PDA

View Full Version : *Strictly Come Dancing Thread*

Pages : [1] 2

mandymouse
10-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Yay, get your frocks on, grab your partners and get down on the dance floor as the new series of SCD starts tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to it, and for more info on the celebs taking part this year see here http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/contestants/

They've changed the format a bit this year with the results on Sunday evening and the bottom two have to dance again for the judges and they have the final say (so we don't lose someone like Spoony from last year too early I guess)

I'm pleased that SCD - It takes two starts Monday night with Claudia too, so I'm just about settled and ready for this winter's TV

I do feel a bit torn though, as my bessie mate will be in the audience for Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway (I'll watch the beginning and then tape the rest of it)

So as Brucie and Tess would say 'keep dancing' http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/7.gif

Mandy :)

Andrew DEREK UK
10-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Yay, get your frocks on, grab your partners and get down on the dance floor as the new series of SCD starts tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to it, and for more info on the celebs taking part this year see here http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/contestants/

They've changed the format a bit this year with the results on Sunday evening and the bottom two have to dance again for the judges and they have the final say (so we don't lose someone like Spoony from last year too early I guess)

I'm pleased that SCD - It takes two starts Monday night with Claudia too, so I'm just about settled and ready for this winter's TV

I do feel a bit torn though, as my bessie mate will be in the audience for Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway (I'll watch the beginning and then tape the rest of it)

So as Brucie and Tess would say 'keep dancing' http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/7.gif

Surprise surprise, I really look forward to it, its good clean family entertainment and i like the change in format to the USA/BBC show format of Dancing with the stars.

There could be an exit before it starts with Kate already having feet/tendon problems.

I like the idea of the judges having the final decision, its a bit like Fame Academy at least we will not loose a 'spooney' this year.

scottishsue
10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
I'll also be looking forward to this. It's good clean family fun for a Saturday evening, (along with Ant & Dec, X-Factor etc).

So the wine and the chocolate will be at the ready !! (diet people don't listen) !!!

Chilly
10-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm looking foward to the new series and have got tickets to see the show taped the last weekend in November :woohoo:

Any early thoughts on who'll win this year?

florida sun
10-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Really looking forward to this,:thumbsup2 although Im not a big Brucie fan:)

Goofysmate
10-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Ditto , :thumbsup2

mandymouse
10-05-2007, 11:28 AM
So the wine and the chocolate will be at the ready !! (diet people don't listen) !!!

LOL - Ssshhh, we'll keep that quiet then :rotfl2:

Any early thoughts on who'll win this year?

No, I've no idea, but I would imagine that Alesha (Misteeq) and Matt (lad from Eastenders, I think) could be possible favourites. It's going to be fun to watch Gabby & hubby Kenny get competitive too

I agree Sue, Brucie drives me bonkers too, I think I'd rather see Philip Schofield host this

TinkTatoo
10-05-2007, 11:35 AM
DD and I are really looking forward to this - we're wondering if Willie Thorn will be the Peter Schmeical of this lot :)

mandymouse
10-05-2007, 11:46 AM
DD and I are really looking forward to this - we're wondering if Willie Thorn will be the Peter Schmeical of this lot :)

LOL - I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the first out, or maybe John Barnes, especially as it is a guy that will leave this week, which thankfully may give Kate time recover for next week

Tora Millypoops
10-05-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm looking forward to this too, I'm also watching Robin Hood and Ugly Betty.

Verity Chambers
10-05-2007, 02:35 PM
I love Strictly Come Dancing! Hurrah, it's back! :dance3:

T16GEM
10-06-2007, 03:05 AM
I have been looking forward to this starting! I bet DH won't let me watch it though, even though DD loves the "dancin" as she calls it!

Lizzy Lemon
10-06-2007, 04:03 AM
Really looking forward to this,:thumbsup2 although Im not a big Brucie fan:)

I can't stand the man, he's well past his sell by date. I read he gets over £400,000 for the series, Tess gets £100,000 and the professional dancers, get this, £13,670!!!! They're the ones doing all the blooming work. I'll see this weeks then miss the next three Saturdays with being away!

natalielongstaff
10-06-2007, 05:06 AM
Mandy let us know if you manage to spot your friend on ant and dec !!

mandymouse
10-06-2007, 06:03 AM

Will do :thumbsup2

Joanne UK
10-06-2007, 07:27 AM
I love SCD and can't wait for it to start.

I hope it's not all going to be about Kelly Brook this year though.

mandymouse
10-06-2007, 07:53 AM
According to their website, Kate isn't taking part tonight to give her a chance to recover

http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/news/2007/10/05/49616.shtml

T16GEM
10-06-2007, 08:03 AM
what time does it start?

Andrew DEREK UK
10-06-2007, 08:26 AM
6.15pm

TinkTatoo
10-06-2007, 11:19 AM
6.15pm

We're on a countdown in our house :dance3:

mandymouse
10-06-2007, 12:47 PM

Well her photo came up twice when they were doing 'Win the ads' and I'm sure she was also sitting not far from the girl who had to read the autocue (I'll check later *** I taped it)

Andrew DEREK UK
10-06-2007, 01:29 PM
SCD Great show, I think Willie will go!

mandymouse
10-06-2007, 01:33 PM
SCD Great show, I think Willie will go!

I agree, though I must say I thought the judges were rather harsh for a first week

I thought the girls were great

Andrew DEREK UK
10-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I agree, though I must say I thought the judges were rather harsh for a first week

I thought the girls were great

The ladies were great I actually Agreed with the judges this week they were spot on. Len was a gentleman tonight. Actually they didnt like Gethan from BP much. Brian had the lowest score, but we will have to see what happens Sunday, hope a newspaper doesnt spoil it, as its recorded at 9pm.

TinkTatoo
10-07-2007, 02:53 AM
Was it me or did anyone else thing Bruce was embarrassing :confused3

Can't wait to see the show tonight

florida sun
10-07-2007, 02:56 AM

I agree, I always think he is embarrassing, I just dont like his style of presenting anymore, years ago he was great at his game, dont know why but now I find him pushy and arrogant.:confused3

Andrew DEREK UK
10-07-2007, 05:02 AM

Bruce is in his 80's and last of the showmen, to hold down a 75 min live show at his age, he is doing very well, so many others will not do live TV.

Pity we do not have an more showmen following him up.

RATINGS

Too close to call current early figures 7.4 million SCD, 7.5 million X -Factor, which has been running for a month or so.

TinkTatoo
10-07-2007, 06:22 AM
Bruce is in his 80's and last of the showmen, to hold down a 75 min live show at his age, he is doing very well, so many others will not do live TV........

True - and usually he's great to watch. I just felt that last night he just didn't sparkle at all. He did mention that he's had flu this week so perhaps that was why.

Wonder who's going out tonight

Andrew DEREK UK
10-07-2007, 06:34 AM
True - and usually he's great to watch. I just felt that last night he just didn't sparkle at all. He did mention that he's had flu this week so perhaps that was why.

Wonder who's going out tonight

Yes, he did say he had flu, the studio didnt laugh too much at his 'jokes' but it is hard to do it live.

Lizzy Lemon
10-07-2007, 09:01 AM
The so called jokes are just awful - goodness knows who writes them! I didn't like that he mentioned TWICE that Rod Stewart was once his warm up act! Talk about blowing your own trumpet! Sorry just don't like the man, he's had his day.

Andrew DEREK UK
10-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Brian has gone, thats 'Murder on the dance floor' the only Dissapointment is Karen has gone as well, last years winner, hope they can use her elsewhere on the show.

Merylj
10-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Poor old Brucie! can`t say I like him through....
I was really sorry karen is out, though whatsisface was the worst dancer so it was fair. I`d like Wullie to do well - such a nice bloke.

Andrew DEREK UK
10-07-2007, 01:11 PM
The so called jokes are just awful - goodness knows who writes them! I didn't like that he mentioned TWICE that Rod Stewart was once his warm up act! Talk about blowing your own trumpet! Sorry just don't like the man, he's had his day.

Did you see Bruces Las Vegas programme before SCD it was very good, and as SCR results was recorded last night for tonight, it was far better, going live mistakes can occur.

mandymouse
10-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Brian has gone, thats 'Murder on the dance floor' the only Dissapointment is Karen has gone as well, last years winner, hope they can use her elsewhere on the show.

