PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between Walt Disney Travel Company and CRO?

IndyWDWfan
02-15-2002, 12:59 PM
I'm a newbie to DIS. I am confused on the difference between WDTC and CRO. Can anyone explain? Who should I be dealing with? :confused:

Buzz2001
02-15-2002, 02:05 PM
Click here for an explanation (http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html)

IndyWDWfan
02-15-2002, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the info, Buzz! I'm already planning for Nov 2002 and want to get an early start!

dizfamily
02-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Just wanted to comment on my experience with WDTC. I joined the DIsney Club to get the discounts not realizing that in order to book my hotel room, I would HAVE to go through WDTC. I didn't even realize it was WDTC until I got my confirmation. With WDTC you have to pay the entire amount IN FULL within 45 days of your arrival. Since I've been planning this vacation within a relatively short time (i didn't even start planning until probably mid-January and we leave in less than 2 weeks). I would've had to pay the entire balance immediately. I didn't realize this until it was too late and the reservation was canceled. I called the other day to make another reservation and they absolutely would not take any reservation from me without paying the entire balance over the phone with a CC, which I didn't want to do. I called CRO to complain and even spoke with a "guest relations" person with no luck whatsoever. I am really frustrated with the whole thing. I'm not sure what I'll do now...we leave in 12 days and have no hotel booked yet.

IndyWDWfan
02-19-2002, 03:02 PM
dizfamily, sorry to here about your problems with WDTC.

I'm new to the DIS boards and still am having problems navigating and getting back to the subsribed threads I want to track--so I appreciate the information and sorry it took me time to respond.

I've contemplated on DC membership and I think you just helped answer my question!!! My DH and I have always gone alone and bought a package deal. It worked great with 2 adults, but I don't think we'll get our $ worth with 3yo and 18mo. I thought DC would be a good way to save on the much talked about a la carte method, but I still learning....

Let me know what happens....

corndog
02-19-2002, 03:30 PM
WDTC and CRO are now virtually one and the same. I have booked our April trip through WDTC. We had to make a $100 deposit within 10 days, pay in full 21 days prior to arrival (not 45) and we get a full refund if we cancel at least 5 days out. Also we have the ability to change/modify our reservation at any time. I think the 2 groups used to be in different silos, but now they operate rather seamlessly.