PDA

View Full Version : Meryll83's SBP/Citrico's/Morocco PJ - Update: Trip Report now underway!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

meryll83
10-18-2007, 03:02 AM
Well I now have a real reason to be in this section of the DISboards, although I've been crashing threads for some time hoping a Disney wedding could one day be on the cards!

Just got back at the end of last week from a fabulous 2 weeks with boyfriend Simon at Pop Century on free dining (with a sneaky little 2 night stay at the Boardwalk Villa's sandwiched in the middle - this has spoilt me now though, I want to be a Deluxe Snob! :snooty: I think having free dining for 2 weeks has also spoiled me though!

Simon proposed on the first night we were there in front of Cinderella Castle, tried to get down on one knee but I realised what he was doing and hugged him before he got down there! :hug:

Coz I don't wear jewellery he didn't know what size ring to get, so he proposed the first night as we had already decided to go shopping at the Florida Mall the next day, so I got to choose my own rock! :woohoo:

I'm currently at work (don't worry I came in early, I'm not skiving!) but I will post a piccie of the ring from my PC at home as soon as I get chance!

Parents are all really happy about it, my Dad has been dying for an excuse to go back to Florida since we last went as a family with me as a child in 1993, as my Mum doesn't enjoy the loooong flights and would prefer European holidays nowadays, this doesn't interest my Dad, so for the past few years they have taken UK breaks and the odd mini-cruise to Holland/Amsterdam, sort of a happy medium. I'm not sure my Mum realises I am actually going to make her go to Florida, I think she thinks I'll grow out of it. I'm waiting for my mum to come round with brochures for our local venues and try and persuade me how lovely they are! Everyone else wants to go back though, Si's parents last visited around the same time as our last family trip, and many of our friends are previous visitors to WDW as well.
The problem with the whole WDW wedding thing is that I know not everyone will be able to make it, in particular I don't think my Grandma could handle the long flights. This makes me feel awful as I always imagined she would be at my wedding, but people keep telling me you'll never be able to please eveyone, and you only get one chance to make your wedding exactly what you want it to be.
We will definitely have some kind of party when we get back, I'm hoping we will be able to show the wedding video and photos that night, to try and let those who couldn't make it be part of the experience.

Well I guess now the planning can officially begin!

First and foremost we are trying to decide exactly when to take the plunge.
Trouble is, both of Si's parents and one of Si's best friend's girlfriend (still with me?!) all work at schools/colleges so this means we would have to go in a school holiday.
Now I thought about October half term but then realised that's only a week so it depends if the 'schoolies' would want to come for just a week. Otherwise it would probably have to be Easter, which looks like WDW is a very busy place to be according to the chart in the Unofficial Guide. :crowded: I must consult the rest of my Disney library of guidebooks, but I'm pretty sure my findings will be the same!
October seems to be nice and quiet based on the chart, I thought the half term holidays might be busy, but perhaps it's just in the UK where this is a school holiday, does anyone know if Florida/US schools have a break at this time?
It's only Gemma and Si's parents that it affects in respect that they would have to go all the way to Florida for just 1 week.
But if we go in Easter so they can have a two week holiday, it means everyone else has to suffer the possibility of crowds and more expense. Think I need to speak to those concerned and see what they think.
I think if we go in October it will be 2009 but if it has to be Easter it may have to be 2010 to have some additional money saving time, for us and everyone else joining us!

I've read that you can call Disney's Fairytale Weddings 12 months in advance to start reserving locations etc, can you get any information sent through prior to this to help select things?

Sea Breeze Point and Sunset Pointe had been favourite locations of mine, but now we've talked about who may potentially attend the wedding, looks like we could have around 25 guests (including us) and I think both of these locations have a much smaller capacity.

Me and bridesmaid Julie (my best friend) are also wondering when we can go shopping for our dresses, are we supposed to wait a while in case we put on weight - or get skinny (probably more doubtful!) or can we start now?!! I just came back to a small payrise that has been backdated for the month so that's nice! Will probably wait til after Christmas though at least I think.
My other bridesmaid is to be Jodie, a friend from my local theatre group (she and her brother will be the only guests under 21 as far as I'm aware - need to plan something for these guys to do while we have a Jellyrolls night sometime!).

Well we were thinking of staying 8 nights at WDW itself (possibly a split stay between resorts), 3 nights Disney cruise, 3 nights New York, then home, then we kinda get a different honeymoon in there as well.
I'm already stressing about if we stay at a Deluxe resort as our free wedding night should I book a room the night before to get our things there, and then how do we transfer Si's things on the wedding day, and so many other questions and queries that I'm sure I needn't worry about for a long time yet! I do love my planning though!

Well I was supposed to start work 2 minutes ago, so best finish up there.

I hope I haven't scared everyone off with my first post being the looooooooooongest ever, I'm just so eager to start the planning and I really need you guys to help me with all these questions I have!! :thumbsup2

orangetiggs
10-18-2007, 03:16 AM
congrats!! I'm a uk disney bride as well

I have just contract for our sept 2008 wedding, we booked our stay through virgin here and are going to book an extra night through our wedding website after our comp night but we are not ahveing the comp night on our wedding day.

I started dress shopping straight away!!! I had it picked within 3 weeks!

meryll83
10-18-2007, 03:57 AM
Orangetiggs, congrats on reaching the under 1 year mark!

You know you have to have so many Disney hotel nights booked in order to get the complimentary wedding night stay - think it's 25 for a Wishes collection - do these have to be booked directly with Disney, or does it still count if your holiday package is booked through Virgin Holidays for example?

We have travelled with Virgin Holidays the last 2 times we have been to Florida, but I thought that perhaps this time we would have to book all the elements seperately because of the above.

So when did you get engaged? Am I ok to want to dress shop nearly 2 years in advance?

And have you got a planning trip orgainsed at all? We won't have chance to go back before the wedding trip itself so we need to get everything organised from the UK.

Was it at the 1 year mark that you could receive information on locations etc from Disney, or will they send out any brochures etc to help us decide before this time?

This is what happens when you are the first replier on the thread - you get bombarded with all my questions!

orangetiggs
10-18-2007, 04:10 AM
Thanks

It does not matter how you book the disney hotels as long as you give your planner the res numbers thats fine. We have around 30 guests have have to guarentee 25 room nights

I got engaged 2nd sept 2006 and I have had my dress picked since around nov time last year, i think if you find the one dont look anymore!! I just picked my dress up so I know I have it!! I was panicing as its a pink gown so wanted to make sure i got it!

We are flying over on 4th feb for our planning trip, virgin had a cheap deal for pop century so we are going over for a week to do all the planning.

You can go and look at the wishbook on thier website just google disney worl weddings and it gives you loads of info but the prices are a bit wrong, you can also request info as well from them. you can talk to a sale consultant at any time but we could not get our date pencilied in till 18 months out.

orangetiggs
10-18-2007, 04:13 AM
Thanks

It does not matter how you book the disney hotels as long as you give your planner the res numbers thats fine. We have around 30 guests have have to guarentee 25 room nights

I got engaged 2nd sept 2006 and I have had my dress picked since around nov time last year, i think if you find the one dont look anymore!! I just picked my dress up so I know I have it!! I was panicing as its a pink gown so wanted to make sure i got it!

We are flying over on 4th feb for our planning trip, virgin had a cheap deal for pop century so we are going over for a week to do all the planning.

You can go and look at the wishbook on thier website just google disney worl weddings and it gives you loads of info but the prices are a bit wrong, you can also request info as well from them. you can talk to a sale consultant at any time but we could not get our date pencilied in till 18 months out. the pavillion and a park location for your recption or ariels or napa room (anywhere thats not a convention room) then you can contract at 12 months otherwise its 8 months .

We are having the pavillion, ariels and then uk lower for a dessert paty in the evening.

No problems anymore questions that I can help with thats fine, I love talking weddings!!

Summer-Caitlin
10-18-2007, 06:46 AM
OH MY GOD, why didn't you tell me? You should have crashed my TR and TOLD ME!!!! AAHHHHH!!!

How cool is that? I am so happy for you. I can tell you're really excited.
You can easily plan everything from the UK, I did and the internet is a wonderful resource as are these boards.

Go ahead ask me anything, you know I'm one that loves to ramble on about weddings...

Summer-Caitlin
10-18-2007, 06:47 AM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee9/mc_1128/Smiley/Happy.jpg

shezfrombermuda
10-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Congratulations! I just wanted to say October is a nice time to go to Disney. The weather is nice and it isn't as busy as it would be at Easter. I am getting married (hopefully, cross your fingers) October 30th next year. I am a teacher and get the last week off in October. I have two friends that are teachers and are coming from Canada that are able to take a few days off. It isn't a holiday in Canada and I am pretty sure it isn't a holiday in the States either. Happy Planning!

Where are you from in Yorkshire?

meryll83
10-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks

No problems anymore questions that I can help with thats fine, I love talking weddings!!
That's good, I'm ok with booking things seperately, but I was wondering how to convince other people to leave the comfort of package holidays! Now, not necessary, hurrah!

Think I'll give them a call sometime this weekend then to see if they will send me some info out - oooh excited!

OH MY GOD, why didn't you tell me? You should have crashed my TR and TOLD ME!!!! AAHHHHH!!!

Go ahead ask me anything, you know I'm one that loves to ramble on about weddings...

I did just crash your TR (only minimally I promise!), but obviously you got to this thread first!!

Don't worry, I plan to ask a gazillion questions!

It isn't a holiday in Canada and I am pretty sure it isn't a holiday in the States either. Happy Planning!

Where are you from in Yorkshire?

That's good to know, I'm hoping for October personally, but will have to see how the 'schoolies' feel about this.

We're from Scarborough, in North Yorkshire. I actually lived in York 'til I was 5 but then moved here.

M&M126
10-18-2007, 07:59 AM
Congrats on your engagement and future Disney wedding!!

I definitely think you should aim for an October wedding as opposed to an Easter time wedding. The parks are a nightmare the weeks before and after Easter! October is a nice month. It's hot here right now but every year is different ;) Usually it's very mild in October. There really isnt a big school break in Oct for most schools in the US. Some might have a day off or so but that's about it. I hope your "school people" over there will agree to October! Good luck!!! :)

TamTab
10-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Congrats on your engagement.

We are also looking at an October wedding. October 20th 2008 to be exact. Should know next Wednesday if we got it or not.

I wish you all the best in your planning!

shezfrombermuda
10-18-2007, 03:33 PM
That's good to know, I'm hoping for October personally, but will have to see how the 'schoolies' feel about this.

We're from Scarborough, in North Yorkshire. I actually lived in York 'til I was 5 but then moved here.

I was just asking because DF is from Monk Fryston which is between York and Leeds. There is some very beautiful countryside there.

caryndisneydiva
10-18-2007, 03:45 PM
congrats on your engagement! i agree, you should avoid easter at all costs, october is beautiful in florida and not too too crowded!

meryll83
10-22-2007, 07:18 AM
Ok, so time to take a step back and do a quick introduction of myself and my loved ones. I'll add photos later this week when I've saved my photos into photobucket!

Bride - Me, Meryll, 24
I work in mortgages for a Building Society and regularly perform in various shows at one of our local theatres. Been dreaming of a Disney wedding the last couple of years, now I finally have chance to plan away! We've just returned from our second WDW trip together.

Groom - Simon, 28
Works for the same company as me (we're based in a Head Office though, so on different departments and a whole floor away!) in dealing. Does enjoy our Disney holidays is probably mainly appeasing my wish for a Disney wedding by agreeing to this!

http://photos-268.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v107/108/38/504375268/n504375268_324590_2356.jpg

Best man - Adam, 26 - I think!
http://aa.bebo.com/aa/large/2005062013/10063996a10323825b427114205l.jpg
Simon's brother, not sure he's officially been asked yet actually but I know he soon will be. Adam now lives in Sheffield and is marrying his girlfriend, Anna, next year in Rotherham. Hasn't been to WDW since about 1993 when Si's whole family last went together, don;t think Anna has ever been, but I know she wants to!

Chief Bridesmaid - Julie, 25 (baywatchextra)
http://ab.bebo.com/ab/large/2005031010/10063996a2851206b923664905l.jpg
My best friend, one of those who I may not see for a month or so if we're busy, but we can always pick up right where we left off. Julie and her boyfriend, Steve, are heading to WDW in a weeks time (lucky things!) with Steve's family, so we're meeting tonight so I can give her the heads up with the Halloween maps etc. we brought back!

Bridesmaid - Jodie, teens
http://file018b.bebo.com/14/large/2006/09/25/12/10063996a2103139799b822199650l.jpg
A friend from my local theatre group, with a family of WDW addicts, I promised they could all come when I got married there - started of as a bit of a joke really, but now it's actually happening! Jodie will be coming with brother Luke, also teens, and Mum and Dad Bev and Kev. These guys are holidaying in WDW in Feb 2008 so I think they may end up being the most recent visitors when we all go back in (hopefully) October 2009!

Mother of the Bride - Junita
My mum, last in WDW in 2003 on our last trip as a family and although I know she enjoyed it, I also know she doesn't enjoy the flying there! I think there may still need to be some persuasion done here, I'm not sure she's completely convinced about the idea of a Disney wedding...

Father of the Bride - John
My dad, has always wanted to go back to WDW since our last family trip, but as my mum has never been a huge fan of the idea, has never quite managed it! Always insist we bring him back Peanut Brittle from Main Street, as apparently it's just not the same from anywhere else in the world!

Mother of the Groom - Liz
Si's mum, again around 1993 for the last WDW trip, says her and Paul are "ready to do Disney again", so that's always good. Si thinks his mum worries that our friends won't be there if we get married in Florida, but we know that people who want to be there and can will be, and we will know who those are who want to but really can't. Works in a college, so we have to work around the school holidays in order for her to be there.

Father of the Groom - Paul
Si's dad, another who's last visit was 1993, turns out mine and Si's families both took their last trips in the same year. Again, I think he looks forward to going back. Works in a different college, we need to find out when the school holidays fall for each college in October half term for 2009, I'm hoping they fall the same week or we'll have problems!

Friends
The rest of our projected guest list (currently around 25 total) is currently made up of friends, some of them visitors to WDW this year or the last couple, others last visited as children and a couple of WDW virgins in there as well!
One of these friends is a primary school teacher, so again we're hoping the school holiday dates all match up. I'm a bit concerned though given that Liz is off this week for half term and I'm sure that the reason Julie and Steve go to WDW next week is so his niece would only miss one week of school, making me think that school's half term is next week. Eek!

meryll83
10-22-2007, 11:33 AM
At the moment, from the brief interent browsing I have done on dresses, I like these 2 Maggie Sotterro dresses, the second one would probably be in white though I think, but possibly keeping pink for the second colour in it:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/caprilynette.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/caprilynetteback.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/jenna.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/jennaback.jpg
I've found a shop in York that stocks Maggie dresses, so I presume I can just call them up to see if they have these styles in stock?
What happens if they don't have the style in? Do they order one? Or are you then obliged to buy it?

meryll83
10-22-2007, 11:45 AM
I like this style dress, I think it's by After Six (I saw it on TamTab's planning journal and stole it!), but I'm thinking in Deep Red.

I haven't figured out how to post pictures of screen dumps I've currently got saved in Word, so if anyone can help me with how to do that, that would fab!
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x101/Tammy_wedding/bmdress9.jpg
Need to find out if anywhere near me stocks this designer yet....

orangetiggs
10-22-2007, 11:52 AM
there is a website in the states shopforbridal that does these dress (they are by dessy/aftersix) for half the price than here!!

My dress for my girls here is £180 and on that website the same dress is $144 and the shipping is only $23 even with the taxes that I will be charged here its still cheaper

meryll83
10-22-2007, 01:44 PM
there is a website in the states shopforbridal that does these dress (they are by dessy/aftersix) for half the price than here!!

My dress for my girls here is £180 and on that website the same dress is $144 and the shipping is only $23 even with the taxes that I will be charged here its still cheaper
That's fab - thanks for the tip!
Did you just get the girls to try the dresses on over here and find the right size then order them online from the US?
I noticed already that the first wedding dress I like is tonnes cheaper on all the US websites than the UK ones. Think it might be worth purchasing them all online and then seeing a local shop will just do any alterations necesssary.

TamTab
10-22-2007, 01:46 PM

Thanks for posting where to find these dresses. Silly me totally forgot.

Looking forward to reading more.

orangetiggs
10-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes I went to a local dress shop thats stocked dessy over here and they measured them (I didnt say I was buying online) and then I'm going to order them on that website.

I'm going to get them altered here by a dressmaker.

My dress was half price in the states but I didnt get mine from there as I wanted a coloured dress and when I called about it they didnt know about the colour so it worried me too much to order it incase it was wrong

meryll83
10-22-2007, 02:43 PM
I have no idea other than the flavours which when I read Summer's trip report I knew I just had to have:

Chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling
Almond cake with amaretto mousse filling

So it needs to be 2 layers!!

Do Disney have a limited range of cake styles to choose from? Does anyone have any details on this, coz I presume Disney won't send me any details on things like this until at least a year out when we've officially registered with them?

baywatchextra
10-22-2007, 02:57 PM
howdy, finally managed to get logged in!! Lovin the back of that white dress, something to look forward to after xmas!!! xx

orangetiggs
10-22-2007, 03:17 PM
I have just got my cake cd!! its a powerpoint presentation with over 76 pages of cakes!!! I got a 3 page a4 sheets with all the prices on!!!

dislovr
10-22-2007, 03:59 PM
I LOVE :love: dress #1. I havn't been looking for dresses at all and nothing has appealed to much to my taste for me to take notes of. I might have to steel the style number for you and keep it in my wedding notebook so that I see if I can find it once I am looking for dresses.

Anyway...orangetigs (sorry if the name isn't totally right im doing it from memory) what is the cake dvd you speak of? I mean I assume it is what it is :rotfl: . However how did you get it. Did you request it. Do you get it once you sign your contract? It's something that I would be interested in seeing. Anyway...my DFTW won't be till December 2009 but im just absorbing as much info as possible till then.

caryndisneydiva
10-22-2007, 06:15 PM
I have no idea other than the flavours which when I read Summer's trip report I knew I just had to have:

Chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling
Almond cake with amaretto mousse filling

So it needs to be 2 layers!!

Do Disney have a limited range of cake styles to choose from? Does anyone have any details on this, coz I presume Disney won't send me any details on things like this until at least a year out when we've officially registered with them?

if you pm me your email address, i'll send you the powerpoint presentation of the cakes that disney sent me. it is HUGE. so it might take a long time to send...

oneyodafan
10-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Congratulations! Love those bridal gowns!

orangetiggs
10-23-2007, 12:15 AM
I signed my contract ages ago and have just got the pack with the music and cakes.

meryll83
10-23-2007, 01:50 AM
I have just got my cake cd!! its a powerpoint presentation with over 76 pages of cakes!!! I got a 3 page a4 sheets with all the prices on!!!
Ok so maybe the choice isn't that limited then! :lmao:
if you pm me your email address, i'll send you the powerpoint presentation of the cakes that disney sent me. it is HUGE. so it might take a long time to send...
Thanks Caryn, I've PM'd you my email address, this is really helpful!
I LOVE :love: dress #1. I havn't been looking for dresses at all and nothing has appealed to much to my taste for me to take notes of. I might have to steel the style number for you and keep it in my wedding notebook so that I see if I can find it once I am looking for dresses.

You have my permission to steal the style, I'm sure I'm stealing it from many other previous brides and brides to be anyway! I don't actually know the style number, but it's called the Capri Lynette, the second dress is the Jenna.

It's one of the few dresses I've really loved the sight of, but once I manage to hunt one down and try it on it may look completely wrong on me, so I'm going to keep searching for more styles too.

Summer-Caitlin
10-23-2007, 04:56 AM
I see you've jumped right in and started the planning process;)

As for wedding dresses, well you remember my fiasco? I prefer the first one, but I am biased as I love the pick up styles. Make sure you try on loads of dresses and even if you think you are sure, look again and then look some more. I cannot stress this enough, this would have saved me money and alot of unecessary problems.
If the store orders the dress you ar obliged to pay it, if however it is off the rack, then they would normally only keep the deposit.
The cake flavors you are going for, well what can I say? They are divine! I am so glad I chose them, next time we go back to Disney I am getting replica cake, although much smaller, made for us. It was the best cake I have ever eaten.
I agree with looking at the States to get things like veils, shoes etc. I ordered plenty from there and even though I sometimes had to pay customs, it was still so much cheaper than ordering it from the UK.
Everything looks great so far though, it's never too early to start the planning process!

meryll83
10-23-2007, 06:04 AM
I see you've jumped right in and started the planning process;)

If the store orders the dress you ar obliged to pay it, if however it is off the rack, then they would normally only keep the deposit.
The cake flavors you are going for, well what can I say? They are divine! I am so glad I chose them, next time we go back to Disney I am getting replica cake, although much smaller, made for us. It was the best cake I have ever eaten.
I agree with looking at the States to get things like veils, shoes etc. I ordered plenty from there and even though I sometimes had to pay customs, it was still so much cheaper than ordering it from the UK.

I know, I'm an eager beaver aren't I?! Well I always start planning (well booking) a normal Disney holiday over a year in advance, and this is like the ultimate Disney holiday for me! I do love to plan....

So if a store doesn't have the dress you want, are you supposed to try on similar styles in the shop and if you like those, order the one you wanted and just hope for the best? Eeek, scary thoughts!

2 of my favourite flavours are peanut butter and amaretto (along with cinammon mmmmmm) and who doesn't love chocolate right?! I remember first reading about what flavour your cake was and being so excited, I expected your average fruit cake to be a normal offering for a wedding cake! Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the above really appeals to my sweet tooth!

How does the customs/tax things work? When do you pay it if applicable? I've ordered a couple of things online from the US before and I don't know if I've ever been charged this.....

meryll83
10-25-2007, 06:17 AM
Ok, so I thought SBP was the one, but having walked past on our recent holiday, I felt a bit uncomfortable with how close all the park/resort guests are just walking past.
Possibly leaning towards the WP now, although it is an extra expense.

Definitely interested in LSS for the reception, although the Attic looks really cute.

Question - if the reception is at LSS and the dessert party is at the Italy isola (I'm pretty definite about this one!:lmao: ), are you allowed to walk it, or do you still have to use the coach hire and go via backstage? Seems like an extra expense that may be enforced here!

HolyCowImADisneyBrde
10-25-2007, 07:39 AM
I was wondering about that too, as we're also having our reception at LSS and having a Desert Party (Lower UK), but my DF reminded me that we have to have the bus rented anyway to take our guests back to their hotels. I don't know if this is the same in your situation, but definitely something I never thought about. I'm all about trying to budget and cut corners any way I can at this point! :rotfl:

helloirishkitty
10-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Ok, so I though SBP was the one, but having walked past on our recent holiday, I felt a bit uncomfortable with how close all the park/resort guests are just walking past.
Possibly leaning towards the WP now, although it is an extra expense.

Definitely interested in LSS for the reception, although the Attic looks really cute.

Question - if the reception is at LSS and the dessert party is at the Italy isola (I'm pretty definite about this one!:lmao: ), are you allowed to walk it, or do you still have to use the coach hire and go via backstage? Seems like an extra expense that may be enforced here!

That's exactly why I'm leaning towards the WP over SBP. I dunno how comfortable I'd be with random people making lots of noise near my wedding... heh. :)

caryndisneydiva
10-25-2007, 10:06 AM
That's exactly why I'm leaning towards the WP over SBP. I dunno how comfortable I'd be with random people making lots of noise near my wedding... heh. :)

i started a thread about sbp noise and a bunch of brides say it's no big deal at all...it was definitely a concern of mine, i wanted to have my wedding at the bw, since that's where df and i met, i originally wanted it in the garden on the bw inn side, but they don't do weddings there anymroe since they had to take a tree out :confused:...so sbp was my only choice...

meryll83
10-25-2007, 10:13 AM
I was wondering about that too, as we're also having our reception at LSS and having a Desert Party (Lower UK), but my DF reminded me that we have to have the bus rented anyway to take our guests back to their hotels. I don't know if this is the same in your situation, but definitely something I never thought about. I'm all about trying to budget and cut corners any way I can at this point! :rotfl:

It just seems that if, for example the wedding was at say 2.30pm, and your dessert party finishes after Illuminations is over, that's a looooong time to be hiring a coach for.
Although if it goes per hour, it might be cheaper than hiring a coach twice (if you get what I mean - once for the afternoon and then again for the evening).
Not too sure how all this works yet....

i started a thread about sbp noise and a bunch of brides say it's no big deal at all...it was definitely a concern of mine, i wanted to have my wedding at the bw, since that's where df and i met, i originally wanted it in the garden on the bw inn side, but they don't do weddings there anymroe since they had to take a tree out :confused:...so sbp was my only choice...
I'm sure it's not really a big deal, I was just suprised when we walked past and saw a wedding taking place that we were able just to walk freely past. I had assumed it would be more private. Although it would cause havoc to block the route of and force everyone to walk right round the BW and past YC and BC to get to Epcot!
For the same reason I think the YC gazebo is out, all those nosy patrons looking out of their windows! Although I suppose it's pretty quiet during the day.

I do love the Boardwalk area though.... :love: We spent a lot of time round this area on this last trip.

I know Simon also loved Sunset Pointe, but it looks like we have about 30 guests wanting to attend now so unfortunately this one is out. Incidentally, Simon keeps saying he's going to leave everything to me, don't worry I'm going to run all the decisions by him anyway though, giving me a free reign could be dangerous :thumbsup2

I'm not sure if there's anywhere else I really fancy, that's why I need to do some more research on the Wedding Pavilion. Or am I forgetting any other locations?

cappygirl
10-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Hey - I saw you were asking about October weddings. I just got married on October 15th and it was perfect! The weather was beautiful - the humidity broke and it was warm and sunny. And the parks really were not crowded at all! I think we waited for about 15 minutes the most for rides. It was great!

meryll83
10-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Hey - I saw you were asking about October weddings. I just got married on October 15th and it was perfect! The weather was beautiful - the humidity broke and it was warm and sunny. And the parks really were not crowded at all! I think we waited for about 15 minutes the most for rides. It was great!

We just came back from WDW on October 13th and we found the same, other than the Columbus Day weekend, the crowds were easily manageable.
I'm wondering how busy it's been the past week as this was our UK school half term, and when we are planning to go for the wedding.....

meryll83
10-26-2007, 01:46 AM
Ok, I found some ideas of how I would like my hair done on the big day.
Trouble is, I would like it half up half down (probably with some loose at the front so it's not too severely scraped off my face) with flowers in the part thats up, and a veil coming from under the up part - if that makes sense - the piccies will probably help!
I have very thick hair (although it's not quite as long as on the first pic I posted now, I'll try and find an up to date one, as I normally have naturally curly hair too but I've straightened it on the pic I posted and my avatar), so there should be plenty of it to play with, but I worry if it will look too much with the flowers and veil, what do you think?
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/hair.jpg
The front fringey bit and down part of the hair being most like the last picture, the veil coming out like pictures 1 and 2 and the flowers probably most like 7 or 8, just on the top section above the veil.

meryll83
10-26-2007, 02:00 AM
I finally managed to figure out the issues I was having with Paint on my home PC, so here are some Bridesmaids Dresses I like, in the colour I'm thinking....
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/after6-1.jpg
This is the one (above) I pinched from TamTab's PJ, but now in my colours - thanks Tammy!
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/snowwhite.jpg
From the Disney Maidens collection, so may not be a possibity as I think there is one shop down South that stocks these and it's too far for us to travel :sad1:, but perhaps we can find something similar a bit closer to home.
I love the colour of this one though.

The next two are a couple of styles I like again, although I'm not sure the second is quite "bridesmaidy" enough:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/after64-1.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/dessy-1.jpg
Not sure which sash colour on the next one, white to compliment the wedding dress, or pink if some of the floral includes pink...
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/after63-1.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/after62-1.jpg
I also like the style of this last one, but there wasn't an option to see various colours, but again, imagine it in the red.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/alfsung-1.jpg

I would like my bouquet to match the red colour I've been using, with some white accents, and the bridesmaids bouquets to be white with some red accents if possible, just to tie everything in.
Maybe having a little bit of pink in there too but not sure as yet.
Does Disney send a powerpoint presentation for floral like they do for the cake? Does anyone have a copy of this or anything that they do send to help you select your bouquets and other floral?

I also found another bridal gown I quite liked, this one I thought might be more appropriate for the climate, but I think I still prefer dress 1.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/dessyuk-1.jpg

meryll83
10-26-2007, 02:24 AM
Thanks to Caryn, (and the cake thread!) I can now decide on more than just flavours!
Seeing as though the wedding itself isn't going to be "obviously Disney" :earsboy: I'd quite like the cake to have a bit of Disneyness about it.

Incidentally, that reminds me, I know I'd like some crystal Mickey's in the bouquets, but I remember seeing some posts a while back about a bridal purse you can get with crystal Mickey's on it. Does anyone know anything about these (link to the concerned thread or piccies would be fab!) and how to get hold of one? Thanks - sorry for the sidetrack there!

I think this one is lovely if we are having the LSS for the reception:
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/ronnieronjon/DisneyCakes/CoralAndShells-LightDecoration.jpg
But I suppose it doesn't match with any of the colours I've planned.:sad1:

This one, on the other hand, completely matches the colour scheme:
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/ronnieronjon/DisneyCakes/DrapedLinen-FreshFloral.jpg
But doesn't have any, even subtle, Disneyness in it. Although I suppose we could have a castle or something on top instead of the group of roses.:idea:

This one is also very pretty:
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/ronnieronjon/DisneyCakes/RosesAndDrapes.jpg

Does anyone know what sort of price we're talking for something like these?
Currently working on the figure of around 30 guests, so I don't know how many layers we'd need or if you're supposed to cater for so many more or whatever? I didn't think we would be able to transport any home!
And can I have my flavours inside, or are there any limitations with certain cakes?

Sorry for all the questions, I did warn you all in the thread title though, maybe I should alter it to "subscribe at your own risk"!

orangetiggs
10-26-2007, 02:34 AM
with a custome wedding the min you can get a cake for is 50 people. I just got the cake cd with the pricing buit its at home. they range from around$8 to $16.50 per person!!! the mad hatter cake 2 tier one is $450 and again that serves 50.

We only have 30 going as well and maybe a few less but I think you can take the cake with you once its all finished and eat it the following day maybe

caryndisneydiva
10-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Incidentally, that reminds me, I know I'd like some crystal Mickey's in the bouquets, but I remember seeing some posts a while back about a bridal purse you can get with crystal Mickey's on it. Does anyone know anything about these (link to the concerned thread or piccies would be fab!) and how to get hold of one? Thanks - sorry for the sidetrack there!

i can't find my cake pricing sheet, but about the mickey bag,you can get it o the dftw website or through disney floral!

meryll83
10-27-2007, 03:47 PM
but about the mickey bag,you can get it o the dftw website
Do you have a link at all Caryn?
I can't find it? :confused:

caryndisneydiva
10-27-2007, 05:14 PM
here's the link http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/site/wed/cus/rec/gifts.jsp

you can order it through disney floral, or i even saw one on ebay a few weeks back...

meryll83
10-28-2007, 11:18 AM
It's still not a great picture, it sparkles too much! - but at least you get the idea:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/ring.jpg
It's 14k gold and has three diamonds, I think the lady in the shop said the diamonds were 3/4 of a carat (does that sound right - I'm not really a jewellry person so I don't really understand what these things mean?!)

This is the closest picture I can find from the jewellers catalogue - except mine has the gold band:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/ring-1.jpg

meryll83
10-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Ok so whilst doing photographer research, I came across this photograph, this is the sort of bouquet I'm after, with the Bridesmaids hopefully having something in reverse colours....
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/bouquet.jpg
I left the bride in the picture as I like how she has her hair - hope she doesn't mind!

Ooh and I've just found another - I fell in love with this bouquet a looooong time ago when I was looking through TR's to see what a Disney wedding involved.
I really love this bouquet, unfortunately I only have a screen dump of the picture and it hasn't saved very well as an image, and I can't remember the name of the bride who's TR it is! (Useful huh?!) here goes though:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/blurredbouquet.jpg

meryll83
10-29-2007, 01:06 PM
OK, so the boys have already decided they're going to drink their way around the world in Epcot, so I'm wondering what would be a fun idea for us girls to do whilst this is taking place?
Presumably the boys will have to start in the afternoon if Epcot closes at 9pm, so Pleasure Island wouldn't happen until later on.
What could we do from say 5pm-9pm latest and then perhaps meet up with the boys at PI for a bit of Adventurer's Club action?!!

Ticky Toria 78
10-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Congratulations on your engagement!

Your choice of cake is excellent, we had the Almond cake with amaretto mousse filling and it was delicious!!!

Happy planning!:cheer2:

lpizzuro123
10-31-2007, 08:19 AM
WHAT IS IT? Celebrate the spirit of aloha, as well as the sights, sounds and tastes of timeless Polynesia. Enjoy traditional Polynesia music as well as the Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride from Lilo and Stitch in an open air theatre.

Tropical Mixed Greens with Mango Poppy Seed Dressing
Pineapple-coconut Bread
Sweet Golden Pineapple

Island Barbecued Pork Ribs
Lanai Roasted Chicken
Polynesian Rice
Fresh Seasonal Vegetables

Tropical Beverages

All you can drink:
Bud and Bud Light Draft Beer
Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay
Tea, Coffee, Milk, Pink Lemonade, Sprite, Coke, Diet Coke
Hot or Iced Tea and Milk

Dessert - Kilauea Volcano Delight

For Kids (3-9)
Macaroni and Cheese
Chicken Nuggets
Peanut Butter and Jelly
Hot Dogs

WHEN IS IT? There are two shows every Tuesday through Saturday at 5:15 and 8:00 p.m. The shows last approximately two hours.

PRICING/SEATING: The Spirit of Aloha dinner show began new tiered pricing on January 1, 2007. Reservations may be made 180 days in advance.

Category 1 Adults (10 and up) $58.99 including tax and gratuity
Children (3-9) $29.99 including tax and gratuity
Infants (0-2) No charge

Category 2 Adults (10 and up) $54.99 including tax and gratuity
Children (3-9) $26.99 including tax and gratuity
Infants (0-2) No charge

Category 3 Adults (10 and up) $50.99 including tax and gratuity
Children (3-9) $25.99 including tax and gratuity
Infants (0-2) No charge

Linda

caryndisneydiva
10-31-2007, 08:41 AM
why don't you drink around the world the opposite way???

meryll83
10-31-2007, 10:19 AM
WHAT IS IT? Celebrate the spirit of aloha, as well as the sights, sounds and tastes of timeless Polynesia. Enjoy traditional Polynesia music as well as the Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride from Lilo and Stitch in an open air theatre.

This sounds cool but I'm quite a fussy eater, I'm not sure I'd enjoy the menu.

However, it might be worth the sacrifice because I'm sure it''s just me that's that fussy and everyone else would probably really love it.
why don't you drink around the world the opposite way???

I thought about this, but we'd probably collapse half way!!
Still might be a go-er though.....

TamTab
10-31-2007, 10:53 AM
If money isn't an issue you could always go see Cirque du Soliel. La Nouba has a show at 6pm in downtown Disney. I've been to it twice and really loved it.

You could also do something silly like head to MK and see who can meet the most characters and have their pictures done with them. :rotfl:

or have like a scavanger hunt around one of the parks? :confused3

just some ideas :laughing:

meryll83
11-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Ok, so jumping forward in the planning here a bit you may think, but we have decided to do the 3 night Disney Cruise at the end of our WDW trip to give us a kind of seperate honeymoon experience, and I've discovered this will actually be the first thing we can book!

From the rumours circulating at the moment, itineraries are expected to be released any time from now - December, with the cruises actually going on sale in January - so not long to wait at all for this really! :boat:

I think we are just going to go with the basic category 12 cabin, as with it only being a short cruise I don't think we'll be spending enough time in the cabin for it to be worth the additional expense.

Just received the cruise planning DVD I requested from Disney yesterday, so we've been clueing ourselves up with that, this is actually our first time on any cruise so I've been pestering those gurus on the cruise board for their knowledge already!

So now I am just waiting for Si's parents to confirm their half term dates.
That means we would need to travel out on the Sat for them to have a week away and be back on Sunday in time for college on the Monday, which in turn means, given the cruise sailing days, that me and Si would have to cruise at the end of the 2nd week. That would get us back in the UK for Monday, so think we would probably treat ourselves to the Tuesday off work as well!

So now we just have to hope that when the cruise itineraries are released this date comes up!!

We have had to rule out the New York trip we were thinking of squeezing in after the cruise, just for that reason. Too much of a squeeze based on the dates we have to work with and holiday time we would reasonably want to take off from work. The same problems arises whether we look at a 3 or 4 night cruise, and 7 would just be too long for our plans.
We would either have to take more days holiday than we wanted or reduce our time staying at WDW, which we wouldn't want to rush, particularly as we like to do a couple of days at Universal whilst staying in WDW.
One day though we will hit the Big Apple I'm sure. It's those pesky Disney short cruises, who do they think they are only departing twice a week! :rolleyes:

Kristen14
11-06-2007, 02:27 PM
I just found your PJ, so I'm a little behind. :) In response to your question about renting the motorcoach for your reception and desert party... your time block starts when you pick up guests at the resorts (for my 2:30 ceremony it starts at 1:30), the buses hold thru the ceremony and then take guests to the LSS for the reception. They are on standby for the entire reception in case people need to leave early. The reception is 5hrs (including pre-reception) so mine will end at 8:30pm and the guests would be driven straight from the LSS to Italy Isola for the desert party. Unfortunately you must have the bus for the entire time block, unless your guests all have park tickets for the day.

meryll83
11-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Ok, so backtracking again now to locations.

I'm worried that the locations we are still pondering over at the minute may be too large for the amount of guests and will drown everyone.

The WP for example, seats a whopping 300 people according to mouseweddings.com. I think there may be about 30 of us in total!

The LSS seats 84, getting better.....

And the Italy Isola maxs at 100 - going up again. :sad2:

Will this be as bad as I think and should we be looking at smaller locations?
Or will a bit of space just let us all strecth out a bit? :rolleyes:

The ceremony location obviously has the hugest difference, but I'm not sure of any other location options that we would like. Loved SP, but too small, not sure about the proximity of other guests at SBP, YCG again I'm not sure about having people watching from their rooms, but other than the WP I'm not sure I'd like the cermony to be indoors in a ballroom or such. Wouldn't want an in-park wedding coz of the early/late hours - is that it? Are we out of options? :confused:

meryll83
11-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I just found your PJ, so I'm a little behind. :) In response to your question about renting the motorcoach for your reception and desert party... your time block starts when you pick up guests at the resorts (for my 2:30 ceremony it starts at 1:30), the buses hold thru the ceremony and then take guests to the LSS for the reception. They are on standby for the entire reception in case people need to leave early. The reception is 5hrs (including pre-reception) so mine will end at 8:30pm and the guests would be driven straight from the LSS to Italy Isola for the desert party. Unfortunately you must have the bus for the entire time block, unless your guests all have park tickets for the day.

Thanks Kristen,
I'm grateful for any responses to anything I've asked, however long ago!
So what happens at the end of the day, after the dessert party?
Do the coaches have to be hired right through until the end of that also?
Alternatively, if guests are using park passes can they just roam freely from the LSS?

Kristen14
11-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Btw.. the Coral and Shells cake, the first one of your pics, is 8.50 per person.

Kristen14
11-06-2007, 02:58 PM
At the end of the desert party the buses will take guests back to wherever they want to go (pleaseure island, resorts, etc.). My buses stop an hour after the reception ends. Yes, they must be hired thru the end of the desert party as well.

I'm not positive how they handle guests with park tickets, but there are Disney Cast Members at the LSS as "hosts" so I assume if you show the CM's the tickets that they'll be able to roam free.

meryll83
11-06-2007, 03:02 PM
So I think there is a set charge for the coach isn't there and then do you pay by the hour after that?
Can you remember how much the charges are?

Eeyore's Tailfinder
11-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Hey Meryll! Congratulations!! I love your PJ so far!

How did you get hold of a DCL DVD? I've checked DCL about a gazillion times and they only send out to USA and Canada :(

Kristen14
11-06-2007, 07:22 PM
So I think there is a set charge for the coach isn't there and then do you pay by the hour after that?
Can you remember how much the charges are?

Mine was $803 for 8hrs. I cut it down to 7hrs, and its around $700. I cant remember exactly and I only have my old BEO at home with me. But roughly its $100/hr.

Dont worry about location size. I've seen plenty of brides who've had only one or two guests at the WP. There's also been a few girls who've had only 30 or 40 guests at the LSS. As for the desert party, there are locations that are smaller than Italy... unless you're really set on that specific venue.

meryll83
11-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Hey Meryll! Congratulations!! I love your PJ so far!

How did you get hold of a DCL DVD? I've checked DCL about a gazillion times and they only send out to USA and Canada :(

Thank you! :goodvibes
I know, I'd looked previously and noticed we couldn't get the DVD over here too!
Using the 'Contact Us' section on the DCL website I had sent an message with a couple of question I had regarding booking of a cruise, and I also asked if they had any planning info for us in the UK and put my postal address at the bottom.
When I got my response back they said they had forwarded my address on to whoever regarding the planning info request.
DVD and accompanying brochure arrrived about a week later by FedEx. I think the DVD must be region free as I don't remember setting up our newest DVD player to accept all region DVD's.
It's funny coz I'm sure I asked about UK planning info a long while back and they told me they didn't have any, but hey, go for it now while it's hot! :thumbsup2

Mine was $803 for 8hrs. I cut it down to 7hrs, and its around $700. I cant remember exactly and I only have my old BEO at home with me. But roughly its $100/hr.

Dont worry about location size. I've seen plenty of brides who've had only one or two guests at the WP. There's also been a few girls who've had only 30 or 40 guests at the LSS. As for the desert party, there are locations that are smaller than Italy... unless you're really set on that specific venue.
Cool thanks for that, I'm trying to get a rough idea of budget after speaking to my dad at the weekend when he asked if I would want to know how much him and my mum would put towards the wedding :woohoo: Yes please I would! He said they might stretch to £500, he was joking though. I hope :eek: It's hard though coz I have to remember that everyone has their own holiday to pay for as well.
I've also been trying to figure out what's taxable and what has a service charge to know how much over the minimum $10k we will be spending before we start!

I'd completely forgotten that me and Si would get annual passes though, so that knocks almost £400 off our personal holiday budget to start with! Is there a list anywhere of discounts/benefits available to annual passholders? If we're only going to get one trip out of it, I want to milk it for all it's worth!!
I need to remember though, it's not an officially published perk, is it, getting the annual passes? I suppose they could be withdrawn at any time :sad2: Has this offer been going for a long time though?

We had originally thought about one of the UK terraces for the dessert party, but when we've recently been to WDW I just loved how the Italy isola feels like it's own seperate island and seemed to be really central.
Is there a country that's better than the others for viewing Illuminations?

Back to the conversation with my dad, we met up with my parents for my dad's birthday at the weekend, and as I was telling Summer when I crashed her thread (sorry hun!) I think I've managed to get my mum out of flat out refusing to fly to Florida, she still needs working on though, but my Dad says if I don't push her too much she may come around. She says she's not scared of flying she just doesn't like it, especially on such a long flight. Sigh. :rolleyes2
She was forcing me to eat some carrots at the meal (some things never change however old you get!:lmao:) so I was like "Ok, I eat the carrot, you come to Florida".
Well maybe we're making progress gradually, I just can't imagine her not being there though....

meryll83
11-07-2007, 02:00 AM
Ok, so presuming me and Si will still get the annual passes, and after doing some research on the benefits, I have a couple of questions:

1) Is what we receive actually an unactivated voucher? Can benefits not be used until the voucher is activated and if this is the case, is there any way to activate the pass before we leave?

2) The reason for the above question, relates to the next one - if we can use pass benefits before we leave, would we get better room rates for ourselves with the annual passholder discount, or with the DFTW discount?

3) Depending on finances, we may take everyone to Le Cellier one day to take advantage of the 10% off lunch. If we have a pass each does that mean six guests can also enjoy the discount (3 guests per each of us with a pass)?

4) Again this may relate to the first question, but to take advantage of the discount MNSSHP / MVMCP and the Disney Tours, if the voucher is unactivated, can we still book these events once the pass is activated when we arrive and will the tickets be collectable at WDW instead of being mailed out? I worry though that the events may sell out, if eg we have friends and family get tickets for a specific night and we say "we'll buy ours there" and end up not being able to get tickets.

Ok, so maybe more than a couple of questions there!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
11-07-2007, 02:56 AM
Thanks Meryll! Sorry for crashing your thread a bit! Just booked our cruise yesterday, so I'm so excited!

I can't answer your annual pass questions, but I am looking forward to more planning stuff :teeth:

meryll83
11-07-2007, 04:48 AM
Thanks Meryll! Sorry for crashing your thread a bit! Just booked our cruise yesterday, so I'm so excited!

I can't answer your annual pass questions, but I am looking forward to more planning stuff :teeth:

Ooooh how exciting!!!

I'll forgive you for thread crashing if you help me out with the cruise stuff!
I've already started a thread over on the cruise board, but if anyone doesn't know something there, I'm coming after you!!

B2B-2008
11-07-2007, 05:41 AM
I wouldn't worry about your guest count in the WP. We have booked the WP and we only have 10 guests and most of them are in the bridal party.

Don't give up on your Mum my Dad said he would never fly to Florida and we even went as far as booking our wedding in England as I didn't want to get married without my parents there. When he saw how sad this was making me he soon changed his mind and let me live my dream of a DFTW :cool1:

Kristen14
11-07-2007, 08:46 AM
I've also been trying to figure out what's taxable and what has a service charge to know how much over the minimum $10k we will be spending before we start!

I know exactly what you mean. I didnt find these boards until months after I started planning, and It was hard to figure out all the hidden charges. I have my new BEO right in front of me, so I can tell you exactly whats taxable and what isnt.

The wedding pavilion and LSS are both taxable (6.5%), but the DJ is not and neither is the transportation (vintage car, limo or motorcoaches). I can't figure out why the WP & LSS would be taxed and I'm afraid to ask my EM just in case she made a mistake by not taxing the transportation ;) By the way, my 7hr motorcoach is $714.

Floral is taxed and i'm being charged $100 in delivery and set fees.

Cake is taxed also, theres no service charge, but there is a "handling fee" of $117 that is taxed.:confused3

Then all the food, drinks, etc at the reception is taxed and then the 20% service charge (tip) is added also.

Not sure how long the AP's have been given out for. I'm thinking it's more of a "gift" instead of something everyone is guaranteed to get. I dont think they advertise the free AP's. You could always ask your coordinator, say that a friend of yours had a DFTW and got AP's ;)

Every country is a great place to watch illuminations, the show takes place on the lake that all the countries sit around.

1) You'll receive a little green paper that you turn in to get your AP. You probably dont want to activate it until you get there, it only takes a minute and its good for a year, so maybe you could use it for your 1st anniversary.

2) The DFTW discount is about the same as the AP discount. Depending on when you go, your DFTW discount may be better. If you're really looking to save money, look into renting DVC points from someone.

3) Not sure what you mean by a pass & guest. Is this an AP discount?

4) Ask your EM, maybe they can book for you and you can just pick it up and show your AP when you pick it up. There really is no way to activate before getting to the parks, you need to do it at guest services.

meryll83
11-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Kristen!

Thanks for all the advice there! It's really really useful to know.

I could ask a wedding co-ordinator these questions but with 2 years to go I don't think they'd even entertain me just yet. :sad2: I'm going to call at 18 months out and hope they'll let me get registered then.

I've only seen Illuminations from round near the Outpost, and I know that wasn't THE greatest view, I just wondered where the best spots seemed to be.

Yeah the Le Cellier question (number 3!) was regarding annual pass discounts also.

meryll83
11-07-2007, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't worry about your guest count in the WP. We have booked the WP and we only have 10 guests and most of them are in the bridal party.

Don't give up on your Mum my Dad said he would never fly to Florida and we even went as far as booking our wedding in England as I didn't want to get married without my parents there. When he saw how sad this was making me he soon changed his mind and let me live my dream of a DFTW :cool1:

It's good to know I'm not alone here in both respects!
Thanks for the reassurance :goodvibes

Kristen14
11-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Kristen!

Thanks for all the advice there! It's really really useful to know.

I could ask a wedding co-ordinator these questions but with 2 years to go I don't think they'd even entertain me just yet. :sad2: I'm going to call at 18 months out and hope they'll let me get registered then.

I've only seen Illuminations from round near the Outpost, and I know that wasn't THE greatest view, I just wondered where the best spots seemed to be.

Yeah the Le Cellier question (number 3!) was regarding annual pass discounts also.

I'm glad I could help! I'm sure if you have 3 annual passes it means 6 discounts (if the discount is for you and a guest). You may just have to be creative with the way the checks are done.

BaBeeCee14
11-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi Meryll83! Just found your PJ and everything looks great so far! I was having trouble finding some hairstyles that I liked, but the ones you found are really pretty. I might have to borrow some of those. :goodvibes

meryll83
11-08-2007, 01:34 AM
I'm glad I could help! I'm sure if you have 3 annual passes it means 6 discounts (if the discount is for you and a guest). You may just have to be creative with the way the checks are done.

Oooh I just re-read and it says 10% discount for the passholder and up to 3 guests. So that would be 8 discounted meals in total if 2 of us have annual passes!

Hi Meryll83! Just found your PJ and everything looks great so far! I was having trouble finding some hairstyles that I liked, but the ones you found are really pretty. I might have to borrow some of those. :goodvibes
Borrow away! I haven't yet decided on who to book to do hair and make up, but if I show these pictures to whoever I go for I'm hoping they can get what I'm going for.
I'm wondering whether to use fresh of fake floral in my hair, I suppose the fake ones would last longer, especially if we do the MK shoot a couple of days later, rather than getting more fresh flowers in. Need to find some good looking fake flowers though as I'm sure fresh ones would look a whole lot prettier and at least match the bouquet flowers! Does Disney deliver personal flowers to the hotel rooms? And at what time before you need to be heading out to the ceremony?
And while I'm bringing up the MK shoot, are people opting for doing their own hair and make up on these days or getting the stylist back in? Will they come out that early as I worry my attempt to recreate style would go far, far astray!:rotfl2:I thought it would be a good idea to do it on the weddding day and then the hair and make up doesn't need to be done again, but I didn't realise my inner voice would be such a traditionalist and tell me the bride and groom can't see each other before the wedding! :bride::scared1::groom:

meryll83
11-08-2007, 02:31 AM
Ok, so on to the next big question.....

Are there certain time slots that are pre-set?

And do these differ depending on location?

I've been playing on the wishbook and noticed that if I put the ceremony 'Before 2pm' with the settings currently chosen it was about $1000 cheaper than the 'After 2pm' option.
Can you have it actually AT 2pm? Does this class as before 2? Think we'l be going for 1:59pm to be on the safe side!! :rotfl:

Seriously though, I'd prefer it to be as late as possible, but within the cheaper earlier time frame! I'd rather have the extra $1000 to spend on other neccessities than spend it on what time of day it is!

I also notice you can't seem to add on dessert parties or floral decoration for the ceremony. I suppose these are all things that get added on with the wedding planner. Are they forthcoming with keeping you up to date with what your budget is as you go along? There are all these little things you can't see on the wishbook that are going to add up considerably - the cake, the meal choice, it goes on and on!

orangetiggs
11-08-2007, 02:51 AM
we are having a 2:30 at the wp i think the alstest was 7pm when we asked and there is a 5:30 slot as well. with the wish book as long as your reception starts before 2pm you get that cheaper bit anything after 2pm its more expensive. to be honest the wishbook is not very good as its not up to date with the prices and mine is not even unlocked and we have contracted.
The cakes range from around$8 a slice to $16.50 a slice. we have just got that info sent through. As for floral I have asked about this and got the answer that it will be discussed at our planning session! We then wont really know prices till 6 months out when its locked in!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
11-08-2007, 05:56 AM
As to the Wedding Pavillion, I would definately go for it if that's what you want! Me and DBF took a walk to see it in August and it was really beautiful - it took our breath away! We snooped around the outside before a maid spotted us and opened the door for us to take a look inside... it was gorgeous!!

Here are a few pics I took (sorry that me and DBF are in a few!):

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5339/img7851copyqj0.jpg
WP Far away across the beach

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7151/img7857copyff9.jpg
WP Close Up

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4967/img7864copyax8.jpg
Door to Bride's Vestibule

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2733/img7866copyyv2.jpg
Inside WP

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3210/img7869copymo8.jpg
The main window close-up

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7449/img7870copyji1.jpg
Looking back from the 'altar' towards the door (you can just see the door to the Bride's Vestibule through the open door - opposite the WP)

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5562/img7871copyiz0.jpg
Where the Magic happens!

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7203/img7875copylw8.jpg
Groom's Room

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4674/img7876copypy2.jpg
Groom's Room

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5686/img7877copygd3.jpg
Posh bathroom in Groom's Room

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/629/img7878copyag9.jpg
DBF outside Groom's Room

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8066/img7880copykv9.jpg
Looking into the WP through both doors - Groom's Room is through the first door and to the left if I remember. Bathroom is on the right.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9803/img7881copymv6.jpg
Bride's Vestibule - Rose Room

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/218/img7882copyig9.jpg
Doors to Bride's Vestibule - it splits into 2 rooms through the doors

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/5093/img7885copycd2.jpg
Bench overlooking Poly - good photo point

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/9407/img7889copybl3.jpg
Another good photo point

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3651/img7897copyol5.jpg
Outside the WP, looking onto the 'Wedding Announcements' Board and towards the bridge.

I have a ton of more photos but they're all on DBF's laptop. This definately where we're getting married!

meryll83
11-08-2007, 07:13 AM
with the wish book as long as your reception starts before 2pm you get that cheaper bit anything after 2pm its more expensive. to be honest the wishbook is not very good as its not up to date with the prices and mine is not even unlocked and we have contracted.Hmmmm.... the wish book says ceremony after or before 2pm, does it actually mean reception? As this would be at least an hour later wouldn't it?
I take it they don't honour any of the wishbook prices, they are bound to have a disclaimer somewhere saying prices may change I presume?
I did ring DFTW as soon as we came back from our hols and the girl I spoke to just sounded appalled that I had rung so early (ok so it was over 2 years away at that point!:rotfl:) and told me to look at the wishbook. She really wasn't any more help than that. I understand that they won't take info so far out, but I'm wondering when will be a safe bet to give it another go and try and get some "real" prices. 18 months out?
As for floral I have asked about this and got the answer that it will be discussed at our planning session! We then wont really know prices till 6 months out when its locked in!
And if you aren't having a planning session? I wonder if there is a timescale for this or if they would send details out once contracts are signed...

As to the Wedding Pavillion, I would definately go for it if that's what you want! Me and DBF took a walk to see it in August and it was really beautiful - it took our breath away! We snooped around the outside before a maid spotted us and opened the door for us to take a look inside... it was gorgeous!!

Here are a few pics I took (sorry that me and DBF are in a few!):
I have a ton of more photos but they're all on DBF's laptop. This definately where we're getting married!
Thanks for these pictures - it does look beautiful. Disney brides must get the most stunning photos of any!

What colours are actually in the carpet, is it green and pink? Not that it really matters I suppose, I'm sure it's designed not to clash with anything!

I notice that the sign you have a picture of says 'Wedding Rehearsal', does everyone have one of these or is it an optional extra? Or could it be something that is involved if you have a planning session?
Omigod, what would I do without these boards!

TamTab
11-08-2007, 07:28 AM
If I can remember correctly I believe the times offered for ceremony's are 9:30am, 12pm, 2:30pm, 5pm and 7:30pm. Once you pick a time they will work with you on reception times.

orangetiggs
11-08-2007, 07:51 AM
I got penciled inat 18 months out bu that was with alot of pushing. I then got to talk with a consultant and then they saw me through the contract part and then I got my planner. When we spoke about that its mainly for the 10, 12 ceremony times for the before 2pm amounts

meryll83
11-08-2007, 08:55 AM
I got penciled inat 18 months out bu that was with alot of pushing. I then got to talk with a consultant and then they saw me through the contract part and then I got my planner. When we spoke about that its mainly for the 10, 12 ceremony times for the before 2pm amounts
What finally tipped them over the edge to letting you get pencilled in?

