PDA

View Full Version : Sat 15th December - 18th December how busy! Also question re belle's village

Janetlow
10-15-2007, 07:06 AM
Hi

Going out to disney sat 15th december to 18th, has anyone been the same time in previous years and can they tell me how busy the park is likely to be? I booked this time as it before the official schools christmas break both here and in most of europe. I am hoping that it will not be too manic.

Also read somewhere that there is a Belles's christmas village. Does anyone know where this is located and has this been there before. If so can you recall if you could have photo opps with belle beast gaston etc. My DD is absolutely Belle mad and would love to meet her.

Many thanks

Janet:)

maleficent_man
10-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Not sure about how busy it will be as I haven't been at that time before but it should be ok as it's before Xmas.

Belle's village is located in Fantasyland - just to the left of Small World, on the way to the Storybook ride. It features some cute stalls for drinks, christmas gifts, pins and so on. They did have a show in previous years but I understand that won't be on this year but I believe that there is a character location for Belle and Beast (it'll likely be right beside the exit for the Labyrinth).

Gaston features in the Halloween show so you might catch him after that.

Ware Bears
10-15-2007, 07:23 AM
I think the Saturday and Sunday are likely to be very busy but Monday and Tuesday should be much better. :)

ema74
10-15-2007, 02:34 PM
:) How funny... We went on the same dates as you last year and it was busy esp on the weekend. It wasn't that cold so we managed to go on most of the rides appropriate for our DD1 (4.5 then) and our 3 months old DD2 - we must have been mad!!! :rotfl2:

The Xmas season in DLRP is lovely... Everything is just great! Enjoy!

Ema

Janetlow
10-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks for that, I am going to keep my fingers crossed that the Monday and Tuesday are less busy. But though long as my DD gets to meet Belle, I don't mind just soaking up the atmostphere as I think it will be really magical at this time of year.

Janet:)

winchamwench
10-15-2007, 03:52 PM
We went a couple of years ago for the Christmas season and it will be just magical. We are going just before you this year 9 - 14 Dec.

When we were there there was a definite meet and greet area for the Beast. He doesnt sign autographs but there was an official photographer there or you could take your own pics.

As previously mentioned there used to be a show in Belle's Christmas Village and it was a great opportunity to get pictures with Belle and Gaston, but from what I have read on another site I don't think the musical medley is on this year, even though the village is still there.

From what I have read on other threads if there is a particular character you want to see then the best place to go and ask is at City Hall on Main Street and they should be able to tell you the best time and place to find them(perhaps someone more experienced on DLRP can confirm if I am right about this).

I also know that there are Princess Meet and Greets in front of the Castle but the queuing is usually very busy so best to avoid over the weekend and the princesses change over every 3o mins or so so there is no guarantee who you will get by the time you get to the front. We were lucky the year we went and it was Belle who was there on the first day we arrived at lunchtime and there wasn't much of a queue. Belle is DD's favourite and it made her day that she was the first character and autograph she got.

Have a great time!

Mags

NIK
10-16-2007, 07:08 AM
When I went last year there was a photo op for both Belle and The Beast. I queued with all the toddlers and wee girls in their Belle frocks to have my picture taken with THE MAN. Mind you, it completely scotched a family myth that I must have some vampire genes - I am never on famly photos:dance3: