PDA

View Full Version : Tab and Greg PJ: 9/30/08 - Update! Our "Highlights" video from Cinema Chic

Tabetha
12-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi Girls, I know I haven’t been around much and I wasn’t all that well known before I vanished for a while, but I thought it would be nice to put a planning journal together and get to know folks a little bit better.

About us: Greg and I met through comedy. We’re both actor-types who specialize in improvisational and sketch comedy in Toronto. I’d met Greg here and there through the “scene”, and always thought he was pretty cute. We did a show together (an improvised whodunnit) and during the course of the show I was surprised to find that although my character started out flirting with Greg’s, before long it wasn’t the character anymore. I was flirting with him. After the show, he introduced his girlfriend. Well, darn.

Months later, we met again at the Canadian Comedy Awards (where my improv troupe won “Best Improv Troupe” for the second year in a row, thank you very much!). We were backstage and he greeted me with a hug and a “What is that intoxicating perfume you’re wearing?” I laughed, and told him I wasn’t going to tell him what perfume I was wearing so he could go home and get it for his girlfriend! He replied, “What girlfriend”. Apparently they had broken up. I didn’t believe him so he enlisted the help of many people to prove they weren’t together anymore.

He had to leave the Awards weekend early, and I spent the rest of the weekend flirting with others, thinking that pursuing Greg made no sense, thanks to the 9 year age gap. I swore I’d never date a younger man. Seemed pointless, since we’d be at such different points in our lives. But, in an uncharacteristic move, when I got home, I emailed him to see if he wanted to get together and watch football. He did. We had a wonderful time. Long story short, never say never. Turns out Greg is the most wonderful, generous, kind and loving man I’d ever met. And Scooter, my dog, loves him!

The Proposal: Disney World, where else. I had been working on a cruise ship (actually, working for a comedy theatre called “The Second City”, doing shows on NCL cruise ships) and we had a week off since Rosie O’Donnell chartered the ship we were working on and brought all her own entertainment. I took that week and met Greg at Disney World. We love going there. It was where we took our first vacation together, and I had recently bought into DVC thinking that I’d like to bring kids there someday (if I ever have them). It was the week after my birthday, so Greg had planned a special “Birthday” night for me. All he told me was to bring a dress, and so I did. We got ready and hopped in the car and drove from Saratoga Springs over to the Magic Kingdom area. When we pulled into the Polynesian, I figured we were going to the Luau. Greg parked me at the bar by Ohana, and said he was going to “check in” at the Luau desk. I ordered drinks, and when he came back he said we had time to watch some of the fireworks, so we walked to Sunset Pointe. This is where Greg started to get agitated. There were people already there, sitting on the grass. He didn’t want to stand close to them, so he pulled me back a bit. Then more people came. He didn’t want to be near them… so we walked down the hill on the grass. I slipped my shoes of and walked barefoot on the cool, damp grass. We stood there in each other’s arms, watching the Electrical Water Parade. I didn’t think it was possible to be happier. We had been apart for almost 3 months, I only had to go back to the ship for one more week and then I could go home, but we got a trip to Disney in the meantime! What could be better? Only one thing. Before I realized what was happening, Greg was down on one knee asking me to make him the happiest man in the world by being his wife. I don’t think I even let him finish, I said yes so fast.
We watched the fireworks for a few minutes more, happy tears in our eyes, when Greg said, “We’d better get going if we’re going to make our Victoria and Albert’s reservation”. Just perfect. Our menus said “Congratulations on your engagement”, which makes a wonderful souvenir. A perfect end to a perfect night.

The Aftermath: If you could call it that. Our parents were thrilled. Our friends were ecstatic. Happiness reigned. We just had to decide on where to have the wedding (as if there were any doubt), what kind of wedding to have, and when to have it.

The Planning: We took a look at dates we wanted to work around – we didn’t want to get married in the summer – too hot. We needed to wait until Greg was finished school, though, so that ruled out spring. I wanted to keep the date sometime in “low” season, to help keep costs down (which also meant avoiding a weekend). In a perfect world, I also wanted the wedding to coincide with the Food and Wine Festival – a favourite of ours. Originally we chose September 29th, but when I contacted Randy Chapman to book him, he had just received a deposit from another bride for that day. Well, boo! So we bumped the date to the 30th, and all was right with the world again.

On a visit in September of this year, we met with Bill Barchik at Disney, and set up plans to be married in the Wedding Pavilion at noon on September 30, 2008, with a lunch reception to follow in the Whitehall Room, and a dessert Party later that night at French Island, Upper. I am thinking of keeping the dessert party as a surprise for our guests.

The Clothing: As soon as the idea of an engagement was even hinted at, I started looking at dresses. I knew it was going to be a chore, because I’m not into the whole “princess for a day” thing. I don’t like big and poofy, and the idea of this imperfect, bumpy body being coated in white satin seemed to be a bit more than I could handle. It wasn’t long before I came across a photo of a Jenny Packham’s “Claire” design. I fell in love with it. It was perfect - kind of Art Deco, kind of vintage glamorous. Love. This. Dress. I went to the only shop in Toronto that carried it - $2900, pre-tax (14%) plus alterations? Ouch, and no. And so I kept looking. Boy did I look. But I figured if I wasn’t going to settle on the man, why settle on a dress? Ok, I’m really trying to justify spending more than twice what I wanted on a dress… its corny, but it’ll make me happy. I found a place in New York that has it for less, and they’ll ship it. So. That’s how it’s going to be.

The Dress:

http://www.fairy-tale-weddings.co.uk/jenny-packham/clare.jpg

Not sure about a veil – possibly a birdcage. Definitely no tiara. Probably will wear blue shoes. Greg will wear a morning suit for our daytime ceremony and reception, and may change into a tux with tails for the Dessert Party.

The Flowers & Décor: Absolutely no idea. I’m totally lost.

The Food: Again, no idea. Something awesome, though. The food is very, very important to us.

Entertainment: I would love to have a jazz trio at lunch.

The Wedding Party: I will have my sister, Rachael, stand up for me, Greg will probably have his sister, Kathryn, stand up for him.

The Officiant: Rev. Randall Miller. I saw Caitlin’s sneak peek on STVS’s website, and I knew I wanted him. Greg’s family is Catholic, and since a Catholic ceremony wasn’t an option we’re having a blessing at home before our “at home reception”.

The Photographer: Randy Chapman, of course.

Hair/Makeup: I’d like my step-mom to do my makeup – and I know she’d really like to do it. She sells Mary Kay and has done my makeup for other things – including a photo shoot. She’s really good, and I think it’d be nice. Problem is, my mom really dislikes her, is afraid of her, or is intimidated by her, or some weirdness like that. Either way, bad blood. And I think my mom would want to be around, and have her makeup done too. Hair – no idea. Maybe I’ll just have someone come and do everything for all of us, and find another way for my step-mom to be involved.

The Politics: Yes. At every wedding there is always some form of drama or another. And mine is that my parents are divorced – they separated 5 years ago. Time has passed, but things are still raw. I’ve told my mom that she needs to figure out a way to be able to be in the same room with my dad without having an emotional breakdown, but she hasn’t figured out how to deal with her feelings yet – even after all this time. It’s the only thing that worries me. And it’s a doozy. I’m already stressed out about it and the wedding is still 10 months away.

Invitations: No idea.

Favors: No idea.

Gift Bags: Seems like a nice idea. We’ll see if it’s in the cards. And by cards, I mean budget.

Budget: Interesting that you should mention that. The minimum for our day/time of year is $10,000. We’ll have no problem hitting it, I’m sure. We decided on a Custom Wedding after talking out the differences between the two. Ultimately, we figured we’d rather have the option of having more than 18 guests and would prefer the structure and planning that goes along with the Custom (Wishes) wedding option. For me, it was all about the cake tasting. You think I’m kidding? Did I mention, we love food?

Money?: I’m currently halfway through the first of my two, four-month contracts on the NCL Spirit. Its hard being away, but Greg and I recognize that this is the best (and only) way for us to come up with the money we need for the wedding. He has some money saved, and I am paying down my own debts and generating savings to fill up our wedding budget goal. Being away from home for 8 months sucks pretty hard, but my life on the ship is pretty easy, and it is very rewarding to actually be a working actor for a change. Our current home port is New Orleans – which I’m falling in love with, and in March we’ll be making the trek back to New York – which will be our home port for the rest of my contract.

And Tah-dah! That is my planning so far. I’ll try and update when I have more info, and are in a port with free internet!

mla1977
12-06-2007, 03:18 PM
So Exciting!!!! The beginning of your story sounds familiar. Have you posted it somewhere else on here?

helloirishkitty
12-06-2007, 03:54 PM
I love the dress- it's so unique! Congratulations and happy planning! :goodvibes

Kristen14
12-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Can't wait to read more... I love food too :woohoo:

hope1826
12-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Your dress is so BEAUTIFUL!!

Tabetha
12-07-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm pretty sure I posted the proposal story back in Feb/March, so that might be why it sounds familiar...

Thanks for the compliments on the dress. I'm sending my measurements today - although I was pretty preturbed when my friend and I did the measurements last night. How did I get so thick!? Oh right - lethargy and ship food. Ouch.

Every go on a cruise and gain 5 pounds? Yeah, try living on a ship for 8 months. Yowza.

caryndisneydiva
12-07-2007, 03:44 PM
very exciting! i always wanted to work on a cruise ship! i am wearing a birdcage and it is so beautiful, i can't even tell you! i got mine from www.mybirdcageveil.com the lady melody who owns the company is fantastic! i love her, she is so sweet and my veil is striking! can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans!

Tabetha
12-07-2007, 05:16 PM
very exciting! i always wanted to work on a cruise ship! i am wearing a birdcage and it is so beautiful, i can't even tell you! i got mine from www.mybirdcageveil.com the lady melody who owns the company is fantastic! i love her, she is so sweet and my veil is striking! can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans!

Thanks for the link, Caryn. I can't seem to get it to work, but that could just be the crappy ship internet. I'll check again in a port somewhere. It's going to be expensive, planning a wedding from afar, considering I will need to pore over a zillion web pages - and ship internet is expensive (although cheaper for us than for passengers). Worth it, though.

Working on the ship is fun, although we don't work that much. We're pretty lucky, we just do our shows and hang out the rest of the time. Not like the real crew who work a zillion hours a week! We're weenies compared to them.

caryndisneydiva
12-07-2007, 06:02 PM
i just checked that site and i think they moved it to

http://www.myweddingveil.com/birdcage_veils.htm

hth!

i majored in dance in college, many many of my friends did the cruise ship thing either during college or after, i still have a few friends on celebrity! shoulda woulda coulda...

Tabetha
12-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the new link - that works!

Ok, so now I'm having dress ordering stress. I'm working on losing weight right now, and I need to either order my dress in 16 or 18. I feel like the 18 will be too big. The 16, I'm 2 inches too big in my waist and my hips right now. If I lose the 10 lbs I'd like to, my waist drops by 5 inches and my hips by around 3, based on my history. I feel like I should order the 16, but now I'm scared - what if by some fluke I'm unable to lose ANY weight?

More salads, more gym time...

caryndisneydiva
12-08-2007, 02:45 PM
what if by some fluke I'm unable to lose ANY weight?

unlikely...why don't you just get the bigger size and have it altered to fit you before the big day!

Tabetha
12-08-2007, 02:49 PM
I admit, I am prone to hyberbole.

If it were any other dress, I probably would order the size up. I'm just concerned with the sparkly overlay. It's pretty ornate up around the torso, and I don't think it would take well to major tailoring... The silk sheath would be no problem.

What I may do is wait, and take the hit on a possible price increase in January.

DigitalLove
12-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Hiya Tabetha!

You're proposal sounds absolutely beautiful and your dress is stunning! That is exactly the kind of dress I pictured myself in... Floaty and dreamy and light and lovely.... Hmmm.... my choice of dress when we went shopping didn't QUITE end up with me getting floaty and dreamy and light though!! Hahahaha

Is it possible to wait a little while before you order your dress? Planning a wedding is stressful enough without giving yourself the added hassle of HAVING to fit into a dress too... Although I appretiate the incentive for it to fit is what some people thrive on and gives them the determination to lose weight. I'm not really sure I could put myself through that though. I bought my dress in a UK size 10 (which I think is a size 6 in the US?) and although in an ideal world I would really like to be a size 8 when I get married and probably will be down to healthy eating and the gym, I just didn't want the extra stress of HAVING to get to my goal by March. I also chose a lace up back style dress so i'll get away without having to have the sides taken in (or out!!)

Good Luck with your plans... everything sounds wonderful!!

Christina

xxx

Tabetha
12-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Hi Christina!

Thanks for your comments - good advice. The embarassing point for me is that I really have no excuse to NOT be in good shape right now. I could go to the gym 24 hours a day if I wanted to. Its not like there's a huge demand on my time here. But, I do have to cut myself some slack, I'm almost all the way through a running training program which will have me running 5K in another week's time, and the time that I've put in so far has made a marked difference in my hips, legs and derriere.

Now, I need to start working the rest of me. And I need to get over the fact that the lettuce on the ship "tastes weird". It really does though, sometimes. It tastes like it's been stored in a tin can or something.

I suppose I don't need to order the dress immediately, whatever I save in a potential price increase could be lost to massive alterations if I order a dress that ends up being way too big when I lose weight. (Yes, WHEN I lose weight. Go positive thinking!)

Tabetha
12-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Well, it's a done deal. I've ordered the dress. The very nice lady I've been dealing with concluded that the smaller size should be fine, now that I'm "in training to be a bride". What a funny phrase! She's right though.

After our shows last night, I passed on the cocktails and had a club soda when I was hanging out with the cast, AND I left after an hour so I could get in the gym time that I had procrastinated on during the day time.

Hooray me! I'm gonna do it!

Tabetha
12-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Greg and his family are on board the ship this week so we can all celebrate Christmas together.
For our Christmas gift, they've kindly offered to pay for our photographer. I was so surprised, it was a very sweet gift!

Tabetha
01-15-2008, 08:51 PM
I've started creating newsletters for our guests, and I'm pretty pleased with how they're turning out. The first issue outlines when the wedding is happening, why we chose that date, hotels, reasons to stay on property, and other events going on at WDW while we'll be there. I hope to get them printed up at Office Depot, and then get them mailed out in the next couple of weeks.

We're still waiting on our Letter of Agreement and whatnot, we'll probably get it next month sometime.

We're considering these invitations: http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/products/images/345_c3_front.jpg

I like the vintage look of them a lot. Plus, they're relatively reasonably priced.

We're thinking of blue and green as wedding colours - green is Greg's favourite colour, and I keep seeing wedding stuff I like in blue.

So that's where we are at the moment. Greg will be coming to visit me on the ship again in February, so we'll be able to sort out ceremony ideas then so I can send the couple interview back to Rev. Miller. On his last visit over Christmas, we sorted out a guest list (A's and B's) and he's at home gathering addresses of his friends and family. Whatta guy!

Tabetha
01-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Wow. My ticker says 8 months until our wedding. So I guess we'll get our Letter of Agreement soon, unless we have to wait all the way till the end of the month, since we're getting married at the end of September.

Greg's coming on Feburary 17th to spend the week with me, so I emailed Bill to see if we could get it that week. Doubt it, but it's worth asking, right?

Meanwhile, I caught a Mardi Gras parade on Sunday afternoon. How FUN! And I caught a bazillion beads, which will come in handy at our "at home reception", which is being held at a New Orleans themed restauarant.

Keira1387
01-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I really like the invitations! Getting your letter of agreement is the best part(besides paying the deposit:rotfl: ) That's when the ball really gets rolling!!!

Tabetha
01-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Whee! We're a step closer!
Bill sent us an email detailing the info he needs from us to create our letter of agreement, and our room block!
Now the room block stress begins...

Tabetha
01-31-2008, 04:37 PM
I really like the invitations! Getting your letter of agreement is the best part(besides paying the deposit:rotfl: ) That's when the ball really gets rolling!!!

Thanks! I'm hoping the paper for the invites isn't too chintzy!

Tabetha
02-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Ok, I understand the room block stress. But I think I've got it all figured out. I've set aside a room at the deluxe level, and the majority of them at moderate and value. We've decided to commit to 35 rooms - we had 20 booked with just Greg and I, my sister and my parents, so we're in good shape!

I'm also going to provide in my newsletter information about booking via dreamsunllimitedtravel.com, and via a DVC rental. DVC rental would be especially handy for those wanting to share rooms, and dreams unlimited will let them know of any discounts that come up (such as free dining!).

All in all, I think people will be happy - hey, they gotta stay somewhere!

Tabetha
02-04-2008, 08:23 PM
I was wandering along a very closed Magazine Street in New Orleans on Sunday, and came across a store that I'd heard of via the internet at www.trashydiva.com, and low and behold, I think I may have found my Maid of Honor/Best Woman dresses. Who knew you could find beautiful wedding gear at a place with "trashy" in the name?

http://www.trashydiva.com/trashydiva/obi1forest1.JPG

Tabetha
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM
And now we're thinking of a different invite. More expensive, but ultimately more fitting, I think...
http://www.decodezigns.com/SiteCM/i/upload/BD84FCD7CE7912D20B36B90DBA3665F1305A45B3.jpg

Tabetha
02-05-2008, 02:12 PM
I just thought of what I think we should do for our table numbers - I'm thinking of a black and white photo of a different famous art deco building. So, say, the Empire State Building, The Chrysler building... grab a couple of Frank Lloyd Wright's creations...

I figure, frame it up, put a title on it, it'll look great!
http://www.essential-architecture.com/STYLE/250px-Chrysler_building-_top.jpg

Yay! This is really starting to come together for me, thematically speaking.

Tabetha
02-08-2008, 02:50 PM
So this week, we've ordered and paid for the invitations. We went for the Art Deco ones.
Part of me wishes we went for the Atlantic Dance Hall for our reception to keep up the Art Deco theme with our site, but frankly, it's too big for us, and we really wanted a sit down meal...

Tabetha
02-12-2008, 03:24 PM
So now we've got the lovely invitations picked out, but what to write on them? There's plenty o' room for a nice, touching quote about our love, marriage, or the state of the universe in general, but we have no idea what to put there. A lot of the quotes I'm seeing online are more sugary sweet than high-fructose corn syrup - and that stuff's just not us.

I'm not really sure how to lay this out - any suggestions would be welcome.

Tabetha
02-16-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm very excited - Greg arrives tomorrow (Sunday) to spend another week on the ship with me! Its going to be difficult, because I'm going to be rehearsing a new show all week, but he's got plenty of stuff to keep him busy while I'm working. Frankly, just waking up next to him will be a welcome change!
Hopefully our Letter of Agreement will arrive via email while he's here, so we can sign it together.

We'll also be deciding stuff for the invitations, so if any of you know of a spectacular website with quote ideas, we'd love to know about it.

Tabetha
02-29-2008, 12:18 AM
So last week, while Greg was here, I also received a whole new cast, director and show to put up. We knew it was happening, and Greg was amazing about how much time I needed to spend away from him in rehearsal.

Sad thing is, I started coming down with a wicked flu a couple of days into the week, so basically, if I wasn't in the theatre rehearsing, I was sleeping. I have no idea how I got through it. Oh wait, yes I do. Greg. He got me drugs, and soup and let me sleep and spooned me... Greg is amazing. That is why I am marrying him.

My sister is here with me this week, and tried on the dresses that I am thinking about for her and Greg's sister. They're cute.

And now, my sister is sick. Fun. Poor gal comes for a visit, and I sleep for days on end leaving her to explore Guatemala by herself, and last night she came down with food poisoning. Barfy. The Medical Centre gave her a shot of some anti-barf drug, and she's been sleeping all day.

We are a living testament to "party".

And so now I wait for our Letter of Agreement. I was under the impression it would take 2 weeks from sending back our room block and stuff, and it'll be three weeks tomorrow. Yargh. Waiting is my weakest point.

Lynn5700
02-29-2008, 01:05 AM
Aww glad you got to see your fi :) I love the color of the BM dress,she could wear that dress again if she wanted to.Love it.

Tabetha
03-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks, it was wonderful to see him. We won't probably get another chance till the end of May, so anything is better than nothing.

We were thinking of having Greg's sister in the dress, in green, and my sister in blue - since they're not bridesmaid dresses in the technical sense, my hope was definately that they could wear them again.

Also, we got our letter of agreement last Friday - I was so excited! I printed it out, signed it, and wrote up a check for my sister to take home with her, so that Greg could sign his parts and courier it to Disney.

It's so exciting!

We're also planning on purchasing carbon offsets to alleviate the CO2 emissions created by friends and family coming to our wedding.

Lynn5700
03-03-2008, 06:46 PM
WOO HOO!!! Now when you get your contract back you will get the APS!!!!! It's exciting :)

Keira1387
03-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Congrats on getting your contract!!!!

Tabetha
03-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks - it's kind of fun looking at our Disney wedding website and imagining our friends booking hotels and stuff.

Kind of makes up for the fact that my sis and Greg's sis aren't too in love with the dress I found. I know it's my choice, ultimately, but I don't want them to be miserable, so back to square one!

scottish/canadian
03-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Just thought I'd say hi to another fellow Toronto girl...even though you technically aren't here! :wave2:

Tabetha
03-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Hello fellow Torontonian! I miss home, but I am happy to be avoiding the weather right now!

Tabetha
03-05-2008, 04:52 PM
The letter is being FedExed back to them today - so we're on our way.

I'm just waiting on a couple of addresses before I email our guest list to Disney, for our Save the Dates, but I don't think I'm going to wait too much longer. At this rate, I may just have Greg hand deliver the ones we can't get addresses for.

And speaking of mailings... we got our first draft of our invitation today. I love them, they're going to be amazing. I'm so glad we went with a designer, it's nice to be able to go back and forth to make sure you like them.

quidam373
03-05-2008, 06:42 PM
I LOVE the dress! it's gorgeous! and i lovelovelove the bridesmaid dresses too...too bad they dont like them. hope everything is going well!:goodvibes

Tabetha
03-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks, I really like those dresses as well. I'm sure we'll find something else nice. The last thing I want is for the gals to spend money on a dress that makes them feel self conscious. Boo to that.

Last I heard, the Letter was being FedExed to Florida last week, and I sent the address list to Disney so they could begin mailing the Save the Dates.

This weekend I found some pewter colored picture frames at Michael's. They were 40% off, so I bought a bunch to use for table numbers. Can't hurt...

Tabetha
03-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Oh boy. I thought FedEx was supposed to be fast. According to Greg, his parents sent out the package with the letter and the check last Wednesday or Thursday (already, I'm nervous with the "or" in there), and Disney has still not received it. Really? Really FedEx?

Ugh, I wish I could have taken care of it myself.

mla1977
03-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Did they keep the tracking number? You can always track the package on Fedex's website.

Tabetha
03-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Greg said they gave a tracking number with a phone number that doesn't work... Oh FedEx. I asked about the tracking number via the website, but I haven't heard back yet. I won't panic just yet, but Bill said he'd email when he gets the package, and I haven't heard from him yet today, either.
I mean, I don't think they're going to cancel our wedding or anything, but the logistics of having to print up another copy, sign it, and get it to Greg in Canada so he can sign everything again... well it's more than I want to think about right now. So, fingers crossed...

Tabetha
03-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Wow. They did not send it FedEx. They sent it Registered Mail. Not what we wanted, but there you go.
Too many cooks!

Tabetha
03-17-2008, 07:18 PM
The Letter arrived at the Disney Office on Friday, so we're in business. I had to send an updated address list for the Save the Dates, however. My grandmother passed away this weekend, and I wanted to ensure they didn't mail a Save the Date to my uncle in her name. Not a good idea.
We'll have to find a way to remember her on the day. And my Grandfathers. And Greg's Grandfathers and Grandmother. We'll figure something out.

Tabetha
03-17-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure how to post photos from websites using my new Macbook yet (I miss right clicking), but here goes a shot at posting the leading favourite for the BM dresses.

http://barijay.com/style.php?style=758&PHPSESSID=29fed18bc8ac69c2116c03cc2f9d3676

Lynn5700
03-17-2008, 09:16 PM
The dress look's super comfy!!!! I love it,I think it will flow so nice on the girls.

Tabetha
03-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks, I think it'll be a nice look for both of them. They're different builds, but this seems to be something that would be flattering on both.

My sister's going to go try it on and have a look at the color samples to let me know how it looks in person.

Tabetha
03-20-2008, 03:08 PM
I found a cake that I'd like to see if Disney can recreate without breaking the bank! Picture it in blues and greens.

http://images.theknot.com/pictures/knottv_05_190.jpg

Tabetha
03-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Ok, I've got posting photos down. So here's the Bridesmaid dresses without having to look elsewhere. See what I do for you disers?

Front:
http://barijay.com/dress/popuppics/758bg.jpg

Back:
http://barijay.com/dress/popuppics/758altbg.jpg

AND! Our deposit check just cleared my bank, so it's really, really real!

M&M126
03-20-2008, 07:22 PM
I LOVE that cake! I hope they can recreate it for you! And the dress is awesome too :)

newyearsbride
03-20-2008, 07:33 PM
I love the cake! Very modern!

roozlilone
03-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Oh, really, really love the cake. And I think it will look even better in blue/green! :goodvibes

shezfrombermuda
03-20-2008, 08:52 PM
I really like the cake, especially the size of the second layer, it makes it look very unique and modern! I agree that it would look better in in blue and green.

Tabetha
03-21-2008, 02:40 PM
I LOVE that cake! I hope they can recreate it for you! And the dress is awesome too :)

Thanks! I love how the cake's shape sort of makes me think of the top of the Empire State Building or the Chrysler building...

Tabetha
03-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Oh, really, really love the cake. And I think it will look even better in blue/green! :goodvibes

Thanks! I'm wondering about replacing the scrolly thing on the large layer with the simple peacock from our invite, or alternating. I'm wondering if it might be too busy, though.

Then again, that sort of detail would be another price bumping culprit!

Tabetha
03-21-2008, 02:45 PM
I really like the cake, especially the size of the second layer, it makes it look very unique and modern! I agree that it would look better in in blue and green.

Thanks! Well that does it. The Brides of the Dis agree!
I think I've mentioned this to you before, but I LOVE Bermuda.

IndyBride
03-21-2008, 04:26 PM
The Bridesmaid dresses look really nice. And that cake will be gorgeous in the blues and greens.

Keira1387
03-21-2008, 07:01 PM
I like your cake! It's very unique

Tabetha
03-24-2008, 01:14 AM
Thanks! It's so cool to see things starting to come together. I realized that I haven't posted what Greg will be wearing. Not sure about the vest and cravat yet, but here's the gist of it...

http://www.carolynallens.com/for_him/tuxedos/grey_tuxedos/images/somerset_526.jpg

Classy, eh? He really wanted to wear tails, but it's an afternoon wedding, so this is the next best thing.

Tabetha
03-24-2008, 05:24 PM
The Designer Loft just emailed me - my dress is in! Now... do I have them ship it to my mom and have her bring it to the planning session in June? Can I wait that long?
I would rather not have it here on the ship, frankly, so it seems that shipping it to my mom is a better idea.
But she's having roof trouble, and the thought of the dress getting leaked isn't good.

Then there's the option of shipping it to my dad, and having him hand it over to her before she leaves to come see us in June.
Might be good for them to see each other, practice before the wedding...

Tabetha
03-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Big week! We've heard from our planner - Michelle Gihlooly. I know others have had and loved her, so that's wonderful.

I'm also in contact with Carolyn Allens. I think I'm going to go have them do an initial fitting with me in June, and leave the gown with them till September. We'll do a final touch up before the big day, so I'll need to arrive in Florida rather early. What a shame, more time in Florida!

Tabetha
03-27-2008, 12:18 AM
The invitations are done! Hooray! My sister's working on addressing the envelopes which we had shipped ahead, and soon she'll have the invitations and can start stuffing as she goes.

She also received the extra Save the Dates, which the post office managed to mangle. Hopefully we won't need to use them, but she says they're in good enough shape, just in case.

Tabetha
04-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Michelle's assistant, Brandye, is working on scheduling our planning session in June - we've arranged to be in town for a few days at the end of my contract. I've also set up an appointment at Carolyn Allen's to do my initial dress fitting, and they'll measure Greg for his tux at the same time.

We're on the waiting list to stay at either DVC Vero Beach Resort, or DVC Hilton Head Island for a couple of days after that, so we can have a few days together before we get back to Toronto, and the craziness. We'll have been apart for 8 months, so we deserve a little time!

B2B-2008
04-01-2008, 02:51 AM
Just wanted to say, we have the same planner :cool1:

I haven't met Michelle in person but we have talked a few times over the phone and she is very nice and helpful.

Tabetha
04-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Just wanted to say, we have the same planner :cool1:

I haven't met Michelle in person but we have talked a few times over the phone and she is very nice and helpful.

Hey planner-buddy! That's great. I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet, since the only day we've been in an American port so far has been Sunday. But she left a message when she was assigned, and she sounded really nice.

Fortunately, we're on a reposition cruise back to our original home port - New York City. I can't wait. On the new itinerary, we'll be in Port Canaveral every other Tuesday, so I'll probably take a mosey over to Disney World at least once!

The other excellent thing about the new itineraries is that we'll be in US ports twice a week (New York and Port Canaveral one week, and New York and San Juan, Puerto Rico the next), so I'll be able to use my phone and call Greg TWICE a week. What luxury!

sunsh1ne
04-01-2008, 01:29 PM
michell and brandye were my planners and they are both amazing!! i loved everything they did and they are sweet hearts. my day was magical and as amooth as could be!!

you are in good hands
tell them hi for me!

Tabetha
04-02-2008, 10:53 PM
michell and brandye were my planners and they are both amazing!! i loved everything they did and they are sweet hearts. my day was magical and as amooth as could be!!

you are in good hands
tell them hi for me!

That's wonderful to hear - your day looked like it was wonderful!

Tabetha
04-02-2008, 10:55 PM
It's official. The date of our planning session is set!

Now we have months to pore over every menu Disney chefs ever thought of to choose what we want to try!

Tabetha
04-03-2008, 03:17 PM
I've just bought some accessories for my noggin. My sis and I are going to make a cage veil when I get home, but I wanted a little fancy to go with it.
Here's what I picked. A bit simpler than a fascinator (which are beautiful, but I like this desconstructed idea).
http://image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.23412137.jpg

I don't want to get too heavy handed with "peacock", but this is a nice tie in to our invitations, I think.
I got enough so that we can pin them to boutinneirs (I can never figure out how to spell that darn word) and into my bouquet if we want...

jacqu3lin3
04-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm lovin' the peacock theme......We are thinking of using peacock feathers in our centerpieces and my bouquet, as well.

Tabetha
04-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm lovin' the peacock theme......We are thinking of using peacock feathers in our centerpieces and my bouquet, as well.

Thanks - they really are a lovely way to bring in rich, vibrant colors!

DisneyFairy19
04-05-2008, 10:21 AM
How exciting that your planning session is booked!!!!!!!!!!

Tabetha
04-07-2008, 05:39 PM
My dress has arrived! My dad emailed me today to tell me that my gown has been delivered to him in Florida. I can't believe I have to wait until June 22nd to see it!
He said the box looked as though it had been packed by gorillas, and sat upon by elephants. He figured the dress is fine - I guess we'll know when he gets home from work and opens it!

Tabetha
04-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Wow, I haven't updated in a while.

We've decided to do a little something different for our guest book - rather than have a book that will just end up sitting somewhere collecting dust, we're going to have this photo matted, and have people sign the matte. We figure it's a whimsical nod to our "Disney wedding with a vintage feel..."
It'll be the only thing "Disney" about our wedding, aside from the location.
Here's a link to the Etsy.com store, I don't want to use the pic without permission...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9286869

We love it.

Also, I sent our newsletters to Staples via their website this week, and I'll be picking up the real live version from a location near the port today. I can't wait to see how they turned out! I guess I'll be spending the next couple of sea days addressing envelopes, so now I know how my sister feels!

IndyBride
04-19-2008, 12:52 PM
That is a cute picture of Mickey! I love all the different representations of Mickey there are. We are going to do a photo matte with a picture of mickey. We might do Minnie and Mickey though.

Tabetha
04-19-2008, 09:59 PM
That is a cute picture of Mickey! I love all the different representations of Mickey there are. We are going to do a photo matte with a picture of mickey. We might do Minnie and Mickey though.

So smart, right? We're both geniuses.
I just know if I used a book, I'd never look at it again!

Tabetha
04-22-2008, 11:28 AM
So I've been looking at Disney's Event Planning site (you know, for meetings and stuff) to get an idea of some other menus. Well, the more I look, the more I start to think a buffet would be a great idea. We really wanted to have a sit down meal because our guests are just that - guests. We'd like them to be served.
But then I have another look at those yummy buffet spreads, and all the choices. Then I think about brunches - and how much I LOVE brunch.

Oh boy. What to do, what to do?

Tabetha
04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
We just received some excellent news. Second City - the theatre who employs me on ships - has just offered Greg a job!

After our wedding, we'll be sailing together!! Finally!

shezfrombermuda
04-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Congratulations! That is very exciting news!

Mumofthebride
04-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Fantastic news

Kim

Lynn5700
04-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Aww that's great!!! What a fun job!!

Tabetha
05-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Thank you all so much - we're so happy. I've done 4 contracts without him (that's 16 months) and it's hard! This will be a really fun way for us to start our married life together.

Also, our "guest book" photo is done, so I'l get to pick it up this weekend.

And just for fun, we've signed up for the Disneymoon Registry... AND Owner's Locker.

Tabetha
05-06-2008, 09:07 PM
I bought my shoes today! I can't make the link work but here they are http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=231080&CategoryID=13247&cm_mmc=bazaarvoice-_-RLP-_-231080-_-image_link
I love them, they look like they were made for my gown.
Who knew that the Macy's in San Juan, Puerto Rico had the answer to my shoe dilemma? And I got them on super sale - only $44!!

Keira1387
05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Your shoes are very pretty!

Tabetha
05-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks, I'm pleased with them. Now hopefully they'll be reasonably comfortable all night!

Tabetha
05-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I can't decide if I like these for centre pieces...

http://www.smileyme.com/images/ostrich_feather_wedding_centerpieces.gif

Ultimately I think they work with the vintage theme/vibe, but they are too big and busy for small tables and a small room like the Whitehall Room. Now if we were doing it in the Atlantic Dance Hall... Look out.

But I think I prefer the idea I saw in Martha Stewart's most recent wedding magazine - small tables, champagne bucket as centre piece - including a chilled bottle of champagne. Add a few candles and rose petals, and I think we'd have a very pretty table.

Tabetha
05-17-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm so happy. My sister is visiting me this week on the ship, and she brought the invitations with her, so I finally get to see them in person. They're small, but I like them. Saves paper! Save a tree!

She did an amazing job addressing them all - she learned calligraphy cause she wanted to address the envelopes. Sweet. They look pretty.

We did a custom postage stamp, too. It's a picture of my dog, Scooter, wearing a bow tie. It's ridiculous, and I love it. I'll try to get some time next week to upload the image so's you all can see it.

The project for the week is final assembly. We're lining the envelopes with a pretty paper, and adding in a slip of paper inviting people to write any dietary needs on the RSVP cards - since bonehead me didn't think to have that information added...

They'll be in the mail by May 26th! Hooray!

Tabetha
06-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Yay - invitation sightings have been reported. People are booking rooms this week... wedding stuff!

Also, I booked Patricia LeJeune for her oh-so precise cosmetic application. I love the way her work looks. Precise!

Tabetha
06-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Wow. We've made a music decision! Amazing!

I decided a while back that I wanted to walk down the aisle to a Beatles tune. It was some of the only music in the house growing up, and I love it. I recently bought a couple of Beatles CDs to load into my woefully underprogrammed iPod (seriously, it's embarrassing) and every time "Something" came on, I'd get all dreamy. I could picture it. But I thought it might be a bit presumptuous. The lyrics are all "she's so awesome, I love her like crazy" (paraphrasing) - so I thought it'd be a bit vain to pick that for my entrance...

Well, I was chatting with Greg tonight, and I mentioned that I was thinking about the Beatles. And he said... "What about that Beatles song - 'Something'? I think of you every time I hear it. I put it on a CD for you on your first ship contract..."

Whaaaaaa?

So. That's the one. Something (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBe85UKa1GQ) - possibly George Harrison's finest bit of writing.

Tabetha
06-06-2008, 03:24 PM
The RSVPs are rolling in... And by "rolling", I mean we've gotten 3!
I'm so excited!

lurkyloo
06-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Wow! Lots of stuff coming together for you. And what a sweet story about the Beatles song... :cloud9: Apparently Greg thinks you're awesome and loves you like crazy!

Tabetha
06-06-2008, 03:35 PM
LOL. Yeah, who knew?

Tabetha
06-12-2008, 10:52 PM
I've found the group we'll be using to purchase carbon offsets for our wedding. If anyone's looking to do something similar, this group provides a nice framed explanation of your donation.

http://www.terrapass.com/wedding/weddingcalc.php

Lynn5700
06-13-2008, 01:55 AM
WOO HOO for getting responses!!!!!!!! That's very exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tabetha
06-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Thanks Lynn! I'm maybe a bit more giddy than I need to be for 8 RSVPs, but there you go... That's me in a nutshell.

I finish my contract on the ship on Sunday the 23rd, and fly from New York to Orlando, where I will meet up with Greg (and my mom!) to attend our Planning Session!

I will report as much as I can, but I must admit, I forget to take photos of stuff.

The goal is to be savvy in the session and not get side tracked with a lot of stuff it'd be NICE to have. I have to keep on track, I'd really like to not get a BEO that drives me to drink.

camara381
06-19-2008, 11:49 PM
You are leaving this weekend for you PS, have fun PLEASE take lots of pictures....that way we can live vicariously through you.. popcorn::

Everything looks great so far, love the BM's dresses. Yay for your DF getting the job with you. So how do you like sailing? My mom is hte DofMarketing for Royal so she goes on all of their member cruises and is always complaining, that everyone has to work way too much.

Tabetha
06-22-2008, 12:07 AM
I shall do my best! I get off the ship at 8:45am, and I'll be on my way! I'll document as best I can...

I like the job a lot, most people do work a LOT. We're lucky, our contract leaves most of our time as free/spare time. We just do our shows, and then the rest of the time we have full passenger access. We're lazy.

