View Full Version : Trip report - October 7th - 12th (Day 1)

10-20-2007, 05:08 AM
With excitement and a lot of Fog in the air, we drove down to Disneyland. The drive down is always good and the roads (apart from the large amount of fog), were as clear as always.

It was just me and my wife that went down there and we were looking forward to a break from reality and to spend some quality time with each other.

We decided to stay at the Sequoia Lodge hotel as we stayed at the Cheyenne the year before and fancied an upgrade :)

We arrived at Disneyland around 12 noon. After completing check in and booking Buffalo Bills for the following night, we left our luggage in the car (as we couldn't get into our room until 3pm) and walked to the Park through Disney Village.

The fog had cleared by then and it was starting to get quite warm. We walked past Cafe Mickey and saw Robin Hood and Koda meeting and greeting at the character lunch that was going on. Although Koda is the one character that my wife really really wanted to meet, Cafe Mickey was very busy, so we carried on into the park.

I knew the park was going to be busy as it was the first weekend of the Halloween season, but I was not prepared for just how busy it would be. We had a good couple of hours of looking round the park and riding Big Thunder Mountain (I love that ride), and we decided that we would head back to the Hotel, unload the car and go for a swim.

I knew that the park would be quieter for the rest of the week, so I didn't see the point in trying to get everything done on day 1.

The room was in the south wing of the hotel and was a nice size. The only problem was the door between our room and the next. Its understandable and a good idea to have these rooms if you are a big family, but not quite so practical when you are trying to have some peace and quiet and can only hear a screaming 3 year old the other side of the door.

I went to reception and told them the problem. They agreed to give us a different room, but told us that we had to take all opf our bags down to reception and make sure that the room was empty before we got another one.

I went to concierge to try and get a trolley so that we could move all of our luggage in one go. I waited for 15 minutes before I got any acknowledgement of being there and then they spoke to me as if I was wrong for asking them. I was made to promise about 5 times that I would take the trolley back before they let me use it, and I ended up feeling like an idiot for asking. It would have been easier to move it all myself.

We were then given a room in the north wing. The room was just as nice (except for the dirty socks that I found under the table) and we moved in.

We took the trolley back (without thanks) and went for a swim. I really like the pool there and I was a big fan of the jacuzzi, except for the fact that the only way out, is to back through the pool which seems freezing in comparison :)

We ate at Annette's that evening. The food was awesome, but the service couldn't have been any worse! We were made to feel like we had done something wrong by causing a waiter to serve us. He lent over our table, looked at us and said "what do you want then?" I was not impressed, and after the strain of moving rooms, it was starting to take its toll on me. He continued to be rude and obnoxious, so we tried to complain to the manager (who didnt understand English!)

We went to bed early that night (about 9pm), a bit disappointed with how the first day had turned out. We had stayed in the Cheyenne the year before and they couldnt have done any more for us there. The service was exceptional and we were made to feel like the most important people there. The Sequoia was completley different, but we went to bed hoping for a change for the rest of the week.

10-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Dirty socks and rude waiters! I sure hope it bets better for you.

What did you eat at Annette's?

10-21-2007, 12:13 PM
I understand why you had enough!!! Hope it gets better!
Cass, I love you little pumkin smiley...

10-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Whan an horrible start of an holiday, hope it got better, am sure it did!!
Strange about Annette, we had a few meals there and everyone was pretty nice :confused3

10-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Oh no awful start to the holiday, will keep my fingers crossed that it gets much better for you.

Shame about Anettes we had a lovely time when we went, maybe the waiter was just having and off day.

I know what you mean about the adjoining doors in the hotel. We stayed at the Cheyenne last year, we had a school party on our floor of about 30 children, we have 4 in the room next to us, they arrived about 11 one evening and they thought it would be funny to knock on the adjoining door a number of time. Scared our 3 year old to the point of tears, you can imagine i was fuming called reception to sort it. Got my own back though made sure our little boy made as much noise as possible about 6.30 the next morning, lol!!!


10-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Cass, I love you little pumkin smiley...


Ware Bears
10-28-2007, 06:23 PM
except for the dirty socks that I found under the table

Yuck :sad2: hope your trip gets better. :)

10-29-2007, 03:08 AM
Shame about the waiter...although the socks issue is a bit disconcerting too! :rotfl2:

Never mind, you're at Disney and that's all that matters!!! Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

04-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Just thought that I would put day's 1 and 2 on the front page for you all to read

04-18-2008, 06:53 AM
oh no not a good start