PDA

View Full Version : We're booked on the Wonder for Feb how to add land days?

PrincessEmilysMommy
12-02-2007, 12:49 PM
We're booked for a 4 night cruise on the wonder. I want to add a few days at a Disney resort either before or after our cruise. What do you recommend? And what is the best way to add this and get a good rate?

TIA

safetymom
12-02-2007, 02:54 PM
I would just book your land package separately. Then keep an eye out for codes that could drop the price. I would do WDW first then cruise but others will say do it the other way.

kcashner
12-02-2007, 04:51 PM
I would do the parks first. I find that DD gets really spoiled on the cruise (free Mickey bars whenever she wants them, towels picked up almost before they hit the floor) and it is easier to transition back to home/school/chores if we do parks first.

Since you are going "off season", I'd book separately. You may be able to get some great discounts on the resort rate. Basically, the ways to save money on the land package are by choosing a lower category of resort than is tied to your cabin (if you are in a 6, do you want a deluxe resort or will you be just as happy in a moderate?). You might also choose a lesser ticket than is included with the cruise (do you want water parks in Feb? do you want park hopping?) You very well might....but you will save money if that is not your first choice.

You can even choose a value resort (like the All Star). The DCL bus doesn't pick up there, but the bellman will arrange to transport you to the nearest resort with DCL bus service if you plan to use the Disney transportation system.

Billinaz
12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Another vote for booking it yourself.

Do it before the cruise!... We have done it both ways and found it was much more relaxing when we cruised after WDW...

PrincessEmilysMommy
12-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks everyone.

So where can I find discount codes?

mmouse37
12-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks everyone.

So where can I find discount codes?

go to the site.... www.mousesavers.com

Then look for the WDW section with resort codes....it will tell you if any are available for the time you want to go....if not then they also list several ways of booking rooms.

safetymom
12-03-2007, 11:28 AM
No need to go to Mousesavers. You can get the information on the resorts board on the sub board codes and rates. wdwinfo.com also posts the discounts when they are known.