other brides here, the options would be limitless. Somehow the first dress FELT special. Maybe because it's the first time I've ever tried on a dress other than the one my mother picked out. And I'm really glad you like the sweetheart neckline. The straight across one just makes my bust look like a loaf of bread (maybe I'm confusing that with my running bras. :lmao: ) But seriously, I do think it just looked a bit better. And I was really surprised about the weight on all of the dresses. I really have to get back into my strength training 2x/week routine. I think I can manage the weight of any of the dresses. Now the long train takes style and finesse, something I'd really have to practice!

Cam,

You look gorgeous! I really like the 4th one. The detailing is so pretty and very elegant. I think it looks beautiful on you!

Thank you so much, Catherine!

caryndisneydiva
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
thanks cam! thanks howard for the compliments! i can't wait for my randy shots to come in.

i wish i would have been well enough to work out before my wedding. it would have helped...

you will look beautiful on your day! does #1 require a crinnie? you could totally dye it...just a thought!

keenercam
02-03-2008, 08:31 PM
you will look beautiful on your day! does #1 require a crinnie? you could totally dye it...just a thought!

You know, I'm not sure. The saleswoman had me put on a slip that had a crinoline in it and then a lot of the gowns had crinnies built in. I told Howard I am going to dye the crinoline pink and he got this huge grin on his face, saying he loves the idea of me doing something so out of the ordinary. Then I told him I got the idea from you and others on here and he said "I want you to do WHATEVER strikes your fancy." Isn't he the best? :love: I am definitely going to be asking you for advice when it's time to dye it. :hug:

I am dying to see your Randy pix!

myprincessgirlisa
02-03-2008, 09:14 PM
cam!!

CONGRATS on your VR!!!!
& you have an amazing story!!!
Im glad you get to have a redo & do it ALL your way!!!!
You did not look "big" in your original wedding pic!!!
& i think your amazing for having a heart condition & turning your life around & now your in marathons!!!!!thats AWESOME!!!
you have GREAT motivation

im glad DFTW was able to get you all your spots at the GF!!!!
& as for the dresses...i like 1...i think its looks very pretty on you...not short!!

i cant wait to see more on your dream VR!!!:goodvibes

keenercam
02-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Thank you so much, Cori!! I LOVE your gown and really wish I could find one that has gorgeous sleeves like that already attached, so that they really match the gown. Actually, I am not slender so the bows would make me look like a linebacker, but the sleeves are perfect and the gown is exquisite!

PrincessBride010103
02-03-2008, 09:32 PM
I vote for the first one cam.
you look great :cheer2:

keenercam
02-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Thank you so much, Amanda. Okay, I have to ask you very candidly. You are young enough to be my DD (who is 19. _ She swears she loves all of them and really thinks the first one looks great on me. She even said -- "Mom, look at your smile! That dress is so you. You're all lit up wearing it! You HAVE to get that one." Now, that is so outrageously sweet of her, but I worry that she would be embarassed later, thinking that dress is not dignified for someone as old as me. What do you think?

PrincessBride010103
02-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Thank you so much, Amanda. Okay, I have to ask you very candidly. You are young enough to be my DD (who is 19. _ She swears she loves all of them and really thinks the first one looks great on me. She even said -- "Mom, look at your smile! That dress is so you. You're all lit up wearing it! You HAVE to get that one." Now, that is so outrageously sweet of her, but I worry that she would be embarassed later, thinking that dress is not dignified for someone as old as me. What do you think?

No way! You don't look too old for the dress! I'd love for my mom to wear something like that at her disney vr that she may never have because of my wedding putting them in the poor house :rotfl:

No really though cam, she wont be embarassed! You look beautiful! Shes going to be proud to show photos and say "look at my mom!"

keenercam
02-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks, Amanda! It's funny. We thought about putting this off until our 25th anniversary (just 11 months later), but I thought by then I might be budgeting for Jenn's fairy tale wedding at Disney or grad school for her or something else. And it just seems like sometimes you have to find a way to make your dreams come true, even if it means back-burnering something else. So, I am sure your Mom must be so absolutely thrilled to be doing this for you. It probably gives her more joy than you can imagine! And I hope that if she wants a dream VR some day, her dream will come true, too.

Oh, and I have told Jenn I won't be doing the Cinderella coach for me, but if she wants it someday, I want to do that for her! :love:

Minnie
02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Cam - 1st thing first I think you look amazing! All you hard work is really paying off big time! I remember you showing some of your old pics 70lbs ago and you truly look wonderful :thumbsup2 :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

The sweetheart neckline looks fab and I like either the waistline of #2 or #4.

Pick the one that you fall in love with. You deserve this soooooo much and you should feel like a princess on your special day no matter what anyone else (well except maybe Howard) thinks :goodvibes

caryndisneydiva
02-03-2008, 10:16 PM
your howard sounds like a dream! is this how marriage is? i LOVE it!

BethanyMouse
02-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Just catching up on your PJ and really have been enjoying it along the way! I really really like dress number 4. I think that you look beautiful. Number one is pretty too. You truly do look beautiful in the dresses. I am trying to lose weight now for the bridal dress day and it is so hard. I give you so much credit for that amount of weight loss. You look fabulous and should be so proud of yourself! I think you will be a beautiful bride!

Kewz1
02-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Wow!!!!

Cam, you look beautiful in the dresses! I think I like the 2nd & 4th the best. But, again, wow. Please don't be discouraged about your weight loss and what you think you still need to lose. You are such an inspiration -- and we are always soooo much harder on ourselves.

I told Kev about Howard doing the Goofy again. So, would you like to take a guess what my husband will be doing Marathon 09 weekend????? :rolleyes1 :eek:

Wait for it...

Kristen

jeanneg
02-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Did you hear the crazy thing my husband did this week? Yes, he registered to go Goofy again in 2009! I will really be counting on you in many ways that weekend to keep him sane! LOL! Oh, and he's doing the 5k with Andrew on Friday. Yeah, so instead of taking it easy, he's doing the Pleasure Island party time Thursday night with whichever of you guys are in town party: , the 5k Friday :banana: , the half marathon Saturday :cool1: , the full marathon Sunday :faint: , and he's sleeping in and getting up around 4:30 Monday for our portrait session at the MK! :eek:
Looking forward to sharing all the craziness and fun with you and Kristen! :hug: Stay well, sweetie!

Oh no! He'll have no energy left for the "honeymoon"! :scared1: :rotfl:

All of the dresses are beautiful, Cam, but I think my favorite is #4! (And you do NOT look large...you look lovely!)

KeenHo
02-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi, thank you for all the comments and compliments to my beautiful wife. :lovestruc :love2: :hug: She is amazing and I am very lucky to belong to her.

