PDA

View Full Version : August 1 Knights & Lights

jlou
11-07-2007, 06:28 AM
Anyone else going? I'm interested to hear who has kids and what ages. We have a DS who will be 12 and a DD who will be 9.
Thanks!

haddenuff
11-07-2007, 09:40 AM
We are going on the August 1 Knights and Lights. DS will be 17 and DD will be 14. Know of another family that has 2 sons 12 & 14.
Can't wait! We did Viva Italia last summer and all had a blast!

jlou
11-10-2007, 09:08 PM
We can't wait either! See you then!

jlou
03-05-2008, 08:12 AM
I just found out that there will be 10 children on this adventure. I'm not exactly sure what counts as a "child" maybe 17 and under?

Any little girls? Our daughter plays well with both girls and boys, but I'm sure she'd feel better seeing another girl around her age there.

WVMD
04-24-2008, 11:25 AM
I searched for a thread - and didn't find one - so I started a new one.... We booked this when it became available last year. It will be me (Virgil 48) and Lauren (13) on this tour. We fly in on the day of the tour start and fly out on the 8th. It is my daughter's first trip to London and Paris. I have an older son who is stationed in England with the US Air Force so I've been there many times. We are flying out of Philadelphia on US Airways. We did a Disney Med cruise last year and since my wife is doing a 15 day Disney cruise this year my daughter and I decided to do this. It's not much of a payback though as she is not interested in visiting London or Paris...... Oh well... Can't wait to meet everybody!

Virgil
pirate:

jlou
04-24-2008, 11:36 AM
hi Virgil,

not a problem at all about the thread. I hope I didn't offend you by posting the link, just thought you'd want to see the other info about who's going.

This will be my second visit to London, first for the rest of the family. I've never been to Paris, so really looking forward to it. Are you in Pennsylvania? We're in NW PA, flying out of Buffalo on United.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

WVMD
04-24-2008, 12:02 PM
hi Virgil,

not a problem at all about the thread. I hope I didn't offend you by posting the link, just thought you'd want to see the other info about who's going.

This will be my second visit to London, first for the rest of the family. I've never been to Paris, so really looking forward to it. Are you in Pennsylvania? We're in NW PA, flying out of Buffalo on United.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Not offended at all... I'm glad more DISers are going.... We actually live in Northern WV so we'll be flying out of Pittsburgh connecting in Philly. We have a Disney Cruise on the Mexican Riviera on June 8th and it's been keeping me busy. I actually didn't even think of looking here until today..... I hope that the dollar recovers a little before we get there.... It was bad enough the exchange rates in Europe last summer.

Virgil
pirate:

jcb
04-28-2008, 07:54 AM
My family is considering this tour (or its replacement) for 2009. I would appreciate any insights, helpful hints, observations or just plain talk about it from those who are doing it. I hope (sincerely) you all have a great time.

KLondon
04-28-2008, 08:01 AM
My family is considering this tour (or its replacement) for 2009. I would appreciate any insights, helpful hints, observations or just plain talk about it from those who are doing it. I hope (sincerely) you all have a great time.

Here are a few trip reports you can check out:

MJGirl's most excellent report: http://mjgirl-europealadisney.blogspot.com/

My own bloated verbosity: http://theater-of-cruelty.blogspot.com/search/label/Europe

jcb
04-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks. This is exactly what I was wanting. I will look forward to read them.

tx2step
05-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Just joined this forum. My daughter (15) and I are going on the Aug. 1st Cities of Knights and Lights. We decided to have a mother/daughter memorable trip together. I have read some of the trips reports and we are so excited about all the things that we will be doing!

WVMD
05-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Just joined this forum. My daughter (15) and I are going on the Aug. 1st Cities of Knights and Lights. We decided to have a mother/daughter memorable trip together. I have read some of the trips reports and we are so excited about all the things that we will be doing!

Welcome! We're doing a father/daughter trip and can't wait! My daughter will 13 on the trip.

Virgil
pirate:

jlou
05-06-2008, 06:39 AM
hi tex2step,

Welcome! What a nice thing to do -- just you and your daughter (and you too Virgil!)

