PDA

View Full Version : It's beginning to look a lot like.... Christmas? SSB sees Snow Persons coming to CCay

SideshowBob
10-22-2007, 07:51 AM
SSB just back from the 10/18-21 sailing on the Wonder. I noticed before we left Port Canaveral, that the snowpersons were in the cargo area all wrapped up to be brought aboard the ship before sailing.

Sure enough, as we left Castaway Cay, they unloaded a train full of Christmas type decorations, including the snow people ... and off they were driven like a little parade!

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos4374/2/50/86/52/16/2/216528650209_0_ALB.jpg

simba2002
10-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Hearing this gets me sooooooo excited!! :cool1: We will be cruising for the first time on the 12/23 Wonder for Christmas. :santa: I know I am going to feel like a kid again and My DD 5 is going to Love it. Thank You for the update on CC.

dreamcometrue
10-22-2007, 09:04 AM
wow, just like real life...it's not even Halloween yet, and they're pulling out the Christmas decorations! :rotfl: :lmao:

HFC1969
10-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Hands down my favorite vacation of my entire life so far was our Christmas Cruise in 05.

Although our honeymoon at WDW was cool also...

rgroves
10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Yea, on our 12-13-03 cruise they lit up the tree before we left CC on the 19th. It was awesome. The wollowing year they didn't light the tree and told us they only do it on the Christmas cruise. It was still great to see the island decorated though.

I'd LOVE to do a Christmas cruise, but OMG the prices !!!! There's no way DW would agree to pay that much, nor would I.

dreamcometrue
10-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Yea, on our 12-13-03 cruise they lit up the tree before we left CC on the 19th. It was awesome. The wollowing year they didn't light the tree and told us they only do it on the Christmas cruise. It was still great to see the island decorated though.

I'd LOVE to do a Christmas cruise, but OMG the prices !!!! There's no way DW would agree to pay that much, nor would I.

what? they don't light the tree unless it's the Christmas cruise? How disappointing :( We are planning for December 2009 and would have loved to have seen the tree lit!

rgribik
10-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Hi, I was on that cruise also, and saw the sand/snow people on the dock at Castaway Cay. My hubby and I had a great time, still have my sunburn from Castaway. We will be at the World in December for Christmas this year---can't wait! Where do they store all that stuff on the island? We were wondering, where do the cast members who stayed on the island go after we pull away? Anyone know?

LAMPSKIES
10-23-2007, 09:08 AM
On each of out Thanksgiving westerns (double dips) there was no x-mas decorations on the first stop but decorated on the second.

brack
10-23-2007, 07:07 PM
Where do they store all that stuff on the island?

The take it off the island the first week in January to a storage facility.

We were wondering, where do the cast members who stayed on the island go after we pull away? Anyone know?

To bed probably ..... there are some quarters on the island.:goodvibes

:)

SideshowBob
10-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Too funny... as SSB has always wondered just how many do stay behind on the island. Anyone seen their quarters?