PDA

View Full Version : I think this board has changed. vent

pigletgirl
10-04-2007, 04:00 PM
And I'm not sure, if its a good thing or not. There are people who I don't even know, and I kinda feel lost in the shuffle. But things change. I don't know, it just feels so *ugh* I can't even explain it. Maybe it is because I'm older now? :confused3 Does anyone else feel this way?

Anyways, I'll check in from time to time, but I'm pretty busy, and so it might be awhile between logins.

Vent over.

Sparx
10-04-2007, 04:01 PM
wait, you're venting because we have new posters?

I'm confused:confused3

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm confused to.

I don't know how the board was long ago, since I only joined in August.

Sparx
10-04-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm confused to.

I don't know how the board was long ago, since I only joined in August.

the funny thing, she doesn't even really know how the board was long ago. she just joined a little over a year ago.

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 04:14 PM
O

How was the board long ago?
Less people I am sure.

Sparx
10-04-2007, 04:17 PM
O

How was the board long ago?
Less people I am sure.

hm. no more or less, just different people. the average age of the tb was higher than thirteen (unlike now) The threads were more disney related. we could use HTML. there were fewer "boost your post count" and stuff like that. no monthly game things like the boos or turkeys or anything like that. All of that stuff is pretty recent. we had strict moderators. (Norah and Travis at first, then Tara came in and then it was just travis and tara, and it seems travis had disappeared too.)

Honestly, given the choice, I prefer old tb to new tb. but when I say old, I mean late 04, early 05. (i lurked a bit before I joined)

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 04:21 PM
I would like it to be more disney related. Now it's all aout boys and such crap. But that is just my opinion.

Babyjustrun
10-04-2007, 04:23 PM
hm. no more or less, just different people. the average age of the tb was higher than thirteen (unlike now) The threads were more disney related. we could use HTML. there were fewer "boost your post count" and stuff like that. no monthly game things like the boos or turkeys or anything like that. All of that stuff is pretty recent. we had strict moderators. (Norah and Travis at first, then Tara came in and then it was just travis and tara, and it seems travis had disappeared too.)

Honestly, given the choice, I prefer old tb to new tb. but when I say old, I mean late 04, early 05. (i lurked a bit before I joined)

I remember a bit of that. There's a bit I don't because I haven't been here as long as you have. Not even close.
I remember everyone being older than me. There were very few my age, and now half the people I see posting are 10, 11 and 12.

December 30th marks my second year on here.

JulielovesDisney
10-04-2007, 04:23 PM
I would like it to be more disney related. Now it's all aout boys and such crap. But that is just my opinion.

Yeah, that stuff gets annoying. And all the "Rack up your posts" topics. :headache:

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 04:26 PM
I 'try' to stay on disney related things.

Babyjustrun
10-04-2007, 04:27 PM
I don't mind threads that aren't Disney related.
But completely pointless topics about nothing bother me.
I like topics, where I can debate with you. I like topics that make me passionately mad.

disney100666
10-04-2007, 04:28 PM
I'd like to have the board be Disney related too, but also a place where we can have random threads about different topics also.

and I'm confused, you don't like new people?

RaggedyAnnPrincess
10-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Heh, sorry if im one of the people who get's off topic on The Random thread, but, after all, it's random right?:confused3

3mtn-kate
10-04-2007, 05:59 PM
i've only been on for barely a year so i can't really relate to how the old TB was but i like it now
i dont really have any issues with the whole random threads or anything but i would love more WDW related threads
thats just me:love:

My Own Little Corner
10-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Well I can really live without the random threads, but since they are here it is nice to just have fun. But I would just as well enjoy good debates and good topic talks on Disney related stuff and other topics.

Jasmine45
10-04-2007, 06:10 PM
And I'm not sure, if its a good thing or not. There are people who I don't even know, and I kinda feel lost in the shuffle. But things change. I don't know, it just feels so *ugh* I can't even explain it. Maybe it is because I'm older now? :confused3 Does anyone else feel this way?

Anyways, I'll check in from time to time, but I'm pretty busy, and so it might be awhile between logins.

Vent over.

Uhh! Like the people that are obbsesed with BOO's and Tags and Post Count! And only post on the Random Thread!

My Own Little Corner
10-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Uhh! Like the people that are obbsesed with BOO's and Tags and Post Count! And only post on the Random Thread!

That is why I try to join in on all the topics. Yes the Random thread does seem to get the most hits on here by old and new posters, but I think we should all strive to become more of a community and post on most of the threads. Especially the threads that members are asking for help from others. Those people are reaching out and it is very sad to look at some of those threads and see minimal activity and see a random thread with hundreds of thousands of silly stuff on them. Just my two cents from a new poster.

Jasmine45
10-04-2007, 06:17 PM
That is why I try to join in on all the topics. Yes the Random thread does seem to get the most hits on here by old and new posters, but I think we should all strive to become more of a community and post on most of the threads. Especially the threads that members are asking for help from others. Those people are reaching out and it is very sad to look at some of those threads and see minimal activity and see a random thread with hundreds of thousands of silly stuff on them. Just my two cents from a new poster.

Thank you!

disneychick2721
10-04-2007, 06:17 PM

I agree.

My Own Little Corner
10-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Thank you!

You are Welcome:thumbsup2

AngelInDisguise
10-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Sorry if I made anyone mad. I am sorry if I did. =]

But I can't really relate to the old thread, but I would LOVE it to be more Disney. A lot more Disney!

disneydance
10-04-2007, 06:55 PM
I post random stuff on the random thread but i also post lots on other boards also aka the resort board and the cruise board but i do post disney stuff on her also I'm sorry about posting random other than disney topics here but sometime i need advice...

pigletgirl
10-04-2007, 07:41 PM
wait, you're venting because we have new posters?

I'm confused:confused3
Not really.

Yeah, that really does irritate me too. I could care less about how many posts someone has.

I don't know...I'm totally having an off day all around.

tinkerbellblondie19
10-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Honestly, I agree.

And I've only been on here since March.

Before, there were older, established threads that pretty much covered anything anyone wanted/needed to talk about.

There weren't constantly new threads about everyone's real life problems.

There were a couple of threads that tended to get erased because of fighting, and then they'd restart, get a bunch of posts, then fighting would break out and the cycle begins again.

I've seen this change on other forums, too. Particularly the podcast forum, which is only a few months old.

tigger/winnie/tink
10-04-2007, 09:09 PM
idk but when i joined the board was quiet it seem around summer the board get boosted i haven't been on for a year imho i like the board and how there's a a new friend to make

CheerExtreme
10-04-2007, 09:12 PM
I understand what you are getting at. Let me interperate. You are talking about more summer/juneish time right? Yeah it has changed. I haven't been on long, but I am not liking what it has turned into. We used to have discussions that I would want to jump right into, but now I have my own issues with life and don't want to really hear about your little 11 year old boy problems. I am not saying that this is how everybody is, but a big majority. I come on once a day and we have about 25 new threads...most about crap. I am sure a lot of you were this way when I came, but IDK. I just have been spending less time on b/c of the way it has become.

tinkerbellblondie19
10-04-2007, 09:14 PM
I understand what you are getting at. Let me interperate. You are talking about more summer/juneish time right? Yeah it has changed. I haven't been on long, but I am not liking what it has turned into. We used to have discussions that I would want to jump right into, but now I have my own issues with life and don't want to really hear about your little 11 year old boy problems. I am not saying that this is how everybody is, but a big majority. I come on once a day and we have about 25 new threads...most about crap. I am sure a lot of you were this way when I came, but IDK. I just have been spending less time on b/c of the way it has become.
Exactly.

tigger/winnie/tink
10-04-2007, 09:16 PM
yes i hate that to i only posted on the random thread at first where i was new and didn't know bout the board seriously i just know realized what the title ment i like how diverse the tb is i only get upset when you have like 8 vh threads i know people get annoyed by the harry potter threads so i try to inform and that's why i changed the name

CheerExtreme
10-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Exactly.

Thank dear Lord baby Jesus! I was afraid everyone was going to freak about that post!

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 09:18 PM
I wish i was here when there was less people.

tigger/winnie/tink
10-04-2007, 09:19 PM
I understand what you are getting at. Let me interperate. You are talking about more summer/juneish time right? Yeah it has changed. I haven't been on long, but I am not liking what it has turned into. We used to have discussions that I would want to jump right into, but now I have my own issues with life and don't want to really hear about your little 11 year old boy problems. I am not saying that this is how everybody is, but a big majority. I come on once a day and we have about 25 new threads...most about crap. I am sure a lot of you were this way when I came, but IDK. I just have been spending less time on b/c of the way it has become.well i know people have problems but that's what a blog is for

CheerExtreme
10-04-2007, 09:21 PM
I wish i was here when there was less people.