I think she made all of the gowns even more beautiful than they were. I like #1 best of the four she tried on. I like the bodice and the waistline on more than the others. You can see how lit up she is with it on. :cloud9: It was truly awesome to be there to see her try them all on. I am sure there are other gowns from other designers that are even more beautiful. I hope she has a BLAST searching for the one that makes her do one of these... :cool1: :banana: :woohoo:

Whatever she decides on, I want it to be her dream gown for our dream wedding at Disney.

Howard

Lisella
02-04-2008, 11:08 AM
The dresses you tried on are gorgeous. My favorites are #1 and #4. I agree that the sweetheart neckline does look very nice on you. Good luck and enjoy your quest for the perfect "one"!

pink_tink8i8
02-04-2008, 11:11 AM
I love dress number 1 and 4 on you. Do you think that the weight of it will be an issue for you?

mcarthur205
02-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi, I just wanted to say that dress no.1 is definitely my favorite on you! I'm sure it'll look even better when it fits you properly lol! And you definitely don't look 'big', you look great :)

TXBelle
02-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Cam- You look fantastic! I love #1 the most. I agree that the sweetheart neckline looks fabulous on you.

Howard- You are a dream! :love:

keenercam
02-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Thank you so much, everyone! Thank you, honey! :love: :love2:

Suzy -- you are so sweet! THank you!

Bethany -- Good luck on your weight loss efforts. I am so proud of anyone who takes the first step toward getting fit. For me, the VR is just the motivation I need to keep moving onward and downward. It would be such a miracle for me if I could lose 30 more pounds. It doesn't sound hard but I seem to be having a really hard time with it, but I am hoping to be where I want to be in the next 6 months or so.

Thank you, Jeanne! I am going to keep him hustling, just to punish him. I haven't even started scheduling all his "free" time yet -- hmm..... let's see, there's the rehearsal, the rehearsal dinner, travelling to the resorts to deliver welcome bags and check on guests, etc. etc. I wonder who he thinks is going to entertain his DM and DS and DBIL during the full! ;) I plan to be WISH Scream teaming! :cheer2:

Thank you, Lisella. I think I am just built too boxy to go with a straight line across the top of my bust line. :laughing:

Sabrina - I was really surprised at how heavy every dress was. I think as soon as they build in a crinoline or as soon as there is beading and sequins, the yards and yards of fabric just get that much heavier. I hurt my back pretty badly in September of this year and have been doing core strengthening, first through 8 weeks of PT and then on my own. I think if I continue to stay strong and don't put on any weight, the weight of the dress won't be a big issue.

Heather -- He really is a dream, isn't he? See how lucky I am? I don't think any woman in the world could wish to be loved more than I am. Truly a dream come true! :cloud9:

Oh, my goodness! Kristen, do you mean to tell me that Howard, who has been corrupted by Charlie and Craig, has now managed to get Kevin to cross over to the crazy side (er, . ... I mean the "Goofy" side)? I am telling you, we are going to have to make these guys dance their little feet off on Monday, just to punish them! :lmao: BTW, I just read that Goofy is 95% full, so if you haven't already registered Kevin, you might want to take care of that. ;) :cool1:

So, here is the dress I am dying to try on:
http://www.demetriosbride.com/us/collections/youngSophisticates/highres/2804.jpg

And here is the second on my list of dresses I can't wait to try:
http://www.demetriosbride.com/us/collections/youngSophisticates/highres/2808.jpg

I think the bottom on the first one looks like a dream. It reminds me of the ocean for some reason (which I love!) and it looks like it would be light and airy to manage. I just can't believe that I found two gowns by the same designer that have the gorgeous sweetheart or portrait neckline and really pretty sleeves. I'd even be willing to break my "no train" guideline to wear the first one. I hope, I hope, I hope it is that beautiful in person and that it looks nice on me.

helloirishkitty
02-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Wow, I'm late to the party :guilty:

First off, you look beautiful in all of them, but I really like the first two on you. They scream "I'm a disney princess!" and you are glowing in them. I don't really like sweetheart necklines in general so maybe that's why I don't like #3. #4 is beautiful, but it has no poof. I'm into poofiness... heh.

I love how you and Howard are both writing this. I know I probably said that before, but he's just SO sweet. You are a very lucky woman! :

Ok, and you posted while I was writing this so I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the first gown with the train and sheer sleeves. It is breathtaking... I want to go try it on. I bet it will be BEAUTIFUL on you :lovestruc

keenercam
02-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Thank you so much, Liz! Those two dresses are by Demetrios. For some reason, whenever I spot a Demetrios gown in a bridal magazine, my breath hiccups. :love: The styles are so feminine and unique and the materials are just literally breathtaking. Can't you just imagine how soft and flow-y all those layers of organza are on the first gown? :lovestruc :faint:

I have a feeling I am going to drive my girlfriends Judy (honeibee) and Kathy (Valentine) crazy when they come here in a couple weeks. I wont' be able to concentrate on trying on any gowns until we find those two!

Starr W.
02-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Wow, you found dresses with sleaves that don't look too frumpy!

You are my hero Cam!:yay:

I've been eyeballing stuff for my 20th in 6 years and I am really not into strapless. Though I did love Caryn's little fur cape/shrug or whatever you call it. Geez it might be useful because we'll probably do our VR right before Thanksgiving(it was rather cold in 2006).

I sort of like the top of dress 1 and the skirt of dress 2. I'm not into "poofy" but have been told to look for "elegant and lacey", no poofy skirt.

myprincessgirlisa
02-04-2008, 03:58 PM
LOVE the 1st dress...the lace overlay is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

go try that one on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

helloirishkitty
02-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Thank you so much, Liz! Those two dresses are by Demetrios. For some reason, whenever I spot a Demetrios gown in a bridal magazine, my breath hiccups. :love: The styles are so feminine and unique and the materials are just literally breathtaking. Can't you just imagine how soft and flow-y all those layers of organza are on the first gown? :lovestruc :faint:

I have a feeling I am going to drive my girlfriends Judy (honeibee) and Kathy (Valentine) crazy when they come here in a couple weeks. I wont' be able to concentrate on trying on any gowns until we find those two!

I think you should definitely drive them crazy because I can't wait to see it on you! The first one will probably feel like a cloud :cloud9:

caryndisneydiva
02-04-2008, 11:36 PM
i'm not normally into lace, but dress #1 of your second set is GORGEOUS. I think it's perfect for you, i just have this feeling...

kzmarathon
02-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Cam -

Yes, after I spoke with Kristen the other evening, I took a long 30 seconds to think about it and then logged into the registration website! I am officially signed up - now I just have to make the time for training when I get back to the real world and actually have a life again. It's going to be a blast I am sure - so much excitement that weekend!

Z :cool2:

lov2b@disney
02-05-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm late too! But, Love #1 of the second set! Try it on and dont forget the camera!!! We will be waiting!

DisneyLaura
02-06-2008, 10:47 AM
your howard sounds like a dream! is this how marriage is? i LOVE it!

It is for me.

