PDA

View Full Version : Travel Insurance for Cruise with DVC pts?

VLee
10-21-2007, 04:49 PM
I just booked our cruise on this past Friday and was told that I could wait until I received papers within a week or so to call back and get the travel insurance for points.

My question is that I am barely within the 75 day period to cruise.

Is there a timelimit to buy this insurance or can I wait until I receive the paperwork? I have 210 points at stack as well as plane tickets and after reading of someone's medical emergency, costing almost $30,000 to get back, I figure I need the basic coverage, plane and medical.

I was quote a figure of $110 for basic, including plane and $58 for medical for 4 people. $42 a person does not sound bad, but I am new to all of this.

This quote was through Disney. Do other travel insurance companies cover trips that were paid for with DVC points?

I had heard the travel insurance for cash trips was cheaper through companies other than Disney, but I do not know about cruises covered by points.

Thanks

VLee
10-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Bumping for any answers..

Safari Queen
10-21-2007, 10:21 PM
There's definitely a time limit but I can't remember if it's 75, 95 or more days. Suggest you contact the insurance people right away. We used the company recommended by Disney.