Its not when it was less people that it was better. It was when everyone was getting posts for the right reason. We were on like everyday, but answered things that mattered to us. I am not trying to be rude, but seriously you joined in August and already have 2000 posts?

EDIT-
Sorry, you just got 3000 posts.

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah. I just have a lot of topics to chat about. And when nobody is on, on the RUYPWRS I post pics, song titles, or just say player names. Like "where is disneydance" " where is raven the bird" lol

or i "lala" on the board

CheerExtreme
10-04-2007, 09:25 PM
I am done talking. I have a concussion (no joke) and am just not in a good mood.

imabrat
I agree.
Even though I posted here before I was a teen (heck,I was 10),I'd appreciate it if you'd wait to post until you are a teen.
Then you would relate to more DISers and get the advice or help or whatever you're looking for because most of the DISers are 13+.

Now,It seems like everyone is 10,11,12 and asking which boyfriend to choose and only posting to get a higher post count.
It's quite annoying actually.

I miss the old board.
I've been here since 03,and from then and now,has been a huge change.

pigletgirl
But don't you go to school?? How do you have time to post so much in a day? (TwistyMisty)

pigletgirl
10-04-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. :)

CheerExtreme
10-04-2007, 09:28 PM
I agree.
Even though I posted here before I was a teen (heck,I was 10),I'd appreciate it if you'd wait to post until you are a teen.
Then you would relate to more DISers and get the advice or help or whatever you're looking for because most of the DISers are 13+.

Now,It seems like everyone is 10,11,12 and asking which boyfriend to choose and only posting to get a higher post count.

I miss the old board.
This is what I mean. Some people have real problems. FOR GOD SAKES YOU ARE FIGHTING CANCER!
But don't you go to school?? How do you have time to post so much in a day? (TwistyMisty)
My point exactly.

::Snow_White::
10-04-2007, 09:29 PM
I am done talking. I have a concussion (no joke) and am just not in a good mood.

:hug:
Feel better.

I've only been here a couple months, but I've lurked around since last August.
So I guess it's kind of changed.

PowerMonkey
10-04-2007, 09:30 PM
yea, im new and i was kinda surprised that there were so many spam threads... ive honestly never seen a thread with 5000 + pages of just random stuff lol, and ive been to a lot of forums... i was also rethinking what a "teen" was because so many people on here are sooo much younger than i what i had i in mind as a teenager... i feel old :P

but its ok i guess.. spam doesnt bother me too much.. some good threads do pop up here and there though.. i just hate how everything gets buried in a days time if its not popular haha

CheerExtreme
10-04-2007, 09:30 PM
:hug:
Feel better.

I've only been here a couple months, but I've lurked around since last August.
So I guess it's kind of changed.

Thank you. Another cheerleading accident.

VMK_MagicalLadee
10-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Well.

I see Im not wanted to be posting on the random thread.

Too bad?

I liek posting there, and its a board. Sorry if it bothers you.. I dont..really care.

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 09:38 PM
I agree.

I miss the old board.
There is like, no board for 12 year olds.
I'm not into VMK much.
And some people on here are my friends.
I was actually quite affended by that comment.
And I'm not posting just to get a high amount.
And fine, if you want me to stop posting, I will do it.
AND IT'S ONLY 1 MONTH TILL IM A TEEN.

pigletgirl
10-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Magical_Ladee....as long as we have just one thread for random stuff is fine....but other than that, its getting crazy.

RaggedyAnnPrincess
10-04-2007, 10:13 PM
It's not like the Teen board has an age limit or anything,and Like TwistyMisty said, there isn't a board for tweens.So I think ages 10-12 year old kids have as much right to be here. As long as they're behaving, of course.

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Thank you.

Tinkerbell424
10-04-2007, 10:23 PM
It's not like the Teen board has an age limit or anything,and Like TwistyMisty said, there isn't a board for tweens.So I think ages 10-12 year old kids have as much right to be here. As long as they're behaving, of course.

I agree.
We all are hear because we all have one main common interest -Disney.
Who care's how old you are,just as long as you are a friendly poster who follow's the rules?

Vannah
10-04-2007, 10:23 PM
I was a lurker on everywhere BUT the TB for a while before I joined, and even after I joined I didn't realize there was even a Teen Board...but I was only 12 then, so I was kind of afraid to start posting until I was 13, which was only a few days off.
Anywho, yes, the pointless threads about nothing do get annoying, but I try to ignore them if possible.
I also find it hard to find a good thread to post on, like something I really care about.

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Just because there is a pointless thread doesn't mean you have to read it.

imabrat
10-04-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm not into VMK much.

Well if there's no board for 12 year olds,
why don't you wait a year until there is a board aimed at your age group.

I don't know where you brought VMK in.

Okay,they're your friends.
and?

Why are you offended?
It wasn't aimed at you,it was for other people too.

It sure seems like you are.You even had it in your siggy the other night.

I'm not telling you to stop posting.
Stop posting,I wouldn't care.

Okay,only one month till your a teen,i get it.

JMHO,It's called TEEN Disney for a reason.
Not TWEEN Disney.

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 10:29 PM
And that was a GOAL

someone else had it in their siggy before and you didnt say anything.
and in my siggy it didnt say

" IM GONNA BEAT EVERYONE IN MY POSTS "

i never said it was a contest.
and i can post here if i want to.
there is no RULE that you HAVE to be a teen.
AGE AINT NOTHING BUT A NUMBER.

Vannah
10-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Stop the madness, please.

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm not the one who started the madness.

My Own Little Corner
10-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Stop the madness, please.

I totally agree. This is all utter nonsense.

imabrat
10-04-2007, 10:36 PM
And that was a GOAL

Don't get your panties in a twist.
I was voicing my opinion.

And,techincally,YES you did start the madness.

Now i'm going the more mature person and end this right here

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 10:38 PM
No i didnt.

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 10:39 PM
You said THIS first. So you started it.

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 10:39 PM
I agree.

I miss the old board.

My Own Little Corner
10-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Please both of you end this NOW

pigletgirl
10-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Twisty..you never answered my question.

And now you're pointing fingers at others. Real nice. Sonya is right, its your deal honey.

My Own Little Corner
10-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Can I ask, what is the friggin big deal about how often she post or if she is 12 years old or not. It is not effecting me one bit that she is posting so much or that she is 12 years old. It really doesn't matter to me. I come on here to enjoy myself, not to bicker about petty stuff like how many posts someone has over someone else or how old someone is. It isn't worth my time or effort to do that. And that is not what this board is about. All this is turning into is she said/sahe said and pointing fingers. Is that what this board is all about? I think not.

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 10:51 PM
If this was the question..

Yes i do go to school. LOL. But I am addicted to the board.
I get on here AMAP

pigletgirl
10-04-2007, 10:54 PM
I haven't said anything about her age. Do I really care that a 12 yr old on here? No.

PowerMonkey
10-04-2007, 10:57 PM
:/ ... **, this thread went downhill fast.. cant everyone just agree to disagree and move on.. just ignore someone if you dont like theyre posts.. its not that hard.. and if anyone feels that theres no worthwhile topics, than make a topic of your own on something that you do want to discus... this is really a dumb issue to fight over...

My Own Little Corner
10-04-2007, 10:58 PM
:/ ... **, this thread went downhill fast.. cant everyone just agree to disagree and move on.. just ignore someone if you dont like theyre posts.. its not that hard.. and if anyone feels that theres no worthwhile topics, than make a topic of your own on something that you do want to discus... this is really a dumb issue to fight over...

Totally agreed

CheerExtreme
10-05-2007, 10:29 AM
And that was a GOAL

Honey, slow down. This is not supposed to be a fight. The thing that they are all trying to say is that some people have got some serious crap going on in their life. Sonya has got cancer for crying out loud. People don't want to come onto the boards and find 500 new threads about crap. They want serious stuff. Sure you can talk about your boyfriend if it has a point. Having a point would be like a boyfriend abusing you, not which boyfriend you should choose. The teen board is not a discrimination to all tweens and younger kids. If you are on here you have to be mature. If you are a 11 year old who can have mature conversations then that is ok.

DramaQueen
10-05-2007, 11:40 AM
hmm okay i'm a bit too lazy to read this whole board, but from what i have read, i have a few comments.

i've been a member of the TB for a loong time, I've only been REALLY active for the past year and a bit though, because I just came on occasionally for DIsney tips & Stuff (when THAT's what this board used to be about)

But honestly, I have NO problem with younger DISers asking for advice if it has nothing to do with Disney...I think the TB is a good place for them to be asking if they don't feel comfortable asking their friends at school.

