PDA

View Full Version : ladies- I have a question!

pixie08
10-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi Ladies (and possibly gentlemen) I was wondering how you all felt about the hair dryers on board? I have fairly thick hair and so I can't imagine these dryers will do the trick?

Also I am just trying to pack as little as possible (which is a huuuge challenge for me:rotfl: ) so I was wondering about the shampoo and conditioner. I am not suuper picky with it but I need moisturizing shampoo- will the H2O stuff do the trick? Will they bring me more if I use it all? TIA !

CRSNDSNY
10-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I cannot answer the H2O question, but I know my hair frizzes easily if I don't get it dry fast enough on high enough heat, so the onboard dryers don't do the trick for me.

We take our own.

pixie08
10-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks CrsnDisney! I just saw someone posted in another thread about the dryers! I think I better bring my own.

Still wondering about the shampoo/conditioner:goodvibes

birkner
10-17-2007, 12:54 PM
I know you mentioned you had thicky hair but in case you have curly hair, here is website that has great products for curly, thick hair.

A fellow DIS board member recommended it to me!!

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlproducts/index.php

Mickeyhugger
10-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Us girls and ladies must stick-together.:rotfl2:

I DON'T like the shampoo/conditioner onboard (or, anywhere for that matter when I travel) so I always bring my own. (I won't even get into the kind of hair I have, LOL!) And no, I'm not too fond of the dryers.;)

Everything else about the cruise? Great!

frdeb1999
10-17-2007, 01:18 PM
The hair dryers on board are'nt going to work for you if you have thick hair. Easier just to bring your own. I love the H2O line and even use it at home now. It leaves my hair softer and more managable then it's ever been. And I have color treated, med-thick, curly hair. My daughters did'nt like the smell of it and used their own.

jiminyC_fan
10-17-2007, 01:48 PM
I hate the onboard hairdryers. Thick, wavy, curly, coarse redhair here. I didn't like the smell of the H2O products. I use my own.

mattmommy
10-17-2007, 02:21 PM
I always bring at least my own conditioner, but I have to say I loved the H2O and the smell was good (for me anyway). It's in decent sized tubes and not the pygmy things they usually try to pawn off on us tourists.

I don't usually blow dry my hair, I usually put it in a pony tail and attach a hairpiece, but it's not very powerful at all.

LoriS
10-17-2007, 02:30 PM
I bring my own shampoo, conditioner and hair dryer. LOL

bamagirl@hrt
10-17-2007, 03:10 PM
I used the H2O products onboard - they were nice, but not as good for my thick, curly hair as my Curls Rock products I use at home. I like the hair dryer. I rarely dry my hair totally dry anyway, and I always use a diffuser at home. The onboard hairdryer was not very powerful, so it was about like using a diffuser to me. Didn't cause my hair to frizz (now the humidity & wind on the ship are a different story!)

missyoh8
10-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Ditto...bring your own hair dryer.

I liked the H2O last year. They did bring me more whenever I asked for it. I actually had brought my own Fakkai products but used the H2O instead.

pixie08
10-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks so much ladis!

I think i may bring my own deep conditioner and leave-in and use their shampoo...a compromise:rotfl: Otherwise between shampoo, conditioner, leave in, and frizz serum packing toiletries becomes crazy!

tmatthews
10-17-2007, 08:35 PM
While on the subject of shower products.....
do they offer a liquid body wash?

tvguy
10-17-2007, 10:12 PM
It really appears to vary from stateroom to stateroom on the hair dryers, my daughter has very thick long hair, she found the hair dryer too hot.
So if you are picky bring one.
However, after 8 cruises I have noticed that many women just plain give up after a couple of days, the wind and humidity only need about 15 minutes to undo anything you do. And as a male, may I say the "natural" look for hair often is as good or better than the styled look.

sk8ingmom
10-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks so much ladis!

I think i may bring my own deep conditioner and leave-in and use their shampoo...a compromise:rotfl: Otherwise between shampoo, conditioner, leave in, and frizz serum packing toiletries becomes crazy!

I pride myself on packing light, but I lug shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, serum, curl gunk, and compact blow dryer-diffuser (see sig photo for my crazy hair). I shower and make my hair look nice before dinner, then wake up in the morning and do the pony-tail thing for daytime on cruises.

Stephieann
10-17-2007, 11:00 PM
i do not like the shampoo on board. i prefer to bring several travel size bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Salt water and my hair do not get along.