PDA

View Full Version : Magic Cabin 7631...I'm really worried!

Pixie Dust for Me!
10-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Hi all,

No flames please. My family has just been assigned cabin 7631 for our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise and I'm worried. Our cast is DH, he's 6'4", myself and our son...age 9.

I understand that the room is quite a bit larger than others, but I'm worried about the comfort of the bath, the zero entry shower and in general how things are laid out? For example, is there any seating other than the bed? DS (a) prefers a tub and (b) when he does take a shower, takes VERY long showers. Will he flood the bathroom and/or stateroom? Also, is the bathroom comfortable for those without accessibility concerns?

I've been in accessible hotel rooms before and have found them to be very uncomfortable...lower sinks...higher toilets...the grab bars surrounding the toilet are uncomfortable for a "pooh-sized" person and I was constantly hitting the grab bars in the shower!

Please don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that Disney has accessible rooms (and I understand that an inaccessible room is much more of a problem for someone with accessibility issues than it is the other way around)! It's admittedly selfish on my part but I just don't want to be hounding my son all week not to press that button....turn off the water while you are soaping up so you don't flood the room...etc. And I don't want to be uncomfortable all week!

Anyone have any experience or positive thoughts. Again, no flames please, I mean no offense to anyone.

Thanks

cats mom
10-18-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm pretty sure I've been in that room. It was not our assigned cabin, but one cruise DD met a new friend who was in an accessible cabin just down the hall from us.

If it's the one I'm thinking of you have nothing to worry about as far as seating and room layout. They had the same sofa all the standard cabins do and DD's friend, who was in a wheelchair, had plenty of room to manuever... something that would have been quite the trick in our cat 7 room. ;)
IIRC their closet was pretty impressive too.

I'm not really much help with bathroom info. :confused3
But I've got to believe they would have to allow for long showers without worrying about flooding and as far as comfort of the tub... it couldn't possibly be any worse that the semi-oversized sinks they call tubs in the standard rooms could it?

Hopefully you'll have a great cruise and will love your cabin - it's in the absolute best location on the ship IMO