PDA

View Full Version : akl concierge discounts

cottontail
02-16-2002, 09:37 AM
Hello:

I do not want to know the code, but just want to know if anybody has been able to book the ankl resort concierge with a discount and what the rate is. I called a few times and was told no discounted rooms, looking for end of april beginning of may.

Deb.

LKS
02-16-2002, 09:41 AM
It was for June, but I had a courtesy hold for an AP rate that was 365.34 or about 156 less than rack rate. I let it go because by the time I bought my AP, paid for the room and took the sunrise safari, we were talking mega buck over the deluxe Savannah. I think it was a great rate, but we just would not have gotten our money's worth.

Oh, and for comparison, the CIF and ZWUR discount rates were both 410.66, also for mid-late June. ( I can put those in now, can't I?)

Minybear
02-16-2002, 09:50 AM
Are you a DC member. I got a 15% discount through them for our resv's for AKL concierge this last January. Try that. I also recieved an additional $50 off also.

chrissyk
02-16-2002, 10:09 AM
I was offered the AKL for a discount (don't remember what, but I think it was decent) when I called 2 days ago to book. I asked for a "home away from home" resort at the Disney Institute, but it was not available to non Disney Vacation Club members, so I then asked what upsells were available. They offered the AKL at that point. We were not interested in that resort so I did not note the rate. HTH you to get a good rate for that hotel.

Beach_Bums
02-16-2002, 10:54 AM
I received a postcard BUT many were receiving 'upsells' for similar rates...

April (Peak Season) - $354 including tax.

Cora
02-16-2002, 03:22 PM
I have an AP rate of $329 w/o tax for memorial day weekend.
Cora