PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Caribean Excursion Questions

Disney4MyGirls
10-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Has anyone ever done either of the following Eastern Caribbean excursions, the Tiki Hut Snorkel in St Maarten or the Coral World Marine Park in St Thomas? We are going on the January 19 Eastern Caribbean cruise with our DDs, 10 and 7. Neither have snorkled before, but they both want to try and they can both swim. I think they will like the marine life at Coral World, but I am just trying to find out if ir is really nice, or just an over-hyped tourist trap! Also, for Coral World, would it be better to sign up for the Disney Excursion, or book directly with the park on-line. Thanks!

DrCavin
10-23-2007, 07:42 AM
We did CW on our own, did not book before hand. Just grabbed a taxi when you exit the pier & had plenty available for trip back from CW. CW is a small park, nothing like sea world or something similar. Plan about an hour or so to see the park.

You can snorkel right next to CW, vendors have rental gear there.

Disney4MyGirls
10-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks DrCavin. I was thinking we could do this on our own, and now I am pretty sure that is what we will do.

nikkistevej
10-23-2007, 12:13 PM
We also grabbed a taxi on our own and went to Coral World, same experience as other poster. My DH did Sea Trek there, he enjoyed it. It was OK. The Paradise Point tramway, which we did through DCL(and was cheaper through DCL, Coral World wasn't cheaper) was really nice to do. :goodvibes

swilphil
10-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Coral World seemed much more expensive if you did it through DCL. We were planning on snorkeling at Coki Beach after going to Coral World.