PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest time of year to fly...

2angelsinheaven
10-14-2007, 09:02 PM
When is the "off" season for Paris? We live in Orlando, Fl and are considering a trip within the next year or so to DLRP. Our tickets are taken care of for the park but the flight prices are scaring me away. Any hints of the cheaper times of year to travel, specific days or airlines, etc.

Thanks!

Bexx
10-15-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm afraid I couldn't tell you the cheapest time for flights from the US to France, but it might be worth having a look at the Skyscanner (http://www.skyscanner.net/) website.

The very cheapest and quietest time to visit DLP is Jan/Feb - but it can also be very cold! May and September are nice times to visit for lower crowds and (hopefully) nice weather. :)

Happy Tappy
10-15-2007, 05:53 PM
www.kayak.com is another very good flight search engine. Covers pretty much every airline.

I don't think that Paris has an "off-season" as such, Disney obviously does but Paris always seems pretty busy all year round. It's a little quiter from Jan-Mar so flights may be cheaper then. I'd imagine the season in FL would have a bigger effect on flight prices for your trip.

bavaria
10-15-2007, 09:43 PM
The previous poster is correct that there really isn't much of a 'low' season in Paris (DLRP yes, but not Paris)

You will need to do your research to determine the 'best' fares from your city to Paris, and start with that. (I know that an economy ticket for me is lowest around $1,100 and a business class ticket lowest around $5,000. I consider anything around those prices a 'good' fare)

You may also want to consider other cities or airlines. For example, if I fly to FRA first and then on to Paris on Lufthansa, it doesn't cost me a penny more than just flying to FRA. Trains can be taking easily from London and Amsterdam, which are often cheap gateway cities to Europe.

bavaria
10-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Just noticed that you are near MCO. There are a number of German charters (and most likely British ones too) offering great fares into both MCO and Sanford. I know that Flossbolna just booked her next trip from Germany to MCO on Lufthansa for about 400 Euros, a great price. So consider those options as well.

bavaria
10-15-2007, 10:41 PM
OP, I did a quick search for you - US Air has a $649 fare with one stop - a good deal for Paris. Also if you are not loyal to any one airline, they often have sales for European destinations.

I suggest signing up with Travelocity's faretracker service which will advise you of fare changes between your selected cities.

DebIreland
10-16-2007, 05:17 AM
If you're willing to fly indirect Aer Lingus (www.aerlingus.com) (our Irish airline here) do some good deals from Dublin (or Shannon) direct to Orlando. You could do Orlando to Dublin rtn for about 550-600 dollars and then get a cheap onward Dublin-Paris flight with either Aer Lingus (to Charles de Gaulle) or Ryan Air (www.ryanair.com) (to Beauvais - a bit outside Paris).

ebookers.com and cheapflights.com are good sites to check.

In terms of off-season - generally when the kids aren't in school! Here is a link to the French school calendar for the coming year http://www.frenchentree.com/fe-education/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=80

Good luck! I would try many websites and many dates and just play around 'til you get the price you want.

bavaria
10-16-2007, 10:24 AM
while the school calendar is somewhat helpful, it won't really impact flights MCO-CDG as most French don't fly that route, nor will it help hotel occupancies in Paris. It WILL help with DLRP business levels.

For instance, the coming weeks kids are in school, but Paris is extremely busy with conventions.