PDA

View Full Version : Going Alone

PieInYourEye
02-26-2002, 08:14 AM
I have an AP so I go to WDW often, usually for the weekend. But next week, I'm treating myself to a long overdue vacation. I'm going alone next week - Saturday through Thursday or Friday.

I'm looking for some ideas... something a little different for myself.
:pinkbounc

ozzel
02-26-2002, 08:48 AM
I LOVE going alone! I've done it often. My favorite part is talking with Cast Members! You can gab for as long as you want - which is harder when the group you're with wants to go on rides. :D

I would try to do the "other stuff" at WDW - boat rentals, horseback riding, rent a bike and ride around. Make PS for a character breakfast or your other favorite spots.

Bring a book and read - the lounge at California Grill, Outer Rim, and others like it are great for just sitting in (during the day they're not very crowded - if even serving).

Go on attractions you would normally pass - sing along in Country Bears (or your favorite show - you don't know those people:) ) - Go on the Steamboat and ask the Captain if you can stear the boat! (seriously, I've done it - we talked the whole way, but it was fun!) - Get your own boat for Mexico (:p)

Don't run to all the rides, sit on the benches and enjoy the freash danish from the bakery - help lost people (I seem to have "Ask Me" tattooed to my forhead - they just walk up and ask :)) - get hugs from all the characters you see:rolleyes: - enjoy all the great entertainment at World Showcase (http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm)

Do what YOU want to do.

-Kim

DeeP
03-01-2002, 08:23 PM
I also love going solo and have done so many times. I also enjoy talking to CMs and other guests, I have met the nicest people this way. Take time to enjoy the little things like the wonderful atmosphere at WDW you can observe from a bench, take a behind the scenes tour they are a lot of fun, try some of the wonderful restaurants throughout WDW--it is much cheaper when you are only paying for one and you can try many new things, print out the hidden Mickey lists from deb willis site and go in search of hidden Mickeys, try some pin collecting and trading you will meet a lot of nice people also attend the pin seminars--the one held at MK by Scoop Sanderson is wonderful, relax by your resort pool or at one of the water parks with a good book and a tasty drink, catch all the wonderful park entertainment(the extras like British Invasion in UK, the living statues in France, etc) at all the parks, go to the flag retreat ceremony at MK it is especailly moving since 9/11, go to Pleasure Island and go to the Adventurers Club and the Comedy Warehouse, go to the Boardwalk and see the boarwalk entertainers and then go to Jellyrolls for a fun time, go to the Poly beach and watch the Electrical Water Pageant and the MK fireworks, go to the observation deck at the Contemporary for an even more awesome view of the MK fireworks, take the resort tour WL offers. These are only somethings to do, there is a ton of things to do and enjoy at WDW. But most of all relax, take time to appreciate the little things and have fun!!!!

Figment2
03-03-2002, 10:00 AM
Take one of the tours. Seems when I go with other people I never have time to do that. I've gone several times on my own and enjoy soaking up the information a tour provides.

Enjoy!

Cyn