Tabetha
07-04-2008, 11:20 AM
We're home from the PS, and it went GREAT. Long, but great. We're really happy with our choices. Having put together a document with 'visual sources' really helped, and now I'm convinced that all the elements will work together beautifully. But we're remaining mentally flexible because we're pretty much positive we blew past our budget.

The tasting was INSANE, absolutely fantastic. We're super excited about our menu, which we fully customized.

And... my gown fit! So far all we need to do is trim the netting overlay. I think I'll buy a different pair of shoes, though. The sparkly shoes catch on the netting - and that's no good!

I'll post in more detail later, but I'm stage managing a friend's Fringe Festival show, and I need to add notations to my script so I don't mess up tonight!

pink_tink8i8
07-04-2008, 02:23 PM
I can't to hear all about your PS!!!! :yay:

Keira1387
07-04-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing about your PS!!!

Tabetha
09-02-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm a bad, bad DisBride.

I don't have a lot of photos to show you from the planning session - I seem to have misplaced the USB cord that lets my computer and my camera talk to each other. Lame.

Anyway, we're under a month to the wedding, and as of Friday we'll have everything paid up. Surprisingly, we did not blow past our budget. We came in UNDER. Ok, only by about $100, but that's something! I'm pretending that the items that I bought outside of the Disney BEO don't count. Denial is a good friend of mine.

We're feeding our guests some items from Jiko, as interpreted by the Grand Floridian chefs. Namely, our pre-reception we are having the "Taste of Africa" dips and breads, our soup course is the Smokey Portobello Soup from Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge, we're having a medley of greens, herbs and flower petals with rosewater vingarette and our entree will be a duo plate of Beef Filet with Red Wine Demi, Lobster Tail with Artichoke Cream sauce over White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese (as served in Jiko) with carrots and Asparagus. For our vegetarians, we'll have the Grains, Peas and Vegetables (with Tandoori Tofu steak) from Jiko.

Now, if you put "Please advise of any special food requirements" on your invitations, be ready for them to come flooding in AFTER you give your final count to your planner. I have, no word of a lie, 12 special menu plates. That's out of 27 guests. It was really mind boggling. So that costs a little bit more.

Our cake will serve something like 60 people - it's a custom cake based on our invitations, and based on the shape I suggested, that's the smallest they could make it. I bought some cake boxes so that people can take slices of cake away with them. I refuse to waste that cake. Too yummy.

Our dessert party is a bit different - we're doing a wine and cheese party (with some fruit skewers for our lactose intolerant friends). We haven't abandoned the sweets, though. We'll have chocolate shots for that!

And after the dessert party, we're having the bus drop off any interested parties at Raglan Road to carry on the fun to the wee hours before it returns the fuddy-duddies back to their resorts.

I'm also having a tea with the ladies the day before the wedding - I've booked a table for 15, so I'm hoping the gals start RSVP-ing for that, as well as the golf game for the guys...

Oh boy... what else? I ordered our custom m&m's for our favours tonight. Lots of candy coming our way.

And I made up some pamphlets for people to keep with them at Disney World with the days and times of all of our meet-ups and the bus schedule for the Wine and Cheese Party.

Busy, busy!

lurkyloo
09-02-2008, 01:39 AM
Wow - that's one heckuva update! I can't wait to see pictures of all the fabulous-sounding food, and especially that cake!

So, I have to thank you for posting tonight and bumping your thread up to the top (...although it ended up costing me some dough... :rolleyes1) I was reading back over your early posts and decided to investigate Trashy Diva on your recommendation, and... I found the most gorgeous dress I've ever seen (http://www.trashydiva.com/trashydiva/ABBIEDRESS1.JPG) and promptly bought it for our photo shoot with the Roots! :cutie: (Let's just hope it looks as good on me as it does on the dummy :rotfl: )

You have great taste! :thumbsup2

Tabetha
09-02-2008, 02:25 AM
I've seen that dress in person, and it's gorgeous. Nice choice! The photos don't do it justice. I'd own it myself by now, but they don't seem to have it in my size online.
I ordered this (http://www.trashydiva.com/site/indexNOW.html) to wear to the tea party - in teal. I mean really? $34, and you think I'm NOT going to buy it? As if!

I just hope it really does ship around 09/15, cause it'll need to be in Florida by 09/26 in order for my family to bring it up to Orlando for me!

And... thanks - you have impeccable taste, yourself!

lpizzuro123
09-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Wow - so exciting to read all your updates. I remember this thread from a while back and I just love the whole story. Your menu sounds wonderful. We are doing a brunch at ADH but I love the way you picked different foods from different Disney restaurants. We had wanted to do that but ended up liking the brunch - and we are just making one or two changes. Can't wait to read more and see some pictures.

I agree with Lurkyloo that that website is amazing. I just love the dresses there and lurkyloo that dress you ordered is great.

Linda

Tabetha
09-02-2008, 07:12 PM
In case anyone is wondering, it'll run you $200 to cover the mirror/mural of the birds from hell in the Whitehall room.
No offense if you're a fan of the thing, but it creeps me the heck out. We're paying the $200. Laura sent me a photo of how it turns out, and it's a massive improvement in my books.

Tabetha
09-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Oh! How could I forget? My sister made my veil, it's a super cute birdcage veil with seed pearls across the top and spaced out along the bottom. Hard to describe, but she did a great job.

Man, I gotta find that darn cord so I can show pics!!

Tabetha
09-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Greg and I had our first dance lesson tonight. We have a friend who teaches ballroom, and so she's giving us half price private lessons (and her wonderful husband is helping).
Its really fun so far. We're going to do a rhumba, due to a limited amount of space. So now we have to pick a song that works as a rhumba!

DisneyFairy19
09-04-2008, 01:43 PM
your almost there... How are you feeling????

Tabetha
09-05-2008, 05:51 PM
your almost there... How are you feeling????

Mostly great. Occasionally I get a little overwhelmed with stuff that needs doing, but I think we're on the right track.

Our wedding rings are done, so we'll pick those up next week. The M&M's have been delivered to my mom's place. I've got a hair appointment and a facial booked in the next couple of weeks, and best of all....

The wedding is PAID FOR!! We made our final payment today! And we really did manage to bring it in under budget. Yay for us.

Tabetha
09-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Three weeks from right now, we will be married!! Holy MOLY!

I just found out that the dress that I ordered from Trashy Diva will probably be shipped this week, so I will have my tea dress all set...

Folks aren't really doing so great at RSVPing for tea and golf, so I think I'll have to do a final round of reminders this weekend to make sure we don't miss anyone who wanted to come, but forgot. We're finding that if the dude of the couple doesn't golf, the gal of the couple is less likely to come to tea.

Hey, as long as Greg gets to play golf, I'm happy.

We're still looking for a cake topper. We haven't found anything we like, really. May just leave it empty...

lurkyloo
09-09-2008, 12:49 PM
So... have you found the camera cord yet....? :rolleyes1

I wanna see all this stuff - esp. the veil! Also, who says you have to have a cake topper? :cutie:

Tabetha
09-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Ok Carrie, that tears it. I'm going to buy a new camera... I still can't find the cord, and I wanted a new camera with a view screen you can actually SEE (my viewscreen is impossibly small) I want a camera for my shower this weekend...

I need to pick up some crafty supplies anyway, so I'll hop on the ol' Vespa and see what the Dufferin Mall has to offer.

EDIT: Ok, I'll scoot over AFTER the rain. I hate riding in the rain...

DisneyMissy318
09-09-2008, 04:04 PM
I was all set to offer to send you a USB cord so we can see pics!! I'm so glad you have picked up your PJ!! WOW - Three weeks! Very exciting!

As far as a cake topper - maybe you could do the initials - maybe in a font that is reminiscent of the 20's/30's to go along with your semi-theme?

http://www.weddingaccents.com/accessories/lr-mg900-wedding-monogram-caketops.htm

I LOVE the cake - hopefully Disney can do your inspiration picture proud!

Tabetha
09-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I was all set to offer to send you a USB cord so we can see pics!! I'm so glad you have picked up your PJ!! WOW - Three weeks! Very exciting!

As far as a cake topper - maybe you could do the initials - maybe in a font that is reminiscent of the 20's/30's to go along with your semi-theme?

http://www.weddingaccents.com/accessories/lr-mg900-wedding-monogram-caketops.htm

I LOVE the cake - hopefully Disney can do your inspiration picture proud!

LOL - I would have appreciated the USB cord! But, the good news is I just bought a keen new camera, so I'll be taking photos tonight and tomorrow of what I have. Photos galore!

Since I'm keeping my name, we'll have to do a T&G type monogrammed topper if we go that route. I found this font that I thought was pretty close, but I'm still having a hard time justifying $60 on something we'll never use again. (Where was that logic when I gave the thumbs up to a $1000 cake?)

Anyway, here's the font we're considering...

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/partyblock_2011_2075099

I'm also juggling ADRs like mad, booking meals for a family dinner, get together type meals, and just plain times and places to eat cause we'll be hungry. So much co-ordination!

Tabetha
09-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Since the last update we've made a big addition to the day. We've hired a videographer! We weren't going to do it, but I felt like I would regret that later. So I looked and looked for someone cool, with an eye and an editing style that suited our personalities. And I came up with Kat Small at Cinema Chic Productions out in Titusville. She's been so great, even with us coming to her at the last minute. http://www.cinemachicfilms.com/
The Trailer on her blog (http://cinemachic.blogspot.com/) is what really sold me. I LOVE her work...

Tabetha
09-12-2008, 05:46 PM
And PHOTOS!!

I can't figure out how to link to shutterfly photos, so here's the album.
http://tabgregswedding.shutterfly.com/27

You'll see photos of the veil, invitations, shoes and more!!

lurkyloo
09-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Hooray for photos!!! Everything is so pretty - love the veil (especially the pearl edging) and shoes....

Shutterfly may not give you the code you need for message boards.. :confused3 I use Photobucket because when you upload a pic they have the code right there and you just copy and paste it....

Wazzo
09-12-2008, 08:38 PM
And PHOTOS!!

I can't figure out how to link to shutterfly photos, so here's the album.
http://tabgregswedding.shutterfly.com/27

You'll see photos of the veil, invitations, shoes and more!!

I love your newsletter!! :goodvibes May I ask what program you used to make them?

Tabetha
09-13-2008, 07:45 PM
I love your newsletter!! :goodvibes May I ask what program you used to make them?

Thanks! It's actually just a template from Word - Office for Mac:2008's version. They've got some pretty snazzy templates!

Tabetha
09-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Hooray for photos!!! Everything is so pretty - love the veil (especially the pearl edging) and shoes....

Shutterfly may not give you the code you need for message boards.. :confused3 I use Photobucket because when you upload a pic they have the code right there and you just copy and paste it....

Oh boy. I think I had a photobucket account, once upon a time. Maybe I should go back to that...

Thanks, by the way. My sister did a great job on the veil, best $3 I spent!!

keenercam
09-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Wow!! Tab -- everything is fabulous!! LOVE the invites, the table name cards, the veil! The newsletter is just perfect! :cloud9: I love that you did it in such a way that people can carry it with them and have the vital information at hand. What a great idea. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to see more!

Tabetha
09-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Wow!! Tab -- everything is fabulous!! LOVE the invites, the table name cards, the veil! The newsletter is just perfect! :cloud9: I love that you did it in such a way that people can carry it with them and have the vital information at hand. What a great idea. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to see more!

Aw shucks, thanks! I've got such great friends, people have been thanking me for sending the newsletters and organizing things (one of them even decided to come down early to get in on as much of the fun as possible!) - I'm so lucky to have people who appreciate the effort!

Those invites are great, aren't they? Wait till you see the cake!

Tabetha
09-16-2008, 02:45 AM
Yay - shower photos!!

http://tabgregswedding.shutterfly.com/

Tabetha
09-18-2008, 01:12 AM
In one week from right now I'll be trying to make myself fall asleep because we'll be on a plane in the morning!

So wild!!

My sister and I started working on the escort cards for the reception and the stickers for our favour boxes. The stickers are tricky, since the stupid favour makers don't use any kind of standard sticker. So we're futzing with cells and rows by the millimeter to try and get everything to line up. I wonder if I shouldn't just go and buy some standard seals somewhere...

Yargh.

Greg and I have been working hard with a friend of ours who teaches ballroom dance, and we've got a snazzy little number worked out for our first dance. We're dancing a rhumba to "Sway", by Dean Martin. There's a lift involved! So in honour of that, I've purchased a pair of ballroom shoes with a low heel (which may well end up being my shoes for the day if they're as comfortable as I'm expecting...)

http://www.ballroomdancingshoe.com/store/product.php?productid=23627&cat=280&page=1

Sparkly!

And for those of you counting at home, yes, that is my third pair of shoes purchased for this wedding. I have become "that" person. Sigh.

lurkyloo
09-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Great shower pictures - I love Greg's hat. I hope he remembers to wear it to the wedding! :cutie:

Greg and I have been working hard with a friend of ours who teaches ballroom dance, and we've got a snazzy little number worked out for our first dance. We're dancing a rhumba to "Sway", by Dean Martin. There's a lift involved!

I am very jealous of your lift. I think if DH tried to lift me, he'd end up in traction. :rotfl: Are you getting a wedding video? Will we be able to see your dance?

And for those of you counting at home, yes, that is my third pair of shoes purchased for this wedding. I have become "that" person. Sigh.

Pshhh! That's nothing - you should see the 16 pairs of shoes I ordered for an 8-day trip to WDW! :lmao: None are as cute as yours though....

Tabetha
09-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Great shower pictures - I love Greg's hat. I hope he remembers to wear it to the wedding! :cutie:

I am very jealous of your lift. I think if DH tried to lift me, he'd end up in traction. :rotfl: Are you getting a wedding video? Will we be able to see your dance?

Pshhh! That's nothing - you should see the 16 pairs of shoes I ordered for an 8-day trip to WDW! :lmao: None are as cute as yours though....

I'm amazed that Greg can stay on his feet when I jump up into his arms, frankly. I'm tall and NOT light. But he's been working construction and is even taller, so I guess that counts for something! I hope it looks as cool as I imagine.

I don't think the dance shoes will make it to my mom in time, so we'll have to figure out a plan B... and I probably should get my hands on some shoes to wear to tea. So much BUYING.

Tabetha
09-22-2008, 03:33 PM
We leave on Thursday, and there's still lots to do! I think it's manageable, though. Thank goodness. Today I made a bunch of round stickers using our peacock image, which we'll use on our m&m favour boxes. I'll take pics in Florida, when they're assembled!

Yesterday we ran around a bit (had to actually drive out to the suburbs to get to a Michaels for a round 1.5 inch hole punch!) and took care of some things. I spent the evening writing and printing our programs and we reviewed our ceremony sent by Rev. Miller. Just a couple of small changes, but it's very nice.

Today we had to talk to a Catholic priest. We were hoping to have our marriage blessed when we get home, out of respect for Greg's Catholic family. Apparently it's not as easy as all that. Who knew there was so much paperwork involved in faith? I guess there's red tape everywhere. The priest is going to apply for a special canonical dispensation to recognize our marriage as performed by Rev. Miller. We'll see what happens. At least we tried.

Greg's bachelor party is tonight - he has no idea. His "best man" is his sister, and as far as he knows they're just going out to dinner, just the two of them. Well, she's arranged for her and his guy friends to go to a restaurant that features belly-dancing! How cute is that?

My bachelorette party was Friday night - and it was a surprise as well. I had planned to meet my sister for drinks after work, and she kidnapped me! We went to another bar and met with some friends where we drank and talked the night away - it was so fun. And so me... we talked relationships, politics, cancer... you name it! What a perfect night .... working out with my trainer the next day was a challenge!

Sorry for the lack of photos - time's running out!

Tabetha
09-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Not much to say, just

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!

We leave on Thursday (day after tomorrow), so I've got lots of laundry and packing to do. I feel this eerie calm. Like everything's taken care of. It is, mostly. A few decisions need to be made, still... like we still don't know who is going to escort my mom down the aisle.

But.

I'm happy. I think everything's coming together wonderfully. I can't wait.

thatdisneygirl
09-23-2008, 09:32 AM
wow, only a week left! It's good that you're so calm (eye of the storm, perhaps?) and hopefully you can keep that up until the big day. Just think, this time next week you'll be in the dress and everything! :bride:

figmentfan814
09-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Wow, it's hard to believe you're so close :bride: I just went back through and looked at some of your older pictures and your invitations are gorgeous! It looks like your newsletters turned out great too and I love the stamps with your dog on them :dog:

It looks like in your shower pictures that you had a great time and it sounds like the bachelor and bachelorette parties were a hit too.

Kris and I took dance lessons too and our debut was a big hit with the guests!

Looking forward to seeing everything coming together for you. The favor stickers sound so cute!

Tabetha
09-24-2008, 12:32 PM
wow, only a week left! It's good that you're so calm (eye of the storm, perhaps?) and hopefully you can keep that up until the big day. Just think, this time next week you'll be in the dress and everything! :bride:

There's for sure an element of "eye of the storm". Right now I'm looking straight up at the sun and pretending not to see the clouds of "to-do". One thing at a time...

Tabetha
09-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Wow, it's hard to believe you're so close :bride: I just went back through and looked at some of your older pictures and your invitations are gorgeous! It looks like your newsletters turned out great too and I love the stamps with your dog on them :dog:

It looks like in your shower pictures that you had a great time and it sounds like the bachelor and bachelorette parties were a hit too.

Kris and I took dance lessons too and our debut was a big hit with the guests!

Looking forward to seeing everything coming together for you. The favor stickers sound so cute!

Thanks! I really do love the invites - we've used them to inspire the cake. Photos to come next week!

And I loved the stamps with Scooter on them. He's such a character, the photo is so his personality.

I can't wait to do the dance in front of everyone. I'll be nervous, but we'll have fun with it - we've been laughing the whole way through the learning process, so I think no matter what it'll be fun to watch at least.

I've been following your TR, and your day was incredible - I hope ours turns out half as great.

Tabetha
09-24-2008, 12:37 PM
So, today's our last day before we go to Florida. We're still running errands. We're washing the sheets and duvet we were given for a shower gift so we can make the bed up before we leave - we're going to come home to a whole new bed!

We are also running up to get my ring polished, and dropping Scooter off at the kennel on the way. Poor BingBong. He likes getting there, but he loves coming home even more.

I have to pack. I really, really have to pack. sigh... one thing at a time.

Tabetha
09-29-2008, 06:24 PM
We're here. The wedding is tomorrow, and we're having a great time! My friends are loving Disney, which is exciting... We've been having so much fun, I almost forgot about all the wedding stuff I still had to do - like making the favours and folding programs - mom to the rescue!!

Family's getting along well, so that's wonderful. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to walk down the aisle without bawling.

Can't wait!

padisneyfour
09-29-2008, 06:27 PM
wishing you an amazing day tomorrow and enjoy all the magic!! best wishes...:goodvibes

keenercam
09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
It is so great to hear from you, Tab, and I'm so glad you are having fun. I hope everything goes perfectly for you tomorrow! pixiedust:

mindy5648
09-30-2008, 08:22 AM
HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!!!:cool1:

29apr00
09-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Happy Wedding Day!! Just read thru your whole pj! I used to work on a ship too!! 2 years! I couldn't imagine planning a wedding while doing it! OMG you're amazing! Congrats on getting Greg on the same contract with you too!! That's even better!

WVTinkGrl
09-30-2008, 09:14 AM
You're Getting Married Today!!! :cheer2:

DisneyFairy19
09-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Have A Beautiful Wedding Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

figmentfan814
09-30-2008, 11:38 AM
:bride: Happy Wedding Day! :groom:

lurkyloo
10-01-2008, 12:00 AM
OK, it's still technically your wedding day on the West Coast, so.... HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!! :goodvibes

DisneyBrideToni
10-01-2008, 10:01 AM
CONGRATS ON YOUR WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the TR! :banana:

Keira1387
10-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Hope you had an amazing wedding! Can't wait to hear about it!!!

Tabetha
10-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Thank you so much, ladies! Our day was as perfect as can be. We went from an 80% chance of rain in the morning, threatening to move our "Dessert Party" inside, to only a 30% - and eventually NO rain to disturb our outdoor event!

Disney and Michelle exceeded our expectations in every possible way, and we couldn't have asked for a better day.

I'll post reviews and photos when I get home - but I wanted to say thank you for all your good vibes!

figmentfan814
10-06-2008, 10:44 PM
:cool1: :dance3: That's great news about no rain!

Congratulations again on your wedding, looking forward to reading all about it when you're back :bride:

Tabetha
10-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Well, since it's our three week anniversary, I thought I'd drop some science on y'all. Here's some photos - they're from my mom's camera, she was snap, snap, snapping away all day. We're getting our shots from Randy in a few days (being mailed tomorrow), so there will be more to come...

I'll do a proper report with reviews soon, too.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x65/merlerp/DSC00973.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x65/merlerp/DSC00995.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x65/merlerp/DSC01044.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x65/merlerp/DSC01016.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x65/merlerp/DSC00999.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x65/merlerp/DSC01059.jpg

It's our bus!
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x65/merlerp/DSC01073.jpg

The very popular Chocolate Shots.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x65/merlerp/DSC01077.jpg

figmentfan814
10-21-2008, 04:13 PM
I can't wait to see more! You look so glamorous on your wedding day and you can tell by the expression on your face that you were on :cloud9: I absolutely love the colors on your cake it turned out amazing!

Looking forward ot seeing Randy's shots :cool1:

Tabetha
10-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks, Vanessa. It really was the most perfect day. I was so happy and so calm all day.

The cake put me over the moon, the pastry chef went above and beyond, and was very creative with the invitation motif to come up with what they did. Small details all around, which will probably come out better in Randy's shots. I was especially surprised by the beautiful cake base they used - the silver thing. I just expected it to be on a flat round board covered with foil paper or something.

And it was so delicious!

lurkyloo
10-21-2008, 11:03 PM
GORGEOUS! I love your dress! Oh my gosh - I can't wait to see more more MORE! :rotfl:

c1nd3r311a52010
10-22-2008, 12:00 AM
You looked awesome love that sort of vintage vibe you had going on.

Tabetha
11-04-2008, 12:09 PM
A lot going on so still no full report, but our photos are up on Randy's site if you'd like to have a boo....
We're "Tabitha & Greg"

Tabetha
02-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Our wedding video highlights are available here: http://cinemachic.blogspot.com/

Kat was amazing to work with - we give her an A+!

Starr W.
02-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Our wedding video highlights are available here: http://cinemachic.blogspot.com/

Kat was amazing to work with - we give her an A+!

Yay, we got to see the dance, I know you two were practicing like mad before hand.

Loved your dress, it looked so much better on you than the picture of the model wearing it.

Tabetha
02-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks Starr - I was really worried that the dance would look all dorky. I won't be fully convinced otherwise until we see the whole thing!

And thanks for the compliment about the dress - it was a big relief that it fit when I put it on! I had the bottom of the netting trimmed at Carolyn Allen's, but other than that, there were no alterations!