PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/ a sticky situation a WWYD question

disneydance
10-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Ok this may sound really weird and all but ive just just been thinking...

Ok there is this girl at my school that no one likes. She has no friends and everyone makes fun of her. Her name is Christy and she isnt like anyone else. She doesnt wear the same exact clothes as everyone else and to be truthful she just creeps everyone out. Then there is me and I pretty popular at school and have lots of friends. Well when we were younger aka second grade we used to be best friends we loved to hang out together and were very good friends this was in second grade. In third grade i went to another school and she stayed at the same one we hanged out alot since are mom were friends but she really started to creep me out. I really didnt want my mom to invite her to my 3rd grade b-day party because at that time i was becoming pretty popular and i thought that she would mess everything up but my mom did anyway and Christy really imberessed me. After that party and had enough of her and refused to hang out w/ her anymore and we went our separate ways. Last year I started 7th grade and we both went to the same middle school. Me and my friends never hanged out with her and she really creeps us out. That hasnt changed and well she has no friends. This year she has been making friends w/ alot of adults and really everyone thinks that she is weird. Everyone makes fun of her and bassically never says this to her face but thinks that she is a loser. I have treated her like that i will omit. Today at school we had a assembly and it was bassically on being friendly to everyone and one of the questions was i:

If you know someone who hasnt done anything to anyone and everyone just picks on her makes fun of her... stand up

95% of the school stood up. Today at lunch one of my friends ask me who i stood up about when they asked that question i said Christy and i asked who she stood up about and she said Christy. All my friends said they stood up for Christy and i have lots of friends and no one stood up for anyone but Christy. Ive been thinking about and think that i should treat Christy kinder and not act so rude to it but to be trueful I dont know how to do it or if i should alot of my friends said the same exact thing. So I was wondering what would you do in this type of situation. I would like lots of response do to this is a hard topic for me Thanks you all!!!

AngelInDisguise
10-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Say tomorrow (if you have school, idk), but at lunch (if you have the same lunch), go up to her and sit down. Just start talking to her.

Sparx
10-04-2007, 06:52 PM
I've been Christy.

be nice to her. Talk to her. maybe shes so weird because she doesn't have friends. maybe shes so creepy because no one likes her anyway, why try to be nice?

I'm saying this as nicely as you can. all of you (not just you, becuase you're at least making the effort ) get over yourselves. be nice to her.

disneydance
10-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks so much i think i will go sit down w/ her tommorrow at lunch and just hang out w/ her for 15 minutes or so and just be kind to her i know some of my others friends and thinking about doing this so i think we can do this as a group to make her realize that we do care about her :)

My Own Little Corner
10-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Katie, I think you know in your own heart exactly what you need to do. Like you said she has really never done anything against you except started acting a bit weird. If I was you I think it is about time to make the change and start to be kinder to her. I don't know if you have to go as far as being best friends like you were when you were little, but just try to be a little nicer to her. You may find that she isn't so bad after all.

disneydance
10-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Thats what i'm thinking i really have lots of other friends and she needs at least a few friends thanks for all the help :)

My Own Little Corner
10-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Thats what i'm thinking i really have lots of other friends and she needs at least a few friends thanks for all the help :)

No probem Katie, You seem like such a sweet person.:goodvibes

disneydance
10-04-2007, 07:46 PM
I try to be as nice as i can and i dont want her to feel hated even though many people treat her that way but i think if a group of people do it together it would be alot easier than just one person so i think i'm going to call my bff about it and also some of my other friends and will make the plan!!!!

My Own Little Corner
10-04-2007, 07:51 PM
I try to be as nice as i can and i dont want her to feel hated even though many people treat her that way but i think if a group of people do it together it would be alot easier than just one person so i think i'm going to call my bff about it and also some of my other friends and will make the plan!!!!

Good Idea.:goodvibes

Water Spirit
10-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Get to know her more and maybe she won't creep you out as much!:)

Axel
10-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I've been "Christy", heck, in some ways I still am.

It shouldn't matter about popularity. Popularity is so overrated. If people are truly your friends, they'll stick with you, popular or not. School isn't about being the coolest, it's about being yourself and having fun (and learning...I guess :P). If she used to be your friend and you don't get why people make fun of her, go hang out with her.

You shouldn't worry about being popular. You shouldn't worry about what other people think of you. You should do what you want to do. If you think something is wrong, fix it.

Pirate Me
10-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Don't worry about what anyone else might say, go for it. There are alot of kids in my school that are alone, heck, I've been alone for quite a while before. I used to like it when people would come talk to me. It showed that they did care.

CheezDoodle
10-04-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm like her (Christy).

I'd seriously hate you. You'd be on 'I hope a tiger eats' list.

:cutie:

PowerMonkey
10-04-2007, 08:31 PM
being popular doesnt mean you cant hang out with the unpopular kids... school is not about doing what everyone expects you to do... do what you feel is right... i give props to the people who are themselves, even if itll "embarrass" them.. cause in the end, theyre being true to themselves, and thats nothing bad at all...you dont have to exactly be christy's best friend or anything if you guys dont click anymore.. but if you see people treating her bad, stand up for her... jsut let her know that you do care, and that youre not the jerk that she probably thought you were...

disneydance
10-04-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm trying to say I cant hang out w/ her some of closest friends are unpopular its just the way that she acts. She doesnt know how to act around other people so they treat her that way. But I feel really bad for her I'm sorry for anyone here who is Christy and I may have been rude to also for other people arent Christy I encourage you to think of one person at your school that no one likes and is made fun of for tommorrow to just go sit by them at lunch or something you dont have to do much its just the little thought that counts to make sure they have someone who cares and make tommorrow and every day Teen Disboards be friendly to everyone day :)

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Sit with her.
Who cares if your popular.
It's not worth being mean to someone.
If your friends say your a loser, ignre them.
You know you are not a loser.
Your doing the right thing.

disneydance
10-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks for all the tips its just a real hard decision

My Own Little Corner
10-04-2007, 11:57 PM
I have friends who are considered the populars and friends who are considered the nerds. I talk to everybody and everybody talks to me. That makes me have more friends. That is the way I look at it.

My drama friends are my closest friends though and they are a weird bunch.:lmao:

::Snow_White::
10-05-2007, 06:16 AM
I've been there. Except I was the smart/quiet/teacherspet that had no friends. All the same, in the friend department.

Sit with her.
Talk to her.
Laugh with her.
Get to know her better.

People are different then how they appear.
And
Being popular isn't everything.

Maybe you two can become friends again. :]

Ms.Squeakers
10-05-2007, 03:37 PM
i am currently christy, all of my OLD friends from long ago avoid me as much as possible i say hi all of the time but all i get instead is a shove in the hallway or "haha mouse said this" or "haha mouse said that"

please GO TALK TO HER, not because im forcing you to but seriously try and get to know her

being a jerk isnt going to help anyone
even if you are "cool" that doesnt give you any power over ANYTHING

im sorry but this makes me really emotional because i believe very strongly in this stuff because i am the loner...the one no one ever wants to be around...the one that people just wanna slap in the face just because of what i look like or how i act not anything with my real personality...

Im sorry I cant say any more with a nice additude...

disneychick2721
10-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Im sorry but the word "popularity" makes me cringe. No One should be downsized based on how many friends they have or how many people they know or how they act.
Life's to short to worry about being noticed, having many friends, and being the center of attention. I think you should go talk to her.

That just my opinion.

life of the party
10-05-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm like her (Christy).

I'd seriously hate you. You'd be on 'I hope a tiger eats' list.

:cutie:

:rotfl:

Lizbon
10-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Im sorry but the word "popularity" makes me cringe. No One should be downsized based on how many friends they have or how many people they know or how they act.
Life's to short to worry about being noticed, having many friends, and being the center of attention. I think you should go talk to her.

That just my opinion.

Me too! I absolutly hate that word. I don't even belive in the word popular. You are never liked by everyone, so what gives you the title of popular? Do you give it to yourself? Personally I can't stand the "popular" kids at school so to me they aren't "popular". I belive everyone is "popular" in their own group of friends. Having a lot of friends does not make you popular, obviously you're liked, but like I said, you're never liked by everyone. There are people who don't like me, and I don't like the "popular" people so why do they get to be doned the popular people? Why not me? I have lots of friends to. Do you see where I'm going? Sorry for my little rant.

Seriously how would you like it if you went through school without friends becasue people thought you were "weird". She has never done anything to you so I don't get how you can really say she isn't friend worthy. Just be nice to her. In a few years, when the going gets tough, she might be the one there for you. I'm sorry but you're basically saying you were to good for her. It seems in 8th grade you should be worrying about more than just popularity.

JMHO

disneychick2721
10-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Me too! I absolutly hate that word. I don't even belive in the word popular. You are never liked by everyone, so what gives you the title of popular? Do you give it to yourself? Personally I can't stand the "popular" kids at school so to me they aren't "popular". I belive everyone is "popular" in their own group of friends. Having a lot of friends does not make you popular, obviously you're liked, but like I said, you're never liked by everyone. There are people who don't like me, and I don't like the "popular" people so why do they get to be doned the popular people? Why not me? I have lots of friends to. Do you see where I'm going? Sorry for my little rant.

Seriously how would you like it if you went through school without friends becasue people thought you were "weird". She has never done anything to you so I don't get how you can really say she isn't friend worthy. Just be nice to her. In a few years, when the going gets tough, she might be the one there for you. I'm sorry but you're basically saying you were to good for her. It seems in 8th grade you should be worrying about more than just popularity.

JMHO

Exactly my point !!
BTW: I enjoyed your little rant :rotfl:

Lizbon
10-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Thank you. :goodvibes Now if only I could get up the nerve or the oppurtunity would come up so I could say that to all the "popular" people at my school. :confused3

Also adding: at this point, no offense but if I were her I wouldn't want to be friends with anyone in that school. You're saying your going to make an effort, but who says she wants to be your friend? I think the whole popular thing comes in here again, you think she is going to be your best friend now? My guess is probably not. This is where the "everyone isn't going to like you" comes in. Again, not trying to be mean, just honest. Its JMO.

disneychick2721
10-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Thank you. :goodvibes Now if only I could get up the nerve or the oppurtunity would come up so I could say that to all the "popular" people at my school. :confused3

If something with "popular" people every say or do make you snap, just say what you gotta say. And hopefully people will listen.

Lizbon
10-05-2007, 07:00 PM
You quoted me before I edited it, you should read the other part if you like my rants. :D Haha and I will if the opportunity comes up. But you know how some people get. You stand up to them and they walk away to their friends and start laughing. So I came up with a way to start my little arguement if the opportunity comes a knocking:

"I know I'm going to say this and when you walk away you're going to laugh with your friends and say what a loser I am, but I can almost guarentee when I walk off to talk about this to MY friends, we will proabaly do the same thing about you. So what makes you so special?...." (and so on, something liek that)

disneychick2721
10-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Again I agree with you!
Thats pretty much it, you pretty much covered all I can think of.
Hahaha, i still love your rants they make me smile. lmao :rotfl:

Lizbon
10-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh geez I went to go read my rants again and its amazing how many typos I make when I'm in a heated discussion (in this case a discussion basically with myself :laughing: ) Time to do some editing.

disneydance
10-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Update: Ok so today at school me and a friend went and talked to her and made our day yes she did want to hang out w/ us more after that aka the school dance but at least we made her day. We really didnt know want to think but she was real happy and we saw a big smile on her face. The only thing is now all she wants to do is hang out w/ us which alot of friends think we are weird for that and we really dont want to spend all our time w/ her since we have lots of other friends too. I guess that we just made her know that someone cares about her even if she really doesnt know it...

My Own Little Corner
10-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Update: Ok so today at school me and a friend went and talked to her and made our day yes she did want to hang out w/ us more after that aka the school dance but at least we made her day. We really didnt know want to think but she was real happy and we saw a big smile on her face. The only thing is now all she wants to do is hang out w/ us which alot of friends think we are weird for that and we really dont want to spend all our time w/ her since we have lots of other friends too. I guess that we just made her know that someone cares about her even if she really doesnt know it...

Katie you did a really special thing today. You know that don't you. Hugs to you.:hug:

disneydance
10-05-2007, 10:37 PM
thanks so much i know alot of people are chewing me out on this subject since it is a hard thing and all but at least she knows that we care. We really couldnt relate to what she was talking about and she does like slap and it alot of people and act pretty much more like a second grader aka ____________ has cuddys thats why some people dont like her but at least we took sometime to get to know her

disneychick2721
10-06-2007, 09:25 AM

If you dont want to spend all your time with her, then introduce her to people, so she'll make more friends and hang out with them, when your not available.(< no idea if thats spelt right)

life of the party
10-06-2007, 09:44 AM
sit next to her talk to her invite her over cause your moms are such good friends plan something idk.

ive been christy.

and i am in your shoes.

Lizbon
10-06-2007, 10:17 AM
But see now your being her friend because you feel bad for her. You said you still think she is weird. And now people think your weird so you don't want to spend a lot of time with her. That is only going to make things worse in the long run. If you're not really her friend, don't pretend to be. Trust me, it will hurt her even more if she finds out if your pretending.

I'm not trying to be rude I'm just expressing my opinion. And I know I am not the only one who feels this way.

disneychick2721
10-06-2007, 10:34 AM
^^^::yes::

Lizbon
10-06-2007, 10:45 AM
(I just posted on a thread Shelby (Sparx) made. I had a little rant there too if you want to go read it. :laughing: ) ^^^^^

disneychick2721
10-06-2007, 11:07 AM
O-boy! :rotfl: ^^

Lizbon
10-06-2007, 11:09 AM
:laughing:

disneydance
10-06-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm sorry that i'm making people feel fusterated on this i'm not trying to be rude and i just want to get to know her a little bit more before i invite her over to my house or anything but that is just me