PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to book a trip for May and an Inroduction

tiring_day
10-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Hi all

New to this board so a big hello to you all, I will be looking for some help in the months to come.

The problem I have now is being unable to book anything, does anyone know when I will be able to book Easyjet and rooms at the HC? (Hotel Cheyenne, although from previous experience with forums and RADP I am guessing abreviations are good enough).

This will be my little boys (2) first Disney experience and cant wait to see his face, for months now every time the Disneyland Paris advert comes on we get "Josh go" and that is before we have told him we are going. Damn those Disney adverts work.

We have done Florida several times before and even made it across to California a few years ago before Josh arrived.

We have been to DLP once before not long after it opened, when we were there Space Mountain (will stick with full till I learn abreviations) was still being built.

Thanks for any help you can be with my questions above.

Steve

R.S.Winters
10-19-2007, 02:27 PM
i dont fly to DLP so i cant help u there, but welcome to the DIS Steve! hope u have fun on here! everyone is very nice and all are big disney nuts! lol

D.

giuly09
10-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi Steve and welcome here:goodvibes
I am from Italy and so things might be different :confused3 i have just had a look on the official DLRP site for one friend of mine and it would let me book till April 27th, i suppose it wont be long till the allow people to book for May then ??

Not sure about EasyJet though :confused3

You will find it's a bit different from when you were there lol i had been there in 1999 and was a lot different last month when we went back again!!!

Cyrano
10-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi Steve and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038), DIS posting guidelines can be found here (http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm).

**TINKS**
10-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Welcome Steve,

we have always flew air france and stayed at santa fa so not really able to help on easy jet side of things, maybe it might depend on what airport you are flying from and to ?

sorry couldnt have been much more help ... thats why the travel agent is my best friend lol ...

this is a great forum though and am sure someone will have the answers :goodvibes

tiring_day
10-20-2007, 01:28 AM
I have been scanning the EasyJet website (busy morning at work) and it looks like the flights will not be released until around November so long wait for that.

The real question remaining is how far ahead do Disney release their roooms?

We had previously toyed with the idea of trains or taking the car but with a 2 year old who will not sit still for more than 30 seconds flying seems to be the best option. We live in the North East so the drive down to the Chunnel is excessive and even the trian would be 3 hours. We took him to Dublin just after Xmas and he sat quite happily on the plane watching the clouds go by and slept part of it too.

We are really buzzing about taking him, would just like to get it booked and sort out pricing so I know how much we can afford to eat in the next 6 months :laughing:

Thanks for the welcomes.

Steve

A Small World
10-20-2007, 04:28 AM
Hi and Welcome.

We were waiting last year to book for April as the prices were only til end March and it was I think end of Nov when we could book. This year the prices are out for April but no further so I think it will poss be Nov when you could book. (Not that much longer really)

You could phone Dis and see if they can tell you - thats what we did last year.

We live in the North West (not quite as far North as you) but ifnd we prefer driving to DLP. We travel down and stay in Ashford overnight- you can get some good deals at Travel Lodge if you book early enough- then book an early morning tunnel crossing (7am ish). We then book a late crossing back and stay in Ashford again. The beauty of the tunnel is you book a time but can often get on an earlier one if you arrive early.
Our DD is a bit older (7) but she has always been used to longish drives and is always kept occupied with music,(Dis CDs) magazines, puzzles, games etc. We do have built in DVD but she doesnt tend to bother too much with that.

Saying that we have always been to DLP as part of a longer holiday in France. This Christmas will be the first time we have travelled all that way just to do DLP for a few days so I might change my mind but to me its always seemed much easier than flying or Eurostar. No having to be at Airport few hrs before and hanging round then hassle of getting from airport to DLP and home to airport etc.

We find having the car is a real bonus as you can throw in a variety of clothes, snacks, favourite toys and there is loads of room for all those things you want to bring back.

Orion33
10-20-2007, 05:30 AM
Hi and welcome!!!

You should be able to book through Easyjet for May from now as you can book a max 6-7 months in advance with them, however you may find someone like Air France is cheaper... shop around!

Best place to fly to also is PAris CDG people may disagree but it seems to make sense and i have never had a problem transferring from here!

Not sure when you can book for May from i am hoping to go then too, i have a feeling jan/feb is when the summer season brochures and prices are available as you can only book until March at the mo but haven't totally looked into this so could be very wrong!!!!

Don't worry about abbreviations ha apart from CDG i spell everything!!!

kxx

tiring_day
10-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Yeah was looking at flying into CDG but will have to hold out a bit as Easyjet has not released flights for that period yet. Once they do I will be checking everyones prices before booking one.

Pretty sure we want to stay in HC as we stayed there last time and we loved it, think my little fella will really enjoy running around there.

I think driving is probably out as its 320 miles down to the tunnel and then driving at the other end, Josh by that time will be driven to distraction. Even with multiple stops he will not be a happy little guy.

Starting to get the buzz again now, was Jan 2004 last time we did anything Disney and the planning is such a big part of it.

Steve

rso101
10-20-2007, 03:04 PM
I've been checking the Easyjet website regularly as I would like to book a cheap flight for early summer, but so far the flights haven't been released. I am hoping that they will be available in November. Why don't you phone Disney direct and ask them when you can book the hotel? The Cheyenne is such a popular hotel that I would want to know when the rooms are released so I could book straight away.

sjaakie
10-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Why don’t you call Disney and ask if you can get a on pre booking?
I think that’s possible but I’m not sure.

Maybe a little telephone is worth trying?

tiring_day
10-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Yes my plan today is to ring Dis services to find when the rooms will be released, when I find out I will post here for anyone interested.

pigby
10-27-2007, 04:05 AM
We fly with Easyjet from Liverpool (and going tomorrow! - just thought I'd throw that in :) ) Last year we went in May and the prices were up before Xmas - don't know how long before so I'd keep checking the site. I couldn't get my holidays at work confirmed till the New Year though and by then the price had gone up a bit (but not loads) , so I would book as soon as you can once the prices are out.

tiring_day
10-27-2007, 09:49 AM
I have just called Disney Reservations and the rooms will be released on November 5th, so only just over a week to go for them.

As for the flights, I pulled this from EasyJet's FAQ

Our Contact Centre team is unable to advise you on exact schedule release dates for particular routes. Therefore we strongly recommend that to ensure you hear first, about our schedule launches that you register for e-mail updates on our web site. In addition, registering for this service will also ensure that we advise you of forthcoming promotions and information on exclusive Internet fare discounts. All new schedules are released for sale first on the internet.

New schedules are usually released in stages, around three to four months before the end of the existing schedule. The exact date is dependent on confirmation of flight slots from the relevant Air Traffic Control authorities.

Our summer schedule generally runs from the last Sunday in March through to the last Saturday in October. Our winter schedule runs from the last Sunday in October to the last Saturday in March.

I have now signed up for their newsletter and will be keeping an eye out for when the routes are released. Someone mentioned Air France earlier in this post, I have checked and although not expensive I think EasyJet will be cheaper.

Thanks for the all the help. I will be around quizzing for the next whatever it says below.

Ware Bears
10-28-2007, 05:26 AM
Hi Steve, welcome to the DIS!! :welcome: