PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Backdrop Suggestion?

MarkBarbieri
10-10-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm going to set up some studio lights in the garage this Halloween and shoot the neighbor kids as the come by to trick or treat. What do you think I should use as a background? I was thinking about white because so many halloween costumes are black and they would stand out better. On the other hand, white is not a particularly halloweeny color.

What do the studios use for halloween photo backdrops?

Jeanne B
10-10-2007, 07:12 PM
I just looked at our picture from MNSSHP and the backdrop they used for the free photos was purple. There's a few pumpkins and ghosts scattered around as part of the backdrop and there's a black border around the entire picture.

Steve's Girl
10-10-2007, 07:40 PM
I did Halloween pictures of my kids a few years ago with a white backdrop with a bail of hay for them to sit on, a few pumpkins and fake leaves scattered around. Their costumes really showed up well with the white and the fall motif worked well.

Marinerbaby
10-11-2007, 11:11 AM
I use black in studio. I just make sure to backlight to get the separation from the child. Brown (I use a Silverlake "Nugget") also works well and is a great color for Fall especially with hay and pumpkins. :)