PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian Wheelchair User in Paris?

OneLittleSpark
10-09-2007, 02:15 PM
OK, my question is, can it be done or am I a fool for even contemplating it? We're looking at spending a few days in Paris near the beginning of December, with one day at DLP :goodvibes. Now, I know the Disney bit won't be a problem, I trust them to sort me out easily enough, my worry is the rest of the trip. Food I can probably handle, as I'm used to doing veggie in 'less veggie' countries (though any tips or suggestions would be appreciated), but it's my wheels I'm worried about. Does anyone know how easy it is to get about the city on wheels? Has anyone ever navigated it with a wheelchair or buggy?

I really don't want to burden my fella or slow him down, but nor do I want to give the trip a miss if I can help it. He's never been to Paris, and I'd love to make this a good trip, just the two of us.

Any suggestions or advice, or am I just mad?

TIA! :thumbsup2

Cyrano
10-09-2007, 05:02 PM
I don't think you are mad for wanting to visit one of the most beautiful cities.
can't help with direct experience but have a look here (http://www.apparelyzed.com/support/holidays/worldwide/paris.html)

bavaria
10-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Definitely go and enjoy! I have lots of veggie suggestions for outside Disneyland Paris (I am veggie and have worked in Paris and am proof that veggies will NOT starve in France)

Perhaps our helpful mod could post a link to 'that' veggie thread ;) . If you start on page two you will find some good ideas.... and DLRP veggie food has even become better in the last year!

obscure
10-10-2007, 03:22 AM
For veggie food in disney the best we found was at the Rainforest cafe & King Ludwig's Castle.

DH had the pasta at the castle & me and the children had the veggie burgers - they were delicious! Also the veggie burgers at the rainforest cafe were yummy!

I found the cheesy pasta at most of the other places was REALLY strong (very strong goats cheese etc) so if you like that kind of thing then I am sure you'll enjoy that too.

Cafe Mickey had a noodle dish which was veggie and 2 veggie starters (I just had mushroom soup instead of a main and they were fine with that), the other starter was a tomato / mozarella tart which also looked good.

In the parks themselves we mainly found ommelette burgers, roasted veg baguettes (quite tomatoey), 4 cheese pizza or cheese & mushroom toastie (though these werent that great as they were in the self service places so had not been freshly cooked).

In Paris itself there are some fantastic places - we ate at an amazing cheese restaurant. Even 5 years after we ate there my mouth still waters at the thought of the cheese flan we had. There was also a wholefood restaurant with soya milk etc!

We had some good meals at Val d'Europe too - there is a chinese place opposite the entrance to the RER station that had a few options (though be warned their vegetarian chop suey is mostly beansprouts, peppers and bamboo shoots - fine for us, but you may want some brocolli etc too LOL!). There was also a fab galette / crepe place also opposite the RER stop there.

:) Sadie

bavaria
10-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Here's the veggie thread - best to start on page 2! :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1396772

OneLittleSpark
10-11-2007, 06:22 AM
Thank you all so much for the help and encouragement. I was getting myself a bit worried, but I guess it was mostly fear of the unknown. The link to the page about Paris on wheels was really useful, thank you! The thread about veggie DLP looks great too, but I've not yet had the time to read it.

Thanks again guys!