PDA

View Full Version : Next year is the Cruise Line's 10th year, any celebrations?

Fast Pass
10-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Any news of a celebration? 10 years is a milestone. Hey Disney, if you don't have a year long celebration already, how about one!

Donalds_best_pal
10-18-2007, 05:44 PM
I know Mr. McAlpin on a personal level and we actually discussed this issue about 1.5 years ago. It's likely they won't have any big celebration or even a celebration at all. He believes in the cruise industry, your ships age isn't something you want to draw attention to. It makes total sense to me.

Matt

tecdavidt
10-18-2007, 05:50 PM
I have to agree that is true for the cruise industry, it is also sad to think a ship 10 years old is considered old. Disney does a fantastic job keeping the Magic and Wonder up. I can't say the same for other lines.

I do hope they have something marking the anniversary for Disney entering the cruise business. We Disney addicts love that they did!

Kathy

Mickeyhugger
10-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Though it wouldn't happen, I think the best way to mark the 10-year anniversary would be to bring back the 1998 prices.:rotfl2: (For a limited time only! Book your Disney cruise today..'):lmao:

dreamcometrue
10-18-2007, 06:10 PM
I'd be happy with just a special edition ten year pin. Of course, it would only make me happy if it's available in April already, and not only on the actual anniversary date! :lmao: But Disney always celebrates their birthdays longer than the average person! ;)

jsilvers
10-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Any news of a celebration? 10 years is a milestone.

By the same token, will DCL take any note of the Wonder's 1000th voyage, which (if I calculate correctly) should be in April 2009?

cadcor
10-20-2007, 03:45 PM
I know Mr. McAlpin on a personal level and we actually discussed this issue about 1.5 years ago. It's likely they won't have any big celebration or even a celebration at all. He believes in the cruise industry, your ships age isn't something you want to draw attention to. It makes total sense to me.

Matt
Hi Matt!

If you were still President at DCL what would you do for the guests to celebrate the 10th anniversary?

Andrew DEREK UK
10-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Hi Matt!

If you were still President at DCL what would you do for the guests to celebrate the 10th anniversary?

How about some very nice 10th Anniversary pins!Given to cruisers in 2008.