I agree, I think Karen is great, so I hope we see more of her. I'm so pleased that Kenny stayed - just so we can see the banter between him and Gabby

I look forward to seeing Claudia tomorrow night and then the girls dancing next week - it should be good :thumbsup2

Lizzy Lemon
10-08-2007, 02:48 AM
Did you see Bruces Las Vegas programme before SCD it was very good, and as SCR results was recorded last night for tonight, it was far better, going live mistakes can occur.

No, I didn't see it Andrew, I was at work, saw SCD on video when I got home and eating my tea! Live shows shouldn't be a problem for him I would have thought with his experience, why are they making such a fuss about Sunday's show being live when its so obviously recorded on Saturday night. Its been mentioned on the radio this morning that John Barnes was reporting on a sporting event abroad yesterday afternoon and Kenny Logan was also reporting on 'live' sporting event at the same time SCD was on last night! I respect the chap don't get me wrong, just don't like him! I admire his stamina for his age and he's been very good in the past but the time has come to move over and reading the other posts I don't think I'm alone in thinking that.

Andrew DEREK UK
10-08-2007, 11:38 AM
No, I didn't see it Andrew, I was at work, saw SCD on video when I got home and eating my tea! Live shows shouldn't be a problem for him I would have thought with his experience, why are they making such a fuss about Sunday's show being live when its so obviously recorded on Saturday night. Its been mentioned on the radio this morning that John Barnes was reporting on a sporting event abroad yesterday afternoon and Kenny Logan was also reporting on 'live' sporting event at the same time SCD was on last night! I respect the chap don't get me wrong, just don't like him! I admire his stamina for his age and he's been very good in the past but the time has come to move over and reading the other posts I don't think I'm alone in thinking that.

Yes.

Just to confirm Saturday is live, Sunday is recorded, on Saturday night mostly after 9pm, ie the result as phone lines close 9.00pm but, the professional dancers bit can be done earlier.

wilma-bride
10-10-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm looking foward to the new series and have got tickets to see the show taped the last weekend in November :woohoo:

Wow, you lucky thing Claire - we tried loads of times last year to get tickets but never could :sad2:

I love SCD but must admit I found it a bit difficult to get into it with the new format - I always liked it when everyone danced the first week. I'm not sure I like it when it's just men and women. I assume this is only for the first couple of weeks, though, until they get rid of a couple of celebs :confused3

Andrew DEREK UK
10-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Wow, you lucky thing Claire - we tried loads of times last year to get tickets but never could :sad2:

I love SCD but must admit I found it a bit difficult to get into it with the new format - I always liked it when everyone danced the first week. I'm not sure I like it when it's just men and women. I assume this is only for the first couple of weeks, though, until they get rid of a couple of celebs :confused3

I think its just 'time' the current live show is 75 mins long, if both men and women danced the first week it would be over 2 hours.

They did this last time, I think week three they are all together and that show will be long maybe 90 mins.

Chilly
10-11-2007, 02:20 AM

Yes I was lucky as loads of my friends applied as well and only one other person got some. This year you could only apply for 2 tickets and for one show then they randomly selected the winners for each show.

As I work at Television Centre as well I'm on the look out for them at all times. My friend saw Gethin yesterday and said he is even better looking in the flesh.

Andrew DEREK UK
10-14-2007, 02:24 AM
Good show last night, but KATE, I know she has been through a lot, so brave, but when the harshest comment doesnt come from the judges but comes from her partner, Anton. '' If you feel like wanting to join in on the choreography at any time, please feel free to do so'' hopefully the public will not vote for her, (out of sympathy) but, be cruel to be kind.

mandymouse
10-14-2007, 07:26 AM
I only caught a bit of this last night, and I thought Craig was very mean to Kate by giving her only 2. I didn't see Anton say that, that's a bit cruel, hopefully I'll catch up with it later

Andrew DEREK UK
10-14-2007, 10:02 AM
I only caught a bit of this last night, and I thought Craig was very mean to Kate by giving her only 2. I didn't see Anton say that, that's a bit cruel, hopefully I'll catch up with it later

I found that comment so funny, you expect comments and jokes from Bruce and the judges but when Tess interviewed them after the 'dance' Anton was so quick witted.

mandymouse
10-14-2007, 11:27 AM
I found that comment so funny, you expect comments and jokes from Bruce and the judges but when Tess interviewed them after the 'dance' Anton was so quick witted.

How was Kate when he said this ? Was she put out or did she laugh along ?

Andrew DEREK UK
10-14-2007, 11:33 AM
How was Kate when he said this ? Was she put out or did she laugh along ?

I think she knew she did very badly indeed and Kate joked along with it to her credit, I bet she expects to go.

KayleeUK
10-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Just saw this on the BBC news site and thought of you guys

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7041109.stm

Andrew DEREK UK
10-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Stephenie has gone!

Kate got the sympathy vote and as saved by the public,

All wrong!!

mandymouse
10-14-2007, 01:43 PM
What a shame they decided to get rid of Stephanie, I thought she was a great character and I would've been happier to see Letitia leave

In a way I'm pleased that Kate was saved, but now she is either going to have to up her game or quit. Thankfully there are quite a few guys who I think could be leaving in the next week or so, so maybe she'll slip under the radar

Andrew DEREK UK
10-14-2007, 02:24 PM
What a shame they decided to get rid of Stephanie, I thought she was a great character and I would've been happier to see Letitia leave

In a way I'm pleased that Kate was saved, but now she is either going to have to up her game or quit. Thankfully there are quite a few guys who I think could be leaving in the next week or so, so maybe she'll slip under the radar

Letita was better in the live shoe last night, she uped her game for this recorded programme, but I must say I would have thought the final two in the dance off would have been Letita and Kate with Kate going.

Maybe as Letita is in the live touring show they couldnt let her go in a week.

Chilly
10-15-2007, 02:35 AM
Stephanie wanted to go though so I think in the end the correct person went.

Did some great Strictly spotting on Friday I saw:

Erin, Willie, Lillia, Dom, Nicole, James, Ola, Gaby, Kenny, Flavia, Matt and the two coaches who do the group dance training!

Merylj
10-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Just watched saturdays show and had a look here to see the results. I`m very surprised Stephanie went - but she was a bit grande dame and everyone seemed subdued around her.
I thought Letitia would have been better :confused3

Andrew DEREK UK
10-20-2007, 05:31 AM
I cannot post all the detail here but you should read the Sun today about Brendan getting a bit to 'excited' dancing with Kelly, and whats shes told him to do!

Andrew DEREK UK
10-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Great show tonight everyone upped their game!

Felt they were ahrd on Penny, Rod will sort them out, Gabby was great.

So who is off?

Kate?

mandymouse
10-21-2007, 08:16 AM
I only saw the beginning of the show last night, so I'll have to watch tonight to see how they got on. I agree, I thought Gabby was very good last night, and I think she was robbed of a point or two

Andrew DEREK UK
10-21-2007, 08:52 AM
I only saw the beginning of the show last night, so I'll have to watch tonight to see how they got on. I agree, I thought Gabby was very good last night, and I think she was robbed of a point or two

I think LEN said later he knocked a point off for one error but later regretted it.

Andrew DEREK UK
10-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Poor 'Willie' - Kate was saved again by a sympathy vote! She cant Dance!

mandymouse
10-22-2007, 01:00 AM
I can't see Kate lasting for much longer - though I thought Willie would leave this week

The celebs are doing really well, it was a great show last night :thumbsup2

Chilly
10-22-2007, 04:05 AM
I think any number of people could win this year it is the most wide open competition ever!

Goofysmate
10-22-2007, 04:09 AM
I like Anton De Beck and wish that he was'nt always paired with the lame duck that he always gets.:upsidedow

Andrew DEREK UK
10-22-2007, 07:26 AM
I like Anton De Beck and wish that he was'nt always paired with the lame duck that he always gets.:upsidedow

I think the only reason Kate is still in is people love Anton.

Goofysmate
10-22-2007, 08:10 AM
I think the only reason Kate is still in is people love Anton.

He's a sweetie:love:

Chilly
10-22-2007, 08:19 AM
I don't think Anton will ever win as although he is a very good Ballroom dancer his Latin lets him down.

Andrew DEREK UK
10-22-2007, 09:54 AM
The judges and the voting public seem to have a basis for the 'fitter' looking celebs and not voting for the can I say larger frames, John and Willie are an example, but John was good.

