PDA

View Full Version : Interesting day at Disneyland today.....10-7

Disney Hot Mama
10-07-2007, 10:50 PM
My family and I headed to Disney today for an afternoon of fun... it was fun but there was a HUGE organized group throughout the parks..... all wearing red shirts! They were all over. Thankfully everyone was well behaved and though I was worried about explaining this to my kids they were oblivious to everything except noticing the red shirts all over the parks..

It was crowded - but I guess with about 20,000 extras that is to be expected. We sitll had an enjoyable time at both parks looking at the Halloween decorations - which is why we went. We will be there next Friday too for the Halloween Trick or Treat at California Adventure....

Was anyone else there today?

Another^Dimension
10-08-2007, 05:14 AM
a HUGE organized group throughout the parks..... all wearing red shirts

I think it's the unofficial gay days weekend at the DL Resort.

Glad you all had a great time. :goodvibes

I think it was a nice day in Anaheim by late afternoon/evening, but too dry and warm for me the rest of the day.

Disney Hot Mama
10-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I think it's the unofficial gay days weekend at the DL Resort.
I think it was a nice day in Anaheim by late afternoon/evening, but too dry and warm for me the rest of the day.

It was gay days - but I didn't want to offend anyone... I was pleasantly suprised at how well (other than the crowds) everyone behaved... :)
It was way to hot for me though.... Shockingly hot......
We are back again on Friday night for the Halloween Trick or Treat at DCA. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler by then...

bumbershoot
10-08-2007, 01:33 PM
20K, wow.

I know there was also a "mega meet" of another Disney fan message board, and a "quest" of some sort going on at the same time by that same message board...that AND it was the weekend for Columbus Day (I've never had that off as a working person, but I know that many do!)...it's going to lead to one crowded park!

Glad you didn't see the same shirts someone else saw, with inappropriate things on them that were reported. :)

DisQueen
10-08-2007, 06:50 PM
We had planned to visit on Sunday to see the Halloween decorations, but changed plans when I realized it might be really crowded. Glad we made the change. How were the decorations? My kids are 9 and 5 and they are really excited to see how everything is decorated. On our last visit, DL had decorations we could see on the parking lot tram. Was Woody's round-up worth visiting? I'm guessing yes for DD(5), but take DS(9) on Haunted Mansion instead.

Disney Hot Mama
10-08-2007, 06:57 PM
How were the decorations? My kids are 9 and 5 and they are really excited to see how everything is decorated. On our last visit, DL had decorations we could see on the parking lot tram. Was Woody's round-up worth visiting? I'm guessing yes for DD(5), but take DS(9) on Haunted Mansion instead.

THe decorations are pretty. I will include a link to some photos later tonight - after I get them posted... :)
DD5 will enjoy Woody's Roundup and DS and DD will LOVE the Haunted Mansion...... we had fun at DCA too! The Candy Corn Acres is a bit 'corney' but worth the trip to visit.

heatherleigh
10-08-2007, 11:15 PM
We were not there, and that is the reason why. I actually intended on our trip being a week earlier, but decided against it because of Gay Days. I did not want to have to explain, nor did I want to brave the crowds.

Fortunately I joined this board before making our reservations, otherwise I wouldn't have known.

I have a friend who went last week, and was not aware of it. She didn't care anyway, but I did tell her not to wear red lol.

cinderella_mom
10-09-2007, 06:17 PM
We were there on Sunday, too! My friend went on Saturday night for about an hour and estimated the people there for Gay Days made up close to 25% of the crowd. On Sunday, we didn't see nearly that many people in red shirts, but it was sure crowded.

kelmac284
10-10-2007, 11:40 AM
We will be at the MHT on the 12th as well. See you there! :)