I LOVE the Disney threads...but I also LOOOVE the threads where we can debate and discuss our opinions on current issues, or ask for advice, or talk about our lives. I love them! Sure sometimes we get off opic, and we fight QUITE a bit, but that's what I love about the TB!!

I'm one of about maybe 5 people who are over 18 on this board, and I haven't got a problem at all with 10,11,12 year old DISers on the TB. I think it's pretty cool that I can have a conversation with a 12 year old about a topic that we share interest in.

From my time on the TB it has changed a TON, people have come & gone, TONS of drama has ensued, mod changes, TONS of pointless, mindless threads, TONS of contraversial debates, fights, friednships & the occasional Disney talk.

I SERIOUSLY LOVE that about th TB, I love how ever-changing it it.
It goes through boring periods, it goes through extremely exciting periods.
ANd I'll probably be posting on the TB when I'm 30 if it is still interesting and fun.

Anyways, end rant of how much the TB rocksmysocks.

DramaQueen
10-05-2007, 11:42 AM
also, just thought I'd note, I've been a member since august 04, and it took me about 2.5 years to get 1000 posts! I only post when something interests me and not just to get a high post count or a tag or anything.

i think people should be less concerned with out-posting one another, and just focus and talking about topics that they actually have a genuine interest in.

I've been here for over 3 years now...and I'm only now ALMOST @ 2000 posts!

I'm a Divaaaaa
10-05-2007, 02:18 PM
hmm okay i'm a bit too lazy to read this whole board, but from what i have read, i have a few comments.

i've been a member of the TB for a loong time, I've only been REALLY active for the past year and a bit though, because I just came on occasionally for DIsney tips & Stuff (when THAT's what this board used to be about)

But honestly, I have NO problem with younger DISers asking for advice if it has nothing to do with Disney...I think the TB is a good place for them to be asking if they don't feel comfortable asking their friends at school.

I LOVE the Disney threads...but I also LOOOVE the threads where we can debate and discuss our opinions on current issues, or ask for advice, or talk about our lives. I love them! Sure sometimes we get off opic, and we fight QUITE a bit, but that's what I love about the TB!!

I'm one of about maybe 5 people who are over 18 on this board, and I haven't got a problem at all with 10,11,12 year old DISers on the TB. I think it's pretty cool that I can have a conversation with a 12 year old about a topic that we share interest in.

Agreed x 9384978945739476578364587934

disney100666
10-05-2007, 02:28 PM

I agree 100% I'm 12 but I behave, and I don't think I do anything to annoying all you expirenced DIS'ers.

My Own Little Corner
10-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Agreed x 9384978945739476578364587934

I also agree with Drama Queen. I am one of the new TBers that are at the upper end of the age range at 17 and have no problem conversing with the younger diser here. The one thing I really enjoy about this board is there is a good mix of silly threads and also good sit down and think threads . I also think that some do put way too much of an emphasis on posts counts and such, but honestly it doesn't effect me in one bit because post counts to me are just a number and are quite meaningless.

Pirate Me
10-05-2007, 03:29 PM
You can't tell them to wait until they turn 13 to post on the Teen Board. They aren't any different, just off by a year or two. Just about all of us joined before we were teens.

Jasmine45
10-05-2007, 03:29 PM
And now you're pointing fingers at others. Real nice. Sonya is right, its your deal honey.

ITA!!!!!

disney100666
10-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I agree.
We all are hear because we all have one main common interest -Disney.
Who care's how old you are,just as long as you are a friendly poster who follow's the rules?

yes yes yes, I also agree to this

and btw, what does ITA mean?

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-05-2007, 03:36 PM
You can't tell them to wait until they turn 13 to post on the Teen Board. They aren't any different, just off by a year or two. Just about all of us joined before we were teens.

::yes::

This is RIDICULOUS just cause me and some other DIS'ers have to wait A FEW MONTHS to be a teen isnt going to kill you. Its not like we post all about little pink ponies srsly, you have no reason to be angry. And you have to get used to the fact that were here and were not gonna leave.

Ms.Squeakers
10-05-2007, 03:49 PM

From my time on the TB it has changed a TON, people have come & gone, TONS of drama has ensued, mod changes, TONS of pointless, mindless threads, TONS of contraversial debates, fights, friednships & the occasional Disney talk.

ANd I'll probably be posting on the TB when I'm 30 if it is still interesting and fun.

Amen to that!

TwistyMisty
10-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Honey, slow down. This is not supposed to be a fight. The thing that they are all trying to say is that some people have got some serious crap going on in their life. Sonya has got cancer for crying out loud. People don't want to come onto the boards and find 500 new threads about crap. They want serious stuff. Sure you can talk about your boyfriend if it has a point. Having a point would be like a boyfriend abusing you, not which boyfriend you should choose. The teen board is not a discrimination to all tweens and younger kids. If you are on here you have to be mature. If you are a 11 year old who can have mature conversations then that is ok.

I'm 12, lol.

Thank you.

also, just thought I'd note, I've been a member since august 04, and it took me about 2.5 years to get 1000 posts! I only post when something interests me and not just to get a high post count or a tag or anything.

i think people should be less concerned with out-posting one another, and just focus and talking about topics that they actually have a genuine interest in.

I've been here for over 3 years now...and I'm only now ALMOST @ 2000 posts!

Congrats on almost 2000. But I have some friends on here, and I like to tell them how my day went, what's up and all that. Just because I am a little younger doesn't mean I can't have a real conversation. And, I don't just post like its a contest. So PEOPLE STOP TELLING THAT I DO!

Not to be mean to you or anything DramaQueen

Yeah, and I feel kinda left out because there is not a board for like, under 13 year olds. rofl.

::yes::

This is RIDICULOUS just cause me and some other DIS'ers have to wait A FEW MONTHS to be a teen isnt going to kill you. Its not like we post all about little pink ponies srsly, you have no reason to be angry. And you have to get used to the fact that were here and were not gonna leave.

Thanks Sam. *if i may call you that*
A few months is not bad.
Some people could be like 7 lying about their age.
And I agree.
Just because were younger...
Doesn't mean we can't post here.

Pirate Me
10-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Don't feel left out because they don't think people under 13 should be here. Join in and have fun. :)

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks Sam. *if i may call you that*
A few months is not bad.
Some people could be like 7 lying about their age.
And I agree.
Just because were younger...
Doesn't mean we can't post here.

You can call me Sam its fine with me XD

Jasmine45
10-05-2007, 06:08 PM
yes yes yes, I also agree to this

and btw, what does ITA mean?

I totaly agree.

:thumbsup2

TwistyMisty
10-06-2007, 11:04 PM
You can call me Sam its fine with me XD
Ok, thanks.

minniesBFF
10-06-2007, 11:32 PM
wow, this thread was starting to remind me of a while back when pretty much every thread turned into an all-out flame fest.

I haven't been on here much longer than a year, but I remember that the tb used to be a lot more "disney" related. Not that I don't like the other non disney threads, but sometimes it just gets out of hand. I post on the random thread, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but there should really only be one random thread. I like having threads with good debates and discussions, and I think right now the TB is lacking that.

daughter_of_amid_chaos
10-06-2007, 11:36 PM
the funny thing, she doesn't even really know how the board was long ago. she just joined a little over a year ago.

Oh the olden days.....great memories :)

And this thread is the main reason why you don't find me on here much anymore. When I first started posting here and yes I do believe i am the only "original" teen board member who still posts on here, we were a really tight knit group that talked on a regular basis about everything in life including disney and school. But there were no game threads and no fighting and moaning about who started what.

Sparx
10-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Oh the olden days.....great memories :)

And this thread is the main reason why you don't find me on here much anymore. When I first started posting here and yes I do believe i am the only "original" teen board member who still posts on here, we were a really tight knit group that talked on a regular basis about everything in life including disney and school. But there were no game threads and no fighting and moaning about who started what.

the days I were talking about was when you were a mod. ;)

taz
10-07-2007, 08:48 AM

Vent over.

I have been on this account for not too long, but I had an account that I joined in Dec. 05. Anyway it seems like every thread open right now is like games or something. Sorry if im wrong. It used to be less games and more disney stuff.

About the age thing: If people are mature enough, can spell fairly well(;)) Then let them be on here.

I just turned 13 last week and I felt like I fit on here somewhat. What boards are there for 11 year olds?

Pirate Me
10-07-2007, 08:56 AM
I'd welcome any 11 year old. We can't tell them to wait until they're old enough, its not right. If that was the case, there would be a lock on the TB for people under 13.

taz
10-07-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm not into VMK much.
I Agree with what you just said.

Big Deal if They Are 10! As long as they can have good disscussions!!

Wow, who really cares how old people are.

Maybe instead of complaining about kids, get rid of the "What is the first word that pops into your head" Stuff.

P.S. Would I be allowed to make a thread and ask people how old they are? Just to we can see how old peeps are?