Cam - the first set of dresses I pick #1. On the second set of dresses I pick #1 too.

roozlilone
02-06-2008, 09:44 PM
My favorite is #2!! But you need to pick the one that "speaks" to you, Go with your heart, it's never wrong! :love:

Can't wait to hear more!!

crzy4pooh
02-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Cam - First of all, you are just such an amazing person!!! :hug: I can't wait to see you and Howard again. And I loved reading your story - I am so incredibly excited for you! :goodvibes You will look stunning in any dress you choose, but I love the first one on you. No more talk of looking big - you look fabulous, and your weight loss is awesome!

:goodvibes Lynnda

pjstevens
02-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Oh, and here I was 70+ pounds ago, with two of the loves of my life!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce10b3127ccebebd371a7bac00000035100Ibt3DRs2cMT

Jen's mom!!!! Hi, It's Patty Stevens (Aubre's mom)! Oh my goodness you look wonderful! I have always wanted to run (use to be able to many pounds ago). You have truly inspired me. Hubby and I just started looking last night into a Disney Cruise and renewing our vows in September for our 25th. I was searching the boards and found your renewal pj. I can't wait to read more and live your dream with you.

keenercam
02-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Cam -

Yes, after I spoke with Kristen the other evening, I took a long 30 seconds to think about it and then logged into the registration website! I am officially signed up - now I just have to make the time for training when I get back to the real world and actually have a life again. It's going to be a blast I am sure - so much excitement that weekend!

Z :cool2:

Kevin -- I am so glad you are registered. Howard confirmed yesterday that he is too! Are you doing the 5k with Kyle as well? I think you guys are nuts! I know some of my girlfriends' husbands want to take Howard out for a night on the town Thursday night, probably at PI. Not sure if you and Kristen will be in town by then and whether Kristen and you will be up for it, by I hope you'll keep it in mind. ;)

Cam - First of all, you are just such an amazing person!!! :hug: I can't wait to see you and Howard again. And I loved reading your story - I am so incredibly excited for you! :goodvibes You will look stunning in any dress you choose, but I love the first one on you. No more talk of looking big - you look fabulous, and your weight loss is awesome!

:goodvibes Lynnda

Thank you, Lynnda! You are so sweet! That first dress really is a princess dress isn't it? When I walked out of the dressing room to show Howard, he said "that's perfect. a princess ballgown for a fairytale wedding." And all I keep thinking is of how these gowns will look all spread out around us in our Magic Kingdom castle shoot. And I get all weepy. Happy tears, of course, but I just can't believe it is all going to happen!

Jen's mom!!!! Hi, It's Patty Stevens (Aubre's mom)! Oh my goodness you look wonderful! I have always wanted to run (use to be able to many pounds ago). You have truly inspired me. Hubby and I just started looking last night into a Disney Cruise and renewing our vows in September for our 25th. I was searching the boards and found your renewal pj. I can't wait to read more and live your dream with you.

Hi, Patty! Wow! What a small world!! I just looked at your WDW holiday pix and they are great! You look absolutely awesome! And the kids look really great. I am so happy that everyone is doing well. I hope you will get to do your VR, too and that you'll start a planning journal here. I'd LOVE to hear all about your planning!

Oh, I should mention that when I try on those two Demetrios gowns or when I find "the one" I definitely will NOT be posting here. As you can all see, my DH is attentive not only IRL, but also here and has been so intimately involved with the planning. But the one thing I am going to keep a secret from him is what I will look like and what gown I ultimately choose. It will be SO HARD NOT to put pix in here to ask for opinions, but I am looking forward to sharing them by PM so that I can get advice and feedback. :cloud9:

I have been so sick since Monday that my weight dropped 6 pounds. I am sure it will all reappear when I can eat normally again, but my goal weight for gown shopping is not so far off from where I am now. Since I am still feeling so outrageously sick, maybe I'll just stick with brown rice and chicken broth and reach my next mini-goal by 2/22, when Judy & Kathy come to go shopping with me. :grouphug:

Oh, and after being so upset about the sizing issue, I feel better now because my very dear friend who is the tiniest person I know (geez, i'd guess she's a size 2 or 4 at absolute most), had to order a size 8 for her gown! :scared1: Now, I'd give almost anything to be a size 8 but there is no way my sweet friend Jess is a size 8! Thank God her ego isn't fragile. :cutie:

keenercam
02-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks to another bride here, I was reminded to stop at Target last night to check the $1 spot for mickey stuff. I found packs of 3 mickey gel pens and a 20 pack of heart cellophane bags. I figure after Valentine's day, I might be able to find some pick stuff in the valentines clearance that will work for our welcome bags. :sunny:

A really sweet DISer on the DISigns board made the cutest graphic of mickey & minnie running that will be perfect for our DP invites. So, last night at Target I picked up some ivory scalloped edge 4x6 cards and matching envelopes. I may not end up using them, but I want to have them in case that is the route we decide to go.

I dont' remember if I mentioned that the samples from cardsandpockets were really pretty and great quality. I am still pretty determined to make our invitations, though I may end up designing them and then handing over a CD rom to a printer so that the print quality will be great. Still undecided on this, but we have some time.

Sent our room block spreadsheet to Joe yesterday but he is on vacation for about a week, so I dont' expect to hear from him for a while. If I've figured it right, I think we can start making our DVC reservations tomorrow and through next week. :banana:

pjstevens
02-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Cam,

We are doing it!!!! Booked our cruise today and talked to DFTW today to renew our vows on the cruise!!! I am so excited!!!

keenercam
02-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Cam,

We are doing it!!!! Booked our cruise today and talked to DFTW today to renew our vows on the cruise!!! I am so excited!!!

Patty -- That is so exciting! Congrats! Now you have to start a planning journal!! :banana:

BayouPrincess
02-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks to another bride here, I was reminded to stop at Target last night to check the $1 spot for mickey stuff. I found packs of 3 mickey gel pens and a 20 pack of heart cellophane bags. I figure after Valentine's day, I might be able to find some pick stuff in the valentines clearance that will work for our welcome bags. :sunny:

Lucky Duck! I went to our Target this weekend, but no such luck. I'm going to my mother's this weekend, maybe her Target has some! I was able to get these great photo albums at DollarTree though. I'm going to post pics of them in my PJ soon.

Good Luck on the dress shopping. I love dress #1, you look absolutely princessy! (even if it doesn't fit right), it's beautiful!

caryndisneydiva
02-08-2008, 05:34 PM
i love the 1st lacy dress the best out of all of them...i'm sending that pic to my sister, i think she might need some inspiration...

pjstevens
02-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Patty -- That is so exciting! Congrats! Now you have to start a planning journal!! :banana:

Thanks Cam. I'm trying to finish my trip report from our trip in December, so I cannot start the planning journal yet, but I will.

DisneyLaura
02-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Cam,

That's so awesome. I'm doing a VR for our 25th but I have a long time to go (we just celebrated our 11th anniversary in Oct 2007). I should of did it for our 10th but I didn't know about the DIS boards then :confused3

Laura

keenercam
02-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Lucky Duck! I went to our Target this weekend, but no such luck. I'm going to my mother's this weekend, maybe her Target has some! I was able to get these great photo albums at DollarTree though. I'm going to post pics of them in my PJ soon.

