PDA

View Full Version : Dining times - yet another question

TotallyAngelic
10-20-2007, 06:50 AM
HI
I have recently changed our seating from early to late, as I didn't want the hassle of rushing for dinner, and really early seating would be too early to eat following lunch. I was happy with this until I read on another post that the pirate party started at 9pm, which would obviously clash with late dinner seating ......aaahhhhh!

So my next question is - is all the late seating at 20:30 or are there choices within the late seating itself - eg. could you start earlier than that. If that is an option, can you book the actual time you want to eat withing the late seating. I hope that makes sense.

What does everyone else do who has late dinner seating and wants to attend the pirate party? Perhaps the other option would be to skip dinner on this night and have pizza or something - but the pirate night menu looks really good - why is it always a dilemma!!!!!

Andrew DEREK UK
10-20-2007, 07:08 AM
HI
I have recently changed our seating from early to late, as I didn't want the hassle of rushing for dinner, and really early seating would be too early to eat following lunch. I was happy with this until I read on another post that the pirate party started at 9pm, which would obviously clash with late dinner seating ......aaahhhhh!

So my next question is - is all the late seating at 20:30 or are there choices within the late seating itself - eg. could you start earlier than that. If that is an option, can you book the actual time you want to eat withing the late seating. I hope that makes sense.

What does everyone else do who has late dinner seating and wants to attend the pirate party? Perhaps the other option would be to skip dinner on this night and have pizza or something - but the pirate night menu looks really good - why is it always a dilemma!!!!!

Because the early -main dinner is on between 6pm and abot 8pm you would not be able to arrive early, on the Magic you can go to topsiders when you want as an alternative.

woody73
10-20-2007, 07:11 AM
. . . What does everyone else do who has late dinner seating and wants to attend the pirate party?
We skip dessert.

Woody

m4travel
10-20-2007, 07:19 AM
There are 3 different 'late seating' times (as there are 3 different times for early seating) that depend upon you dining room rotation. Your restaurant rotation is printed on your KTTW card and the time you are assigned will be waiting for you in your stateroom. Your exact time depends upon the first restaurant in your rotation. There's a thread somewhere on this forum that correlates times/restaurants; I don't have it handy.

The first part of the Pirate Party is a dance party with extremely loud music. Call me an old fogey if you want, but I'm always happy to join the PP shortly before the show starts and things get interesting! We always stay through dessert and have never missed it.

CraftyMouse
10-20-2007, 08:15 AM
The Pirate Party does not start until 9:45. You should be fine. Here is a recent Navigator that lists the time. (It is for the Eastern Magic but the party starts at the same time on all sailings.)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa42/judynorris/Tuesdaypage1.jpg

Just let your servers know that you want to be out by 9:30 and I"m sure they will do their best to accommodate you.

You may want to request the APLAPLA rotation if you are on the Magic. It is the one that starts at 8:00 and would give you the most time at dinner before the party. The three rotations are as follows...

APLAPLA - 5:30 & 8:00
PLAPLAP - 5:45 & 8:15
LAPLAPL - 6:00 & 8:30

Hope that helps.

TotallyAngelic
10-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Thank you for that info - and for scanning that navigator - people on here are so helpful!:goodvibes
Would I request that rotation before I go with my TA, or do you have to do it when you get on board - thanks.
Sarah

CraftyMouse
10-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Thank you for that info - and for scanning that navigator - people on here are so helpful!:goodvibes
Would I request that rotation before I go with my TA, or do you have to do it when you get on board - thanks.
Sarah

Have your TA call DCL so they can have the request on file. They do dining arrangements 4 or 5 days before you sail so if they have the info in advance they can (hopefully) schedule accordingly. Remember that it is just a request. Nothing is guaranteed. If you don't get that rotation go to Rockin' Bar D (on the Magic, Wavebands on the Wonder) to see if you can switch once you board.