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Im 12 SOOO SOON TO BE 13!! and i honestly dont care i feel like im waayy mature.. NOOOO WHO STOLE MY COOOKIE GIVE IT BBBAACCCKK!!!...im sorry but before i post anymore i have to go find my lost forbidden cookie...

crazytp93
10-07-2007, 10:01 AM
I was going to keep out of this but i cant anymore. Ok this is called a TEEN board for a reason. I mean If you 10-11 then you are not a teen, don't come on. (chance are you likely lied about your age.) I have been a member since May 07, but a longtime lurker.

Maybe we can get some new admins here, we need new blood and we need someone to delete those vhudgens and "omg does this boy like me?" threads. This is a disney board we talk about other things which i like. Sonya you are so right, maybe you and Sparx should be the new admins.

and now to Twisty

You posted about 15 consecutive posts on the Random thread the other day it was annoying.

Ok guys thanks and thank you to the vets for all they have done.

HSMndLKfan92
10-07-2007, 10:08 AM
wow, this thread was starting to remind me of a while back when pretty much every thread turned into an all-out flame fest.

Yup.
Honestly, this board is going to change.
Everything changes.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-07-2007, 10:09 AM
I was going to keep out of this but i cant anymore. Ok this is called a TEEN board for a reason. I mean If you 10-11 then you are not a teen, don't come on. (chance are you likely lied about your age.) I have been a member since May 07, but a longtime lurker.

Maybe we can get some new admins here, we need new blood and we need someone to delete those vhudgens and "omg does this boy like me?" threads. This is a disney board we talk about other things which i like. Sonya you are so right, maybe you and Sparx should be the new admins.

and now to Twisty

You posted about 15 consecutive posts on the Random thread the other day it was annoying.

Ok guys thanks and thank you to the vets for all they have done.

So she's just a little annoying and just under 13 like me, SO? Does she post about little pink ponies or childish things? No she doesnt. But we sure can start. Sonya isnt right because its free board and its SO RUDE you even THINK about telling us to stop posting cause were NOT 13. You have NERVE. Its not like she's 10 or 11, she's 12 like me SOON TO BE 13. You have NERVE kid, NERVE.

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 10:15 AM
So she's just a little annoying and just under 13 like me, SO? Does she post about little pink ponies or childish things? No she doesnt. But we sure can start. Sonya isnt right because its free board and its SO RUDE you even THINK about telling us to stop posting cause were NOT 13. You have NERVE. Its not like she's 10 or 11, she's 12 like me SOON TO BE 13. You have NERVE kid, NERVE.

Thank the lord someone out there has some common sense...

imabrat
10-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Thank the lord someone out there has some common sense...

So you're saying I don't have common sense,because I agree with crazytp93?

imabrat
10-07-2007, 10:20 AM

Who are you to tell someone if they're right or not?
He was stating an opinion,I was stating an opinion.
Our opinion is that it is called TEEN board for a reason.

If you don't like our opinion,just tell us.
If he agrees with my opinion,that's his choice.
But don't you dare tell him or I that we are wrong because of our opinion.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-07-2007, 10:28 AM

Ok, i HATE your opinon, and what Ms.Squeakers about having common sense, shes just agreeing with me. Oh and i can dare to do whatever i want, you cant control me. :) AND i can say what i want its MY OPINON and if he has the nerve to tell me 2 stop posting cause i'm under 13 well thats just RUDE.

If you mad cause there a few of us thats JUST under 13 by a few months, its sad, WERE GONNA BE 13 and u have to live with the fact that were here AND WERE NOT GONNA LEAVE.

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Not at all
Im not trying to bash anyone

Common sense meaning :

If i told you i was 13 that still wouldnt change anything, i can seriously say that my personality is not going to change by the time i turn 13 its not like some magical thing waiting to happen its just the day i so happened to be born and if there was a "Pre-teen" or a "IM A TODDLER" board i would more likely be over there because they probably dont argue about stupid things like this!

I dont like this thread at all
I even tried making a thread to stop the whole "relationships" thing so the boards wouldnt be clogged with it.

Besides i have been on this board for wile now and when some of us told our age and its not quite 13 yet its all of the sudden a huge problem?
It would be a different thing if this was the "Seniors" board but its not its teens.

How would you feel if there was no board for someone your age and then you wanted to post on the other board of people just a tad bit older then you and then people have problems with it because your not their age quite yet...

thats all i have to say about that...

Damhsa04
10-07-2007, 10:36 AM
You know what guys, internet fights are USELESS! You never really get your opinion out. You can't tell what other's emotions are. You read the post the way you think they wrote it and chances are they were using a completly different tone of voice.

BTW, I really don't care if 11 year olds join. I joined when I was 12 (I was phntmtllbth04) but rarely posted so I made a new account this past January. Everyone has their own opinion so why do we discriminate against age?

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Ok, i HATE your opinon, and what Ms.Squeakers about having common sense, shes just agreeing with me. Oh and i can dare to do whatever i want, you cant control me. :) AND i can say what i want its MY OPINON and if he has the nerve to tell me 2 stop posting cause i'm under 13 well thats just RUDE.

If you mad cause there a few of us thats JUST under 13 by a few months, its sad, WERE GONNA BE 13 and u have to live with the fact that were here AND WERE NOT GONNA LEAVE.

Agreed

imabrat
10-07-2007, 10:38 AM

Okay,so you hate my opinion,leave it right there!
The "You can't control me" line,that really show's that you're mature enough to be on a TEEN board. :rolleyes:
He doesn't have nerve to TELL you to stop posting,he's stating his opinion.
And It's YOUR opinion that what he said is rude.

We never said we were mad.
We never told you to leave.
We just said that it was called a TEEN(13+) board for a reason.

imabrat
10-07-2007, 10:44 AM
PSA!

For the Record.

I NEVER discriminated against age.
I stated my opinion,which was that this was teen board for a reason.
I stated another opinion,which was that maybe posters should wait until they were a teen,so that maybe they would relate better to the posts.

IN NO WAY did I tell ANYONE "Leave the board because you're not 13."
So please,stop bashing me telling me that I'm discriminating against those under 13 because I'm not.

Trust me,I've got better things to worry about than what a bunch of people on the internet think about me(like my health maybe?;) ),but some of these posts made me upset.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Okay,so you hate my opinion,leave it right there!
The "You can't control me" line,that really show's that you're mature enough to be on a TEEN board. :rolleyes:
He doesn't have nerve to TELL you to stop posting,he's stating his opinion.
And It's YOUR opinion that what he said is rude.

We never said we were mad.
We never told you to leave.
We just said that it was called a TEEN(13+) board for a reason.
Well it might be called the Teen Board but it seems you haven't noticed THERE IS NO AGE LIMIT, even if it has the word teen in it.
Theres no point of going on saying well its called a teen board for a reason or w/e your saying because WERE HERE AND WERE NOT GONNA LEAVE SO U CAN HAVE YOUR OPINON BUT ITS NOT LIKE WERE ALL GONNA LEAVE SO THERES NO POINT.

imabrat
10-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Well it might be called the Teen Board but it seems you haven't noticed THERE IS NO AGE LIMIT, even if it has the word teen in it.
Theres no point of going on saying well its called a teen board for a reason or w/e your saying because WERE HERE AND WERE NOT GONNA LEAVE SO U CAN HAVE YOUR OPINON BUT ITS NOT LIKE WERE ALL GONNA LEAVE SO THERES NO POINT.

you can have your opinion too.
but did you not read the post above yours?

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-07-2007, 10:49 AM
you can have your opinion too.
but did you not read the post above yours?
Why dont you act like a 'teen' and drop it? Maybe try being mature.

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Almost all of these posts made me upset

Do you have any idea what these boards would be like if no one told their age?

Yes its called the teen board for a reason

Were not stupid we understand a whole heck of a lot that you might not think we know nothing about BECAUSE OH MY GOODNESS GUESS WHAT AT MOST WERE 3/4S OF A YEAR YOUNGER THEN SOME OF YOU

daughter_of_amid_chaos
10-07-2007, 10:53 AM
the days I were talking about was when you were a mod. ;)

yeah because if i was still a mod this thread wouldn't even be happening;)

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Not at all
Im not trying to bash anyone

Common sense meaning :

If i told you i was 13 that still wouldnt change anything, i can seriously say that my personality is not going to change by the time i turn 13 its not like some magical thing waiting to happen its just the day i so happened to be born and if there was a "Pre-teen" or a "IM A TODDLER" board i would more likely be over there because they probably dont argue about stupid things like this!

I dont like this thread at all
I even tried making a thread to stop the whole "relationships" thing so the boards wouldnt be clogged with it.