Hmmm I'm wondering if even with a 2.30pm ceremony, would that be ok for guests to stay right through til the dessert party or whether they would need a break for a couple of hours. I suppose it's not enough time for them to go back to a hotel though really.

What time do dessert parties begin?

Eg, if that starts at say 7.30pm, then the reception could be from 4.30pm, with the ceremony at 2.30pm I guess. 12.30pm would be nice though if it would make it a wee bit cheaper. Maybe I should just stop being tight! :rotfl:

Do these sound like reasonable timescales or should I allow longer/less at some locations?

lpizzuro123
11-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Desert parties begin 30 minutes prior to the event. So, if you are doing an IllumiNations Desert Party and IllumiNations begins at 9:00 - your party will begin at 8:30. Not sure what time you would need to get everybody rounded up by. I would think you should be in the park by 8:00 to give you enough time to get over to your party location.

We are planning a 9:00 ceremony in Epcot, a pre-reception in either ADH or Ariels to begin at 10:00, our reception to go from 11:00 to 3:00 and then giving our guest time to either go back to their hotel to relax and use the pool or head to one of the parks for a few hours and then getting back together around 7:30.

Our site inspection is in two weeks so hopefully the timing of all this works out.

Linda

orangetiggs
11-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Mine runs 2:30-3:30 ceremony. 3:30-4:30 pre reception 4:30-8.30 reception and then 8:30-9.30 dessert party

thats what i can remember off the top of my head

I didnt want a break as we wouldnt have one here so made sure it all ran smoothly

meryll83
11-08-2007, 09:44 AM
So if I allow:

1 hour for ceremony.

1 hour for pre-reception (is this for while we have our photos done? Any suggestions of where would be good for pre-reception if guests are going from WP to LSS for reception and we would probably like some of our photos done around the WP area and possibly the Boardwalk area if Randy lets us!?)

Up to 4 hours for reception.

Break here if there is to be one, I suppose at least 3 hours needed for it to be worthwhile.

Then 8pm for dessert party (does this finish at 9.30pm latest?)

orangetiggs
11-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Yes I'm sure thats how ours goes but all my paperwork is at home adn I'm working so cant remember

i'm not sure where our pereception is just yet but i know that our dessert party starts at 8:30 and i'm thinking of walking from ariels sow e can get some good photos alont the way. We have misty booked for 6 hours but our usher is a photographer over here but he is DF sisters husband so we didnt wantt oask him to take photos all day so he is just doing the dessert party

BaBeeCee14
11-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Meryll,

Did you say you were having your reception at LSS? I believe they have a separate room in the LSS for just the pre-reception.

meryll83
11-08-2007, 10:25 AM
We have misty booked for 6 hours but our usher is a photographer over here but he is DF sisters husband so we didnt wantt oask him to take photos all day so he is just doing the dessert partyThat's mighty handy!

Meryll,

Did you say you were having your reception at LSS? I believe they have a separate room in the LSS for just the pre-reception.So is that! :lmao: Well at least that may be one problem solved pretty quickly if that's the case! We now have a prospective pre-reception location. Now to find some pictures of it....

I'm wondering whether to have a photographer all day, but that might get expensive.
Are there any parts of the day we could manage without one and then perhaps have them return for the dessert party later on?
Mind you, it's only gonna happen once and I don't want anything to get missed!

lpizzuro123
11-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Generally the pre-reception is in the same location as the reception (just in another room). I know for Ariels the Martha Vineyand Lounge is right next door and for ADH they have an upstairs.

Linda

meryll83
11-09-2007, 01:40 AM
OK, so now I'm wondering, if we want some of the wedding party and possibly friends as well to be in the photos we have taken after the ceremony, how would this work with the pre-reception?
I'm thinking if we do group pictures at the WP area and then the guests can go off to the pre-reception after that, we could then go to the BW just the two of us for some photos done in that area.
Does this sound about right?
I don't expect we'd be more than an hour getting to the LSS after we leave the guests.
Is there a minimum time a pre-reception needs to be?

meryll83
11-09-2007, 01:56 AM
I found another bouquet I like whilst looking up Halloween Horror Nights on Theme Park Review of all places!
http://*************************/wedding/ceremony/ceremony14.jpg
But I still like this one best I think:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/blurredbouquet.jpg
I just need to remember where I found the picture so I can get a better close up of it!! This particular picture must have come from a photographer's web site, but I must have linked to it through a message board thread somewhere I'm sure!

And MK Photos
Ok so with the MK Photoshoot, do you just get 12 photo prints and that's it?
Or can you get a CD with all of your photos on?
$800 (or whatever it is now, coz everyone keeps saying the online prices are out of date!) seems rather a lot if you just get a limited number of photos, but I've always wanted the MK portrait session since the idea of a Disney wedding first came up!

meryll83
11-11-2007, 02:39 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the price list for STVS?

meryll83
11-12-2007, 01:37 AM
I'm now caught up in the Misty or Randy trap.

I really like the effects used by Misty and that she offers a CD only package, I also here you get two photographers with her, although whether this still applies for CD only I'm not sure.

I always thought I would go for Randy until I looked at her work. But then a lot of what I like about her work are the special effects, and obviously I would like some standard photos - does anyone know if the CD includes the original photos as well as the altered ones?

Another deciding factor may be the plans I have for our photos. (At the moment anyhow!)
If we are having the ceremony at the WP, then I would like to have all our photos with friends and family around this area and at the beach. I'm then hoping that our guests can go to the pre-reception at the LSS, while me and Si have a quick photo session at the Boardwalk, as this is one of our favourite areas of WDW.
Will either photographer allow this?
And do we need to arrange our own transport there?

I've been wondering about transport in general actually. The guests will have the coach to transport them about, but do the bride and groom have to hire one of the arrival cars for the day to transport them around?

I can see this going waaaaay over the minimums. Shame that the WP adds an extra $1000, but I can't think of any other location that I haven't already ruled out.....
And having the ceremony before 2pm would also help, but I wouldn't know how to fill in the time leading up to the dessert party but I don't think I'd want a break in the middle either.....

orangetiggs
11-12-2007, 03:04 AM
from wht i gather you get all the photos both normal and then any photshopped ones from misty. I got a few of the passwords for her online bit and they include both.

I agree with you about photos we are wanting the same and I think as long as you advise disney it will be fine. when we signed out contract with misty she sent us a sheet of photos we want etc and its a lond list so i dont think you will have any props getting the pics you want. As long as you tell her you want pics at the broadwalk and let disney know I'm sure it wont be a problem.

We are going to stick to the min spend and I think its very doable. i saw someones beo on here with taxes added and when I worked out what we wanted it was under the $10k min and I know it was based on this years prices but it was like$2k under! We are not ahving minnie or mickey or anything like that so i guess that can push the price up but i think its very doable to stay within budget

meryll83
11-12-2007, 04:20 AM
We are going to stick to the min spend and I think its very doable. i saw someones beo on here with taxes added and when I worked out what we wanted it was under the $10k min and I know it was based on this years prices but it was like$2k under! We are not ahving minnie or mickey or anything like that so i guess that can push the price up but i think its very doable to stay within budget

Thanks for the advice on Misty!

We are planning on sticking to the minimums but it's hard whan the majority of what I'm going by price wise is the wishbook, and I'm sure that dessert party / reception / pre-reception prices can vary enormously depending on what food you choose and any drinks packages etc.
Having the WP and the MK photoshoot bumps up the cost a bit, as does the Italy isola (it's site rental fee is higher than many other locations) - guess I just have expensive taste!!

I'm sure all will become much clearer in due course and we can make it work!

orangetiggs
11-12-2007, 04:50 AM
have you got all the menus yet?? I have them to forward if you wnat me to p me your meail address and I'll send them over. Itlay is a higher min number of people i think so you might not be able to have that place so that might bring it down a bit. i wanted itlay as it looks so nice but cant have it *** we only have around 30 going

meryll83
11-12-2007, 06:01 AM
have you got all the menus yet?? I have them to forward if you wnat me to p me your meail address and I'll send them over. Itlay is a higher min number of people i think so you might not be able to have that place so that might bring it down a bit. i wanted itlay as it looks so nice but cant have it *** we only have around 30 going

Thanks hun, I'll PM you my email address now, that would be really useful information to have!

Oh I didn't realise that about Italy :sad2:
I was looking on mouseweddings.com at the info and it only mentioned 100 maximum, it didn't have a minimum like some of the others did. I suppose I should have realised there would be one though.
We have about the same number of guests going, where are you having your dessert party?
I liked that Italy had the 'private island' thing going on with you having to cross the little bridges to get there. Any alternative suggestions?

orangetiggs
11-12-2007, 06:44 AM
I'm just going to send them over now.

We are having ours at uk lower

meryll83
11-12-2007, 07:07 AM
Thanks, I'll have to go through them at home as I can't get on personal email at work!
Looking forward to drooling over the food options later!

How did you manage to convince Disney to pencil you in before the 12 month mark? And how far out exactly was it when you did this?
Was it still at 12 months when you could actually sign the contract?

orangetiggs
11-12-2007, 07:37 AM
I called and spoke to someone who said I could be pencillied in at 18 moonths out, when i then called then said no but i said well i was told that I could and after a little chat! they pencilled me in and then a few days later Heidi called me who would then be our sales consultant. She dealt with everything and was ok but then she was away a few weeks befre we contracted so Bill then took over and he was great.

We could sign our contract at 12 months as we are not using any convention centre places so we could sighn it , ig youa re using places such as GF etc then you cant sign till 8 months.

2 weels after signing the contract we got assigned a planner and the save the dates and website got sent via email for us to proof them, we signed them and faxed it abck and then the website was live and the save the dates were sent (i had to send naems and addresses to them). We then got 10 spare save the dates sent through. This was back at the end of sept around 21st.

Then around 2 weeks ago we got the signed contracts sent back with the annual passes and luggage tags. We also got sent through a cd full of cakes and a music one as well

meryll83
11-12-2007, 08:00 AM
So did you have most of your choices etc mapped out when you spoke to Heidi at 18 months out?

But then it officially gets confirmed when the contract is sent at 12 months out?

What did they actually need to know when before the contract (ie when you first spoke to Heidi) and what do they not need to know until after contracting?

I'll have to see if they'll accept me at 18 months out as well I think, I don't like the idea of not being able to get anything discussed before guests start booking their holidays!!

orangetiggs
11-12-2007, 08:28 AM
I HADNT found this board when i first contacting them so I knew nothing apart from what was on thier site. Theyw ere very helpful and they asked where i wanted it and roughly how many guests i had but theta was about it and I asked loads of things really,c ant rmemeber what exactly now as mos of them i think would have been answered on here if i knew about it then

meryll83
11-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Did they just want the ceremony location at that stage or all locations you intend to use?

Also, do you know how far out you can book Misty? Possibly swaying more towards her than Randy at the moment....

orangetiggs
11-12-2007, 08:35 AM
I think you can book her out at whatever date really, i was worried incase i didt get my dates and she said dont worry we will sort it but i got my dates and it was fine.

Yes just the locations youw anted to use and then she gives her email so i could email her with any questions etc that i had after we spoke. That was the last time i spoke to anyone its been done all over the email since

meryll83
11-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Cool.
When do you get sent information from Disney floral, is this also nearer the time like the cakes and music?

orangetiggs
11-12-2007, 09:19 AM
I have asked about floral but my planner said there is so many options just bring along pics to your planning session! We are also meeting with an outside florist (peddles) when we fly over as well

meryll83
11-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Oh yeah, I remember asking you about this before now coz we probably won't have a planning session so I was wondering what they'd do in this case.

I'm not really a "flower person" to be honest, so I think as long as they know what colours we'd like they can just do their own thing!

I'm hoping to keep the flowers to a minimum really as they seem to be quite an expense.

orangetiggs
11-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Yes we are going to only do a min as well *** theya re really expensive and they die!

meryll83
11-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Yes we are going to only do a min as well *** theya re really expensive and they die!
:rotfl: Well put!!
This is a bit of a general question, but if we were to do the MK shoot say 2 days later, would my bouquet have survives this or would it be looking a bit shoddy?
I don't really want to do an early morning the morning after the wedding if I can help it!
I think I've seen someone mention something about an option "refresh" you can get done - i wonder how much it costs to have that little beauty done?!
I see that there is also a transportation fee if you try and save money by having flowers from the ceremony at the reception or dessert party.
Give them to me, I'll carry them!!

lurkyloo
11-12-2007, 11:34 AM
The floral refresh cost depends on how complex your bouquet is and usually includes a new boutonniere. I was quoted $110, but I have seen brides quoted as low as $75.

What I did was buy a good looking fake bouquet for $18 to use at the Magic Kingdom shoot here: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/peony2.html It looks exactly like one of my bouquet inspiration pictures, and while it may look fake up close, those MK shots are always from so far away, I'm sure it'll look fine! :cutie:

lurkyloo
11-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Ok so with the MK Photoshoot, do you just get 12 photo prints and that's it?
Or can you get a CD with all of your photos on?
$800 (or whatever it is now, coz everyone keeps saying the online prices are out of date!) seems rather a lot if you just get a limited number of photos, but I've always wanted the MK portrait session since the idea of a Disney wedding first came up!

I'm pretty sure that because you're a UK bride, you will get a disk of all your images from the MK shoot for free. It's only the US brides who have to pay extra to buy it, I think cuz they don't want to pay shipping to the UK or something. You also get a 4x6 print (they call them "proofs") of each photo - or at least we do in the US! - and an album with the 12 shots in it at the size you paid for - 4x6 or 5x7.

Regarding transportation, usually you pay for a limo to drive the bride and groom around all day. But if you weren't separating from your guests, you could take the bus with them and save on the limo.

orangetiggs
11-12-2007, 11:52 AM
I have heard that its only the intimate brides from the uk that get the cd free, thats what heidi told me a few months back so this may have changed

meryll83
11-13-2007, 01:42 AM
The floral refresh cost depends on how complex your bouquet is and usually includes a new boutonniere. I was quoted $110, but I have seen brides quoted as low as $75.

What I did was buy a good looking fake bouquet for $18 to use at the Magic Kingdom shoot here: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/peony2.html It looks exactly like one of my bouquet inspiration pictures, and while it may look fake up close, those MK shots are always from so far away, I'm sure it'll look fine! :cutie:
This is true, I've never seen a really close up shot of a bouquet within any MK pics. Could be an option....

I'm pretty sure that because you're a UK bride, you will get a disk of all your images from the MK shoot for free. It's only the US brides who have to pay extra to buy it, I think cuz they don't want to pay shipping to the UK or something. You also get a 4x6 print (they call them "proofs") of each photo - or at least we do in the US! - and an album with the 12 shots in it at the size you paid for - 4x6 or 5x7.
I have heard that its only the intimate brides from the uk that get the cd free, thats what heidi told me a few months back so this may have changed
How much is the CD if you add it on and how many photos would there be in total on this as opposed to the 12 prints you get?
Regarding transportation, usually you pay for a limo to drive the bride and groom around all day. But if you weren't separating from your guests, you could take the bus with them and save on the limo..
Once we get to the reception we will be staying with our guests the rest of the time, so I don't mind getting the bus just to transfer to our dessert party (if we ever decide on a location!) and then back to the hotel. I probably won't look very glamourous hoisting myself up the bus stairs, but I'm really not sure it's worth it to have a limo and a bus being charged all day long.

B2B-2008
11-13-2007, 01:51 AM
How much is the CD if you add it on and how many photos would there be in total on this as opposed to the 12 prints you get?

I have been told that Custom Brides from the UK have to pay $750 for the CD. I don't know how many images that includes.

I am hoping that we can buy this CD after the wedding but I haven't asked that question yet.

meryll83
11-13-2007, 02:45 AM
I have been told that Custom Brides from the UK have to pay $750 for the CD. I don't know how many images that includes.

I am hoping that we can buy this CD after the wedding but I haven't asked that question yet.
Is that on top of the $800 or whatever it is now for the package?
Yikes that seems steep! :eek:

B2B-2008
11-13-2007, 02:57 AM
I have been quoted $1000 for the MK photos and yes it is $750 on top of that for the CD.

orangetiggs
11-13-2007, 02:59 AM
Yes the photo shoot at MK is now $1000 its alot of money but a once in alifetime experience i think

meryll83
11-13-2007, 06:05 AM
I'm really into having CD's to have the copyright and be able to print your own but that is soooooooooooo much more on top of the cost!!

I really want them done as well :sad:

The trouble is, I know that if we are over budget this is one of the first things that Si will think has to go. :sad2:

B2B-2008
11-13-2007, 06:37 AM
I feel I am also having this fight with the budget. I really hope we can buy the CD after the wedding as money won't be so tight then.

meryll83
11-13-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm really excited coz my best friend (and chief bridesmaid!) has just come back from WDW and we've been having a quick chat via email about what her favourite things were and what we can do when we all go back for the wedding.:woohoo:
(She is baywatchextra on here, I think she has only managed one post here so far, I think maybe she's shy so I'm trying to coax her into sharing all on here!! I'm sure I'll drag her down with me!)
We're meeting up on Saturday to have a good old gossip sesh which is great, as it's got me all excited about things again now, whereas I think I have been losing sight of the fun things a bit early and getting bogged down with prices and technical details, I need to remember what an amazing time we'll have in my favourite place!
I'm sure this still isn't going to stop me from having a million and one questions and meticulously going though everything and wanting to know all, but it's good to feel really excited about what we have to look forward to again rather than just contemplating the phsyics of it all! :goodvibes

baywatchextra
11-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Im not shy! I just couldnt remember my password!! :rolleyes1

I have to admit i didnt really 'get' the whole disney thing despite mezz going on n on about it all but after the last 2 weeks i totally get it now!!! i cant wait to go back, im so excited for our planning session on saturday!! Still trying to figure out these boards to you'll have to bear with me!!!! xxx

meryll83
11-14-2007, 01:36 AM
Im not shy! I just couldnt remember my password!! :rolleyes1

:wave2:
Hurray, I knew you'd come over to the Dark Side eventually! :ewok: Don't worry I don't think that anyone bites, they've put up with me so far!

Did you see anything / anywhere in WDW that you thought would be good location / anything else wedding-wise? Maybe I need a fresh pair of eyes on the case.

Oh, did anyone ever find out a price list for STVS, I couldn't seem to find it on their web site?

caryndisneydiva
11-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Once we get to the reception we will be staying with our guests the rest of the time, so I don't mind getting the bus just to transfer to our dessert party (if we ever decide on a location!) and then back to the hotel. I probably won't look very glamourous hoisting myself up the bus stairs, but I'm really not sure it's worth it to have a limo and a bus being charged all day long.

i'm going to hoist myself as well...not sure how well that dress is goign to fit into a bus seat, but we'll see...i really wanted the rolls to get us...

pm me your email (which i thought i had...) and i'll send you stan's prices, i just found them!

meryll83
11-14-2007, 09:12 AM
i'm going to hoist myself as well...not sure how well that dress is goign to fit into a bus seat, but we'll see...i really wanted the rolls to get us...

pm me your email (which i thought i had...) and i'll send you stan's prices, i just found them!
I just realised that the rolls means the Rolls Royce, my first thought was that it was short for Jellyrolls :rotfl:
Yey for hoisting!

I'm PMing you now, thanks for this!

meryll83
11-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Ok, so now I am wondering about the possibility of an Escape ceremony - we have 16 guests confirmed so far, although there are potentially a few more so this may all go out the window very shortly!
4 additional guests won't know until nearer the time if they can go, so I figure they can always just come to the reception and dessert party if they decide to come last minute, then the ceremony can still be Escape.
I'm not sure if it would probably end up costing the same once we add on the guests to the basic Escape package anyway though. Just a thought.
We may go for Sunset Pointe if we have an Escape Ceremony, but if Wishes it has to be, I suppose it is still the WP.

Have been pondering over Morocco as a dessert party location now if we won't be allowed Italy, it looks very pretty. Is this located behind the shop on the lagoon side of the country, I've never seen this area before, I'm assuming it must be closed off and private?

MeowGoddes
11-14-2007, 02:48 PM
I think Sunset Pointe can only hold 10 people total, that includes bride & groom.... I'm doing Escape and am at Sea Breeze Point, since I'm probably going to max out on guests.

Pezalicious
11-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Both Sunrise and Sunset locations are for a max of 10 guests. It's a shame because they're beautiful locations.

meryll83
11-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Oh ok, maybe not then!
I'm not very good at this research lark am I?!

wiserabbit
11-14-2007, 08:09 PM
I've been lurking and wanted to let you know you are doing great with trying to figure out all the details....

Just a couple of items (my DD is getting married 1/4/08). The Italy Isola area can be divided into two separate areas that have a 50 people max...DD is having dessert party there (guest list is 45)....

Also, her ceremony is at the WP and in order to make it look a little more cozy, we are having swags of chiffon and bows tied at each pew lining the aisle, so it looks more "together" and intimate (and it will hide those goofy looking hearts that are carved in the ends of the pews).

Also - they will be riding the bus after the reception with the other guests to the dessert party - she asked her WP about the dress on the bus thing and was told that brides with hoop skirts had had no problems fitting on before...so everything should be OK

Have a great time planning!!!:woohoo:

meryll83
11-15-2007, 01:29 AM
I've been lurking and wanted to let you know you are doing great with trying to figure out all the details....

Just a couple of items (my DD is getting married 1/4/08). The Italy Isola area can be divided into two separate areas that have a 50 people max...DD is having dessert party there (guest list is 45)....

Also, her ceremony is at the WP and in order to make it look a little more cozy, we are having swags of chiffon and bows tied at each pew lining the aisle, so it looks more "together" and intimate (and it will hide those goofy looking hearts that are carved in the ends of the pews).

Also - they will be riding the bus after the reception with the other guests to the dessert party - she asked her WP about the dress on the bus thing and was told that brides with hoop skirts had had no problems fitting on before...so everything should be OK

Have a great time planning!!!:woohoo:

Thanks for your advice! (Don't lurk too much, you've given me some great extra knowledge just in one post!)

I think when it gets nearer the time, I'll ask first about Italy, and mention this split to see if that's possible for our smaller number of guests, but have Morocco (I think!) as a back up so I'm not too disappointed if we're not allowed to do this.

That's a great idea about the swags to keep things more contained, will have to see how the budget is looking closer to the day as I can probably live with this, but if it's an option for us then this sounds the best way to do it.

And another big hurrah for a bride riding the bus - it's the way forward!!

orangetiggs
11-15-2007, 02:28 AM
I'm not even sure you can do morroco with a wishes wedding *** I think thats just for the intimate ones, I only got the option of uk lower when we contracted but it might have changed

meryll83
11-15-2007, 02:32 AM
:sad1: I think I'm going have to be patient (goddamit!) and wait until I call Disney 18 months out.
I always thought the good thing about DFTW's was that there were so many options!
I'll figure it out eventually....

Anyway, poorly today :sick: and I've just called in work, so it's time for me to get back in bed!!

B2B-2008
11-15-2007, 02:37 AM
I'm not even sure you can do morroco with a wishes wedding *** I think thats just for the intimate ones, I only got the option of uk lower when we contracted but it might have changed

I'm having a wishes wedding and I have Morroco booked for my DP, but I only have a low guest count. Morroco has a 20 guest minimum and a 60 guest maximum.

orangetiggs
11-15-2007, 02:45 AM
Oh I was told I couldnt have it and I only have 30 guests! Might see if its free for ours!

B2B-2008
11-15-2007, 02:49 AM
Well we originally wanted UK lower but because of our guest count, only 10 confirmed at the moment including us, they gave it to a convention group on the date we wanted. So Morocco was suggested and I was told they prefer to have smaller groups in that site.

orangetiggs
11-15-2007, 02:57 AM
Yes I just looked at some pics on www.tazfoto.com and I'm a bit concerned about the wall in morroco where as uk lowere is open railings

I cant be doing with another amendment to our contract so I might just leave it!

Are you still having a custom with just 10 confirmed?? We only have around 12 that have booked and i'm slightly worried that other wont book *** they keep putting it off!! I could be saving heaps by having an intimate wedding

B2B-2008
11-15-2007, 03:14 AM
I was worried about the wall around Morocco but I really want a DP and if that is the only place available then so be it. I have seen other brides photos from Morocco and they look fine and as my DF said the fireworks are in the SKY so we will all be looking up.

Yes we are still having the custom we weighed up all the pros and cons. With an intimate package the cost of our wedding was coming up to the $8000 mark with all the extras we wanted without out having a meal booked. I wanted the day to flow nicely and I didn't want to have to worry about having to find a restaurant we all liked and having to carry enough cash for the whole meal on us all day. To have a private room in one of the restaurants we had to have a minimum spend and I wasn't sure if we would hit that. By having a custom everything we have on the day will be paid for and we don't have to carry that much cash on us and I won't be worrying if we are going to run out. Also if our numbers do increase it won't be a major problem we just add them to the list.

That said an escape wedding is right for most people we just didn't feel it was right for us. But I did have to prove to disney the options we were thinking of having so that they would let me talk to a custom wedding consultant .

orangetiggs
11-15-2007, 03:36 AM
Yes I dont think I would have an escape wedding and have to worry about cash etc. to be honest escape wedding didnt even enter our heads even with the few guests we had coming first off. I'm glad we decided the custom route

meryll83
11-16-2007, 03:09 AM
Ok new question -

With the reception menus, plated dinners, the set menus, if you don't like eg. the starter, can you sub this for a different starter or would you have to do your whole menu a la carte?

orangetiggs
11-16-2007, 03:29 AM
I think you can change it and then they just adjust the price, thats the impression i get.

There is som any to choose from! We can only have a buffet as Ariels only does buffet and I know that napa and sonona rooms are different menus as they are the cali grill ones and i dont think they can change much

meryll83
11-16-2007, 07:11 AM
If you have an escape wedding, that just includes the ceremony doesnt it, so can you still have a reception and dessert party added on?
For more than 18 guests if you wish?

I was just having a look at the Escape package, has it changed? I'm sure you used to get the officiant and some room nights included?

orangetiggs
11-16-2007, 08:02 AM
now that i'm not sure of as i was told that you could have a dessert party for more than your wedding guests but i know that people have on here had them i think so i'm not 100%

If you call the weddings team they can answer any questions even though you are so far out, i did as soon as i got engaged at around 2 years out.

you used to get it included but they changed it a while back i think, i know when we looked at them this years ones didnt include it.

sarah_n_brian2006
11-16-2007, 09:15 AM
I can tell you the best place to get the specs on all the sites including some decent pics. mouseweddings.com. They're the greatest and pretty current.

meryll83
11-16-2007, 09:21 AM
I might make a list of my questions and give them a call in the new year.
I think we are now teetering on the possibility of an escape package, but we need our parents to find out if Aunties/Uncles etc are wanting to come to see if our guest numbers will be over or not.

sarah_n_brian, have you got your date pencilled in with Disney already?

Bostonbride6292008
11-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Hello! I made a list of questions for my wedding planner and emailed them to her. It didnt take long. I keep a note pad next to me if I think of anything and then I ask her. It is so helpful!

meryll83
11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Ok, so a long time ago I asked you guys on DISboards if anyone in the UK had plans for the Disney wedding and then another wedding over here.

I ended up figuring this would be far too expensive so I've been kinda settled on the idea of having just an evening do here.

However, as I predicted, my mum has produced the brochure for a local venue, which could cater for a ceremony, reception and wedding do and i'm thinking "Here we go, this is where she tries to persuade me to not have the wedding in Florida".
I stressed my concerns about affording the Florida wedding first, but it seems she isn't dissing this idea, but wants to have at least a blessing here, mainly for family who can't travel, and then a meal and an evening do also.
This is the location she's gunning for:
http://ravenhall.co.uk/views.asp
It is lovely, but she now seems to think that if this happens in the UK, it gets her off the hook for coming to Florida. Sigh.

I shouldn't complain really, she seems to be offering to foot the bill for this UK section, but I've told her that affording the Florida part comes first, I hope she doesn't get too carried away with this UK stuff. I know she likes to feel in control so perhaps this will help, but I still really want her to come to Florida, it'll just seem strange without her there, but I think the chances of her coming are even more remote now she has pulled this out of the hat....:worried:

caryndisneydiva
11-16-2007, 03:58 PM
i'm sorry merryll! i hope your mother can make right decision about being at your florida wedding!!!

orangetiggs
11-16-2007, 04:33 PM
we are having our wedding in florida and then having a blessing here at a church and then a reception so that people whio were not in florida kind of see us get married but its a slighly diff ceremony

meryll83
11-20-2007, 01:48 AM
Ok, so with the guests we have confirmed at the moment, we could actually go down the Escape Collection Route.
I'm attracted to this option as it states you get the 2 annual passes, photography included (although we may sub this for the honeymoon portrait session and have our own photographer), some flowers transport, etc.
The fact this now definately states that annual passes are included makes me worry that they will take this (unofficial) perk off the Wishes Collection though.

However,
I don't like that you don't get a normal reception, eg LSS etc would be a no no and I'd defo still want the dessert party. My first choice of non-reception style restaurant would be Le Cellier, but you can't wear your wedding gear there and I don't want to have to change, I want things to flow smoothly. In this case we might opt for one of the private dining rooms at the Cali Grill, but the minumums seem steep.
It also says that packages at the WP are going up to start from $5000 in 2008, pretty big jump I'd say. Does this mean Wishes Collection packages will jump up too? I haven't seen a mention of this yet?
I'm thinking though, that if Wishes minimums stay as they are, that by the time the extras I want are added on to an Escape package, it might end up costing the same.
I'm not sure I'd have the patience to figure all this out though, as we won't get any official ideas of pricing for our time until I can speak to Disney, and at that stage I'll be concerned about getting the locations we want reserved, not wanting to start comparing costs then. By the sounds of it as well, you would need to speak to two different consultants, an Escape and a Wishes, it all sounds like faff. Generally I am a great comparer of prices to get the best deal, but I didn't realise there would be so many different routes to go down with just choosing the type of wedding!

Any thoughts girlies, on what is the best way forward Collection-wise, based on the ideas I've had so far?

orangetiggs
11-20-2007, 02:35 AM
we went with a custom wedding *** by the time you added everything extra we wanted and the reception dinner it would prop be nearer the min spend anyway, at least with the custom wedding you ahve more flexability and can have the reception. I'm going to stick as close to the min as i can and I think we will have no problems as the one big spend i want is the carriage.

We toyed with the idea of the intimate wedding but thenw e started looking at not really having a proper receptiona dn I would ahve to change etc. I'm sure it suits some poeple to ahve it this way but we really wanted the whole wedding experience and I think if our guest number drops to below 20 i think we will still go ahead with the custom wedding

B2B-2008
11-20-2007, 03:01 AM
As I posted before in your PJ, these are the reasons why we are booking a wishes wedding and our guest count only sits at 8 at the moment. 10 including us.

HolyCowImADisneyBrde
11-20-2007, 03:27 AM
We had originally gone into this whole thing looking at the Escape wedding packages, but like others have said, when we really figured in everything that we wanted to add, the cost wouldnít be that big of a difference. Also, since you can only have 18 guests at the Escape (21 including bride & groom), we were having a hard time because we narrowed down our list as far as we could and we couldnít get it any lower than 22. We talked it over a lot and finally decided that Wishes was the way to go. If we had a reception at home here in Seattle, weíd be having 200+ people. If we have 50 of our close family and friends at a DFTW, the price was still cheaper than it would be for everything at home once you factor in the catering, site fees, honeymoon, etc. We also wanted to make sure that everyone that flies all the way to Orlando for our wedding is getting something really special that theyíd remember. Thatís a big reason why we wanted a Disney wedding anyway Ė we arenít into spending lots of money on something that nobody will remember or appreciate, and we wanted something that would be really fun and special for all involved. Itís really up to you on what you want and whatís important to you and how many guests you will be having. If you go with an Escape, the reception could get really expensive depending on how many people you have, and where you have it. You could always add the dessert party as well, but again, you may find that itíll cost you just as much as a Wishes wedding. Also, FYI, I know youíve mentioned it before so I thought Iíd answer you.. I know for a fact that APís come with Wishes and Escape weddings. My friend talked to the people at DFTW yesterday morning about possibly having her wedding there in 2009. Sorry for the long post, hope it helps. Good luck with your decision. :)

meryll83
11-20-2007, 05:58 AM
We also wanted to make sure that everyone that flies all the way to Orlando for our wedding is getting something really special that theyíd remember. Thatís a big reason why we wanted a Disney wedding anyway Ė we arenít into spending lots of money on something that nobody will remember or appreciate, and we wanted something that would be really fun and special for all involved.
This a really good point and something that is actually very important. That's one of the main reasons I'm looking at the LSS for the reception, where do you find places like that in the UK, and there's gotta be some fireworks in there, it's Disney!!

Thanks girls, I think I'm definately going to join the custom crew!!!!

My friend talked to the people at DFTW yesterday morning about possibly having her wedding there in 2009. Sorry for the long post, hope it helps. Good luck with your decision. :)
Do you know how she got on with them, were they informative or did they try and "get rid of her" until nearer the time?
That's what I felt happened when I called. Although October 2009 is a long way off still so I do understand....

HolyCowImADisneyBrde
11-20-2007, 06:12 AM
It's funny you say that, that was one of the reasons we went with the Living Seas and knew we had to have the dessert party too! We were torn in between LS or the Napa Room at the California Grill but in the end, we went with LS because it's unique, you can't just go there on any old trip to WDW like the CG, and it's in a park so it'll be really cool. And with the dessert party, exactly - you're in Disney and what better way to cap off the best day of your life than with some fireworks? :thumbsup2
She said that they were really nice to her. I had told her I didn't know how much info they would give her because it was so far out and she's just beginning to consider a wedding there but she said the girl actually talked to her for about 15 minutes and answered all of her questions. I've even called them in my earlier planning and gotten some people that were less than friendly with me, and my wedding isn't that far out, so I guess it just depends on who answers the phone how willing they are to help. :rolleyes:

meryll83
11-21-2007, 02:06 AM
It's funny you say that, that was one of the reasons we went with the Living Seas and knew we had to have the dessert party too! We were torn in between LS or the Napa Room at the California Grill but in the end, we went with LS because it's unique, you can't just go there on any old trip to WDW like the CG, and it's in a park so it'll be really cool. And with the dessert party, exactly - you're in Disney and what better way to cap off the best day of your life than with some fireworks? :thumbsup2
She said that they were really nice to her. I had told her I didn't know how much info they would give her because it was so far out and she's just beginning to consider a wedding there but she said the girl actually talked to her for about 15 minutes and answered all of her questions. I've even called them in my earlier planning and gotten some people that were less than friendly with me, and my wedding isn't that far out, so I guess it just depends on who answers the phone how willing they are to help. :rolleyes:

I just want the time to roll a bit faster now so I can call them and start to get things organised!
I can't wait, I'm just so excited for what will be our ultimate Disney holiday!

Whoopdedoo
11-21-2007, 03:13 AM
Hiya

I think you're making a good choice opting for wishes. I was booking my wedding for an escape package as we only had 15 people inc DF and me. The good side of the Escape was it was all in one package.
When we looked we found that we were not going to be using all the stuff. i.e: I'm taking silk flowers so no need for any floral, I'm booking an outside photographer so we were going to change for a honeymoon package. (We're also having the 2 park shoot in wedding attire. I think at that point we'll be sick of smiling.) :lmao:
So we changed to a Wishes :thumbsup2 . It gives you a lot more flexibility in your choices, kind of like a pick n mix. The minimum spend seems high but the amount of stuff you get for it is great. So far we're having WP ceremony, private room for meal with a free bar, table decs, transportation, cake, violinist, disney characters and a dessert party. We're just coming in slightly over the min with tax and gratituity. Compared to having the Escape package with the extra's we were paying over $11500. :scared1:

However it all depends on what you want included in your day. I see Wishes more like a UK wedding it can be as big as you want but you stil have control over it.
Good luck with your planning. Whatever happens you'll make the right decision. ;)

meryll83
11-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Hiya

I think you're making a good choice opting for wishes. I was booking my wedding for an escape package as we only had 15 people inc DF and me. The good side of the Escape was it was all in one package.
When we looked we found that we were not going to be using all the stuff. i.e: I'm taking silk flowers so no need for any floral, I'm booking an outside photographer so we were going to change for a honeymoon package. (We're also having the 2 park shoot in wedding attire. I think at that point we'll be sick of smiling.) :lmao:
So we changed to a Wishes :thumbsup2 . It gives you a lot more flexibility in your choices, kind of like a pick n mix. The minimum spend seems high but the amount of stuff you get for it is great. So far we're having WP ceremony, private room for meal with a free bar, table decs, transportation, cake, violinist, disney characters and a dessert party. We're just coming in slightly over the min with tax and gratituity. Compared to having the Escape package with the extra's we were paying over $11500. :scared1:

However it all depends on what you want included in your day. I see Wishes more like a UK wedding it can be as big as you want but you stil have control over it.
Good luck with your planning. Whatever happens you'll make the right decision. ;)

I think you're right about wishes being more "pick n mix", I don't like the limitations there seem to be over an Escape wedding, if it was just the couple of us and maybe 2 or 3 guests then fine, but as we have a guest count which will be at least in the teens, I want them to get the full Disney wedding experience :goodvibes

Which locations are you using for your day? - I'm still seeking some inspiration on my potential locations at the moment!

orangetiggs
11-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Hiya

I would be very interested in seeing your beo when you get it, we want to stick to the min as much as we can

Whoopdedoo
11-22-2007, 01:00 AM
Hiya,

When we were having an Escape we were looking at the Wedding Pavilion for ceremony, followed by the cake and champ at GF. However we were being moved to the Keywest room at the convention centre as there was going to be construction on at the time of our wedding. We then were going to have a meal at the Sonoma room at Contemporary Resort. This had a min food & bev of $2000 (++tax & grat) so we thought that would be acheivable with 15 of us.

The trouble was I didn't like the Keywest room at the GF it just seemed really bare and I wanted to have a reception still, with the table decorated and laid out nice. So we looked to change to the Sonoma room fo the cake cutting, but I was stil unhappy (never pleased! :) ) The Sonoma room is lovely and has amazing views of the bay but it just felt that we would be confined to that room for the length of our reception.
So I've now been looking at the American Adventure Parlour room which is REALLY nice and it's is in Epcot, we thought it would be special for the people in our party who've never been to Disney. So we are now moving to this venue for our reception. It has 2 rooms and a great view of spaceship earth.
It does have a higher min food and bev of $3000 :scared1: which doesn't inc our cake?? I haven't had any menu's yet so I'm not sure if we will reach this but I'm sure there's ways around it. I'm thinking of adding a signature drink for the toast and things like that.
It's going to be worth it though as I can say we've had our reception in a theme park followed by an Illuminations DP.

So we've now changed our locations to ceremony at 2.30pm Wedding Pavilion, reception at American Adventure Parlour room 4 til 8.30pm and DP at Uk lower. I'm not sure if you've been given this link before but if you go on mouseweddings.com they have pictures of all the locations and it's worth having a look at.

Good luck with your planning... :thumbsup2
xx

Orangetiggs: that's fine I'l let you know when I get my BEO, but I'm stil in the process of changing from an Escape to Wishes. I think due to the holiday it's been put on hold. But it shouldn't take too long. ;)

meryll83
11-22-2007, 01:33 AM
Thanks for all the info there and the reasons for you choices.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the wedding pavillion at 2.30, the living seas salon for the reception (although I expect there aren't really any windows in here so the Parlour also appeals, as does the Attic with it's balcony, but LSS is so different!) and then either Italy or Morocco I think for the dessert party.

Shouldn't be long now until the cruise itineraries are out (hopefully right through 'til Oct 09) so at least we'll be able to get something booked!!

Whoopdedoo
11-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Hiya,

I know exactly how you feel. I've been engaged for nearly 6 years and we've been waiting til the 8month mark to book the wedding for at least 2 years. It just seems like it's going to take forever to get here, but this years gone SOOOO! quickly. Scary thought is after xmas we're looking at 5months!!! AHHHH! :scared1:

It'll be your turn soon enough though and at least you've found this site early so your prepped in what you can have. I stubbled across this site by chance and it's been a lifesaver! I felt so lost before especially living in the UK.

The American Adventure has the view of the spaceship earth in the living room area but it seems quite dark in the room where you eat, but I'm planning on having votive candles as centre pieces or some sort of lighting and of bright linens with lots of colour. It's quite an intimate room from what I can see. I kind of like the fact that the Parlour room is like a blank canvas quite neutral so I can change it to what I want. If you go for the LSS from what I've seen it's quite dark but looks fun. We won't meet the minimum so we can't go there. Infact we hardly meet the minimum for anything.:lmao:
The view:
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff298/Whoopdedoo84/Florida%20Locations/DisneyPlanningSession105.jpg
The Dinning room:
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff298/Whoopdedoo84/Florida%20Locations/AAParlor4.jpg
The Living Room:
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff298/Whoopdedoo84/Florida%20Locations/AAParlor1.jpg

I've had a look the other day for DP at Morocco to check out the location. There is a stone wall that seems to come quite high when I've had a look at photo's. I originally had that booked but I changed to UK lower. Another thing I found out the other day is Morocco is actually 2 locations and can be used for 2 smaller parties. The actual venue fee for Morocco is $100. But if you have both the fee is $275. It all depends on what your after though. Uk lower is quite open from the pics but I love this one of Morocco at night.
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff298/Whoopdedoo84/Florida%20Locations/morocconite.jpg

How many guests are you having? You can have Italy West Plaza for your DP as Italy has a min of 100 and they won't budge on the min. I tried the other day but no joy. Italy Plaza West is $250 venue fee. They use a plant screen to cut you off from the park guests so it's a bit more private.
Italy Plaza West: Where the benches are.
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff298/Whoopdedoo84/Florida%20Locations/ItalyWestPlaza.jpg
Italy Plaza West:
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff298/Whoopdedoo84/Florida%20Locations/ItalyIsolaArialview.jpg
It's located in the bottom right corner. Not on the Island but to the right of it. You don't get the use of the white bridge though that's part of the Isola. That's where I wanted my pics taken but I'm happy with my move to uk lower.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it helps with your choices.
xx

meryll83
11-22-2007, 03:44 AM
Hiya,

The American Adventure has the view of the spaceship earth in the living room area but it seems quite dark in the room where you eat, but I'm planning on having votive candles as centre pieces or some sort of lighting and of bright linens with lots of colour. It's quite an intimate room from what I can see. I kind of like the fact that the Parlour room is like a blank canvas quite neutral so I can change it to what I want. If you go for the LSS from what I've seen it's quite dark but looks fun. We won't meet the minimum so we can't go there. Infact we hardly meet the minimum for anything.:lmao:
I feel like the Parlour or the Attic would be more suited to the number of guests we have, but I was attracted to somewhere really different to what we would find in the UK.
Do you know what the minimums are for LSS - I might end up with the same problem as you - I think we are going to have between 20 and 30 of us in total. We may have to have the Parlour or Attic!

I've had a look the other day for DP at Morocco to check out the location. There is a stone wall that seems to come quite high when I've had a look at photo's. I originally had that booked but I changed to UK lower. Another thing I found out the other day is Morocco is actually 2 locations and can be used for 2 smaller parties. The actual venue fee for Morocco is $100. But if you have both the fee is $275. It all depends on what your after though.....

....How many guests are you having? You can have Italy West Plaza for your DP as Italy has a min of 100 and they won't budge on the min. I tried the other day but no joy. Italy Plaza West is $250 venue fee. They use a plant screen to cut you off from the park guests so it's a bit more private.

It's located in the bottom right corner. Not on the Island but to the right of it. You don't get the use of the white bridge though that's part of the Isola. That's where I wanted my pics taken but I'm happy with my move to uk lower.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it helps with your choices.
xx

This has been really helpful, thank you!

So if you have Italy Plaza West, do some trees go up along that line you can kinda see on the floor in the first picture? How many guests is that designed for?
And do you know with Morocco how many guests are designed to go in each area, or the whole area?
I'm having a real hard time deciding on these locations!!!

HolyCowImADisneyBrde
11-22-2007, 04:00 AM
The minimum for the Living Seas is 30 people. I don't know if you know this either, but there's also a $500 site fee for using it.

Whoopdedoo
11-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Hiya,

The plant wall is kind of netting. I presume they just close it off before the bridge as that's included in the Isola but you may get it up to the line. I'm a bit unsure , sorry. You would get plenty of room anyway it looks the same sort of size as Morocco. The minimum is 20 people for the plaza.
With Morocco I think it's split into parties of 10 or 15 in each section. I don't think it's something they do often but it's mainly for a small group if they couldn't meet minimum. Which makes me concerned cause I have a feeling we may be moved from our UK lower location. I've only got a party of 15 people we are under the minimum and when I spoke to my co-ordinator she said they would have to fill upto the min capacity. We have to pay for 20 people even though we are 5 people under that. She did say it was to do with guest service, if someone saw there was a small party taking up room then they may complain??? And also I suppose the way they look at it is if they had 20 people in there they would be making more profit. You should be fine though with 20-30 people. You're above the min at all locations.
I just think I'll end up putting a post on here a couple of days before we go "5 people needed for dessert party! " :lmao: :rotfl2:

I thought the minimum for the LSS was 50, like most of the locations but I could be wrong. I know the maximum is 84 people. Most of the menu's or locations have that sort of minimum but there are area's that can accomodate smaller parties. Someone on here may know the min numbers in more detail. The attic looks really nice but I never really considered there. I saw a picture of the balcony and view the other day and that looked really nice.
I wouldn't worry about where you're going to go. All the locations are impressive and with what you can eat and do you'll be fine. It's at Disney so you know it's going to live up to what you expect.

Have a look on this forum for DP pictures and also try google images. That's where I saw the pictures from Morocco and noticed the high wall, that's the reason why I changed locations to UK upper as it has railings instead.

xx

sunsh1ne
11-22-2007, 05:50 AM
that sounds like it will be amazing! i think that was a good choice. and adding a custome drink i think it so cool. i did it and so many people thought it was a hit. it was yummy a baybreeze i think with pink sugar on the rims. and i am sure you can find some great things to meet your minimum. cant wait to hear more

meryll83
11-22-2007, 08:30 AM
that sounds like it will be amazing! i think that was a good choice. and adding a custome drink i think it so cool. i did it and so many people thought it was a hit. it was yummy a baybreeze i think with pink sugar on the rims. and i am sure you can find some great things to meet your minimum. cant wait to hear more

:confused3
What's a good choice?
And custom drinks - sounds cool, but what for, the reception? Or dessert party?
I think perhaps this post is meant for someone else or am i just getting lost here? :confused: :rotfl:

sunsh1ne
11-22-2007, 11:13 AM
hello i am so sorry if i confused anyone. i was responding to the above post.
sometimes i type faster then i think.

ok i love the choice of using epcot as the reception site. also i think to meet the minimum of 3000 a custome cocktail is great addition to the reeption.

again i am sorry

meryll83
11-22-2007, 02:40 PM
hello i am so sorry if i confused anyone. i was responding to the above post.
sometimes i type faster then i think.

ok i love the choice of using epcot as the reception site. also i think to meet the minimum of 3000 a custome cocktail is great addition to the reeption.

again i am sorry

Don't apologise hun, it's been a long day, I'm just easily confused!!

I didn't know you could have a custom cocktail added - do they have some you can choose from or do you make your own?

orangetiggs
11-22-2007, 02:57 PM
its so quiet on here today!!!!!

See all your plans are looking good, when are you going to call them??

meryll83
11-22-2007, 02:59 PM
I still don't think i dare do it until April when I'm 18 months out!!

Perhaps I'll call them soon though if just to ask about the minimums for various locations that seem to keep interfering with my plans!!

sunsh1ne
11-22-2007, 03:05 PM
thanks!! it had been a long day. ok well the cocktail. i had seen it on the tv shows and did not want the champagne toast even if they added like lets say rasberries or whatever (they can do that to) so for the toast i thought it would be cool to have a punch type drink. i choose a baybreeze.what they did was give me some drinks that were colored like my wedding and as a special touch they added the yummiest pink sugar to the rims it looked so cute(pic in prof pics). you can choose your own or you can ask if they can recomend some. i did mine in replace of champagne i saved a little money

happy choosing

Whoopdedoo
11-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Hiya,

Meryll: Sorry to hijack your pj. :flower3:

I've asked for a signature drink but haven't had any pricing yet. I'm thinking of having a Blue lagoon, it's bright blue which will match my bridesmaids. We didn't want to have alcohol so early, especially as it's so hot over there and it'll be a really long day. I can also make it non-alcoholic as I have people in my party that are underage. I might ask to add those ice cubes that glow to make it even brighter. I'm sure that you can add a signature drink instead of champagne and as Sunsh1ne said it may work out cheaper that way.

As soon as I get some pricing for the drinks I'll let you know.

xx

meryll83
11-23-2007, 01:41 AM
Hiya,

Meryll: Sorry to hijack your pj. :flower3:

I've asked for a signature drink but haven't had any pricing yet. I'm thinking of having a Blue lagoon, it's bright blue which will match my bridesmaids. We didn't want to have alcohol so early, especially as it's so hot over there and it'll be a really long day. I can also make it non-alcoholic as I have people in my party that are underage. I might ask to add those ice cubes that glow to make it even brighter. I'm sure that you can add a signature drink instead of champagne and as Sunsh1ne said it may work out cheaper that way.

As soon as I get some pricing for the drinks I'll let you know.

xx
You're not hijacking, you're helping! :thumbsup2

Thank you, I've seen the standard drinks package prices, but I don't recall any info on signature drinks, unless I missed it. I'm quite interested in doing this actually...
I know when we were at MGM over Thanksgiving a couple of years ago they made a blue cocktail (with LED glowing cube) called a Winter Wonderland and it was delish, I'll have to see if they can make something like this (although perhaps change the title as it won't quite be winter!)
When can the signature drinks be used, is it just for the toast? Or can it be used at the pre-reception or dessert party or something like that?

sunsh1ne
11-23-2007, 05:54 AM
i hope i can help you ladies with this yummy addition.
ok i saw this idea on a tv show i did not choose this from a package or from a list. i told them i wanted this instead of champagne. they then asked what flovors i liked and they told me they would pick something that would match my colors and theme. my drink was a baybreeze the price was

speciality cocktail with sugar rimmed glass- 559.76 but this was for 110 people and also the sugar was 300 dollars so i am sure that you could do a drink for way cheaper then champagne.

i love the winter drink it sounds pretty and the little light cubes are so cool. i do not know if you could use them at a prereception or at a desert party only because i did not ask about that. but from my experience they will work with what you want! i am intrested to hear the answer and what drink you pick :)

here are somepics
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/401-600151.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/401-600141.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/401-600140.jpg

meryll83
11-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Well Simon is out at rowing training tonight, so I decided to give DFTW a call and ask about those pesky minimums!

I got straight through to a guy who told me the Wedding team aren't there today, but he has taken my details, (including location choices and wedding date! - already, eek!) and has told me one of the weddings team will give me a call next week and go over prices and things!

:cheer2:

orangetiggs
11-23-2007, 12:21 PM
good on you! I know that my planner is out till monday *** of thanksgiving

meryll83
11-23-2007, 01:00 PM
good on you! I know that my planner is out till monday *** of thanksgiving

Oh yeah, I forgot, it's Black Friday today isn't it?
Happy Thanskgiving!
Poor little guy made to stay at work and anwer the phones! :lmao: I'm sure he gets paid extra time though.

Ok my latest query is does anyone have a spreadsheet template they could send me for planning the ole finances?

orangetiggs
11-23-2007, 01:01 PM
oh yes go onto wedding ideas magazine they have a great one to download

meryll83
11-23-2007, 01:10 PM
oh yes go onto wedding ideas magazine they have a great one to download
Awesome thank you!
You really are always my knightess in shining armour! :flower3:

orangetiggs
11-23-2007, 01:11 PM
i have one that df did but its full of our stuff, he just amended the one from wedding ideas as i found it really easy to use but he wanted to add things as he thinks he is excel king!!!!

baywatchextra
11-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Signature cocktails??? Now this is something i can help with!!! :thumbsup2

I will happily volunteer to make and of course sample ANY suggestions made! I saw Si rowing the other night, thought he'd gone mad! Any idea when we can go shopping yet missy, all this planning makes me need to go try dresses on!! princess:
xx

meryll83
11-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Signature cocktails??? Now this is something i can help with!!! :thumbsup2

I will happily volunteer to make and of course sample ANY suggestions made! I saw Si rowing the other night, thought he'd gone mad! Any idea when we can go shopping yet missy, all this planning makes me need to go try dresses on!! princess:
xx

Your speciality of course!!

I asked two girls at work and they said wedding shops don't really have Jan sales :sad1: but I think antime after panto finishes (first week in Jan) I'll be free, so whenever is good for you really!
I tend to work Saturday mornings til 1 at the theatre, so Saturday afternoons? Or do you have any holidays left from work? Mine restart in Jan so I can take days off whenever.....

baywatchextra
11-23-2007, 01:36 PM
I have a nose for finding sales!! Holidays go till end of march but i have plenty to spare and they need using. saturdays are good too, you know me im easy!!! as long as im not on call grrr xx

meryll83
11-23-2007, 01:38 PM
I have a nose for finding sales!! Holidays go till end of march but i have plenty to spare and they need using. saturdays are good too, you know me im easy!!! as long as im not on call grrr xx

Maybe we could take a couple of Fridays off each and have an early weekend? We could do maybe York and Leeds or summat on these days and then do the Scarborough shops on Saturday afternoons.
I might be able to drive then or we could take the choo if you don't wanna drive?

baywatchextra
11-23-2007, 01:45 PM
for you i shall drive, im venturing out in the brum on my own next week again n i think we're going to invest in sat nav - how brave am i!!! xx
p.s. finished my xmas cards... i know, im amazin!

meryll83
11-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Does anyone have any good pictures of France or the UK (dessert party locations)?

France isn't on mouseweddings.com yet and i'm not sure about the UK from the pics I can see.....

Still trying to decide on those pesky locations :rotfl:

orangetiggs
11-25-2007, 01:43 AM
look on tazfoto.com he has some good locations pics

meryll83
11-25-2007, 03:52 AM
look on tazfoto.com he has some good locations pics
These are great pictures, thanks!
Hmmm, are some of the UK terraces shown on mouseweddings actually the French terraces then? They look the same.

And what is the French Island arm mentioned on mouseweddings?
any ideas?

orangetiggs
11-25-2007, 04:23 AM
sorry i'm not sure, i liked uk lower as its always where we watched illuminations when we fly over so we were happy with it

JaxTeach
11-25-2007, 08:00 AM
These are great pictures, thanks!
Hmmm, are some of the UK terraces shown on mouseweddings actually the French terraces then? They look the same.

And what is the French Island arm mentioned on mouseweddings?
any ideas?

Yep, on Mouseweddings the French terraces are in with the UK terraces. I'd say the last 10 photos are actually of the French terraces on the UK page on Mousesavers. The French terraces have those large flower-shaped planters. In fact only the first 6 pics on that page are of the UK terraces. :rotfl:

The UK Upper area is the place with the wrought iron tables with umbrellas. We are having our DP here. It's good for a small group. We were also looking into the French Island Arm, but I honestly couldn't tell you where exactly that is. We were considering it because of our small size.

I think both locations provide an excellent view of the show.

disprincessatheart
11-25-2007, 12:51 PM
French Island is kind of one large area with 3 sections that can all be used, or be used separately. In the french island section on Taz's site, the second to last picture is the arm. If you're looking at the very first picture of the whole area, you're looking at the lower and upper (easy enough to distinguish) and the arm is the area off to the left under the two bushy trees (you can't actually see the arm itself, but that's where it is in relation). The upper is a circle with the planters, the lower is a c shaped patio with no planters, and the arm is also c shaped. You can get to the arm from where the upper and lower meet to the left or from the beginning of the bridge from France to the UK. We were planning our reception there last year, so I have looked at that area alot. My pics are not better than the ones taz has though. Hope that helps.

meryll83
11-26-2007, 01:31 AM
Yep, on Mouseweddings the French terraces are in with the UK terraces. I'd say the last 10 photos are actually of the French terraces on the UK page on Mousesavers. The French terraces have those large flower-shaped planters. In fact only the first 6 pics on that page are of the UK terraces. :rotfl:

The UK Upper area is the place with the wrought iron tables with umbrellas.

French Island is kind of one large area with 3 sections that can all be used, or be used separately. In the french island section on Taz's site, the second to last picture is the arm. If you're looking at the very first picture of the whole area, you're looking at the lower and upper (easy enough to distinguish) and the arm is the area off to the left under the two bushy trees (you can't actually see the arm itself, but that's where it is in relation). The upper is a circle with the planters, the lower is a c shaped patio with no planters, and the arm is also c shaped. You can get to the arm from where the upper and lower meet to the left or from the beginning of the bridge from France to the UK.

Thanks girlies,

I think I finally understand where everything is now!!
I've had an old Epcot park map out as well sussing it out!

So now I'll wait to hear from DFTW and see what the official minimums are, and where they'll let me use.

I know all locations are supposed to be prime viewing, but has anyone noticed any locations where the small islands in the middle of World Showcase lagoon kinda get in the way of seeing the globe or anything else when Illuminations is on?

meryll83
11-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Ok, so I've spoken to Heidi today.

She's going to send us a DVD and further information pack (what exactly this will contain I do not know) and I went through some minimums with her.

She said with us not being able to book til 12 months out, I should next touch base with her in August (how far away is that?!!!)

She mentioned that with us wanting specialist locations we couldn't confirm these til 8 months out, but then said coz they were theme park locations we could in fact confirm them at 12 months out :confused: Slightly confused there but she did say 12 months for all the locations we've selected.

She tried to steer me away from Morocco as it has an obstructed view and the French arm as "there are so many other prettier places". Apparently this can have as few as 10 guests though, so if our guest numbers fall at least there is a back up. She actually tried to steer me in the direction of the UK terraces, each of which have a minimum of 20. Apparently UK Lower is now known as UK Lockside, and Upper is just UK Terrace now. She said their new details come out in October, so she's just getting used to the changes.
Apparently France has a minimum of 50, I didn't ask about splitting the French terraces, which I really should have, as I'm quite interested in the Upper Terrace of France, I wouldn't have though you need 50 for that. Maybe I'll email her.
The French arm is for 20 guests minimum and Italy west again 20.

The LSS apparently doesn't have a minimum occupancy, but a minimum food & bev expenditure of $3500. This may depend on our guests numbers, as at the moment that averages at a lot per person, but we only have 15 absolute definites. Gotta get those numbers up to 20 for one of the "unobstructed" dessert parties though!!

Think they were the main (new) things I learnt, but I definitely want to touch base again before August!!
What tricks have you fellow UK brides been using to get your dates pencilled in sooner? I did explain as all guests would be from the UK we would probably be booking holidays before this time.

orangetiggs
11-26-2007, 01:32 PM
I had a nightmare with heidi!! sorry to put a dampener on things but she was awful to deal with, I think I have bills number who I dealt with after heidi (he was so great leading up to my contract and I was sad to leave him for my planner)

Heidi was great with all the beginning details but then she was a nightmare to contact never returned emails and I got a bit lost with her.

I got my date penciled in but had no guarentees that it would be mine, but i got it done around 18 months out so that might be the difference

meryll83
11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
do you think i should just wait now until 18 months out and start from scratch with someone else! Who did you speak to that penciled you in?

Whoopdedoo
11-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Hiya,

When I called before the 12 month mark I spoke to Brianna and she was amazing. She was so patient as I read out my 4 pages of questions and when I finally called at the 12month mark she remembered talking to me, it was so sweet as she must of spoken to loads of Disney Brides before then. If you want her email or tele number pm me and I'l let you know. I'm not sure how the "pencilling in" works but I gave all my details about what date I was looking at and how many guests I would be having.. it meant that she had it all ready for me when I phoned at the 12 month but that was pretty much it. I just told her what venues I wanted and I was lucky enough to get them.

xx

meryll83
11-26-2007, 02:41 PM
thanks for the offer of contact details girls, my only worry is wont they be able to see from their systems that i have already spoken to heidi and redirect me to her? Omg so funny, i am using si's phone at the mo to check for updates and when i first typed heidi then the predictive text brought it up as 'hedge'!

disprincessatheart
11-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes, when you call in they will direct you back to Heidi, but you can request to speak to someone else if you'd rather. I spoke to someone this summer, then did nothing and called back in October. The person on the phone looked me up and asked if I wanted to speak to the same person again and I said yes as I was fine with her for the sales process. I'm dying to get to my real planner now though!

Missy H
11-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Hiya,

When I called before the 12 month mark I spoke to Brianna and she was amazing. She was so patient
xx

I also had Brianna, she was the best and did everything to help me with I had to change the date because of family issues!

We now have Karen as our planner, does anyone know what she is like?

meryll83
11-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Perhaps I'll try and speak to someone else next time then.

Think I'll leave it now til around April or so, or perhaps whenever Virgin release their holiday packages for that time, as I know a couple of friends will probably want to book with them again.

I think in the New Year I'm going to send some early invitations which a small bit of a info about WDW and rough price guidelines so I can get some official responses from friends and family, and provide a bit more info for those who are unsure. It's so difficult for some people when it's a big commitment like this, and yet others are like "Yep, I'm there!" straight away. I think it's really those who have never been before that need the extra informational support, anyone who's been before seems to have agreed (at least verbally) immediately!! I get disappointed when people aren't as excited as me about going to Florida!

orangetiggs
11-27-2007, 02:30 AM
Thats what we did, we sent out a small newsletter with a rsvp just seeing who would be interested and where they would like to stay etc as i knew about the discounts that disney offers

meryll83
11-27-2007, 03:33 AM
Thats what we did, we sent out a small newsletter with a rsvp just seeing who would be interested and where they would like to stay etc as i knew about the discounts that disney offers
Do you still have a template at all? This is exactly what we need!
(Obviously delete any personal info but the rough template would be awesome if you still have it!)

orangetiggs
11-27-2007, 03:49 AM
I'm sure I do have them but they are at home, I'll have a look tonight and see if i can email them to you

meryll83
11-27-2007, 04:09 AM
I'm sure I do have them but they are at home, I'll have a look tonight and see if i can email them to you
Thank you that would be fab, I dread starting from scratch! :lmao:

lov2b@disney
11-27-2007, 05:12 AM
Just a note on Heidi, We had her as our coordinator. She was fine with us. She was receptive to our questions, and was very patient with our site visit. We had our 16 month old tagging along with us- as well as a car seat and stroller she was very accomidating.

Good luck with everything!

meryll83
12-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Haha!

After extensive(ish) research, Julie and I have come up with a plan for the hen do!

We will have an optional late lunch first, then we will all meet at the Polynesian, resort hopping along the monorail sampling each of the bars along the way. When we reach the Contemporary and complete the obligatory drink there, we will embark on a Grand Gatherings Magical Fireworks Voyage and follow that up with a spot of Adventurers Club action (possibly meeting up with the boys at this point if they have survived "drinking round the world at Epcot", and depending on tired/drunkeness may do some of the other Pleasure Island venues.

Hurray, I may finally have decided on something!!!
(I shouldn't speak too soon or something will crop up that interferes with these plans!)

We think we'll tell the other girls the majority of the plan, but not mention the pirate themed cruise (just casually say "then we'll watch the fireworks at the seven seas lagoon"), we think it will be a fun surprise!

meryll83
12-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Hurray, finally I have something confirmed!! :woohoo:

We have got a secret porthole stateroom on the 3 night Bahamian cruise with $75 shipboard credit to spend! :sail:
First time cruising as well - sooooo excited!!!

This is making things seem more real now, some days I was worrying that things were never going to happen and I'd end up having to get married somewhere at home, which really isn't my dream.
Woohoo, we're going back to WDW!!

meryll83
12-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Ok,
I have returned to my apparently somewhat abandoned PJ - was it something I said?:confused3 :rotfl: Just kidding, I know everyone is mega busy at this time of year so I won't feel too neglected!!

Well the latest news is I have now asked 2 more friends to be bridesmaids bringing the grand total to 4. :bride:
To be honest I think I had always kinda envisaged (sp?!) a small clutch of us rather than just 2 bridesmaids and myself, but I think I had concerns over cost and also if anyone would really want to come all that way.
The girls are technically Si's friends I suppose, or at least they started that way, girlfriends of 2 of his closest friends he plays football with. We often refer to ourselves as "footballers wives" and do things on our own without the lads, so have become good friends over the last few years.
They are both into Disney and have been fairly recently and both couples were among those that pretty much agreed immediately that they wanted to come to the wedding, so I've been thinking for a while that they would be ideal candidates!
I wouldn't expect them to ask me if they were getting married as I know they have other, closer friends, but for me personally, I can't think of anyone better suited to the job (except my original 2 of course!!)
I'll try and find a couple of piccies of them to post later, their names are Jackie and Gemma, to add to Julie and Jodie (names starting with the 'juh' sound are obviously a winner in my book!:rotfl:
Gemma's parents are starting to visit WDW every year now, so they may try and plan their 09 trip to coincide with the wedding, and Gemma's sister is hoping she may be working on the WDW International Program by then, if not, hopefully she will come too. Both girls' partners will also be coming, obviously as direct friends of Si and myself too. I don't think Si has really given much thought over whether he needs groomsmen or not, he just seems to be sticking with his bro as best man for now.

Can't remember if I posted this before, but January the 6th we are taking both sets of parents for dinner to have the "finance talk". eek, wish us luck, hoping that we can agree on a sensible budget!:rolleyes: Still need to convince the mother to get on that darn plane! Incidentally, I daren't tell her about the hen night plans as she gets motion sickness, inc sea sickness. Now I know that a boat ride on the Seven Seas Lagoon is hardly navigate the choppy seas, but if I tell he she needs to get on a plane to then get on a boat, I think I'll lose her completely!!:lmao: If we can get her there to start with then we're on a roll, we'll just keep the hen plans a surprise!

I probably won't be around much over the next few weeks as it's the last week of panto rehearsals this week, panto starts Boxing Day (26th December) and runs through until the 5th Jan, sometimes with 2 shows per day, so I'm gonna be a bit pooped.
So just in case I don't get back,
:santa: Have a fab Christmas everyone!:santa:

PS - I'm still trying to get hold of a template for a small info pack / initial RSVP to send to people in the new year to get a better idea of who is really interested and who's not so - if anyone can help so I don't have to start from scratch it would be huuuuuuuuugely appreciated! x

meryll83
12-28-2007, 05:30 AM
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and that Santa was good to you all!

Panto is going well, I'm working the evil step mother the best I can!! 4 shows down, 10 to go....

So, back to business, I was reading through my list of Officiants to choose from that Disney sent me - I don't have a clue where to begin!!

Can anyone make a recommendation??

Also, am I right in thinking that they are to be paid separately and not through Disney?

sunsh1ne
12-28-2007, 06:15 AM
hello
i used rev kevin and i loved him.
so friendly and woundeful to work with. we have mixed religions and the whole family said it was the best ceremony they had seen. he is such a warm face. i would definalty recomend him

BaBeeCee14
12-28-2007, 07:43 AM
I also booked Rev. Kevin Knox based on a lot of good reviews on this board. I haven't had my wedding yet, but so far he has been great and extremely helpful.

orangetiggs
12-28-2007, 08:51 AM
we are using jack day and we have to pay him seperatley

lpizzuro123
12-28-2007, 09:19 AM
We are deciding on Rev Kevin and Rev Jack Day. To sunshine, we also have mixed religions and do not want a very religious ceremony. I would love to get some info on your ceremony and how it was performed. MY DF wants someone with a good sense of humor that can make everyone feel comfortable and really enjoy the ceremony. Can you please give me a little more info on Rev Kevin?

Thanks,
Linda

meryll83
12-29-2007, 04:02 AM
We aren't really religious at all so these sound like good suggestions. Are they a bit humourous as well? We'd quite like a little bit of laughter!

Has anyone got/seen any videos that have aided them with this decision? Just wondering how you all made your choices?

sunsh1ne
12-29-2007, 07:32 AM
sure i would be happy to.
the sensce of humor and ease of the ceremony was a must for us also.
he had three ceremonies to choose from one all religion onein the middle and one with no mention of god in it.
you can also mix and match any parts of all three ceremonies. you can also choose whoch vows of intent, vows for rings and other choices you want. well thats the technical part

now for the personal he has the character of a religiouse persona but the ease of a a freindly family member. hea also added some funny touches into the ceremony. and he pronounced us so cute. he is all smiles and so comfortable.
if you need any more info let me know

Ticky Toria 78
12-30-2007, 03:49 AM
We used Rev Tim Herring and the ceremony was beautiful. Like you we didn't want anything too religious, but his words were lovely and he quoted an apache indian blessing which added to the ceremony. All our guests commented on how beautiful it had been. Rev Tim was really nice to deal with, and is a really nice guy.

meryll83
12-31-2007, 02:39 AM
ooooh it's so hard to choose!

We both have the rest of the week booked off work after today, so (even though I need to revise for my work exam next Tuesday - fingers crossed for me guys!) perhaps we'll get chance to sit down and have a proper look through all the info Disney have sent us rather than just stealing a quick glance at stuff as it arrives!
I might have to do a video search on each of the "Rev's" and see if I can "sample their work" as it were, and get a feel for the type of ceremonies they do.

Well, it's the last year of 2007, and although our 2009 wedding has been seeming a long way off, from tomorrow our wedding will be NEXT YEAR! :goodvibes Still seems a long way off to many I'm sure, and sometimes still to me, but once we're into 2008 it means we can get our flights/holidays from the UK booked and dates and locations sorted, still leaving plenty of time in 09 to sort out the finer details, but I do love my planning, I intend on being organised as early as possible at each stage. Oooh and we decided the hunt for dresses may commence in the next couple of months too :bride:
Simon also said he'd like to get the rings sorted in 08, oooh lots of exciting things to do!

So, in case I don't get to post later today:
Happy New Year! and here's to a great 2008!
oooh that rhymed :lmao:

PS. Fingers also crossed for Jan 6th, when we're having "The Budget Talk" with both sets of parents!

B2B-2008
12-31-2007, 04:23 AM
Its so funny you saying your wedding will be next year. We were saying that this time last year and tomorrow we will be able to say our wedding is this year. Time does fly!

I would say its not to soon to get your dress picked out. I found the dress I wanted in April 06 and I finally get to wear in on our wedding day in July :cool1:

meryll83
12-31-2007, 04:28 AM
Its so funny you saying your wedding will be next year. We were saying that this time last year and tomorrow we will be able to say our wedding is this year. Time does fly!

I would say its not to soon to get your dress picked out. I found the dress I wanted in April 06 and I finally get to wear in on our wedding day in July :cool1:
I can use you as my justification now - "Well I know someone who had their dress picked out over 2 years before her wedding" :lmao:
I'm hoping to get things bought as and when time and money allows, and obviously this is one of the most important items so I want to start looking in what I call the miserable months (Jan/Feb time) when all the parties are over and the weather isn't very nice, to give me something to look forward to!

B2B-2008
12-31-2007, 05:01 AM
And people did say I was mad! But I thought it would take me a long time to find a dress that I really liked. But I find my one quite early on but it was quite expensive so I then had to find something cheaper that I felt the same in, this was impossible.

I ended up ordering the one I fell in love with at the national wedding show in the september and got a very good deal.

I can honestly say I haven't seen any other dresses that have made me doubt my style choice. The one thing that I am worried about is that I have ordered the correct colour, but I think I'm just worrying over nothing.

orangetiggs
12-31-2007, 06:18 AM
i too oredered my dress around 2 years out!! I still look but nothing comes up to the one i ordered!! I have it a my fmil house and I look at it every sunday!

meryll83
12-31-2007, 06:43 AM
I don't need to worry that the shopping is commencing too early then - good good!
How many dress shops etc did you guys visit before finding 'the one'?

orangetiggs
12-31-2007, 07:15 AM
I did 3 and then purchased it in another shop as its was £300 cheaper

meryll83
12-31-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm thinking about looking online once I've found the dress I want and then taking it to a nearby shop for any alterations needed.
Do most wedding shops do alterations on your own dress if you bring it in, or will only certain places do this?

orangetiggs
12-31-2007, 07:47 AM
I was under the impresion that they only do alterations on theri own dresses, well the ones I looked into do. I am using a seamstress that My firend used for hers.

I looked online and in the states to see if i could get my dress cheaper but then you have shipping costs and then taxes when it gets delivered so it worked out about the same just to buy it from the shop

Beep
12-31-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi Meryll, congratulations!

We are planning our wedding for December 2009 and you have asked so many questions in your thread that I was wondering so thank you! My best friend and appointed wedding planner (!) came up with the same questions you had so it's been so useful - incidentally she lives in Wetherby...

We are going for the Escape wedding as there will only be eight of us in total. I really wanted to do the 'pick-and-mix' Wishes but what swung it for us was the 25 night minimum stay on Disney property. We couldn't justify asking people to stay on site when they had forked out to go to Orlando (only one guest is from the States) and we couldn't afford it ourselves so we are sticking to the Escape.

Summer had Rev Randall Miller and couldn't speak highly enough of him. I'm going to check out the other two mentioned on a reply to your thread as we don't want a religious ceremony. We are going to use Randy Chapman as we love his stylised photos and take the honeymoon package from Disney to get some shots of us in Epcot which is a very special resort for us. Misty does lovely work too but Randy gets the edge for us.

I'm subscribing to your thread so I can keep up to date with your questions and answers! We wanted a Dessert party but will struggle with the small numbers so, again thanks to the info in this thread, we know the minimum people at the locations.

By the way, you have the same taste in dresses and flowers as me! I did find out from mooching on a wedding dress internet site (based in the US) that they are not allowed to ship Maggie Sottero dresses outside of the US anymore. I'm going to try loads on and if I think the pick-up skirt dress suits me I'll get one similar.

Hope you have a great New Year!

meryll83
01-02-2008, 04:48 AM
Hi Meryll, congratulations!

We are planning our wedding for December 2009 and you have asked so many questions in your thread that I was wondering so thank you! My best friend and appointed wedding planner (!) came up with the same questions you had so it's been so useful - incidentally she lives in Wetherby...

We are going for the Escape wedding as there will only be eight of us in total. I really wanted to do the 'pick-and-mix' Wishes but what swung it for us was the 25 night minimum stay on Disney property. We couldn't justify asking people to stay on site when they had forked out to go to Orlando (only one guest is from the States) and we couldn't afford it ourselves so we are sticking to the Escape.

Summer had Rev Randall Miller and couldn't speak highly enough of him. I'm going to check out the other two mentioned on a reply to your thread as we don't want a religious ceremony. We are going to use Randy Chapman as we love his stylised photos and take the honeymoon package from Disney to get some shots of us in Epcot which is a very special resort for us. Misty does lovely work too but Randy gets the edge for us.

I'm subscribing to your thread so I can keep up to date with your questions and answers! We wanted a Dessert party but will struggle with the small numbers so, again thanks to the info in this thread, we know the minimum people at the locations.

By the way, you have the same taste in dresses and flowers as me! I did find out from mooching on a wedding dress internet site (based in the US) that they are not allowed to ship Maggie Sottero dresses outside of the US anymore. I'm going to try loads on and if I think the pick-up skirt dress suits me I'll get one similar.

Hope you have a great New Year!

Yey someone else with a wedding that's not til late in 09!

ooooh Wetherby isn't too far from us!

We're quite lucky in that we have friends who don't want to stay offsite now they've stayed on Disney property before, so we only need one set of friends to do a 2 week holiday (+ our 12 nights onsite before the cruise) and we're already over the minimum.

They could possibly accommodate your dessert party at Morocco, although I think normally the minimum is 10, but perhaps you could work something out with your planner?

I have found on the internet that their is a shop in York that stocks Maggie Sottero so will probably arrange a trip their in the next few weeks :goodvibes Perhaps I'm going to have to settle for a shop bought dress rather than buying online, we'll see how it goes.....

orangetiggs
01-02-2008, 04:56 AM
My dress was maggie sottero, her dresses are so nice!

BritishBelle
01-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi I'm new to this, hoping to get married 4th August 2009. Is here any chance you could email me a copy of the cake options, menus and music that I've heard you chatting about. My email address is elizabethpetts@otmail.co.uk. Many thanks liz xxx

BritishBelle
01-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Can't beleve I'm so stupid. Ignore the last e-mail address. It's actually elizabethpetts@hotmail.com. sorry!!!

Beep
01-03-2008, 06:05 AM
Yey someone else with a wedding that's not til late in 09!

ooooh Wetherby isn't too far from us!

We're quite lucky in that we have friends who don't want to stay offsite now they've stayed on Disney property before, so we only need one set of friends to do a 2 week holiday (+ our 12 nights onsite before the cruise) and we're already over the minimum.

They could possibly accommodate your dessert party at Morocco, although I think normally the minimum is 10, but perhaps you could work something out with your planner?

I have found on the internet that their is a shop in York that stocks Maggie Sottero so will probably arrange a trip their in the next few weeks :goodvibes Perhaps I'm going to have to settle for a shop bought dress rather than buying online, we'll see how it goes.....

Hey Maryll, good to see you posting!

It looks like there could be around 12 of us now so Morocco would be an option, or Japan if there is 10 of us. We might skip the dessert party and just ahve a meal in Epcot.

My friend had the same idea about the wedding dress - you're not her are you?! Her idea was to go to Boston as they have lower sales tax and her family have an apartment out there so it would only cost us the flights.

It's really exciting but daunting at the same time isn't it?! I'm going to be following you're thread every step of the way :goodvibes

baywatchextra
01-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Mezz the girls at work told me about this place in York that make all the rings for all the posh jewellers in town, you can order them direct from this shop and save a fortune. ill get the website off them on monday if u email me at work n remind me!

so whens the shopping then? any ideas?xx

meryll83
01-05-2008, 04:40 AM
Mezz the girls at work told me about this place in York that make all the rings for all the posh jewellers in town, you can order them direct from this shop and save a fortune. ill get the website off them on monday if u email me at work n remind me!

so whens the shopping then? any ideas?xx

Oooh cool stuff, I'll defo remind you!

Me and Si went to York the other day actually and I've managed to locate the wedding shop I found online that is the nearest one to stock Maggie Sottero dresses (the white dress I posted that I like). It's right in the middle of town on the road where Debenhams and McDonalds is! It's not right on the main street either, just the front door, then you have to go up lots of stairs to it, which is good coz it means the passers-by don't have to see me stood in my undies :lmao:

I'm at work at the theatre until 1pm next Saturday, we could always just look in Scarborough first if you want, although I defo need to see if the York shop have the dress I like at some point, need to know if it suits me or not!!

Or do you want to wait another week? I noticed that he York shop opens 11-4 on Sundays if that would be any better coz I think I'll be working til 1pm every Saturday....

baywatchextra
01-06-2008, 09:51 AM
i had a brainwave and rememberd the name of the company so found the website: acejewellery co uk

ill speak to you in mornin about how today went etc, fingers crossed! x

meryll83
01-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Well my mum still seems to be keping shctum about whether she's coming to Florida or not (at least it's not a direct 'no' anymore!:rolleyes:) but we went for a yummy Sunday lunch today and both sets of parents have told us what they are willing to contribute to the wedding, which is a lot more than we expected so we're really really pleased :woohoo: It's the first time we've sat everyone down and really explained what we want from the Disney wedding and holiday experience. so now everyone has a better understanding of the plans.

Me and Julie are going to begin the dress hunt on Saturday afternoon I think so yeah... full steam ahead!

Panto finished yesterday so I should now have a few weeks to relax (or just wedding plan instead!) before rehearsals begin for the next show.....

Beep
01-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Right Missy Meryll, I want words with you! I am going to our Maggie Sottero stockist tomorrow to have a look at that Capri Lynette dress - your fault! I missed that one when looking at the Capri styles and much prefer the style to the strapless ones. They give me a muffin-top on my back so not ideal.

I'm starting our PJ soon as we have definitely decided we are going for December next year and have learned so much from your questions.

Oh, you may be interested in this. I found a company on the internet in the UK called The Empty Box Company and they do ph-level boxes and acid-free paper to store your dress in so it doesn't go yellow. They also do cabin carry-on boxes at the scheduled and charter flight sizes so you can take your dress on the plane rather than putting in the checked baggage.

The storage boxes are around the £60 mark and the travel boxes are around £30. The only thing that bothers me is the weight. If we go charter to keep the costs down their hand-baggage allowance is only 5kg.

There is a place called Carolyn Allens in Orlando that steam and press dresses at your hotel room (loads of people on here have used them) and you can ship your dress to them before you arrive. They charge a storage fee ($15 I think) which would save having to take it on the plane.

I have asked them quite a few questions and they have been brilliant.

Thought that might help!

Take care x

meryll83
01-07-2008, 05:38 AM
Right Missy Meryll, I want words with you! I am going to our Maggie Sottero stockist tomorrow to have a look at that Capri Lynette dress - your fault! Tee hee, I'm a pest aren't I?! Have you been yet? I want to know how the dress looked, coz I think we will stick to local shops this weekend, we haven't scheduled a stop for the Maggie dresses in York yet! But I have to go and try it at some point, :love: but with my luck it won't suit me!

Oh, you may be interested in this. I found a company on the internet in the UK called The Empty Box Company and they do ph-level boxes and acid-free paper to store your dress in so it doesn't go yellow. They also do cabin carry-on boxes at the scheduled and charter flight sizes so you can take your dress on the plane rather than putting in the checked baggage.
The storage boxes are around the £60 mark and the travel boxes are around £30. The only thing that bothers me is the weight. If we go charter to keep the costs down their hand-baggage allowance is only 5kg.
There is a place called Carolyn Allens in Orlando that steam and press dresses at your hotel room (loads of people on here have used them) and you can ship your dress to them before you arrive. They charge a storage fee ($15 I think) which would save having to take it on the plane.

This is really useful info, thanks!
Have you looked into how much shipping the dress to Carolyn Allen's would cost? I suppose it depends on the weight.... How would you pack the dress if it were being shipped, in one of the travel boxes you mentioned above? I was thinking of using her for pressing anyway, you're right, most people here seem to, so it might be worth sending it over to hers.
Will have to see how big the dress I pick is before I decide how to transport it I guess!!

Beep
01-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi Meryll, yes you are a pest! :goodvibes

I did go and have a look at a bridal shop today - more on that in a second.

I'm not sure how much it would cost to ship a dress to Carolyn Allens. The internet are quoting anything from $80 to $125 for shipping dresses to the UK but how realistic that is I don't know. I'm sure they'll add some on to the actual cost.

The boxes I mentioned are also waterproof so I think the would be ideal for shipping a dress in, even if they are not going to be stored in it for long. Which leads me onto the bridal shop today...

Rude and unhelpful. That's the best way to describe them. They are based not far from the Bullring in Birmingham and went to see them at lunch time. I asked if they had the specific dress (Lynette) and was corrected on my pronounciation of 'Sottero' first of all (!) and then told they didn't have it. I asked if they had any of her dresses with pick-up skirts and they asked me what that was. Hmmm, not a good sign.

The girl said they had one dress with that style skirt (not a Maggie) but they could order in whatever dress I wanted for a £30 postage charge. That would be credited against the cost of the dress if I bought it. I asked how much the dress was and she said she couldn't tell me until I ordered it. So, I could be ordering a dress worth a couple of thousand pounds for all I knew and it was going to cost me £30 to look at it? I don't think so!

I asked if I could try the one on that they had and first of all she said that they only had small sizes (I'm a UK16) but I could try if I really wanted to. Cheeky %"$*!!! Anyway, I slipped it on and the style of dress looked great but it was a strapless. The skirt looked fantastic.

I thanked them, left, got home and phoned another stockist. What a difference. I've got an appointment on Saturday morning to try the Royale on as they don't have the Lynette. They also told me they could add straps, sleeves, bolero jacket etc. I've got a large tattoo on my back and an armband and although I don't regret them I don't want them on show at my wedding as I don't think they will look right. She wouldn't give me the exact price of the dresses but after giving her a few figures to say yes or no to it looks like they are in the £800 mark.

Good luck with yours on Saturday. I wish I had someone to go with but any friends live a long way from me and my Mom is in Cornwall. I would take my DBF but there is no way he will get up early!

orangetiggs
01-07-2008, 04:19 PM
beep- You need to try some other shops they were so rude. I'k a uk 16 as well and I was squeezed inot uk 8's when i tried on dresses, ok they didnt do up but i could kind of see what they looked like from the front!!

Have you been onto maggie sottero's website to find stockist near you, thats what i did *** my dress is a maggie sottero dress

Beep
01-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Hi Sarah, yes I have tried another stockist and I'm going to see them on Saturday.

I couldn't believe how rude they were today. I feel like buying a dress from somewhere else and doing the Pretty Woman thing and going back into the shop and saying look how much money you missed out on!

If only I had her legs and money!!

meryll83
01-08-2008, 02:20 AM
Urgh, I hope I don't encounter the rude unhelpfulness you've had, sounds like they were talking down to you the whole time.
Just out of curiousity - how do you pronounce Sottero?! :rotfl:
But don't give them your money there, the other shop sounds much nicer!

I'm thinking that I may really need to go to the York Maggie stockist first and get the Capri Lynette out of the way first, I need to know if I picked a good style from the start or whether I need to be looking at a completely different style altogether! I just feel that until I try that one on I won't be happy with any other dress until I know if my original choice was any good, you know?
I need to speak to Julie coz we were just gonna do the local shops at the weekend, but Simon has said he'd drive us to York if Julie doesn't want to drive and he can just look round Virgin Megastore for however long :lmao:
Need to send her an email now to put this idea out there.....
I'd need to call them to arrange an appointment soon I guess, what are the chances of getting in with less than a weeks notice generally? I'm not very organised am I?!!!

orangetiggs
01-08-2008, 03:35 AM
If I were you I would try on other stuff that you thought you wouldnt like as thats what i did and it was my dress!! I looked at it and thought way too much but when i out it on i loved it!!

I think its pronounced so-tter-ro but not sure 100%

meryll83
01-08-2008, 05:37 AM
I'm definitely going to try on others, but I won't rest until I've tried on 'the' dress!

Sow-Terr-O?

Booked in now for Sunday :yay:, forgot to ask if they had the dress in which was a bit silly of me, but it is on their website! :upsidedow

Funniebunny
01-08-2008, 02:16 PM
I used one of the empty box company travel boxes when I went out in November. It was great but was quite heavy. My dress was mermaid style and only just fit in so if your dress is fuller I would ask the shop if they think it would fit. If they say yes ask them to pack it for you.
On the plane outbound the stewards were wonderful and put the box in the first class wardrobe. On the way back I had no problem fitting it into the overhead locker.

I hope you find the dress of your dreams. Keep us all posted, we need piccies :goodvibes

Beep
01-08-2008, 06:49 PM
I wondered if the boxes might be a bit heavy. Someone gave me a tip about vacuum bags. They put their dress in it and then in a cabin-sized bag and it fitted. I just wonder what would happen if they made you take it out of the bag at security!

I've used vacuum bags on holiday before now and rolled most of the air out before securing the screw top. It didn't get as much out as a vacuum but it worked. My DBF walked into the room as I was sucking as much air out as I could - you can imagine his face and the comments!

Meryll, I hope you find 'the' dress. The bridal shop I'm going to on Saturday told me they can get the Capri Royale with 3/4 sleeves but they don't have any pictures. Apparently there haven't been any released by Maggie Sottero so I'd be reluctant to have them order it and find I didn't like it. They also told me they could add sleeves themselves in any style you like (they order the same material in), add straps and make a bolero jacket from the same material for any strapless dress so there are always options.

Have fun and keep us posted - with pictures!

xx

orangetiggs
01-09-2008, 01:49 AM
the vacum bags are good but i have heard that if your dress has bones in it soemtimes it can effect them but i'm not 100%

meryll83
01-09-2008, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the advice girls, I think I'm going to have to see how much meringue there is to fit in and do a bit of measuring once the dress is chosen!

I'm going to go with Sot-tair-o on the pronounciation - please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want a telling off now do I? ;)
If they don't have it in stock I'm sure they'll have some similar styles, fingers crossed. Anway, at this point I don't even know if that look is going to suit me at all, but in my head at the moment I prefer it to the oodles of strapless styles there seem to be.

I also rang around a lot of hotels and other establishments in our local area last night to get some info sent about holding our UK reception here and found out there is a wedding fayre at one of them on the 27th (Ox Pasture Hall, Julie - if you don't fancy it, I've told Simon I'm dragging him along anyway!) - my first wedding fayre, I'm excited! When I used to work in the Wedding Gift Services department at Debenhams we had a stall one time at a wedding fayre and it was really fun!

I emailed Heidi at Disney yesterday with a few questions we had (I'll post it from my home email later - at work at the mo! - in case anyone else finds it useful) and she was really good, she got back to me really quickly and has now offered to put together an estimated proposal based on what we have so far, so I told her that would be great. (She's obviously forgotten we're an 09 wedding and not an 08, she didn't seem to want to do anything til 18 months before last time I spoke to her :lmao:) I suppose we're only 3 months off that mark now though :goodvibes

meryll83
01-09-2008, 10:05 AM
I haven't really thought about flowers much lately (I did say I'm not really a flowery person!) but another thread I came across regarding bouquet preservation has made me think that silk flowers may be the way forward.

It means we can use them again for the MK Photoshoot and not worry how far after the wedding it is, and bring them home to use at our local do as well.

I don't think I've posted this before, but I've found a really lovely bouquet (pinched from RangerPooh - my whole wedding is gonna be made up of everyone elses elements at this rate!) which I think is what I'm going to go for:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/firelookout13/19b6d324.jpg
I found out that they are black magic roses and the little white flowers are stephanotis. I'm wondering if I can get hidden mickey crystals in the centres of the stephanotis....
I would still like the bridemaids to have the reverse of this, although I'm not sure if we could get dark red stephanotis, so may have to find an alternative small flower for their bouquets.
I would like to have some stephanotis pinned in my hair, but whether or not I can buy say 4 or 5 of these individually, and in silk, from Disney I have no idea.
To add to the question list......

meryll83
01-10-2008, 05:54 AM
Bit quiet at work this morning so have been hunting ebay for some accessories which I've ended up purchasing. I'm fed up of looking at things, I wanted to get something bought, so I've bitten the bullet and now I have to have black magic roses and stephydoodah's for the bouquets!

Incidentally, in my searching Iíve discovered that Jessica Simpson had a big bouquet full of stephydoodahs, and itís the bridal flower!

Anyway, I digress! For my hair (theyíre proper hair pins):
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/pins.jpg

With necklace and earrings to match:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/necklace.jpghttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/earrings.jpg

And for the bridesmaid's hair, roses (hair pins again, itís hard to tell from the piccies though!):
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/rosepins.jpg

I haven't bought these but I also found a buttonhole:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/buttonhole.jpg

And a corsage if the mums want one each (presuming my mum makes it!):
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/meryll83/Wedding/corsage.jpg
Perhaps with red ribbon instead of white?

Iíve emailed the seller to ask if they can make these with pearls in the middle instead of the crystals shown so everything matches and asked about the red ribbon too.

Not too sure about the buttonholes and corsages yet, perhaps the dads and adam should have rose buttonholes instead and Simon can have the Stephy's?
So Iíll get Disney to make our bouquets, in silks hopefully instead of real flowers so that
1) we can use them back home coz they wonít die and
2) I really want hidden mickeys in the bouquet so Disney have to make it! The only problem is I think the hidden mickeys have to be crystals, not pearls, (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) but I prefer the pearls for the other bits (and I've bought them now!!), so the bouquet will just have to be slightly different!
I also have to go with a white dress rather than ivory now I guess, that was my intention anyway though...

So what do we think?
Reasonable investments or has my impatience got the better of me?:rotfl:

I can always resell them on ebay if worst comes to worst!

madfelice
01-10-2008, 06:20 AM
I for one love them! I think they're gorgeous and even though I'm not getting married(he has only ever proposed when I was REALLY mad at him about something so I said not now to him-how to convince him I want that ring on my finger is beyond me!), I am tempted to get some of these for myself! Would I be presumptuous to ask the name of the seller on ebay?:goodvibes

meryll83
01-10-2008, 06:27 AM
I for one love them! I think they're gorgeous and even though I'm not getting married(he has only ever proposed when I was REALLY mad at him about something so I said not now to him-how to convince him I want that ring on my finger is beyond me!), I am tempted to get some of these for myself! Would I be presumptuous to ask the name of the seller on ebay?:goodvibes

butterfly*enchantress is the username.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Butterfly-Enchantress-Designs is the ebay store address.

You can choose different colours for the flowers as well as whether you want crystals instead of pearls, and they have hair springs and bobby clips as well as the pins.

Treat yourself! :thumbsup2

Beep
01-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Meryll, they are absolutely gorgeous! I hadn't thought about silk flowers. That burgundy colour is perfect.

Oh, by the way, I went to try on the Capri Royale today. And ordered one... :banana:

I can onoly describe it as stunning :goodvibes

meryll83
01-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Yey you for ordering!!

Did they have the Lynette at all? They didn't have it in the York shop and didn't even have anything similar so that was a bit disappointing. Nearly everything they had was strapless and all really similar. I found a couple I liked and now no what sort of necklines don't suit me, but nothing wowed me.

I'm going to go though the listed Maggie suppliers and phone til I find the Lynette somewhere - I really need to try it on!

I'm going to ring our local shops tomorrow and visit a couple on Saturday if possible - hopefully the experience will be a bit more positive, the girls in this shop really didn't seem all that interested....
They weren't forthcoming with any information about anything, I had to ask them everything all the time, I'm starting to think wedding dress shopping ranks up there with the joys of bikini shopping!