PDA

View Full Version : Is this going to be a problem??

tigger300686
10-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Ok i'm going to phone disney and add two children to my booking, but there not arriving untill a day later than we are, would that be a problem for us checking in? do they ask to see anything,pasports? i cant remmeber

R.S.Winters
10-10-2007, 05:21 AM
nope, disney dont require passports, and they usually only ask one person checks in at the desk - i went last month and we were one person down (my dad couldny make it) - they never knew who was with me or how many of us. they never asked and i never told them!
so long as the lead name on the booking checks in at the desk then the rest will be ok!!
D.

tigger300686
10-10-2007, 06:40 AM
Thanks,:thumbsup2 this is an interesting point.

Sorry for the undescriptive first post, i was in abit of a tiz when i wrote it yesterday,(panicking it wasnt going to be ok)

I just phoned disney today and the lady i spoke to was very helpful and sorted it all out without a problem.

My bf and i booked our hotel via disney direct and the eurostar from eurostar back in aug. My sister then said to me about a week ago that she would love to come with her family(dh and 3 children). So i started searching round fo the best deal but everything was booked up for the dates we're going 30th dec - 2nd jan:sad2: . So i looked around but only found dates that would mean we wouldnt get to spend so much time together. But then i found some cheap flights for the 31st till the 2nd but no hotel that would could sleep 5 ppl:sad2: :sad2: . So with us having the spare bunkbed in our room it made sense for us to put one or two of the children in with us, and they just get another room in the same hotel and we ask for adjoining room. I spoke to disney to add one of the kids to our booking. the lady said that if the child was arriving with us or not we would need it in writing from their parents that their child was staying with us. But in this case it wasn't a problem evan tho the child would be arriving a day later because he would be coming with his parents.As we had to pay for the child for the same stay as us it just means we will have an extra day's unused ticket but that doesnt matter as it is worth the extra little cost to have them all with us:grouphug: . The other interesting thing was i woudn't have been able to do it with the youngest child(3yrs old) i guess this is because she is free with the offer that is on at the moment.:goodvibes

Anyway sorry its abit long winded, just thought it was an interesting point to share. Esp as it has worked out alot cheaper&we get to spend alot more time with them then if they had booked else where.

I'm soooo excited now,my niece(3yrs old) has just started liking disney~she loves princesses and it will be her first time,i cant wait to see her face.:goodvibes
:cheer2: :cheer2:

MsFreud
10-10-2007, 07:42 AM
How weird. First time we went, they asked for our passports at the hotel (Santa Fe) for check in. When we went the last time, we stayed at the Elysee, and they didn't.... Just in case next time, I will keep the passports closer to the top of my bag for check in.

R.S.Winters
10-10-2007, 08:10 AM
yes, if you book a room using AP you will need it to BOOK the room AND when you CHECK IN. they WILL ask for it! as i have discovered myself!

D.

jillrobinson
10-10-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm soooo excited now,my niece(3yrs old) has just started liking disney~she loves princesses and it will be her first time,i cant wait to see her face.:goodvibes
:cheer2: :cheer2:

My niece was 3 on her first trip last year and she adored it, I can't wait to go back with her in November to see her reaction now she's a little older.

Glad you got the rooms sorted :thumbsup2