PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on these room choices?

MarkLem
10-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Looking into our second Disney Cruise! Last cruise we were on deck 8 in Cat 5. This cruise there will be 6 of us so are getting two rooms. 3 adults, 3 kids ages 6, 10, 12.

Choices are:

Cat 11 Deck 6 towards bow (6321,6323). Search reveals that some say next to a noisy service elevator

For $500 more, Cat 10, either Deck 2 aft (2639, 2641). Some say you hear engine noises during docking and CM lounge noise below. OR, Cat 10 Deck 1 (1047, 1049). Most say quiet and smooth here.

For $1000 more than Cat 11, Cat 9 Deck 1. Quiet and smooth but small portholes.

My thoughts are: Cat 11 deck 6 is cheapest, but no split bath. If noise were not an issue I'd go with this for sure. Still might. Cat 10 gets a split bath, but are locations an issue?

DCL Repeaters
10-18-2007, 12:16 PM
I have sailed in 3 of the stateroom numbers you mentioned. 6323 and 6321. Loved both of these rooms. Yes, you are near a door that leads to a service elevator, but the only time I heard noises was on embarkation afternoon and the evening before debarkation as luggage was being moved on and off the service elevator. Otherwise, very little hall traffic and noise and that's important to me. I would never stay in 2641 again! Whenever the ship was docking or leaving a dock, the thrusters shook the living daylights out of our room. I just recently had my first experience staying on deck 1 and would choose that again in a heatbeat! Since there are only 40 or so staterooms, there was little hall traffic or noise. No sounds of the thrusters or engines. We did hear a humming sound periodically, but it was not bothersome at all.

frdeb1999
10-18-2007, 12:30 PM
We loved being on deck 2. We had 2 cabins and never had any problems what so ever. We booked again for the same area for next year. It was quiet and the split bathroom is wonderful if there are quite a few of you! And the LG portholes are great. Lots of light.

nobodycares
10-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Enjoyed your thread. We are booked in 1047 for 11/4 on the Wonder. If you can wait, I'll give you a review when we get back.:goodvibes: The split bath was the +++ that I liked when I selected 1047, as well as its location / midship and not near any of the known noisy spots (like under a nightclub!).

Glad to receive DCL repeater's review of deck 1.

MarkLem
10-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Looks like it's either the two Cat 11 rooms on Deck 6 or the two Cat 10's on deck one. It seems like the cruisers who have stayed on deck 1 love it. The only negative comments I've found on a search are from those who have never stayed on deck 1. Many seem to reiterate Repeater's comment about the very back of Deck 2.

Thanks for all replies, yes I'd love a note after you return from 1047