Good Luck on the dress shopping. I love dress #1, you look absolutely princessy! (even if it doesn't fit right), it's beautiful!

Lisa -- Don't give up! I didn't find the pens in the dollar spot when I was there earlier this week (Monday) and then found them Thursday night, I think. I am still hoping to find Mickey note pads that I got there for the kids' stockings last year. I am hoping they will magically reappear in the dollar spot.

I had Howard stop at Target last night to pick up five more packs of gel pens. I figured I should probably plan on 20 welcome bags/boxes, just to be sure I have enough of everything. And I figure if I pick up things as we go along, it wont' be overwhelming to come up with ideas and shop later. Plus, it gives me plenty of time if I need to take pricemarks off stuff and if I want to wrap anything. :banana:

I have a really awesome "to-do" list running so that when I have some free time, I will do things like start designing our water bottle template, replace the tags on the wine bottle stoppers, etc. I think once it is time to send out the save the dates and our first newsletter, things might start rolling pretty quickly.

My next big project is our first newsletter. I am so psyched to do that!

i love the 1st lacy dress the best out of all of them...i'm sending that pic to my sister, i think she might need some inspiration...

Caryn -- I am so glad you like it. I hope it inspires your sister. :cutie:

Thanks Cam. I'm trying to finish my trip report from our trip in December, so I cannot start the planning journal yet, but I will.

Well, get writing!!! We NEEEEEDDD a PJ here from you! ;)
I'm waiting..........:surfweb:

keenercam
02-09-2008, 11:51 AM
that my BFF would NEVER do anything to make me feel uncomfortable or sad, but I was still worried about telling him that we can't invite his children (two of the three of whom are our Godchildren) to the VR. That was so hard, but he said it is absolutely NO problem. When he heard our guest limit is 40 he said "40 people is nothing. That would definitely limit your guestlist." He keeps telling me he will do absolutely ANYTHING I need him to do, that I should think of some stuff he can handle for me, before, during, after. I told him about Howard's bachelor outing Thursday night just so he can start planning to be down there in time for that, if at all possible. He even said he'd be glad to make sure all our guests are comfortable during the VR & reception, introduce people around, make sure no one is uncomfortable, etc. Geez, I love him! The good thing is that we can invite the children to our dessert party Sunday night.

gradtchr
02-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Cam you are truly one of the sweetest people! I love everything that you and Howard have planned so far!

That is so cool that your BFF was so understanding!

I can't wait to see what else develops in here. :)

DisneyLaura
02-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Cam - can you post pictures of the mickey things from Target? That was nice for your BFF to understand. See no worries.

keenercam
02-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Cam you are truly one of the sweetest people! I love everything that you and Howard have planned so far!

That is so cool that your BFF was so understanding!

I can't wait to see what else develops in here. :)

Thank you so much, Beth. That is so nice of you! :hug:

Cam - can you post pictures of the mickey things from Target? That was nice for your BFF to understand. See no worries.

Laura -- I haven't had a chance to take a picture, but there are some listed on ebay and this is what they look like:
http://i19.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/ce/99/00b9_2.JPG

They are only $1.00/pack. Today on a long car ride, Jenn put little Disney stickers over the pre-printed price on the backs of the packages.

Last night at Christmas Tree Shoppe, I found some cute notepads for the welcome bags as well as all sorts of fun wrapping supplies. I also took off all the price tags on the notepads today. So, now when I have some time, I can wrap the 20 pkgs of pens and the ~30 notepads. My to-do list is getting longer. ;) I LOVE it!

I also started playing around with a template to make my own mini candy bar wrappers. Howard, Jenn & Andrew were all very impressed! :lovestruc

pink_tink8i8
02-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey, you posted a picture of the mickey pens! They are SO cute!

roozlilone
02-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Great deal on the pens. I've been looking for some cheap ones and those are perfect!!! :goodvibes

toystoryduo
02-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Oh Cam,

I saw your post this morning in your WISH journal and just had to come over and visit. :hug: I'm sitting here crying with happiness for you and Howard. You are both very special, caring, loving people. We WISH you all the best in the world!:grouphug:

By the way, I know I'm a little late here, but out of the dresses that you have tried on so far, I think #1 is my favorite. You look beautiful!:bride:

keenercam
02-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Thank you so much, Tracy! It is so nice to see you here, sweetie! :love:

Okay, so I started recapping what we got done this weekend:

1. Howard and Andrew went to the dollar store and found packs of 100 individual loose Disney stickers that are kind of foil edged/glittery. We will be able to use these to decorate the plain wrapping paper I bought for welcome bag gifts.
2. We found really cute Disney bandaids for the welcome bags.
3. We bought hersheys miniatures so that I could start creating a template for mini candy bar wrappers.
4. I found some thin pink organza ribbon, though I'm not sure yet what I'll use it for.
5. We found inividual initial notepads at Christmas Tree Shoppes and picked them up for welcome bags
6. We found more of the mickey gel pen 3pks so that we now have enough for the maximum number of welcome bags that we would be making
7. I created a template for mini candy bar wrappers and came up with two designs that everyone in the family loved
8. I think I've finalized our save the date design for the vow renewal. Now I can order the components to make them
9. I think I've finalized the design for the invitations to the dessert party.
10. We signed the Randy Chapman contract and mailed it back
11. I contacted Beaute Speciale for my hair & makeup and Jenn's and told them I hope to do a trial in August or September when I am there for a weekend with a girlfriend.
12. I found some plain wrapping paper in pink and in gold foil so that I could start wrapping pens whenever I am ready

So, now my to-do list looks something like this:

Buy gold organza ribbon for wine bottle stoppers & star pens
Buy small clear labels (80/sheet) & clear address labels (20/sheet)
Wine bottle stoppers – remove ribbon; attach new tag & ribbon
Create label for back of “wishes do come true” tags
Tie “wishes” tags to star pens
Refine template for candy bar wrappers
Print candy bar wrappers
Cut candy bar wrappers & put in bag w/roll of tape
Refine template for water bottle wrappers
Print water bottle wrappers
Cut water bottle wrappers
Put water bottle wrappers in bag w/roll of tape
Order mickey mints
Order mickey sweetarts
Package mickey mints
Package mickey sweetarts
Wrap notepads & label
Wrap mickey pens

I've also started the shopping list for when we arrive in Orlando so that we won't be transporting mini candy bars or water bottles. LOL!

HUGE accomplishment today (though it took more than 35 minutes) -- I booked the studio that Howard and I will stay in Thursday night and then turn over to his mom & sister when they arrive Friday. I also booked the 2BR that Howard, Jenn and I will stay in Friday night and Saturday night. I'll call again tomorrow to book Sunday night on the studio and the 2BR. I haven't decided yet what to do about Monday night because we won't know for a while whether his Mom & sister will stay Monday night. I am pretty sure Jenn & Andrew will fly back Monday night so that they can both get back to class on Tuesday, but haven't decided yet whether to give up the 2BR for Monday night or keep it so that everyone has a place to leave their stuff before they go to the airport. Still all up in the air for Monday, but the critical accommodations will be in place as of tomorrow.

lov2b@disney
02-12-2008, 07:10 AM
WOW! you have been busy! I have those glittery stickers too !!

keenercam
02-12-2008, 08:18 AM
WOW! you have been busy! I have those glittery stickers too !!

Aren't they cute? I can't believe they are only $1!!! We got the pkg that had Mickey & friends and the package that was Ariel & friends and one of Pooh & Friends. They are ideal for covering prices that are printed on packages!

I heard such a cool song this morning when my clock radio alarm went off. It reminds me so much of me and Howard, not only because of the words but because Phil Collins' music is such a huge reminder of my college days and dating Howard.

Follow You, Follow Me (Phil Collins)

Stay with me,
My love I hope you 'll always be
Right here by my side if ever I need you
Oh my love

In your arms,
I feel so safe and so secure
Everyday is such a perfect day to spend
Alone with you

I will follow you will follow me
all the days and nights that we know will be
I will Stay with you
Will you stay with me
Just one single tear in each passing year

With the dark
I see so very clearly now
All my fears are drifting by me so slowly now
Fading away

I can say
The night is long but you are there
Close at hand I´m better for the smile you give
And while I live

I will follow you will follow me
All the days and nights
That we know will be
I will stay with you
Will you stay with me
Just one single tear in each passing year that will be ...

I will follow You ...

2ScottishPrincesses
02-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi Cam I've just stumbled across your PJ and I'm loving it. I got married for the second time in 2003 and was desparate for a Disney wedding but DH had never been married before and really wanted to do it in our own church surrounded by family and friends, so I'm living my unfullfilled WDW wedding dreams through you. The dresses are all beautiful, you looked fab in all of them but I prefered you in the first picture. Now saying that when I saw the dresses on p12 I fell in love with the second one, it is absolutely stunning and I'm positive you will be stunning in it. I was so sad that you didn't get the dress of your dreams when you got married, I didn't get the man of my dreams first time round but I adored both of my wedding dresses equally.

Anyway I'll stop rabbiting on and just say thank you for letting us share in your joy and excitement:flower3:

jeanneg
02-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Wow, Cam, you've been so busy! I am in awe of what you have been able to accomplish in such a short period of time! (Would you please come and organize my life?)

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-12-2008, 11:22 AM
what is a pj? Im guessing not pajamas?

Mrsdisneyb2b
02-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Wow, Cam, you've been so busy! I am in awe of what you have been able to accomplish in such a short period of time! (Would you please come and organize my life?)

keenercam
02-12-2008, 11:48 AM
. . . I'm living my unfullfilled WDW wedding dreams through you. The dresses are all beautiful, you looked fab in all of them but I prefered you in the first picture. Now saying that when I saw the dresses on p12 I fell in love with the second one, it is absolutely stunning and I'm positive you will be stunning in it. I was so sad that you didn't get the dress of your dreams when you got married, I didn't get the man of my dreams first time round but I adored both of my wedding dresses equally.

Anyway I'll stop rabbiting on and just say thank you for letting us share in your joy and excitement:flower3:

Thank you so much for visiting here! I LOVE hearing objective opinions on the gowns. Aren't wedding gowns the most beautiful type of apparel in the world? :love: :bride: I am so glad you found the man of your dreams. Maybe some day you will do a VR at Disney and tell him you'd marry him all over again! :lovestruc

Thanks, Jeanne! I LOVE knowing I have all this time to accomplish everything! It is easy to be organized when you have that luxury. LOL!! Now, as for organizing the rest of my life? Naaaahhhh, that's not as much fun! :rolleyes1

pj = planning journal.
Another one that might be confusing is PS= planning session
And VR= vow renewal

I hope that helps!

keenercam
02-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Forgot to mention that I made our DVC reservations for the all of the nights leading up to the ceremony. Now, I just have to figure out what we are going to do about Monday night. :confused3 There won't be time on the wedding morning for anyone to pack or check out, so I am thinking we may just have to "suck it up" and reserve Monday night so that everyone has the luxury of a place to leave their stuff and to change their clothes before heading to the airport.

2ScottishPrincesses
02-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Thank you so much for visiting here! I LOVE hearing objective opinions on the gowns. Aren't wedding gowns the most beautiful type of apparel in the world? :love: :bride: I am so glad you found the man of your dreams. Maybe some day you will do a VR at Disney and tell him you'd marry him all over again! :lovestruc

I did actually table the idea of a VR on our honeymoon when we were waiting outside for our dinner a 1900PF and looking at the wedding pavilion...well it was worth a try don't you think:rotfl: I've suggested to DD11 that she should get married in WDW if she ever goes down that route:rolleyes1 , her response was not exactly enthusiastic(she thinks I'm nuts). I was so disappointed:rotfl: ...maybe it's for the best '*** the early signs are I'd turn into your mom and take over:scared1: .

Your choice of wedding gowns are just gorgeous, as I said I loved both of my gowns and they were each completely different style from the other. My SIL used to design and make bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses and DD and I would model them in wedding shows, it was so much fun.

PrincessBride010103
02-12-2008, 12:24 PM
I did actually table the idea of a VR on our honeymoon when we were waiting outside for our dinner a 1900PF and looking at the wedding pavilion...well it was worth a try don't you think:rotfl: I've suggested to DD11 that she should get married in WDW if she ever goes down that route:rolleyes1 , her response was not exactly enthusiastic(she thinks I'm nuts). I was so disappointed:rotfl: ...maybe it's for the best '*** the early signs are I'd turn into your mom and take over:scared1: .

Your choice of wedding gowns are just gorgeous, as I said I loved both of my gowns and they were each completely different style from the other. My SIL used to design and make bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses and DD and I would model them in wedding shows, it was so much fun.