I can't wait to meet everyone. Looks like we have quite a few people on the tour here. When I made my final payment, I inquired about the makeup of the tour. She said that it was close to full or full. I can't exactly remember. But she explained that that did not necessarily mean that it was 40 people, as sometimes the number of rooms is taken before the 40 count is hit. Also, she told me that the group consists of about 35% junior adventurers. Should be a great time!

WVMD
05-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Talkative bunch......

I wonder when we'll be getting our ABD package? End of June??

Virgil
pirate:

jlou
05-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Talkative bunch......

I wonder when we'll be getting our ABD package? End of June??

Virgil
pirate:

No fair! I hungrily read this board almost every day, but there is usually no talk in our thread. So I think, Oh Good, Virgil has made a post!

It's kind of funny. I'm already feeling like it's going to be over soon! I've been planning this trip since last September, have spent so much time thinking about it, when I should have been doing other things (like studying for my exams, which I'm done with now), and now that my life has kind of settled down, I haven't done anything! I thought I'd be listening to my French CD's, etc. I've been *so* busy this past year, and the trip was the one thing that's given me something to look forward to, that now that I'm not busy, I think I'm just happy being able to go for a walk or read a book without feeling guilty!

Anyway, what is everyone else doing for planning this far out? I've got a Paris book which I need to read, I want to get my kids some reading materials that will give them a bit of background for the places we'll be seeing (anyone know of anything re the French revolution for a 12 year old?). I've started thinking about clothes to bring, and am sure I'll end up overpacking. Everyone says not to overpack, but since Disney is handling baggage, what's the harm? My problem is shoes. I like to have lots of options.

Regarding your question about "The Package", I am not going to start looking for it until about 1 month prior, so I think end of June too.

Hope all is well with everyone else.

WVMD
05-30-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm making my daughter read "A tale of two cities"....LOL... She's used to it... We did get a French CD to do but the cruise has us quite busy... I've gotten a couple of "Top 10" books for Paris and London.

I talked to my son Jason (he's stationed in England with the US Air Force) and he's going to join us on the day we have the free afternoon....

Virgil
pirate:

tx2step
05-30-2008, 05:05 PM
hey, sorry I haven't gotten back on this thread in a while. Regarding preparation for the trip, I have gotten a travel book on London and Paris. My daughter has been so busy with school/finals that we have not really spent much time on this yet. However, that said, we did watch the movie Marie Antoinnette so that she could see some of Versailles. As most teenage girls, she wants to spend our free time SHOPPING! (ugh) With the euro as it is, not sure how enjoyable that is going to be for her as she sees how quickly she will run out of the money she has saved for this. I was thinking about spending some time around Covent Gardens in London for our free time. I have no idea what we will do in Paris for our free time. Got to research that some more. What are others planning for their free time?

WVMD
06-01-2008, 07:03 AM
At least the Euro isn't as bad as the Pound.... Lauren wants to go to Harrods during our free time....LOL... wait until she sees the prices.... We'll probably meet up with my son - do the London Eye and then head to Harrods for shopping.

I read somewhere to ask the Hilton concierge in Paris for shopping coupons/tips - so we'll do that too...

I was thinking of trying to make dinner reservations for our free night in Paris - just not sure whether to try to eat at the Eiffel Tower again - or someplace with a great night view..... decisions.... decisions....

Virgil
pirate:

tx2step
06-01-2008, 05:12 PM
I thought that I read on someone's trip report that we have high tea at Harrods so I figured we would see Harrod's then. I was also thinking about taking my daughter, Amy, to Oxford street.

We get in to London at around 9:00 a.m. on Friday so I was thinking we would do the london eye on Friday, depending on how much energy we have after the long flight.

In Paris, Amy wants a Longchamps bag so we will go get that during our free time and just walk around looking at different shops. She will not want to do any more of the museums at that point. Maybe a boat trip down the Seine river in the evening or to the top of the Arc de Triomphe to get pictures of the City of lights! Still thinking about what to do there.

WVMD
06-01-2008, 07:22 PM
It sounds like your daughter and mine will get along just fine.....

Lauren is already picking out what shops she wants to go to.... I'm sure Longchamps is on the list....

Virgil
pirate:

tx2step
06-02-2008, 02:35 PM
So you have a little shopper too! They should get along fine! Can't wait to meet everyone. Let me know what shops Lauren comes up with! I'll let you know what else Amy decides to do! What do you know about the discount shopping card at the Hilton in Paris? Is that the VAT?

Thanks,

Cindy

WVMD
06-03-2008, 07:36 AM
So you have a little shopper too! They should get along fine! Can't wait to meet everyone. Let me know what shops Lauren comes up with! I'll let you know what else Amy decides to do! What do you know about the discount shopping card at the Hilton in Paris? Is that the VAT?

Thanks,

Cindy

I'm sure that they will..... LOL... Lauren is definitely the shopper - fashion maven....;)

I read on another report about someone staying at the Hilton - and they said to make sure you ask concierge for a discount shopping card...

I'll see if I can find the site again - wasn't on the DIS...

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
06-20-2008, 06:52 PM
We received our package from ABD today! Starting to get close!

Virgil
pirate:

MJGirl
06-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I have no idea what we will do in Paris for our free time. Got to research that some more. What are others planning for their free time?

I went on this tour last year with my 16 year old, and we went to see Moulin Rouge for our free time in Paris. Our guides arranged the tickets through the concierge at the hotel. It was great!

WVMD
06-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Here's a link about a similar trip:

http://www.lasplash.com/publish/International_151/London_and_Paris_With_Kids.php

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
06-30-2008, 09:32 AM
It is 31 days, 3 hours, 27 minutes and 41 seconds until Lauren and I start our journey to London!!!!

Virgil
pirate:

tx2step
06-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Hey Virgil,

Thanks for the website link for more ideas. Still not sure what we will do in Paris for our free time, maybe we will ask our guides when we get there. Amy has been away at camp all of June so we have not really gotten a chance to sit down and get serious about planning our free time there.

We got all our things from ABD several weeks ago, I am getting really excited. We leave Houston, TX in the late afternoon on 7/31 and arrive at Gatwick at 7:30 a.m. 8/1. Looks like we have the whole day free! When do you an Lauren arrive in London?

WVMD
06-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Hey Virgil,

Thanks for the website link for more ideas. Still not sure what we will do in Paris for our free time, maybe we will ask our guides when we get there. Amy has been away at camp all of June so we have not really gotten a chance to sit down and get serious about planning our free time there.

We got all our things from ABD several weeks ago, I am getting really excited. We leave Houston, TX in the late afternoon on 7/31 and arrive at Gatwick at 7:30 a.m. 8/1. Looks like we have the whole day free! When do you an Lauren arrive in London?

We leave Pittsburgh in the afternoon on the 31st - but the flight from Philly isn't until late that night - so we arrive 1105 on the 1st. We should be fairly well rested as Lauren and I can sleep enroute - and I was lucky enough to get us great seats for this flight.

My oldest daughter, Kristin, and her new fiance live in Clear Lake. Lauren may be visiting them soon after we return from Europe. They both work for NASA. They moved there after finishing at WVU in December - so far they like it - Kristin had been there the previous 2 summers - this is Nick's first exposure to Houston in the summer.....

Virgil
pirate:

tx2step
07-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Now that is a small world!!! Your oldest daughter living in Clear Lake! We live about 25 minutes from Clear Lake. We love to go down to that area to a little town called Kemah! Great seafood and fun atmosphere! Have you all been to Clear Lake yet to visit her? We live near the Galleria in the Memorial area. Well, we will have much to talk about.

We leave to pick up Amy from camp this weekend and I am looking forward to sitting down with her to plan our free time in Paris. We need to start looking at what we need to pack as well because we have a trip to Lake Tahoe scheduled right before this one. We will only have 2 days home before we are in route to London!

Really getting excited!!!!

Cindy

WVMD
07-03-2008, 07:53 AM
28 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-04-2008, 06:09 AM
27 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy 4th of July!!! Thanks to all those serving or who have served! Special thoughts to my son Jason - stationed with the US Air Force in England!

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-05-2008, 09:45 AM
26 days!!!!

I've really started planning what we're going to do on our free time. I bought the books "Top 10 London and Top 10 Paris". They have some really good ideas. Friends of ours who frequent Paris have started planning what shops Lauren needs to visit.

Virgil
pirate

WVMD
07-06-2008, 09:13 PM
25 days!!!

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-07-2008, 06:30 AM
24 days!!!! Where is everybody?

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-07-2008, 09:19 AM
A few of the department store sites:
London:
http://www.harrods.com/harrodsstore/
Paris:
http://www.galeries-lafayette-paris.com/store_guide.htm
http://departmentstoreparis.printemps.com/
http://www.discoverfrance.net/France/Paris/Paris_shopping.shtml

Virgil
pirate:

jlou
07-07-2008, 07:34 PM
24 days!!!! Where is everybody?

Virgil
pirate:

Hi Virgil!

Sorry, I've been obsessed with other things. I was waiting for the results of my final actuarial exam, and I passed! It's been a pretty nerve wracking past few weeks. I'm so happy that I can enjoy this trip knowing that I never have to go through that again! (Also, that I didn't ruin my chances of passing by thinking about this trip!)

Does anyone know anything about fees for using the ATM's in Europe? I went to my bank today, and was told that there would be no fees from my bank, but that the banks there may charge a fee. I'm thinking of the $1 or $2 fee you sometimes have to pay if you use an ATM that is not owned by your bank. This sounds too good to be true. Anyone with some experience on this? I have always just used the money exchanges at the airport, but they charge such high fees. I don't want to carry a lot of cash, and intend on using my credit card when I can, but want to have some cash on hand.

I can't believe we're getting so close! We've done some shopping for the trip. I'm still looking for a few things. I'll bet your daughter is excited about going. We're going to have such a great time. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

WVMD
07-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi Virgil!

Sorry, I've been obsessed with other things. I was waiting for the results of my final actuarial exam, and I passed! It's been a pretty nerve wracking past few weeks. I'm so happy that I can enjoy this trip knowing that I never have to go through that again! (Also, that I didn't ruin my chances of passing by thinking about this trip!)

Does anyone know anything about fees for using the ATM's in Europe? I went to my bank today, and was told that there would be no fees from my bank, but that the banks there may charge a fee. I'm thinking of the $1 or $2 fee you sometimes have to pay if you use an ATM that is not owned by your bank. This sounds too good to be true. Anyone with some experience on this? I have always just used the money exchanges at the airport, but they charge such high fees. I don't want to carry a lot of cash, and intend on using my credit card when I can, but want to have some cash on hand.

I can't believe we're getting so close! We've done some shopping for the trip. I'm still looking for a few things. I'll bet your daughter is excited about going. We're going to have such a great time. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Congratulations on passing!!! party::jumping1:

Here's some good information on using the ATM - the biggest issue is the currency conversion fee... Check with your bank about that...

http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/moneytip.htm

and currency conversion fees:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/20050624b1.asp

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-08-2008, 08:03 PM
23 days!!!!

Getting Lauren ready to go to camp next week...

Virgil
pirate:

tx2step
07-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Virgil,
So we are beginning to plan what clothes we are bringing for the trip. My fashion concious daughter is struggling with SHOES! I have not convinced her that comfort is key...she wants style. So what type of shoes is your daughter planning to bring? Also, she would like to take her whole closet of clothes and I am trying to convince her that she does not need to take so many clothes. I am trying to teach her the art of mixing and matching clothes that you can wear over. Anyway, let me know what your daughter is thinking about taking in the way of clothes and shoes. Due to our travel schedule the rest of this month we only have a few days to get things planned for packing because when we return from Lake Tahoe, we have 2 days before we leave for Europe! Thanks

Cindy

WVMD
07-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Cindy, HaHa - we just had this discussion last night - Lauren wanted to take 2 pairs of sneakers, 1 pair of flip flops, and 3 pair of dress shoes.... Hopefully we can knock off a pair or two of the dress shoes - I told her initially that she didn't need the dress shoes - but she said she was wanting to go out to a fancy dinner in Paris - she's looking forward to the Escargot.... Trying to get her to limit clothes is probably going to be a losing battle for me - so if it fits in her suitcase - then it will be ok.... I'm glad ABD limits us to 1 suitcase a piece......

Virgil
pirate:

tx2step
07-09-2008, 06:20 PM
So she is taking sneakers. I have been having a hard time convincing Amy to bring sneakers. So this will help our discussion. I have convinced her to bring 1 pair of nice versatile flat shoes for evening. Also, Amy is wanting to bring shorts and jeans to wear during the day and casual dresses for evening. Do you think shorts are o.k. for teenagers to wear. Everything that I have read is that people don't wear shorts in Europe. Is that true for teens? What types of clothes is Lauren bringing?

Cindy

WVMD
07-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Yes - she got a pair from Endless.com after I got an email from them. They are black and turquoise Kangaroos - she just got them and she said that they are really comfortable. She learned during our Med cruise - that comfortable shoes are a necessity...

I think that shorts are ok for the girls - I plan on wearing khakis, but it will be sort of obvious that we are tourists as we will be following Mickey ears....LOL...

I think that Lauren will bring a few casual dresses and 1 nicer dress. I wasn't going to bring a sport coat - but since she wants to go fancy in Paris - I will just in case....

22 Days!!!!!

Virgil
pirate:

haddenuff
07-10-2008, 09:55 AM
We are on the August 1 Lights and getting very excited.

I wanted to add my 2 cents to your posts.

Comfortable shoes like sneakers are a must. We did the Viva Italia last summer and walked a ton. I assume we will be walking a lot on this tour as well. Wife and daughter wore sandels some but son and I stuck to sneakers as I need the support for my old feet! I will be wearing a pair of sneakers that are the most comfortable I have ever had. Unfortunately I will be giving up "style" for comfort as they are not the most stylish.

Regarding the question on shorts... we will be wearing them most of the time. I have a friend that is in London now and the weather was high 70's and he said shorts are fine. We live in the Norhteast so any weather above 50 is shorts weather for me! Not too worried about looking like tourists since we are! A large group following someone carrying Mickey ear signs is already a dead give away!!

Good luck to you on your battles with your daughters and packing. I have given up the fight with wife and daughter. As long as it fits in one luggage and they can carry it I will leave them alone. I am more concerned with teenage son remembering to pack anything!

Look forward to meeting you all in London. We are a group of 6 (mother-in-law and brother-in-law are included) and we know 2 other families that are going that we met on last years Viva Italia tour. We are arriving a couple days early and touring parts of England and London with friends.

Hope you all have a safe trip.

tx2step
07-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks so much for your thoughts and experience in this. Shorts and sneakers it is!!! Really looking forward to the trip and meeting everyone.

WVMD
07-10-2008, 04:14 PM
21 days!!!!!

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-11-2008, 08:38 PM
20 Days until we leave.... I got my order from Magellan today - found some wine skins to put the wine I plan to buy in the luggage.... Lauren is looking forward to tasting some of the French wines...

Virgil
pirate:

redzinner
07-12-2008, 06:09 AM
20 Days until we leave.... I got my order from Magellan today - found some wine skins to put the wine I plan to buy in the luggage.... Lauren is looking forward to tasting some of the French wines...

Virgil
pirate:

Hi Virgil,

I'd be very interested in knowing how the wine skins work out. Most of the time the bottle doesn't last long enough to transport it home but I'm sure there will be some Italian reds we just don't want to pass up while on our adventure.

Salute!

WVMD
07-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi Virgil,

I'd be very interested in knowing how the wine skins work out. Most of the time the bottle doesn't last long enough to transport it home but I'm sure there will be some Italian reds we just don't want to pass up while on our adventure.

Salute!
I'll let you know how they do - I will probably make it back with a couple of bottles as it will only be me drinking them (Lauren only tasting.....)

Virgil

WVMD
07-12-2008, 06:20 PM
19 days - working a night shift tonight.... Hopefully the patients will stay at home...

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Another night shift.....

18 days....

Took Lauren to camp for the week...

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-14-2008, 09:49 PM
17 days....

Been looking at some of the dinner cruises for our night in Paris....

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-15-2008, 08:52 PM
16 days......

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-16-2008, 09:54 PM
15 days....

Virgil
pirate:

jlou
07-16-2008, 10:15 PM
We leave in 2 weeks! I can't wait. I'm still trying to figure out what to do during free time. I'm going back and forth between not wanting to overplan and not planning enough. I think we've decided on spending time in Covent Garden on Sunday afternoon. Probably do the British Museum the day we arrive (Thursday). We're going to the O2 on Friday to see the King Tut exhibit.

In France, I'm thinking about taking one of our free afternoons to take a trip to Giverny. If anyone has done this, I'm wondering if there is enough time.

Happy planning to all.

WVMD
07-17-2008, 08:41 PM
We may try and do the King Tut when we get in - not sure....

14 days!!!! We'll be in Philly at this time waiting for our flight!

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-18-2008, 09:37 PM
13 days until we leave....

14 days until we meet everybody and begin our tour!!

Virgil
pirate:

tx2step
07-19-2008, 02:35 PM
We are getting close! Whoo hoo! Amy and I have made some decisions regarding our free time. In London, it will be Covent Gardens and Oxford St. as well as the London Eye.

In Paris, we really decided that we want to enjoy Paris and not plan too much so that we can soak it all in. We plan to spend time wandering around in the Marais and St. Germain area one day and another day around the Louvre and at some point go to Galleries Lafayette. In the evening of our free time we may do a river cruise along the Seine river and we would like to climb up to the top of the Arc de Triomphe at night for great pics of the city. That may be overplanning, but the main thing that Amy and I want is to enjoy the city taking it all in without rushing everywhere. Making memories!!

Virgil, you mentioned that you were looking into dinner cruises. My brother and his family did one in May that was really classy and pricy but he highly recommends. It is the Don Juan of Yachts de Paris. Not sure if that is what you are looking for but worth a check. You can google it and get more info. I will warn you that it is pricy.

See you all soon!

WVMD
07-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Yes - they are definitely pricey. We definitely want to do some of the same things in Paris - and plan on going to the London Eye and probably King Tuts exhibit when we get in to London.

Virgil
pirate:

pillow
07-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Virgil, don't you ever stay at home? Too bad Disney doesn't have a "frequent traveler" discount card??!!

I should have known wine would be the topic of discussion.

Have fun! Looking forward to your trip report.

Jodie

LisaTex
07-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Have a great time you guys!! Our fam did Knights and Lights last year - one of our absolute best trips ever. You are going to have a GREAT time. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

WVMD
07-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Virgil, don't you ever stay at home? Too bad Disney doesn't have a "frequent traveler" discount card??!!

I should have known wine would be the topic of discussion.

Have fun! Looking forward to your trip report.

Jodie

Hi Jodie! Nope, doesn't seem like we stay at home much... but we do... I wish that Disney had a frequent traveler card... especially for the cruises...

Of course - France=wine!!! I can't wait! We had Alessandro as our head waiter again and it was nice coming to a new bottle of wine each night at the table. When we ate at Palo after Kristin and Nick's engagement I splurged on the ship's last bottle of 1996 Chateau L'Evangile Pomerol. It was incredible!!!.... I can't wait to try more in France. Hopefully there will be some other red wine drinkers in the group (other than Lauren of course...... :confused3)

Virgil
pirate:

pillow
07-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Hi Jodie! Nope, doesn't seem like we stay at home much... but we do... I wish that Disney had a frequent traveler card... especially for the cruises...

Of course - France=wine!!! I can't wait! We had Alessandro as our head waiter again and it was nice coming to a new bottle of wine each night at the table. When we ate at Palo after Kristin and Nick's engagement I splurged on the ship's last bottle of 1996 Chateau L'Evangile Pomerol. It was incredible!!!.... I can't wait to try more in France. Hopefully there will be some other red wine drinkers in the group (other than Lauren of course...... :confused3)

Virgil
pirate:

Poor Frances! You're leaving her at home?? Mike would kill me if I left him and went without him (especially if red wine was involved ;) ). You'll have to let me know how the trip is. I'm intrigued by the ABD trips - am thinking we might have to splurge and do the new Alaska one (LisaTex is very convincing). Take lots of pictures!

Jodie

WVMD
07-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Poor Frances! You're leaving her at home?? Mike would kill me if I left him and went without him (especially if red wine was involved ;) ). You'll have to let me know how the trip is. I'm intrigued by the ABD trips - am thinking we might have to splurge and do the new Alaska one (LisaTex is very convincing). Take lots of pictures!

Jodie
Frances is going on the 15 day Eastbound Repo without us... This is our payback!

Virgil
pirate:

pillow
07-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Frances is going on the 15 day Eastbound Repo without us... This is our payback!

Virgil
pirate:

Does Frances need a room mate?

WVMD
07-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Does Frances need a room mate?
They might be able to find room.... She's going with the moms that did the 11 day in Sept. 06... They have a connecting 3/4. Should be fun.....

So I think it's a fair trade-off, but Lauren and I really want to see the Panama Canal at some point.

Virgil
pirate:

pillow
07-20-2008, 03:40 PM
They might be able to find room.... She's going with the moms that did the 11 day in Sept. 06... They have a connecting 3/4. Should be fun.....

So I think it's a fair trade-off, but Lauren and I really want to see the Panama Canal at some point.

Virgil
pirate:

What a fun trip! Just the length of the trip is appealing to me - so many days to lounge on deck at sea. We really wanted to do it, but we start school here the week before Labor Day - a good case for home schooling - ha!

Jodie

WVMD
07-20-2008, 08:36 PM
11 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-21-2008, 09:20 PM
10 days!!!

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Lauren and I are off to see Jimmy Buffett in concert in Pittsburgh!

9 Days!!!!

Virgil
pirate:

jlou
07-23-2008, 04:20 PM
oh my! In one week, we'll be boarding the plane! I am so unprepared! I have so much work to square away before we leave. Time to open a bottle of wine! And yes Virgil, you'll have some friends who enjoy red wines!

WVMD
07-23-2008, 09:38 PM
oh my! In one week, we'll be boarding the plane! I am so unprepared! I have so much work to square away before we leave. Time to open a bottle of wine! And yes Virgil, you'll have some friends who enjoy red wines!
Great!!! I need the red wine now, too.... The Jimmy Buffett concert was incredible.... A couple of pictures and 2 short videos on my blog....

8 Days for us until we leave....

So many things to do - so little time...

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-24-2008, 04:01 PM
7 days until we leave.... I'm working afternoon shifts today and tomorrow, off Saturday and then work Sunday, Monday and Tuesday! 5 more work days!!!

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-27-2008, 06:29 AM
Down to 4 more days!!! So much to do - so little time....

Looks like a rainy Friday in London - but the other days forecast looks OK...

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
07-28-2008, 06:17 PM
3 days until we leave... Lauren has laid out her clothes - as she is going to the Vans Warped tour tomorrow - and then she has dance all day on Wednesday...

Virgil
pirate:

WDWLVR
07-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Hey Virgil, just stopping by to say that I hope you and Lauren have an awesome trip. You'll have to let me know how you like ABD as Mark and I are thinking of doing the Canadian Rockies tour next year.

WVMD
07-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks for stopping by Mary!!!

We leave tomorrow - we both are so excited! I hope that those who have left and those leaving tomorrow have safe travels.

I plan on blogging the trip on my blog (it's in my signature....)

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
08-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi from Paris! We are having a wonderful time. I'm posting some on my blog (it's in my signature...)

Virgil
pirate: