PDA

View Full Version : Ship recommanded stores ??

4 mickey
10-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi
Last year I cruised and bought at st-marteen in a jewelry store a ring wich went I got home got appraise and it was really worth was I paid for but really for you experts in jewelry shopping what would have happened if back home I would have been told it was let's say half it's price ??
Who knows if in my next cruise dh's might get tempted again ;) but I wouldn't want to be had by a store .
I know some of you are experts at this shopping thing so please give me your input Oh ! yeah next cruise we will shop in nassau any good ship recommanded jewelry store there ??
thanks
ps this being our 28th wedding anniversary a girl can hope right ?

webray
10-17-2007, 05:56 PM
The best thing to do before you leave is check prices for what you are looking for. Your local stores (jewelry or whatever), internet, etc. Be an informed shopper and then you will know if you are getting a good deal or not.

Good luck!

Windy City Heather
10-19-2007, 01:10 PM
We only shopped for jewerly at ship recommended stores. And boy did I shop. My husbands only thing was he did not want to pay customs taxes. I came in with 50 dollars to spare. If you shop at a recommended shop you have 30 days to file a claim if there is a problem. I was told that they only thing it did not cover was buyers remorse.