My mom suggested I get married at WDW when the wedding pavilion was first built, i also laughed in her face and told her she was nuts.....and here I sit 12ish years later on the 10 day wait til my Disney fairy tale wedding at....THE WEDDING PAVILION! So you never know...your DD might change her mind some day :cloud9: I know I did

2ScottishPrincesses
02-12-2008, 12:36 PM
My mom suggested I get married at WDW when the wedding pavilion was first built, i also laughed in her face and told her she was nuts.....and here I sit 12ish years later on the 10 day wait til my Disney fairy tale wedding at....THE WEDDING PAVILION! So you never know...your DD might change her mind some day :cloud9: I know I did

:lmao: Thanks for giving me a glimmer of hope but she thinks I've got OCD when it comes to WDW trips as it is. Never mind I've got another DD whose only two so I've got alot longer to try to brainwash her...believe me if anyone is going to go for an OTT princess wedding in WDW it'll be Niamhprincess:

PrincessBride010103
02-12-2008, 12:40 PM
:lmao: Thanks for giving me a glimmer of hope but she thinks I've got OCD when it comes to WDW trips as it is. Never mind I've got another DD whose only two so I've got alot longer to try to brainwash her...believe me if anyone is going to go for an OTT princess wedding in WDW it'll be Niamhprincess:

Well at least you've got 2 chances!!! Keep brainwashing!! Its bound to work on one of them! :laughing:

keenercam
02-12-2008, 12:50 PM
You guys are so funny! I have already talked to Jenn about doing a WDW wedding some day and she says she has to find the right guy first and one big way she'll be able to tell if he is "the one" is if he loves Disney!! We definitely raised her right! :lmao: I have also told her that I won't be doing the whole cinderella coach thing but will pay for it for her someday if she wants it. She thought that was really cool, even though she has always been more of a Belle girl, than Cinderella! :love:

PrincessBride010103
02-12-2008, 01:00 PM
You guys are so funny! I have already talked to Jenn about doing a WDW wedding some day and she says she has to find the right guy first and one big way she'll be able to tell if he is "the one" is if he loves Disney!! We definitely raised her right! :lmao: I have also told her that I won't be doing the whole cinderella coach thing but will pay for it for her someday if she wants it. She thought that was really cool, even though she has always been more of a Belle girl, than Cinderella! :love:

YAY for boys who love disney!!! :)
And no girl could turn down Cindy's coach...especially after seeing it!! I think thats the thing Im most looking foward to in 10 days...well except being married of course!!

WDWFAN9
02-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Cam, those dresses look wonderful on you (especially the #1's) but what will make all the difference is the glow of love you and Howard share. I am sure you will find "the one" and it will be absolutely gorgeous.

How cool that you have the opportunity to enjoy all the planning/excitement that you missed the first time around.

keenercam
02-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Thank you so much, Pat! :hug:

keenercam
02-12-2008, 08:59 PM
:woohoo: Found some much needed supplies at Joann's tonight (thanks, padisneyfour! :hug: )!!!

I am now the proud owner of
15 yards white cotton cording that looks like shoe lace
lime green fabric dye (thanks for finding it, Andrew! :love: )
8 mm flat backed rhinestones (to go with the 7mm ones I found)
jewel-it embellishment glue (the new rhinestones aren't self-stick)
a paper/cardstock cutter
4 rolls gold organza ribbon
2 rolls pink organza ribbon
pink metallic stick-on hearts (I have NO IDEA what to use them for but they were so cute!)

I told Andy he is in charge of dying the shoelaces lime green! :rotfl2:

padisneyfour
02-12-2008, 09:01 PM
yeah for you! Sounds like projects are in the works:thumbsup2

keenercam
02-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Updated to-do list:

So, now my to-do list looks something like this:

Cut gold organza ribbon for wine bottle stoppers & star pens
Buy small clear labels (80/sheet) & clear address labels (20/sheet)
Wine bottle stoppers – remove ribbon; attach new tag & ribbon
Create label for back of “wishes do come true” tags
Tie “wishes” tags to star pens
Refine template for candy bar wrappers
Print candy bar wrappers
Cut candy bar wrappers & put in bag w/roll of tape
Refine template for water bottle wrappers
Print water bottle wrappers
Cut water bottle wrappers
Put water bottle wrappers in bag w/roll of tape
Order mickey mints
Order mickey sweetarts
Package mickey mints
Package mickey sweetarts
Wrap notepads & label
Wrap mickey pens
dye shoelace/cording lime green
cut shoelace/cording
create prototype of WISHES DP invitation

caryndisneydiva
02-12-2008, 10:16 PM
wow! that list looks a lot like mine, buy this, take this out of the package, cut this, JUST LIKE ME! wow cam! we're alike! now that i'm going to be in wdw this time, i might crash and lurk!!!!!

keenercam
02-12-2008, 10:22 PM
wow! that list looks a lot like mine, buy this, take this out of the package, cut this, JUST LIKE ME! wow cam! we're alike! now that i'm going to be in wdw this time, i might crash and lurk!!!!!

LOL! Caryn, I'd give anything to be as organized and successful as you in planning the perfect wedding and reception! I am extremely flattered to think I might be anything like you! ;) Oh, and the reason every little thing is on my list is because I NEEEEEDDD to be able to cross stuff off, even if it is something seemingly inconsequential! :lmao:

Feel free to lurk away. I am hoping to have a chance for us to say "hi" -- maybe at the start of the 1/2 marathon. I will probably be wearing a pink tee-shirt that says "Running to the Chapel" with a graphic of a running Minnie in a veil. Oh, and I'll probably have been talked into wearing Minnie bride ears, too! LOL!

Lindsay22
02-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Cam!
I'm Caryn's sister and I'll be running with her, so I'll get to meet you (hopefully) too! :cool1:
I think you should ABSOLUTELY wear bride ears! How fun would that be?!?

keenercam
02-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Lindsay -- It is so wonderful to see you here! I am so excited for you and Caryn! :grouphug: You are going to LOVE being part of the excitement race day, even if you don't love every minute of the training. You both need to download some awesome music and use mp3 players when you train. :cool1:

traceycooper
02-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Cam
just wanted to subscribe to keep up with your planning :)
I've just read the intro - how you & Howard met & your wedding, i'm so happy for you that you met & married your soul mate & that now your going to get your dream wedding :)
Happy planning - i will be follwing :)

keenercam
02-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Thank you so much, Tracey (although, this is really weird. I posted a reply yesterday that never showed up. :confused3 Sorry I don't remember what else I might have said. Nothing too profound, I'm sure. SO you didn't miss anything! :lmao: )

Well, I have accomplished more things that weren't really on my to-do list, but that needed to get done.

1. Our DVC reservations are now made for Thursday night through Tuesday check-out. :banana: We still haven't figured out if we need the studio and the 2BR Monday night, but I figure it is better to make the ressie and decide later. SOOO glad there is no uncertainty now about accommodations for DMIL and DSIL.

2. I set up a Disney honeymoon registry, so that we can start saving for some special activities during our 3 day honeymoon. There are certain tours, etc. that we will add and then I'll start putting money on the card throughout the year. I just figured it was a fun way for us to set up a vacation/honeymoon account and the card & totebag were very cute incentives.

3. I called a bunch of bridal salons to track down the dream dress and NO ONE has it. Someone pretty knowledgeable yesterday made two suggestions: (1) his salon has a loan program with the designer and he might be able to get one in on loan for me to see/try. It would only cost me $50, which would be put toward any gown I purchase at his salon. Frankly, even if I didnt' recover the $50, the fee would be recovered in not having to pay travel expenses to a distant salon. (2) The same gentleman believes the gown will not be available until June and then I should be able to try it at nearly any salon that carries that designer. He said June is still PLENTY of time to order it and have it in time. My only concern is that June is insanely busy with DH just graduating, us being really, really tied up through the second weekend in June with Special Olympics Summer Games, and getting ready for our WDW/DCL trip 6/27.

