PDA

View Full Version : solo cruise

bamagoofy
10-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has taken a cruise solo? I have been to wdw solo and have taken a cruise with other people. Just wondering what other people experiences have been. thanks in advance

CraftyMouse
10-17-2007, 06:03 PM
I've never cruised solo but I definitely would. There are always lots of other cruisers to chat with, if you so choose, and I'm sure there will be other DISers on your sailing. Once you book check out the Trip Meets board to find the thread for your sailing. Often you can find others to have brunch or dinner at Palo with (again, if you so choose) and there will probably be some cruise meets on your sailing as well.

One thing to keep in mind if you are cruising solo...DCL bases its stateroom rates on double occupancy. If you sail solo you will be assessed surcharge of approximately 1/2 the 1st/2nd passenger rate so you will actually end up paying 1 1/2 times the regular 1st/2nd passenger rate.

mishoe01
10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
I've done WDW and DCL solo. I went on a 4 night cruise on the Wonder this past December. I was a little nervous at first - but I did go to the tread for my cruise (see cruise meets) and got to know people. I had been on the Wonder before, so I knew what to expect, and knew that the CMs would look out for me.

We met on the cruise - some of us even in the terminal itself. I was "adopted" by several groups....for different things - like the first lunch on board and brunch at Palo's. It was also nice seeing them around the ship.

I say GO FOR IT!

TravelingDi
10-18-2007, 11:43 AM
I have cruised solo twice and have another trip planned for January. The trip in January will be a little different as there will be other family members on board. The two previous trips that I took were 3 and 4 day trips. I was very comfortable with the experience and would not hestitate to do it again. I did leave the ship to shop on one of the islands but would often stay on the ship while in port to relax by the nearly vacant pool. I did go to dinner most nights at my assigned table and got lots of compliments from people who "could never cruise alone" and gave me kudos for being able to do so. This is a great chance to get in some wondeful "me" time.