PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that really wants the pirate ship to go away at CC?

Jillpie
10-19-2007, 10:39 PM
I never liked it. We were the first ones at Castaway Cay to have it, we woke up to it in June, 2006 during a double dip cruise. I'm so glad that first Sunday was free of it, I just think its soooo ugly next to the beautiful Magic and just gets in the way of taking awesome shots of the ship. It is just sooooooo ugly to me. Anyone else?

inkkognito
10-19-2007, 10:54 PM
I think it's kinda cool, although it wouldn't break my heart if they took it away. I can take it or leave it.

Babs417
10-19-2007, 11:03 PM
I like it I cant wait to see it I guess it will begone with the next big storm

LCTsMom
10-19-2007, 11:22 PM
We love it! We'd like to see the Black Pearl there next to it!:thumbsup2 pirate:

Laurabearz
10-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Sorry Jill.... Love it.

Jillpie
10-19-2007, 11:34 PM
oh thats perfectly okay:) , I just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same way. Its very interesting to get this feedback though.

CruisinEars
10-19-2007, 11:51 PM
Jill, I am with you. I think it is pretty creepy and just looks out of place in that beautiful area. Of course, my opinion is based solely on all the pictures I have seen of it and not with my own eyes.

yndygo
10-20-2007, 01:30 AM
I'm with you on this... while I think the ship is kind of neat, I hate where it is. It's too bad they couldn't have put it off somewhere less close to the dock - so that it could've provided a nice hike/walk for those who want to see it, but not sit there in front of the ship when it comes to pictures etc.

Too bad Disney doesn't consider moving it somewhere else where it could become an attraction.

hawaiian mickey
10-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Aloha,
I love it:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

It's a great fit for the island. That ship represents the past of the carribean history.
You just close your eyes an think back to the pirates who roam the carribean.It's a perfect fit. Who knows there are probably ghosts who converge on the ship and swap stories with friends and foes.
At night you might see eyes peering off the ship.pirate:pirate:pirate:pirate:

aloha,

hawaiian mickey

TotallyAngelic
10-20-2007, 05:14 AM
As a massive fan of the movies I am so looking forward to seeing the Flying Dutchman at Castaway Cay - I would hate it if they moved it from there. It would be great if they could bring the Black Pearl there also, but hopefully they are keeping that safe for the next installment pirate:

bettydau
10-20-2007, 08:59 AM
OMG, Don't take the Flying Dutchman away! I'll never forget the kids' faces seeing that when we docked at CC. The pictures we took with that in the background are SO COOL!pirate:

The LK 4
10-20-2007, 09:56 AM
I love it! I think it adds a mystique to the island, as if long ago pirates landed on CC. :)

M & M
10-20-2007, 10:23 AM
We love it!

plutospup
10-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Arrrrg! We can't wait to see it!

dizneyfan23
10-20-2007, 02:30 PM
I don't want it to go away. I loved seeing it sit there as we pulled into Castaway Cay. Plus, when you are on the island, there's a great spot to have your picture taken with Jack Sparrow with the Dutchman behind you. Also, having a picture with the Magic/Wonder with the Dutchman in front of it makes for a good photo. Besides, if someone wants to get a picture of just the Magic/Wonder, there are a couple places on the island that you can go for that, The Heads Up Bar comes to mind.

RedFamilyLuvDisney
10-20-2007, 03:26 PM
We love it. Please don't take it away.

PenskeSth1
10-20-2007, 03:46 PM
We LOVE IT too! Can't wait to see it again on our next cruise.:)

Billinaz
10-20-2007, 05:00 PM
I hate where the ship is. It gets directly in the way of photos Id like to take of the ship. If they could move it to another position so we could have a clear shot of the Magic Id like it better.

Other than that, its time to move the pearl.

AhoyCaptainMickey
10-20-2007, 07:05 PM
another vote for "Love it" here...:thumbsup2

jhannah
10-20-2007, 07:22 PM
I think it's neat! If they were to move it, it would have to be where the watercraft could still get to it. Lots of folks like to go out and get a closer look.

Turning it into an attraction (with a dock around it) would take away from it, IMO.

TexasGirl
10-20-2007, 07:34 PM
We love it too. Very unique and a great photo opp. Have seen it twice at CC. I hope it stays for a long time!

wifeofgrumpy
10-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Thought it was pretty cool (but I've been to Castaway Cay twice w/o it). DH thinks its also cool, but it should be put over by the swimming beaches or something so not to interfere w/ pictures.

shoes99
10-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Here are two shots I took in Sept 07.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/Shoes99/DSC04485.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/Shoes99/DSC04486.jpg

Im_A_Princess
10-20-2007, 09:23 PM
I love it!
I wish the Black Pearl was there too!
The kids (and me) get so excited to see it!
The first time was the best (July 2006)pirate:

aprince&princess
10-20-2007, 10:02 PM
We are taking our first Disney cruise Apr 08, so I hope that it would still be there then since we haven't seen it in person yet!

Colorado DISers
10-20-2007, 10:52 PM
We loved it and can't wait to see her again!

mickeyluv
10-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Jill, I am with you. I think it is pretty creepy and just looks out of place in that beautiful area. Of course, my opinion is based solely on all the pictures I have seen of it and not with my own eyes.

Ditto for me!! I personally have not seen it yet and would be tickled to death for it to be gone when we take our first cruise in Nov. I just think it takes away from the beauty of the island!

allears
10-21-2007, 02:33 AM
Also Love it!pirate: My oldest son and I did the watercraft/eco tour last year and got to jet ski around it, way, way cool. And when we saw Pirates III in may, I got goose bumps when the Dutchman made it's first appearance, since I had seen the actual prop. How many kids in any of our neighborhoods can say they've seen the "real" Flying Dutchman?

I got some shots of the ship with out it in frame, but I probably took more of the Dutchman this last time. I'm thrilled they've decided to keep it at the island.

disneydance
10-21-2007, 02:54 AM
I'm right there with you i dont like it at all and would be happy to see it go

MinnesotaMouseketeers
10-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Before we got to CC since the Flying Dutchman has been there; I didn't think I would like it there as well. We have been there twice, before this last trip when it was not there.

We just got back from the Magic yesterday and I thought it was very cool. My son and his friend we brought along loved it. We took many pictures of it and of both the Magic and the Flying Dutchman. I thought they looked great together.

AmberDaClown
10-21-2007, 11:04 AM
We are with you Jill. In every picture we have seen since its arrival, it blocks the view of the Magic and Wonder. The ships looked so magestic without this ugly movie prop sticking out like a scab on the water. I hope to find a spot to take pictures of the ship without seeing the pirate ship.

Of all places they could have put it, it looks to be in a horrid spot.