Besides i have been on this board for wile now and when some of us told our age and its not quite 13 yet its all of the sudden a huge problem?
It would be a different thing if this was the "Seniors" board but its not its teens.

How would you feel if there was no board for someone your age and then you wanted to post on the other board of people just a tad bit older then you and then people have problems with it because your not their age quite yet...

thats all i have to say about that...

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Almost all of these posts made me upset

Do you have any idea what these boards would be like if no one told their age?

Yes its called the teen board for a reason

Were not stupid we understand a whole heck of a lot that you might not think we know nothing about BECAUSE OH MY GOODNESS GUESS WHAT AT MOST WERE 3/4S OF A YEAR YOUNGER THEN SOME OF YOU
Amen.

daughter_of_amid_chaos
10-07-2007, 10:56 AM

First of all, Sonja I am so excited to see you back on the teen board and posting! We missed you!!

So...for those of you who feel so strongly that it is a teen board (and oh how I agree with you) How do you feel about me still posting here every now and then? Since I am definitely no longer a teen.

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 11:00 AM
First of all, Sonja I am so excited to see you back on the teen board and posting! We missed you!!

So...for those of you who feel so strongly that it is a teen board (and oh how I agree with you) How do you feel about me still posting here every now and then? Since I am definitely no longer a teen.

It doesn't bother me one bit at all. You are part of the legacy here. You should always be welcomed. Also I am going to send you a pm about something.

imabrat
10-07-2007, 11:03 AM
It doesn't bother me one bit at all. You are part of the legacy here. You should always be welcomed.

Norah,This is also how I feel.
And it's great to see you too!

disney100666
10-07-2007, 11:05 AM

I love you sam! you are my hero!

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Norah,This is also how I feel.
And it's great to see you too!

Im speechless...

She was trying to point something out

daughter_of_amid_chaos
10-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Im speechless...

She was trying to point something out

If you are referring to me as "she" You are greatly mistaken that I was pointing something out. When I was a moderator here people under the age of 13 were not allowed to post on here. It was part of DIS guidelines at the time. And I liked it that way. It kept the board organized and less nasty. I was simply making sure my presence here as someone who is no longer a teenager does not make teens who use this board as a place to voice things they can't elsewhere uncomfortable.

By the way it's Norah not She.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I love you sam! you are my hero!
i try XD

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 11:22 AM
If you are referring to me as "she" You are greatly mistaken that I was pointing something out. When I was a moderator here people under the age of 13 were not allowed to post on here. It was part of DIS guidelines at the time. And I liked it that way. It kept the board organized and less nasty. I was simply making sure my presence here as someone who is no longer a teenager does not make teens who use this board as a place to voice things they can't elsewhere uncomfortable.

By the way it's Norah not She.
Norah,

Im sorry i have always had this problem with calling people their names when i have just met them.

Less nasty? Im getting confused here, Were not 9 most of us are 12 soon to be 13, So your saying that 12 year olds make the boards nasty?

daughter_of_amid_chaos
10-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Norah,

Im sorry i have always had this problem with calling people their names when i have just met them.

Less nasty? Im getting confused here, Were not 9 most of us are 12 soon to be 13, So your saying that 12 year olds make the boards nasty?

What I mean is that when it was in the guidelines that people under 13 could not post on the teen board (and of course a few snuck in but were dealt with by admins) there were no arguments over what threads mattered and what threads didnt. people weren't attacked for their opinions, it was simply professional debating.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-07-2007, 11:27 AM
What I mean is that when it was in the guidelines that people under 13 could not post on the teen board (and of course a few snuck in but were dealt with by admins) there were no arguments over what threads mattered and what threads didnt. people weren't attacked for their opinions, it was simply professional debating.
I dont mean to sounds mean but, that was then this is now.

daughter_of_amid_chaos
10-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I dont mean to sounds mean but, that was then this is now.

I was just explaining what was meant by the "old" boards since many of the new members have asked that.

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 11:33 AM
I honestly do i fit into this thread or at least i did..My age wasnt really a big thing

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Why are we all of a sudden being attacked? Everything was fine before.

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Norah is just trying to make a point. She has observed first hand in the past from what I have read of her posts here as a teen participant and a moderator of this board. And she has also observed as an outsider what it is like now here. And she is giving her honest opinion on the differences now to the past. Not many or any of us can give that perspective on things on the state of the TB because we were NOT there in the past. From what I read in her posts it is not an attack on how it is today it is just constructive criticism from someone who has been there and has seen it both ways.

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Well thats dandy because now Pigletgirl can change the thread name to "This board HAS changed" XD

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 11:40 AM
BTW Curiosity & Ms. Squeakers. I love reading your posts. I thinks they are for the most part very imformative and really good. I could careless how old you girls are. And that goes for Twisty and the rest of the young girls/guys on the teen boards.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-07-2007, 11:41 AM
BTW Curiosity & Ms. Squeakers. I love reading your posts. I thinks they are for the most part very imformative and really good. I could careless how old you girls are. And that goes for Twisty and the rest of the young girls/guys on the teen boards.
I think its great you dont care about age because were all the same inside. [=

Pirate Me
10-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Most of us joined before we were 13. Why tell others to join after they're 13. Thats just being hypocritical.

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 11:44 AM

Ditto

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 11:47 AM

That is true, we all have a love for Disney. That is what this place is about. And when it comes down to it, although I really enjoy it here and I like everyone here in the end it is a friggin forum. That is all a forum. All this arguing and bickering ver what age a person is, how many post someone is getting, in the scheme of things is just utter rubbish.

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 11:47 AM
In a second it could all be gone

Pirate Me
10-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Yikes. This thread did go sort of downhill. It turned into a debate about what age TBers should join.
...Well, its been one for about 4 or 5 pages.

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 01:03 PM
It doesn't have to go that way.:goodvibes

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 01:10 PM
No it doesnt

CheezDoodle
10-07-2007, 01:14 PM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r85/cheezykitty/LOLcatsseriousteenboard.jpg

VolleyballQt07
10-07-2007, 01:25 PM
I sort of agree with the OP. I kind of miss the "old times" (although it was this past summer Im talking about) when we had few new posters so everyone knew you and the threads were so alive and had good topics with the occasional stupid one that we'd all explode about. lol But now when I come on(which is very slim), I see tons and tons of new people and threads and I'm just blown away.

I remember staying up til midnight posting on the Girl Thread talking with other girls and posting daily on what I've eaten throughout the day and what I'm wearing. IDK if those threads are even alive now. And now its "different". There are so many new threads and its like wow. The TB has changed I think form when I joined.

I guess the thing is though, I dont like change. In fact, I despise it! So its probally why I feel the way I do.

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 01:32 PM
I think a thread to talk about girl issues would be a wonderful thread, but it would somehow have to be restricted to just for girls and I don't know how they would do that on here or how that would be moderated. But that is a great idea. You say they used to have something sort of like that?

Babyjustrun
10-07-2007, 01:36 PM
I think a thread to talk about girl issues would be a wonderful thread, but it would somehow have to be restricted to just for girls and I don't know how they would do that on here or how that would be moderated. But that is a great idea. You say they used to have something sort of like that?

The thread already exists.
If you went back a few pages, I'm sure someone could find it.
I don't know why people stopped posting on it.
I enjoyed whining about that time of the month xD
And there were really no problems with it.

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 01:40 PM
The thread already exists.
If you went back a few pages, I'm sure someone could find it.
I don't know why people stopped posting on it.
I enjoyed whining about that time of the month xD
And there were really no problems with it.

I will go look for it and bring it back to life as it is about to be that time of the month for me next week. Just in time for spirit week.

Babyjustrun
10-07-2007, 01:41 PM
=)

crazytp93
10-07-2007, 02:33 PM
ok listen. I love all the TEENS on this board. You guys are really great people. Even the ones i disagreed with. ;)

But, this board does need to be cleaned up a little bit, and the only way this will happen is with new moderators. Heck, where are the moderators this thread would have been closed if say Shelby or Sonya were them! I think that we should all email and request new moderators.

I am getting SICK of seeing all the nonsense threads complaining about boys or girls or pop sensations. Lets act like the mature teens we are suppose to beacting like.

Thanks,

Tom

taz
10-07-2007, 03:22 PM
i didnt know people here acted this rude.
MAKE SURE ANYONE OVER 19 DOES NOT POST HERE!!!

pigletgirl
10-07-2007, 03:24 PM
There are people over 19 who have posted here. *GASP!*

VolleyballQt07
10-07-2007, 03:25 PM
i didnt know people here acted this rude.
MAKE SURE ANYONE OVER 19 DOES NOT POST HERE!!!

What? :faint:

taz
10-07-2007, 03:32 PM

You Tell Them
Why dont you act like a 'teen' and drop it? Maybe try being mature.
Same Again

Finally someone agrees with the younger group.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-07-2007, 03:33 PM
ok listen. I love all the TEENS on this board. You guys are really great people. Even the ones i disagreed with. ;)

But, this board does need to be cleaned up a little bit, and the only way this will happen is with new moderators. Heck, where are the moderators this thread would have been closed if say Shelby or Sonya were them! I think that we should all email and request new moderators.

I am getting SICK of seeing all the nonsense threads complaining about boys or girls or pop sensations. Lets act like the mature teens we are suppose to beacting like.

Thanks,

Tom
I have nothing against Shelby or Sonya but i wouldnt want to have them as mods. But thats my opinon.

taz
10-07-2007, 03:33 PM
If people under 13 cant post here why should people older then 19 be able to post? Remeber they are not Teens!

pigletgirl
10-07-2007, 03:37 PM
There is a major difference between a 12 yr old and a 20 yr old.

Sparx
10-07-2007, 03:47 PM
my favorite poster and best friend on this board is 21. I dare any of you to say she can't post.

10-12 year olds on this board do tend to be the ones that annoy me. but in all honesty, some of the 14-18 year olds annoy me too. its not a matter of age, to me, its a matter of maturity. If an eleven year old can post intelligently, I welcome them to it.

i've always said that we need a preteen disney board. For people under 13.

oh, and to the kid who said we need new mods? it aint gonna happen. sorry. trust me. i've tried long and hard.

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 03:53 PM
I think if someone comes on a thread here and has something to say that adds to the thread and is informative to the thread I don't care if they are 7 years old or 99 years old it should make a bit of difference.

Where the problem sets in is where people come in a thread a post stuff that add nothing to the thread or are just trying to be a nusense and those people can be of any age as well. So age does not matter.

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 03:57 PM
my favorite poster and best friend on this board is 21. I dare any of you to say she can't post.

10-12 year olds on this board do tend to be the ones that annoy me. but in all honesty, some of the 14-18 year olds annoy me too. its not a matter of age, to me, its a matter of maturity. If an eleven year old can post intelligently, I welcome them to it.

i've always said that we need a preteen disney board. For people under 13.

oh, and to the kid who said we need new mods? it aint gonna happen. sorry. trust me. i've tried long and hard.

Well that is sad that the moderation team is not doing anything about this, but we as members can. We can have threads that discuss TB issues like this one and get things out in the open. The main thing with that is we all have to agree to stay mature when we discuss these matters.

taz
10-07-2007, 05:10 PM

But as people said... It's a teen board.

imabrat
10-07-2007, 05:12 PM
I have nothing against Shelby or Sonya but i wouldnt want to have them as mods. But thats my opinon.

Just wondering,but why not?

taz
10-07-2007, 05:20 PM

No Offense to Anyone but it seems like they already have some favorites. I know you guys won't like that comment or understand it. It seems like some don't like other people.

THe good is they are on here enough helping others. I never heard from a mods in a while.

Again not trying to be mean to anyone.

Taz :)

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-07-2007, 06:01 PM
I have my reasons and i'd like to keep them 2 myself.

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 06:08 PM
No Offense to Anyone but it seems like they already have some favorites. I know you guys won't like that comment or understand it. It seems like some don't like other people.

THe good is they are on here enough helping others. I never heard from a mods in a while.

Again not trying to be mean to anyone.

Taz :)

I would like to consider being a mod , but I have so much coming up on my plate in the future with shows and then college. I would want to do it right if I did it.

Pirate Me
10-07-2007, 06:09 PM
How do people actually become moderators?

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 06:13 PM
don't actually know. I guess you have to apply to the Mod Team.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-07-2007, 06:27 PM
I dont think there gonna have new mods for awhile.

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 06:29 PM
I dont think there gonna have new mods for awhile.

That is good, because maybe if I am still around in like 5 years or soand they are in need of them then I might be interested.

daughter_of_amid_chaos
10-07-2007, 06:31 PM
don't actually know. I guess you have to apply to the Mod Team.

They are personally selected by Webmasters. The board is self has no say in who becomes a mod nor do the other moderators. It is completely up to the webmasters about when mod changes happen and what those changes are.

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 06:42 PM
They are personally selected by Webmasters. The board is self has no say in who becomes a mod nor do the other moderators. It is completely up to the webmasters about when mod changes happen and what those changes are.

So do you apply to them or do they just ask you because they think you would be good for the position.

Ms.Squeakers
10-07-2007, 06:42 PM
I dont know if i know the mods or not
Maybe... I just havnt seen them around lately except for that "travel teen agents" thing

daughter_of_amid_chaos
10-07-2007, 06:50 PM
So do you apply to them or do they just ask you because they think you would be good for the position.

They ask people...should they feel new mods are necessary. At this time, webmasters apparently do not feel that new mods are necessary for the teen board.

taz
10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
They ask people...should they feel new mods are necessary. At this time, webmasters apparently do not feel that new mods are necessary for the teen board.

i think there should be some... in the VMK one Aengus is always on and talking, unlike here

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-07-2007, 07:13 PM
i think there should be some... in the VMK one Aengus is always on and talking, unlike here
Yea i agree, we need someone like him, but i think it'll be awhile before we have a new mod(s)

daughter_of_amid_chaos
10-07-2007, 07:14 PM

You can want one all you want but it doesn't matter. Trust me we have tried for years (I left maybe 3 years ago as a mod) to get new ones. It even caused some people to get banned for pestering admins.

Sparx
10-07-2007, 07:15 PM
we aren't getting new mods any time soon. just don't push the issue. trust me.

RaggedyAnnPrincess
10-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Seriously, what is the difference between 12 and 13 though? When I turned 13, I hardly felt any change in my personality. So how is 13 much of a difference? I mean, sometimes I STILL act immature, even as a 13 year old. So how are 12 year olds different? I hardly think turning 13 magically "changes" a person's personality, maturity ( sp? ) wise.Not that 12 or 11 year olds are immature, that's just one some people seemed to be implying.

My Own Little Corner
10-07-2007, 07:20 PM
I am 17 and there are still sometimes when I am immature.

Peter Pan's Motto: I Won't Grow Up

Damhsa04
10-07-2007, 10:33 PM
This is just a post for everyone. It's kind of been posted before on this thread but I think everyone needs a reminder.

Don't post once on a thread and then right after your post put another post up on the same thread, just edit your OP and add what you want to add. Just don't try to "rack up your posts", that's what that thread is for.

Sorry it's just a pet peeve of mine.

Pirate Me
10-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Same here, it really annoys me when people do that.

Loves Disney
10-07-2007, 10:38 PM
How petty an argument than one that involves nearly 12 pages of arguing over who is right, who is wrong, who supports who, and whether a 12 year old can post or not?

At this point, I don't think it technically matters whether someone who isn't a teen can post or not. It's allowed now so everyone just needs to accept that fact. I can't say I have an opinion on that issue right now, but I will say that the majority of those who annoy me on this forum are the preteens and early teens. That isn't to say all, but the majority. I can whine and cry all I want over that but it wouldn't solve anything. I am not in charge here and neither is anyone arguing in this thread. Instead of pointing fingers and complaining how everyone who isn't a teen shouldn't post, try getting over this bridge and realize that the way the TB is run probably won't change anytime soon if at all...so it might be in your best interest to find a way to live with that fact or don't and cease to come to the teen board.

I know you guys are more mature than flaming others. Honestly, I don't care who is in the right and who is in the wrong...some of the posts I have seen here (whether I agree or not) have been very naive. If you are not a teen, prove that you are capable of posting on a forum for teens. I could point out some examples from this thread that exemplify how some of you guys are NOT capable of that.

It isn't my aim to sound harsh, but seriously guys...grow up. The moderators here are rather sparse around the forum...but do we need them active 24/7? Threads like this make them needed. We know they aren't that active...so let's not give reason to demand the need for new moderators. Obviously that ship has has sailed through one too many times.

Maturity and respect are key. Act like dignified teens (or preteens) and respect one another. Don't point fingers and belittle people for what their opinions are...respect that they have opinions and deal with it in a way that does not cause juvenile flaming.

Live and let live. :thumbsup2 It will make this forum a happier place.

crazytp93
10-08-2007, 10:22 AM

probably because she knows you guys will actually do something and she wants to get away with stuff so thats what i think. :rotfl2:

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-08-2007, 10:25 AM
probably because she knows you guys will actually do something and she wants to get away with stuff so thats what i think. :rotfl2:
No, and your not funny. :]

taz
10-08-2007, 04:44 PM

OMG, that was rude..... can't believe a 'teen' would post like that :sad1:
Not funny

Sparx
10-08-2007, 05:13 PM
look, just don't question the mod situation. it'll only get you in trouble. trust me.

life of the party
10-09-2007, 02:24 PM

:rotfl:

life of the party
10-09-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm not into VMK much.

:hippie: right on right onnn dont let the WOman keep us downn

(:rotfl: )

life of the party
10-09-2007, 02:43 PM
OK so i have read over a good bit of this thread.

And UGH i am disgusted!

Wait a year until the 12 year olds turn 13?! ***? Thats dumb. Do you expect us to be totaly different people?!

I'm trying to put ALL my thoughts neatly but im so furious all i want to right is like FHJDKSFHKLDJHFKL DSHGKDLGFH JKAH GJFKLHGTJ KFHGEUIREKHT RGEY THROIEQHGFKLHGJUIHGFRHGJKSDE!!

imabrat
10-09-2007, 03:17 PM
OK so i have read over a good bit of this thread.

And UGH i am disgusted!

Wait a year until the 12 year olds turn 13?! ***? Thats dumb. Do you expect us to be totaly different people?!

I'm trying to put ALL my thoughts neatly but im so furious all i want to right is like FHJDKSFHKLDJHFKL DSHGKDLGFH JKAH GJFKLHGTJ KFHGEUIREKHT RGEY THROIEQHGFKLHGJUIHGFRHGJKSDE!!

It's only an opinion.
Don't get your panties in a twist.

crazytp93
10-09-2007, 03:36 PM
OMG, that was rude..... can't believe a 'teen' would post like that :sad1:
Not funny

Anyways, where are the mods? Are they ever on?

ok what was so rude about that that you had to say "OMG THAT WAS SO RUDE!" seriously lets tone down the drama! there is nothing rude about that, i was stating my PERSONAL opinion. Thank you.

taz
10-09-2007, 03:37 PM
look, just don't question the mod situation. it'll only get you in trouble. trust me.

sorry... and thanks for the reminder, i'll edit my post:groom:

Damhsa04
10-09-2007, 03:53 PM
People under 13, you realize that this thread was started because someone thought that people under 13 were causing a problem. May it be little or major they were still their causing a problem with someone.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-09-2007, 03:57 PM
ok what was so rude about that that you had to say "OMG THAT WAS SO RUDE!" seriously lets tone down the drama! there is nothing rude about that, i was stating my PERSONAL opinion. Thank you.

If you want to 'tone down' the drama, stop posting on here. :]

imabrat
10-09-2007, 04:05 PM

You complained about other people telling you to stop posting,when in reality no one told you to.
On behalf of crazytp93,I'm going to complain about you telling him to stop posting.
Sorry,but what goes around comes around.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-09-2007, 04:07 PM
You complained about other people telling you to stop posting,when in reality no one told you to.
On behalf of crazytp93,I'm going to complain about you telling him to stop posting.
Sorry,but what goes around comes around.
Mine was just a opinon :]

TwistyMisty
10-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Wow.

imabrat
10-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Mine was just a opinon :]

As was mine.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Whats the point of stating your opinon if its never going to happen? Honestly? What do you think will happen? We'll all leave so it can be the 13+ TB? Honestly

Sparx
10-09-2007, 04:19 PM

You call this an opinion, I call it an attack. You can not under any circumstances tell anyone to stop posting anywhere. You do not have those powers. Its against the rules.

TwistyMisty
10-09-2007, 04:21 PM
You call this an opinion, I call it an attack. You can not under any circumstances tell anyone to stop posting anywhere. You do not have those powers. Its against the rules.
A lot of people do that to me.
They never got into trouble.
They told me to STOP posting until I am thirteen.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-09-2007, 04:24 PM
It was a suggestion.
&& what Twisty said i agree with.

Sparx
10-09-2007, 04:24 PM
A lot of people do that to me.
They never got into trouble.
They told me to STOP posting until I am thirteen.

thats because we don't have a whole lot of active moderation. but its still against the rules, and very rude.

Btw, there is no rule against posting under 13. i checked.

TwistyMisty
10-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey hey,

I have to many points to get into trouble again.

I'll shut up so I don't get involved.

TwistyMisty
10-09-2007, 04:27 PM
thats because we don't have a whole lot of active moderation. but its still against the rules, and very rude.

Btw, there is no rule against posting under 13. i checked.

Ok, this is my last post on here.

THANK YOU SPARX!

You are like the only person who has told me that.
Personally, I was offended by someone telling me to wait an entire year just to post here.

Damhsa04
10-09-2007, 04:32 PM
So this is going to sound repetive. I posted it either here or on the thread just like this one.

PLEASE don't double post. I don't mean have the same post consecutively after one another. I mean having one post and then a minute later posting another post under you op. Just edit your op.

imabrat
10-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Ok, this is my last post on here.

THANK YOU SPARX!

You are like the only person who has told me that.
Personally, I was offended by someone telling me to wait an entire year just to post here.

How can I state this any clearer?

NOBODY TOLD YOU TO STOP POSTING!
Please stop taking that offensively because no one stated such a thing!

imabrat
10-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Whats the point of stating your opinon if its never going to happen? Honestly? What do you think will happen? We'll all leave so it can be the 13+ TB? Honestly

What's the point of telling me this and being rude?
You can post your opinion,I'll post mine.
If you don't like mine,i'm pretty sure you'll get over it eventually.
As will I to yours.

And you honestly never know.
For all we know,they could impose the 13+ and up rule again.
You never know.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-09-2007, 04:39 PM
How can I state this any clearer?

NOBODY TOLD YOU TO STOP POSTING!
Please stop taking that offensively because no one stated such a thing!

Ok no one told us to stop posting we get that now, BUT
You have NO IDEA what its like to pointed at and hearing things about you just because your JUST UNDER 13.
What if someone told you you have to wait a year before posting because of your cancer, how would YOU feel?

Sparx
10-09-2007, 04:45 PM
You have NO IDEA what its like to pointed at and hearing things about you just because your JUST UNDER 13.
What if someone told you you have to wait a year before posting because of your cancer, how would YOU feel?

what in the world... You're just disagreeing to disagree. you make no sense, what-so-ever.

And yeah, i was under thirteen too. i do know what its like to be excluded from things. I notice you only have something to say about people saying under thirteens cant post here. I've not seen you say a word about over 19. I can promise some of, if not the best posters this board has ever seen are over 19.

get over it, seriously. You're being rude and uncalled for at this point.

TwistyMisty
10-09-2007, 04:48 PM
I think this needs to stop.

Damhsa04
10-09-2007, 04:48 PM

How rude do you have to be? This just shows why people under 13 shouldn't post here. They don't know how to express themselves in a mature manner.

imabrat
10-09-2007, 04:49 PM

You have no idea what it's like to be pointed at and hearing things about you because you have cancer.

Don't you try to compare being under 13 to having cancer.
You have no idea what it's like to have cancer,and you probably never will.
Okay,so just stop being rude and uncalled for.
You don't know a thing about having cancer.

Sparx
10-09-2007, 04:49 PM
How rude do you have to be? This just shows why people under 13 shouldn't post here. They don't know how to express themselves in a mature manner.

::yes:: if anything, this only makes a case for those who don't want -13 posting.

imabrat
10-09-2007, 04:51 PM
I think this needs to stop.

I do too.
But if someone continues to bad mouth something,I'm not going to let that sit.
Especially when they bring my health into the equation.

shellybellypolo
10-09-2007, 04:52 PM
This is getting way out of hand.

Sonya, I do feel bad for you in the aspect that you have cancer. But sometimes you use that for your own defense. It makes people kind of suck up to you. You did mention that people under 13 should not post here before and you did make it seem mandatory.

Sammy, you do have a point here. But sometimes you hold grudges against people.. and you're very aggressive when it comes to arguments. Sometimes, you need to just calm down.

Twisty, I've got nothing to say LOL.

Sparx, you do know what you're doing, and you're kinda like Sammy. But maybe sometimes you get a little too over your head with the words you choose. Just water the words down and maybe we can all find some peace.

I'm not trying to be mean, and I'm not trying to take sides. Let's try and blow the steam off and move on :)

TwistyMisty
10-09-2007, 04:53 PM
You have no idea what it's like to be pointed at and hearing things about you because you have cancer.

Don't you try to compare being under 13 to having cancer.
You have no idea what it's like to have cancer,and you probably never will.
Okay,so just stop being rude and uncalled for.
You don't know a thing about having cancer.
I do.
My dad has cancer.:(

Sparx
10-09-2007, 04:55 PM

Sonya, I do feel bad for you in the aspect that you have cancer. But sometimes you use that for your own defense. It makes people kind of suck up to you. You did mention that people under 13 should not post here before and you did make it seem mandatory.

Sammy, you do have a point here. But sometimes you hold grudges against people.. and you're very aggressive when it comes to arguments. Sometimes, you need to just calm down.

