PDA

View Full Version : 1st time in Disneyland PAris

cristigis
10-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Hi, I'm Italian, so... sorry for my English.
Next week I book for April in DLP. On 29 April will be my daughter's 4th birthday and same day before will be three years that she is with us.
I think to book to Sequoia Lodge that it seems no so far away as Cheyenne is.

We will stay fron 27 April to 1 MAy.

I think to buy the half board tickets.

I think to have a lunch to Auberge de Cendrillon (29 april), than that afternnon the birthday party in "Plaza Gardens Restaurant".

Than on 30 April we'll have lunch at “The Lucky Nugget Saloon”.

I'd like to try also Billy bob's saloon and the Sequoia restaurant.

Now I'm waitind to see if VEA will organise a Beaveaus-DLP shuttle to decide between Ryanair or EAsyjet.

What do you thinks.

Cristina

Bexx
10-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Hello Cristina and welcome to the DIS :goodvibes

The Hotel Cheyenne really isn't much further from the parks than Sequoia Lodge. Both are very nice hotels, it depends which theme you prefer and if you would like one with a swimming pool, which is available at Sequoia Lodge, but not at the Cheyenne.

I think to have a lunch to Auberge de Cendrillon (29 april), than that afternnon the birthday party in "Plaza Gardens Restaurant".

Both sound lovely to do with your daughter, and I realise that you want it to be special for her birthday - but may I suggest that, to make the most of them, you do them on different days.

Now I'm waitind to see if VEA will organise a Beaveaus-DLP shuttle to decide between Ryanair or EAsyjet.

The VEA has been running for about 15 years now, and they haven't started a shuttle from Beauvais yet, I'm afraid.

Cyrano
10-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi cristigis and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038), DIS posting guidelines can be found here (http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm) and details regarding help on signatures here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=976007)

bavaria
10-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Welcome! your English is very good - we are an international group here so please don't feel shy about posting

Having stayed at both the Cheyenne and the Sequoia Lodge a few times, I would choose the theme that pleases you most. The Sequoia is a few steps less walk, but not that much of a difference.

Even though the Cheyenne is quite a bit less on many nights, it has a wonderful theme and is very comfortable. The breakfast is a little more scurried, as at the Sequoia you are preseated and then choose your food - it's the reverse at the Cheyenne.

(and very cute photo!) :)

jillrobinson
10-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Hello Christina and welcome to DIS, it's so exciting planning your first trip :goodvibes

I have stayed at both Cheyenne and Sequoia Lodge and there is very little to choose between the 2, other than the swimming pool, but would agree totally with bavaria, the breakfast at SL is more civilised.

I think the Auberge de Cendrillon, sounds wonderful as a Birthday treat, have you considered having a birthday cake here after your meal, rather than booking a second meal at the Plaza Gardens in the same day.

Ware Bears
10-07-2007, 06:23 AM
Hi Cristina, welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

giuly09
10-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Hi Cristina!!
Welcome here, i am Giulia and i am from Siena, great to see another Italian on this board :goodvibes
My family and me were in DLP in September (16th to 20th) and had a great time :banana:
I have two grown up kids (Edoardo is 21 :eek: and Enrico is 14) so our situation is a bit different from yours, NO WAY they would come with me at Aubuerge de Cendrillon for eg. but they let me have Breakfast with characters.
I agree with Bexx, i would not go for it and the birthday tea party on the same day anyway, it might be worth to have the Birthday Party on *the* day and the princess meal in the day after.
As i said i have not been there myself but according to the menu it seems a bit expensive for the food the give you but it might be worth for the princess' presence.
We have had dinner every day at Annette's because my two boys loved it -me too because of the *Happy Days* atmosphere can tell - i would had loved to try Rainforest Cafe one night but you know how men are lol

We stayed at Cheyenne, rooms are a bit tight for 4 adults but all we wanted was a place to have a bath and sleep so we chose the cheap option. I agree breakfast was a bit of a fight but it was the same the day we had Good Morning Fantasyland :confused3

When i started planning this trip last April i wondered a lot about flying from Pisa to Beauvais but then the flights times didnt suit us and so we went from Bologna to CDG, a little more expensive but not as much as going from Florence :scared:

I have posted my daily trip reports and a link to our pictures is you want to have a look, they are on this board :cutie:

DLPdaft
10-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi,

Just to add, the adult price for the Princess meal at the Auberge de Cendrillon is now 55 euros per adult. Its still 20 euros per child. This was the price advertised outside the restaurant this week.

Elaine

countingstars
10-07-2007, 09:08 AM
hi cristina, if you need info in italian contact me by PM

glad to help you!

Ware Bears
10-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Just to add, the adult price for the Princess meal at the Auberge de Cendrillon is now 55 euros per adult.

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

giuly09
10-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Hi,

Just to add, the adult price for the Princess meal at the Auberge de Cendrillon is now 55 euros per adult. Its still 20 euros per child. This was the price advertised outside the restaurant this week.

Elaine

I thought 48 euros was ALREADY too much, 55 euros is a shock :scared1:
For that price i want to dine with the Queen too lol

Twyler
10-08-2007, 07:37 AM
That's getting ridiculous! I'd hoped to visit there when we go in March but for 2 adults and 2 children that's going to be approx 105 !!!!!

cristigis
10-08-2007, 09:17 AM
I booked 5 minutes ago.
We will in DLP fron 27th April 2008 to 1st MAy 2008 at Sequiai Lodge Montano room.

Bexx
10-08-2007, 09:39 AM
I booked 5 minutes ago.
We will in DLP fron 27th April 2008 to 1st MAy 2008 at Sequiai Lodge Montano room.

Wonderful :cheer2:

bavaria
10-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Cristina, you made a wonderful choice! have fun planning your trip

giuly09
10-08-2007, 12:31 PM
I booked 5 minutes ago.

That's great, you will have a wonderful time :banana: :banana: :banana:

cristigis
10-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Thnks you very much.

For april there are new price for HB and birthday party. 1 more each.

So adult HB 25
child 11

and birthday party 19 each.

giuly09
10-08-2007, 01:14 PM
A birthday is something special so it doesnt sound too expensive to me - well compared to other DLP prices anyway lol