PDA

View Full Version : Using Dolphin's Mini-Bar 'Fridge W/O 'Breaking the Seal' ??

Bill From PA
02-17-2002, 09:21 AM
Could some kind Dolphin Vet clue me in on how to keep a few items cold in the refrigerator without breaking the dreaded Seal and incurring a cost? I've read that you need a key, that you can fit 2 or 3 bottles in as is, but that you could take some stuff out for more room. I thought this last action involved $$. Advice??

Thanks,
Bill from PA

Blondie
02-17-2002, 04:04 PM
I had read that there was a 'cost to break the seal' too, and when I questioned the CM who checked us in, he told us there is no charge to open the mini-bar. In fact, he was the one that recommended we accept the key to store our own beverages.

And that's exactly what we did!

BertieT
02-17-2002, 04:36 PM
When we stayed at the Dolphin 08/00, we managed to store enough (drinks,etc) for our needs in the minibar/fridge without any extra cost. We just took out items that did not have to be in the fridge such as a Coolie and playing cards, etc. We just left these items on top of the unit, nobody seemed to mind! I have been told of other people staying at other Disney Resorts who have managed to use the minibar/fridge without any extra cost. They just took out the contents and put them in a drawer or somewhere and asked housekeeping not to re-fill the fridge. They then just replaced the items before checking out.

BertieT

P.S. We just loved staying at the Dolphin - perfect location!

Dolphin 08/00
HRH/CSR 08/02

:cool: :)

dreamflight99
02-17-2002, 07:59 PM
There is NO CHARGE for using the mini bar...IF YOU EMPTY IT YOURSELF. If you ask housekeeping/room service/mini bar to empty it for you--you'll incur a charge. Just do exactly as Blondie (A verified Dolphin Vet!) & Bertie T advised and empty the fridge yourself. Tell housekeeping not to refill/check the fridge as you are using it for personal use. Take the items and place them in the top of the closet on the shelf for safekeeping (& out of sight..out of mind/mouth!). Enjoy the use of the Free Fridge. It does a great job for the size of it, and accomodates more than you would imagine. Enjoy your time @ the WDW Dolphin!:)

TDC Nala
02-17-2002, 10:41 PM
Same procedure at the Swan? I'll be moving to the Swan from BWV and may have perishables left over that will need cold storage.

Blondie
02-18-2002, 10:02 AM
Yep, same for the Swan too!