Sparx, you do know what you're doing, and you're kinda like Sammy. But maybe sometimes you get a little too over your head with the words you choose. Just water the words down and maybe we can all find some peace.

I'm not trying to be mean, and I'm not trying to take sides. Let's try and blow the steam off and move on :)

i'd love to see the post(s) youre talking about with that. i've never ever seen her do anything like that. :confused3

And I'm actually perfectly calm. one of the problems of the internet is that you can never hear the tone something is written in. the tone of my last couple post has been in more of a shock than an anger. At the most, i'm irritated.

Jasmine45
10-09-2007, 04:56 PM

Oh My God.

XxCuriosityxX<3
i'd love to see the post(s) youre talking about with that. i've never ever seen her do anything like that. :confused3

And I'm actually perfectly calm. one of the problems of the internet is that you can never hear the tone something is written in. the tone of my last couple post has been in more of a shock than an anger. At the most, i'm irritated.
Oh theres plenty to choose from.

Damhsa04

So you're telling Shelby to dumb herself down so that people can understand he better. (I am NOT saying that the 13 and under crowd is dumb, let me make that clear). Shelby is one of the most mature people on the TB and if you have her dumb herself down so that the minority can understand her that's not going to have the kids under 13 stop posting. They might think they belong now because there aren't as many controversial topics on the board and can understand what's going on. This is the teen boards for a reason.

Sparx
10-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh theres plenty to choose from.

you're not the person I was directing that comment towards, but I'd love to see one that you think shes doing that in.

shellybellypolo
10-09-2007, 04:59 PM

Scroll down a bit.
"You have no idea what it's like to have cancer"

Where does that come in the 13+ category?

Once again, I'm not trying to be mean. I really don't like being flammed on the boards. And I'm not saying I don't feel bad for her. I have complete respect for anyone who has been in a cancer battle. Cancer is in my family's genes. I may actually get it too. And I'm not saying that I will feel her pain. I most likely never feel how she feels.

But I'm just saying Sammy isn't immature. I know her. She and I go on the DIS Chat daily.

I've seen far worse on this board. I won't call out names either.

TwistyMisty
10-09-2007, 04:59 PM
So you're telling Shelby to dumb herself down so that people can understand he better. (I am NOT saying that the 13 and under crowd is dumb, let me make that clear). Shelby is one of the most mature people on the TB and if you have her dumb herself down so that the minority can understand her that's not going to have the kids under 13 stop posting. They might think they belong now because there aren't as many controversial topics on the board and can understand what's going on. This is the teen boards for a reason.
No no. She is just trying to tell Sparx to calm down. I'm with Shelly on this.

And I think that we need to let this thread die.

imabrat
10-09-2007, 05:00 PM

So,your saying that I use my cancer as an excuse for what I say or do?

People suck up to me?So people are saying that they're sad for me and that they pray for me when they're not? Awful two-faced of these people,would'nt you think?

I stated that it was my opinion that people only 13+ post on the teen board. How did I make this sound mandatory,because as far as I know,I only wrote my thoughts?

Not trying to sound rude or pushy or whatever.
But I take criticism(sp) and learn from it.
And yes,I was particually offended by your first two quotes,if they turn out to mean what I think they mean.

Sparx
10-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Scroll down a bit.

Once again, I'm not trying to be mean. I really don't like being flammed on the boards. And I'm not saying I don't feel bad for her. I have complete respect for anyone who has been in a cancer battle. Cancer is in my family's genes. I may actually get it too. And I'm not saying that I will feel her pain. I most likely never feel how she feels.

But I'm just saying Sammy isn't immature. I know her. She and I go on the DIS Chat daily.

it matters that curiosity is the one that compared being under thirteen to having cancer, so her post was completely justified.

TwistyMisty
10-09-2007, 05:01 PM
I agree.

I miss the old board.

Here is one.

imabrat
10-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Scroll down a bit.

Don't direct this at me because if you look back at the posts,I was NOT the one who brought cancer into this whole mess.

XxCuriosityxX<3
Just let the thread die..

crazytp93
Oh My God.

that is EXACTLY what i just said. that was uncalled for and extremely unecessary.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Don't direct this at me because if you look back at the posts,I was NOT the one who brought cancer into this whole mess.
Yes ok i brought cancer into the thread, yes my statement wasnt the best comparison, but its time to LET THE THREAD DIE.

crazytp93
Scroll down a bit.

SHE sure is acting immature.

imabrat
Edited.
False post.
Woops.

shellybellypolo

Ok are you reading what I'm saying?

I'm. not. trying. to. get. flamed?!

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow... this is just getting sad.

crazytp93
10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Wow... this is just getting sad.

STOP POSTING!

TwistyMisty
10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Can we just stop?
Can we just shut up and calm down?
Can we do that LITTLE thing?
I don't want anyone to get into trouble.
Just let the thread die.

Sparx, I know your trying to help. And I agree that your one of the most mature teens on the board.

Sonya, I do feel sorry for you. My dad has cancer and I know how bad you feel.

Sam, you do sometimes have a cranky attitude and you hold a grudge. But when it's over your really nice!

But guys, your making Sam feel bad. Please stop. She is my friend and I don't like her to get hurt.

Shelly is being mature at this point. She's not afraid to tell the truth.

But please guys, can we just stop?

Sparx
10-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Ok are you reading what I'm saying?

I'm. not. trying. to. get. flamed?!

Look, You posted that a girl with cancer uses her disease as an excuse to get people to suck up to her. when you go into that territory, flames just come with it. if you didn't want to get into this, you shouldn't have made your post in the first place. its a little too late to say "But i odn't wnat to be flamed"

:confused3

Jasmine45
10-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Yes ok i brought cancer into the thread, yes my statement wasnt the best comparison, but its time to LET THE THREAD DIE.

Posting "LET THE THREAD DIE" Wont make it Die.

XxCuriosityxX<3
10-09-2007, 05:11 PM
STOP POSTING!
Uhm did we go over this? YOU CANT TELL SOMEONE NOT TO POST.

crazytp93
10-09-2007, 05:11 PM

LOL

Sparx
10-09-2007, 05:12 PM

:rotfl:

shellybellypolo
Look, You posted that a girl with cancer uses her disease as an excuse to get people to suck up to her. when you go into that territory, flames just come with it. if you didn't want to get into this, you shouldn't have made your post in the first place. its a little too late to say "But i odn't wnat to be flamed"

:confused3

Well when you put it that way, you make it sounds as if I'm a horrible person.

Go ahead and form an opinion. I'm done with this thread. People think they're getting somewhere but we're getting NADA.

StitchfansJr
Can we just stop?
Just let the thread die.

Sparx, I know your trying to help. And I agree that your one of the most mature teens on the board.

Sonya, I agree with Shelly. You do use your cancer as a defense. But, BUT, I do feel sorry for you. My dad has cancer and I know how bad you feel.

Sam, you do sometimes have a cranky attitude and you hold a grudge. But when it's over your really nice!

But guys, your making Sam feel bad. Please stop. She is my friend and I don't like her to get hurt.

All I'm going to say is ITA, Twisty.

crazytp93
10-09-2007, 05:14 PM
lets all meet in chat room number 1

TwistyMisty
10-09-2007, 05:16 PM
No.

crazytp93
10-09-2007, 05:16 PM
No.

ok nevermind lets all just sit her and keep on posting like babbling idiots.

Jasmine45
10-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Can we just stop?
Just let the thread die.

Sonya, I do feel sorry for you. My dad has cancer and I know how bad you feel.

ITA too.
=]

Jasmine45
10-09-2007, 05:19 PM
lets all meet in chat room number 1

No.

:lmao:

I could'nt help but laugh
xD

imabrat
10-09-2007, 05:23 PM

xD

OT,but me too.
Sounds like a bad pick-up line from a movie.
:laughing:

Sparx
10-09-2007, 05:24 PM

xD
I'm still laughing about it.:rotfl:

Jasmine45
10-09-2007, 05:29 PM
OT,but me too.
Sounds like a bad pick-up line from a movie.
:laughing:

I'm still laughing about it.:rotfl:

;)

MadameLeota
10-09-2007, 05:35 PM

I have wondered the same thing...I only joined here in May, but I just recently turned 20 (NO LONGER A TEEN AT ALL...)....so I haven't posted on here much, but even just in the past couple months I've seen it change...

pigletgirl
10-09-2007, 05:38 PM
^ You're fine. :) I really do like seeing the older crowd here. It makes it not as weird for me.

crazytp93
10-09-2007, 05:44 PM
;)

now that i re read it......... its freakin hysterical!

VMK_MagicalLadee
10-09-2007, 05:49 PM
OH I JUST LOVE YE ALL! :hug: