PDA

View Full Version : Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista (formerly Palomino Suites)

gtalum
10-29-2007, 10:00 AM
We stayed 2 nights at the Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista (http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=FLA10&sid=LwqKg.iVqcdgcztg.5) this past weekend. The location is pretty good on Palm Parkway, with several restaurants within walking distance and many more close by driving. It was about a 15 minute drive both to EPCOT and to the TTC at Magic Kingdom.

All rooms are true 1 bedroom suites with a full kitchen (refrigerator, stovetop, microwave, and all utensils and dishes). The room was clean and had plenty of space for me, DW, and DD(1). DD slept in her pack & play in the living room, and is the main reason we only stay in true 1 or more BR suites when we have the opportunity. My only gripe with the property is that we came back for a nap at 2:30 on Saturday and the room hadn't been cleaned yet. They came by about 3:30 to do it, but we had to decline since DD was still napping. They did leave us new towels. If you like to return to your room during the day, just be aware that it may or may not get cleaned that day. Our room was directly across the hall from the elevator, but even so we didn't notice any noise from the hallway or from adjacent rooms. The bed was pretty hard (which I like) and the pillows were thin (which I don't like).

The hotel provides free wifi internet and free breakfast. The internet was simple and worked reliably. The breakfast was your standard hotel "continental" breakfast fare with the addition of eggs and sausage patties. More than adequate to keep us satisfied until lunch, but not exactly gourmet.

Overall I definitely recommend it. it helps that the rates are outstanding. This weekend all the Disney resorts were sold out and most of the area hotel rates were high, but we paid just $71.20 per night at this hotel.

iluvpiglet
10-29-2007, 10:21 AM
I think that sounds great for our 4 night stay. It will be my DH, my DS(2) and myself. We had the same problem as far as the area hotels being too pricey and the Disney resorts being full. I believe we will be very pleased with the hotel and with the fact that it is only 15 minutes from the parks. That will be nice. We are so looking forward to our little getaway.

Thanks very much for the review. It was very helpful! :thumbsup2

LAS2AMS
10-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Just wondering, as I considered staying here myself:

When this hotel first opened as a Homewood Suites by Hilton (it was rebranded after less than 1/2 a year), it had the typical food/beverage amenities (e.g. a fountain pop machine). Did they remove these??

gtalum
10-29-2007, 11:30 PM
I did not see a fountain pop machine. The breakfast area had a milk dispenser and a juice dispenser with orange and apple juice.

I didn't know it started life as a Homewood Suites. It makes sense, though, with the hampton Inn and Embassy Suites right next door...

DaddyDon
10-30-2007, 01:16 PM
We stayed 2 nights at the Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista (http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=FLA10&sid=LwqKg.iVqcdgcztg.5) this past weekend. The location is pretty good on Palm Parkway, with several restaurants within walking distance and many more close by driving. It was about a 15 minute drive both to EPCOT and to the TTC at Magic Kingdom.

All rooms are true 1 bedroom suites with a full kitchen (refrigerator, stovetop, microwave, and all utensils and dishes). The room was clean and had plenty of space for me, DW, and DD(1). DD slept in her pack & play in the living room, and is the main reason we only stay in true 1 or more BR suites when we have the opportunity. My only gripe with the property is that we came back for a nap at 2:30 on Saturday and the room hadn't been cleaned yet. They came by about 3:30 to do it, but we had to decline since DD was still napping. They did leave us new towels. If you like to return to your room during the day, just be aware that it may or may not get cleaned that day. Our room was directly across the hall from the elevator, but even so we didn't notice any noise from the hallway or from adjacent rooms. The bed was pretty hard (which I like) and the pillows were thin (which I don't like).

The hotel provides free wifi internet and free breakfast. The internet was simple and worked reliably. The breakfast was your standard hotel "continental" breakfast fare with the addition of eggs and sausage patties. More than adequate to keep us satisfied until lunch, but not exactly gourmet.

Overall I definitely recommend it. it helps that the rates are outstanding. This weekend all the Disney resorts were sold out and most of the area hotel rates were high, but we paid just $71.20 per night at this hotel.

When did they change names?????? From Palomino Suites
We stayed there this past spring and Loved it!

gtalum
10-30-2007, 02:57 PM
When did they change names?????? From Palomino Suites
We stayed there this past spring and Loved it!

I'm not positive, but I think the name change occurred in June or July.

DaddyDon
10-30-2007, 05:00 PM
I have a gift certifcate for free nite@(P.Suites) ....mmmmmmmmmmmmThe things that make you go ummmmmmmmmm:confused3 :confused3 :surfweb: :surfweb:

Jenfrog79
01-06-2008, 01:34 PM
do they provide free shuttle to the parks?