Andrew DEREK UK
10-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Dom has damaged his shoulder and might not be able to lift tonight, changing his routine, The Sun says Arline wants Kate out, whilst I feel Kate is a poor dancer and lucky to be in, that story doesn't tie up with BBC2 take two show last night Len said all the judges wanted her to do well.

Hope no one faints.

mandymouse
10-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Dom has damaged his shoulder and might not be able to lift tonight, changing his routine

I saw that on It Takes Two last night - what on earth was he thinking throwing himself on the mat like that ? I hope he's OK and able to dance, but what a twit :thumbsup2

I can't wait for tonights show

Andrew DEREK UK
10-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I saw that on It Takes Two last night - what on earth was he thinking throwing himself on the mat like that ? I hope he's OK and able to dance, but what a twit :thumbsup2

I can't wait for tonights show

Hes a show off!

mandymouse
10-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Yay, it's on now - chat later :thumbsup2

mandymouse
10-27-2007, 11:23 AM
What a fab opening - I thought Alesha was brilliant ... and Len and Bruno arguing was hilarious ... fancy calling him a doughnut :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Andrew DEREK UK
10-27-2007, 11:47 AM
FOUR WORDS:-

KATE:- SO FUNNY CANT DANCE!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Andrew DEREK UK
10-27-2007, 01:00 PM
I just hope Kate does go on Sunday, John Barnes is in danger and doesnt deserve to go, Gethin isnt safe and again should stay.

The judges need to get a bit more in order, they were a bit out of control tonight.

mandymouse
10-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Another great show

Poor Kate, she looked like she was being dragged around the dance floor

As for Brendan, he really is a berk - he always has to break the rules (plank)

It should be an interesting show tomorrow night

Andrew DEREK UK
10-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Another great show

Poor Kate, she looked like she was being dragged around the dance floor

As for Brendan, he really is a berk - he always has to break the rules (plank)

It should be an interesting show tomorrow night

As Len says Donut glad Bruno gave them a 10 though.

Kate must go.

florida sun
10-27-2007, 01:47 PM
FOUR WORDS:-

KATE:- SO FUNNY CANT DANCE!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Oh I have to agree here, that was TV Gold, from the time their dancing stopped through to the judges and Antons little comments, I had tears rolling down my eyes with laughter, and brucie topping it off with " Ive made up my mind.....Your my Favorite"...classic:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Andrew DEREK UK
10-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Oh I have to agree here, that was TV Gold, from the time their dancing stopped through to the judges and Antons little comments, I had tears rolling down my eyes with laughter, and brucie topping it off with " Ive made up my mind.....Your my Favorite"...classic:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

TV moment of the year, better than Maire Osmond's faint in LA this week,
It was so funny, looked like Anton pushing those dolls around, that Colin Jackson used in a previous series.

Andrew DEREK UK
10-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Go Kate Go Kate Go kate and I do mean

GO KATE PLEASE!

mandymouse
10-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Go Kate Go Kate Go kate and I do mean

GO KATE PLEASE!

LOL - I'm just watching the end of a Question of Sport, and I'm ready for SCD :dance3:

mandymouse
10-28-2007, 01:57 PM
I can't believe that the Great British Public left Penny and Gabby in the bottom 2 - it's laughable

Personally I wanted Gabby to stay - nevermind, another week of Kate & Kenny to come :confused3

TracyK
10-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Unbelievable :confused:

Tracy

wilma-bride
10-28-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm still absolutely amazed. Personally, I don't think tghe British public are voting for Kate - I am 100% certain that it's Anton people want to keep in - how can it be Kate, she's like a sack of spuds for goodness sake :sad2:

Personally, I think Gabby was more of an all-rounder than Penny so she should have stayed. I can't believe that idiot Bruno gave Brendan and Kelly a '10' - if you think about it, it's all his fault really :rolleyes1

Andrew DEREK UK
10-28-2007, 02:30 PM
I can't believe that the Great British Public left Penny and Gabby in the bottom 2 - it's laughable

Personally I wanted Gabby to stay - nevermind, another week of Kate & Kenny to come :confused3

Unbelievable :confused:

Tracy

I'm still absolutely amazed. Personally, I don't think tghe British public are voting for Kate - I am 100% certain that it's Anton people want to keep in - how can it be Kate, she's like a sack of spuds for goodness sake :sad2:

Personally, I think Gabby was more of an all-rounder than Penny so she should have stayed. I can't believe that idiot Bruno gave Brendan and Kelly a '10' - if you think about it, it's all his fault really :rolleyes1

Its a crime and an injustice, Kate must be getting the doggey GTM phones working for her.

Neither should have been in the bottom two, I expected Kenny to go before Gabby, she wasnt best pleased.

Strictly got an average of 7.9 million viewers and a 37.1% share, peaking at 8.7 million, compared with X Factor's 7.1 million average and 33.1% share.

The ITV show's audience peaked at 9.3 million but this was only after the dance show came off air.

Goofysmate
10-29-2007, 12:26 AM
As much as i love Anton , Kate should not be still in it. My heart goes out to Gaby .

Joanne UK
10-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Just goes to show it's a popularity contest as much as it is a dancing competiton. I guess it makes it a bit more exciting as we genuinely don't know who is going to be in the bottom 2 each week.

I always vote each week but Amber (6) chooses who we vote for. So far it's been Gethin twice and Kelly and Kenny once each.

mandymouse
11-03-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm looking forward to the show tonight, I wonder if Brendan will be a doughnut, if Kate will be dragged around the floor or if Kenny will wear his kilt

Let's hope there are a few surprises :thumbsup2

mandymouse
11-04-2007, 01:59 AM
Another great show, I wonder who'll leave tonight :confused3

I though Alesha and Matthew were brilliant, it was nice to see Kate and Anton not on the bottom, shame Dom got his knickers in a twist over the scoring, and I thought Kenny & Ola's routine was quite entertaining (especially when Ola had her eyes covered under Kenny's kilt :rotfl2: )

The only couple I can't warm to are Brendan (doughnut) and Kelly, I don't know why, they just do my head in ;)

TinkTatoo
11-04-2007, 10:00 AM
......shame Dom got his knickers in a twist over the scoring,

I wonder is Dom showing his true colours - he seemed to be really annoyed at the scoring. I actually thought they scored him right for his dance. I also thought Kenny was hacked off at the judges comments too

Looking forward to tonights show to see who goes out. I hope it's not John as I'd like to see him dance some more

scottishsue
11-04-2007, 10:27 AM
I really enjoyed Kenny's dancing last night. It was very amusing and entertaining !!

(I have a soft spot for him anyway as he was a brilliant rugby player for Scotland).

Not sure who should go tonight.

Andrew DEREK UK
11-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Must say whilst on the last week weeks I have posted KATE, must go, she actually did a lot better on Saturday, upped her game, and I feel should be 'saved' now, ( so thats the kiss of death then from me).:rotfl2:

But I did feel 'Dom' wasn't that good, and he wasn't in a good mood for the judges or the marks, he thinks they have favorites, but really the comments on him and the marks were correct, 'acting' like a bad looser, :sad2: might be his downfall, rather than a sympathy vote.

CustardTart
11-04-2007, 11:04 AM
...The only couple I can't warm to are Brendan (doughnut) and Kelly, I don't know why, they just do my head in ;)

I can't bear them - he's a doughnut, she's a girly show-off and they just love themselves a little too much... :rolleyes:

So pleased for Letitia last night - I couldn't believe it when she said she's going to be 40 next week! I had no idea - she looks pretty good!! She'll always be little Sharon Watts to me... :happytv:

mandymouse
11-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Well Dom has gone, though I'm not surprised after his whinge :thumbsup2

Andrew DEREK UK
11-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Well Dom has gone, though I'm not surprised after his whinge :thumbsup2

Yes once again HE put his big mouth into operation before engaging the brain, don't whinge at the judges just before people should vote for you and then a dance off with the judges to decide. Dom you lost it after the dance.

Tonight a fair eviction. - sorry thats BB.

Joanne UK
11-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Yes I agree that Dom should have been the one to go tonight.

Is anyone going to the Strictly Live Tour in January? I'm going to try and get tickets tomorrow for Wembley Arena. DD is obsessed with Camilla Dallerup and she will be appearing so, fingers crossed!

Andrew DEREK UK
11-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Yes I agree that Dom should have been the one to go tonight.

Is anyone going to the Strictly Live Tour in January? I'm going to try and get tickets tomorrow for Wembley Arena. DD is obsessed with Camilla Dallerup and she will be appearing so, fingers crossed!

Seen it advertised, even the judges bar Bruno are in it.

natalielongstaff
11-05-2007, 01:12 AM
i agree that Dom was the right person to leave last night :) i thought letitia looked fab !

Joanne UK
11-05-2007, 01:29 AM
i agree that Dom was the right person to leave last night :) i thought letitia looked fab !

So did I, her dance was my favourite on Saturday, really dramatic. She is getting better every week.

wilma-bride
11-05-2007, 03:04 AM
I'm obviously in a minority here because I really wanted John Barnes to go. I thought the judges were pretty unfair to Dom - I really liked his Paso. To be honest, I thought Kenny should have gone last night - well, a couple of weeks ago actually.

For some reason, I am not warming to Alesha - she is a good dancer but she seems pretty full of herself - her and Kelly Brook (but I never liked her anyway). Her and Brendan are a very good combination, both as big-headed as each other ;)

scottishsue
11-05-2007, 04:03 AM
To be honest, I thought Kenny should have gone last night - well, a couple of weeks ago actually.

How can you not like Kenny Joh? I admit he's not a fantastic dancer but he's better than a lot of them. And last night's performance was his best yet !!

wilma-bride
11-05-2007, 04:06 AM
How can you not like Kenny Joh? I admit he's not a fantastic dancer but he's better than a lot of them. And last night's performance was his best yet !!

It is nothing against him really - I just don't like the way he looks when he dances - he is really heavy and flat-footed. I did think his dance on Saturday was not as bad as the judges made out but I got the impression he was trying to prove something rather than just enjoying the dancing.

GlendaONeill
11-05-2007, 04:26 AM
I've had enough. I'm actually going to vote for everyone except Kate. Was she really in pain the first week because she was just as bad the following? My votes won't make a difference but if she got booted off at least I'd think I'd helped! But I'm so fed up with the really awful people being in for weeks and better ones getting kicked off. At least they can save one couple this time.
I actually like Brendan and Kelly.:confused3 (but it was good to see them brought back down to earth this week.) Now they'll raise their game next show.
Letitia is great and improving every week.

Andrew DEREK UK
11-05-2007, 11:45 AM
I've had enough. I'm actually going to vote for everyone except Kate. Was she really in pain the first week because she was just as bad the following? My votes won't make a difference but if she got booted off at least I'd think I'd helped! But I'm so fed up with the really awful people being in for weeks and better ones getting kicked off. At least they can save one couple this time.
I actually like Brendan and Kelly.:confused3 (but it was good to see them brought back down to earth this week.) Now they'll raise their game next show.
Letitia is great and improving every week.

Well at least Children in need will do well out of that.

Andrew DEREK UK
11-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Great show again, and well done Gethin, but I am back to saying, Kate must go!

scottishsue
11-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Great show again, and well done Gethin, but I am back to saying, Kate must go!

totally agree with you there !! She seems so stiff and has 2 left feet !!
She needs to relax more if she's going to go much further.

Have to say I love the Samba - just a pity I can't do it !! Waltz, foxtrot and cha cha are all I can do !!

mandymouse
11-11-2007, 01:17 AM
I agree it was a great show last night. I thought Alesha, Gethin and John were great. There was a good gap between the very good and the poor last night. I too think it's time for Kate to go :thumbsup2

Roll on tonights show

natalielongstaff
11-11-2007, 01:39 AM
kate to go tonight !!

Andrew DEREK UK
11-11-2007, 01:47 AM
Yes Kate should go, so that means one of the god dancers will go!

Joanne UK
11-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Technically, yes I agree Kate should go but she is entertaining isn't she? And Anton is lovely and so funny. I know it's a dancing competition but they do bring alot of light relief.

I think tonight Kenny will be in the bottom 2 with either Penny or Letitia. Kenny has had a good run but I think it's time for him to go.

Andrew DEREK UK
11-11-2007, 05:19 AM
Technically, yes I agree Kate should go but she is entertaining isn't she? And Anton is lovely and so funny. I know it's a dancing competition but they do bring alot of light relief.

I think tonight Kenny will be in the bottom 2 with either Penny or Letitia. Kenny has had a good run but I think it's time for him to go.

I do agree Kenny is at risk, but he puts so much into it, and I enjoy what he does, I think he again will get the Scottish vote for the song as last weeks Kilt. If he is in the bottom two the judges will vote him off as they clearly do not like him.

scottishsue
11-11-2007, 06:00 AM
Oh no, please not Kenny !! Come on Scotland, vote for him !!

Ok, so he's not a brilliant dancer - but he's sooooooo gorgeous I could hug him :hug:

Andrew DEREK UK
11-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Oh no, please not Kenny !! Come on Scotland, vote for him !!

Ok, so he's not a brilliant dancer - but he's sooooooo gorgeous I could hug him :hug:

As I thought he will get the block Scotish vote!

mandymouse
11-11-2007, 06:48 AM
I think he again will get the Scottish vote for the song as last weeks Kilt.

I thought last nights song was a great choice for Kenny :thumbsup2

mandymouse
11-11-2007, 01:13 PM
I can't believe that Matt and Penny were in the bottom two. That was quite a tough call for the judges, but I'm so pleased that Matt is still in it :thumbsup2

Oh dear, another week with Kate :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

CustardTart
11-11-2007, 01:15 PM
I couldn't believe it! Who is keeping Kate in??? :confused3 Oh well - there's always next week... ;)

natalielongstaff
11-11-2007, 01:29 PM
GMTV must have more viewers than i thought :rotfl2: out of penny and matt i wanted matt to stay :)

Funniebunny
11-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I think Kate's family must just sit there with the phone redialling. I don't know anyone that wants to keep her in.

I'm glad Matt stayed, I think he's got real potential.

florida sun
11-11-2007, 02:15 PM
I quite like Kate and Anton, I know its a dancing competition, but I think they both have the likeability factor which is why people are voting for them. The british public always seem to like an underdog. Im sure they wont go the whole way, but they are good fun:goodvibes

scottishsue
11-11-2007, 02:16 PM
I thought last nights song was a great choice for Kenny :thumbsup2

Thank you Mandy !! Excellent choice of song I thought. Have to say the wrong person went tonight - it should have been Kate !!

Chilly
11-12-2007, 03:43 AM
I'm glad Matt stayed. Penny was good at the Ballroom dances but I doubt she'd ever be that good at Latin.

Andrew DEREK UK
11-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Kate, even though she is hurt again should go, Kenny Gethin,and John are at Risk, lets hope a good dancer doesnt fall again.

mandymouse
11-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Another great show tonight. Once again Alesha shone for me. Poor Kate, she really has gone through the mill - but I have to agree, she should go, but no doubt she'll be saved again

natalielongstaff
11-18-2007, 02:22 AM
its time for kate to go now :)

wilma-bride
11-18-2007, 04:10 AM
I disagree - I thought Kate did pretty well last night. The judges were too hard on her. For me, Kenny should definitely be gone tonight - he has no rhythm and doesn't even seem to listen to the music. He hardly 'danced' a step last night and, to my mind, actually deserved to be at the bottom of the leader board.

My favourites last night were Matt and Alesha :thumbsup2

Andrew DEREK UK
11-18-2007, 06:30 AM
I really hope everyone has put Kate out of her misery and let her go! Leave the good dancers in,

Andrew DEREK UK
11-18-2007, 12:54 PM
So pleased Kate has gone , she gave a nice speech at the end :thumbsup2

Hope she gets over her back problem, but now its a dancing contest.

mandymouse
11-18-2007, 01:13 PM
I was amazed that she even took part in the dance off, if it had been me, I would've just given up - it was obvious she was going to go

But saying that, she has been really entertaining to watch

Now we just have to get rid of Kenny, or maybe John :confused3

natalielongstaff
11-18-2007, 02:17 PM
i loved kelly's dance :) kate's speech was lovely

Andrew DEREK UK
11-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I was amazed that she even took part in the dance off, if it had been me, I would've just given up - it was obvious she was going to go
But saying that, she has been really entertaining to watch

I fully agree, she was brave to still dance in the dance off, it was clear the judges have wanted her off from the start and been frustrated that they couldn't get her off, and other ''better'' dancers were lost.

They were all going to vote her off before she moved a single inch, to her credit she still did it, and in pain.

Well done Kate for her spirit, but in the end she had to go.

Chilly
11-19-2007, 04:31 AM
I think both danced better in the dance off but Kate was still just walking at points.

I can't wait till next Saturday as i'll be there :woohoo: :banana: :cool1:

scottishsue
11-19-2007, 05:17 AM

I know Kenny's not a fantastic dancer, and it's not because I find him quite sexy (can I say that?)........ but ........... I think he has something though.

At the end of the day though, I think it will be Gethin and Aleesha in the final.

mandymouse
11-19-2007, 05:39 AM
I can't wait till next Saturday as i'll be there :woohoo: :banana: :cool1:

Ooh, you lucky girl Claire, I look forward to hearing all about it :thumbsup2

Chilly
11-23-2007, 09:31 AM
So who'll be out tomorrow? I think maybe Kenny's time will be up this week.

Don't forget to look out for me!

mandymouse
11-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Don't forget to look out for me!

I'll be looking for you Claire, have fun

.. and I agree, I think Kenny could be the next to leave :thumbsup2

CustardTart
11-23-2007, 10:34 AM
...I think Kenny could be the next to leave :thumbsup2
So who'll be out tomorrow? I think maybe Kenny's time will be up this week...

Oh please, please, please let it be Kenny! I don't think I can bear to see him stomping around the dance floor for another week! :sad2:

...Don't forget to look out for me!

Will keep my eyes peeled, Claire - are you wearing lime green and/or Mickey ears?? ;)

Andrew DEREK UK
11-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Everyone, everywhere is saying Kenny will go this weekend, this must go in his favour on the telephone vote, people will be charged up to vote for him!

I think John Barnes but the dance does suit him!

CustardTart
11-23-2007, 11:20 AM
I know Kenny's not a fantastic dancer, and it's not because I find him quite sexy (can I say that?)........ but ........... I think he has something though...

Nooooo!!!! Oh Sue say it ain't so! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Andrew DEREK UK
11-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Great Show Kenny did well,

For the first time I have voted for Kelly, her dance wasn't too good, but I want her to stay in!

Brendan is a donut.

mandymouse
11-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Brendan is a donut.

I agree, he is a wally, but I'd still like to see the back of the pair of them. I'm pleased that Kenny did well, and I thought Matt and Alesha were brilliant :thumbsup2

CustardTart
11-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Matt and Alesha were fantastic, weren't they? In fact, for me, Matt pipped it - that boy can dance!!! http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/8.gif

It feels like Kelly and Brendan don't take it too seriously - when you see how worked up Letitia get and how hard she works, well it's insulting...

I'd be happy for those two to get kicked off but I'm sorry to say I think John should go - he was weakest tonight.

IMO the standard is amazing this year... http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gif

Andrew DEREK UK
11-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Matt and Alesha were fantastic, weren't they? In fact, for me, Matt pipped it - that boy can dance!!! http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/8.gif

It feels like Kelly and Brendan don't take it too seriously - when you see how worked up Letitia get and how hard she works, well it's insulting...

I'd be happy for those two to get kicked off but I'm sorry to say I think John should go - he was weakest tonight.

IMO the standard is amazing this year... http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gif

I agree Matt and Alesha, and even Kenny were fantastic, I think Kelly and Brenda do take it seriously, but maybe think they are 'too good' and needed a shock, she is good, but should be complacent.

Andrew DEREK UK
11-25-2007, 07:28 AM
I agree Matt and Alesha, and even Kenny were fantastic, I think Kelly and Brendan do take it seriously, but maybe think they are 'too good' and needed a shock, she is good, but should be complacent.

I understand ''spoiler'' that, Kelly and Brendan do get a shock tonight, one to give them a ''kick'' to do better next week.

Highlight if you want to see, I will not say who actually goes though,:rolleyes1

natalielongstaff
11-25-2007, 07:33 AM
I watched the show earlier and i thought matt was fantastic :thumbsup2

Andrew DEREK UK
11-25-2007, 09:07 AM
I watched the show earlier and i thought matt was fantastic :thumbsup2

He was.

mandymouse
11-25-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm really looking forward to the show tonight :thumbsup2

Andrew DEREK UK
11-25-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm really looking forward to the show tonight :thumbsup2

The group ''Dirty dancing'' should be good.

Chilly
11-25-2007, 12:10 PM
See if you can spot me, I'm on the right hand side, upstairs, near the stairs.

I will post some photos after it has finished.

Andrew DEREK UK
11-25-2007, 12:11 PM

Will look out for you.

It hasn't been a good week for footballers in competitions has it?

natalielongstaff
11-25-2007, 12:30 PM

ooh how cool.....dirty dancing is brilliant, kenny and ola's lift was amazing !!

mandymouse
11-25-2007, 12:35 PM
ooh how cool.....dirty dancing is brilliant, kenny and ola's lift was amazing !!

I agree Nat, it was brilliant, and I am not a Dirty Dancing fan

I haven't spotted you yet Claire ;)

natalielongstaff
11-25-2007, 12:36 PM
i can't see you either Claire

mandymouse
11-25-2007, 12:52 PM
I knew once Kelly was up against John, that she'd be saved - I'm gutted, I just want to get rid of that dipstick Brendan ;)

Chilly
11-25-2007, 01:02 PM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07014.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07007.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07006.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07009.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07008.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07016.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07015.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07013.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07012.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07010.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07005.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07011.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07003.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07001.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07002.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Nov07004.jpg

mandymouse
11-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Oh Claire, you lucky girl, I am so jealous. These are brilliant photos and I love the ones of you and Alesha and Vincent. And fancy meeting the Fonz too

Hubby likes the one of Ola too :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You look like you had a great night :thumbsup2

Chilly
11-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh Claire, you lucky girl, I am so jealous. These are brilliant photos and I love the ones of you and Alesha and Vincent. And fancy meeting the Fonz too

Hubby likes the one of Ola too :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You look like you had a great night :thumbsup2

I had the best time. Got to log off now but will tell all tomorrow.

florida sun
11-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Fabtastic photos Claire, I may have missed the story, but how did you manage to get tickets and does everyone get to meet the stars:goodvibes

CustardTart
11-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Awesome photos, Claire!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time - look forward to hearing all about it... :goodvibes

Andrew DEREK UK
11-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Awesome photos, Claire!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time - look forward to hearing all about it... :goodvibes

Fantastic!

BRobson
11-25-2007, 02:17 PM

I dont watch SCD but OMG Claire you met the Fonz :thumbsup2

natalielongstaff
11-26-2007, 12:42 AM
wow wow wow !!!!!! those pics are amazing Claire , i am so jealous ;) and so is Ellie

hope you had a fab time x x x

TinkTatoo
11-26-2007, 02:04 AM
Wow - what fantastic photos :yay:

Strommie
11-26-2007, 02:12 AM
Brilliant photos Claire:goodvibes

Chilly
11-26-2007, 03:22 AM
Fabtastic photos Claire, I may have missed the story, but how did you manage to get tickets and does everyone get to meet the stars:goodvibes

I got the tickets by applying in September on the BBC website. They have a ballot and I was very lucky to get tickets. No not everyone gets to meet the stars, as I work at the BBC I went to the bar afterwards and met them there.

Chilly
11-26-2007, 03:22 AM
I dont watch SCD but OMG Claire you met the Fonz :thumbsup2

He was so nice, he actually came over to me!

Chilly
11-26-2007, 07:01 AM
So here is my mini day trip report...

Mike and I set off from our house just after 1330 on Saturday and got the train into London arriving at Television Centre at just after 1500. They tickets said that the doors opened at 1545 but to make sure they filled all the seats more tickets were given out then there are places so we wanted to be early. As it turns out they were already letting people in when we got there and I found out later that some people had got in the queue at noon. Mike and I were the 121st and 122nd people in. We then had a long wait until 1700 when we went into the studio. While we were waiting we were asked to fill in voting cards in case the phone vote had a fault or there was a tie. When they started calling people to queue up for the move over to the studio the first people in line were those with Production tickets with a red sticker, then Production tickets with a blue sticker, then Production tickets with a yellow sticker, then Production tickets with a green sticker, then Production tickets with an orange sticker, by now the queue is huge and i'm still sat down, thankfully next they called for people who had voting cards so we were able to queue up, then they called for regular tickets numbers 1-50 etc and lastly 2 standbys.

We had to stand outside in the cold for a bit but we spotted the odd celeb arriving which kept us entertained then we made our way in and we were shown upstairs and into the back row but then there was a hold up so we were told to go into the front row!!! We had a great view from there as we were opposite the judges and could see the whole floor which is much smaller than it looks on TV.

At 1750 they filmed the Sugar Babes and did two takes then the live show started at 1810. Some of the funniest bits were watching the judges after they gave their scores as they would hit each other with the paddles and stuff. When the show finished we left the studio again for 90 minutes, back into the studio at 2050 in the same seats as before. They filmed each bit but with stops in between as it wasn't live and did a second take of one bit.

When the show finished at about 2215 we went up to the BBC bar where quickly we were joined by all the dancers and celebs and I went round like a mad fan getting my photo took with them all. At one point Anton winked at me and then when I had my photo took with him he gave me a kiss as did the Fonz who actually came over to me! We chatted to most of them as well, Darren in particular for ages.

At 2330 we set off for home getting back at 0130 so excatly a 12 hour day. It was such a great day, at one point just after we arrived at the bar Mike offered me some crisps and although I was hungry I said no as I was too busy looking out for the dancers and didn't want bad breath or salty fingers, Mike said the look on my face was priceless and I now know how to stick to my diet!

Lizzy Lemon
11-26-2007, 08:36 AM
What a fantastic day, I've got the show on video I'm going to go and see if I can see you, its great to hear some behind the scenes gossip.

natalielongstaff
11-26-2007, 09:02 AM
ive told all my friends today that you went to the show :thumbsup2

Chilly
11-26-2007, 09:36 AM
What a fantastic day, I've got the show on video I'm going to go and see if I can see you, its great to hear some behind the scenes gossip.

I doubt you'll be able to see me, they didn't zoom in on my area at all. The best shot of my area though was right at the end of the results show when they did their last dance and they panned right round them, I think you'd have to pause it though and get up close to the screen!

I might be on the website though but they haven't updated it yet.

scottishsue
11-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Fantastic piccies Claire !! (The one with Kenny Logan is making me soooooooo jealous). :lmao: What was he like?

Chilly
11-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Fantastic piccies Claire !! (The one with Kenny Logan is making me soooooooo jealous). :lmao: What was he like?

He wasn't one a chatted to much but he seemed really friendly and was very excited about having his photo took with the Fonz!

mandymouse
11-30-2007, 08:08 AM
I see that Kelly has retired from the show following the loss of her father this week http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/news/2007/11/30/51155.shtml

I know I wasn't a fan of hers, but I wouldn't have wanted her to leave like this

My thoughts go out to her and her family

I wonder if we'll lose anyone else this weekend

mandymouse
11-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Just to answer my own question, the show is carrying on as normal, with the final having two couples rather than the usual three

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7121185.stm

Chilly
11-30-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm gutted that she has dropped out, I :love: Brendan and thought she was a great dancer. I can understand why though she must be finding it very hard. My thoughts are with her and her family.

natalielongstaff
11-30-2007, 08:16 AM
that is a shame :hug: i thnk it was the right thing to do though

Andrew DEREK UK
11-30-2007, 11:49 AM
I think they should organise a dance off next week, on Sunday's show with Gabby, John, Penny, and this weeks loser, and one goes back in.

Rather than two only in the final.

mandymouse
12-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Another great show tonight, I hope Kenny and Letitia are in the dance off tomorrow night. My final three are, Alesha, Matt and Gethin :)

Andrew DEREK UK
12-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Another great show tonight, I hope Kenny and Letitia are in the dance off tomorrow night. My final three are, Alesha, Matt and Gethin :)

Read after tonights show is finished........

To cover for the loss of Kelly Saturdays pro gramme started 5 minutes later with extra trails before the show and a round up and highlights of Children in need, presume the same for the next few Saturdays as all bar the Christmas TV listings pro grammes have been submitted.

Matt should stop ''playing around':love: so much and get on with Dancing,

Found out the result late last night resisted posting, the results show is on now as I start typing this.

As I understand, you got what you wanted Letitia and Kenny in the dance off and Kenny lost.

Letita was very ill last night and so dancing three live dances in one night, she did deserve to stay. :thumbsup2 Kenny has got better and better, from someone everyone thought he would be out quickly, an also ran, and his wife Gabby would be in it longer than him and possibly in the final he has done so well.

Kenny's strength in the lifts last week was amazing.:thumbsup2

I really have missed Kelly so sorry for the loss of her father, I hope they bring her, Penny and Gabby back for the Christmas day special at 8pm ( after Doctor Who) for a special dance.

Reports on the SCD Live tour is James Martin has joined them! So we will she him in the next series on TV I presume.

Letita has problems she is contracted to be in a pantomime starting very soon, and her extended stay in SCD, will cause a clash soon.

Now how about Kenny and Gabby having a dance on TV together.:love:

Well lets see Kenny on it takes two Sunday night.:surfweb:

natalielongstaff
12-02-2007, 01:00 PM
I felt sorry for letitia last night....she looked so poorly :hug:

i imagins she will be voted off next week though as the others are very good

mandymouse
12-02-2007, 01:51 PM
It was only a matter of time before we lost Kenny, and really he did deserve to go. I think Letitia should go next week, and then we're in for a fab last couple of weeks :)

scottishsue
12-02-2007, 02:59 PM
I admit Kenny's Rumba wasn't so good, but I was sorry to see him go.

Letitia always seems very stiff from the waist up - and I thought she would go before Kenny. She doesn't have the posture for a dancer really and will go next week for sure. (You need to be very flexible and have rhythm to be a dancer and she just doesn't do it at all).

I think my winner will be Gethin !!

mandymouse
12-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Slightly O/T, is anyone getting the Strictly Come Dancerize DVD ? I really fancy this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Strictly-Come-Dancersize/dp/B000VA3JF2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1196666028&sr=8-3

Anything that can help me tone up has got to be good :)

natalielongstaff
12-03-2007, 12:39 AM
I think Letitia should go next week, and then we're in for a fab last couple of weeks :)

:thumbsup2 totally agree !

wilma-bride
12-03-2007, 01:16 AM
I'm so glad Kenny has finally gone - he just wasn't up to the standard of the rest of them. I do think Letitia will go next as I don't think she is likely to improve much more - but she did really well on Saturday night and in the dance off as it was obvious she really wasn't well.

For me, Matt is still the best but I do think the change in Gethin after his acting classes was amazing and I reckon he could go on to win now.

I would rather Gethin or Matt won as, although Alesha is really good, she has obviously had some dance experience before, unlike the others.

CustardTart
12-03-2007, 03:04 AM
I'm so glad Kenny has finally gone - he just wasn't up to the standard of the rest of them.
Totally agree - I think he's improved loads but I'm relieved he's not going to lumber around the dance floor anymore... :headache:

I also Letitia's the obvious next one to go - she works so hard and has raised her game but the youngsters are amazing! I'd like one of the boys to win - preferably Matt...

Did anyone watch Dancing With The Stars? I love the US version - the standard on there was incredible and Mel B rocked!!! :woohoo:

Chilly
12-03-2007, 06:45 AM
I hope one of the boys wins, I think they have both improved so much, it is a pity that only 2 will be in the final. I think they should let Kelly and Brendan come back and do a show dance.

mandymouse
12-03-2007, 08:30 AM
I would love to see Alesha or Matt win, maybe Matt a little more, *** he's so cheeky ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing Kenny & Ola on It Takes Two tonight :thumbsup2

Joanne UK
12-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Felt really sorry for Matt tonight and I thought Craig's comments were too harsh, especially after his 2nd dance. He could see that Matt was already very upset and didn't need to add to it. Although technically he is a better dancer that Letitia I don't know if it would be good for him to go through to the semi final. There will be even more pressure than tonight and I just don't think he'll be able to handle it.

Gethin and Camilla to win - I know Aleesha is probably better but there's something about her that grates on me.

mandymouse
12-08-2007, 12:47 PM
My heart went out to Matt tonight, he looked terrified

Another great show, and I can't wait to watch the results show tomorrow night :thumbsup2

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Felt really sorry for Matt tonight and I thought Craig's comments were too harsh, especially after his 2nd dance. He could see that Matt was already very upset and didn't need to add to it. Although technically he is a better dancer that Letitia I don't know if it would be good for him to go through to the semi final. There will be even more pressure than tonight and I just don't think he'll be able to handle it.

Gethin and Camilla to win - I know Aleesha is probably better but there's something about her that grates on me.

My heart went out to Matt tonight, he looked terrified

Another great show, and I can't wait to watch the results show tomorrow night :thumbsup2

Whilst on performance Matt and Letitia should be in the Dance off, I feel Matt is going to get a massive telephone vote.

I feel Letitia doesn't really want it anymore her Pantomime commit mets get in the way, I just hope Aleesha stays in, the good news in a dance off the judges would all vote for her.

mandymouse
12-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I just hope Aleesha stays in, the good news in a dance off the judges would all vote for her.

I know what you mean, but what if Alesha and Gethin are in the bottom two ? then who would they vote for ?

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2007, 01:10 PM
I know what you mean, but what if Alesha and Gethin are in the bottom two ? then who would they vote for ?

That would be terrible,

I think its going to be:-

1/ Letitia and Matt,
or
2/ Letitia and Aleesha

in the dance off,

Each way I think Letitia will most likely go, but in 1/ theres a chance Matt goes.

Reason, I think too many people think Aleesha will automatically do it, and people feel soooo sorry for Matt and Tess really pleaded for them (twice).

mandymouse
12-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I don't think I'll be able to wait till tomorrow night to find out the results, I may be on the lookout for spoilers on Digital Spy later tonight ;)

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2007, 01:34 PM
I don't think I'll be able to wait till tomorrow night to find out the results, I may be on the lookout for spoilers on Digital Spy later tonight ;)

If you cant wait they will be there about 10.30pm.

Note on the final week of the show the results show is live at 9.25pm, so you will know that night.

I hope that Penny, Gabby, Kenny, and Kelly get on the Christmas special on Christmas day to fight, previous winners Mark and Darren, it would be nice to see them back.

mandymouse
12-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Note on the final week of the show the results show is live at 9.25pm, so you will know that night.

No I'll be checking in on-line from the Disney Wonder at 4.25pm before we leave Castaway Cay, so I hope you'll post the result on here for me Andrew :)

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2007, 03:27 PM
No I'll be checking in on-line from the Disney Wonder at 4.25pm before we leave Castaway Cay, so I hope you'll post the result on here for me Andrew :)

And you still will be interested in the result, I would prefer the ship, I will see what I could do!

Wish I was there! -well I will be on August 30th 2008!

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Just seen the result!!!:thumbsup2

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2007, 03:32 PM
SPOILER

If you want to see the result click this link.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=707895&page=5

Andrew DEREK UK
12-09-2007, 01:46 AM
There was a little time to 'confirm' the result last night from people there, but it is now confirmed.

Not too many shocks!

scottishsue
12-09-2007, 07:07 AM
I just couldn't wait, could I? I had to look !!

All I can say is I'm so pleased now. Think the right person went in the long run. :woohoo:

Andrew DEREK UK
12-09-2007, 10:46 AM
I just couldn't wait, could I? I had to look !!

All I can say is I'm so pleased now. Think the right person went in the long run. :woohoo:

Yes my post before the result last night, was right on the money, and at least the result kept the best dancer in, and let the other do their commitments to Pantomime.

The concern is the telephone vote going to personalities and sympathies rather than best dancers.

Hope next week we do not loose the wrong one

Andrew DEREK UK
12-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Updated, well Letita did well, on performance Matt should have gone, however it solved her commitment clash with Pantomime.

I am just sad Aleesha was in the bottom two, I can only think, my post last night was correct.

Everyone 'expects' her to win, so they do not vote, everyone knew Matt was in trouble so voted for him, Tess needs to watch out, she pleaded too much for Matt last night, saving he was very much in trouble. She didn't do that for other couples ( or as she says Corples)

CustardTart
12-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Well I think Letitia did brilliantly coming 4th! :thumbsup2 Just really sad I'm going to miss next week's show...

mandymouse
12-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I thought Letitia looked relieved that she was going out - mind you, not as relieved as Matt was when his name was read out first :)

I thought Vincent and Flavia's Argentine Tango was FAB !!

Andrew DEREK UK
12-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Well I think Letitia did brilliantly coming 4th! :thumbsup2 Just really sad I'm going to miss next week's show...

I thought Letitia looked relieved that she was going out - mind you, not as relieved as Matt was when his name was read out first :)

I thought Vincent and Flavia's Argentine Tango was FAB !!

Anyone now still in has done very well and Letitia.

Well if you miss it for DCL, I know what I would prefer.

Matt was so happy -he is lucky to be still in!

I hope the telephone vote will have a black-lash and as Aleesha was in the dance off she gets the votes this week, we have seen that before, bottom one week top the next,

If you think of the options:-

Say Gethin voted through, dance off Matt/Aleesha Judges vote Aleesha.
Say Aleesha vote through, Gethin/Matt dance off, more close but I guess Gethin through. ( if he is consistent).

Say Vote Matt, Aleesha/Gethin dance off most difficult for judges, 50/50

I guess we are looking at Matt out unless he gets all the vote, and he may do that.

Vincent and Flavia's Argentine Tango :thumbsup2

mandymouse
12-09-2007, 02:16 PM
What a treat to see Mark Ramprakash and Karen Hardy dancing on Sports Personality of the Year tonight

They're great together :thumbsup2

CustardTart
12-09-2007, 03:27 PM
What a treat to see Mark Ramprakash and Karen Hardy dancing on Sports Personality of the Year tonight

Lovely, wasn't it?! :goodvibes

natalielongstaff
12-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Im glad letitia went...i really felt sorry for matt the nerves got to him badly poor love :)

scottishsue
12-10-2007, 02:39 AM

They were amazing, weren't they? Sad to see Letitia go, but Matt does have the potential to do well as he has proved before, and I have always thought Letitia to be a bit stiff really. She just doesn't seem to be able to relax when she is dancing (although this was one of her better weeks).

Off topic a bit, but did anyone see the Royal Variety Show - wasn't Jon Bon Jovi brilliant ?

Andrew DEREK UK
12-10-2007, 01:03 PM
I see from It takes 2, that they are recording the SCD Christmas special today, hope Gabby, and Penny are in it, presume that as its today Kelly wouldn't be able to do it, as the funeral was this weekend.

Letitia is in it, we know Mark and Darren from previous years.

scottishsue
12-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Word is that Gethin is dating Katherine Jenkins !! Lucky lady !! :love:

Joanne UK
12-13-2007, 02:42 PM
I'd like to have seen him and Camilla get together. They seem to get on so well and look to be having the most fun.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Great show glad Aleesha came top she seserved it , hope the viewers agree, I personally felt Mat didnt deserve the first 40, it should have been Aleesha.

scottishsue
12-15-2007, 02:46 PM
You're going to hate me, but I want Matt and Gethin in the final !!
Alesha is too confident and that isn't good.

Would be great to see the 2 guys in the final next week - come on !!

(Off to watch X-factor final now.......... Rhydian to win !!)

Andrew DEREK UK
12-15-2007, 03:05 PM
You're going to hate me, but I want Matt and Gethin in the final !!
Alesha is too confident and that isn't good.

Would be great to see the 2 guys in the final next week - come on !!

(Off to watch X-factor final now.......... Rhydian to win !!)

Everyones entitled to their favorite and at this point you may get your wish,

Aleesha has been the most consistent and beautiful dancer and put in more hours than anyone else, Matt was on form tonight, but was sooo lucky to still be here after last weeks 'amnesia'.

Gethin has done so well.

With only one going through by the Judge/Phone vote its so open particular as Matt was in no2 position by judges and has a strong phone vote.

If Aleesha or Gethin get through automatically I think Matt will loose the dance off, but if Matt gets through automatically is a difficult decision.

Joanne UK
12-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Aleesha will definately be in the final. Even if she is in the dance off again there's no way the judges won't put her through.

I'm rooting for Camilla and Gethin but I think they'll be going out unfortunately.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Aleesha will definitely be in the final. Even if she is in the dance off again there's no way the judges won't put her through.

I'm rooting for Camilla and Gethin but I think they'll be going out unfortunately.

I have seen the result of phone in and 'split' *judges opinion after the dance off, I am pleased who the public voted for, to go straight through!

* I agree with Arliene!

Natasha&Matt
12-16-2007, 02:00 AM
Alesha to win she is the best <3 And i want her to win so her husband that cheated on her with Javine will know he made a big mistake *** Alesha is wonderful =D x

Joanne UK
12-16-2007, 03:15 AM
I have seen the result of phone in and 'split' *judges opinion after the dance off, I am pleased who the public voted for, to go straight through!

* I agree with Arliene!

I've seen the results too.

mandymouse
12-16-2007, 05:36 AM
I missed last nights show, was it good ? Did Matt overcome his nerves ? I hope so

I've seen the spoilers and I am chuffed to bits with the final two - I must vote a couple of times for my fave before I go off on holiday and hopefully I'll check in next week to see who has won

scottishsue
12-16-2007, 05:51 AM
I'm not so chuffed about the final 2, but the judges know more about dancing than I do !!

Next week will be interesting.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-16-2007, 08:33 AM
I think one is a great dancer, the best on the show in 07, the other will have nerves so bad he will forget where he should be and go to ITV Studios! (Or Elstree)

scottishsue
12-16-2007, 10:14 AM
I think one is a great dancer, the best on the show in 07, the other will have nerves so bad he will forget where he should be and go to ITV Studios! (Or Elstree)

He might actually surprise us all, be totally amazing next week, and win it !!

Andrew DEREK UK
12-16-2007, 10:38 AM
He might actually surprise us all, be totally amazing next week, and win it !!

Yes that would be a surprise!!!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Andrew DEREK UK
12-16-2007, 12:40 PM
GO ALEESHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Final is yours!

scottishsue
12-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Calm down Andrew !! :lmao:

COME ON MATT !!

sorry Andrew !!

Andrew DEREK UK
12-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Calm down Andrew !! :lmao:

COME ON MATT !!

sorry Andrew !!

Its ok, hes going to forget to turn up!

Joanne UK
12-16-2007, 02:10 PM
I can't see him managing to get through 5 dances!

natalielongstaff
12-17-2007, 12:50 AM
I tkink Alesha should win...she is the best dancer :)

Chilly
12-17-2007, 07:12 AM
I think it could go either way as both of them have been in the dance off and therefore not got the public vote but also been saved by the public. I think it may all come down to the show dance and I think Matt may surprise everyone and be amazing. To come back after last week and get 40...

MATT TO WIN!!!

scottishsue
12-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Someone was moody !!

DEVASTATED Camilla Dallerup threw a tantrum after she and Gethin Jones were voted off Strictly Come Dancing.

The Danish beauty and partner Gethin looked stunned after losing to EastEnder Matt Di Angelo and Flavia Cacace in the Beeb show on Saturday.

As soon as the cameras stopped rolling Camilla stomped off, locked herself in her dressing room and refused to go to a party for finalists Alesha Dixon and Matt.

A studio source said: “Camilla was livid. She really wanted to win. She threw a real tantrum. She was in tears and her makeup was a mess.

“There was a big party for all the stars to go to but she wasn’t in the mood.”

A more gracious Gethin went to the do after thanking everyone. He said: “I’ve had an incredible adventure.”

Goofysmate
12-17-2007, 09:41 AM
I can't see Matt coping with five dances i think his nerves will get the better of him.
I do think Alesla will win

Andrew DEREK UK
12-17-2007, 11:19 AM
I can't see Matt coping with five dances i think his nerves will get the better of him.

Agreed He needs Paul McKenna to help.

TinkTatoo
12-17-2007, 11:20 AM

I agree - he won't be able to handle the pressure.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Someone was moody !!

DEVASTATED Camilla Dallerup threw a tantrum after she and Gethin Jones were voted off Strictly Come Dancing.

The Danish beauty and partner Gethin looked stunned after losing to EastEnder Matt Di Angelo and Flavia Cacace in the Beeb show on Saturday.

As soon as the cameras stopped rolling Camilla stomped off, locked herself in her dressing room and refused to go to a party for finalists Alesha Dixon and Matt.

A studio source said: “Camilla was livid. She really wanted to win. She threw a real tantrum. She was in tears and her makeup was a mess.

“There was a big party for all the stars to go to but she wasn’t in the mood.”

A more gracious Gethin went to the do after thanking everyone. He said: “I’ve had an incredible adventure.”

She did work hard and the final should have been Gethin and Aleesha,

However loosing with grace is important, Penny, Gabby, for example went too early but with grace, Lets see how she is tonight, on it takes two.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Camilla seemed fine on It takes two.

Lizzy Lemon
12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Camilla seemed fine on It takes two.

I wondered where she was when Gethin appeared to be introducing the show at the beginning.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-17-2007, 01:45 PM
I wondered where she was when Gethin appeared to be introducing the show at the beginning.

Nickolas Ball did That last week as well.

I noted the judges also where concerned that Matt might not be able to remember five dances.

Lizzy Lemon
12-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Nickolas Ball did That last week as well.

I noted the judges also where concerned that Matt might not be able to remember five dances.

Did he, I must have missed the beginning of that show!

I'm worried about Matt too, it will spoil an exciting climax to the series if he does forget his steps. Gethin should definitely have gone through, as it was pointed out he's never forgotten a step in all his dances.

Chilly
12-18-2007, 06:28 AM
They won't be five new dances though will they, some will be one's he has already done, I imagine he will do his Salsa again.

Joanne UK
12-18-2007, 06:30 AM
one is a free dance that they wont have done before.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-18-2007, 12:00 PM
one is a free dance that they wont have done before.

Brendan would have liked that, he could 'lift' as often as he wished.

Chilly
12-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Brendan would have liked that, he could 'lift' as often as he wished.

I think it would have nice if they let Kelly and Brendan come back to do a "Final" dance, if she'd wanted to of course, as she had an abrupt departure from the show.

Joanne UK
12-20-2007, 07:12 AM
I think it would have nice if they let Kelly and Brendan come back to do a "Final" dance, if she'd wanted to of course, as she had an abrupt departure from the show.

I don't know if Kelly will be feeling up to being there on Saturday but all of the dancers will be performing one last time. Gethin and Camilla will be doing their Salsa again. I don't know if it's individual dances though or as part of one big group dance.

Chilly
12-20-2007, 08:41 AM
I don't know if Kelly will be feeling up to being there on Saturday but all of the dancers will be performing one last time. Gethin and Camilla will be doing their Salsa again. I don't know if it's individual dances though or as part of one big group dance.

If I remember rightly last year each couple pretty much only danced across the floor, not really a proper dance.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-20-2007, 11:19 AM

I agree she was my 'favorite' but I think at the time of the recording of the Christmas day show the funeral was held.

I think this Saturdays show will be one of the most watched TV shows of 2007, after the Rugby world cup.

With no X -Factor to split the viewers and ITV just putting a film against it, they have left it open to the BBC.

natalielongstaff
12-22-2007, 09:53 AM
not long to go now :banana: :banana: :banana:

this is the 1st series ive really watched and i can't wait to see who wins tonight :thumbsup2

florida sun
12-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Looking forward to tonights show:thumbsup2

TinkTatoo
12-22-2007, 10:17 AM
We're all set in our house to watch it :)

Andrew DEREK UK
12-22-2007, 10:40 AM
No bias:-

GO ALESHA!!!!!!!!!!!

(Well done Matt for getting this far!):woohoo:

Andrew DEREK UK
12-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Alesha by a small margin on the Judges marks, so far, I still hope she will win!

Chilly
12-22-2007, 12:46 PM
I voted for Matt. Can't wait for the results show!

Andrew DEREK UK
12-22-2007, 01:26 PM
I voted for Matt. Can't wait for the results show!

Someone had to Claire!!!!!:thumbsup2

Cant wait for the showdance, I would have prefered that in the main show as I think that will split them up!

Chilly
12-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Cant wait for the showdance, I would have prefered that in the main show as I think that will split them up!

They want to make sure people come back for the 2nd show.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-22-2007, 02:11 PM
They want to make sure people come back for the 2nd show.

I agree it has more competition on ITV , rather than the early show, which most likely will be one of the top viewed shows of 2008.

I just hope they do it at the start to give everyone more time to vote.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-22-2007, 03:24 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

ALESHA

DESERVED IT!!!!

WELL DONE!