I did, however, find that designer will have a trunk show the second weekend in March about an hour from here. I have no idea whether that gown will be there, but my friend whose wedding is next month said it should definitely be there for me to see/try. So, I am going to make a reservation to attend that. I really don't want DH to go and I don't want to go alone so I am going to have to give some thought to that.

Oh, and one more thing accomplished. I made an appointment to try on 4 or 5 other gowns I like next weekend when my two girlfriends are in town to go dress shopping with me. :love:

pjstevens
02-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Cam,

You are so organized. I am certain your VR will be absolutely amazing!!! Once you get THE dress, you'll have to send me a pic (since hubby has to crash the board). Mine read our tr on here but I hope he doesnt' come over to my PJ. I don't want him to know of the little things I might be planning.

Kewz1
02-16-2008, 08:30 AM
<<Kevin -- I am so glad you are registered. Howard confirmed yesterday that he is too! Are you doing the 5k with Kyle as well? I think you guys are nuts! I know some of my girlfriends' husbands want to take Howard out for a night on the town Thursday night, probably at PI. Not sure if you and Kristen will be in town by then and whether Kristen and you will be up for it, by I hope you'll keep it in mind. ;)>>

Hey Cam!

Yes, we will be there on Thursday so count Kevin in for PI. However, the BIG question is what are YOU doing Thursday night??

;) :woohoo: :rolleyes1 :dance3: :upsidedow :cool1: :wizard: :yay:

Kristen

keenercam
02-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey Cam!

Yes, we will be there on Thursday so count Kevin in for PI. However, the BIG question is what are YOU doing Thursday night??

;) :woohoo: :rolleyes1 :dance3: :upsidedow :cool1: :wizard: :yay:

Kristen

Partying with the girls, of course!!! So glad you'll be there with us to share the fun!! Pleasure Island will never be the same! :laughing:

Lisella
02-16-2008, 02:27 PM
I love that you are planning on doing Make-A-Wish Foundation donations for your favors. I am planning on doing this as well. Its funny because I am also planning on incorporating "wishes" into my theme as well - great minds think alike LOL!! Anyways, I think this is a great cause and it certainly works with the theme.

You are doing a great job at that to-do list. Keep it up!!

Valentine
02-16-2008, 10:43 PM
It's Almost time.. it's almost time... :) I keep thinking this time next weekend I will be with my other family!! YAY!!!

caryndisneydiva
02-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Feel free to lurk away. I am hoping to have a chance for us to say "hi" -- maybe at the start of the 1/2 marathon. I will probably be wearing a pink tee-shirt that says "Running to the Chapel" with a graphic of a running Minnie in a veil. Oh, and I'll probably have been talked into wearing Minnie bride ears, too! LOL!

i can't wait to meet you! are you going to make your race shirt? i'm going to do something for lindsay and i...i just don't know what yet! i think you should wear minnie ears, though i'm not sure i could deal with them on my head while running, i think they'd bounce around too much...you might be able to put them on a baseball hat though!

Lindsay -- It is so wonderful to see you here! I am so excited for you and Caryn! :grouphug: You are going to LOVE being part of the excitement race day, even if you don't love every minute of the training. You both need to download some awesome music and use mp3 players when you train. :cool1:

got my nike plus for my birthday yesterday!!!!!!!!

keenercam
02-18-2008, 10:56 AM
I love that you are planning on doing Make-A-Wish Foundation donations for your favors. I am planning on doing this as well. Its funny because I am also planning on incorporating "wishes" into my theme as well - great minds think alike LOL!! Anyways, I think this is a great cause and it certainly works with the theme.

You are doing a great job at that to-do list. Keep it up!!

Thank you, Lisella! I just figured that we'll have some fun gifts for our guests in their welcome bags and at the dessert party the night before, so I think our guests will actually enjoy that we are doing that. They are all such wonderful people. :lovestruc

It's Almost time.. it's almost time... :) I keep thinking this time next weekend I will be with my other family!! YAY!!!

Kathy -- I am so excited!!! We are going to have such a great time!

i can't wait to meet you! are you going to make your race shirt? i'm going to do something for lindsay and i...i just don't know what yet! i think you should wear minnie ears, though i'm not sure i could deal with them on my head while running, i think they'd bounce around too much...you might be able to put them on a baseball hat though!

got my nike plus for my birthday yesterday!!!!!!!!

Yay! Happy Birthday (a little late!) Caryn!! If you need ideas for some great running music, send me a PM. My running playlist is awesome! I'm not sure yet what I'll do about a race shirt. Our WISH team usually wears lime green, but I think I won't for the 1/2 next year. I'd love to wear something pink with the "running Mickey and Minnie" logo that a sweetheart DISer created for us. My girlfriends say I need to run with the Minnie ears on. My philosophy is that you should ABSOLUTELY not try anything new, food or clothing or routine-wise on race day that you haven't done for your training long runs. However, I just CANNOT imagine wearing those Minnie ears for my training around our neighborhood or at the Y. :lmao: Can you imagine? :eek: :rotfl2:

keenercam
02-18-2008, 11:40 AM
More planning updates.

Okay, first I have to explain the ring situation. When we got married we couldn't afford bands and might not have exchanged rings. My parents offered us their original bands until we could afford to buy our own. Things were so ugly with them that we charged bands when a local jeweler had a buy one get one free sale. Since that time, we have replaced my original engagement ring and Howard's wedding band. I had a wrap around my diamond and then a baguette band that I now wear on my right hand, so we've never replaced that original sweet band with anything else (I actually wear it now on my right hand behind another ring to keep it on and I sometimes wear Howard's original band as a thumb ring. :lovestruc ). Sooo, in 1991 we saw a gorgeous diamond ring that Howard wanted to buy me. By the time he went home to get a credit line checkbook to pay for it and had made his way back to the mall where I was waiting, I'd come to my senses and said there was no way we should spend the money on that extravagant diamond ring. Instead within months we bought our first home. :yay: 11 years later, Howard worked with our favorite jeweler and re-created that ring we'd seen in 1991 and that is what I wear now. Because it was custom created, there is no band that fits it.

Whew! That was a lot of background. ;)

So, on Saturday, Howard and I met with the jewelers who designed and executed that diamond ring that he gave me for our 18th anniversary. We all talked a lot about what I want (very simple band with a few diamonds, perhaps in a vertical channel setting) and they are going to work up some design ideas. I am so excited about being involved up to a point and then leaving it to Howard to finalize and for me to see it for the first time on January 12!

I think we have decided to rent an owner's locker, too. I could take down a lot of our stuff when I go down in May for the Minnie 15k and then maybe take more when we go down in June for our PS/cruise or whenever I get down there for hair & makeup trial.

Heard from Randy that he got all our paperwork. His emails are so endearing. :)

Heard from Veronica at Beaute Speciale about appointments for me and for Jenn on event day. :cheer2:

So, stuff that is done:
1. Initial meeting with jewelers
2. Paperwork to Randy and acknowledgment of receipt
3. Appointments set with Ana/Veronica

Yesterday we made all our flight & hotel reservations for the few days we'll be in WDW before our 4 day Disney cruise. Now that I have that all finalized, I want to see if Joe can tentatively pencil us in somewhere for a planning session on 6/26 in the afternoon. I know that is really early compared to our event date, but we might not get down there again together later. I also want to contact Carolyn Allen's to make an appt for that day for DH and DS to get fitted for tuxes. Howard wants to wear the tux he owns, but I'm just not sure it will go with my gown if I end up wearing ivory or champagne or candlelight color. I'll ask their advice.

Knowing I want to take some stuff down in May will probably motivate me to do some of the welcome bag stuff early, including the wine stoppers and the pens/tags.

Lynn5700
02-18-2008, 04:54 PM
You have a lot done,that is great!!!When are you going down in May?

keenercam
02-18-2008, 05:54 PM
You have a lot done,that is great!!!When are you going down in May?

May 2-5. I am doing the Minnie 15k on May 4 with 6 of my closest girlfriends as well as many more wonderful WISH team members from here on the DIS. :cool1: :cheer2: :banana: I am SO PSYCHED for this trip! My girlfriends and I are also going to go check out the Grand Floridian and figure out how far it is from the monorail to the wedding pavillion, check out our dessert party location, try to pick up some things I want from Franck's, etc. It will be fun to share all that with my friends! :bride: :love: :cutie: :cutie: :cutie: :cutie: :cutie: :cutie: (that is, I adore Carrie, Heather, Judy, Lily, Martha and Rhonda!!!!)

keenercam
02-18-2008, 10:19 PM
I wanted you all to see my gorgeous ring:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc39b3127cceb50c98d7182800000026100Ibt3DRs2cMT

You can see the unique setting pretty well in this one:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc39b3127cceb50c9aa1996f00000026100Ibt3DRs2cMT

keenercam
02-18-2008, 10:23 PM
I cant figure out why they are so huge. I re-sized them on photobucket to be much smaller! :confused3

Okay, that's better! :) I switched to shutterfly and that worked. Sorry!

2ScottishPrincesses
02-19-2008, 11:16 AM
That ring's beautiful Cam and actually it would go perfectly with my own wedding band. My band has an indent in it and has wee diamonds scattered on it, it's very simple but I love it.

keenercam
02-19-2008, 11:17 AM
I forgot to mention that I ordered a crinoline on-line yesterday. I don't even know if or what kind I'll need yet, but the price was really good and I want to get an idea of what it will be like when I go dress shopping this weekend. I didn't get one with hoops because I KNOW I am not picking a dress that will need a hoop crinoline. This one is A-line. And I didn't realize the waist is so adjustable. Thank God. I was worried about whether the nicer salons would even have one in my size to try with dresses, so I am thinking it can't hurt to have one in case they don't. It may even be here by Friday. It shipped today from California.

WDWFAN9
02-19-2008, 12:58 PM
I wanted you all to see my gorgeous ring:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc39b3127cceb50c98d7182800000026100Ibt3DRs2cMT

You can see the unique setting pretty well in this one:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc39b3127cceb50c9aa1996f00000026100Ibt3DRs2cMT

Wow! That is absolutely stunning!!

DisneyLaura
02-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Cam - your ring is gorgeous! Have fun dress shopping this weekend.

Lynn5700
02-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Aww Cam I love the way your ring is set,it is so beautiful!!!

I wish I could do the minnie 15k :(.We get in on the 5th and it would be too much with the wedding on the 7th. Have fun!!!!

keenercam
02-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Thank you, Pat & Laura! :hug:

Aww Cam I love the way your ring is set,it is so beautiful!!!

I wish I could do the minnie 15k :(.We get in on the 5th and it would be too much with the wedding on the 7th. Have fun!!!!

Oh, come on,Lynn!! Fly in on the 4th instead and have a bit of extra bling for your wedding day! :laughing:

caryndisneydiva
02-19-2008, 05:33 PM
whew! lots of updates! i think you're right about wearing the mouse ears during the 1/2...can you imagine the looks people would give you if you wore them while training? although, i DID see pics of 3 men dressed as flamingo's during the 1/2 last year. i wonder if they practiced in their costumes?

love the ring, very beautiful!

they'll probably have crinnie's for you to try the dresses on with. who did you order from? the only reason i wore a hoop was because it wanted to keep all of that fabric off my legs. i took the first 2 hoops out as well, so only the bottom one was in!

keenercam
02-19-2008, 06:40 PM
. . .. .
they'll probably have crinnie's for you to try the dresses on with. who did you order from? the only reason i wore a hoop was because it wanted to keep all of that fabric off my legs. i took the first 2 hoops out as well, so only the bottom one was in!

I ordered it from an ebay seller called angelsbridalshop who had over 49,000 transactions and 100% positive feedback. I paid for it last night around 6pm and got a notice during the night that it was being shipped today. If it gets here by Friday, it will be remarkable, since it is coming from California, but it means a lot that the seller responded that quickly.

keenercam
02-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, in anticipation of my dress shopping this weekend, I have been faithfully NOT eating late at night and have been more disciplined about goign to the gym. I am still determined to lose 12 pounds before my May race and hopefully will be ready to order my dress soon after that.

The trunk show at the Demetrios salon that we are visiting this weekend is 2 weeks after that. I've made a list of the gowns I want to try this weekend, but it looks as if I'll have to wait for the trunk show to see "the one". ;)

lov2b@disney
02-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Have a great time dress shopping!

pjstevens
02-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Cam,

Hope the weather cooperates and you get to go dress shopping this weekend. Can't wait to hear how you make out.

P.S... love the ring. Howard is a great guy!

keenercam
02-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Thank you, Sandy & Patty! Howard really is amazing.

Oh, I have to tell you the sweetest thing he said this past weekend. :love: He told me I smelled good and asked which perfume it was that day and I said "I used the pear blossom shower gel but I'm wearing Beautiful" and he said "I think I like Beautiful best of all on you." And I said "What? You actually remember the other perfumes I've worn?" And he said "Yep, I remember Red Door and Sunflowers and Anais Anais and Beautiful" He named several others that I can't even remember right now! :) I was so touched! And I told him so. Can you imagine that? He actually remembers every (or nearly every) perfume I've worn since we met (it's the earliest ones that I can't remember right now and he does!). That is more than 25 years worth of perfumes! Isn't that amazing? Isn't he just the sweetest? Oh, man, I think I just fell in love all over again just thinking about that conversation! :faint: :lovestruc

KeenHo
02-21-2008, 02:25 PM
:goodvibes :love: :lovestruc :cloud9: :flower3: :hug: