PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast ideas please...low in carbs.

faith
02-24-2002, 05:54 PM
I find myself eating too many carbs! Any ideas for something quick and healthy?
For you WW's what do they recommend for their breakfast program? Thanks for any help.:)

wovenwonder
02-25-2002, 09:37 AM
Egg white omelet with lots of veggies

oatmeal -- without added sugar! Add a little cinnamon and some sweet and low. It is high in carbs -- but the good kind of carbs.

You might want to try to eat different types of foods for breakfast also. Who says that you can't have a grilled chicken breast, some veggie stirfry, or some veggie soup for breakfast.

I am trying to eat the oatmeal every morning.
:)

Mom-to-3
02-25-2002, 12:25 PM
I basically have 2 breakfasts. I eat Kashi Go Lean Crunch. I also take the carton of Egg Beaters that is equivalent to 2 eggs and make scrambled eggs with a piece of fat free american cheese torn up and melted in.

I try to have protein with every meal. Before I was at WW, my favorite breakfast was a giant toasted sesame seed bagel with plain or strawberry cream cheese!

Mrs. Potato Head
02-25-2002, 08:41 PM
Watch your carb count on anything that is fat free. While cheese has no carbs, most all foods that are fat free, do have a higher carb. count. I am not sure about cheese, but in dressings, mayo, etc. sugar is added and that adds carbs. The low carb diet I am on, does not allow anything fat free, or low fat. Everything must be the regular version.

aprincessmom
02-26-2002, 09:44 AM
I'm not good at low carb anything because I love my fruit, veggies, and breads more than protein. That's why WW is a good plan for me because I can mix and match according to my taste that day. I try to vary my breakfasts, using different cereals and fruits or eggs and boca sausage (soy) to pb&j on toast. I tend to stick to the less sugary cereals like shredded wheat, regular cheerios or wheaties. Really plain then I add my own fixings like asssorted fruits or I use yogurt instead of milk (it's one of the few ways I can eat yogurt -- I am not a yogurt eater).

Some mornings I have a nice ham and cheese melt on a piece of toast, a small pita or an english muffin (1/2 the muffin). It's tasty and easy to make. If you want to eliminate the bread all together how about a meat rollup. Scramble an egg, then take a slice of ham or turkey (or any other meat), line it with a slice of swiss or cheddar cheese and place the scrambled egg on top of that. Roll it up and slice to eat. That could be a tasty breakfast treat.

And I second wonderwoven's comment -- who says you have to have "breakfast" for breakfast? Eat what tastes best to you regardless of time of day. I have had soup for breakfast (I'm not a tea or coffee drinker) on a cold day and it's hit the spot!

Lavne
02-27-2002, 09:18 AM
I try to keep some hard-boiled eggs on hand for breakfasts. If I have time, I will make a "breakfast" devilled egg by mixing some bacon bits in with the yolk. If I'm running really late, I just eat the egg as is!

I also find cheese sticks handy to grab for breakfast. I like the individually wrapped cheddar or cheddar/jack ones. And if I have some lunch meat on hand, I will make roll-ups by wrapping a piece of lunch meat around the cheese.

:cool:

Mrs. Potato Head
02-27-2002, 02:41 PM
This afternoon I made a batch of crustless quiches in mini muffin tins. I added heavy whipping cream (zero carbs), cheddar cheese and broccoli. Spray the tins with Pam, fill 3/4 of the way and bake at 350 for around 15-20 minutes. I freeze them, and then pop in the microwave for a quick breakfast (or snack). Sometimes I will make them with turkey, turkey ham, turkey bacon, spinach, etc. Be creative!:)