PDA

View Full Version : HIlton Head in the Spring with 7 month window

HootDad
02-15-2002, 09:40 AM
I haven't posted to this board for a long time and the search function is not working - so forgive me if this is an oft-covered subject. We are thinking of going to HH *next* Spring (2003 - I'm thinking ahead here...) What do you think are the chances of getting a 1 bedroom using the 7-month window?

A) No problem.
B) Book it day-to-day, but should be OK.
C) Expect to be wait-listed, but you'll probably get it.
D) Expect to be wait-listed and make back-up plans.
E) Fuhgetaboudit

Forgot to mention - it will be the week before Easter.

Any thoughts appreciated.

John Thompson AKA HootDad http://www.thompsonfamilyweb.com

dtheboys
02-15-2002, 09:45 AM
Hi,
I called at the 7 month window for any weekdays in the first two weeks of June 2002.
I was told no STUDIOS. You may have better luck w/ a One bedroom, but I'm on the wait list for a studio......
GOOD LUCK!!!
Doug

Fenceman
02-15-2002, 09:55 AM
I believe it will depend on how early in Spring you plan on staying. The warmer it gets, the harder it will be to get a room. I do not think you will have a problem if you call right at the 7 month window. A 2-bedroom would be a lot easier to reserve so you may have to stay one less night in a 2-bedroom for the extra points.

I would rate it a (B)

Good Luck

disneyelaine
02-15-2002, 10:03 AM
I don't know about 1 bedroom, but I called day by day for a 2 bedroom at the 7 mth mark for the week before Easter. I got it, but just barely. You would have to call exactly at 9am. And you would have better luck with 2 bedrooms because there are more of them.

scootert
02-15-2002, 10:13 AM
We went the first week of May in 2001 -- had no problem reserving a studio

Windjammer
02-15-2002, 10:40 AM
Just booked for 2BR in August at about 6 months out. Asked for Sun through Thursday nights. All nights were available except Sunday night, was waitlisted. By the time I got my confirmation in the mail all 5 nights were booked, Sunday night had opened up almost immediately.

Steve

sgtpet
02-15-2002, 11:07 AM
I attempted to get a 1 bedroom at hh for the first week in June. I realized too late that maybe I should go day by day. So I got the last 2 nights and was placed on a waitlist for the other nights. Then I called a week later and was able to find a one bedroom in early May. Luckily my waitlist came through but it seemed the earlier in spring you go the more availability there is at the 7 month window.

Good luck

WebmasterDoc
02-15-2002, 11:53 AM
There are only 21 1BR's and 21 Studios at HH. Easter is a busy time at that resort.

You'll never know until you call, but you might want to consider trading a reservation at your home resort with a HH member and having them reserve at 11 months for you.

Good Luck!

KirstenB
02-15-2002, 02:47 PM
We've booked HH in March for the last 2 years, no problem. This year I tried each of the first 3 weeks in March. The first 2 were unavailable, I did get the 17th-21st, but am currently stuck with a 2 br for just my husband and me. I'm trying to convince Mom (who's watching our daughter) to bring Andi down with her on Tuesday...

benhannah's mom
02-15-2002, 03:17 PM
We booked the first week of June in a 2BR by calling day by day without any problem at the 7 month window. Early June may be a little easier than later.

TIdoublegaER
02-15-2002, 04:42 PM
I would definately call day by day since there are so few 1bdrms.

Margie J
02-15-2002, 04:43 PM
Last year I went in early May and booked a studio at 5 months out. I heard the following week was packed. All depends on demand and luck sometimes.

JVL1018
02-15-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by KirstenB
We've booked HH in March for the last 2 years, no problem. This year I tried each of the first 3 weeks in March. The first 2 were unavailable, I did get the 17th-21st, but am currently stuck with a 2 br for just my husband and me. I'm trying to convince Mom (who's watching our daughter) to bring Andi down with her on Tuesday...

I booked this same week at the 7 month window and got a 1 bdrm no problem. Looks like the resort will be semi-busy, I'm glad to hear it. I had visions of the 4 of us being all alone. LOL

Luv2Dream
02-16-2002, 06:28 PM
I booked a 1BR for the last week of May at the 7 month window and had no problem. Guess I was lucky!