PDA

View Full Version : childrens menus

mazz1
10-17-2007, 10:08 AM
can someone pls tell me at what age does a child move from the childrens menu to adults on the ship

my son will be 11yrs, in the parks this would mean he would not be allowed a kids menu, is it the same on the ship as looking at menus he would prefer the grown ups food choices or will he have to eat from the kids menu

also does anyone know if they do vegatarian burgers anywhere on the ship

Windy City Heather
10-17-2007, 10:11 AM
It is not like Disney, the kids can order anything. My dd5 order lobster. It was kind of funny because she was the last one to order and we all ordered lobster and then when she did the server looked at me and I said yes it really is what she wants. My dd usually got food off of the kids menu but sometimes got soup or appitizers off of the adult menu.

ibela
10-17-2007, 10:15 AM
There are no age limitations on any menu, so your son can order off the adult menu and you can order off the kids menu if you prefer to do so.

They have veggie burgers by the pool at Pluto's, not sure about the seated restaurants.

frdeb1999
10-17-2007, 10:42 AM
My 18 yr old dd ate off the kids menu a few times during dining room rotations as she was'nt interested in anything on the normal one. They are happy to do things that you would'nt necessarily see if you were at a normal resturant. Our waiter even had pizza brought down from a upper deck so she could still eat with us.

Cruisin
10-17-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm a 51 year old kid and I still order from the kids menu from time to time;)

CraftyMouse
10-17-2007, 11:02 AM
DD was 6 on our first cruise and she didn't order off of the kids' menu once. I, on the other hand, have been known to order a Mickey Bar or two from the kids' menu. Anything goes on the ships, which is nice for those of us who have kids who are a bit more adventurous in their eating habits.

Oh, and they also have veggie burgers at Cookie's on Castaway Cay.

metzfan64
10-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Last time we went, my DD was 10 and didn't like the offerings on the kids menu, but the adult menu was so fancy, she was not happy with that either...

Luckily, DCL has added some basic simple grilled entrees to the menu (steak, chicken, salmon), so now that is more to her liking...

mazz1
10-17-2007, 03:16 PM
thanks everyone for your replies, this board is great and you are making it so much easier for me

my darling daughter will be delighted to know there are veggie burgers onboard :woohoo:

deb123453
10-17-2007, 04:27 PM
when we went all my dd8 wanted for supper was corn on the cob, so thats what they brought her 1 big plate of corn. so they will mix and match what ever you like.