PDA

View Full Version : Desperate for a Wii

snookhams
10-14-2007, 03:19 AM
DS would dearly love a Wii for his birthday (at begining of Dec.) we have been looking for ages but no where seems to have any, we have been checking websites for companies like John Lewis Daily but no luck. Does anyone know of any shops or online companies we can try. Thanks

jharrowell
10-14-2007, 03:58 AM
Try GAME. They had some here in the store in Bristol.

Or if your really stuck, you could always get one from eBay. That's where I got mine from.

Natasha&Matt
10-14-2007, 04:00 AM
Hiya i want to get my Boyfriend a Wii for christmas aswell , i have been looking online at Currys,woolworths,Amazon and comet =D happy shopping =) x

Mike&Mel
10-14-2007, 04:02 AM
We got ours from Game Station, the only place around here that seems have them more than the other shops. Just ring them all up and give em your number so when 1 comes in you can be there in a flash :)

Probably one of the best consoles I've had, kids love it as well LOL

emily1982
10-14-2007, 04:04 AM
Virgin megastore online definately had some yesterday afternoon as i was about to buy one and then changed my mind. I'm sure it was 179 inc game and controller. You might want to check out the moneysavingexpert website as they have quite an up to date thread going.

emily1982
10-14-2007, 04:06 AM
Just checked with virgin and it says they have them in stock.

tennisfan
10-14-2007, 05:16 AM
I read in the paper due to there being a lack of stock, Amazon & Play have wacked the price of the consoles up as they know that demand is going to be high don't know how true this is, but if you can get it at Virgin for normal price I would snap it up.

I work in Sainsburys and we have had to make a waiting list up, something our company never does.

I want one but i'm not really in a rush, i'll wait until we get them in at work so I can get my 10% discount.

Goofyish
10-14-2007, 06:41 AM
Some interesting threads from an AV forum:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629694

and stock location alerts:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466689

natalielongstaff
10-14-2007, 07:12 AM
my friend got one from the studio catalogue

CHEK
10-14-2007, 07:46 AM
We got our's from Virgin, also got discount buying with Virgin CC!, and then cleared the CC bill when it came!!:cool1: :cool1:

snookhams
10-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Thank you all for your help - I managed to get one from Virginmegastore.co.uk - now all I have to do is to think of Christmas pressies for both the boys whose birthdays are just before Christmas!! didn't plan it very well ehhh!

emily1982
10-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Glad you managed to get one, my birthday is the 14th of Dec so i know what it's like. I've asked for a wii but was told NO :rotfl: o'well

emily1982
10-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Also virgin megastores are doing 2 for 1 on some of their games at the moment.

arieliwish
10-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I managed to get one in the last couple of days by checking wii-consoles.co.uk, they have regular stock updates on several online stores - warning though, I ordered from dixons online and went right thru credit card info and even got acknowledgement email from them, then the next day email saying no stock. I eventually got one from Game and hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow or Tuesday! I'm shopping early for kids Christmas stuff!

Lynn
;)

snookhams
10-16-2007, 01:50 AM
Just recieved an email from Virgin saying that they had a glitch on website and did not actually have anystock and will not be recieving my order - I sent back a very strong reply as the money has been taken from account but no Wii. Hope no one else is disappointed,

arieliwish
10-16-2007, 03:37 AM
Oh no, that's what dixons did to me. Keep trying that wii-consoles site, it seems game and a few others keeps getting stock for a few minutes at intervals throughout the day. I now know 5 people who need a wii ( Ha DD keeps saying that!) so I'm checking often.

Good luck!

Lynn
:goodvibes

tennisfan
10-16-2007, 08:07 AM
The Virgin megastore in Bluewater had some in stock last night.

snookhams
10-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks Tennisfan I will try and get there tonight not too far just over the bridge from here, might give them a ring first though as I don't want a wasted journey

oceanscape
10-16-2007, 09:14 AM
never mind....

emily1982
10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Sorry to hear the problems with Virgin, feel bad now as i was the one who linked you. Gamestation had some in in our local shop.

snookhams
10-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Don't Worry emily1982 these things happen - didn't manage to get to Bluewaters but DH works at Heathrow and Dixons airside (duty free) hope to have some in the next few days and the sports package would be 153 wow so as we have a few weeks will try to get it from there, if not I will be in Sheffield and Loughborough during half term so will look for it there!!

tennisfan
10-17-2007, 05:29 AM
Thats good to hear Snookhams.

We had some in work yesterday, i'm tempted to buy one especially as our discount has been increased to 15% till the new year:thumbsup2

Cinderella2006
10-17-2007, 07:06 AM
Argos had them in stock online this morning and they are offering a 10 voucher with every purchase of 100 or over :thumbsup2

Woolworths also had them in stock as are many other retailers in dribs and drabs.

arieliwish
10-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Hi all,

Between myselft, a friend, and a cousin, we've been ordering from several sites hoping that we'd get one each. The confirmation emails have been slow in confirming stock but it looks like we'll have 7 between us!!! Oops!!

We know a couple of other people that want them but don't think we'll have any trouble selling them on!

Lynn
:rotfl:

jillrobinson
10-18-2007, 01:01 PM
I got mine from Gamestation, I registered with them and they emailed me the day before to say - Wii's available online at 10.30 tomorrow.

This is also really useful since I got mine I've had numerous emails of stock alerts from different stores.
http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/

and if you leave the desktop thingie open whilst you're online, the moment stock comes in anwhere it alerts you.

Hope you get one, I only discovered there was a shortage by accident, had been planning to do all my Christmas shopping when we got back from DLRP.

snookhams
10-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah :cool1: :cool1: DH got one at Heathrow for 153!!! and its sods law our local argos had them in stock as well - it never rains it pours...... Hope everyone who wants one gets it. Good Luck