PDA

View Full Version : Question about the port - any recent cruisers?

kroeder
10-20-2007, 12:17 PM
DH is going to drop us off at the port with the luggage and then go to the rental car place and catch their shuttle back to the port. Last time we went (2 years ago), it was a hassel to get the kids, the luggage and the other guests in the shuttle van. I thought this might save some trouble. My question, though, is if DH needs to keep any of his documents to get into the port? And do I need his picture ID to check in? Anyone else do this? Thanks.

CraftyMouse
10-20-2007, 12:53 PM
He will need a photo ID (Driver's License is fine) to get into the terminal while you should take his birth certificate/passport so you can check him in.

mommasita
10-20-2007, 09:32 PM
We just did this, and it worked out beautifully. DH just needed his Driver's license as the PP stated. He did not need to keep any documents, or present himself in line after we had checked in. I can not recommend this enough, it really simplifies things..

kroeder
10-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Thank you so much for the information from both you and craftymouse. I think we'll stick with the plan as long as DH can find his way back to the port. :) He's lost with out me in the car!

Selket
10-21-2007, 12:43 PM
I wanted to do this but DH kept saying "let's all take the shuttle." So we all took the shuttle - which was Avis. The Avis guy loaded everyone's luggage on the shuttle after we got on and sat down - it was a big shuttle! We had 6 suitcases for 4 of us and everyone else had similar. We got right to Avis and was in the car in about 15-20 mins.

Really no reason not to take the shuttle with all of your luggage and kids despite how complicated that sounds. The porter took all of our luggage right to the Avis stop - it was very easy.

I'll add that it took a LONG time when we departed to be able to make that left turn into the DCL port area for DH to drop us off with our luggage and then he drove back with the car. We should have probably just dropped the car off first then.

NancyIL
10-21-2007, 01:31 PM
My mom can't climb steps to get on the Avis shuttle bus. Therefore, I had planned to drop off her and the luggage at the port, return the rental car, then take the shuttle to the port. However, my mom needs wheelchair assistance from the time she gets out of the car at the port, and she doesn't seem to be willing to sit by herself for 30 minutes or so while I return the car. I'm quite sure she would not want to be the one checking me in for the cruise while I return the car. :confused3