PDA

View Full Version : Hairdryer & Room Steward ???'s

PBJ's Mom
10-17-2007, 06:42 AM
I read the the hair dryers on board are not very powerful can anyone tell me if they are just like the dryers you find is most hotels or are the weaker than that???

How many rooms are the room stewards responsible for (on a sold out cruise)??

Thanks

lildeb724
10-17-2007, 06:55 AM
We just got off the 10/6 western. I know our Stateroom Host Kenneth had two midship Cat 3's and the Walt Dsiney Suite - How many more could he have done twice a day. Also if anyone knows - does a cm who has suites have less rooms to do? Just curious.

princesdi
10-17-2007, 07:16 AM
The blow dryers are less powerful than a hotel, but don't have thick hair so they did okay for me. I would not take a blower dryer with.

I remember asking last year when we cruised, I think she told me less than 10 rooms that they are responsible for

frdeb1999
10-17-2007, 08:45 AM
The hair dryers if you have medium thick hair will do little for you, unless you have about a hour!! We plugged ours in out in the room. There is a large mirror so it isn't a problem. Our room steward said he had 10 rooms. Not sure if that is how it goes on all floors. But with the Cat 9 that is what we were told.

CraftyMouse
10-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Just as an FYI, the hairdryers are not what most people are used to. They are closer to a longer vacuum cleaner hose with a nozzle at the end. I find them very hard to work with and prefer to bring my own.

PBJ's Mom
10-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Just as an FYI, the hairdryers are not what most people are used to. They are closer to a longer vacuum cleaner hose with a nozzle at the end. I find them very hard to work with and prefer to bring my own.
Thanks!!! I know the kind you are refering to. I'll need to bring my own!!1