PDA

View Full Version : body wraps at the GF?


karebear1
02-17-2002, 04:57 PM
Has anyone gone to the GF and had a day of pampering? I was reading in a book about WDW for adults that they have all kinds of body wraps, facials, arouma therapy etc. , but I was wondering if they are really as wonderful as they sound. My best friend and I are going on a girls trip in November.... ya know- leaving the kids and the worries behind, and I thought it would be fun to do this.... is there anywhere i can go for a list of the services and their prices?

imbe@aol.com
02-18-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by karebear1
Has anyone gone to the GF and had a day of pampering? I was reading in a book about WDW for adults that they have all kinds of body wraps, facials, arouma therapy etc. , but I was wondering if they are really as wonderful as they sound. My best friend and I are going on a girls trip in November.... ya know- leaving the kids and the worries behind, and I thought it would be fun to do this.... is there anywhere i can go for a list of the services and their prices?

Oh YES, they really ARE as wonderful as they sound! LOL I've done many, many different treatments and enjoyed them all. Here's a list: http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/grandfloridian/default.asp

If you have any specific questions about any particular treatment, let me know, and I'll try to help! :)

karebear1
02-18-2002, 07:32 PM
imbe-
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! Just reading about this makes me relax! But I do have a question for you (actually many questions) ........ which one did you enjoy the most and were the scents from the aromatherapy too overpowering? I've never done anything like this, so you'll have to excuse my silly questions, but, is the shiatsu message the only one done with clothing on? And the water therapies- are they done in a swin suit? Thanks for taking the time to answer. You've just made my day a whole lot better!

imbe@aol.com
02-19-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by karebear1
imbe-
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! Just reading about this makes me relax! But I do have a question for you (actually many questions) ........ which one did you enjoy the most and were the scents from the aromatherapy too overpowering? I've never done anything like this, so you'll have to excuse my silly questions, but, is the shiatsu message the only one done with clothing on? And the water therapies- are they done in a swin suit? Thanks for taking the time to answer. You've just made my day a whole lot better!

Oh my .. it's too hard to choose just ONE that I liked best! LOL
Let's see ... of the body treatments, I like the Marine Algae body wrap the best. You feel SO pampered! Of the facials, I've tried them all, and like the Grand Floridian Deluxe facial the best, definitely. In fact, it's just about the best facial I've ever had, period! It's SO relaxing, as you get your head/face massaged a lot during this, moreso than with some of the others.

I haven't had the shiatsu massage, but I think you DO leave your clothes on for this - and should wear loose clothing. Don't worry though, if you choose another type of massage where you have to take the clothes off. They're very discreet about it, and no one actually see's your entire body naked all at one time - they pull out a leg, an arm, etc. while working on it, and the rest of you stays covered up.

About the aromatherapy scents - I always get lavender, and no, it's not overpowering or overly sweet. It's very relaxing, calming.

With the water therapies, no you don't have a swimsuit on. They give you these little .. paper bikinis! LOL They're pretty funny actually. But they're not see through, so you are covered adequately, and not ruining or staining a bathing suit with the mud or whatever body treatment that they're rinsing off.

I think I've covered all your questions, but if you have any more, feel free to ask!

bweagle
02-19-2002, 05:51 PM
Thinking about doing Spa treatments as a part of the Discovery Magic package, but I saw some were one wishes and the "preferred" ones were two wishes. Any ideas which treatments are the "regular" ones and which are the "preferred"? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

imbe@aol.com
02-19-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by bweagle
Thinking about doing Spa treatments as a part of the Discovery Magic package, but I saw some were one wishes and the "preferred" ones were two wishes. Any ideas which treatments are the "regular" ones and which are the "preferred"? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

This is just a guess, but I'm thinking that 1/2 hour massages, regular manicures and maybe basic pedicures are probably one wish, and most of the others two.

ducklite
02-20-2002, 09:22 AM
Not sure that there is a "basic pedicure". I think only a spa pedicure is available, but I could be wrong. In either case it's defnintely worth doing. Very, very relaxing!!

Anne